• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

Heather had just been smiling akwardly the entire time Mio and Kato had been talking, and although Kato really seemed like a great friend, she was too shy to say anything to him. And she wanted to thank him for taking her place next to Victor!
"T-thanks by the way- for... t-this m-mo-morning.", she stuttered, taking a deep breath to continue talking. "I d-definitely o-o-owe you one."
She flashed a shy, hella akward smile before turning to Mio with her soft and loving one.
"That sounds great. Though I'm not very good at playing the piano... I've only started practicing a week ago. When- you know. 15."
She lifted her shoulders, giving Mio's hand a soft squeeze.
"But only if you want to go to the music room, too. And Kato too, of course."

"Old charmer? Old charmer?", Jim repeated, teasingly tickling Rachel before he just gave her a deep kiss.
"Well if being honest to my beautiful wife makes me an old charmer then so be it.", he winked, flinching when Rachel suddenly screamed.
"Ahh- please don't scream into my ear like that! Sensitive!"
He just quickly shook his head, smiling when she told him about Athena moving back to Montana.
"I know that- I'm probably the first one she told. Thought she wanted to keep it a surprise. Guess she just couldn't wait.", he chuckled silently, yet immediately looking at her with an extremely concerned expression on his face when she mentioned his niece.
"What's it this time? She didn't run off to Iraq to save another soldier, did she?!"

Mio Just gently wrapped his arms around Heather's waist and pulled her into a soft kiss, smirking awkwardly as he saw Kato's baffled expression.
"I'm sure you'll play amazingly one day", he mumbled, leaning his forehead against hers with a loving smile for a moment, before he turned to his best friend, who was grinning softly at Heather.
"I'm seriously amazed, Heather", Kato chuckled, while Mio Just kept looking at Heather with a totally stupid smile, clearly crushing. Hard.
"Okay, Mio's got the Viola, you got the piano, and I have the drums- we'll be an awesome band!", Kato chuckled.
"And weee-", Mio mumbled with a soft grin to Heather "are an awesome couple. I love you, princess."

"An age old charmer", Rachel giggled, stroking over Jim's belly with a soft smirk, before smiling apologetically at him.
"Sorry honey, I didn't mean to shout. Just always had a loud voice by nature."
She cuddled her head into his shoulder and closed her eyes for a moment, cuddling even tighter against Jim.
"Nah, oskari broke up", she sighed silently. "Apparently he said that it was just too much of a risk for him to be together with Lilly if she got herself into such danger for him..."

"I love you too, Mio.", Heather whispered back, softly kissing his cheek before she just gulped akwardly as she turned to Kato as well.
"Should we go?", she asked silently, honestly just wanting to get into that music classroom so she'd be safe from people probably staring at her or making fun of her or saying bad things about her-
Okay she was worrying a little too much again.
"Did the teachers say anything about me not being there during sports and geography...?", she asked Kato, hoping the teachers wouldn't hate her for not being there. On her first day. As daughter of two professors at school.
"Oh and Mio - I want to thank your family again for inviting me over for tomorrow - so is there anything they like to snack? Like cookies I could bake? Or perhaps a pie? Muffins? Cupcakes? All of them?"

"I have no problem with you shouting and screaming.", Jim replied, wiggling his eyebrows at her before he just giggled softly. "Just not directly into my ear!"
He nodded at Rachel explaining what Lilly had texter her, not really knowing how to react to that, but just started playing around with Rachel's hair.
"I don't think he broke up with her because of that. She told me how happy he was when his brother was home again. I think it's because she's moving away, don't you think?"
Talking about teenagers, Jim remembered Heather and frowned sadly as he looked back at Rachel.
"Today was Heather's first day at school, and she apparently got beaten up by some bully. Good thing Mac got his visions, I don't think she would have told him... really sad though, she's such a sweet girl. Probably why the bully thought she was a good victim."

"don't worry, I told the teachers you weren't feeling well and Mio was looking after you", Kato explained, smiling happily as he watched his best friend and Heather.
"Insider tip- my family is crazy for blueberry muffins",, Mio sie smirking. "This way", he just gently took her hand and pulled her along into the music room, where loads of instruments were just waiting to be played.
Apart from him, Heather and Kato, there only was one other girl in the room, sitting alone in silence, her midnight blue hair falling into her face as she eyed at them through her hair with a pair of shy, deep blue eyes.
As she saw that Mio and Kato were looking at her, she just grew even paler than she already was and quickly locked her eyes to her black Note Block again.
"That's Amalthea", Kato explained silently. "She's one grade under us and never talked to anyone. Mysterious and silent as the stars."

Rachel looked at Jim with big, sad eyes, forming at what he told her.
"Oh no, poor thing... Maybe I should talk to her something? I've been bullied for years, too..."
She sighed silently, just cuddling her head into Jim's chest again.
"I don't get why some kids are so mean. I mean, it's not like it's fun to hurt someone else..."

((is that girl of any importance? xD like Idk what to do with her? XD))

Heather just tilted her head at the girl, wondering how someone below their grade could be here when she would have class right now, and just looked back at Mio and Kato after a second.
"Shouldn't there be some supervisor here tl watch us? Others could just come in and break the instruments!", she mumbled thoughtfully, actually just scared that she would break something. Accidentally of course. Though it was probably quite hard to break a piano...
"Fish would love this room... smells like someone left their old socks here for weeks.", she giggled softly, just looking around at all the instruments with big eyes.
"And we can just.... use them?"

Jim sighed silently, just hugging Rachel tightly to comfort her.
"That'd be really sweet of you.", he mumbled softly, stroking over her back and nuzzling his face into her hair, a gentle smile on his face.
"Well, when you're different from others, you're special. And others aren't, and thus get really jealous of you because they all want to be special too. So they say that being different is bad, and try to get you down so badly that you start thinking you're nothing special anymore.", he explained, kissing Rachel's forehead before he looked deep into her eyes.
"And you were, are, the most special of special people, perfect in every way... and that's why those kids bullied you, trying to get you down. All because they were jealous of you being different, of you being special."
He smiled lovingly, his eyes sparkling as he leaned his forehead against hers, softly kissing her nosetip.
"And no matter what others might think of you, no matter what they say, no matter how hard they try to get you down - just remember that you're the most beautiful, perfect, special person in my eyes... and that I'll gladly take out anyone who tries to get you down."

((well I figured since Heather was constantly thinking about having no female friends, I'd give her the chance to make one :3 I also have something planned for her if Heather and get get involved, but that's another story^^))

"There's no need to supervise this room", Mio explained with a lopsided half-smile.
"The only ones who come here are nerds like Kato, loners like Thea and me, or artists like you. No one of those who come here would ever cause any damage to this room."
Kato just gave a smirk at Heather, lifting his shoulders as he sat down on a cajón and drummed a few beats.
"Some also say that a student died here a couple of years ago and still lingers. All bullshit, if you ask me."
Mio Just looked at his friend for a moment, slightly lifting his shoulders but not saying a word as he looked at Heather and shrugged.
"And uh, yeah, we can use everything in this room freely", he explained with a soft smile, taking a seat on the bench in front of the piano. "It's all still very new here, just about a year. Most of the instruments were donated by Rachel Davis. You know, one of the anoms who saved the world."

Rachel chuckled softly, gently ruffling Jim's hair.
"Honey I'm fine. I might have been bullied for years on end, but I'm totally fine now. I have a husband who loves me, kids who love me just the same...
I must be kind of fine to get here, right? Not to mention that we saved the world."
She winked at her husband, grinning softly as she lifted her shoulders. "I'm luckily not the depressed, scared girl I've been anymore."

((aww yeah like her best friend or so? What you got planned for her then? :3))

"I know who Rachel Davis is. My aunt.", Heather replied, giggling softly at Mio. It was so funny, and really weird, how everyone always talked about her parents and aunt and uncle, them having defeated HACK and saved the world - and then when they found out she was their daughter and/or niece, they suddenly became like super strange towards her.
"Hey, I - you just go play viola already, I'll join in later. I wanna talk to that girl over there. She looks so lonely."
She gave Mio a quick kiss before she turned around and slowly made her way to the table where the girl was sitting.
"H-hi.", she whispered shyly, playing around with her fingers while she smiled nervously.
"I'm Heather. I'm new here at school. I really l-love your hair. Is yours dyed? Mine's naturally pink, but people don't really believe me on that."

Jim smiled happily at Rachel's words, a proud sparkling in his eyes. She had overcome so many of her fears, and her insecurities were mostly gone. She had changed so much, to the better, and he couldn't be more proud of her.
Though he had to admit that he himself had changed quite a lot as well. Instead of being the aggressive, insecure not-trusting-anyone man he used to be, he was now a loving father and husband who had tamed most of his demons and who battled his fears every day - and won. Sure, he was still sometimes insecure about being a bad father or husband or brother, or all in all being a bad person who didn't deserve happiness - but Rachel usually immediately made him feel better, without her even knowing that he was in a dip.
"I'm so proud of you.", he mumbled silently. "Of us."
With a happy sigh, he pulled Rachel closer into a tight hug, just grinning lovingly as he buried his face into her neck.
"I love you so much, baby. And I just can't ever express it enough, will never be able to put it into words... but man I just love you so, so, soooo incredibly much that I sometimes even forget I have other feelings too because I'm just so filled with love for you. And gosh that was cheesy!"

((I'll tell you on wa^^))

The mysterious girl looked up at Heather in a mixture of sadness and fear, just closing her book and pressing it tightly to her chest.
The people here called her Amalthea, after the moon, because she was just tad silent or whatever.
She locked her eyes to the floor for quite a while, just utterly motionless and silent, excepting a silent wheezing sound that was heard whenever she breathed out.
Lastly, without looking at Heather, she turned to face her again and lastly just gently touched her throat, shaking her head.
With a silent, wheezing sigh, she ripped a page out of her note book and wrote on it.
I'm Coraline. My hair is natural, too. I like yours. I'm sorry I can't talk... I'm mute."

Rachel smiled lovingly as she softly stroked over Jim's cheek and lastly kissed him deeply.
"I'm very proud of us too, honey", she sighed happily.
"And I love cheesy!"
Giggling softly, she made Jim's shirt disappear, do she could cuddle against him better, and planted a small kiss on his neck.
"Especially im proud of you, honey. You're doing so great lately, I mean, just look at you! A great father, loving husband, amazing brother... No demons taking over, no breakdowns or tantrums... Honey you can be so, so proud of yourself."
Smiling softly, she just cuddled tighter against Jim and closed her eyes peacefully.
The past few months had been so great.
Everything was going great, for once there were no complications with her pregnancy and no one and nothing was trying to kill them.
"You can be really proud, baby."

Heather read what was written on the piece of paper that the girl handed her and just put it on the table as she had finished, a sad smile on her face.
"I'm really sorry about that.", she replied, slightly tilting her head. "Born mute? Or accident? Y-you don't have to tell, of course! No pressure."
Her shyness seemed to slightly fade as she grabbed the chair next to Coraline and sat down, smiling.
"Nice to meet you, Coraline. Isn't it a bit lonely here all on your own? Don't you have a class to attend?", she asked, quickly turning around to take a look at Mio and Kato, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves with the instruments.
"I have actually never talked to anyone I don't know this much ever before. But then again I haven't talked much- I'm sorry. So... you're 14?"

Jim smiled proudly as Rachel mentioned how proud she was of him, and he would have surely broken his tail from wagging it too hard had he been in his wolf form right now.
"You really have no idea how happy those words make me."
All his life he had tried to be good enough for everyone, to be what they expected him to be, someone to be proud of - and he had never really succeeded, and if, nobody had told him.
And this woman here in his arms, his wife, told him how proud she was of everything he did and of who he was, and he honestly could cry of happiness anytime she did. That was what he strived for. Her being happy and proud of him, of everything he had changed about himself to be the man she deserved, of everything he tried and did to be a good father for their kids...
"I am... I am proud of me too. I haven't let anything get me down lately, and I've worked really hard on myself together with your and Mayrose's help. I really should've listened to you sooner about getting help... I mean, I'm just so calm and happy instead of rage-filled, about to explode.", he chuckled silently, smiling. "I mean, no demonic dark thoughts for months! That's- that's just unbelievable! And everybody is happy and I'm happy and we're all doing good... it makes me really happy."

Coraline just shook her head, but lastly figured that answer wouldn't help Heather much. It could basically mean everything.
For the first time in ages, someone was talking to her.
Actually noticing and talking to her, and not shying away because she looked like she came straight out of 'the ring'.
Usually, she was just invisible for everyone, and those who could see her pretended they couldn't or just were too awkward to talk to her. Just like her.
Accident, she wrote quickly, finally looking directly at Heather with a completely exhausted expression, the dark rings under her eyes making her look like she had been up and fighting against God knows what for years on end.
I'm 16. Should be junior year. Your friend mistook me for my little sister, she's a freshman. I'm not on this school. Not anymore.
With another wheezing sigh, she watched Mio and Kato for a moment.
It's not their fault. They are half aware. Aware People like you are rare.
Getting up, she flashed a tired smile at Heather and waved her hand around in front Mio's face, who looked up in surprise.
"Oh, eh, hi-..."
As Coraline went back to Heather, the weirdest of scenarios played between the two boys;
Mio's face gained a completely confused expression, while Kato raised one eyebrow at him.
"Who were you talking to, dude?"
"I eh-" Mio Just frowned, shaking his head. "I thought there was-... Nevermind..."
Coraline shrugged at Heather, sitting down beside her again.

"And you make me happy", Rachel sighed softly, before she gave her husband a gentle, deep kiss, running her fingers through hair soft hair.
Man she could just spend hours like this, just laying in Jim's arms and enjoying his warmth and voice, and his strong arms making her feel so incredibly safe.
"I always knew you'd make it one day, sweetie", she sighed happily. "That you would be good one day, and feel better.amd I told you all along, dummy!"
Chuckling softly, she gently stroked over his belly, resting her head on his chest.
Such a calm heartbeat.
"You know, mayrose told me she is really impressed by what massive progress you're making. It's so cute how even she is super proud of you. Almost like a grandma."

"They can't see you?", Heather mumbled to herself, a bit confused. Hadn't the boys talked about Coraline? Saying she was in the room? If Mio didn't notice Cora now, what would he think that she was doing right now? Talking to the wall?
Heather blankly stared in front of her for a moment, collecting all the details and information she had just received, quickly being able to find out who, or what, Coraline was.
"A ghost."
Turning back to look at Cora, Heather frowned sadly, sighing.
"You're the student Kato talked about. The one that died here... aren't you?", she mumbled silently, it now of course making quite some sense why many couldn't see her.
First of, someone who didn't believe in ghosts of course couldn't see them. Second, one somehow needed to be made familiar with a ghost before one could be able to see them all. And Heather grew up with ghosts around her, her grandparents, her uncles Jack and Draco, Rex... she was super aware compared to others.
Kato didn't believe in ghosts, so he had said, and so he couldn't see Cora. Mio probably believed in them, and therefore was only sometimes able to catch a glimpse, but would probably shrug it off. That's what Heather thought.
"Are you stuck here? Or did you decide to stay on Earth instead of going to Heaven? Or well, hell. Though I doubt that."

"You've told me all along and I was just too stubborn or dumb or whatever to believe you.", Jim replied, smirking softly as Rachel stroke over his abs. He loved her touch. And her lying so peacefully on his chest, in between his arms, that beautiful smile on her face... yeah, that was heaven for him.
"She did?", he asked, his eyes sparkling happily, thinking about Mayrose being proud of his massive progress. She always offered him tea when he would come over for his appointment. And even though he always declined, saying he didn't like tea, she would always ask it again. It actually felt more like he was talking to his grandmother than talking to a shrink. And he had never expected to ever trust someone that much that he would tell them what bothered him. There were only like three people he had trusted before with stuff like that, and even then he hadn't always said everything in fear of being hurt or them being hurt or whatever he was scared of.
"I wouldn't have been able to make that progress without your support. You really pulled me through. Gave me that extra push to call whenever something bothered me, gave me that extra push to rely on you whenever I wasn't feeling well again... you're actually the one we should praise, not me. You're the only reason why I'm here, making progress and changing myself to the best."

Coraline's eyes widened at what Heather said, her dark blue hair almost flying around as she nodded frantically, pointing out of the window.
In a couple of feet distance, outside the school, was a small memorial for 'Coraline Duchannes, beloved daughter and sister, 2000 - 2016'.
However, pointing at the date, 2016, she shook her head, and quickly grabbed her notebook again.
I'M NOT DEAD!
She looked at Heather with big, pleading eyes, hoping she would understand.
I'm comatose! I had an accident here at school and to avoid bad publicity, the old headmaster kidnapped my body and keeps it alive somewhere! But I can feel my time running out. I have to find my body!
A single tear, from anger and desperateness, ran down her cheek as she looked at her with a pleading expression.
Her wheezing in her throat grew louder now, by now starting to sound a lot like a tiny flute.
Please... Help me!

"Oh no sweetie, all I did was believe in you and gently judge you into the right direction now and then", Rachel said with a soft smirk, kissing Jim's forehead.
She quickly got up and smirked down at her husband, raising one eyebrow.
"We should get up and get the Picknick ready, or it'll be evening and we'll still be lying here. Come on old man."
With a grin,she quickly changed into a super cute outfit and held her hands up as she was done, winking at Jim.
"You gonna take me with you like this, hot stuff?"

((Sry short answer, making dinner RN X'D))

Heather panically grabbed the piece of paper Coraline had written on, reading it intensively over and over again before she jumped up from her chair and called Mio's name.
"Where does this school's previous headmaster live? Do you know?", she asked, giving the piece of paper back to Coraline before she walked over to her boyfriend and his best friend as quickly as possible.
"Remember that student you talked about that died here?", she asked Kato, a serious expression on her face - and honestly she couldn't believe she was talking without stuttering right now. "Well, newsflash! I've just been talking to her and she is not dead, but in comatose. And we need to find her body before she dies and will have to live as a ghost for... yeah, forever!"
She maybe hadn't entirely thought this true.
Kato called ghosts bullshit, and she was honestly terrified that Mio would call her crazy right now.
"P-please believe me, okay? Okay? Or don't believe me but just help me save Coraline!"

"Ahh perfezionare! That's perfect in italian. You're just perfect. Lovely.", Jim replied, winking, quickly putting the shirt that Rachel had taken off on again, raising an eyebrow at her.
"I'm okay like this? Or do you want me to put on some shorts too and perhaps some sandals and a top?", he asked, chuckling as he imagined himself like that. Horrible, really.
"You make me so happy.", he whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer into a deep, passionate kiss.
"I love you, babe."

Mio lifted his shoulders, a helpless expression in his big brown eyes.
"I- what? Okay wait a second, just let me get this straight... So, this girl, eh, Coraline? She's still here and in a come, like... Out of body experience?"
He nodded to himself for a moment.
"Okay but what does the old headmaster have to do with this?'
For a moment, just a moment, he saw a blue-haired girl flickering into sight, before she disappeared again.
"Am I having hallucinations or-"
"Dude, this is crazy", Kato said with one raised eyebrow, while Coraline was wheezing angrily.
Mio Just frowned. "Kato, I know this sounds impossible, but- I don't know, I'm trusting Heather on this one."
For quite a moment, Kato looked as if he was about to call them all insane and just walk off, but lastly he just sighed and shook his head. "Okay fine. I'm not saying I believe that Coraline is still somewhere around, but I will help you guys wherever I can."
Coraline jumped up at that, holding on to Heather's arm in excitement and fear.
"First thing first", Kato said frowning. "The old headmaster is Mr.Watkins. he's living a couple miles outside the city, but as far as I know he moved about a year ago, and I have no idea where he's living now."
"Mh, that's a problem...", Mio mumbled silently. "If we could find a hacker, someone who can get into the servers of the post office, we could find out what his address has been changed into. That's where he should be living then..."
"Great then we only need someone who can hack... Anyone knows anyone", Kato huffed, Mio Just shaking his head.

Rachel grinned softly as she grabbed the collar of Jim's shirt and pulled him into another deep kiss.
"Looking steaming hot as always", she whispered to his ear, gently nibbling on his ear for a second before she kissed his neck, groaning afterwards, with a wide grin on her face.
"Why do you just have to be handsome?!", She giggled, pulling him closer and kissing him once more.
"Ooookay if you don't stop smirking at me like that I can't guarantee for anything, so- stop being hot!"

"I can hack.", Heather admitted silently, a soft blush appearing on her face.
"What? Don't look at me like that. It's really easy, just gotta changes some codes here and there."
She smiled shyly at the boys, just grabbing her phone out of her pocket and slowly started typing some stuff here and there, a complete calm expression on her face.
Hacking wasn't that hard in her eyes, but nothing that had something to do with school and learning was. Her parents both being geniuses with her mother having an IQ of 170+ and her father 230+, it was no surprise that she was as much of a genius as them.
"I'm in.", she mumbled after a while, and for a second there was a hint of pride in her eyes.
"Now what was that headmaster's name again? Mr... Watkins?"

"Apologies for me not looking quite like Gollum.", Jim replied, chuckling softly at Rachel's frustrated groan - laughing once more when she told him to stop smirking like that, to which he just gave her one of his beautiful smirks, kissing her deeply afterwards.
"You don't want me to smile?", he asked, teasingly raising an eyebrow at her as he moved forwards and gently kissed her neck.
"I love you-", he whispered, kissing her again and pulling her closer once more, running his fingers through her soft hair.

Mio was grinning softly as he wrapped his arms around Heather's waist from behind, softly kissing her cheek before he rested his chin on her shoulder.
"That's my girlfriend!", He mumbled happily, watching her curiously.
"Mhm, Mr.Watkins", He said nodding at her questions, lastly just resting cuddling his head against hers again.
"You are amazing", he whispered to her ear and quickly focused on the screen again, just like Coraline, who was looking over Heather's other shoulder curiously, while Kato was just sitting on his cajón with a doubtful expression.
"Quick question guys- what does the old headmaster's address have to with this, and how are we gonna find... Coraline's body?"

"All I ever wanted is to see you smile like that", Rachel whispered with sparkling eyes, just leaning her head against his chest with a peaceful smile.
She softly stroked over his cheek, sighing happily as she stood up on her tiptoes to kiss him back.
"I love you too", she whispered softly, cuddling her cheek against his hand as he stroked through her hair, closing her eyes peacefully.
"An eternity with you wouldn't be enough...", She mumbled lovingly. "But let's start with forever..."

"Coraline told me that when the accident here at school occurred, he took her body in to somehow try and save her, not wanting bad publicity.", Heather started explaining while im the meantime searching for Mr.Watkins' adress in the post office's archives.
"She feels that her body's slowly giving up, after all she's been in this state since 2016, that's two years ago now. So it's super important to find her body or else she'll... die."
Heather shook her head, quickly motioning her head to Mio to cuddle against him, but then concentrating on the hack again.
"Found it! 42, Jackson Drive Street. That's next to the Burger King in the city! I know where that is - let's go!"
Heather hastily put her phone back in the pocket of her jeans jacket - as skirts usually didn't have pockets - and grabbed Mio's hand, looking over at Kato with a serious expression on her face.
"Are you coming with us, or staying here?"
Kato seemed to be a nice guy, but Heather wasn't stupid. She could sense him being slightly annoyed, maybe even bored, and thinking she was crazy for believing in this 'ghost bullshit', but she also just wanted to give him the opportunity to choose to come along.
"Coraline, hold onto my shoulder tightly, and don't let go. I'll teleport us there, 'kay?"

"Forever and ever, baby.", Jim replied, a loving sparkling on his face when he closed his eyes and just cuddled against Rachel tightly.
This was so much more than he could have ever wished for.
Rachel, his beautiful and outmost perfect wife, all of his children, and the one on his way... a family. His family.
"Hey, so for tonight - what would you prefer as dessert? Chocolate mousse or Strawberry Shortcake?"

Kato really seemed to fight with himself as Heather asked him if he'd come along.
With a serious look at Mio, who clearly wasn't doubting Heather for a split second, he just sighed and shook his head.
"While you guys go and try to find Coraline's body, I'll dig into the books about spiritualism we have in the city library", he lastly explained. "After all we'll still have to find a way to get her back into there after you found her, right?"
Mio Just playfully raised one eyebrow. "What, does that mean you're in?"
"Yeah I'm in, okay? I still... Have my doubts, but I'll help you in any way I can. If things get rough, call me, okay? I'll immediately come and back you up."
Mio nodded at Kato, while Coraline was watching everyone with big eyes, tightly holding on to Heather's shoulder.
She would have loved to thank her right now, but writing it down would take too much time. So she just lay her hand on her heart, giving a small smile at Heather.
"So what's the plan?", Mio asked sorrowfully.

"You know I'm addicted to chocolate", Rachel giggled softly, looking up at Jim with big, sparkling eyes.
Right from the start, right from when she had become friends with him as Riley Evans, she had known that he was the one.
She had always kept an eye on him, always made sure he'd be as okay as possible...
Until that horrible day she thought she had lost him.
"And after our romantic dinner, what about we visit the meadow where you proposed? Best place for stargazing- and cuddling without anyone disturbing us."

"The plan? The plan is... the plan is going to his house and telling him that we know how to get Coraline back and eh- if he doesn't work along we'll have to do it the hard way. Yes.", Heather mumbled, nodding at herself - yet slightly shaking. What if her 'plan' didn't work? What if-
No, no. She should focus on helping Coraline now.
She took a deep breath and teleported the three of them into the city, directly onto the street where they needed to be.
"And now we have to find house number 42."

"I had already planned something like that.", Jim replied, a soft smirk appearing on his face.
He remembered the night he proposed as if it was yesterday.
And he also knew that Rachel had asked him to dance with her, to which he had declined saying he couldn't dance.
Now they had both danced together quite a few times already, on their wedding for example, but he just wanted to dance on that meadow to their song under a sky full of stars.
"And I do really think that you'll like it.", he mumbled, softly kissing her forehead and taking her hand, intertwining their fingers.
"Should we go and grab the toddlers and go picknicking?"

"hey-", Mio said with a soft smile, gently putting his hand on Heather's shoulder and planting a small kiss on her cheek.
"You got this."
He gave her an encouraging pat on her back, before looking around.
"42...", He mumbled to himself, his widening as he spotted the number... However the house looking everything but inhabited.
"Oh man...", He mumbled silently, while Coraline was frowning sadly- at least until she flickered for a moment, lastly looking at Heather with big, scared eyes. She just sighed, and was about to turn away from the house when Mio spoke up.
"Quite clever, actually, isn't it? Who would expect someone to be kept in a house like that? It looks abandoned, but I bet that's just facade."
He frowned thoughtfully for a moment.
"He won't just believe us. I'd say I distract Mr. Watkins and you and Coraline try to find her body. Then we don't waste any time discussing with him", he suggested, however took Heather's hand right after and motioned his other hand towards her. "What do you think? This is your mission."

Rachel just grinned widely, clearly swooning over her husband for a moment before she gently rested her free hand on his forearm.
Their song...
Elvis Presley.
Can't help falling in love.
And man she really couldn't help it. He was the man of her dreams. More even; the man of her fate.
There was so much they had shared, so many memories, and such hard times. And still they were here.
"Don't I love every romantic idea you come up with for me!", She sighed happily, pausing for just a moment to appreciate the feeling of his hand holding hers.
"Good idea honey", she said at his suggestion, a sweet smile on her face. "Do you wanna get the kids ready and I already pack the Picknick nah, or the other way round?"

Heather took some deep breaths before she looked up into Mio's eyes with a determined smile on her face.
"I say... let's do it.", she replied, nodding, putting her hand on Coraline's shoulder to show her that everything was going to be alright.
"You'll distract him, and I'll teleport Cora and myself into the house. Just- be careful, okay?"
She sorrowfully grabbed Mio's hand and gave it a soft squeeze, quickly giving him a kiss before she just nodded once more.
"You ready?"

"Nah, I'll grab the food. After all the kids haven't said good morning to you yet, sleepyhead!", Jim replied, winking, happily kissing her cheek while he gently dragged her with him out on the hallway.
"I'll see you in a few minutes then. I believe the three are in Will's room, playing."
Giving her another kiss, he let go of her hand and made his way downstairs, quickly turning around once more to give her a sweet smile before he made his way down entirely into the kitchen.

"Of course- after all I still have to take you out on a romantic date, don't I?", Mio mumbled with a soft, loving smile before he looked around for a way to distracts Mr.Watkins.
what if- that should work!
"I got this!", he said , planted a small kiss on heather's cheek and smeared some dirt and and dark red paint over his face and clothes, before he headed for the door, messing up his hair and ripping a few holes into his clothes. thank god he had his stuff for arts class with him. rolling his shoulders for a moment, he winked at heather, looking as if he had just been beaten up badly- before he suddenly slumped down against the door, groaning painfully.
"Argh, please- help-!... help...", he whined.
it didn't take long until an elderly man opened the dorr with big eyes and kneeled down beside Mio.
"What's going on?! what happened to you, boy?"
"they...they robbed me-", Mio groaned, playing so authentically that Coraline had to look away with a pitiful expression on her pale face.
Mio just help up one thumb behind his back, after the old headmaster had helped him up.

Rachel smiled softly, just watching Jim for a moment before she headed for William's room.
"Hey there", she said with a loving smirk, entering the room and kneeling down beside her kids.
"Mommyyy!", William called happily and immediately came running to hug her.
Rachel chuckled gently, holding out her arm to invite the others into a hug as well.
"So, daddy and I had an idea", she explained smirking.
"What do you think of a picnic- at a very special spot in the forest? the spot where we always went to talk and just have a nice time. what do you say?"
"Yesss!"; William cheered immediately, looking up at his mom with big eyes.
"can I choose my clothes myself?"
Rachel grinned softly. "Sure honey."
it didn't take long until William came back with a wide grin on his face, in his new outfit.
"I'm so excited mommyyyyy! Can we go now?!"
"You can already go downstairs and help your dad prepare everything, if you want."
"Okay!"
Still with the same, slightly mad grin, he ran downstairs. "Can i help you, daddy?!"

Heather watched Mio with big eyes, a determination written on her face when he showed her the thumbs-up, which meant it was time for action.
"Okay, now I'll teleport us both in and then we'll go search for your body.", she explained to Coraline, taking her hand and closing her eyes, teleporting themselves into what looked like the living room.
"Where would you hide a body?", she mumbled to herself, a thoughtful frown on her face. Either in plain sight, or somewhere nobody would think of looking...
"The fridge?", she asked, shaking her head. Nah, that'd be just disgusting. But then again, anyone who'd hide a body was disgusting.
"Do you think he hid your body in the basement?", she asked Coraline, whispering silently - ready to hide herself as drops of water on the floor in case Mr.Watkins would suddenly walk in.
Her parents would kill her if they'd find out that she had skipped three lessons and was... breaking into somebody's house to find a body. On her first day at school. As daughter of two professors. Yep, they'd kill her.
"Should we take a look downstairs?"

Jim was just putting some cooking foil around the sandwiches he had made when William burst into the room asking if he could help.
"Well, what about telling me what you'd like to drink? Lemonade? Apple juice? Milk?", he asked, turning around to his youngest son and happily ruffling his hair.
"You really look great, young man.", he said, winking, a soft smirk on his face as he grabbed the dozen sandwiches and put them into the picknick basket, making sure there was still enough space for drinks and maybe some yogurt.
"How was playtime with your sister? Did she make you wear one of her princess dresses again?"

Jack and Angel both ran up to their mother as well, grinning happily as they hugged her tightly.
"You slept like Sleeping Beauty! A hundred years!", Angel said, a serious expression on her face as she looked into her mother's eyes. "And Jack pulled my hair!"
"No, I didn't!", Jack protested, making a seemingly innocent, yet pouty face. "You pulled mine!"
"There's nothing to pull!"
"You broke my favorite car!"
"I didn't! You pulled off the head of Barbie! Murderer!"
Jack was now starting to tear up, shaking his head at his mother.
"I am not a murderer! I'm not bad!"
"You killed Barbie!"
"You killed Lightning McQueen!"
"I didn't!"
"Well I didn't either!"

Coraline was close to rolling her eyes.
it was so annoying to be unable to speak!
urgh-!
she just let out a wheezing sound that probably was meant to be something like 'hm...', before she took out her pen and book again.
It must be somewhere where he can keep it alive for a long time, that means Cardiac monitor, EEG, devices for infusions and ventilation. he must be ventilating me by adding oxygen directly to my blood, since my throat is clogged...
she shrugged, thinking hard.
he needs a lot of space for that. hidden lab?
She was just about to point at the stairs leading into the basement, when she noticed something on the ground.
ants.
ants doing things ants normally didn't do.
shaping... letters?
She With a frown, Coraline tugged Heather's sleeve and pointed at the floor.
W suspicious hurry!
"I don't see any injuries. where's the blood coming from?", Watkins' voice was heard from the living room.
"I eh- they hit my nose. it was bleeding."
"Your nose looks fine. what's going on here?"
HURRY!

"Orange juice!", William declared with an excited grin, already getting the bottle out of the fridge for his dad.
"Can we make pancakes or waffles for the picnic? or both?"
he quickly got a chair and put it down beside Jim, so could climb on it to reach the counter and help him better.
his first picnic! this was so exciting!
"Mommy said you'll take us to a special place. Where you always went when everything was still bad?"

Rachel raised one eyebrow at Angel and Jack, a warning, yet loving expression on her face.
"Now now, you two, is that how we behave to our siblings? I don't know who of you started it, but you both hurt each other. Look, you are sad and angry now because your toys are broken, right? But keep in mind that the other feels just like that."
She gently took the hands of both of them and tilted her head to the side with a slight frown on her face.
"i don't know who of you started it, but that doesn't really matter anyway. Now you see what happens when we are mean to others, no matter who was mean at first.
"Next time I want you to think about how it would make you feel in each others place before you do something mean, okay?"
Her serious expression softened as she gently stroked over Jack and Angel's heads and rested her hands on their backs. "Now, you two. Isn't there something you want to say to eachother?"

Heather immediately fell to the floor in a puddle of water, quickly thanking the ants for helping her out - by now getting extremely worried about her boyfriend.
What if Watkins would know what they were up to?
What if Mio would get hurt?
What if- So many what ifs!
Why couldn't she just talk to him in her thoughts like her dad was able to?
She couldn't do anything right now but hope that Mio would be fine and that Watkins would be too dumb to figure out that something was going on.
If Mio would be in danger, Heather would have no problem jumping up and defending him.

"Currently making pancakes.", Jim replied, winking at his son, a soft smile appearing on his face as William asked about where he'd bring them.
"Yes, indeed. It's a trunk with our initials on it, and whenever one of us didn't feel good we would sit for hours on that trunk just talking and stargazing. We're going there to picknick now."

"But she started it!", Jack called, pointing his finger at Angel who just snapped at him.
"You started! You pulled my hair first!"
"I didn't!"
By now Angel was tearing up as well, and whereas Jack turned away from his sister, she just cuddled tightly against her mother.
"I really didn't start it, mommy! I found my broken barbie and was angry with Jack and then he pulled my hair!"
"Liar!"
"You're a liar!"
"You're a liar!"
"No, you are!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back