• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Aegis: A Superhero Reboot

Do you have a character sheet to hand? I'd like to start thinking about a character, but I don't want to give you a bunch of detail you don't want. :3
Okay, here's the profile from the previous RP. Ignore the stats right now because those are getting reworked a bit for this version, but the tabs for personality/powers/relationships will be the same.

As far as detail goes... I do not want you to go nuts. I like concise. The old players tho? Love details. You write 3k words and they'll eat it up. It's a war of attrition, and I've been losing ground for years.

[row][sh]LASTNAME, FIRSTINITIAL (ex: SMITH, B.)[/sh][divide][/divide][row]
[column=span2][IMG]https://s26.postimg.cc/yv8bl4b9l/blank_profile_picture_973460_960_720.png[/IMG][/column][column=span6][Tabs]
[Tab=Stats][column=span4][table=none][tr][th=3]Heroism Statistics[/th][/tr]
[tr][th]Aspect[/th][th]Scale[/th][th]Total[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Courage[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Altruism[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Kindness[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Proaction[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Diplomacy[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Composure[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr][/table]
[/column][column=span4][table=none][tr][th=3]Ability Statistics[/th][/tr]
[tr][th]Aspect[/th][th]Scale[/th][th]Total[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Health[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Strength[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Defense[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agility[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intelligence[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Willpower[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Energy[/td][td]▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱[/td][td]00[/td][/tr][/table]
[/column][/Tab]

[Tab=General][B]Full Name[/B]
Bob Frank Smithington III, or something

[B]Nicknames[/B]
Bobby, Frankfurter, B.S.

[B]Codename[/B]
If unassigned, type "N/A"

[B]Gender[/B]
Male, female, or whatever

[B]Age[/B]
Blankity blank years

[B]Rank[/B]
D/C/B/A/S Rank

[B]Limiter[/B]
(In)Active, Level 1/2/3/4

[B]Role[/B]
Student/Teacher/Faculty (Subject taught or faculty position)[/Tab]

[Tab=Appearance][B]Race[/B]
Race/nationality

[B]Hair[/B]
Hair color

[B]Eyes[/B]
Eye color

[B]Height[/B]
Height in feet and inches because this is goddamn 'Murica

[B]Figure[/B]
Description of the character's body type, weight in pounds (optional)

[B]Notes[/B]
Any other physical features worth mentioning, such as tattoos, scars, spiky or flamey bits, etc.[/Tab]

[Tab=Biography][B]Positive Personality Trait[/B]
List a positive personality trait, and a short description (no more than five sentences) of how your character displays this trait.

[B]Neutral Personality Trait[/B]
List a neutral personality trait, and a short description (no more than five sentences) of how your character displays this trait.

[B]Neutral Personality Trait[/B]
List a neutral personality trait, and a short description (no more than five sentences) of how your character displays this trait.

[B]Negative Personality Trait[/B]
List a negative personality trait (aka a character flaw), and a short description (no more than five sentences) of how your character displays this trait.

[B]History[/B]
A concise summary of your character's backstory; ideally focusing on things like how they came into their powers, how their powers have affected their life, why they are attending or are employed at Facility 108 (the Baltimore location, as opposed to some other location), and recent life events.[/Tab]

[Tab=Relationships][B]Other Character's Name[/B]
Description of relationship with said character[/Tab]

[Tab=Superpower][B]Primary Power[/B]
Your characters primary power. If it cannot be described in two short paragraphs, or without linking to the superpower wiki, or without referencing a copyrighted character, it is not simple enough to be acceptable for this roleplay. The best powers for this story are those that can be explained in layman's terms and follow an internally consistent set of rules and limitation.

[LIST]
[*][B]Supporting Power[/B]: Your character may have up to two sub-powers if needed. They are not required, especially if the character already has simple and straightforward powers.

[*][B]Supporting Power[/B]: These powers are passive abilities that supplement the main power - for example, an elemental character being immune to their own element. These abilities must be related to and support the main power.
[/LIST]

[B]Limitations[/B]
List and describe at [I]least[/I] three limits of your character's power, including any 'rules' it follows, such as being ineffective on certain targets or past a certain distance. Use bullet points to keep each limitation clearly separate and organized. Remember, it's just as important to know where a power ends as well as where it begins. You may add as many limitations as you like, but you must not have less than three. [I]Limitations not related to your character's superpower belong in the Skills and Flaws section.[/I]

[LIST]
[*][B]Limit[/B]: Explanation

[/LIST]
[/Tab]

[Tab=Skills and Flaws]A list of non-superpower (mundane) skills and flaws that your character has. Mundane skills include knowledge such as first-aid training, cooking, paleontology, etc. Mundane flaws include physical disabilities, or expanded information on negative personality traits such as gullibility, clumsiness, vanity, etc.

Keep in mind that your character's superpowers might affect some of their normal skills, for example, we all expect hyper-intelligent supers to have more knowledge-related skills in this list than the average character. However, these skills and flaws should all be things that your character could lose their powers, and still retain.

All characters should have at least two skills and two flaws.

[B]Skill[/B]: Description

[B]Skill[/B]: Description

[B]Flaw[/B]: Description

[B]Flaw[/B]: Description
[/Tab]

[Tab=Tools & Weapons]Formerly known as the Augmentations tab, it has now been renamed to Tools and Weapons, and will contain exactly what it says - a running list of tools or weapons that your character carries on them and uses along with/instead of superpowers.

[B]Item[/B]: [[I]Augmentation/Tool/Weapon[/I]] Description

[B]Item[/B]: [[I]Augmentation/Tool/Weapon[/I]] Description

[B]Item[/B]: [[I]Augmentation/Tool/Weapon[/I]] Description[/Tab]

[Tab=Gallery]Although there is now a spot for a character image (since most of you have one), the Gallery tab remains as an area for you to post additional images, theme songs, and so on.[/Tab][/Tabs][/column][/row][/row]

Concise does not compute for me Wells
I've tried, whoever installed me forgot to get those plugins

Writing machine goes  brrrrr

Here's an abridged version of the World Setting document, with school-specific content removed.

• RP will take place in the USA, in the year 2045 (Probably Baltimore or DC)
  • Superpowers have existed since pre-history, and it's assumed that folklore was inspired by super-powered people in the past
    • ~10% of humans have the carrier gene for powers
    • Powers are activated by a combination of luck, genetics, hormones, and strong emotions. Most people, if they get powers, get them during puberty, pregnancy, or after an intense incident (car crash, winning the lottery, etc.)
    • Santa Claus is canonically one of the most powerful superheroes in the world, he died in a B-plot but he's better now (a world without Santa is not worth living for tbh).
  • The Civil Rights movement had a super-rights movement within it, with supers asking for better public accommodations.
  • As a result, Commonwealth was founding in the 1980s as sort of a union for superheroes.
  • ~90s introduces the "blue card" system which permits professional vigilantes so long as they work for Commonwealth under an extended contract.
  • Great Recession happens, the Commonwealth president Errol King approves a series of ethically dubious research projects to persuade the feds to give him more money. It does not go well.
    • 2018: VP of Commonwealth leaves along with a bunch of employees, and the CW office is ransacked by a terrorist group that lets loose a test subject who goes on a rampage. The whole thing is very image for CW, which leads to them nearly getting shut down. Errol is murdered and no one is sad about it.
  • 2020: SIPLA or "Super Identification and Limiter Protocol Act" is passed by Congress, which forces all superpowered individuals to be on a federal database and have to wear power limiters in public.
  • 2040: Previous RP takes place, following students in a superpower training school that's being targeted by an anti-super eugenics cult called The Knights of Raguel.
  • 2045: Current RP takes place, will follow a group of heroes investigating the hacker known as Warlock.
curious about the existence of superpowers in this setting.
  • Is there a term to refer to enhanced individuals?
  • Are all super powered people of the same nature? (random gene that can awaken), or are there individuals who are made into super powered individuals through artificial means, like cybernetics or genetic splicing.
  • You mentioned folklore being based on these individuals. What role does "Magic" or any supernatural presence have in this setting, if any?
  • Are there unpowered individuals who are called upon by commonwealth solely based on their skill? (Gunslingers, Spies, Archers, Hackers and Combat Medics, etc)
  • With commonwealth being known to the public, are there some super powered individuals using their codename for fame and social media presence? Do some of these supers copyright their codename? are there "talent" agencies for supers intending to create profit of a super's public influence?

curious about the existence of superpowers in this setting.
  • Is there a term to refer to enhanced individuals?
  • Are all super powered people of the same nature? (random gene that can awaken), or are there individuals who are made into super powered individuals through artificial means, like cybernetics or genetic splicing.
  • You mentioned folklore being based on these individuals. What role does "Magic" or any supernatural presence have in this setting, if any?
  • Are there unpowered individuals who are called upon by commonwealth solely based on their skill? (Gunslingers, Spies, Archers, Hackers and Combat Medics, etc)
  • With commonwealth being known to the public, are there some super powered individuals using their codename for fame and social media presence? Do some of these supers copyright their codename? are there "talent" agencies for supers intending to create profit of a super's public influence?
  • We're a lazy RP group, we just call them supers and call it a day.
  • At the moment in the story, there are no known, successful artificial supers. Note the emphasis. Note the plot description. Do not believe everything the government tells you.
    • But also, totally, cybernetics are a thing. That's why the profile gets oddly technical in spots, there was like a whole debate on how to include robotic characters. There's a weird gray area of vigilantes who aren't covered by Commonwealth because they don't technically have powers, but they are clearly above-average humans who fight crime, and the government is still arguing to this day if they are covered under SILPA or not.
  • A lot of magic in-universe is explained as, basically, psychic bullshit or small-scale reality warping. For example, in a Halloween event, ghosts were described as "psychic echoes". But, still, some people believe in a higher power, and who knows? That's what faith is all about, after all.
  • A special agent is a special agent, ya can't get picky when Congress is dangling your budget above your head.
  • Do you remember Tiger & Bunny? 100%, there are celebrity supers who use their image for public relations. They even have unions. I wouldn't call their agencies "talent" agencies per se, but there's a lot of in-groups, for example, there's a yearly charity event hosted by fire-type supers to raise money for burn victims. At the end of the day, so long as your paperwork is clean and you're in the government database, and you're not killing (openly) people...

Okay, okay - last call for interest! If you want in, send me a PM!

This interest check is now closed - please report to the OOC thread, or come track me down on Discord if you want to talk shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back