• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Adventures of the Flying Access

Watching the Robot leave the cargo bay, Glass unbuckled himself and stood up to follow him. Just before he left the room he paused and turned toward The Doctor "I didn't mean to knock you down earlier. Sorry about that." not lingering to talk more. Glass was out of the room. Glass listened quietly as the Robot spoke to the Captain.

Their conversation was cut short. Our ship was under fire.
"Get to one of the turrets." The Captain ordered. "I'll do what I can." Glass said as he moved to the opposite turret of the Robot. Getting into the gunner pod, Glass began to synchronize his mechanical arm and eye to the controls of the gun.

Now that he could see outside, Glass couldn't help but notice how skillfully the ship he was on was spinning and weaving through a barage of fire from the pursuing ships. He had no doubt in his mind that our pilot was a master of their craft.
"Impressive" Glass mumbled to himself as he took aim and began to lay down fire on the enemy vessels.

The g-force tugging Daidai back into his chair slowly faded as the ship ventured further away from the chaos-ridden planet, though the allure of peace did not last long. As soon as he started preparing for a delayed jump, Daidai was interrupted by a jolt and a loud burst. He quickly looked for the radar, only to see five smaller ships trailing closely.

“Fuck!” Daidai shouted. “Ten seconds until we can jump! Everyone hold on!” He began snaking through the space, aiming to avoid as much fire as possible.

8.. 7.. 6.. Two smaller bursts echoed from the middle left of the vessel above the closed cargo door.

3.. 2.. 1!.. There was a slight pause before the Access suddenly shot forward, jumping with enough energy to blow away all five of the attackers.

Vahn was just looking at the engine and thinking to himself about what he should add onto the ship the Flying Access before muttering out loud.

Vahn: Right I should consider adding an onboard communicator so that whenever I use my speakers, the crew can talk back to me....oh maybe I can jury rig some sort of space mechanized drone or mechanized unit to help repair the ship when we are stuck in space for long duration of time.... Might put me out of a job but then again, its a lot less risky than wearing space jumpsuit and doing it myself.....Probably when we get some more money to spend.

Vahn suddenly felt the movements of the ship as it slip and moved avoiding the barrage of fire as he muttered to himself again.

Vahn: Cameras....need to put that on the list.....ummmm extra power cores are also on the list.

Then the jump flinging them away from their attackers, Vahn hopefully thinks. Vahn did not feel any push back and he thought maybe just maybe they were out of it as he flips a switch on his console at the engineering bay to activate his modified installed speakers.

Vahn: Okay with that out of the way, I'm going to activate the anti-gravity generators so that we can walk around and possibly do a meet and greet? Also have not fully installed the two way system at the moment, its one way....I will get to it soon well umm after fixing the rest of my to do list. Engineer out.

Vahn would flip the switch to turn of the speakers before routing some power to anti-gravity generators to stabilize the onboard gravity within the ship so that no one would hit the ceilings or smack into the walls as dull ding can be heard throughout the ship to indicate that the anti-gravity generators are on and that it is safe to walk about the ship.

On board United Galaxy Battle Cruiser liberty.

Commodore Reginald Vickers watched as the last ship was able to evade them. "Status." He said with a thick upper class Arcadian accent.

"The ship evaded us and Jumped." His lower class subordinate said Reginald sneered in disgust. He hated working with these incompetent plebs.
"Did you at least get the name of the ship." He said.

"The ." The ensign looked at the name. "Probable Horse Shoe." The ensign cocked it's head. "What's a horse?"

"Put out a search for any Storm Hawk class vessels." He said. "We're find them."

Last edited:
Just as he was making his way to the turrets, the ship moved again in a blur of hyper-acceleration, blurring beyond the speed of light. He cursed as he stumbled, lacking clamps to keep him in place as he thudded against the walls with a hefty clank. His hands gripped a creaking handle, forcing it to endure his weight as he pulled himself to his feet.

It seemed he didn't need to get on the turret after all.

"Are they tailing us?" He asked, heading back to the cockpit and wiping some dust off of his body.

It wasn't until Cilphi had felt the ship shudder into the jump that she even thought to unstrap herself and begin feeling useful again. She felt like kind of a lump when it came to calls to action, but knowing that a jump gave them some moments of peace gave her the opportunity to make sure everyone on board was unharmed.

Walking across the cockpit to wait around where she had seen Glass go, the doctor listened quietly to the others, hoping to get a better grasp on the situation and everyone's wellbeing, and maybe a chance to see how far away the next planet, Rishi, was. Honestly, she was just trying to keep her head down, and get to the destination with no further incident. These people were kinder than most to let her aboard, so as much as she was already beginning to like them, she didn't want them to get caught up in her issues. She mostly just wanted to repay their kindness somehow, then get out of her hair.

When she finally caught sight of Glass, she gave him a small smile, motioned to his injured arm, and then nodded to a spot where she could look at it out of the way, but near enough to the others that they could hear what was going on. "Mind if I give that a look?" Glass seemed to need the most immediate attention, currently, and since no one seemed too worse for wear, she decided she'd check in on everyone else after fixing him up.

Teapot groaned, tossing and turning in her bed, a pillow held over her head. Truth be told, she hadn’t done anything but feel sorry for herself for the past two hours--UG raids were always so… violent. It hurt feeling all the fear and hate and anger and… broken skulls... and other bad and not nice things.

There were times she wished she wasn’t an empath. Times like these when it all accumulated in the worst headache.

So Teapot did what anyone would do--go for a lie down and cry until it’s over. The tub of icecream had been finished off twenty minutes ago. She had considered getting another, but that meant getting up and going to the kitchen. Besides, she knew it was nearly over.

Then the jump happened, and the headache began to fade. Teapot breathed a sigh of relief, letting the pillow go. Slowly, she pushed herself upright, rubbing the base of her horns, and beamed in a wide toothy smile. They were finally here.

Straightening up her jumper, Teapot strode out to meet their guests. She paused for a moment as she closed her door, drawing from her forememory.* “ cockpit, cockpit…” A nod. That’s where they’re meant to be. She took a moment to ensure her claws were hidden as inconspicuously as possible before entering the cockpit.

“They’re not tailing us.” She said. “Though… they’ll no doubt be looking for us.” She looked between the three new arrivals. A diverse group, they somehow looked different in the present than they had when this moment was a vision of the future. People always do look different. “Welcome aboard our ship, doctor Xe'lok, Glass and 15!” She gave them each a slight bow. “It is great to meet you in the present! You will have a spectacular time here.”

She waited nervously for their reactions--her forememory went blank at this point.

*Forememory: refers to the memory of a precognision; something that will happen in the future.

Glass had just returned from the gunners seat as he was greeted by The Doctor. "Mind if I give that a look?" she said, motioning to the spike impaled through his cybernetic right arm. "It's more of a mechanical problem than a medical one. It's been there for about a month now. Nothing urgent, just whenever you have a chance." She motioned to a place off to the side of the group when a Hinklin in a jumpsuit entered the room and greeted all of the new arrivals by name.

Glass had only ever heard of Hinklins. This one seemed rather cheery and nervous. He had heard stories of their psychic abilities. Perhaps them knowing all their names was some testiment to that. "Nice to meet you" Glass replied to the Hinklin.

Glass quietly surveyed the ships crew noone here seemed to be a trained fighter, save for the captain, The robot(15 was it?) And himself. Perhaps he could make himself useful as a gun for hire? Glass planned to approach the Captain later.

Drake watched as the star lines rescinded becoming normal. He checked the sensors and saw no UG ships in the area. "We're clear." He got up and looked at the people assembled in the cockpit. "Daidai set a course for Rishi then come to the main room." Drake said before walking past everyone. "Everyone fallow me." Vahn main room." He shouts thinking the ship needed a proper pa system.

McGregor opened a door showing a room with with two sofas, a table and a full bar. There was a blaster semi constructed a rag on the table. McGregor was in the process of cleaning it before everything went down. "So I think some introductions are in order."

Teapot grinned as Drake opened the door. She had taken the liberty to hide a whoopee cushion under one of the sofas' cushions--a little humour hardly goes amiss.

"Introductions! Always fun!" With a smooth motion she was behind the bar, opening a few cupboards and pulling out two glasses. Into one she poured McGregor a shot of bourbon and slid it along with the touch of a claw. The other she filled to the brim with lemon juice. She eyed the pale yellow liquid and flicked her tongue. "Anyone else want something?"

"Welcome aboard our ship, doctor Xe'lok, Glass and 15! It is great to meet you in the present! You will have a spectacular time here.”

Whatever train of thought Cilphi had been following fizzled into nothing at the sound of her name coming from the new individual's mouth. Her conversation with Glass, and all intentions to patch him up, stopped as quickly as they had started as she blinked up at the Hinklin in the cockpit.

It had been nearly two years since she had given anyone a moniker other than "The Doctor," so just hearing it come so casually from someone else was... well, startling. Outwardly she stayed relatively cool, but the doctor knew enough about Hinklins to know that this one probably knew a lot about her- much more than she was comfortable sharing with a ship full of practical strangers. The realization made Cilphi apprehensive, but mostly it made her want to turn tail and leave. The more that people knew of or about her, the more likely they were to get swept up into her mess, and that's the last thing she wanted. Keeping her distance, both personally and physically, had always the easiest way to prevent this.

Cilphi fought down her flight reflex (it's not like there was anywhere to run to in the middle of space), and quietly filtered after the captain into the main room with the others.

She gave the Hinklin a gentle shake of her head at the open offer of a drink. "Nothing for me. Thank you," the doctor said, claiming a spot at the end of bar, nearest to the door. She shrugged off her lab coat and tied it around her waist, then leaned against the bar top, casual but reserved, as she waited for the others to come in for introductions.

Vahn would hear the shouting of the Captain Drake McGregor. "Vahn main room. "

Ahh yes, the main room or as Vahn likes to call it The Tavern of the Flying Access but first things first, Vahn would place a simple wooden sign on the engineering console and it simply reads At the Tavern be back in fifteen Dwarven minutes. At this he made a smile before going to his tool box and searching for his special cup. Vahn pulls out a 9.5 inches tall Dwarvenware (Dwarf made clay) Beer Stein (which can hold about 1 litre of liquid) had a special design of two dwarves lumberjacks cutting down a large pine tree. Vahn would start to make his way to the main room all the while singing to himself.

Vahn: "Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho....from work to pub we go."

Vahn added a few whistles as he passes by Captain Drake McGregor who seems to be working on semi-constructed blaster in the main room. Giving just a simply nod to Captain Drake McGregor before passing a Hidnorian wearing what seems to be a black lab coat, hmm maybe a doctor or science officer? Plus she seems to be seating next to the bar but at the far end and close to the door as he passes her, he would give the same quiet nod that he gave the Captain before heading to the chairs at the middle of the bar where he saw the Hinklin First Officer Teapot behind the bar. Vahn would make the attempt to climb onto the chair which was a bit high as he made his jump to grab the tip of the chair before using his good right arm to lift his body up to the seat all the while making sure his left arm was still holding his beer stein safe and sound. Vahn smiling to himself for his efforts now he faces Teapot before speaking.

Vahn: "I got my cup... What we got to drink?"

Vahn full attention was on Teapot and the possible drinks in the bar.

"How did you know my name?" The massive machine looked over at teapot, head notably carning forward to focus on the alien. His voice while clearly artificial, had steeled itself. It was almost as if there was another voice layered beneath his own; bassy, deep, and distorted.

Given that is name had already been given, that just saved him some trouble. His head swivelled on his neck-socket, looking over the collected, mismatched group. He wondered if the rest of them knew beforehand. Better if not; you lived longer the less your name was rolled off of someone else's tongue.

"I am a cyborg. I solve problems. Usually very directly. Sometimes I cause them. I generally don't like to be in the open." He spoke, gradually leaning back to sit on one of the larger chairs. Outlined subtly against his cloak, the handle of some weapon and the outline of some enormous firearm. The cloak itself was enormous too to fit his frame - it could blanket a small family with its size.

There wasn't much else to say. He wasn't really lying; simply being a little more abstract than he otherwise would about his line of work. He wasn't the sort to open up that much, especially to strangers. The fact that he was eight feet of monstrous metal and molded biomass with a skeletal rictus glare for a face usually filled it in for others. Sometimes, judging by appearances was useful.

Daidai let out a sigh of relief, sinking into his chair. After all had left the cockpit, he slithered to the edge of his seat, extending his arms upward and shoulders back, stretching them for just a moment, until he was satisfied with a few light pops. Daidai finished his post-jump stretch with two twists of his body, and a glance in the monitor that affirmed the clearing of his facial chromatophores. A few button presses later, the ship was on auto-course to Rishi.

Strutting through the short halls of the ship, Daidai quickly found himself entering the main room where the others resided. He took no time to acknowledge any of the new faces sitting in the large room, b-lining it directing to the kitchen area and shuffling around in one of the cabinets.

Daidai took a few steps away from the cabinet before holding up a small neon green package in one hand, and loudly snapping with the other. “I know exactly how many Zenos are left. If one goes missing, I will fly us directly into the closest black hole.”

Daidai walked around the bar to the end closest to the outer window. He perched on the tall stool, one leg crossed over the other. He split the top of the bag, slipping in his nimble fingers and pulling out a golden puff. “I’ll take a strawberry-kulai soda,” Daidai said, his eyes remaining unshifted from his Holo-Tab (space smartphone). He flipped through bright colorful screens with his right hand and flicked puffs into his mouth with his left.

(Daidai is still wearing his short fin-mesh bodysuit and tridacna platforms, along with a couple of small pearl bracelets and a pearl anklet. In these shoes, Diadai stands around 6'8".)

Glass was hesitant about removing his helmet infront of others. How long had it been since he had let someone see his face? He didn't get the feeling that he needed to be wary of these people. Besides, he really did need a drink. Luckily, his helmet had a half measure that fit this situation perfectly.

Glass stepped to an open barstool. As he sat down the dark, mirror-tinted visor raised from his chin to reveal his mouth, while still covering the rest of his face. From the lower half of his face you could tell he was human, albeit a human covered in burns and scars with a pale complection that suggested his skin nearly never saw the light of day.

He took a moment to savor breathing open air before speaking "You can call me Glass. I solve problems for a living. Loud, quiet, distant, up close, whatever is needed." His voice was much smoother than you woukd expect in comparison to the crackling tones of the modulator on his helmet. He looked over to The Captain "Since you've been so gracious as to help my friend and I escape the UG, I'll work in exchange for room and board, until we reach Rishi that is"

Glass looked at The Hinklin "Jin and Juice if you have it. No ice please." Glass paused for a moment "It's nice to meet you all, thankyou for letting us aboard"

Daidai kept a special cupboard stocked with bottles of his favourite drinks. Teapot cracked open a bottle of strawberry-kulai soda and tipped the contents into a glass for him. "I remember you 15, at least well enough to know your name." She chuckled softly, taking out a bottle of lime juice and another of gin. "Wouldn't be a very good Hinklin if I couldn't at least remember that."

She smiled at 15 as she finished mixing the gin and juice. "Glass, your glass." she declared, nodding her head at it.

Just then, Vahn entered the room. Teapot beamed, rushing over to a cupboard further away. "Welcome! Welcome! We still have that Grathr-Urngor Scotch here." She said, taking out an impressively large, grey jug with both hands. Its sides bore dwarven runes she couldn't understand, though the greyscale drawing of a jolly, if piss-drunk, troll she could. "Fancy it?"

Ahh when Teapot mentioned Grathr-Urngor Scotch, how could he say no with wide grin on his face he stroke his beard before replying to Teapot: "fill her up" as he waited for the grey beer stein to be filled up with Grathr-Urngor Scotch he heard the cyborg mention that he was there to solve problems the direct way and Vahn was about to comment before the next problem solver spoke out and said that he was Glass who can do loud, quiet, distant, up close and what ever is needed.

Vahn thought to himself that maybe this was a meet and greet so while he wait for his beer stein. He raised his hand and simply said.

Vahn: I'm Vahn...in case if you missed the Captain shouting my name...current only Engineer of this ship so if there any needed repairs most defintiely I will be there. Also please no rush jobs unless its an emergency otherwise please fill out the digital forms on the computer console located at your future private quarters....

Vahn would shift his attention to Captain Drake McGregor before saying his next part.

Vahn: I tried to install a public address or PA system unfortunately I'm using left over speakers that was meant to be installed on a racer starfighter so not all the rooms are covered. I set up an amplifier emulator program in the engineering bay console to help modulate the volume but I have also installed a microphone at the engineering bay console and I was not able to install the second microphone yet as we were ordered to do a lift off......Also pretty sure you didn't give the okay for this so I had to use the spare pieces from my last job rather than buying new ones....unless you want me to start removing it?

Drake listened to all of them. He grabbed his brandy and downed it before speaking. "I'm Captain Drake McGregor. Welcome aboard." He looked at Glass and nodded. "There is stuff to be done around the ship I'll let you know."

He then turned his attention Vahn. "You're PA idea is approved. Get the necessary and compatible parts on Rishi and have it charged to my account." He Said before looking at every one.

"As you all know we're headed to Rishi to pick up cargo and get paid . Since the UG got in the way at the original site." Drake opened a holo map of the Galaxy. He zoomed in showing the planets place in the universe. "What you may not know is Rishi is a Sentinel controlled planet so if you have a problem with them I recommend keeping quiet." He breathed slowly. "From Rishi you should be able to get a ride off planer to any destinations you wish." He said

"This sounds good to me," Cilphi replied in response to Captain Drake. Hearing some of the introductions around her and now knowing the next plan put her a bit at ease, and she figured it wouldn't be too problematic if a few capable looking strangers knew her name. She had an out if she needed it. It would be fine. Cilphi gave the others in the room a little wave, taking her moment to properly introduce herself. "My name is Dr.Xe'lok, by the way, as some of you already heard," she said, sparing the Hinklin another glance. "You can just call me Doctor, though, or any variation of the sort: Doc, Sawbones, I've heard it all. I'll answer to whatever."

One of the doctor's hands moved to her shoulder, rubbing the knots there. "Though I don't have many supplies on me, I'd also like to thank you all for helping me and Glass: if anyone has been hurt, or even if you just want something akin to a general checkup, please don't hesitate to come to me. I'll be here to help."

Glass finished his drink as everyone introduced themselved. The crew began to make small talk and enjoy the evening, a stark change of atmosphere from the commotion earlier.

Glass turned to Daidai in the chair next to him "Your skill behind the wheel is impressive. Thanks for the quick getaway. So, how far away is Rishi from here?"

Onboard the UGS Liberty.

Commodore Vickers sat in his quarters sipping tea as he watched an Almecian being tortured threw his holo screen. He always enjoyed this part of their post round up missions. Watching the guilty get what they deserve for trying to break the status quo. When will they learn their place those filthy lower class peasants.

He took another sip of his tea as his door alarm beeped. "Come in." He said unamused.
His subordinate lieutenant Hulerian a green skinned reptilian from some mongrel race he couldn't be bothered to remember. He looked at it "Report."

"Ssskallkn ruessseax."He said his S's were overly stretched out. "Member of Sssentinelsss." That caught Vickers attention. If this filthy dog beast was a Sentinel and he had valuable information it could give him enough points for him to get an Admiral ranking.
"What has he said." Vickers said gleeful.
Nothing sssir. But we have computer from ssship. He had a meeting with a D. McGregor for Ssservicesss." Vickers eyes bulged at the name. "Drake McGregor?" He said remembering a young Buck Sargent who dared question his appointed officers orders as if they were equals.

The reptilian vermin just looked at him. "Maybe sssir. We ran hisss name and discovered a Ssstorm Hawk Corvette is registered to him. The Flying Accesss" Vickers smiled a sickly smile as he thought back to the Storm Hawk that evaded them. "Have navigation find out where our little friend junked to." He looked at the screen. "I can use an Almecian furred cape." He said before leaving his quarters.

Vahn waited while Teapot gathered the bottle Grathr-Urngor Scotch as he nodded to himself at Captain Drake McGregor reply, He was not sure if Teapot was on the ship during the initial test of his impromptu public address system as he thought maybe just maybe he woke her up or maybe not....

Vahn: Umm Teapot you okay over there or you need some help?

Maybe it was the guilt of waking her up or maybe it was the fact that he could now acquire parts of the PA system but for what ever reason Vahn seems to be anxious. Vahn still remembers his last job and was not comfortable leaving the ship by himself. However he still remembers that he still needs a few more parts and would need to leave the ship and the docks but he started thinking he should bring along someone to help out but who? He started looking around while waiting for his drink for something to start a conversation with someone.

"Go on about how much you remember, hinklin. I have never seen your kind before. In the circles I frequent, a stranger who knows too much usually is a stranger found missing one week later and hanging from a lamp-post in another." The almost monotone voice of the huge machine bordered on sarcasm if only due to the semi-digitized scrape dis-harmonizing with his words. The slow grinding of its gears hinted at a worse violence than what the captain had witnessed with a mere dumpster. His hands were large; the sort that could easily fit a whole human head inside their iron, semi-skeletal grip.

He stepped closer, leaning onto the counter, casually taking the class in his hand as his complex electronics scanned it.

Glass quietly watched the exchange between Teapot and 15, wondering if he was threatening her or if his default demeanor was just threatening. Looking over the hulking mass of machinery, Glass was falling short trying to imagine a way to fight something like him that wouldn't also destroy the ship. He pushed those thoughts to the corner of his mind while waiting to see how Teapot responded.

He looked at the empty glass in front of him. Remebering that the ratio of his drink was perfect, exactly as he would have made for himself. He closed the visor on his helmet now that he had finished his drink, re-obscuring his entire face with the mirrored black visor.

"Your skill behind the wheel is impressive. Thanks for the quick getaway. So, how far away is Rishi from here?"

Daidai continued flipping through screens and typing on his holo-tab, ignoring the man’s words. After a couple of minutes of awkward radio silence from the man, Daidai finally swiveled his chair in his direction. “Thanks, I’m used to flying starfighters,” Daidai cocked his head slightly and made a presenting gesture with his hand, “but sometimes pieces of shit guarantee a more stable income.”

Daidai tilted his head back, downing the last of his drink. “We should allegedly arrive on Rishi in a few hours, but I’ve never actually been, so no promises.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back