• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Aequaliberi

Silver Wolf

Something Random
Hundreds of years ago, a rebellion occurred within a human empire. This rebellion was of the races who had grown sick of the slavery and oppression. In the midst of this rebellion, chaos emerged. Organizations preaching humans were monsters who worshipped gods of evil and vice versa, martial law against citizens and non-human races which eventually exploded beyond control as the military slowly began to take over the empire.

In the end, several factions were created, the kingdom was split into anarchy with few places of law remaining, and the collapse of a continent wide empire led to many organizations, small kingdoms, tribes, and cults arising. Among these organizations was one known as Aequaliberi. This was an organization of a variety of races who wished to abolish oppression, cruelty, slavery, and bring lawful equality to all. In a world where oppression was what set the anarchy in order, a world where even the oppressed turned on each other, and a world where hidden and unlawful organizations grabbed hold of power in the absence of law, is there really such a chance for something so radical to happen?

• Nature Elements
    Water

Water is a liquid that is well known as an element for being moldable, so it can change its shape easily and be made to make certain shapes. Water isn't very strong as a weapon. Due to its fluidity, it is hard to do physical damage with water, but it is very VERY absorbent of energy. Water is a great shield because it can absorb energy and makes a very good shield that is hard to shatter with brute force.
    Fire

Fire is an element which is very generic and known for its quality to burn. Fire is associated with heat and light, so it is used frequently to destroy or light. It is far from over-rated, but the use of fire isn't unique and is fairly self explanatory. It does have its downside though. Fire is easily extinguished with the right element or the right action.
    Ice

Ice, while being frozen water, is actually its own separate element. Ice, like water, is considered a moldable element since it can easily take on distinct shapes; however, unlike water ice is hard. Ice can be made to be VERY sharp. Because it is very hard and sharp, ice is also a very brittle element, so no matter how hard one tries ice is not going to break through metal.
    Wind

Wind is an element that symbolises speed, freedom, and nature. It is a very ambiguous element which has its use as a tool, but it does have use as a combat element. Wind, while not very good at it, can be used to cut in the exchange that it becomes visible. Because of its fluid and light nature, wind has many uses and can easily be broken up by solid objects. It can even be used to fly, but only for those who have a very high magical capabilities.
    Crystal

Crystal is the equivalent of earth. Durable, moldable, and absorbent, this element is often expensive in energy but those who can wield it efficiently are mages who have a high level of mana. While crystal is absorbent, it isn't like water which nullifies energy. Crystal absorbs and stores energy. Even though that is a property, crystals made by magic cannot store energy for very long. Crystal is also easily destroyed by killing or draining whoever created it.
    Lightning

Lightning is a very erratic element which is very high in combat potency. As a highly conductive element it has the ability to pierce crystal by overflowing it. The element is incredibly strong in both piercing power and physical damage. Lightning can easily paralyze or burn a target, and because of its conductivity, lightning can spread from point to point very easily, making it great to take out enemies in large numbers just as much as selectively.

Arcane Elements
    Arcane elements are unpredictable elements whose powers and effects vary and often depend on the will of the caster. Arcane elements are riskier, but they are very potent. The Arcane Elements are Light, Darkness, and Shadow. These often need incantations or words to cast them. Since Arcane magic is very complicated, it is seldom used without assertion of what it can do.

Magic Classes
    Elemental

The usage of elemental magic for various purposes.
    Enchanting

The usage of magic to apply enhancements to objects.
    Illusion

The usage of shadow magic to create illusions.
    Blood Magic

Drawing upon energies other than magic and converting them into magical energy.
    no slide
    Spirit Magic: making a contract with spirits for them to serve a master.

If you are interested I will enter you into a PM where the group I'm creating for this RP. Consequently, you must PM me so I can question you about a few things such as your writing ability, dedication, etc.[/accordion]

Abendrot Abendrot revior revior

Are you guys able to hold a long commitment? Because I have had people say they're interested, but never come through anyway.
I should be able to. Usually I'm a bit casual about these sort of things, but if things go well, I should be able to put in the extra effort. How frequently are we expected to post, by the way? Once a week? Once a day?

I should be able to. Usually I'm a bit casual about these sort of things, but if things go well, I should be able to put in the extra effort. How frequently are we expected to post, by the way? Once a week? Once a day?

That's still up for debate. Once a week ended up being problematic, but I also think that becoming draconian, while not my favorite way to govern RPs, may be necessary, sadly. So it would be between 3 days to a week is what's on the table now.

Honestly, what continues to fascinate me here is how many people say Interested and then double over and say: Too busy, or they just don't come through. I have never claimed interested in an RP I can't join, so I don't really understand. Oh well, I still need more people.

Honestly, what continues to fascinate me here is how many people say Interested and then double over and say: Too busy, or they just don't come through. I have never claimed interested in an RP I can't join, so I don't really understand. Oh well, I still need more people.
Look, I know you've set up a nice system to keep things orderly here, but you don't win any points by being so anal about it. Take a chill pill.

I mean silver's not wrong that happens a lot and it annoys the person who went through so much work to create the rp.....I should know :lennyslash:.......though I guess I can't really complain seeing as I have done this to though I only usually do that when the rp turns out to be different from what I thought it was going to be.

Agreed. It's good that they at least made it clear that they weren't going to follow up. 90% of the time, they just go full MIA and never respond again.

Yes. I'm glad you didn't reply till now. I was out for the weekend. But yeah, I can hold the commitment.

I just posted what I have for the moment. If anything needs changing or corrections, let me know! I'll see if I can get to it later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back