Advice/Help Advice on working around the website

NinjaGirlGamer

Call me Ninja
Hi I’m fairly new to this website and just wanted to know my way around. I see a lot of great forums with amazing story plots ,however, these threads have over 100+ replies and already a established set of characters. Is there any advice on how to get into a very detailed active thread? Also feel free to give me other advice since I’m new here

Welcome to RPN!

You can check those useful topics An Introduction to Forum Role-Playing and RPN FAQ that will explain stuff about how this place works, where to look for roleplays etc. But those are the basics.

I assume you're talking about group RP here.

If you want to join existing roleplays, usually they have something in the title saying [open] or [closed]. If it says open, then it means the roleplay is still accepting new players. For that you can contact the GM and ask for details.
If it says closed, it means they don't accept new players at this time.

You can also browse through Interest check threads. Those are situated in Looking for group subforum. There you can usually look for roleplays that are just starting and express your interest. If enough people signs up and roleplay starts, the DM will tell you where and how to post your characters and so on ^^

I hope that helps. My knowledge of group roleplays is fairly basic, as I only do 1x1, but it's just some general stuff that should help you to get around at first. And then hopefully people who do group rp will expand on that ^^

Welcome to RPN!

You can check those useful topics An Introduction to Forum Role-Playing and RPN FAQ that will explain stuff about how this place works, where to look for roleplays etc. But those are the basics.

I assume you're talking about group RP here.

If you want to join existing roleplays, usually they have something in the title saying [open] or [closed]. If it says open, then it means the roleplay is still accepting new players. For that you can contact the GM and ask for details.
If it says closed, it means they don't accept new players at this time.

You can also browse through Interest check threads. Those are situated in Looking for group subforum. There you can usually look for roleplays that are just starting and express your interest. If enough people signs up and roleplay starts, the DM will tell you where and how to post your characters and so on ^^

I hope that helps. My knowledge of group roleplays is fairly basic, as I only do 1x1, but it's just some general stuff that should help you to get around at first. And then hopefully people who do group rp will expand on that ^^

I been looking around the Fantasy forums and the interest checks. A lot of them have detailed story plot. Is there anywhere on this website to start small?

if that intimidates you, you can try starting with 1x1 maybe? It's a roleplay with just one other person, and you will create the plot together from the start. Maybe that will help to get into things and get used to the forum and then you can attempt group roleplays ^^

I been looking around the Fantasy forums and the interest checks. A lot of them have detailed story plot. Is there anywhere on this website to start small?
Since I don't have a lot of time today, I'll try to keep this direct and small, so do forgive me on that. Anyway, it seems to me that your issues have one of two solutions.

1. Your innitial post gave me the impression that you are looking at the wrong section. It would appear that you are looking into the fantasy section were roleplays are already ongoing and likely not accepting new members, while you should be looking at the looking for group fantasy subforum.

Basically put you don't want to go Here , instead you want to go here

2. If instead you were already looking at interest checks, then to start small you may want to join roleplays that call themselves "casual" or "semi-detailed", as those tend to have loose restrictions and rarely applicable requirements. Look for a plot and style that suits you within those, this is, assuming you want to do group roleplays (if you're just looking for a simple roleplay partner, then do as Onmyoji Onmyoji suggeste and go to the 1x1 section. Right now I don't have time to fetch you all the links, but tomorrow after my exam I can bring you a bunch if you'd like).

hope this helps

For 1x1 roleplays you can look for partners here. It's a forum where people post their interest checks. And you can also make yours and specify what you would like to rp, maybe someone will answer your call!

Idea Idea made a good point about 'casual' or 'semi-detailed'. I kinda missed that one. But that's exactly what you need to 'start small' in group roleplays. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back