• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aerumen

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mission pouts, of course he couldn't - the one time she has a nice idea for someone. Oh well, it's a gesture. Her mind quickly lit up with an alternative option, the none-dark stone part can still be crafted. "Huh, I don't know if I'll be here in a few days time. Well, can you smith the hilt for me at least? I'll take the Darkstone with me and if I'm still here I'll pop in to see if your man is around." She looked around the smithy before her eyes fell back on the dwarf, pondering something.

"I'd also like to purchase a couple wooden swords if you don't mind?"

Foxy Reaches down and takes the bags of crystal dust under her arm and grins at her little companion, the wares today were definitely interesting - and she was starting to feel inspired. Esra began to discuss ideas with Foxy, starting with Mission but then swiftly distracting herself with a good idea for Blu.

"A Journal sounds great! Even if he isn't able to, we're going to be spending a lot of time with him, we can definitely teach him how to read and write. I still remember my tutor's practices from when I was taught as a girl and you Esra, well you're the smartest person I know so he'll definitely get the hang of it in no time. Plus he can learn to sketch and see all the new things he's never seen before and oh my it's going to be adorable it's perfect lets get that."

Foxy gasped in some air, but she was far too distracted by the idea than her lack of breath. "Mission may seem like a tough, moody, spiky fighty woman on the outside, but i bet she's got that soft inside where she wants to be treated like a lady and something nice like a new top or some nice decorated armour or a piece of jewellery would be much appreciated." Foxy was trying to compare herself with the Black Hound.

"Now, that I can do!" Dorrick exclaimed, a smile creasing the corners of his hooded eyes, "I'll get the order in for ya the moment my current smith finishes heating her forge. She's skilled with yer normal metals, so there shouldn't be an issue." He turned his head and gestured to one of the few display racks nestled against the wall opposite of them. This particular iron rack had the wooden swords hug without any security measures, something not uncommon for wooden swords due to their low value. "As for yer wooden swords, we already have a few made. They aren't in high demand around here, but we have at least one for yer basic types of sword. The heavier swords are made with hickory and loctus, the lighter ones are made with either rock maple or ash. The price don't change much, they're only two copper each for the light swords, three copper for heavy swords. The hilt for your sword, that'll cost two silver."

"You're right, Foxy!" Esra beamed up at her friend, "We can all teach him. I'm sure Mircea, or even Bast, would teach him magic, too. Divines know, he'll be needing it." For a moment she seemed down, though her disposition perked up as Foxy continued with her suggestions for Mission's gift. "oo," Esra's expression mimicked her impressed tone, "That's a good idea. She's so rough sometimes, I didn't think about the fact that she's indeed still a woman! We have needs!" The small elf was excited about this. Shopping for clothing or something shiny, or pretty for another woman wasn't something she got to do often anymore. "Ahh, I hope I haven't lost my touch. Though, you and Mission seem at least somewhat similar, hopefully it wont be difficult for us to find something for her. If you don't mind, we can stop by the caravans first to drop these off before we look?"

"Are you really that clueless?" Falma asked, leaning back on to her hands, "Is it that even possible?"

"Well," Bast reached a hand out and patted Blu on the head, calming the boy's embarrassment, "He's still young, and was being sheltered. It's possible that he knows of them, but not what they are." Falma shrugged at Bast's statement. It still didn't make much sense to her.

"Blu," the silk-haired man called his attention again, "Did your parents ever tell you stories- ones about magical beings that watch over humans?"

"S-something like that," Blu answered slowly, obviously thinking, "My mother used to tell me about this thing called the Watcher, but, it was always something scary. She said it was a creature that took kids who misbehaved or wandered too far from their homes."

"To keep you from running off, no doubt. Parents have used those tales for a long time." Bast chuckled, though it faded before he continued, "However, It's not entirely wrong. I'll get to that in a moment. First, you should know about the Divines. " Falma huffed and caused Bast to pause, "Would you like to do it, then?"

"I can. First, the most important divine is Vital (Vee-tall), also known as the bringer of life, creator, all-maker- Vital goes by many names. She's said to be the first divine. But, her first sentient creations corrupted from the power she gave them and turned against her. After near failing to fend them off, she sent their life force and souls to the under realm. Heartbroken over the failure of her first creations, Vital fell to disarray. From this, other divines were born from her love and hurt. She used them to help create beings that were sentient, but couldn't rival their powers, also known as our ancestors."

"That's not a bad explanation, but you're forgetting something," Bast said, staring at Falma and Blu," Vital wasn't the first, or at least, she wasn't alone. With Vital came her brother, Tenez, who created the underworld. It was an agreement between the two. Vital would watch this realm, and Tenez would watch the other. However, after Vital was betrayed, Tenez became angry with her for to creating more divines. The two fought each other, and this brought about the middle realms, also known as Nether, as well as other phenomena."

"This is confusing," Blu commented, his tail scraping against the ground. "You said the watcher is real...is it a divine? What do the middle realms do? What's the point of the underworld?"

"Calm down," Bast scolded lightly, trying to think of how to explain it, "The underworld is a subject involving death, are you sure you're okay to hear it?"

Blu nodded, his curls bouncing with the movement.

"Okay.." Bast looked away for a moment in thought, "The underworld is basically a realm where our souls are sent after we die. But, it isn't as entirely bad as it may sound. You see, people who do things that the divines themselves see as immoral, unjust, or corrupted, will be stuck in the underworld. However, those who pass their judgment may either end up being reincarnated, or even sent to Laertha."

"What's Laertha? and..reincarnation?"

"Well, those who have done things what are acknowledged by the divines will end up in Laertha. It's basically a paradise created just for us. Reincarnation is basically...ahh-" Bast stumbled.

"Your soul is who you are on the inside, your life force is the energy you are born with and accumulate throughout your life. If someone is reincarnated, their souls are placed in to a new body and born again, and the life force from their previous life is used to nurture this earth." Falma intervened.

"Um, okay," Blu scratched the back of his head, "But the other things, you guys didn't answer them."

"It is a lot to explain," Bast huffed," Most people are raised learning only parts of this, even if they don't choose to believe it. The Middle realms- The nether, is basically a way-station, a place kind of like Lythrope, between this realm and the others."

"But, why do you speak as if there are multiple ones?"

"There are multiple ones, though most people choose to only believe in two, if they believe it at all. People usually only believe in the nethers between this realm and the underworld, as well as this realm and Laertha."

"So...there are more realms than those?"

"Yes, but not much is known, that's why people choose to ignore it. They say sometimes creatures will enter our world from the other realms, but I wont be getting in to those today."

"But, you didn't tell me about the watcher."

"Right, the watcher." Bast looked as if it was a little annoyed, but it was a minute expression," The watcher- er, Watchers. They're originally beings created to be below the divines, but above us in power. It's written that should a mortal ever defeat a watcher they'll either become favored, or become a target for divine retribution."

"That's-"

"Confusing, I know. Let me finish." Bast scolded again, though there was a slight smile on his face, "The watchers aren't just creations from Vital. Tenez also created watchers, to bring balance. Those created by Vital are often sort of like healers; they help mortals if the mortals have offered something to them in return. But, those created by Tenez often bring misfortune, curses, or, yes, even things like snatching naughty children."

Blu shuddered, "So it was true."

"Kind of," Bast chuckled, "They aren't all like that. In fact, finding a watcher of misfortune is difficult for most, you'd have to already be pretty unfortunate to attract one."

"So, wait, Watchers live in our world?"

"Yes, they do." Falma answered this time, "They can disguise themselves to live among us, but this is pretty unheard of. In fact, most people don't believe they do anymore."

"But, why?"

"Well, watchers, though powerful, often become targets for people who wish to gain the favor of the divines. Those people are often greedy or arrogant, though," Falma continued, "Also, watchers are tricky. They can disguise themselves as us, yes, but they can also disguise themselves as a different type of watcher. You see, some watchers grow in power when people praise them as higher beings, or even fear them directly. Some will try to disguise themselves as one of good fortune to gain more ability, and some might disguise themselves as those of misfortune to try and drive curious people away."

"That's true," Bast concurred, "Have you ever heard the story about the golden wheat?"

"Aye, but that's just a folktale."

Blu interjected, "No, I haven't."

"I didn't expect you to, tyke, it is an eastern tale, but I'll tell you it!" Bast readjusted his position, as if he was happy to share it, "Well, there was once a small city near the deserts of the eastlands who had been dealing with famine for two years. Their crops wouldn't grow, and their livestock was dwindling. In desperation, they sent three of their strongest warriors to seek out a watcher that had been spotted near the area. Once they found them, the watcher claimed to be of good fortune, and promised to help their village if they completed three tasks. The first task was to bring their best cow to the watcher, one that was easily completed. The second task was to bring water from an specific oasis in the desert, a task which cost one of their lives. The two remaining soldiers completed the task and the brought water to the watcher. The third task was to track down a watcher of misfortune that lived within the desert, slay it, and bring back its head as proof. The soldiers, desperate to save their families, complied with the watcher. They spent a few moons tracking the watcher which resided within a cavern made of crystals. They fought it, but one of them had to sacrifice his life to help defeat it."

"I thought it was a cavern with gold." Falma interrupted with a raised brow.

"Maybe it was, the story always changes," Bast shrugged, "Anyways, after slaying the desert watcher, the last remaining soldier brought its head to the other watcher, but what they got in return wasn't what was promised. The city's crops erupted into golden wheat. It was entirely inedible, and would turn to dust when they attempted to smelt it, and the soldier was also cursed for slaying the desert watcher. You see, the first watcher they found was actually one of misfortune who tricked the soldiers to kill a watcher who was innocent."

"Did the city die?"

"Not exactly, Blu." Falma responded this time, "They sold the golden wheat to mages who wished to study it in exchange for provisions. Once people caught wind of what happened, more people began visiting the city. But, eventually, people began to leave as well. The land had become infertile and bad for crops, what little hope they had for rebuilding the agriculture there had dwindled since people believed the was soil tainted, or cursed."

Bast nodded, "Ay, the city is now a small trading center, but many people who live there are poor or not the type of people you'd want to be around."

"Oh," Blu scratched his head, "But, what happened to the soldier?"

Falma sighed and shrugged, "I heard he died when the crops turned to gold. Some people believe he died from the curse some time after."

"I don't like that story." Blu commented looking to the side.

"Aw," Bast smiled and ruffled Blu's hair, "It's okay, there's plenty of happy ones I can tell you in the future. For now, I'm tired of this talk. I can teach you more about the mythos later."

Falma stood and stretched, a yawn emitting from her throat, "aa- by the way, Blu. Most of this stuff is just legends. Even some of the divines he might tell you about are iffy. You don't have to feel pressured to believe in them, but I wouldn't mock them in your position. You're already a target for some people."

Blu nodded and stood up next to her, wiping the dirt and hanging grass from his trousers. He walked away from the two, leaving Bast to his usual dancing energy as the man climbed on to the top of the middle caravan. The boy came to stand next to Mal, looking from him to Alter, who'd been very quiet aside from the noises his carving made.

"What should I do?" Blu asked Mal, who looked at him and smiled slightly before slapping his back, a gesture that nearly caused the impline to fall.

"Boy, I suggest you get your body ready for moving."

"oww..." Blu groaned, "Why?"

"Because you'll probably be put to work here soon. No doubt the others are making plans to train you. Can't go out in to the world totally unprepared, boy, that's just asking to get hurt."

"W-what?"

"How about this," Mal stood, towering over him. "I'll get you started, teach you some basic exercises for training."

"Um," Blu had forgotten just how tall Mal was, he tried looking up at him, but the sun in his eyes didn't help this.

"c'mon, boy, let me test your strength. Punch me." Mal demanded, though Blu shook his head.

"I don't want to hit anyone."

Mal didn't feel like fussing, and seeing as Alter hadn't completed his sword yet he pointed to the large weapon. "Fine. Try to pick that up and move it over here."

Blu nodded and grabbed the sword by the hilt. It was about the same size as him in length, and he had to use both of his hands to pull it from its leaned positioned. It was too heavy for him to fully lift, instead dragging it across the ground and moving it towards Mal. He'd wrestled with cows and helped with labor around the farm, but it wasn't this difficult. There was a deep chuckle from the giant man.

"Not bad, kid, you're strong for your size, but you're still too soft."

Blu huffed from the struggle, but the weight was lifted as Mal picked up the sword and set it against his post. "Woah, okay."

"Now that I have an idea of what your strength is, I want to check out you're endurance." Mal pointed to the caravans, "Run around them until you start to get tired."

"Are you sure?" Blu asked, looking at the caravans.

"Well, maybe that isn't the best idea. Don't want to lose sight of you too much. Okay, how about from that side of the campsite," He pointed to the last post around the dead fire, "To the caravans and back, and stay on that side, don't come near the carver."

"o-okay," Blu nodded, moving a bit slowly towards the last post. He settled his feet against the ground before he started running. The air was warmer now, so it wasn't too hard to breathe. The ground was loose in some parts and soft in others from the uneven shade of the trees. It was fun at first, but after a few minutes of going back and forth he collapsed on the ground, his hand waving in forfeit. His lungs hurt almost as much as his legs.

"Good job, Blu," Mal came over to him and helped him up, "But, you need to work on your breathing. Remember, always breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Try it now, but do it slowly."

The boy did as he was told, breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. It was difficult at first with his lungs being shaky, but he eventually caught on to it.

"Have a short rest. Get you some water."

Blu nodded and grabbed the liquid receptacle attached to his side and drank it a bit slowly. "Do people do this every day?"

"Some do, I like to do it at night time. Less people, less sun."

"Mal, you've been north, right? What is it like?"

"Well," Mal hesitated, "It's cold and a harsh environment passed the main settlements. Most people have difficulty going too far north, especially if they are unprepared. If the cold doesn't get them, the animals can. But, it's also beautiful, kid. A blanket of white, deep blue bodies of ice and water, and mountains that reach the clouds. It's quiet, very quiet. Haven't seen much like it."

'Beautiful' sounded strange to Blu coming from Mal, his gruff voice didn't seem to suit the word, but Blu liked his description of it. It really did sound nice, outside of the deadly part.

Mission nodded contently at Dorrick's reply, she walked over to the rack of wooden swords and took one of each in her hands, their weights of them in her grip she was confident that the heavier one would be best and suitable for the purpose she wanted them for. She placed the lighter sword down and took two of the heavier ones to the counter; rummaging in her pocket satchel she placed coin enough to cover the price of the weapons and her smith request with a bit of a tip included.

"I'll probably pop by later before you shut or tomorrow morning, see how it's going. Thank you."

Mission took her merchandise and left the Black Smith, approaching Ludo who noticed her presence and turned to face her out of curiousity. The horse then prepared to be boarded, facing it's side to her. However she tucked the wooden swords under some straps against her Stead before getting upon him. Mission patted the side of his neck beckoning Ludo to proceed forward.

Foxy grinned, "Yey!" She was glad that Esra was just as excited about this as she was, both of them putting their heads together seemed like it was churning out some good ideas. She adjusted the items she was carrying in her grip and looked towards the caravans direction; "Of course, sounds like a plan - lets go." She waits for Esra to lead the way, minding her own strides so that she didn't seem to rush off.

"Pursuing Beauty is a deadly task. The North teaches you that." Ludo creeps into the vicinity of Mal & Blu, Mission on top with blank look on her face, "It's the sort of place that will distract you with it's sights, but as soon as you let your guard down you're gone. There really isn't anything like it." Mission didn't know of Mal too much, and hadn't conversed with him enough to know his history; but his knowledge of the north troubled her - he was similar to particular northerners she had seen before, but never questioned it as to not raise alarms on purpose. She slipped off her horse and looked the Impline, her lips curled into a bit of a smile.

"Why do you look so knackered, it's the morning? Nevermind, tell me how this feels to hold" She quickly held up her finger and backed up towards her horse, a bit of excitement in her step as she took out one of the wooden swords for Blu to take off her, handing it over with the hilt facing him. There was a bit of a glow in her eyes, looking at the boy "How is it?"

Arbonath had a few onlookers and a few actual customers, most of the time he got asked questions about what his trinkets, gadgets and the odd potion does. Which he answers with a little cheek, though he couldn't help that - it's how he was. Right now he sat calmly on his seat, legs up waiting for someone to come by again. He saw someone not too far away, but not close enough to be looking at his merchandise - a female Dwan Elf with pale blue skin, her eyes were drawn away by something else, an almost bewildered look on her face like she was lost. The Dwarf whistled and his birds flew in her direction, buzzing and humming, their lights glowing around her head. Her attention was definitely caught now , her eyes fixated on the birds as they lead her head in the direction of Arbie's stall. She patted over on the balls of her feet, light footed but quick she brought her gaze to the contents of the stall. A grin formed on her face, Arbie spoke and broke the silence.

"What has brought you to my stall? Oh, the birds I suppose." A gruff laugh escapes his beard, "Anything catch your eye, except the birds." He laughs against and slaps his knee, "No, but seriously."

"Well, your purty lil' birds definitely caught my eye - but all this looks really confusin' and unnatural I have no idea where to start love."
Her eyes wandered over everything, a monotone hum coming from her lips. "What 'bout that one?"

Arbonath had to adjust how he sat to see which one the elf was pointing at, his expression becoming one of concentration for a split second. He then looked back at the elf and tilted his head, "One of a kind Creeper Unit, made for tactical uses or ya own needs. Don't think a delicate little elf like you would need something like this. I'll give ya a hand, what do you do- what's ya life?"

"I'll take it... don't be so prejudiced on my looks to know my business."
The elf winks, "I sell lucky charms among other things."

Arbonath was taken by surprise, his posture shifted again - though again he doubted she would want to purchase it as the price was going to be quite high for someone who sells lucky charms - if they managed to sell any at all. However as he was about to speak a very tall hooded figure barged into the elf and forced her to take a sideline from the stall. His voice came out a drone and his business was immediate,

"Show your -other- wares, there is something specific that I need Mr. Dwarf."

The Dwarf hummed for a moment, he did have other wares and they sold pretty well to customers like these. Though with how abrupt the man is, it took him a moment and he glanced at the elf behind with a bit of guilt - she was just behind the hooded figure an expression on her face like she'd seen a ghost, he eyes wide and her head shaking at him. Arbonath became uneasy, but for some reason trusted the elf for this moment.

"D-don't be so prejudiced to know my business."

The hooded man made a noise of distaste and annoyance before leaving, mingling with a nearby crowd and disappearing from sight. The elf took a step forward and let out a breath, "Don't sell to that man if he comes by again." The elf places the exact amount of coin for the device she was seeking to purchase on the counter and takes it, giving it a look - it was quite big in her hands. "My friend'll love this." She quickly left as well.

Arbonath blinked. What? What just happened? "H-hey wait a minute, don't you need me to tell you how it works a-and who was that man??"

"We'll figure it out!"
She was too far gone before she could answer the other question.

He shook his head and took the coin into his hand, how did she know how much it was? He looked at his hand and nodded before falling back into his seat. He did get strange customers at his stall, but that was something else. His feeling of unease came back again, he just hoped that man didn't come back again. The elf... ah well he didn't mind her returning.

Dorrick chuckled and have a short wave to her before she left the building. He grabbed the parchment, hopped down from his seat, and moved as quickly as his legs would allow towards the door and out. Outside he met with a woman who was preparing the forge farthest from the door, giving the familiar figure a smile. She was a dwarf like himself, aged with blonde curls pulled back from her clean-shaven face, her brown eyes squinting from the smile she now wore.

"Marla, dear," Dorrick greeted, an endearing twinkle in his eyes, "We have a special order; A hilt for a sword meant to be made from darkstone." He took the parchment from his stiff hand and gave it to her to look at as she met him away from the forge. "Best work on it sooner than later, don't know how long they'll be around."

"Don't get many people looking for darkstone swords anymore," Marla spoke as she studied the paper, "This shouldn't be hard, already got the forge heated and ready to go."

"Just remember to prepare for the darkstone to be added, might melt the hilt if you aren't careful."

"Ay, I remember, I remember," Marla gave Dorrick a kiss on the cheek and moved back to the forge, "I'll be careful, love, don't worry."

Dorrick chuckled and shifted on his old feet before waddling back to the shop and continuing on with eating and work.

"Mission!" Blu greeted with a tired smile when she made her presence known, though he listened to what she had to say on the matter. His tail twitched for a moment, his thoughts wondering if the north was a bad place before his attention was pulled to Mission again. She handed him a wooden sword, one that was almost as heavy as his father's sword when he took it into his grasp. He turned it around in his hand, his ears twisting in thought after hitting the air, "It feels a little like a real sword."

Amber eyes looked from the sword to mission, some knowing curiosity in them, "Are you going to train me to fight?" He had guessed, not just because of the earlier conversation with Mal. "You're stronger than Papa, right?" A form of guilt strung in his voice, "He was training me, but I hurt his knee. He said it's because he's old, but you're younger than him, so you must be stronger." There was some small chuckle from Mal that caused Blu's ears to flick at the air.

"Now this I want to see," A familiar voice sounded from the caravans. Correll had just exited them, now dressed in his working clothes, his arms crossed along his chest.

"I don't think so, mister," Esra chimed in, smiling at the blond while she approached, Foxy in tow. "You need to continue your own training and stop picking on him." She nudged him out of the way with her boot, shooing Correll away from the caravans.

"Alright, alright, fine," Correll escaped the soft prodding and left them to head to the smithies.

"That was easy," Esra mumbled, given that Correll was usually quite stubborn. "One moment, Foxy," She hopped on to the caravan and brought the fish to her cot, placing them in to a wooden container kept cool with ice magic. She then hurried back out and offered her hands out, "Here, I'll put them up so you don't have to bend too much."

Mircea had left the others to fend for themselves that morning. Though, he had no doubt that they could do well without him for a while. He had a few things to discuss with the way keepers, among other things. He sauntered on, checking the usual places he would find the second keeper to no avail. Instead, he took his last choice, heading towards the healer's tent and letting himself in. She sat at her table, her coin counting coming to a pause as she looked towards the entrance at Mircea, before she continued to count. "Are you already in need again, Mircea?"

"Not for healing, dear sister, I need to know where Leeda's brother is."

The high elf paused again in thought, the soft clink of metal sounding in the silence, "Ah, Tore, he is currently preparing for some unusual guests."

"Unusual? This is Lythrope, don't pull my leg, Melody."

Melody sighed, "It is true. Someone sent word that there may be some barbarians arriving tonight, they're being brought by someone who frequents lythrope. He is quite trusted, like you are."

"Oh," Mircea was surprised, his lips refusing to close for a moment, "Do you know the details?"

"Well, I know a few. They have injured fellows in need, and they've been turned away from the cities near them. Not all of them traveling are barbarians, just the majority."

"But, what if they don't follow the rules? What if they harm someone?"

"Mircea, that is a chance we take every time someone is allowed in. I agreed to let them heal and rest in my area, if they cause more problems than expected I will take responsibility."

"Ah, you and your bleeding heart." Mircea huffed, knowing it was somewhat hypocritical to say. He patted her on the shoulder, "Don't get killed."

Melody stifled a small laugh, "Don't be so judgmental, brother, you were lucky to not be cast out the same way many of them were. The only problems are the differences in culture, which we both know a little of their language. It shouldn't be too much of a problem."

Mircea nodded and left her sister to her work, heading towards the campgrounds to find Tore.

Mission couldn't tell how Blu would take the idea of being trained, though he guessed pretty quickly that it's what she'd be doing and seemed somewhat curious, "I'd like to say I'm pretty confident in my fighting abilities and strength to be able to hold up against a strike from that fake sword. I'm glad you have had some experience already, and yes I was thinking about teaching you how to dance amongst other things... eh... I mean duel."

She had to correct herself in case of confusion, her teacher had always referred to swordplay as a dance and so she picked it up as that as well. Not to be confused with actual dancing, though if the kid wanted to dance then she wouldn't stop him. She folded her arms before talking again, hoping not to seem like she was being a bit of a nag, "Your circumstances are a bit different to most people your age and you will have to learn to defend yourself; however if you want to start today is up to you - just know that I'm only putting it off for today so you can... let it sink in. Oh and we can go hunting if you'd prefer to learn to use a bow." She wondered how far they could stray from Lythrope and if any wild animals strayed within it's boundaries.

Foxy gave Correll a little wave as he sauntered off to the smith to get his practice in, she silently gave her best wishes to the blonde and hoped he'd feel more satisfied with himself today. She followed Esra to the caravan and poked her head through the door before the Sprite could see, already popping the bags of dust through one at a time as her friend dealt with the fish. "No no it's ok I can do it, I'm a fit young lass." She brought her knee up to get a foot on the caravan, trying to push herself through - though either way she twisted her broad shoulder or large chest made it difficult. Eventually she gave up realising she would just cause more of a commotion once she got inside anyway.

"Fine fine, can you manage Es?" Still trying to help Foxy poked her arms through and held the bags up in case the sprite needed an actual hand. With the shopping loaded up Foxy retreated from the entrance of the caravan and straightened her attire, "Esra I'm just going to pop over to see how Arbie is doing, meet you there?"

Before an answer could be uttered she had excitedly rush off to see her favourite dwarf's stall all set up. He had his birds patrolling the area to whisk up any customers that might come within his radius. A flawless tactic. She came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his hairy face, shaking him around. The poor dwarf felt like his noggin was gonna do a poppin. He "tapped out" on her arm with a bit of a struggle to be heard until she finally let go after being pecked on the butt by his hummingbird.

"Dang it woman I swear to god you're going to kill me faster than a goblin sniffin blakkpowder"

Breezing over the comment, she chirped back, "Sold much?"

"Oh, aye the odd thing - it's starting to pick up, I expect a few more later when it's dark. Are ye performin today? If ya are do it in view of me stall"

"I wasn't planning on tonight, but I could if that'll help your sales."

"Ye ye, to help me sales - sure." The dwarf stirred in his seat & grumbled a breath.

"Guess I'll see what happens tonight!"

Arbonath's attention was then swayed away by a customer that approached, inquiring about some of his goods. He stood off his seat and explained to them in detail about his hummingbird's, what they did and the colours he built them to shine in. Foxy stood beside, looking around - she turned back to face the direction of the caravan to see if Esra was coming.

"Ah--I think...for now, can we hunt?" Blu toyed with the wooden sword between his fingers in distraction. His gaze occasionally flicked towards the caravan's tops where a melody was being hummed beneath the growing noise of the morning. "I've never used a bow before to hunt, only traps to catch rabbits." He seemed to gain focus again, though it was only for a moment. He stared at the tops of the caravans, fiddling with the sword, unsure what to make of the weird feeling in his gut.

"Don't mind it, Blu," Mal cut in, obviously observing the kid's reaction, "Bast sings sometimes."

"What is he singing?" Blu inquired, a partial frown on his face, "It sounds familiar."

Mal peeked up at the caravans as he listened for a moment, only coming to shake his head, "You've probably heard him in your sleep is all. I don't think you'd know it."

"It's called The Yellow bird and the Sun," Alter joined in for a moment to answer.

"It makes me feel sick." Blu commented, his brows furrowed.

"Ay, it'll do that," Alter looked back to his work, turning the blade in his hand over and starting to carve a bit, "It's a sad one."

"Sad how?"

"The lyrics are about a bird who grew tired of a long winter and flew into the sun," Alter answered, soon adding, "but, it's really about missing someone so much that you feel like dying. A lot of people sing it when they are missing a loved one or are just homesick, especially soldiers."

"Is it an eastern song?" Blu asked, now looking at Alter who was still focused on his work.

"No, no one really knows where it came from."

Mal took the moment of conversation between the two to move over to the caravans and get Bast's attention, to no avail. He then gave an annoyed grunt and slapped the side of the wagon. There was a startled noise from Bast, a muffled 'Hey!' from inside, and a distinct thud as the silk haired fellow hit the ground. "Why'd you go and do that?" Bast asked as he lifted himself up in to a seated position against the wheel.

"You wouldn't stop singing," Mal answered, though he seemed more annoyed than he should be to Blu.

"Oh, was I? Sorry." Bast seemed genuine with this apology, a hand coming to rub his neck as Mal went back to his seat.

Blu was quiet for a moment, it felt almost unnecessary to scold Bast for singing, but the boy wasn't sure if the song bothered Mal himself or if the man was just being nice. "Um, Bast, are we allowed to hunt here?"

Bast looked up at Blu for a moment as the question processed in his mind before he hopped up onto his feet. "Ya', there's a lot of wooded area inside the boundaries you can use to hunt. Just keep an eye out for the dwanish marks and don't stray passed them. Also, don't shoot anyone."

"Dwanish marks?"

"Yeah, uh-" Bast took a few steps toward him and held out his palm, which Blu hesitantly placed his free hand in. Bast grabbed it and stretched the boy's arm forward a bit before tracing a symbol on to the skin of his wrist. The symbol glimmered under his wrist, the light fading and leaving a dark symbol there. Blu's eyes were wide and he turned to show Mission his arm. "I've got a mark like Bast and Mircea!" Blu seemed somehow excited by this, his tail swishing above the grass.

"Don't worry, It's an incomplete rune so it will fade in a few hours, a day at most," Bast commented, a tired air about him he didn't show often, "The markings look like that, sometimes they have little things added to them, but the base is all the same." He turned on his feet and moved to sit down on the stump next to Mal. "Oh, and be careful when you get to the large rocks near the east of the camp. It surrounds part of a flowing water source, but it's also the only place people can bathe here without lugging water around. You might happen upon a few naked people."

"Oh, I remember the first time I went there." Esra chimed in to the conversation from the caravan's door with a bell-like giggle, "I saw a few familiar faces and more than I ever wanted to see from them. Had no idea there was a social schedule around bathing times here."

Blu tried to stifle his own small laugh, though it failed when he noticed Mal hiding his face in his hands and Bast looking a little disturbed.

"Aw, it's okay, guys, you know you're like my kids."

"That doesn't help." Bast commented.

"It really doesn't." Mal agreed.

"Well, I gotta go meet Foxy, we're doing some shopping today." Esra hopped down from the bridge between wagons and started off, "If I find something good, I'll get it for you!"

"Don't bother!" Bast called after her, though his attention turned to Mal soon after, "Small, but evil."

Blu's head cocked to the side, "Why do you say that?"

"After seeing us naked she didn't let it go for three months and even bought-"

"Don't mention it," Mal interrupted Bast, his expression tired, "She'll only start again."

"Um, alright.." Blu took a few steps away from the two, coming closer to Mission again, "Mission, I'm ready to go if you are.."

Esra was quick on her little feet to meet Foxy at Arbie's stall. She'd taken longer than she expected, restocking her money and trying to get the crystal dust put up with a shaking wagon. Still, it wasn't like they didn't have the time to look, and now that their hands were free they could move together easier. A small hand came to wave at Foxy when she caught sight of her, an easy task even for her, and she scrambled up to the stall. "Hey Foxy, Morning Arb!"

Mircea found Tore setting up a rather large tent with the help of a few other people. He watched the curly, red hair on his head bouncing with each step he took, causing some amusement in the halfling. "Good morning, Tore," Mircea sounded and the dwarf gave a surprised smile.

"Mircea! I heard yer lot was back fer a while," He finished tying off the rope to the tent and came to greet Mircea with a handshake.

"Yes, and I heard there's going to be a few complicated guests around tonight."

"Ah, no doubt you did, Melody bein' yer sister n' all," Tore chuckled a bit," Still don't see how someone so pretty is kin to you."

"Beats me," Mircea smiled, "I need a favor, and in return I may be able to help keep things less complicated with the new visitors."

"I figured," Tore gave a fake frown, "don't usually bother me til you be needin' somethin'."

"I understand that you're a busy man, Tore, I don't like getting in the way."

"Yea' yea'," Tore gave a lopsided, gap-toothed grin under his beard, "I'm messin' with ya'. What d'ya' need?"

"I need to know if there is a way to make it to the elf city faster. We came through the Midland's area."

"I could set ya' up to exit out the Westland's port, but it's still a few days off from the elf city."

"Very well, I'll have to talk to my companions first, but I'll get back to you on that. Now, I can help with the barbarian situation because I know a little of their language, and have someone with me who is fluent in it."

"Ay, we'll be needin' it." Tore scratched his head, "A few of 'em know a little of common, but not much."

"What's the reason behind them coming here?"

"Well, people 'ave been havin' it out for them in the Midlands. They been tryin' to travel from the westlands, dunno' why, an' people been attackin' at the sight of 'em."

"Ah, maybe they can tell us why they're traveling when they arrive. Do you need any help setting up? Bast and I can help, I'll keep an eye on him."

"No, see, this is the last tent. Been workin' since I got word they were comin'. Melody'll probably be needin' your help when they get here, that should be enough."

"Alright, thank you, Tore." Mircea gave him another hand shake before getting out of their way, moving away from the empty campsite and heading back towards the caravans. He arrived minute or two after Esra left, watching her scurry off towards the stalls. Mal and Bast looked uncomfortable, Blu was talking to Mission, and Alter had just started carving Mal's sword.

"Mal, you speak barbarian, right?" the halfling asked as he approached them, rolling a coin between his fingers he'd previously stolen from his sister's stack.

"Nuikk," Mal corrected, "Yeah, I speak most of it."

"Good, we're going to need your help later."

Mission nodded, she actually really enjoyed hunting and using a bow - even if she was mediocre at it compared to her sword & knife play. It was something she could refine as well. Her attention was pulled away for a moment as was other's from the song that was being sung, it was discussed amongst the other's in the vicinity - but Mission kept quiet. The song was familiar to her, and barely keeping silent she mouthed the words along with Bast under her breath. There was a particular man in her old squad that sung the song at dusk when they set up camp - seemed she would be constantly reminded of her past. She snapped back at out it when a thud shook the wood, Mal having a bit of a confrontation with Bast.

"I'll be sure to keep us from the border...and the naked people." It was quite humorous, that the little sprite was exposed to such indecencies since they had a stereotype of being quite innocent - to humans at least, with their childlike figures. She was curious about what Esra bought, she'd ask later for sure. Blu spoke to her,

"Right - Mal, I'm taking a couple bows and a quiver of arrows." She moved to one of the Caravans further down and entered it, emerging a few moments later after getting the equipment she was after. Handing Blu a bow and the quiver of plenty of arrows, she kept one of the bows for herself but no arrows."If we use a bit too many I'll restock tomorrow.... oh, speaking of which - when are you thinking about heading off from this place?" She directed her question to the group, clicking her fingers towards her Horse, Ludo approached her - she took his reins into her hands; waiting for an answer before heading off.

Foxy gave an excited wave back to Esra as she noticed her approaching Arbie's stall, the dwarf replied the the Sprite's greeting after handing over a boxed good to his customer with a satisfied smile, "Morning Esra, seems you two have plans?"

"Yeah we're doing some shopping!"
Foxy's eyes lit up, her voice then became a whisper as if the person's she was talking about were around; she leans slightly closer to the dwarf, "We're getting gifts for Mission & Blu."

"Oooh any ideas?"

"We hope so"
Foxy didn't want to give anything away right now.

"Alright then, will ya both do me a favour?"

She tilts her head in curiosity, but also nods her head.

"Okay, well all I'm looking for really is a few alchemy components - Dried Glowshrooms, Assorted Larvae & Dragon Lily. If possible. But don't go going out of yer own way if it's too much of a hassle, just look out for it would ya. Here take the coin for it, Should be no more than a couple silver pieces - Dragon Lily is a pricey plant."

Arbie holds his hand out, Foxy takes the coin into her hand and pockets it safely. "I saw quite a few stalls that did components, so it shouldn't be too hard to find."

"That's my dear."

"Alright Es! Ready to go?"

Last edited:
"We'll discuss that later, shouldn't be more than a day or two." Mircea answered Mission before she and Blu left the area. He then turned his attention back to Mal and Bast, his hand coming to rub the side of his neck. "We will be needing your help, both of you."

"Why me?" Bast questioned, a single brow raising.

"You know more about magic than any of us. Even if you wont admit it, we've all seen you do something we can't. I don't think they'll be much of a problem, but I'll need you to be prepared if a dangerous situation arises."

Bast sat up fully, his head tilting slightly as he stared at Mircea, "You're afraid."

"Not for myself," Mircea huffed, looking away for a moment, "Tore said that they have injured fellows with them, and Melody is set on helping them. I just worry that there may be a misunderstanding at some point."

"I don't think having Bast around would help much," Mal commented, "He's a pest, yeah? Likes causing trouble, already got something going last night. I know more of them, and they don't tolerate being annoying much from adults."

"Last night was not my fault," Bast said in defense, obvious exhaustion in his tone, "I didn't willingly drink the potion."

"Yeah, well that sort of thing happens a lot around you."

Bast gave an annoyed huff through his teeth, "Whatever, just tell us how to handle them."

"Well, outside of knowing Nuikk, it can get a little complicated. When you meet them for the first time, make sure to keep your distance around the warriors until the leader calls them off."

"Warriors? Like guards?" Mircea's face showed some curiosity. "I thought they were all warriors."

"No, all of them are taught to fight and survive, but warriors are the strongest. They are less likely to become aggressive if you pay attention to how they work. The warriors will always be on the outside of the group unless they are injured too much to walk. Any unarmed person, women unfit for battle, and children are kept safe between the warriors. The leader may also be among them. They always have a leader that the warriors follow the command of, though the leader of that group is chosen by their tribe and are usually mages or their form of scholars. "

"Oh? So, they protect the others. I thought their culture was about not having weaklings."

"--Ah, no, at least not the tribes I knew. When it comes to enemies they may not spare the weak, but with their own they protect them."

"May not?" Bast questioned before Mircea could.

"Yes, you see, at lot of tribes wont kill unarmed women and children unless they are specifically ordered to. Might beat them around a little for being an enemy, but they wont kill them. It's one reason why Mircea may not need you tonight, and another is that healers are quite rare and treasured among them. I would be more worried about her falling for one than her being killed by one."

Mircea scoffed, "Are you sure these are barbarians?"

Mal only gave him a serious look before Bast cut in with another question. "Aren't these people supposed to be huge?"

"Some of them are, yeah, but some of them are halflings, or just a mix breed entirely. So it depends. Don't get me wrong, they are barbarians and caution is definitely needed, but they aren't all bad people."

"Fine. Bast, do whatever you want, just don't provoke them." Mircea waved his hand lazily, "Mal, Please stick with Melody for a bit after they arrive. I'll try to stay..open minded."

"Can do," Mal nodded, watching as Mircea started to leave them again.

Blu followed after Mission, not stopping to listen to the others as they continued to converse. He hung the quiver from his shoulder, listening to the soft ticking of wood as the arrows moved and holding the bow in his hand tightly. There was a slight urge to slap Ludo's leg when the horse's tail flicked him, instead taking the moment to move away from the horse and walk beside Mission. He eased back a bit when they made it away from the main campsite and entered put of the forest. "What are we hunting?"

"Good luck!" Esra smiled at Arbie before moving to Foxy and nodding her head, "Yes, I'm ready. I already know where we can find a journal, so we can start with that first. Oh, there could also be something for Mission here, too!" The sprite grinned and moved onward, only taking a stop when they made it to a building near the smith. Inside was a room filled with a variety of things to buy, from ale flasks to books that lined the back wall in an array of colors. The old woman who stood behind the counter was a human with long silver hair and wrinkled, green eyes. She greeted them with a small smile and a clip from the sheers she held between bony fingers.

"How can I help yeh'?"

"We're just browsing!"

"Let me know if somethin' catches your eye."

Esra nodded and strolled to the wall of books. She took the blank spines and began searching for a journal. There were quite a few empty books, but none that felt quite right. She didn't stop her quick search until she found one that she thought suited a gift, It was teal and embroidered with various designs, even the corners of the paper inside were painted with gold yet still left a lot of room to write. "Foxy, what about this one?"

"Alright" Mission turns and leaves with Ludo, Blu surely in tow. It wasn't long since they were out of the way of the open areas of Lythrope and amongst the flora that surrounded it. As troublesome as it was to guide a horse around the trees, shrubbery and vines; it was terrain that they both enjoyed to be around. Mission noticed the boy move to her side, eyes flicked downwards at him, but she returned her gaze forward in no time. "Whatever we can, areas like these we might find a couple rabbits or a deer; maybe even a Stag. Keep your steps light as possible now."

As they had covered a bit more ground in the Forest, Mission stepped in front of Ludo - giving his nose a pet as she whispered for him to stay here. She left her sword with him and took her dagger and bow. Her body turned to the Impline, and with a flick of her head she beckoned for him to follow her. She didn't take much of a lead, walking beside him - she moved any plants or twigs out of their path that might give away their position.

"So you've caught Rabbits with traps, anything else?"

As she question him, Mission crouches down - something catching her eye in the dirt. Her fingers traced the grass and she brought them up to her face, rubbing her index and thumb together. She looked back down at the tracks. Something got curious here,

"Voice down. Look."

She points at the scuff marks in the dirt, no clear footprints, just parted grass and scratching. Her voice now a silky whisper "Something small, not too sure what yet - but it's been here recently. Ready an arrow." She stands up but keeps her stance low and nimble.

Foxy nodded happily and followed Esra to the shops, more specifically a building near the smith. It was a store of a broad variety, an elderly lady behind the counter - Foxy gave her a fluttery wave and started to have a browse around herself. Looking at the rows of books, but at a higher shelf as Esra scanned below - Foxy's expression become one of concentration as she examined the designs and purposes of each one as not all were blank. Esra then caught her attention, finding something quite suitable - Foxy looks down and takes a closer look at what her friend had picked out. She gently takes it from Esra to flick through the pages,

"It's like... the journal version of Blu! It's so cute." Foxy hands it back to the Sprite, "I think it's the one. I think he'll like it!"

Foxy goes back to looking around, browsing other items that may be of interest to them both and their gift ideas. Foxy hums for a moment before turning on the spot to Esra, "I've been thinking - but I'm a bit torn on it. Do you think Mission would be interested in a ring? Would she get the wrong idea? Is that too forward or weird?" She blabbers on for a moment before stopping to let Esra speak her thoughts.

Blu followed Mission with caution, lowering himself when she did and studying her movements. It was harder for him to move lightly at first, his tail coming to balance him by lowering further. "I caught snakes, to keep them out of the farm," He whispered when she questioned him, but his focus on learning what to do. However, this focus broke when she told him to ready an arrow, his brows scrunching as he whispered, "I don't know how to use a bow."

The little sprite had grabbed beginners herbology and alchemy books, placing them next to her when her attention was pulled away. "Hrm," Esra held the journal she would buy close to her side as she thought, "I don't think it would be weird unless you are actually interested in her. If so, then it might be too soon for a gift like that, but from what I've seen you haven't shown her that you're interested in her so maybe she wont take it that way."

Mission frowned and then turned to face Blu, her brow raised, "Ah yeah." She walked over to the Impline, her hand moving to the quiver to thread two arrows gently from it; handing one of to him and keeping the other for herself. Mission averts her gaze into the distance, her body still facing Blu as she shows him how her posture and grip of the bow is so that he may observe. She knocks the arrows onto it the string of the bow, holding her arm out in front of her, she pulls the other back, the tension of the bow coming in play as the limbs bend and the string expands. The feathers of the arrow sit across from the bottom of her nose so that her eye may aim down the shaft of the arrow.

"Make sure your arrows rests between your fingers on it's string, you'll see a parting at the back of the arrow that the string threads between. Be careful when you pull it, keep your grip tight and don't let go by accident. Archers make it look easy pulling back a bow, but a good one can be quite. Pull it back like this and look at where you are shooting, where the arrow is going and then..." Mission opens her hand up, the string relaxes and launches the arrow forward at high speed, hitting a tree meters away from them.

"Our prey should be far enough away to not be too bothered by our activity, try and hit the same tree. Show me what you got from all that." Mission stands beside the impline, holding her hand out gesturing towards the tree. "There isn't any need to rush."

"Okay, good good - I don't want her looking at me strangely. I just thought it'd be nice and innocent, maybe I overthought."
Foxy blabbers again before zipping her mouth shut, "She wears those metal gauntlets a lot, so I thought a ring might be nice when she isn't - also gives her something to fiddle with right? I mean a ring that could mean something too OR do something? Or has some quirky mechanism... Maybe we should've asked Arbie to make her something!? She's a fighter, she'd probably appreciate if it did something nifty."

She then nods her head repeatedly, "YEah I'm going to look out for something nifty I think, something that screams - I am going to be a troublesome individual." Foxy's attention turned the the elderly lady who looked quite taken aback by her endless chatter. She gave her a smile after a moment however, the Tall woman returned a beaming grin. "If not, then I'll ask Arbie see if he has many ideas."

The boy watched Mission attentively, moving some to get a better view of her posture and taking her advice as she gave it. It was simple enough to understand, but when it became his turn it proved to be harder than it sounds. He held the bow tightly in one hand in a mimicking posture, first struggling to balance the arrow against it, then finding difficulty pulling the string back. Blu tried to test the strength to pull it all away, the tight string barely reaching his nose. Once he steadied the arrow again he aimed it to what he assumed was the direction of the tree and let go. The arrow flew straight at first, but wobbled and fell to hit the side of the trunk and lightly bounce off in to the grass. He huffed, his shoulders slumping to the side with his head before he went to collect the fallen arrow and fiddle with it on his way back. "I want to try again."
Blu did try when he got back to her side, taking up the bow and preparing the arrow. He managed to pull it back further this time, though his aim suffered some from the struggle. The arrow grazed the side of the tree as if it would fly by, but got stuck in the sturdy bark. His brow's scrunched as he lowered the bow huffing through his teeth.

"Oh, that's a good idea!" Esra smiled, taking a few more books to her side. "I think we should probably see if Arbie will make her something, so it's uniquely hers, but I'm never opposed to looking at jewelry, especially jewelry with benefits." She waddled towards the counter with the books in hand, the weight of them shifting her usual walk. The sprite then lifted the books onto the wooden counter and spoke to the elder behind it. "Can you price these for me? I'll also take any parchment and coal sticks or ink you have." The two had a short exchange about prices for the supplies before she rummaged through her coin pouch and brought out a few gold pieces to pay for it all. After buying them she put them in the somewhat large leather bag hung from her shoulder and turned to Foxy. "The smith may know where to buy jewelry if someone is selling any this time around."

"Where do you think he's going now?" Bast asked Mal, his eyes still focused on the long figure slinking away towards the large tents.

"Probably to get a drink, hasn't had a moment to relax since he got here." Mal grumbled, his brow raising in accusation.

"Right," Bast looked at the dead fire, a bored expression coming over him before a bleat caught his attention. Petunia slowly clomped to his side and stuck her head against him, her mouth waving as she tried to nibble at his sash. He nudged her away with a hand, coming to pat her side, "Fatty, I already fed you."

"The kid's growing you know." Mal commented after a moment of watching Bast and Petunia pester each other, "He woke up a few times last night with pain."

"I noticed he'd grown some, but it's not a very significant amount. Wait- You stayed in their wagon all night? Where did Correll sleep?"

"He used the spare since," Mal's eyes shifted as he struggled to remember, "whats-her-face- Mission, wasn't here. Still, it's fast growth if you think about it."

Alter cleared his throat, catching both of their attentions. He stood near them, talking while moving his hands about, "I've finished the carvings, just remember to use yellow crystals to recharge them. Also, it's normal for my kind to grow quickly when we start hitting adolescence. It isn't until near the end of adolescence that our growing slows and eventually stops."

"That's normal stages of life. You grow so quickly?" Mal inquired.

"Like weeds we are," Alter spoke with an amused smile, though there was some seriousness behind it, "Though, if he has started growing quickly it also means the rough times are approaching fast. It wont last the entirety of adolescence, just the beginning."

"We're in for some fun then," Bast chuckled in his throat.

"Hopefully we can guide him well," Mal spoke, worry lingering in his serious expression.

"Well, I don't know about that one," Alter lazily pointed towards Bast," But the rest of you seem like decent people. Just remember, you can teach him all you want, but it's up to him to listen in the end."

"How wise," Bast muttered with mocking amusement.

"Do you have experience with children?" Mal asked curiously.

Alter shifted on his feet, his tail waving behind him, "My brother has many children. I've helped raise a few while he was caring for the clan. It isn't unusual where I am from. Falma is one, though I was raised beside her."

"The clan? You're the leader's son, then?"

"Ay, sort of. Our father passed a few years ago, leaving my brother as the head."

"I see, that doesn't bother you?"

"If something happened to my brother, I would take the responsibility, but I dearly hope that doesn't happen. I travel and work to bring more money in, taking a cut of it as needed."

Bast's eyes squinted, "Clan? like barbarians do, or a noble family?"

"Something like both. Our communities have more than one clan, and the heads work together to take care of the people living within their reach. However, our names don't carry as much weight as your 'nobles' do. Clan heads can easily be changed by majority vote, even if they don't carry a family name. You swear yourself in to a clan when you reach adolescence."

"Do all impline communities work like this?"

"No," both Mal and Alter answered.

Alter smiled, "I believe it only applies to my community. Dragon tooth canyon is home to the largest known community of eastern implines, so a system is needed. I can't speak for outside communities in the east or otherwise."

Bast nodded as if to say he understood, and Mal rubbed the stubble on his face as he spoke, "Mircea just left, but you don't have to stick around waiting for him. We wont be leaving tonight, so you can come back later for your payment. I'm sure he'll want to test the others."

Alter seemed hesitant, his brow raising, "Alright, but I wont be far."

"That a promise?" Bast snickered, causing Alter to roll his eyes and walk off towards the tents after grabbing his tools.

"Why do you always do that?" Mal inquired, somewhat annoyed.

"Why not?"

Mal didn't bother continuing, getting up to move the weapons in to the caravans.

Mission observed the boy as he took his turn to fire his bow, she could tell he was trying at least - his posture mimicking hers as he had seen, which was a good start. He was also trying, putting his effort into the objective at hand - earning him some respect from her and a little gratitude. She let out a little laugh at his two attempts, but not to ridicule him - it was just amusing watching someone do something for the first time, gives them a memory to look back on when they're better. Mission had plenty of memories like that. The boy let out a huff and lowered his bow, she raised her eyebrow at him and her mouth flicked up into a little lopsided smirk.

"It's okay, the first few shots are luck for everyone - you'll refine the technique into a skill and luck won't be much of a factor."

She strolls over to the target tree and took the arrow from it, bring the arrowhead up so she may observe it - it was okay for another shot. She walked back over to the boy and stood facing his back, her posture matching his as her arms moved around him and her wrists guided his limbs. Blu was her puppet for a moment, though he still retained function in himself. She raised his bow arm again and passed arrow with her other hand into his other hand. Her head came to his height and aimed down his extended arm.

"Relax & concentrate, your surroundings are nothing - only your target matters. Where that arrow is going is where your eye is looking, do not look at the tip of the arrow as tempting as it is to see it loose. Always fixate on the prey, the kill. Steady your breathing."

Mission breaths through her nose and out her mouth, to help sync the boys. Her chest pressed against his back as she beckons his bowstring hand to pull and create a tension. She hold his hand tightly and gives him support, bringing the string back a comfortable and powerful distance.

"Remember how far this string comes back here on your body and repeat for next time, you'll get the hang of it - don't be afraid to pull hard, the bow can take it, it's made for this."

She adjusts his bow arm, keeping his arrow hand steady - aiming at the tree.

"And release"

The commanding whisper peeled her fingers from his and the arrow was forced to release, it fired and hit the tree's trunk near enough to it's center.

"Good."

The Black hound steps back away from the boy, admiring their teamwork.

"Ready another arrow and follow me, before I lose the scent."

Mission walks over to the tree again and takes the arrow from it's trunk, she'd use this one - even when slightly damaged. She moved passed the target tree and others, looking down at the ground, stepping around what seemed to be invisible obstacles, but upon close inspection there was a ruckus of tracks which got more and more active as they went along. She then dips down low and parts some bushes, her expression of some sort of thrill became dull and annoyed.

"Ah shit. Rabbit hole, they returned here, could be in any direction from here now."

She remained crouched for a moment, it looked like she was scanning around for any other signs. But she was thinking, deducting, analysing how their escaped prey may have gotten away. The hound's ear twitched and her head snapped towards Blu, looking passed him. She quickly slid over, crouched down, a finger pressed against the boy's lips incase he interjected in anyway. She beckoned his sight over to where she looked, between branches, shrubs and other flora a figure, quite large in stature and on the move.

"Blu, maybe someone is on our side today - a Mossy Stag. Antler's Matured, Purple 'shrooms growin on em." The Stag strutted through the shrubs and passed the trees, a prideful posture and a large ornament on it's head. Green Dew stuck to them with glowing purple mushrooms adorned upon it. A similar purple glow emanated through the cracks of the antlers all the way to where they met the Stag's head.

"Doesn't surprise me that we found one around here, they're quite frequent - those spores could come in use for us. Take aim."

Mission stood up and readied her bow and arrow too, already aiming down the line of sight they had - about 20 meters in distance. Though her eyes moved to Blu, observing what he'd do next time.

"Fire when you're ready, don't worry - I'm ready too, just in case it bolts." She flashes him a smile, hopefully to calm him and keep his head steady - she didn't want to pressure the boy.

Foxy grinned, she knew it was a good idea - she had a bit more confidence now about it all. She watched Esra deal with her transaction and looked around some more, taking a glass vial into her hand she looked at it closely - it was pretty. Zoning out for a moment, the sprite came back and snapped her back into the room. Foxy almost dropped the glass, almost. She caught it and placed it back in a hurry, keeping together as she was addressed again.

"Well lets ask him then! Is there anything you need off the smith as well?"

Foxy opened the door for Esra and followed her out - ducking underneath the door-frame, the Smithy was nearby so they were there in a matter of Moments, the tall human took the lead this time. Looking around outside the blacksmith for activity and if there wasn't any, would poke her head through the door after knocking.

"Can anyone help us locate a store that sells unique jewellery?"

The Dwan Elf skipped through Lythrope like there was no care in her world, a package under her arm brought from the tinkerer Arbonath and a smile on her face as her business amused her. She had gone the long way around, but that was for a reason - there was a perfect moment she had to meet the individual she intended to meet and it was around now. This individual didn't really know that he was going to meet her. She stood amongst the tents, but in a place he would see her - she stood out. Her clothes covered not too much of her and had a lot of trinkets hanging from what it could. Similar to those that she sold to the Black Hound. Her hand stuck up into the air when he approached. She knew exactly where to stand. Somehow.

"Alter? Is it? I need your services."

The elf grinned a beaming smile at the Impline as he left the caravans of other company and towards the tents.

"May I walk with you as I explain?"

Blu took a moment to recuperate after Mission helped him, his free hand scratching at the back of his head as she retrieved the arrow. It had to be because he wasn't used to her being close without being dragged somewhere, he couldn't think of anything else. His fingers fumbled for another arrow before he followed after her quietly. It wasn't too difficult to do so. Mission was attentive about where she stepped and he followed her movements carefully. Around them, the forest was all but quiet. Birds sung and chirped from their posts, a summer breeze made the trees dance together in crisp harmony; the two seemed to blend with it until Mission spoke again. The rabbit tracks they were following were scattered at the burrow, not uncommon for the busy animals. He stood near her when she lowered and watched for what she was going to do next, only to be taken by some surprise. Mission moved from one side of him to another, quieting him with a finger before he could question the change of direction.
Ahead of them was an animal he'd only seen from the roof of the old cottage, or when his father would hunt for meat. His ears shifted with his thoughts. He didn't actually want to shoot the stag, but they do need the meat for travel. Don't they? As he hesitated, Mission had already readied her arrow. The boy gave her a glance when she spoke to him again, his head coming to nod slowly in response. He lifted the bow, trying to put to use what he'd been taught. However, the bow shook some in his grasp when he pulled the string back, still struggling to find the strength to keep it back and steady enough to aim properly. After trying to shakily aim it, his fingers slipped from the string and let loose the arrow. It shot towards the deer, but barely scraped the fur on its back when Blu heard Mission's own arrow go.

Reaching the smith, Esra kept close behind Foxy, at least close enough that her friend's feet couldn't hit her. Correll was heating his forge near the entrance, the usual grumpy expression bore in to his young features. Esra sighed. He's going to look fifty before he is thirty if he keeps that scowl up all the time. She tried to think of when he didn't look grumpy. Perhaps while asleep, but sometimes even then. She moved on, not wanting to disturb him from getting in to a working mood.

"Ay, ya' looking for jewelry?" Dorrick voiced, though his short figure was no where to be seen. Esra peeked between Foxy's legs from behind her just as Dorrick emerged from the cracked door at the back of the store. He shuffled to the counter and started what sounded like rummaging in search of something before he came back around, eyes fixated on a cut of parchment while he limped closer. "Should be a woman selling 'em still around- comes and goes as she pleases. If she is here, she'll be in a tent that looks like this. Too risky to have jewels laying out, even here." He showed them the parchment, a tent drawn on it that was colored with green and brown ink, a distinct bird symbol drawn on the side. "Don't enter anywhere but the door, got the place enchanted with somethin'. Last time it was fire, set some guy's arse alight." The old dwarf chuckled to himself.

"Thank you, Dorrick!" Esra said from behind and slightly under Foxy, catching the Dwarf by surprise as he finally looked down from the parchment to see the sprite, his chuckle turning into a cough. She removed herself and hopped excitedly back down the stairs, "C'mon, Foxy! We can bring the drawing back if you want to take it." The bag at her side slapped against her leg and she nearly fell, quickly regaining her posture, "I've never been to a jeweller here!" Esra wasn't worried about moving too far ahead, knowing her companion could keep up, or catch up quickly. Her red eyes searched around the premises as she walked towards the tents. The grounds were starting to have more life as more people began their day, some going straight to grabbing drinks again. Mircea was one that Esra could see, sitting in a tavern tent with tankard in hand and talking to a unfamiliar figure sitting across from him. He gave them a short wave when he noticed them.

The sprite continued on towards the tents, keeping an eye peeled for one that matched the drawing. When she did find it nestled between dull red and blu tents, she rushed forward, beckoning Foxy, though she wasn't sure if her friend had followed fully, her excitement getting the better of her. Esra slowed when she got closer, looking at the tent in confusion. It was the same tent, but it looked much larger up close. She hesitated for a moment before entering through the draping fabric covering a large doorway.

"AhCGH, a customer!" A rather harsh voice gave the sprite a small shock, she looked up to see a bird perched on the counter, craning over her as it moved its head from side to side. It cawed and started to bounce across the counter, repeating loudly, "A customer! A customer!" Its deep purple and gold feathers rustled and raised as it hopped, its talons tapping against the wood. Esra was too distracted by the bird to notice a figure had partially emerged from behind one of the shelves, peering at the two with part of his body still hidden behind the wood.

"The madam is not here right now."

Esra flinched some at the sudden voice, quickly catching where it came from. The male stood little too still for her comfort and almost hunched, she felt as though he might try to hide if she got closer. "W-..Who.."

"She left to buy food. I'm to watch her shop, but I can't touch anything."

"Useless! AUGCCK" The bird sounded.

Esra stifled a laugh by clearing her throat, "When will she be back?"

"Now."

The sprite had obvious confusion on her expression before a feminine voice chimed from behind them.

"My dears, may I enter my shop? Are you customers?"

"A customer! A customer!" The bird gave another caw.

"Ay! What is it you need done?" Alter gave a welcoming, lopsided smile, his hand tightening around the strap to his tools at the prospect of work. He slowed when he reached her, but continued to walk.

Mission could see the struggle in the boy to use the bow, but he was learning and she could not blame him - an assignment like this so early was going to be a massive test for even experienced archers. He shot his arrow and so did Mission - flicking her head and moving her bow slightly forward compensation, not waiting to see the outcome of his shot; she'd know it from the aftermath. It was to secure the kill and stop the Stag bolting. Mission observed as her student's arrow missed, causing the Stag to let out a fearful noise - rearing up messing up the location of where Mission's arrow was to go and hit the neck of the Stag with some force. It made the creature flinch and almost topple, but it remained upright. The Black Hound acted quick, grabbing another arrow quickly from Blu's back - the Stag began to move, sprint - it was fast and Mission knew she wasn't going to make it.

Suddenly the creature buckled to the ground before it could get to full speed. She tilted her head confused, but didn't let it play on her mind for too long running towards the creature with some speed - just in case it decided to get back up she took out her dagger. She vaulted over a small rock, her feet slamming on the ground near the downed prey with armed hands raised above her head.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! NO! NO DON'T KILL GUILTY!"

Mission stopped, her expression confused, her eyes blinked at what she saw below her. She spoke, her voice calm with a little high pitched twang, "Uhm. What?"

"Guilty Is Goblin not Stag! Stag fall in Guilty TRAP!"

"I don't care if you're Guilty about Trapping the Stag Goblin, but that is our hunt - the arrow belongs to the boy back there."
Mission wondered if Blu had approached, but didn't take her gaze off the Goblin in case it tried anything.

"No Stupid Woman, Guilty is name! Stag is MINE! I Got it, Without ME It RUN!"

Mission observed the Stag, it had given up and was bleeding out - finding it hard to breath laying there. It was suffering. Mission felt horrible, a traumatic memory shot into her mind. She raised her dagger quickly and moved to strike in front of her. The Goblin screamed and Darted to the side, but Mission's target was the Stag - plunging her blade into it's heart.

"NO STAG HEART IS GOOD TREAT NO, STUPID HUMAN!"

Mission stood up, muttering to herself as she cleaned her dagger. She turned her attention to the Goblin.

"How about we share the Stag? If not for us the creature would not have run into your tripwire."

"Hmmm."
The goblin cupped it's chin. "Nope, My Stag - Guilty was next to it FIRST!"

"Look you little green bastard, how about you be a proper sportsman and share the hunter's reward?"

"Guilty is Woman."

"Sportswoman then."

"Guilty don't care about Sport, Guilty care about surviving!"

Mission pointed her dagger at the Goblin.

"Human need no say anymore, I take antlers."

"One Antler."

"One Antler is for Guilty yes thanks to the nice Human."

"Blu, are you okay?"

Mission spoke out as she looked at the Stag, it's cracked Antlers still pulsating with magic. The Goblin trotted over to it and starting rummaging in it's sack, pulling out a crude tool that it began sawing away at the Antler with. If Blu had followed Mission and witnessed the altercation, a Frog would land onto his head from the Tree above - making a loud croak as it sat on his hair.

"Thank you very much Dorrick!" Foxy didn't feel the need to take the parchment, she knew how bright Esra was and would remember the picture - especially since it was in her sights. The Tall Woman followed her Sprite friend; she was excited and Foxy could tell, though she was small and Foxy was tall capable of long strides, the Sprite was making it hard for her to keep up being small and fitting through tight gaps or people or areas. Though luckily seeing Mircea slowed her, so that she could wave at him - which she also joined in on doing, he looked like he was fine. They found the tent soon after thanks to Esra. Foxy pushed the Fabric draping from the doorway aside as she passed through and into the store.

Foxy got immediately distracted by the bird, even with the presence of another person in the store - she didn't notice how creepy he was and she let Esra deal with the conversation part as her mind drifted off to give it's full attention to the bird. Foxy raised her arm up, her finger stuck out as she tried to grab it's attention, making noises and whistles at it to try and get it to come to her. She muttered "birdy" to herself.

Though the sudden appearance of yet another figure from behind caught her attention, a sneak up was always surprising. Her head snapped towards the doorway, her arm still raised as she shuffled out of the way realising the woman wanted to get in and run her store.

"Yes we are indeed customers."

Foxy's arm still remained up even though she addressed and looked at the Woman.

"Looking for Jewellery, maybe a ring for a specific person; someone new to our group we want to feel welcome. She's kind of dark and brooding, a hard exterior, though I believe she's sweet on the inside. Soldier turned Mercenary, proper tragic person, she can't help it comes with the cliches." Foxy spoke too much.

The Dwan Elf grinned, walking beside the Impline, "Aah, you don't have to work your magic today Cutey. The services I require off you are a bit different, and nothing like what Mission had wanted from you last night." The idea was for her to grab a bit more of his attention, not to embarrass him - that just might come free with the purchase. "Speaking of which, she's gonna want to tent up with you again tonight I bet. I need you to do me a favour, keep it in your pants? Sorry, but she can't join you tonight. You're going to have a visitor."

The Dwan Elf realised that this was all going to be a bit strange to the Impline, but she needed to be clear. Her demeanour changed for a moment, the happy-go-lucky elf disappeared and a serious preacher came through,

"Look, as dandy and whimsical as this conversation is - your night is going to get MUCH weirder. You'll be visited by a really bad man, you need to remain calm and just talk to him - if you talk to him, you'll be fine and you must be alone - if you react badly or Mission is with you it's going to go wrong and tonight could end up being... a disaster. Right... where was I? "

She pondered a moment, probably not the best moment.

"Ah yes, it's just a conversation - you have to answer everything. Ah I made it sound like an examination; Don't worry, it's more listening and if you are asked any questions you'll know the answer to them. Then... he'll leave. This is Lythrope after-all and even the baddest of us don't want to be kicked from this place, it's too much a location of potential. Finally, you can tell no one of this conversation. Hmm, well I guess you can I can't stop you; just don't."

Her tone switches back to a sweet elf, without a care in the world, "Okay? I'm sure you have LOTS of Questions."

Blu followed Mission as she tailed the stag for a moment, only to stop at her side when she came to a halt. She was prepared to finish the animal when a shrill voice belted out at her and caused him to flinch. He took a step back in confusion and surprise, the green creature being all too unfamiliar to him. He'd never seen anything like it- her, as she corrected Mission. The way she spoke and handled herself reminded him of some kind of wild thing, her presence enough to distract him from their debate until Mission addressed him.

"Y-yeah," Blu looked away from Guilty once she started sawing off the dead stag's antlers, his attention being caught by a frog that decided to land on his head. He lifted his hands and took the frog into them so he could bring it down to eye level as he inched closer to Mission. "What is a goblin?" He whispered to her, still holding the frog though he was now looking at Guilty.

Esra giggled at Foxy's description of Mission. Although true, it wasn't something most would openly say about a companion. However, the Madam only gave the two a smile as she walked passed them to reach the back of the counter. Between the candle at the counter and the sunlight dimmed from the tent, it wasn't too difficult to make out what she looked like. She was a high elf taller than Mircea, her skin a dark brown and her hair styled back against her head with metal. The silver color of her eyes stood from the darker tones, reminding Esra of a untouched blade. She sighed in her mind, always a little envious of High elves and their ability to be beautiful without trying. Not to mention the little sprite was yet again the smallest person around, the awkward figure from the shelves being second in line on that account. Though, Esra couldn't see him as well in the shadows.

"That's quite the companion," The Madam smiled again at Foxy, "I may have a few jewels to fit. Just a moment." The way she moved was familiar to Esra, she'd seen that form of slow grace often among the wealthy and noble. It was a little out of place for lythrope. She watched as the Madam gathered and gently placed jewelry on to a pillowed tray.

"Do you often come to Lythrope? I don't think I've ever seen your shop before today." Esra inquired.

"Not usually, I come and go when the sales allow it yet Lythrope is not often on my list. Not many here want to pay for jewelry. It may not look this way, but I'll actually be leaving before night fall."

"Aw, so soon? I was hoping I could browse tomorrow."

The Madam chuckled some, "I'm sorry, dear, but I simply must stay on schedule. "

The madam paused to let them see the examples she had set out. There were several rings, two sets of earrings, two bracelets, and three necklaces. Each of them was different from the other, some even having runes engraved onto them on the inside. "These are the more simple ones of my collection. The rings are made for those who wield weapons often, but can easily pass as elegant accessories. Ah-," She picked out a silver ring with a red gem embedded into it, lifting it from the counter to show them, "Some are augmented, like this ring of fire. The runes are put on the inside to not clutter the design, the gem is one from Nevenir."

"Desert ruber," Esra added, "They aren't rubies, but in the same family. Magic can flow through them almost like crystals. I can see why they'd be used for a ring of fire."

"Exactly, dear," The Madam looked impressed, her brows raising some with her kind smile, "They enhance the power."

Esra nodded and tried to see the jewelry, but the counter was taller than her even on her toes. It was a subtle thing, not something the Madam took notice of at first.

"She can't see them," the weak voice from the before spoke up again, causing the sprite to flinch. She'd forgotten about his presence, oddly enough, and when she turned to look at him again he'd gotten closer. At least, close enough that Esra could see some of him. He looked almost gaunt, his hair in disarray as if someone tried to cut it in the dark, his eyes large and seemed like they lacked pupils. "Can I help?"

"Caven, don't frighten my customers," The Madam softly scolded, a hand coming to tap the counter near the bird, "Why don't you grab a stool for the miss?" The human, Caven, nodded a few times before leaving them to go grab a stool. The Madam sighed, "I'm sorry, dears, I'm sure he means well."

"H-...Is he blind?" Esra asked, forgetting her manners for a moment.

"I don't believe so, but he is a stray I picked up a month ago. I don't know much about him." She responded to Esra as she moved the bird on to a wooden perch just barely away from the counter.

"Yet, you let him watch your shop?"

"If he wanted to steal from me, he would have the first few times I lent him a mat to sleep on. I like to think I'm a good judge of character when it comes to greed. Unfortunately, the boy isn't very useful outside of watching the shop while I'm gone, and his behavior doesn't help attract customers." A glint of guilt crossed over her features before she smiled again, "Apologies, I'm getting off course. If you would like to look at more pieces, I have plenty in stock."

Just as the Madam started preparing to show them more Jewelry, Caven returned with a stool in hand. He placed it on the covered ground next to Esra and stepped away from them, slinking back to the shelves.

"Thank you," Esra said with some quietness to her tone, but Caven only nodded and looked away. She climbed on to the wooden stool and could finally see what the Madam had set out for them. They really were elegant yet simple, though a few did hold unique engravings. Her eyes were first caught on a set of earrings that looked like red crystals, something she probably would have bought for herself at one point. "hmm. Do you see anything you want to get her, Foxy?"

Alter's brows became uneven as the dwan elf rambled on, his lips forming a thin line. He almost stopped walking for a moment, his tail flicking at the air below him when he huffed, "Basically, don't spend the night with Mission, answer questions from a dangerous stranger, and don't tell anyone about this entire ordeal. Got it." Confusion mingled with slight annoyance on his features from being unable to get a word in until she finished. "This isn't the first time I've had a situation like this. So, Is there any point in asking more questions? People don't usually answer."

Guilty's large ear twitched, but she continued to saw at the antler. Mission's head cocked towards the Impline who had gotten closer to her, a question like that was quite innocent - but also quite tragic. The boy really hadn't been out much. Her head flinched back as she noticed the green amphibian in his hands, where the hell did he get that from?

"Uh A Goblin is.... Blu where did you get that?"

"BRUTUS!"
The Goblin interrupted with a shout and moved over to Blu quickly, leaping up and snatching the Frog from his hands, taking it into hers she shuffles back over to the Stag, placing the Frog upon it's face. Mission closer to Blu, taking his hands into hers, she checked over his palms. They looked fine, she let them drop and ruffled his hair.

"Goblin's are small beings, usually cave-dwellers and stick together in groups. They get a bad rep... uh..."

"Guilty is not BAD Goblin! Goblin are not ALL BAD EITHER."

Mission turned her head, ironically a bit of guilt on her face - though she was a little defensive, "I didn't say that. You lot are just stereo-typically known for raiding small villagers and causing problems for the Dwarven Miners and Cities."

"S'pose."

Mission remembered the Northern Goblin tribes helping her movement into the Northern Impline tribes, the Goblins there were more than happy to help eject their land competitors for any loot and so she had worked pretty close to large groups of them. She never trusted them, rations and weapons always went missing when they camped nearby. She let out a sigh. Thinking about this again.

"There is good and bad in every race Blu, never forget that. Sometimes people lose sight of that reality."

The Goblin had finished with the Antler and shoved it into it's sack along with the equipment; the Frog jumped up onto her hair, it's foot flicking against her ear momentarily. "Guilty never seen Blue Demon before either!"

"Ah, pay no mind to that Blu - Goblins always refer to Implines as Demons. It's not an insult, more a compliment really."

"Yes yes, Empleene. Guilty twenty six cousin told about Blue Demons! Crazy Glowing EYEBALLS and Massive TEETH Big Enough to bite the head off Dragon! Broke Claws and stomping feetsies tramping on Goblin land through snow and Ice with Blue Demon Symbol MAGICKS!"

"Sounds a bit far fetched."

"Weeell Yes Goblin scared of everything. Coward tell BIG STORY From little eventsies."

"Blu has not seen much of the outside world, so you're a bit of a sight to him."

"Ah. Hidden, Human King made bad name of you. Guilty understand. You ask Guilty any Question!"

Mission whistles sharply as the attention of Guilty is now on Blu, she walks passed the Goblin and stands beside the Stag, observing it she snaps the arrow in two pieces, leaving the head within the prey for now. She'd deal with it more cleanly later. It took a few moments but Ludo came trotting through the trees and approached Mission.

"Sorry Buddy." She mutters as she hauls the kill over the back of the Horse, using rope and a sturdy branch to lift and gently place the Stag upon his back.

Foxy nodded, watching the woman carefully as she moved with grace to show her products to them both. She gave up holding her hand up, realising the bird wouldn't come near her - instead she was now watching the woman carefully as she lay out the jewellery in front of them. As Esra conversed with the lady, Foxy's lips puckered as she was curiously intrigued by what she was seeing. They were all quite pretty. The red one was pointed out and explained, a little background on the ring made Foxy "ooh" without much control.

The mysterious man approached and Foxy finally realised his presence a bit more clearly, scanning over him she blinked a few times. Her expression became nice though, a beaming gin and a flutery wave was shot his way. She was always intrigued by people... or anything really. Foxy felt warmth when the woman explained Caven's situation to them, she also felt a bit of guilt after not realising that Esra needed a hand to view some of the products.

"That is very nice of you miss. Oh and sorry Es, I got distracted. "
Though the issue was resolved when Caven returned with a stool, allowing her friend to take a look as well. "Well I like the Ring that's for sure, I think it's a good idea because of her sword thingies. The fire magic she does and stuff, it would be pretty consistent! Though we can see what else the nice lady has to show us."

Oh?
The Dwan Elf stopped in front of Alter, facing him with her arms crossed in a bit of a huff, "Well aren't you a spoilsport? I'm not going to not answer your questions, I expected like - lots - I was totally prepared for you to freak out, but you're proper calm and coolheaded. Kind of curious on your previous encounters like this and what unnecessarily cryptic so-and-so decided to not answer your questions. But alas, it is none of my business, I have asked a lot of you today. Oh and... don't try to avoid this, there will be dire consequences yada-yada. Literally though."

The Elf didn't really have much to go with now, the Impline sort of shut her down keeping his act together. Which was quite impressive. She hopped out of his way, her hands spread out by her sides quite childlike in demeanour.

"Last chance to ask me anythiiiing."

The boy was quiet as Mission and Guilty spoke to one another. His confusion about northern implines and goblins only deepened from the exchange, his brows furrowing in concern. So far, he hadn't formed much of an idea of what they were like. However, his expression softened as the talk turned back over to him.

"U-um, okay," Blu fiddled with the bow while he shifted on his feet, "Goblins live in mountains, where? Where are you from, Guilty? Ah- why is your name Guilty? It seems like a sad name." The impline seemed a little nervous, but it didn't stop his curiosity. He also wondered why Esra hadn't told him of goblins before. Did she forget them?

"I agree," Esra smiled, resting her chin on the back of her hands as she looked over the items on the counter. "What does that one do?" She inquired, nodding her head in the direction of a ring next to the ring of fire.

"Ah," The Madam picked up the ring and held it between her fingers. It had a similar design to the others, though this one had a line of suns decorating the outside of it, small red and white crystals embedded at their centers, "This is brother to the Ring of Fire- Made by the same man, using the remnants of the desert ruber. So named Fire Eater, it absorbs fire be it natural or conjured, and can spew it back if released. It is a learning process, but still quite useful."

"oo," Esra seemed enchanted by the idea, "Foxy, what if we get them both? You can get one and I'll buy the other?"

Alter stopped when the dwan elf did, his curiosity winning over his better judgment with a huff. "Okay, what do you have to do with this man?"

Guilty tried to be as understanding as possible with the questions Blu asked, and not to be taken aback - she still managed to be taken aback. She registered the questions for a moment before answering them, she injected some excitement into her answers and dramatic Goblin over-the-topness.

"WELL! In the Mountains we live anywhere and everywhere! Goblins like dark cave and hole! There are so many Goblin tribe that I would not be able to count on my itsy fingeys." Guilty began to fake count on her fingers for a moment.

"Guilty from west, poor tribe stuck in cave near human settlement. We forced to leave, Guilty alone, but Kenku saved me!." It was easily noticeable that the Goblin's ears drooped low for a moment, a smear of sadness reminded Guilty of something tragic in her past - but she soon perked up again.

"Guilty Mummy call Guilty Guilty, Guilty no sad! Guilty of happy!" The Goblin giggles confidently at the usage of her own name as a pun, like she's been asked a similar thing before. Her laughs were soon interrupted by the Woman who was patiently watching

"Okay Blu, we should head back - I don't want to fatigue Ludo." Mission began to walk away, pulling on her horse's reigns. She raised her hand at the Goblin.

Guilty pouts at the back of Mission, a suspicious look on her face - though it goes away when she looks at Blu, a whisper comes out her mouth, "I see Blu later. BYE BYE." The Goblin scurries off, waving at Blu as she disappears into the trees.

"You okay boy?" Mission addresses him.

"I love them! It's a great idea, we're going to turn that woman into an UNSTOPPABLE warrior!" Foxy with some self control thought it might be best if they stopped there, they had found what they were looking for really and if she saw anymore she just might be tempted to buy everything thrown at her. She turned her attention from the rings back to the Madam, "How much for the two please?"

The Dwan Elf's grin thinned and widened. "Oh absolutely nothing my dear. I've never met him myself, don't really want to unless he was deader than a door-nail.... Ah - sorry, remember not to worry, you'll be fine."

"Good bye, Guilty," Blu waved back to the goblin before Mission addressed him. His attention flicked back to her and he moved to be at her side, "Yes, I'm okay." He stuck by her and Ludo while they continued, looking at the forest around them to avoid staring at the dead stag. "Um, Mission," Blu spoke up again after a few minutes of silence, "Did you ever know a northern impline? Aside from me, I mean."

Esra giggled at Foxy's excitement. She was also glad they could decide on something, and fairly quickly, too. The Madam smiled gently as she took a few seconds to think, "Well, each is worth at least ten gold pieces, but because you are buying them as a set, and you've been refreshing customers, I'll give you a discount. I think I can settle on eight gold pieces and five silver for the set."

"So, Four gold pieces each, then," Esra nodded and began searching through her pouch for the exact amount. She placed the gold pieces on the counter when she finished.

"Right, I'll be fine." Alter's brows scrunched slightly as he moved passed her, his tail flicking at the grass. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of mess he'd gotten in to this time. "If you're done, I've got things to do."

Mission lead Ludo through the forest, noticing the Impline move next to her she flicked her eyes down towards him - content that he was beside her now. Feeling slightly oddly relaxed, an emotion she didn't really expect to surface. Then he spoke, a question she didn't really want to answer.

"Blu, I have met many Northern Implines. a long time ago I spent a long time in the north at one point, it wasn't my best memories - the cold doesn't suit me." She told a half lie, exaggerating how long ago it was that she spent her campaign in the north. "Your people were a respectable bunch that didn't deserve what happened to them. My sword was forged by your people."

Foxy nodded and paid her half and the silver as well. Placing it beside the rest of the money, her plan finally came together without much fuss or consequence. She remembered going shopping in the village before, prancing around spending too much time following dressed up knights and singing drunkards, eventually stumbling across a corpse and a wounded man in an alley. Not fun.

The Dwan elf watched him leave, standing still; "Good Luck Alter~" She disappears into the business of Lythrope.

Blu nodded, not sure how to respond just yet. He looked to the side, toying with a leaf as they passed by it. So far, he hadn't learned much about the northern implines to form his own opinion, but he trusted Mission's view on them. If they were anything, at least they were respectable. His eyes trailed back to the forest ahead, as if somehow more relaxed. Perhaps he'd have more questions formed for later, but for now he wanted to enjoy what little she gave him.

Esra lead the way out of the large tent after the Madam had Caven wrap their gifts for them. They'd decided to keep shopping for a while, Esra intent on buying clothes for their companions which were suitable for their next destination. After all, if they brought sketchy looking humans to the gates there was no way they'd gain access. At least, that was the excuse she told herself.

Alter went about his day, finding more work to take up the time.

Mission let the boy stew in thought, she led him through the forest for a while longer than the route they'd taken before returning to camp. She pet Ludo on the snout before pulling him close to a table they had set up and wasn't being used. She called out to anyone who was around,

"Got a successful hunt lads."

She pulled the creature from the back of her horse and it flopped with a loud thud onto the wood. The one antler with purple mushrooms growing upon it still glowing a light arcane essence even with the Stag dead. She didn't touch the Stag for now in case someone else was interested in working on it specifically, she could but she wasn't the best at skinning. Mission was glad that she could do her part for the camp, the meat should do them for today for food so they wouldn't have to waste any gold on more and save their rations for the road.

"By the way Blu... Good job today."

Mission felt awkward, but she believed a bit of positive energy for the kid would help boost his confidence. It helped her.

Foxy followed Esra, looking out for the ingredients that Arbie had asked them to look for. Her luck was pretty damn good today. Foxy was also pretty fond of clothes shopping, mainly for other people as she was way too attached to her attire from her past... which she had slightly outgrown.

"Ay!" Mal and Bast cheered, for once in unison. The two chattered about what a good few meals it would make, and thanked Mission. Well, Bast gave more of a nod than an official thanks. Mal decided he'd be the one to skin it, since he could move it around easier than the smaller, eastern companion.

Blu smiled when Mission told him he'd done a good job today. Though he didn't fully agree, it was a nice thing to hear from her. He decided to put the bow and arrow away for now, coming to settle on a stump while Mal hung the stag from a nearby tree and began cleaning it. His nose scrunched in disgust, but he couldn't look away from the scene.

It wasn't long before the sun had fully risen and set, and Lythrope had returned to the same liveliness it had the night before. The music had begun as the sun was setting, children were corralled to their respective guardians and some put to bed, and the various colors of the night shown among fire and crystal light more than they had in the day. Mal had finished cleaning the stag, and stored the meat and hide somewhere in the caravans before the others arrived. Esra and Foxy were the first to return to their camp, lugging with them what looked like a shop full of clothing and other things Blu couldn't make out. They also put the new belongings into the caravans, Esra saying she'd show them when the sun returns. She sat on one side of Blu, kicking her small, boot covered feet off the stump and humming as they watched the food cook. Stag meat was being roasted over a fire that Bast started much earlier, and Blu had cut some vegetables to eat with it.
Things were quite calm despite the joyful music and chattering in the distance. Mal hadn't left the camp except to tend to personal matters, still sitting on the same stump he had been that morning. Mircea finally joined them after being absent most of the day, some of his hair having fallen from the low-hanging pony tail he placed it in that day.

"My fellows, how has the day faired for you?"

"Good," Blu answered with a small smile, his tail patting the grass.

"Foxy and I bought so many things, it was a wonderful time!" Esra answered happily, her arms moving with her words as if her small body couldn't contain it. "Just wait until you see the clothes we bought everyone! They're perfect for yefadorei!"

Mircea laughed a little and Bast interjected, "Just what we need, to look like those fancy-trouser-wearing noodles." He had just come from the caravans, dressed in an outfit Blu hadn't seen before. It was different from what Bast usually wore, most of the material was loose and the trousers low hanging and adorned in hanging metals that jingled when he moved. The color was an off-shade of red, or purple, he couldn't tell in the firelight. Blu felt as if he tried hard enough he could see through the sleeves, but he wasn't interested in trying that hard. Most of Bast's markings were covered in the thin fabric, and his face decorated with some sort of paint.

"What are you wearing?" Blu inquired, some form of curious surprise on his features.

"I'm going to put on a show and get us some money." Bast said, fixing a few of the metals around his arms, "This is a form of eastern dancing attire."

"A show?"

Esra giggled, "Yes, like how I was doing tricks with Silte in the village to earn coin. Bast dances and tells stories."

"Oh, Okay," Blu nodded in understanding.

"it'll also help with distracting people from our less civil guests arriving." Bast said before he scampered off from them, a short snicker coming from his distancing form.

"Ah," Mircea cleared his throat, "That reminds me. You don't have to get involved if you don't want to, but I've offered to help with keeping up with a few barbarians when they arrive. They have wounded in need of healing, and I said I'd help in exchange for having an easier way of getting to Yefadorei. Mal is going to be our trusty translator while they are here."

"Speaking of, " Mal grumbled, standing up from his stump and moving to the end of the caravans. His arms were crossed along his broad chest, dark eyes peering at something moving in the dark from the entrance they'd also come from. "Our new friends are here," He glanced at Mircea who was jogging to his side.

"That was fast."

Blu moved before Esra could manage to stop him and crouched beside Mal, watching as a wagon full of people came closer. A human was on foot at the front, dressed quite normally for a traveler from Blu's perspective. He had sun-tanned skin and bronze hair that hung just at his shoulders, a green robe wrapped around his neck and an instrument hung over it.

"Micrea!" The human called out and waved, and Mircea returned the gestured.

"Avery! Good man, where have you been?" Mircea called out, beginning to step closer to the approaching the wagon before a very tall figure stopped in front of him. Blu wasn't quite sure where he came from, but he seemed to emerge from the shadow of the trees like a quiet giant. At least from Blu's perspective he was a giant, holding at least a few inches over Mircea. His skin was unusually white with odd hints of brown and gray, a set of four horns at the sides of his forehead. Two of them were larger than the one's at their sides, but they weren't quite as long and curvy as Alter's. His ears were also shorter, and his hair the same white as Blu's. Though, it was cut short aside from a few beaded areas. From his position, Blu couldn't see the man's eyes, but his expression was obviously a serious one. The man kept staring at Mircea until a voice called from the wagon.

"NATIN! C'met" A voice that was deep but scuffed by age called out to them, and the white man looked away, meeting the wagon as it stopped a few feet from the caravans. The same aged voice spoke again in a language Blu couldn't comprehend, and the people surrounding the wooden wagon seemed to relax some, putting their weapons away. The white man from before turned and spoke to Mircea, though Mircea just looked more bewildered.

"He's asking where the healer is," Mal said, to which Mircea nodded.

"Ah, yes, this way," Mircea gestured for them to follow him, the large white man stood still for a moment after Mircea lead on, looking to the one called Avery. Avery nodded, continuing to lead the horses forward after Mircea, speaking quite casually to the stiff figure, "C'mon, Natin, you need to be healed, too." Natin seemed to reluctantly follow, staying by the wagon.

Mal started to leave, too, and stopped Blu before he could follow. "No, Blu, you stay here and get your belly full." he spoke sternly before leaving their camp.

Blu groaned and kicked a rock, going back to his stump with a pout, "Why can't I see, too?"

Mission also watched Mal, but not in disgust - it was in learning to refine her knowledge on the subject matter. It was like second nature to her to take in information and learn from observation, especially when it came to survival. When Mal was finished she helped him move and store the meat in the Caravan, she also made sure the Mushrooms were separated and placed somewhere for the Dwarf.

She didn't leave the camp for a while, staying outside watching Blu but not making it too obvious - sitting on a stool performing some upkeep on her blades and armour. She tied her hair up so that it wouldn't get in the way and wore her shirt very open and loosely. She waved at Mircea when he returned and at the two other girls of the Caravan when they did.

Foxy returned making big gestured waves with her arms and grinning crazily, her outing with Esra was fun and content. She was containing her excitement like a bottle about to burst, but she kept her cool - keeping the presents they had gotten a secret. She'd present them tomorrow along with all the clothes and when she had more of a chance to calm down and not scream as soon as she spoke. Foxy quickly shuffled towards the Caravan suspiciously and squeezed inside to take a moment to shout into a pillow. Though she also needed to grab some things.

Bast came out wearing something she hadn't seen him wear before, Mission gave him a good look up and down without really being able to help it. She kept her sarcastic comments about his masculinity to herself, she needn't make their relationship more tense. Mircea spoke, Mission took an interest in helping out - though she didn't know how helpful she could be and decided against it,

"Hm, I think I'll look after the Caravan with this little tyke."

"WELL I'm going to accompany Bas...WAIT.."
Foxy returned holding a large crate with an assortment of items which looked really heavy to hold, "Has he left without me? WHY CAN'T HE JUST WAIT? He's going to start performing without me..." Foxy had a bit of a tantrum, stomping her foot on the ground as she jogged after him trying not to spill the contents of the crate onto the ground from being too hurried, carrying the heavy objects she was fine with, her juggling was impressive in any regard.

Mission kept a close eye on the dangerous strangers, Mal & Mircea looked like they could handle it and because she had concentrated on them too much she didn't realise how close the Northern Impline had gotten. Though he was quickly thwarted away by Mal which relieved her, she took a seat next to him.

"Blu sometimes you have to maintain your distance from certain folk. Barbarians aren't forgiving people and sometimes you just have to, not let curiousity drive you..." It almost lead to his and her death through it, though she wouldn't put that on him right now. "How about I teach you how to play some games?"

Lythrope. It wasn't just Mission Allura who had friends with tricks up their sleeves. As a Scorched Rider, Mana had made sure he had the right connections to be able to make passage into the land, he knew how important his objectives could be and it was paramount that his targets couldn't hide from him. Though he respected the rules, he made sure his companions waited outside of the perimeter, he didn't need to draw attention and so kept himself hooded, disguised & alone. The rules of Lythrope were not worth breaking, so he wouldn't - he had a better plan, he thought anyway. With the information at his disposal from being around a while. The Impline Alter's Tent was where he decided to be, waiting for the Horned Being to return, ominously waiting at the other-side of the entrance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back