• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero

Ventrue

The man sighed. Egg, being inside an egg. What's the difference? If you were inside an egg, you were a part of the egg. An egg. "Whatever, girl," he rolled his eyes taking some jewelry and stuffing his pockets with it. "Negotiate? Hmmm. Sure. I already have a bargaining chip -- Either your father gives me what belongs to me, or someone's eating an omelet tonight," he took the egg out and stared at it with a mean look. "I am willing to help. You're the ones intruding on my property. A nobleman should protect his belongings," he stated again.

After a bit of walk, they encountered Johnathan. "Hold it, my friend. I want to give this to you, but first I want to see what you've gotten from these grounds. This castle belongs to my family," he stated. It was a half-truth. Although this ground belonged to the Aurelian bloodline for numerous generations, the King officially declared it was being given to new nobles just a few days ago. Ventrue was merely clinging to old pride. "As far as the law of this land cares, you're a thief. A thief stealing what belongs to me," he used his free hand and took his white mask off. The features of his face were revealed. A fair skin tone and long, blonde hair, as well as green eyes. No doubting it. These were the features of a nobleman. "All I ask is for my rightful property to be returned to me, then, as the master of this domain, I will grant you this dragon egg and whatever spoils I don't care to take."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Johnathan Edward Weiss and Dragon Egg
Abandoned Castle

He held out the Phoenix Scroll he took for Ventrue to see. "A simple scroll. I haven't exactly been exploring. I've been looking for my egg"

The Egg spoke up. "There's someone else here!" Wherever they were, they could really be heard. The room must be not be in hearing range of them, but the Egg could definitely sense them

"There's someone else here," John said, smirking. He actually had a bargaining chip now. A person in this castle who could've found a more useful room? Either he fights for a maybe useless scroll or stuff more useful. His eyes flashed red. A quick flash. If one blinked, they'd miss it. Whisper activated, and his words would seem a hell of a lot more reasonable and convincing. "I've only taken one thing lying about on the floor. What are the odds that this scroll is useful? They may have found the treasury or a bedroom. Who knows what goodies could be in there? Legendary swords, Powerful scrolls, relics, forbidden magics, diaries. You won't find that lying about out here where I am. Give me my egg and I'll lead you to them before they take something you really wanted."

Ventrue

Ventrue gasped at his words. He let him keep the Phoenix Scroll and ran past him, shoving the egg in his hand as he ran. Ventrue sprinted toward the inner parts of the castle as fast as he could. "Come on! We need to expunge this thief!" he stopped, hurrying Johnathan to follow him as he put on his mask. "Hurry up!" he added, impatiently. Ventrue would not abide for long knowing that someone just nearby was stealing his things. Ventrue drew one of his swords; Bearing and continued to move where Johnathan would lead him.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Dorn

Dorn looked away in shame as Arya looted the place. Master would be so mad. Regardless, they needed to hide, or at least be prepared for the golem in case it found them. Dorn walked up to the girl and stood by her side, as he felt something moving near the door.

Soon after, a fist of iron made a hole in the wooden doors, then another one hit straight through the lock and the set of doors opened to reveal the angered, possessed golem. It suddenly jogged toward Arya and tried to deliver a blow to her upper torso.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Last edited:
Ventrue

Ventrue gasped at his words. He let him keep the Phoenix Scroll and ran past him, shoving the egg in his hand as he ran. Ventrue sprinted toward the inner parts of the castle as fast as he could. "Come on! We need to expunge this thief!" he stopped, hurrying Johnathan to follow him as he put on his thief. "Hurry up!" he added, impatiently. Ventrue would not abide for long knowing that someone just nearby was stealing his things. Ventrue drew one of his swords; Bearing and continued to move where Johnathan would lead him.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Dorn

Dorn looked away in shame as Arya looted the place. Master would be so mad. Regardless, they needed to hide, or at least be prepared for the golem in case it found them. Dorn walked up to the girl and stood by her side, as he felt something moving near the door.

Soon after, a fist of iron made a hole in the wooden doors, then another one hit straight through the lock and the set of doors opened to reveal the angered, possessed golem. It suddenly jogged toward Arya and tried to deliver a blow to her upper torso.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle ------> Armory

"Where?!"
"Closer!" The egg yelled. Utilizing the hot or cold system of guidance, Johnathan easily led him to the armory.

He drew his sword in anticipation and he carried his egg in the other, ready to unleash some Amplified Ice Spells. In the armory, there was a golem charging at a woman who seemed to have taken a few things from the armory. Should he fight that Golem, or let it deal with the woman? Not John's problem. He upheld his end of the deal. Nothing about that deal specified that he'd have to fight.

Unless Ventrue was offering more loot, John wasn't about to engage anything. By offer more loot, he meant let him take it without a fight, because that was the only true way he'd stop John from taking stuff anyways

"Here we are. Good luck to you, because I'm out. I wasn't planning on ending up in this castle anyways." John said as he left the armory
Birdsie Birdsie
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle - Armory

Arya braced herself as the golem punched a hole through the doors first. Water bubbled like boiling water at her feet, but the girl's stance and her expression seemed calm and collected. Arya glanced down at the wolf standing by her side for just a brief moment, as the golem punched another hole, this time punching through the lock on the door. "Thanks for sticking around, but it's time for us to part. When you get a chance, run." The doors swung open as she spoke. She wasn't sure if the wolf really understood her or not, but she hoped that it would get the message; this golem was after her, not the wolf, so it could probably sneak past without damage. No sense in both of them getting hurt, or dying. Either way, she didn't have time to dwell on it, as the golem suddenly moved towards her, striking out at her torso. Arya let loose a bolt fired from the crossbow she had found as the golem closed the gap, and attempted to quickly get out of the way of the strike, back-peddling to avoid it. She didn't move quite quick enough, as the golem's fist grazed her right side by her ribs, causing enough damage to send her stumbling back a bit.

The lighting from the doorway darkened, two figures had appeared there. Water bubbled even faster, looking angry at her feet. Great, and now there's people. Even worse. The girl felt even more cornered now, like an animal in a trap. Despite everything, her expression was still perfectly neutral, and she glanced at the two figures that had appeared only briefly, her blood red eyes looking them over before turning back towards the golem. She couldn't afford to not have her attention on the golem, it was the biggest threat here. She continued to back up more to try to put distance between herself and it without moving too far back, as she didn't want to hit the wall and truly be trapped. While she moved, the girl shot off two more crossbow bolts towards it, while water from the puddle at her feet began to float up in droplets around her, prepared to shoot off at anything that she deemed a threat.

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue

Ventrue shrugged at Johnathan. "Whatever," and walked into the armory, staring at the girl that fought the golem. As he entered, Dorn quickly ran over to Ventrue and stood by his side. Artanis looked at the fight and yelled "Halt! Do you know who I am?" at the golem. The red-eyed golem jerked its head toward the source of the yell at the wrong moment and was shot by the crossbow bolt that Arya fired. The hit of the enchanted bolt tore through its metal and caused an internal explosion.

The golem started slowing down. It took a few steps in Artanis' direction, clearly taking him as a new target, but then, its red eyes went dark and void and it fell onto the ground. Artanis put his foot on the golem's head. He moved his foot in a way that pushed the golem's face in his direction, to get a better look at it. Upon examining it, he recognized the old, dust-covered markings on the golem's body and knew that it belonged to his bloodline. "Hmph. Destroying my property? Stealing my weapons? Kidnapping my wolf? Who do you think you are?" he walked over the golem's body and pointed his sword in Arya's direction. He wasn't aware that this was a misunderstanding.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle - Armory

The golem was down, the biggest threat had been taken care of. A small amount of relief washed through the girl, but only briefly, as she was still essentially cornered in this small room. One of the men who had been in the doorway was gone, but the other still stood in her way, and was now pointing his sword at her. Water at her feet spiked up in anger, though the girl's face betrayed not even a hint of such a feeling. She simply looked at the sword, to the wolf, then back to the man in front of her, quickly processing the situation. I don't think friendliness will work here, but flat out aggressiveness will just escalate things. Flirting? No, wrong situation for that. How about...indignation? Sure, yeah, that could work. Settling on a response, the girl allowed some of her annoyance to seep into her expression.

"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are, hm? Your wolf has more manners than you," she began, glaring at the man. Her predatory aura made the expression seem that much more intimidating. She took a step closer to the man, though remained just out of his sword's reach. "Your property, your weapons, your wolf? Well, let me tell you something about your things, then. Your wolf found me, and decided to tag along. And where were you? Hm? Out playing dress up?" she motioned towards the man's mask before continuing. "Your wolf led me to your property, which promptly decided to attack, and which, by the way was about to attack you if it hadn't shut down! Or are you too dense to realize that? So when your wolf led me to your weapons to escape, I used your weapons to defeat your property and also save your wolf, and this is the thanks I get?" The girl adjusted her expression to look sufficiently offended. She stopped there, allowing her words to sink in. Hopefully it would be enough to at least lower his guard, just enough for her to slip past. She was fast, she could probably outrun the man...if she could just get out of this room.

Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue

Ventrue listened to her justified rant of anger, his facial expression changing multiple times. By its end, he lowered his sword to the ground and gave her a deep, hesitant bow, shame carved on his face like a scar caused by embarrassment. "I... I apologize. I thought you were one of the random adventurers trying to pillage this castle, but I was wrong... I'm sorry for my misinterpretation of your motives. If there's anything I can do to make amends, I will. I know what it feels like to do a good job and never be thanked for it," he voiced and returned to his previous bodily expression. His words, especially the last sentence seemed incredibly genuine - you could tell he was relating to something he felt on his own.

However, as Ventrue spoke, a looming figure of shadow rose behind him. The golem that Arya destroyed previously slowly rose from the ground like an undead body revived to life with the black magic of the darkest sort. Dorn whimpered softly and ran out of the room, leaving Ventrue befuddled momentarily as he watched the dark display of iron resurrect and stood ready.

Clang!... the sound of a metallic foot filled the room as the construct turned around to Ventrue. Its eyes were different this time, one was crimson red, the other was constantly glitching and shifting between green and red until it finally returned to the aggressive red it bore previously; for a brief moment, the golem recognized its master only to be possessed by the dark forces again. The golem swung his fist at Ventrue, who caught the movement just in time to roll away to the right and counter-attack by picking up a bomb from a nearby racket.

Dorn ran back into the room with a literal, lit torch in his snout. He quickly ran to his master and brought the torch closer to him. Ventrue lit the bomb's fuse on the torch's flame and threw it at the Golem, straight into the hole that was left by Arya's previous crossbow shot. "It will only slow him down. He's possessed. We have to get to the chapel -- his brief state of death must have alerted the others. We're only even remotely safe on sanctified grounds."

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Meanwhile, Johnathan and the Orb could hear numerous sounds through the darkened corners of the corridors that the castle consisted of. Sounds of movement and iron hitting stone were the only discernible sound, as groups of living metal moved across the corners in the direction of the armory. Golems of white iron with red, dead-angry, glowing eyes, their bodies covered in runic marks that give them fake life. They emanate a strong cursed presence, so thick that one has a physical feeling of discomfort with a mere gaze at them. Their bodies of iron propelled by a dark force, a living, but not sentient magic. Their constitution was clearly too generous to be overcome by things like age, or cold on this mountain. Their awakening must have been caused by the second coming of one of their masters. Knowing that a descendant of Lorgar Aurelian came to the castle was what helped them wake up, but the dark force possessing the constructs is what made them so hateful of him and of all others.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Armory

"I'm sensing heavy dark magic presence. We need to either leave or dig in and defend."
Johnathan got nauseated as he saw one of the constructs make their way towards them and the armory. He definitely wasn't used to facing undead and dark constructs. "Precision Holy." His hand positioned in gun pose. White sparks jumped at his fingertips. One strike should disable the golems if only for a couple of seconds.

"How do you know all this stuff. You're not even born yet!"
"I don't know. Maybe my parents passed their wisdom on to me." That would mean her parents were dead though. She did know stuff that were beyond her years, considering she didn't even have a day on earth. This was all speculation. "I just tell you what I know. I want to keep you safe as best I can."
"And I'll protect you to the best of my ability. I think everyone in here will be facing those things down if we don't leave." John struck the construct with the Holy Spark and retreated back into the Armory

"Let's get the hell out of here!" he said urgently

Birdsie Birdsie
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle

Arya allowed the offended expression on her face fade away. Well, technically I am one of those random adventurers, but he doesn't have to know that... she thought to herself. In any case, her plan had worked, and the man was apologizing, but... Arya's gaze moved to behind the man while he was talking. The construct was beginning to move again. The water that had stopped spiking up in anger now began to bubble once more with her alarm and unease, though her face showed none of those emotions, meaning that she wasn't really a good warning system for the man. The wolf, however, was, as it ran out of the room and the man noticed the construct.

The girl watched as the man and wolf worked together to get a bomb in the hole that she had left in the construct, then her attention snapped to the doorway. The other man had returned, and was yelling to get out of there. And through all the hectic fighting and talking and yelling, Arya thought to herself, How did I end up in this mess? Without time to dwell on it, though, she resigned herself to following the two men to the chapel -- they were less of a threat than the constructs in the castle, after all. Slinging the crossbow over her shoulder with its attached strap so it would be out of the way, Arya then grabbed her scythe, pulling it out of its makeshift strap and gripping it in her left hand. She could run a lot faster with it in her hands than she could with it hindering her movements strapped to her back. While she wouldn't be able to swing it freely in the narrow corridors, it still had a spiked end that wouldn't be totally useless, especially since her plan was to simply run past anything instead of staying to fight. "Let's go," she said simply, looking towards the man with the wolf and ready to follow.

Ventrue

BOOM! The golem in the armory blew up, again stunned, it fell to the ground with blank eyes. Seconds after, it started slowly getting up again, getting more and more damaged.

Ventrue, just as a precaution grabbed four more bombs, and two smoke bombs in case he needed to do some noise on the way out. Afterward, he ran out to the corridor and looked in both directions. The hallways were flooded with pissed iron golems moving in his direction -- definitely not a good idea to walk in their direction. The window was the only way out, approximately four meters above the ground. Jumping out wouldn't hurt. Ventrue walked up to the window and smashed it with his elbow then climbed over the edge and jumped out to the courtyard. He ran directly across it and in the direction of the chapel on the other side.

Several golems walked out of the doors to the sides of the plaza he was on and met him on the way to his destination. The first one attacked and Ventrue merely hopped to the side and ran past it. The other one was directly in the way, so Ventrue met it with... a hug. He grasped his arms around its neck and started uttering prayers of aid to the Gods. The golem stopped its movements -- the dark force on the other side trying to actively fight being denied its body, but eventually, the golem came to and its red eyes turned into blue ones. Upon recognizing who Ventrue was, the blue eyes once again shifted into a green color and the golem ran to the red one behind Ventrue, starting a fistfight between the two. Ventrue smiled and ran toward the chapel again. Holy prayers of exorcism wouldn't work all the time -- it was a risky move, but the only one he had left. One can argue that another choice he had was to use the smoke bomb, but it wouldn't work for long out in the open.

Ventrue approached the chapel.

He opened the door, with Dorn following shortly behind him. He waited for the two of his temporary allies to catch up and remained ready to close the door, or if need be; run out to help either of them.

NEW ITEMS: Bombs: Four explosive bombs, as well as two smoke bombs.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle/Chapel

As soon as the bomb blew up and the golem went down in the armory, Arya dashed out of the room, grabbing two more crossbow bolts along the way. The hallway was already becoming crowded with constructs closing in on either side, and there was no way that the girl was going to attempt to get past all of those. Hearing the sound of breaking glass, she turned to see that the man with the wolf had broken the window and was jumping out. Well, it's better than staying here, she thought to herself, approaching the window as well. She watched briefly as the man made a dash for the chapel, then climbed over the edge of the window herself, jumping out and landing on the ground below, water falling down with her like raindrops and landing around her, pooling up around her again.

Crack. Once Arya landed on the ground below, pain shot through her right side where the golem had landed a hit before. The hit from the golem, though grazing, was still significant enough, and with the jolt of her landing from the window, it was enough to cause one of her ribs to crack. She didn't make any sound of pain, and her face showed not a hint of any sort of discomfort, but her hand shot to her side, gripping it tightly. She would have to heal that as soon as possible, but she had to make it to the chapel first, away from the golems that were intent on eradicating her and the others. One such golem was moving towards her now, while she was still stuck kneeling on the ground. Cursing under her breath, Arya dropped her scythe and swung the crossbow around to a shooting position, grabbing it and firing it at the metal construct. The bolt hit, the added impact from the crossbow's enchantment knocking it down briefly. Quickly putting the crossbow back and picking up her scythe again, the girl forced herself to her feet, then forced herself to run towards the chapel, each stride jolting and causing more pain to her cracked rib. Another golem ran towards her, getting too close for her to use the crossbow. Instead, Arya swung her scythe around in a sweeping motion, catching the construct with the blade and the pole hitting hard and sending it stumbling back, just enough for her to run past. That attack had hurt her ribs even more, but she had to keep moving, as she was almost there. Another push forward, another sprint, and...she made it.

She ran through the door that had been opened by the man with the wolf, stumbling at the end of her stride and crumpling over slightly, coughing up blood. Her hand gripped her side again as she struggled to catch her breath now, as even the perfect mask of neutrality that she had worn on her expression began to slip, showing the slightest hint of pain. Still, she couldn't stop just yet. Regaining her composure, the girl forced herself to straighten up, set her scythe down, grab the crossbow, and aim out the door, ready to give cover to the other man who had yet to make it to the chapel. She had three crossbow bolts left, which would hopefully be more than enough until she had the chance to finally heal herself.

Ventrue

Soon, several golems would flood the areas around the chapel, but not enter. The aura of holy grounds in which Gods are present was repulsive to these dark powers. They were unwelcome. They could not enter. The golems merely watched the building from afar with the same, hate-filled eyes, powerless to do anything to anyone inside.

Ventrue gave a brief glance at Arya. "You're injured. There's got to be medical supplies somewhere in this place. I've got bandages with me, but I doubt they'll help a broken ribcage. A thing like that warrants surgery. We need potions at least, or better yet; magic," he started looking around the place. His first thought was to help her, even though any normal person would obsess over their own safety as they were surrounded by a bunch of enemies. "I'll go see if there's anything in the other rooms. You two stay here," he briefly moved around to Dorn and Arya, with a commanding voice before walking away.

Dorn sat down and watched Arya calmly.

Creak... Ventrue opened up the old wooden door with Blue Rose, the mithril shortsword in his hand. He explored the small but destroyed room and found a healing potion. It was not unheard of for clergymen to keep herbs and potions that brought vigor and health in their rooms, especially in the older days. All of it was a precaution should they be required to provide care for some unexpected guest. Ventrue left the room and returned to Arya, throwing the potion gently in her direction. "That's all I could find. Now, onto the matters at hand... We'll have to find a way to get rid of these golems. Any ideas?" he looked at Dorn, who barked back at him, then he looked at Arya and Johnathan.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue

Soon, several golems would flood the areas around the chapel, but not enter. The aura of holy grounds in which Gods are present was repulsive to these dark powers. They were unwelcome. They could not enter. The golems merely watched the building from afar with the same, hate-filled eyes, powerless to do anything to anyone inside.

Ventrue gave a brief glance at Arya. "You're injured. There's got to be medical supplies somewhere in this place. I've got bandages with me, but I doubt they'll help a broken ribcage. A thing like that warrants surgery. We need potions at least, or better yet; magic," he started looking around the place. His first thought was to help her, even though any normal person would obsess over their own safety as they were surrounded by a bunch of enemies. "I'll go see if there's anything in the other rooms. You two stay here," he briefly moved around to Dorn and Arya, with a commanding voice before walking away.

Dorn sat down and watched Arya calmly.

Creak... Ventrue opened up the old wooden door with Blue Rose, the mithril shortsword in his hand. He explored the small but destroyed room and found a healing potion. It was not unheard of for clergymen to keep herbs and potions that brought vigor and health in their rooms, especially in the older days. All of it was a precaution should they be required to provide care for some unexpected guest. Ventrue left the room and returned to Arya, throwing the potion gently in her direction. "That's all I could find. Now, onto the matters at hand... We'll have to find a way to get rid of these golems. Any ideas?" he looked at Dorn, who barked back at him, then he looked at Arya and Johnathan.

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle- Chapel

"If we can knock them in, they'll get banished ,or at bare minimum purified." John said. "We could bust out of here through a wall and run. I don't have magic strong enough to get rid of these things."

The egg spoke up with what could possibly be a better idea. "You should infuse his bombs with Holy Magic. That should do some damage. Potentially enough to clear them."

He looked around the chapel. "My egg is right as always. In this chapel, Holy Magic is much stronger, so those bombs should clear it out quite easily..........unless there's any other ideas." Golems were typically weak to Water, Ice, and explosions. In this case, they were weak to Holy as well
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle - Chapel

Arya put the crossbow away once the other man had made it into the chapel, too, then leaned against the door frame for support while watching the golems flood the area. She looked over as the man with the wolf spoke about her injuries. "Ah, no, I can--" she started, trying to explain that she could heal herself, but the man had already left. Oh well, she thought, simply beginning to undo the straps on her left gauntlet to take it off. She had just taken the piece of armor off when the man came back and threw a potion at her. She reached out and caught it, then inspected in, the water at her feet twisting suspiciously. It could be poison. I can't heal poison...but why would he poison me now? He could have attempted to kill me in the armory instead, she popped off the top of the bottle and sniffed the liquid within, Because humans are cruel and unusual, and don't like to fight fair, she thought to herself, struggling with whether or not to trust the potion. It didn't smell like poison, at least, but...

Arya put cap back onto the bottle and set the potion to the side. She wasn't about to trust it, it was too high of a risk for her. Instead, she put her bare hand over her ribs, and a blue light began to glow from it as her cracked rib began to mend. The pain was awful, so much so that she struggled to keep it from showing on her face, and she had to grit her teeth to keep from crying out. Her vision was beginning to get blurry as well, it was hard to concentrate... She stopped, her hand dropping to her side and the intense pain fading away to a duller one. She had manage to mend the crack, though her ribs were still bruised. Reaching out with her bare hand to her scythe now, Arya gripped it, one of the blue inserts going dark as she did, as energy flowed back into her.

Now regaining her composure, the girl took in the situation at hand. Golems surrounded them, and three voices discussing what to do about them...wait, three? Arya glanced over at the two men. There were definitely only two people other than herself, and she certainly hadn't spoken...the man was talking about an egg. This piqued her curiosity, and she found herself staring at the man, looking him over and wondering just what kind of egg he had. After a moment, she spoke. "There are only four bombs, correct? That might not be enough to get through all of them. Can you infuse water with your holy magic?" she asked, an idea forming. If the bombs infused with holy magic cleared out the majority of the golems, she could send holy water at the remaining constructs to help clear them out.

Ventrue

Ventrue picked up a bunch of, what seemed to be a dark gray string and an unlit torch from a nearby wall and started doing something whilst the two of them talked.

"Here's my idea. Since I'm the owner of this castle, it is my duty to treat my guests right." He stood proudly with a determined frown as he watched the golems. "It is only right that you three leave while I serve as a distraction. Dorn, lead them off the mountain with the safest path then return here to see if I'm still alive, got it? I don't wanna end up as a skeleton that adventurers will loot." he looked at the dog, who barked at him in denial. Dorn wanted to stay with his master.

Ventrue looked at the one golem he managed to exorcise earlier. Its eyes turned red again as it was re-possessed by the dark force. "Besides, they want me, not you guys. Indeed, I already have a plan."

Ventrue ran out of the building and made his way through the crowd of golems, barely managing to dodge their attacks as he ran past them. He started climbing a wall that protected the castle. The golems, having no other way to get to him, started picking up rocks and miscellaneous items from the ground and throwing them in Ventrue's direction, only to have them be sliced out of the air with Ventrue's sword that cut cleanly through them in clean arcs. What he was doing required either tremendous skill or luck, or both. And still, he managed to climb the rocky wall with just one hand and paying half the required attention. Soon after, he made his way over the ledge and the golems followed him up the stairs.

Ventrue ran along the battlements and jumped over cracks in the wall to avoid damaging it further and falling, then came to a stop as he saw golems on the other side of the wall. He was in a pinch, but he smiled instead and waited for them to get closer patiently. Eventually, he started running in the other direction to the very middle of the wall. All of the golems in the castle managed to flood it by that time, except for a few that stood below should he jump off of the wall. They surrounded him completely and the only remaining choice was to jump off which would result in injury on his side and being caught by whatever golems remained below. Despite that, he seemed confident he could take them all on.

Dorn

The wolf barked at the two numerous times. Dorn knew that his master was better than dying for such a stupid thing. He wouldn't be doing it without a plan that ensured his survival, knowing what kind of fate awaited him. Dorn led the way out of the chapel and out of the castle through another exit, hoping the two would follow him.

(This is unrealistic. The castle is at the peak of a mountain. You won't be wandering there from an alley. Plus, birdsie is at the bottom of the mountain looking up at said abandoned castle. No way you could see him. Not being rude, just saying.)

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle

Johnathan ended up at that castle after getting lost in the mountains. His runed chainmail was a life saver, as it kept him heated at a high altitude. He took shelter in the castle to weather a storm the night before and ended sleeping there. Now, he'd take the time to explore and hopefully he'd find something of interest. Weaponry, treasure, scrolls, something useful in this place. He patted himself down.
Sword? Check
Dagger? Check
Money? Check
Orb?.........

He got frantic as his patting got erratic. Where the hell was his orb?!
"Christ! I need that orb!"

Item lost: Mysterious Orb

Orb
In a bush at the base of the mountain

The orb sat in a nearby bush at the base of the mountain, which could be seen easily by the fact that the bush was completely frozen over, as well as the ground around the orb. The orb radiated Ice magic and the air progressively got colder as one approached it. A man approached to where the orb was
"HEY YOU!" The orb said. The orb's voice was childish and loud with urgency. The orb flashed blue with every word it spoke. "I NEED YOUR HELP!" As the orb yelled it twitched and the ice around it grew into crystals that kept growing larger and larger. Since the voice came from what should be an inanimate object, it could take a moment to find it, even with this visual spectacle
Birdsie Birdsie
(He wrote = The beginning of our adventure is where the story of my ancestors began," he said to his wolfy companion and stepped forward, starting to climb without proper gear, and for me Durab Lane is close to the mountain peak, explained. Not being rude ;p)

Location = In front of Castle Gates

I'd look around. "Surprised he didn't fall. Ill wait it out here, so when he comes crawling back out when a golem of somesort gets him, i can loot him. Clever tactics once again." I'd sit there for hours listening to a battle. I'd start juggling rocks while just stareing. Eventually getting bored i peeked inside the castle...

Ventrue

Ventrue picked up a bunch of, what seemed to be a dark gray string and an unlit torch from a nearby wall and started doing something whilst the two of them talked.

"Here's my idea. Since I'm the owner of this castle, it is my duty to treat my guests right." He stood proudly with a determined frown as he watched the golems. "It is only right that you three leave while I serve as a distraction. Dorn, lead them off the mountain with the safest path then return here to see if I'm still alive, got it? I don't wanna end up as a skeleton that adventurers will loot." he looked at the dog, who barked at him in denial. Dorn wanted to stay with his master.

Ventrue looked at the one golem he managed to exorcise earlier. Its eyes turned red again as it was re-possessed by the dark force. "Besides, they want me, not you guys. Indeed, I already have a plan."

Ventrue ran out of the building and made his way through the crowd of golems, barely managing to dodge their attacks as he ran past them. He started climbing a wall that protected the castle. The golems, having no other way to get to him, started picking up rocks and miscellaneous items from the ground and throwing them in Ventrue's direction, only to have them be sliced out of the air with Ventrue's sword that cut cleanly through them in clean arcs. What he was doing required either tremendous skill or luck, or both. And still, he managed to climb the rocky wall with just one hand and paying half the required attention. Soon after, he made his way over the ledge and the golems followed him up the stairs.

Ventrue ran along the battlements and jumped over cracks in the wall to avoid damaging it further and falling, then came to a stop as he saw golems on the other side of the wall. He was in a pinch, but he smiled instead and waited for them to get closer patiently. Eventually, he started running in the other direction to the very middle of the wall. All of the golems in the castle managed to flood it by that time, except for a few that stood below should he jump off of the wall. They surrounded him completely and the only remaining choice was to jump off which would result in injury on his side and being caught by whatever golems remained below. Despite that, he seemed confident he could take them all on.

Dorn

The wolf barked at the two numerous times. Dorn knew that his master was better than dying for such a stupid thing. He wouldn't be doing it without a plan that ensured his survival, knowing what kind of fate awaited him. Dorn led the way out of the chapel and out of the castle through another exit, hoping the two would follow him.

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Chapel -------> Armory ---------> Exit

"He's just trying to get us out of here while he takes everything for himself," the egg said indignantly

"Of course he is," John said. "He seems to think that this castle belongs to him. The king has claimed all this shit. If the military sees us in here, we're all under arrest." John didn't think for a second that this stuff belong to him legally. Maybe he feels entitled to it since he was descendant from the people who owned it, but the law doesn't care about feels nor prophecy.......but then again this could all be speculation because John knew nor cared not about the laws

"But whatever. Let's get going." John didn't find any reason to stay in the castle though. He wanted to grab a blade from the armory. One before moving out. He made his way back to the armory, jumping and dodging Golems, as well as stunning them with Precision Holy and grabbed 2 items before catching up with the wolf

Items Dropped: Simple Sword and Simple Shield

Item Acquired: Templar Sword
An ancient sword wielded by Templar warriors. Slightly increases the strength of Holy Spells
thumbnail.asp

Item Acquired: Goat Shield
An ancient shield with 2 Spells. It has wooden outsides and metal insides. It was used by soldiers who specialize with spears or short axes. The spells can't be used simultaneously and cooldown affects both spells. The Ram spell was used to clear narrow corridors or as a breaching agent, while the charge spell was used to knock down or stun heavier targets, charge through crowds to get to a high profile target, or against soldiers on horseback

While the shield is mostly wooden for its lightness, the metal plate protects against thrusts and arrows. This elite shield typically has a cooldown of about 3 minutes
  1. Charge: Sends the user forward in a high speed shield bash, the strength of an artillery strike. Can't turn around without stopping the spell and going on cooldown. Must have shield in hand.
  2. Ram: Summons a ram to charge at the target. Can send all but the heaviest target through a brick wall and instantly kill unarmored targets with a direct hit. Can be used while shield is on back
WS-94.png

He then took off after the wolf, his new sword in his hand and shield strapped on his back. "Where are you leading us, wolf?"
Birdsie Birdsie
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Dorn

The wolf led Johnathan and Arya out of the castle through an alternate exit. Soon enough, one could hear several explosions and what seemed to be stone breaking off in the distance. Something definitely happened. Dorn barked at the two several times, seemingly saying goodbye, before it ran back in, probably to see if his master was still alive. Wolves were beings of honor and loyalty; they could spend days and nights at the graves of their masters out of the connection they shared.

Ventrue

Ventrue smiled and looked the torch he previously took. He laid it on the stone below his legs, then took some flint in his hand and lit it. He took it in his hand again and lit four strings that he held in his hand this whole time. The string was actually a fuse that led to the bombs he placed on the wall. Soon, the lit fuses reached their bombs and the way the bombs were placed caused the wall's structural integrity to break.

All of the golems fell underneath stone and rubble, either destroyed, gravely damaged, or immobilized in the very least. Ventrue remained in the one, safe spot away from the carnage. He climbed back down the wall and looked to see if any more golems remained. There were none. Ventrue walked through the yard and decided it was the time that he himself left. He had ruined the whole sanctity of the place just to deal with a few golems.

Dorn returned to his master and the two walked out through what remained of the front gate, only to stumble upon some five-year-old and a weird alchemist.

Ventrue adjusted his mask. "Good grief." He walked past them and down the road to the nearest city. He had to sell the treasures he looted and buy himself a few in the tavern.

Dorn barked at Ventrue several times. Ventrue looked at the wolf. "The golems were too easy for me. We'll look for better enemies next time," he coldly stated, slowly getting tired of this place. Ventrue was actually having second thoughts. About his curse. About his future. Depressing ones. He shrugged it off and gave Dorn a heartwarming smile, as the two walked forward.

YukGen YukGen Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Arya Tinuviel

Arya watched as the man left with some sort of plan of distracting the golems while they left the area. Meh, better him than me. Too bad though, there's probably some good loot left in the castle. She was not about to go back in to try to find it, however. She already had the daggers that she could sell, and she wanted to get to a place where she could heal herself more fully, anyway.

Arya followed the wolf to the exit. When the other man left, the puddle that constantly accompanied her calmed down from its constant, slow bubbling. Of course, when he returned it started bubbling again, but at least it gave her an opportunity. She was curious about that talking egg of his; maybe it was because of some instinctual need to know others of her species, though consciously she was unaware that the egg was a dragon's egg, as she had never met a dragon before.

Explosions sounded off behind them, and the wolf barked its goodbyes. Arya nodded at the canine in response and watched it run off back to its master, then turned to face the man with the egg. Putting on a friendly smile to try to put him at ease, she spoke. "Excuse me for prying, but I have to ask. That voice that's been talking to you...earlier, did you say that it was an egg?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Toza Ruthgard
A brawny old man sat high on the mountain with his legs dangling off the cliff side. He picked his teeth with a combat knife, his belly full from his recent meal. A smoldering campfire smoked nearby, and the man moved to put it out when a distant explosion rang out. With his goggles magnifying the land below, it didn't take long to discover the source of the commotion. A supposedly abandoned castle's walls were collapsing, and he could even see a few figures around it.

He usually had no interest for looters, but it seemed as if more interesting things were transpiring below. With some luck, he might find a souvenir in the castle rubble while pasting through. The man leaped off the cliff without hesitation and slid down the rocky mountainside. He reached the base of the particular cliff without too much difficulty. A grin slowly grew on his face as he began to jog, gradually increasing his speed as he traveled down the trail.

Ventrue

A little north of the mountain was a large city. Out in the market, a very interesting figure wearing silky, rich clothing and a mask with two blades at his side underneath his cape walked among the commoners trading with several necklaces and rings of gold, selling them for over two hundred gold pieces to various merchants. This was enough to buy a small farm of pigs. The riches of his family would be a good way to start adventuring.

Accompanied by a wolf, Ventrue walked through the crowds and into an alleyway, where several thugs were waiting for him. "What ya got there, man?" one of them snarled.
"Nunna," Ventrue replied.
"Nunna what?" the thug asked.
"Nunna your business." Ventrue drew his sword to intimidate the trouble seekers.
"Oh, we got a fighter here!" one of them chuckled.

[FIVE MINUTES LATER]

Another one of the thugs flew in through the door of the tavern, his beaten, barely conscious body hitting the floor like a rucksack full of heavy items. He slowly moved away from the shadowy silhouette that blocked the sun. From behind this figure, a wolf ran toward the thug to bite him, but Ventrue stopped his companion. "No. We've done enough to these gentlemen." At this point, everyone in the tavern had their attention turned toward Ventrue and Dorn. The thug that they beat up so badly ran out the tavern, screaming in fear. Ventrue looked at him as he fled, stepping to the side to let him run. Then, the masked man walked over to the counter and laid a single golden piece on the counter.

"Whatever you recommend," Ventrue politely ordered. The barman turned his back on Ventrue, picking up the coin and preparing a drink for him. "Say, is there any work out here for a man of my skills?"
"Depends. What are your skills?" the barman turned one eye to look at Ventrue. What he saw was a spoiled noble looking for a more adventuresome lifestyle. "Anything if it's interesting," he said.

The barman laughed, serving Ventrue his beer with a drop of honey. "Look, young man. If you wanna make a coin, you're better off leaving the work to the professionals and go enlist in the city guard," the barman started cleaning one of the glasses with a piece of cloth. Ventrue frowned at him and dropped a bag onto the table, revealing its contents to be gold. "I made this in one day," he threw one coin to the barman. "How about you show me some respect before I teach it to you?" he said, almost pridefully, and closed the bag again, moving it back into one of his pockets.

Suddenly, the barman became nice. "Now, now. Don't get mad, sir! I was just joking around. Well, if you're looking for work, I suppose you can check out the local hunting job. There's a chimera walking near the city, killed two farmers and a bunch of livestock. The farmers will pay top coin if you eliminate it and bring them its head." Ventrue brought the mug closer to his lips and drank all of it in one go, getting up. "Consider it done."

Ventrue and Dorn both walked out of the tavern.

(Open for interaction)

A Common City && A Common Crime

The afternoon sun's rays had placed almost a mirage effect on the city of Tizca; as the ocean winds from the South barely made it past the Feral Mountains to embrace it with it's cool breezes.
Norunni didn't mind the heat fortunately.
What she did mind was that it could make a few minds lazier than usual. With her short frame, she could easily weave through crowds, and if she wanted to, she could just jump over them from balconies to rooftops of buildings. But she didn't, because she was here as a tourist, not some odd-looking dwarf assassin.

With the fifth time bumping into human elbows, or waists, Noru decided that she would probably end up losing her voice (as well as her "peaceful tourist reputation") if she stayed wandering the streets flowing with passerbys.

"Hey, excuse!" The dwarfkin piped up as she jogged up to a lone lizard-man that was almost buried neck-deep into strange scrolls. A inquisitive hiss came from the other. He had eyes like a crocodile, and blinked just like one too.
"Ya, so, I'll keep it short 'cause you look -- right, right. Do you know where Tizca's market is?" She asked him as the heels of her boots was slowly digging a little hole in the spaces that kept the stones of the path together.
"Hmmm...There be a Black Tizca Market and a Common Tizca Market...I like the Black Tizca -- has more to offer. But you...look like you want to go to Common Tizca -- it be right of here, if you go straight from where you are now." He replied and flicked his tongue.
Norunni quirked a brow but thanked him nonetheless. When she had turned her back she could feel the reptile's eyes watching her go, though the stare didn't last long as she already was swallowed into the crowd. The lizardman probably saw the judgemental look she gave him when she said her thanks.

Surprisingly, the Market wasn't as nearly crowded as the main pathway and for that the dwarfkin was grateful.
While she was about to wander into a stall that was selling dusty-looking tomes and dishevelled books, she sensed a speeding presence behind her --
Guess, she sensed it tad TOO late.

Norunni was shoved harshly into the stall where she hit the table, taking a couple of the products down with her as she sat shocked and dazed on the ground. When the dwarfkin regained herself, whoever it was, was running down the street like a crazed idiot with only a few days to live. She groaned and shoved the tomes and books off of her, then stood up and dusted herself off.
But...where's her knapsack?

Hazel eyes suddenly began to brighten as her head snapped towards the direction of the crazed idiot.
"Oi, oi, oi!!" She hollered as she sped after him and merely muted out the complaints of the stall owner.
A couple white sigils began to glow by her boots, and within an blink, she was a good few metres behind him. If she was a human, probably arm's reach, but heck, she was a dwarfkin.

The thief already looked badly bruised and probably suffered a recent beating -- and the sight of it made her blood boil even further. Even in their weakened state, they still bothered to steal? Was it because of her statue? How small and so defenseless looking she was?

"Bloody idiot, couldn't ya see I was still ARMED?!" Norunni growled as the sigils by her boots began to glow white again...

...and she sped right into a wall when the thief had swiftly rounded a corner that led to the Black Tizca Markets.

coding; allrightsreserved crucialstar
xixBe8a.jpg

TAGS

Scenario: There goes her knapsack, she probably has a booboo too.
Mood: Infuriated
Tags: Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue

Ventrue happened to be passing by and observed the whole situation. A dwarfkin woman just had her stuff stolen from her and hit a wall as the thief managed to evade her. Ventrue felt his blood boiling at the crime.

He approached her with a friendly smile, hiding a frown behind. "Tough luck, I guess," he almost chuckled. He looked at Norunni and introduced himself. "Most people call me Ventrue. I make coin from adventuring and different jobs, but I don't mind punching law into people's heads. Indeed, I consider myself duty-bound to do so, and I suppose I failed, my apologies," he gave her a bow. "You'd think he at least thought twice before stealing after the beating I gave to him and his pals. Welp. I should've went harder on him. This one's on me," he went after the thief to continue his education on why you don't steal from people. He pat her shoulder and walked past her toward the black market.

As he entered, the scum in all corners stared at him like at an idiot walking into a lion's den. They saw a rich noble. A rich noble. And he seemed to be alone except for a wolf companion. Can you ask for a more perfect target? Suddenly, the thug that Ventrue beat up earlier turned around to see him. "H-Holy shit. You again?" he drew his sword instantly, recognizing a threat. "Good grief. You scum just never learn. Give that woman's possessions back to her, before I give you something," he said, raising his fist with an angered frown.

The scum and black market dealers were staring at the situation. It had garnered quite the attention.

Instead, the thug that Ventrue threatened put his hand on his collar and pulled it lightly. It was a signal to the other members of his gang that they should attack from behind. Two such men ran at Ventrue from behind. The one to Ventrue's right was knocked to the floor instantly, with one precise elbow slam to his belly, as Ventrue lowered his upper body to avoid an attack from the second thug who was simultaneously bitten in the leg by Ventrue's ferocious wolf companion. As the gangster was being held in place by the wolf who bit deep into his leg, all Ventrue had to do was punch him in the face at full force to send him flying into the wooden stand of a merchant. The two of them were defeated in lightning speed, enough to give a scare and good show to the others.

"Y-You're kidding me, right?.... HELP!" the thief yelled for help. A group of thieves and bandits surrounded Ventrue in a circle, preparing to attack. "Good grief, I see where this is going." Ventrue drew his mithril shortsword and prepared for a fight. Even he couldn't beat these many people. "Hmph," he looked around for a vantage point. Then he looked at the dwarfkin woman he was helping and hatched a plan in his head. "Care to help me? I have an idea in mind."

He slid down a smoke bomb down his sleeve and into his free hand and kept it hidden from the thugs, whilst trying to show it to Norunni. He was hoping she caught on with his gist: He was going to throw the smoke bomb onto the ground and whilst the thugs were confused, the two of them would take her stuff back from the thief.

Vol Vol

Medraut Bleak
Abandoned Mountain

A single half-elf sat against a tree, with a personal diary laid on his legs and a quill in his hand. He was writing an entry...

Entry 521

Dear diary!
It's been almost a month since I set out from the forest. I've encountered a giant rat today and hurt it with my sword after it bit me. I managed to get some help in a temple I passed by, the clergymen helped me.

Yesterday, I met a rockman that told me I need to head north to get to Tizca, and that I'll pass by a castle of the Aurelians on my way there. I was thinking of maybe going to explore the place. I'm getting near. Wish me luck.

Briefly holding the quill against his cheek, he thought of what to write further as he looked into the sky, almost looking for divine inspiration. Then he heard a loud BANG! sound. Medraut jumped up in fear and looked around, curling into the fetal position for a second.

"Phew," he closed his journal and put all of his things back into his backpack, then ran to check what happened.

As expected of someone of his kind, the half-elf remained hidden. He crouched down and kept his head down, standing on a cliff above the castle and observing the movement there from it. He did not reveal himself, no matter what. No matter what... Wait... is that Toza the Wild? Medraut's mouth opened in awe. "I need to get an autograph! I hope he knows how to write!" he jumped down the cliff and slid down the cliff, then ran up to the bulky man.

He barely caught up with Toza, and whilst huffing and puffing, he looked up at the man with large eyes. "E-Excuse me, s-sir..." he said, stuttering, partly because of being shy, and partly because he was also running. "A-Are you... really... Toza? You l-look, very similar to what the rumors s-say!" he exclaimed, barely capable of speaking, again, from a mixture of awe and exhaustion. Medraut was rather frail when put up against a strong man like Toza.

(the fanboy is strong with this one.)

Interacting w/
Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie

In the area:
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx YukGen YukGen Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Arya Tinuviel

Arya watched as the man left with some sort of plan of distracting the golems while they left the area. Meh, better him than me. Too bad though, there's probably some good loot left in the castle. She was not about to go back in to try to find it, however. She already had the daggers that she could sell, and she wanted to get to a place where she could heal herself more fully, anyway.

Arya followed the wolf to the exit. When the other man left, the puddle that constantly accompanied her calmed down from its constant, slow bubbling. Of course, when he returned it started bubbling again, but at least it gave her an opportunity. She was curious about that talking egg of his; maybe it was because of some instinctual need to know others of her species, though consciously she was unaware that the egg was a dragon's egg, as she had never met a dragon before.

Explosions sounded off behind them, and the wolf barked its goodbyes. Arya nodded at the canine in response and watched it run off back to its master, then turned to face the man with the egg. Putting on a friendly smile to try to put him at ease, she spoke. "Excuse me for prying, but I have to ask. That voice that's been talking to you...earlier, did you say that it was an egg?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Mountainside

"Aye," John said. He held up the egg. "This annoying ass thing that I love to death for some reason. An Ice Dragon to be"

The egg violently wiggled in John's hand. "You're completely incompetent! What kind of father let's his child fall to the bottom of the mountain?! You haven't even given me a name yet!"

John sighed. "Sapphira! Your name is gonna be Sapphira! Happy now?!"

The egg gasped. It repeated the name a bunch of times in a low voice. While it determined the worth of such a name, John looked to this woman. "I'm Johnathan Edward Weiss. John is fine. What brought you up to the mountain to the castle in the first place?" He asked her, in the most friendly manner. He'd always loved talking to people. This woman didn't seem like one to just attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back