• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero

Arya Tinuviel

Arya's eyes settled on the egg that the man, Johnathan, held up. Dragon? Her curiosity was piqued even more. The water at her feet spiked ever so subtly with some annoyance at the man as she heard that the poor thing had fallen down the mountain, but she kept her disapproval to herself for the time being. After all, this was the closest she had ever been to another dragon before, she wasn't about to let the opportunity go to waste. "Sapphira is a pretty name," Arya commented, mostly directing the comment towards the egg. She finally turned her attention towards the man again, once more putting on a disarming smile. "Arya, Arya Tinuviel. Lovely to meet you," she responded in a friendly tone, holding out an armored hand for a handshake. The puddle at her feet bubbled faster as she did, as she felt anxious having someone touch her even through her armor, but that was the only indication of anything other than perfect friendliness.

"I actually came to this mountain in search of that castle. I had overheard in town that it was abandoned, but had just been given to a noble family, so I figured that I would, eh... save the nobles from having to do some extra cleanup, picking things up around the place...that sort of thing," the girl shrugged. This is strange, talking for so long and so much, the girl thought, though she was determined to keep up the friendly persona and keep the conversation going. On the one hand, she wanted very much to get away, to be secluded and alone and safe; on the other hand, however...she felt like she really needed to know more from the ice dragon still in her egg. She turned her attention back towards the egg now. "Sorry if it's unwelcome, but may I ask you a few questions? I've never met a dragon before. Oh! Of course I wouldn't want to waste both of your time, but I could buy your...uh...father a drink or a good meal in town if you'll put up with me for a bit," she offered, directing her speech to Sapphira.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arya Tinuviel

Arya's eyes settled on the egg that the man, Johnathan, held up. Dragon? Her curiosity was piqued even more. The water at her feet spiked ever so subtly with some annoyance at the man as she heard that the poor thing had fallen down the mountain, but she kept her disapproval to herself for the time being. After all, this was the closest she had ever been to another dragon before, she wasn't about to let the opportunity go to waste. "Sapphira is a pretty name," Arya commented, mostly directing the comment towards the egg. She finally turned her attention towards the man again, once more putting on a disarming smile. "Arya, Arya Tinuviel. Lovely to meet you," she responded in a friendly tone, holding out an armored hand for a handshake. The puddle at her feet bubbled faster as she did, as she felt anxious having someone touch her even through her armor, but that was the only indication of anything other than perfect friendliness.

"I actually came to this mountain in search of that castle. I had overheard in town that it was abandoned, but had just been given to a noble family, so I figured that I would, eh... save the nobles from having to do some extra cleanup, picking things up around the place...that sort of thing," the girl shrugged. This is strange, talking for so long and so much, the girl thought, though she was determined to keep up the friendly persona and keep the conversation going. On the one hand, she wanted very much to get away, to be secluded and alone and safe; on the other hand, however...she felt like she really needed to know more from the ice dragon still in her egg. She turned her attention back towards the egg now. "Sorry if it's unwelcome, but may I ask you a few questions? I've never met a dragon before. Oh! Of course I wouldn't want to waste both of your time, but I could buy your...uh...father a drink or a good meal in town if you'll put up with me for a bit," she offered, directing her speech to Sapphira.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Mountainside

Seeing the water bubble at her feet, Johnathan opted out of shaking her hand. "It's fine. Your water seems to be against it. No offense taken if it wasn't intended. Nice to meet you, Arya. You're free to talk to Sapphira. It depends on her though."

Sapphira was busy obsessing over her new name and John calling her by it. "I love my new name," she said lovingly. She was swooning over it, her voice high as was any little girl's, but was fangirling over it. One could almost see the hearts coming out of it

"Sapphira, do you want to talk to the lady or not?"

"Oh... Uhh uh oh I ........." She was processing the request. She hadn't heard a thing Arya said. "Sure. I'll answer anything so long as it's within my power, knowledge, and whatever my father allows me to talk about." What should be kept in mind was that she was an egg. While her knowledge was beyond her years, it was still somewhat limited

"Guess that's that. Let's get going. I'll allow you and Sapphira to talk privately in the bar" but monitored of course

Toza Ruthgard
The wind on his face. The sun on his back. Toza's own boundless stamina never ceased to amaze him. He tilted his head back and laughed heartily, happy to live an unburdened life. Looking over his shoulder, it seemed as if someone else was in a running mood too. It didn't take long to realize this new person was trying his hardest to speak to him, and Toza slowed his pace to a brisk walk.

"Aye! I'm Toza. The one and only!" He declared proudly.

He looked the boy up and down, taking note of his pointed ears. Identifying the boy as an elf should have been a no brainer, but something about him was slightly off. Toza didn't dwell on his race too long, more amazed that someone managed to catch up with him, exhausted or not.

"And who might you be?" He asked.

Birdsie Birdsie

Medraut Bleak
Abandoned Mountain

"I'm a... huge fan! I've heard stories and happened to be passing through. When I saw you up from that cliff?! I thought I was dreaming!" the boy replied excitedly, barely containing his reverence. He was one step away from squealing like a clingy fangirl. "I-I'm sorry for t-this behavior, s-sir! I just wanted to ask... can you write? I really want to have an autograph from Toza himself," the half-elf explained, almost blushing from embarrassment.

He grinned sheepishly. "You're one of my inspirations for actually going out and adventuring," he genuinely admitted. His mother was, of course, the other.

Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie

A Common City && A Common Crime

Splotches of white blurred her vision and the aching sensation coming from her nose was giving her one hell of a headache. Fortunately the impact against the wall hardly altered her memory, and the pent-up frustration on being robbed helped her recover quickly.

Norunni wiped a few tears that managed to spill in reaction to the sudden collision, and she cursed quietly as she felt the water made light wet streaks across her face.
"Tough luck, I guess,"
The dwarfkin's head quickly turned around to face the source of the voice. As the other spoke, she went back to standing on her own two feet and rubbing her sniffling nose. She wasn't crying because she was robbed, seriously she isn't a child, it was from the wall.

Before she could introduce herself, or even tell him to mind his own god-damn business, the impressive masked man walked onward and left her with a pat on the shoulder.
"Oi, oi! I'm still gonna come with ya! It's my STUFF, after all!" Noru cried as she ran after him; she actually had to jog slightly to keep up with his walking pace. For caution, she stayed on the other side of him too, the wolf may look docile but she didn't want to become dog food no matter what.

The Black Market, she remembered from the lizardman she talked to before, looked much drearier than the Common Market. And of course, it was packed with probably the majority of the scum of Tizca - proven true by the amount of thieves and cut-throat fools that suddenly appeared to play a game of death with Ventrue.

Norunni had prepared to fight back as well, body tense and sword-hand gripping the hilt of her Terra Blade. In the beginning, she was just hanging back as Ventrue seemed to handle everything pretty decently but she continued to have her sword-hand ready to defend herself; that was until the thief that took her knapsack called for help.
It was like watching swarms of rats come, and more idiots appeared; a few with pathetic excuses of daggers and possibly stolen ornament swords.

Norunni's eyes widened as she felt air rush behind her, and her sword-hand whipped out her blade and bit deeply into the waist of one of the thieves. She watched him stagger back and she scoffed, before pointing the tip of her Terra Blade at the stone ground beneath him. The earth sigils on the blade glowed a brown hue before the ground that the thief was standing on cracked and shattered, opening up a decently-sized crater that immobilised him.

The dwarfkin's gaze returned back to the main fight and then she realised how MANY rats were actually there. A few of them saw what she did, and even more had witnessed the beatings that Ventrue had done yet none of them backed off.
"Complete...stupid...idiots. None of ya can open my knapsack anyways!" Noru grumbled as she brandished her blade. However, the masked man made a peculiar movement that caught her eye.
"Care to help me? I have an idea in mind."

She noticed a sphere-shaped mechanism in his hand, and she looked at it before looking at the surrounding thieves that were slowly advancing.
Norunni half-grinned, lowering her blade and giving him a single "gun-finger" gesture.
"I get where you're gettin' at! DO IT!"

And then smoke filled the area, hindering everyone's peripheral vision. She coughed and spluttered with the rest, but she sheathed her blade and dashed forward; the white glow of air sigils by her boots visible throughout the smoke. Noru must've bumped into the wolf because she swore she heard a soft "woof" somewhere in there, but she managed to locate the thief that stole her knapsack, as the centre part of it was resonating with the same glow that her boots had.

Norunni gritted her teeth as she realised that they were holding it tightly by their chest.
"Ya son of a nut!" She growled as she kicked hard and furious at his nether regions, which caused the thief to bellow a painful but airy gasp and release her knapsack, which she caught before it fell to the ground.
"I would spit at you and call you names or something but the smoke's getting into my eyes -- but I hope you have trouble making kids someday, idiot." Noru huffed at him before speeding back past Ventrue and back to the Common Market.

There she slumped against the wall, gasping for her own fresh air.

coding; allrightsreserved crucialstar
no slide

Arya Tinuviel

"Oh, sorry, it's relatively harmless, just a little...quirk," Arya gave another disarming smile as she explained away the bubbling water at her feet, though she did retract her hand from the previously offered handshake, the water calming down just a tad, though it still bubbled just more slowly now. She waited patiently for the egg to decide whether she would like to talk to her or not, and when she finally agreed, Arya smiled, but a different smile than before. This time her smile seemed more...genuine. It was a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless. "That settles it! Let's go," she agreed, already thinking of all the things she wanted to ask as she began to walk. Nothing too difficult, really, she was more interested in Sapphira herself, even though she was still an egg.

As Arya walked, the puddle of water following her around slowly but surely became more and more calm as she seemed to get used to John's presence, though it never fully stopped bubbling. Once they neared Tizca City, however, it began to bubble faster again, to the point where it looked like it was boiling. Her friendly demeanor that she had upheld around John so as not to scare him off faded off a bit, and while she put on the friendly mask when talking or facing him, to others nearby her face was completely blank and emotionless, or sometimes they'd get a glare sent in their direction if they got too close for comfort, Arya's predator's aura typically causing those to scramble back in fear. The result of this was that there was almost like a bubble of empty space around them as they walked in the normally crowded streets.

Soon, they made it to the bar, and Arya walked in briskly, glad to be away from the crowded streets, even if it was still a decently-crowded bar. Several patrons did a double-take of their drinks as the girl walked in, as the liquid inside began to bubble as well. Arya turned to John. "Order whatever you like, it's on me. Oh, but if you order a drink, I'm sorry in advance if it starts bubbling. It'll still be safe to drink, though," she reassured him with an apologetic smile. She waited semi-patiently for him to order so that she could talk to Sapphira and begin asking questions.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue
Tizca City - Black Market > Market

Ventrue smirked. He threw the smoke bomb down at the floor. As its metallic shell came into strong impact with the stone of the earth, it exploded and left behind a white, agitating smoke that quickly covered a vast area. The various thugs of numerous races started coughing, as little could see and resist the somnolent haze. Taking this as a good chance to enjoy himself, Ventrue sheathed his sword and threw a few punches there and there. He felt his fists clashing against meat and leather of the criminals around him - kind of lucky that none of them happened to wear hard armor or his fists would have suffered. As soon as the smoke began to slowly, but surely clear out, he decided it was time to bail.

Ventrue had vacated with his friend, leaving the thugs befuddled and possibly fighting each other.

The masked human and his wolf made their way out of the black market. Ventrue frowned - he didn't have a chance to give any of the people there a proper thrashing. Not many of them were really taught manners at all, but that didn't matter right now. For now, it was enough of a relief that he helped someone and that no one lawful was ultimately hurt by the crime. Ventrue walked up to Norunni and asked her a question, just to make sure she was fine. "You good? Man, I hate scum like him. It's bad enough that there's already plenty of corruption in the kingdom, but then there's spineless bastards and thieves. I have a personal vendetta against such people. They disgust me to the core," he frowned as he explained his motivation. "As a kid, I used to get bullied a lot. I had to learn to stand up to myself and to beat the cowardly scoundrels. Then I discovered that most of them came from abusive families, with bandit fathers, thief mothers, and so on. I eventually learned that the only way to get rid of evil is to take it all out of the earth along with the roots. I suppose that guy deserves the kick, and who knows - you might have made the world a better place."

Ventrue stood in silence for a moment, then smiled and reached out his hand to Norunni. "Ventrue. Pleased to meet you. Nice fighting, by the way. You can handle yourself."

Vol Vol

Norunni straightened herself up when she heard the padding of paws and the clinking of boots coming her way, though she still leaned against the wall for support. Stuff like that was FUN, but it never ceased to tucker her out for a bit. Even if she barely did nothing in comparison to the other -- she still felt like she did pretty damn good.

"You good? Man, I hate scum like him. It's bad enough that there's already plenty of corruption in the kingdom, but then there's spineless bastards and thieves. I have a personal vendetta against such people. They disgust me to the core,"

The dwarfkin quirked a brow, listening on to whatever Ventrue wanted to stay, as she pushed off of the wall and stretched -- short arms towards the sky and back slightly bent back.
"I'm great, and to be honest, would've been great even without the help but 'tis still appreciated. And, uh, thanks for telling me that I guess?" She simply replied and patted her knapsack that was back to its rightful place, on her back.

Norunni never did bother with "corruption", she tried to avoid it as best as she could. If there was good in the world, there would always be bad -- it was easier to think that way and accept it too.

"As a kid, I used to get bullied a lot. I had to learn to stand up to myself and to beat the cowardly scoundrels. Then I discovered that most of them came from abusive families, with bandit fathers, thief mothers, and so on. I eventually learned that the only way to get rid of evil is to take it all out of the earth along with the roots. I suppose that guy deserves the kick, and who knows - you might have made the world a better place."

Now both of her brows were raised and she silently mouthed a "wow, okay.".
"Huh...I guess you're a good guy, right? An "agent of order", ha...wow.
Anyways...DEFINITELY. I gave him one hell of a kick too, something to remember me by. Also, that's real cheesy, can ya try and cut it down? You're sounding like a knight from a fairytale book."

But when the masked man offered his hand as a polite gesture, she looked at it for a few seconds before taking it. Her hands were engulfed momentarily by the other's and she pulled back gently before re-adjusting the scabbard of her shortsword.

. "Ventrue. Pleased to meet you. Nice fighting, by the way. You can handle yourself."
"I think you told me your name before, but it don't matter 'cause I haven't said mine yet so...
It's Norunni Fimsimsheberk Bolgrizak.
Norunni would be just fine, Noru would be grand -- make's things go faster, I guess."

The dwarfkin beamed when Ventrue complimented her on fighting skill.
"'Course I can! How do ya think I would survive out here anyway? But you definitely aren't so bad yourself." She then glanced at the wolf and she bit her lip.
"That being said...don't ya think having that killer canine is a bit too much?"

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Location: Tizca City, North of Feral Mountains || Common Market
Scenario: Simple Conversation -- woof woof.
Mood: Calm
Tags: Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue
Tizca City - Market

"A knight? I suppose that's one way of calling it," he nodded. "I just thought I should introduce myself more formally. Really, it might be a habit. I come from-- well, I used to be an aristocrat, my family... well, that right was revoked," he explained. "I am just a commoner as far as the law is concerned, but my mannerisms remain," he said. Ventrue adjusted his mask. The darn thing. All it was good for were the looks - the thing poorly befitted his face. Huh. Maybe it was a sign from the Gods? Maybe it didn't fit his face, just how adventuring didn't fit his destiny? No. Definitely not. What a stupid thought.

"Hm?" he rose an eyebrow himself, looking at Dorn. He knelt briefly and pet his companion, caressing the creature's snout affectionately as he replied to Noru. "Dorn isn't... for my protection. He's a companion. Actually, as far as I care, he's a brother. We look out for each other. He's smarter than other wolves. He's intelligent like you or me, and I'm not exaggerating." Ventrue stood up and looked at Noru. "By the way. Do you need money? I've been given a task of killing a chimera that terrorizes the local farmers, but to be frank, I've never hunted a creature of that..." he searched for the right word, almost incapable of conveying what he meant. "Magnitude."

He turned to the side, preparing to walk away. "I could use someone skilled at my side. We will split the reward of course. If you're interested, that is."

Vol Vol

Could This Be A New Adventure?

"A knight? I suppose that's one way of calling it,"
"I just thought I should introduce myself more formally. Really, it might be a habit. I come from-- well, I used to be an aristocrat, my family... well, that right was revoked," he explained. "I am just a commoner as far as the law is concerned, but my mannerisms remain,"

Norunni nodded and rubbed her chin with a gloved finger.
"Oh yeah I get it now, so that's where --" she pointed at the impressive gear that Ventrue adorned, index finger drawing circles in the air where the armour, the twin swords by his waist, and the mask was, " -- all that pretty gear came from. I haven't seen anything like it where I'm from." She then shrugged her shoulders lightly.
"If human nobles introduced themselves like that all the time, then conversations would probably go A LOT longer than usual." She said this more to herself than to Ventrue, and she didn't mean it to be scathing towards him, she just personally found it silly.

Noru then watched him curiously as he knelt down to caress the canine's snout, his arms folded now.
"Dorn isn't... for my protection. He's a companion. Actually, as far as I care, he's a brother. We look out for each other. He's smarter than other wolves. He's intelligent like you or me, and I'm not exaggerating."

"I guess the human saying goes, "dog's are a man's best friend". But I reckon I'm still a TAD bit smarter than your canine brother." She said matter-of-factly. "Er, no offense to...Dorn, wasn't it? Just stating a fact."
The dwarfkin had the sudden urge to touch Dorn too, just to see how the wolf's fur felt beneath her gloves -- but an intriguing query coming from Ventrue distracted her from the urge.

"I could use someone skilled at my side. We will split the reward of course. If you're interested, that is."
Norunni bit her lip and unfolded her arms. She wasn't exactly low on funds, but getting a bit more wouldn't be too bad -- plus it probably would be FUN too. The possibility of DYING wasn't, but just the notion of seeing a chimera was. Whatever a chimera is, really -- long ago she had heard whispers of them; hybrids of creatures that had a combination of abilities from their original animal species.

She nodded herself, settled with her decision.
"Uh, ya, sure. Not like I'm doing anything at the moment anyway -- doubt I'll be sticking around here either. Might end up punching another few rats if I stayed here any longer..." Norunni told him before he was ready to set off.
"Also hey, I know you won't disappoint but just don't mess anything up, okay? I mean, I don't really mind it -- 'cause I get to blame you anyway, but it's still annoying!" She added before gently punching the armour plate that was by his waist as she quickly walked passed him, so she was standing in front of Ventrue and Dorn.

"Lead the way!
Wait one more thing...
can I...ride on Dorn? I think the killer canine's big enough and sometimes my feet get a bit tired.
He won't bite...right? I don't wanna end up hitting your canine brother."

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Scenario: TALLY-HO!
Mood: Excited

Ventrue
Tizca City - Market

He smiled in pride when she mentioned his gear, almost reveling in the feeling of what he thought was admiration. He nodded to her remarks, consumed by the thought of recognition and appreciation, and he seems to have only come to his senses as soon as she mentioned screwing up. Within one sentence, half of Ventrue's self-esteem he built up over the last minute went down the sink. The pain from it was almost physical, so much so that he had to clutch his chest. "O-Of course I won't screw up!" he held back a frown behind a fake smile plastered on his face, as a single drop of sweat went down his cheek... or was it his pride leaking out of his body in the form of his tear? Both were plausible.

"Let's go," he set off, regaining confidence, then stopped upon hearing the dwarfkin's request. Ventrue's movements halted completely for a second and he slowly turned around with a blank face. His eyebrows rose as he processed the request. "Uh... I mean..." he looked down at Dorn. "Y-You okay with this?" he asked the wolf. Dorn barked several times back at him, then turned to Norunni and sat on all fours. Dorn normally wouldn't do this. It was meant to show that he understood the request - he wanted to prove his intelligence. A way of gaining recognition. Like master, like pet, I suppose...

Vol Vol

Onward

Norunni was too preoccupied with her attempts on getting on Dorn, to fully notice the minuscule change of tone that Ventrue now had.

The dwarfkin couldn't exactly feel the softness of the wolf's fur through her gloves, but the thinnest of strands managed to get by the material and tickle her calloused finger tips.

She flashed a grin and hopped on the canine's back in one jump. She bit back a startled gasp when she felt herself slipping to the side, but regained balance when she pressed herself down on Dorn's back and held onto his fur.
"Oh ya, I can get used to this." Noru said cheerfully, her face half-buried into the soft yet stiff fur. Dorn smelt of worn earth, dried blood, and dog.

She didn't bother to lift up her head, and so just turned it so the words coming out of her mouth wouldn't be muffled.
"Vent, didn't you say whatever we gotta hunt was messing around with some local farmers? I don't think I passed by any farmlands when I was going through Tizca City," Noru quietened for a moment. "Or I just missed them completely.
Anyways, who gave you the job anyway? If ya don't mind me asking -- oh and, do you know what the thing looks like?"

Norunni slowly sat herself up but her hands still clung onto Dorn's fur.
"Oh ya, better get a move on actually. Answering things while on the go would speed up this task of yours -- ours now, actually."

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Scenario: TALLY-HO!
Mood: Excited

Ventrue
Tizca City - Market > Northern Tract

Dorn struggled with the little woman on top of him slightly but managed it. Soon, the wolf stood up and, albeit reluctantly, served her as a steed. Dorn barked at Ventrue once.

Ventrue chuckled nervously, observing the situation. "I'm pretty sure there are some farmlands north from the city. And we're looking for a huge mythical thing that looks monstrous, has a snake for a tail and the head of a lion. And it breathes noxious acid," he explained, starting to slowly move forward to see if Dorn could catch up; which he could, thank heavens. The creature, fortunately, didn't seem over-encumbered despite carrying a small dwarfkin with loads of equipment on himself. It was almost miraculous. "As for the quest. The local tavern owner informed me that the farmers put up such a request and would all richly reward the first person to bring them the chimera's head. It pays at least one hundred and fifty gold pieces, so that's like... seventy-five for each of us. That's enough to buy a little over a half a kilogram of actual gold. Sweet deal, if you ask me."

Ventrue left the city and walked down the road, with Dorn following him and still carrying Norunni on top of himself.

Vol Vol

As for the quest. The local tavern owner informed me that the farmers put up such a request and would all richly reward the first person to bring them the chimera's head. It pays at least one hundred and fifty gold pieces, so that's like... seventy-five for each of us. That's enough to buy a little over a half a kilogram of actual gold. Sweet deal, if you ask me.
Norunni shrugged her shoulders, which she regretted doing because it almost loosened her grip she had on Dorn's fur.

"Seriously? I guess. We get paid more than that when we're making weapons and stuff -- but it really depends on the kinda object you wanted us to smith." She admitted. Then her face screwed up in disgust.
"A creature with that kinda body? Now that's definitely messing with nature -- whoever made it is probably as messed up as the chimera, actually. "Whatever you create, reflects you in a way", that sort of thing."

The dwarfkin was beginning to worry about the poisonous gas that the monster could emit. She had no defenses against that -- her air sigils on her gloves and armour weren't the correct ones to diffuse a kind of Aero magic. Though if she had to think about it, the gas the chimera would spew wouldn't exactly be magic...it was probably natural.

It didn't take too long for the trio to reach the farmlands; and if Norunni had to be honest, she's seen better.
If the city was dry, the farmlands was strangely drier, however the crops here still managed to survive and flourish. Of course, the crops had to adapt to their environment, and most of the time it's usually for only the Humanoid folks to eat -- the reptilian kind just survived on the insects and other imported or local meat.

She licked her lips when she realised that it was beginning to dry. The canteen in her knapsack was taken out (after she had opened it with a particular air sigil), and she poured the remaining water she had into her mouth. When it was empty, she sighed and gently stuffed it back inside.
"Hopefully the tavern there hadn't been demolished already, I've run out of water." Noru mumbled.

A distant roar suddenly echoed throughout the farmlands and she felt Dorn's fur bristle.
Hey eyes wandered to the where the sound had been and she didn't notice her handle on Dorn had become tighter. Afraid? Sure. But there's no backing out now, plus she was riding on a god damn wolf. Isn't that pretty cool?

"Can't ya hear that, Vent? There's our messed up kitty somewhere. Let's get this going!
I wanna see it! But uh, ya, lets not get too close though."

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Location: Tizca City, North of Feral Mountains || North Tract
Scenario: Here Kitty, kitty...?
Mood: Excited, Apprehensive

Ventrue
Tizca City - Market // Northern Tract

Ventrue drew his sword. You can't be sure when fighting a beast. "Alright, we should set up a trap. Chimeras have excellent senses and are attracted to meat, especially easy meat. In other words... Hmmm..." Ventrue started hatching a plan in his mind. They can't hunt an animal and use it as bait since neither of them has a bow. There was one thing left to do. "Alright, I'll serve as bait," he drew his mithril shortsword and cut his wrist with it. He marked a spot on the ground with some of his blood, and then quickly bandaged the wound to ensure no more blood leaked out. "This will attract the beast. Let's hide and prepare. An ambush will be good. It will be focused on me since it will smell out my blood, so feel free to attack. I'm better at defense than offense anyway."

Ventrue ran into a nearby bush and used its leaves to cover his face and prepared to rush and stab the chimera as soon as it faced him. Meanwhile, Dorn ran to a bush nearby and prepared to provide them with support should his help be needed.

Vol Vol

Norunni had slid off the wolf when Ventrue had begun dripping bits of his lifeblood on the dry soil.
When the masked man had blatantly stated that he would serve as the lure for the Chimera, the dwarfkin had felt the need to come up with another suggestion. Though what she had in mind was different to what the noble was thinking - and it seemed much less bloody.

"Humans sure love to use up whatever resources they got, don't they?" She murmured while she rolled her eyes at Ventrue's bandaging.

Noru had a decent amount of faith in this plan though, as the first one he thought of back in Tizca went pretty well. Though this time they weren't dealing with a little pack of human incarnation of rats; it would be a freak of nature.
While Ventrue and Dorn hid behind covers of bushes, she wanted to look for a tree of some kind. It'll help her get the upper-hand, literally speaking. She also had a small amount of range attacks, though she doubt it would penetrate the hide of the monster as well as a expertly refined blade.

The farmlands may be dry but nature seemed to grow fairly well here, albeit thinner and sand-coloured than the lush green from the South of the Feral Mountains. The dwarfkin located a sturdy-looking tree with just enough covering for a small human; for her that would be more than enough. Norunni jogged to the base of the tree and leaped up to one of the nearest branches, before repeated the same process until she reached three quarters to the top.
Without even issuing a command, the earth sigils on her armour glowed brown. After a few seconds her entire body blended in with the tree, like a chameleon changing colour to conceal itself within its surroundings. However her head remained the same way, but the leaves of the tree helped hide it.

Norunni expected the Chimera to come a bit later rather than a few minutes after the bait had been laid. Her breath slowed enough that she just breathed through her nose, as the freak of nature came bounding into view. It was just as Ventrue had described it to be; a monster that mainly had a lion's body as well as a head of one, though it's tail was a hissing black snake. What Ventrue forgot to mention, or probably he didn't know - which Norunni would've WANTED to have been informed of but heck it wasn't the noble's fault really- that the Chimera had THREE heads. A lion, a goat with dense ringed horns, and a dragon-like reptile.

The dwarfkin muttered curses in disbelief as she watched it sniff the trail of Ventrue's blood. Her hand immediately gripped the hilt of her Terra Blade as soon as the Chimera lifted it's head to the noble's hiding spot. She bit her lip, and she still didn't move despite the Chimera slowly advancing towards the bushes.
'It'll probably shoot out it's poison gas as soon as it sees Vent...
Damn, he was right. This stuff is a thing of MAGNITUDE.'

Deciding to act before the monster could make the first move, Norunni decided to go for the twin daggers than her shortblade. She quickly unsheathed them and pointed out a patch of dry soil, which where numerous pieces of it flew towards her direction in forms of bullets. While the Twin Dunes glowed brightly with the brown hue from the activated earth sigils, she leapt from her tree with a battle-cry that almost sounded like a hawk descending on it's prey. Though it didn't sound as badass.

The earth bullets shot towards the Chimera, most of them were destroyed even before it made contact with the beast as the snake-tail lashed out at it. A few managed to embed themselves into the furry flesh, which earned Noru a disgruntled roar. But she wasn't finished.
Her boots and arms began to glow white as air sigils emblazoned on them was activated. A single dash forward brought her near the Chimera, and four slashes from each of her twin daggers began eight; basically she struck the beast 16 times in one strike. Fortunately she managed to retreat before the monster landed a ferocious slash on her, but to her dismay, it seemed that her cuts only scratched the surface of the furry flesh, grazed the goat's horns, and chipped a few of the lizard head's scales...

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Scenario: A Battle with a Mythical Beast
Mood: Tense

Arya Tinuviel

"Oh, sorry, it's relatively harmless, just a little...quirk," Arya gave another disarming smile as she explained away the bubbling water at her feet, though she did retract her hand from the previously offered handshake, the water calming down just a tad, though it still bubbled just more slowly now. She waited patiently for the egg to decide whether she would like to talk to her or not, and when she finally agreed, Arya smiled, but a different smile than before. This time her smile seemed more...genuine. It was a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless. "That settles it! Let's go," she agreed, already thinking of all the things she wanted to ask as she began to walk. Nothing too difficult, really, she was more interested in Sapphira herself, even though she was still an egg.

As Arya walked, the puddle of water following her around slowly but surely became more and more calm as she seemed to get used to John's presence, though it never fully stopped bubbling. Once they neared Tizca City, however, it began to bubble faster again, to the point where it looked like it was boiling. Her friendly demeanor that she had upheld around John so as not to scare him off faded off a bit, and while she put on the friendly mask when talking or facing him, to others nearby her face was completely blank and emotionless, or sometimes they'd get a glare sent in their direction if they got too close for comfort, Arya's predator's aura typically causing those to scramble back in fear. The result of this was that there was almost like a bubble of empty space around them as they walked in the normally crowded streets.

Soon, they made it to the bar, and Arya walked in briskly, glad to be away from the crowded streets, even if it was still a decently-crowded bar. Several patrons did a double-take of their drinks as the girl walked in, as the liquid inside began to bubble as well. Arya turned to John. "Order whatever you like, it's on me. Oh, but if you order a drink, I'm sorry in advance if it starts bubbling. It'll still be safe to drink, though," she reassured him with an apologetic smile. She waited semi-patiently for him to order so that she could talk to Sapphira and begin asking questions.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Tizca City Tavern

John ordered a small meal with water, which was free in the Tavern. "Talk to her, I'll be over there." Without waiting for response, he put Sapphira on the table and walked over to a booth and sat there. While he was there eating, he kept a peripheral view of Sapphira and Arya

Sapphira
Tizca City tavern

He sat there and ate while Sapphira wiggled in the egg. If Arya wanted to move to a less crowded place to sit, she had the opportunity to pick her up and move.

After they would arrive and Sapphira was put down wherever she moved, Sapphira would speak. "What would you like to ask me?" Sapphira asked in a friendly manner. Ice began to rise a bit around the egg, keeping it from being moved. This was defensive maneuver on her behalf to prevent being kidnapped, as Dragon Eggs would catch an absolute fortune, and one just out in the open would definitely prompt a bounty hunter or a poacher to try and grab it.

Toza Ruthgard
"A fan, huh?" Said Toza, clearly amused.

Fans weren't a rare sight per se, but a majority of his fans were those who he met at one point, usually by rescuing them. It was surprising to know that he had admirers who only knew of him due to stories and rumors. Such knowledge gave him a warm, bubbly feeling inside.

"Write? O' course I can write! All I need is a pen." He replied happily. It was on honor to give someone his autograph.

He looked ahead to the castle, a grin on his face. The place looked to be devoid of life, and whoever was there seemed to be long gone. That was perfectly alright with Toza, whose eyes wandered to the city beyond. He'd probably head there once he was done investigating the ruins. Cities usually had at least one person who required a mercenary's muscle.

Toza spoke to the boy, his gaze returning to the ruins. "So Mr. Adventurer, wanna do a lil exploring?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue
Tizca City // Northern Tract

Ventrue restrained himself from breathing when he saw the chimera approach in his direction. It was even creepier than he thought. Fortunately, Norunni had just enough time to distract the beast. When the chimera turned around and attempted to slash Norunni with her claws, Ventrue jumped out of the bushes and stabbed his sword straight into the beast's chest, piercing through skin, flesh, and bone, tearing through as the creature shrieked with malevolent anger. It looked straight at Ventrue with a piercing gaze and roared, before exhaling a deadly toxin cloud, something not quite gas and not quite liquid, in his direction.

Ventrue did what he does best and dodged, rolling to the right and leaving the shortsword lodged into the beast's chest. He should have used his longsword instead; it'd have pierced all the way through the heart.

The angered chimera followed its attack up with an attempt to cut Ventrue's face with its claws. It was fast, too fast to dodge. The attack was instantaneous, just after the toxic breath. Two of its claws left a small mark on his left cheek. He barely managed to dodge it. If he were just a second slower, the third claw would have surely cut his eye, and the two other ones would have cut deeper than just the outer layer of skin. He was lucky. Incredibly lucky. Sometimes, he just had luck.

Ventrue stood up and prepared to draw his other sword, but he saw no need to. The chimera decided to flee and ran off into the bushes, making several jumps above the bushes, within seconds disappearing into the forest. "Damn it. It has my sword." Ventrue frowned angrily and bitterly. This fight was getting personal - that creature took his belongings, even though it was technically his fault it was lodged in the chimera's chest.

Dorn ran out of his bushes and ran up to Ventrue barking at him. "I'm okay, boy. I'm okay... right, I suggest we..." Ventrue pet Dorn with passion. "Go back to the city. We should buy some traps. Since it bled, Dorn will have no trouble tracking the chimera even after time has passed."

Vol Vol

Medraut Bleak
Abandoned Mountains // Castle Outskirts

"G-Great!" the boy replied excitedly, taking a quill from his bag, as well as some paper. He dipped the quill in ink and gave it, along with the paper to Toza. It was easy to tell the half-elf was very anxious but happy.

"R-Really?! I'd be honored to do anything with you, sir!" And thus, the day went from very good to even better. Medraut took a small breathing exercise, calming himself down. He kept a soft smile on his face but restrained the excitement within. This way, he would not distract the professional at work, or himself. Having one adventure with Toza the Wild himself. "By the way. If you need any of that, I know some druidic magic. My father was one of them, so I can... well, how do I put it without sounding weird..." Medraut slowed down, blushing in shame. "I can talk with plants and animals, essentially."

Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie

Arya Tinuviel

Arya paid for John's meal after he ordered, then ordered a drink for herself before taking Sapphira to a more secluded spot, though still one within Johnathan's line of sight. She watched with some curiosity as the egg created ice to make herself difficult to pick up, then began to speak.

"Ah, honestly I just wanted to learn more about you. I've never met another dragon before,"
she admitted. She had mentioned never having met a dragon before earlier, but she had left out the word 'another' then, the inclusion of it possibly hinting at her own story. "I just wantes to know things like, how long have you been conscious inside your egg? Do you know if you're going to hatch soon? Are you able to control ice on a large scale yet, like making it snow if you wanted?" The questions came out fast and eagerly, as Arya's composed mask of normal friendliness slipped and her excitement showed through in her expression. A thought occurred to her then, though, and a more serious expression came over her face as she leaned in slightly and lowered her voice further, though she hadn't been speaking particularly loud before. "I also wanted to know. Your father there, does he treat you we'll? In my experience, humans are cruel and abuse power like yours. That is not the case here, is it?" She asked, genuine concern in her eyes.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arya Tinuviel

Arya paid for John's meal after he ordered, then ordered a drink for herself before taking Sapphira to a more secluded spot, though still one within Johnathan's line of sight. She watched with some curiosity as the egg created ice to make herself difficult to pick up, then began to speak.

"Ah, honestly I just wanted to learn more about you. I've never met another dragon before,"
she admitted. She had mentioned never having met a dragon before earlier, but she had left out the word 'another' then, the inclusion of it possibly hinting at her own story. "I just wantes to know things like, how long have you been conscious inside your egg? Do you know if you're going to hatch soon? Are you able to control ice on a large scale yet, like making it snow if you wanted?" The questions came out fast and eagerly, as Arya's composed mask of normal friendliness slipped and her excitement showed through in her expression. A thought occurred to her then, though, and a more serious expression came over her face as she leaned in slightly and lowered her voice further, though she hadn't been speaking particularly loud before. "I also wanted to know. Your father there, does he treat you we'll? In my experience, humans are cruel and abuse power like yours. That is not the case here, is it?" She asked, genuine concern in her eyes.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Sapphira
Tizca City Tavern

"I've been conscious for about 3 weeks now. I should be hatching not too long from now, as Dragon eggs take about 12-16 weeks to incubate before they hatch." That was about double the incubation period of a normal reptile. She could actually hatch any day now. "The last time I checked, I've been with my father for about 4 weeks now." If she was at least 12 weeks in and John picked her up 4 weeks ago, she gained conscious about 9 weeks in and was picked up 8 weeks in. How long was she sitting before she was picked up?

She thought about the other question. "I can only control Ice in a small area around myself. I can't focus it, nor on a large scale. I can make it snow in here, but that's about it. I can help you cast Ice spells though by making it stronger." So dragon eggs had the ability to amplify their master's magic? Was this something any carrier could use? Or was it specific to whomever the dragon wanted it to be. "I help my father whenever he decides to use Ice Magic........speaking of him............"

Her voice got a bit more serious. "I love him more than anything. I don't know my real parents.......or should I say, my Dragon Parents, but I have him." This may be the imprinting speaking. Maybe not though, since her voice was low, prideful, loving, and serious. "He's incompetent and probably knows absolutely nothing about how to take care of a dragon.......... but he protects me, and I will protect him. He's not cruel or abusive. He's just blissfully ignorant. An idiot to say the least.......but an idiot that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world." Her voice turned back to a less serious tone. She giggled. "One time, he thought that Ice Dragon Eggs must be kept warm, so he sat on me. It was terrible, and he ended up almost falling into his campfire." Ice Dragon Eggs had to be kept cold. As cold as possible, which was an underlying reason why Sapphira surrounded herself with this Ice. It was blazing in the tavern. At bare minimum, John was trying to learn via trial and error.

Noru's brief triumphant feeling when Ventrue had managed to penetrate the hide of the beast dissipated as soon as the Chimera lashed out it's combo; toxic gas, slash, slash, slash etc. The strikes were a blur but she had seen the success of them on Ventrue's face.

The dwarfkin uttered another battle-cry as she tried to dash forward to slash at the Chimera, but the cry quickly became a surprised "huh?" when the beast fled in a hurry, blood dripping from it's chest. She ended up slashing only at air.
Frustrated, she waved one of her daggers towards the direction the beast had ran off.
"Ha, and here I thought you were so big and strong, pussycat! Come BACK here and fight like the damn beast you are!" Norunni yelled after it, though she didn't budge from her spot to pursue it.
Instead, she bottled up the raging emotion for later use, and turned to see to Ventrue, who was bleeding profusely from his face.Now the white mask he wore took on a pinkish tint at it's bottom, as a bit of his lifeblood had been spilled on it. Noru gave him a look of sympathy that didn't last too long when she heard the first thing he said after being clawed at.

Damn it. It has my sword.

She sighed and massaged her temple; though she wanted to laugh, her throat was a bit too parched for it.
After a few seconds, the wolf came bounding from it's hiding spot. Dorn's barks were laced with concern for the noble, but the dwarfkin just stared at it with furrowed brows.
"Where the hell were you when we needed you?" She asked, but she wasn't expecting an answer back.

I'm okay, boy. I'm okay... right, I suggest we..." "Go back to the city. We should buy some traps. Since it bled, Dorn will have no trouble tracking the chimera even after time has passed.

Norunni frowned.
"More traps? Can't we just take it down 'cause it's already weakened? Sure, we'll give it some time and let the sword keep hurting it --" she paused for a second, "Oh wait, if it's as smart as I think it is -- which I doubt it, but what the hey -- it'll probably take out the sword on it's own and heal over time..."
The dwarfkin's head tilted to the side a bit when she roughly ran a gloved hand through it.
"Hmm...though I don't like how we gotta go back to Tizca, I can't hunt the freaky pussycat on my own, so..."

She twirled her twin daggers and unsheathed them, then she jogged over to Dorn and jumped back onto his back.
No way was she walking now when she had this canine steed. Unless she was thrown off...
"I'll follow your lead anyways -- we gotta get you patched up too. Too bad you couldn't be as fast as me to dodge everything."

In all honesty, Noru would've probably died or just be fatally injured if struck just ONCE by the Chimera. But she wasn't gonna tell him that, or no one, for that matter.

xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Scenario: Fetching more traps
Mood: Tense, slightly calmed down

Ventrue
Tizca City // Northern Tract

"Fine. Let's go after it. Might as well corner it," Ventrue frowned and looked at the direction the chimera ran. Dorn laid his snout on the ground and took a few careful sniffs, catching a trail. He rose his head and looked forward. The wolf ran at moderate pace, sniffing for the chimera's scent. Dorn seemed to have a solid hold on the chimera's position since it was bleeding. The wolf was careful as not to drop Norunni off of his back but he already knew that she was aware and prepared for such a danger. It was rather bizarre to ride a wolf, after all.

After several minutes, the group approached a cave. The stench of fresh blood and rotting meat permeated the atmosphere. Rotflies were flying all over the damn place. The small hilltop in front of them surrounded by huge trees had a considerable, rocky entrance into it, shrouded in darkness and shadow. The eerie atmosphere of the place was not helped by the occasional pool of dry blood and chunk of old meat or shattered bone - all of it slowly decaying into the ground.

Ventrue covered his nose with his free hand and unsheathed his longsword. His face was visibly irritated. "You're telling me this is the place? Oh, you have got to be..." he stepped forward and noticed a dead body behind the bark of a fallen tree. "Kidding me?!" he finished his sentence with considerably more shock and surprise than it initially held. He did not approach the body. His eyes held disgust and no intent to come even a step closer to the rotting body, but they were obliged to tell the city guard about their discovery so the bodies could be delivered to the family they came from. "That's right," Ventrue exclaimed, realizing something. "Apparently, the chimera killed two farmers. We should inform the families we found the bodies."

Vol Vol

Arya Tinuviel

Arya nodded along as the unborn ice dragon answered her questions, and smiled slightly with some relief as she heard that Sapphira's adoptive father treated her well. She even laughed an actual genuine laugh at the story of him trying to keep the egg warm. "At least it sounds like you've found yourself a good one. Just be wary, though your father might treat you well, other humans...well..." she trailed off, the happy expression fading from her face as she did, and an almost sadness coming over her. It was gone in an instant, however, replaced with a smile once more, though this one was less genuine, though Arya supposed that it wouldn't make any difference to the egg who couldn't actually see her. The water in the room -- both the puddle at Arya's feet and the various liquids in cups and other containers -- that had been oddly still during Arya's conversation with Sapphira now rippled slightly but constantly, like when a drop of water falls into an otherwise still lake.

"Well, I believe that I have taken enough of your time, thank you for putting up with me and answering my questions. I would love to meet you again when you've hatched," Arya told the dragon egg. Now less engrossed in conversation, she began to notice the whispers of the other tavern patrons, and the water in the room began its bubbling once again.

"Hey, isn't that the Reaper?"
"What? No way!"
"It is! Look at the scythe!"
"Ahh, scary...Wait, what's that on the table with her?"

The table nearby Arya whispered to each other, putting the girl on edge. She really hated that nickname, Reaper...It seemed as though she should be leaving this place soon, to avoid further attention. Before that, though, she asked the egg, "Before I hand you back to your father, is there anything you wanted to ask me in return?" If there was not, then she would return the egg without any further fuss, but she wanted to at least offer that, since she had asked so many questions herself.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arya Tinuviel

Arya nodded along as the unborn ice dragon answered her questions, and smiled slightly with some relief as she heard that Sapphira's adoptive father treated her well. She even laughed an actual genuine laugh at the story of him trying to keep the egg warm. "At least it sounds like you've found yourself a good one. Just be wary, though your father might treat you well, other humans...well..." she trailed off, the happy expression fading from her face as she did, and an almost sadness coming over her. It was gone in an instant, however, replaced with a smile once more, though this one was less genuine, though Arya supposed that it wouldn't make any difference to the egg who couldn't actually see her. The water in the room -- both the puddle at Arya's feet and the various liquids in cups and other containers -- that had been oddly still during Arya's conversation with Sapphira now rippled slightly but constantly, like when a drop of water falls into an otherwise still lake.

"Well, I believe that I have taken enough of your time, thank you for putting up with me and answering my questions. I would love to meet you again when you've hatched," Arya told the dragon egg. Now less engrossed in conversation, she began to notice the whispers of the other tavern patrons, and the water in the room began its bubbling once again.

"Hey, isn't that the Reaper?"
"What? No way!"
"It is! Look at the scythe!"
"Ahh, scary...Wait, what's that on the table with her?"

The table nearby Arya whispered to each other, putting the girl on edge. She really hated that nickname, The Reaper...It seemed as though she should be leaving this place soon, to avoid further attention. Before that, though, she asked the egg, "Before I hand you back to your father, is there anything you wanted to ask me in return?" If there was not, then she would return the egg without any further fuss, but she wanted to at least offer that, since she had asked so many questions herself.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Tizca City Tavern

Before she could ask a question, Arya was confronted by a man. Hooded. "That's a mighty fine Dragon Egg you got there, missy. Mind if I hold it for you? You wouldn't want to get cold burn handling it."

The bar seemed to agree as more people stood up. Right behind the man were 2 others on his left and right sides, all brandishing swords while the man in front had an axe glinting under his robe. Either they wanted the egg, wanted Arya dead, or both. These men were huge. "That there is the Reaper with a dragon egg. I'll be able to retire for generations with her head and that egg." one of the men on the side whispered to the other. Apparently Arya had quite the bounty on her head, and dragon eggs themselves costed a massive fortune. There was an entire castle's worth of money resting both on Arya's shoulder and on the table in front of her

John was still oblivious to the things going on, as the bar was still fairly noisy and he was sitting a bit ways away. He was listening to the band play while a beautiful woman sang her song.

Sapphira spoke up in a low voice to Arya. "I can sense a slow buildup of magic. This will definitely turn into a fight. I need you to protect me while I cast a freezing spell." The ice crystals loosened a bit and it made her a bit easier to pick up if the ice was turned back into water, which Arya could hopefully do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back