• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Adventure simulator

Historical Storyteller

Four Thousand Club
I shall return.

+

The Questionnaire.

Bear with me and answer a few questions.

1. What would you like to do?

2. In what era, from late medieval to modern times will this take place?

3. Are you willing to take control of many characters, even if they are not the protagonists of the story?

We could go on a hunting trip together or go play sports (I'm new but I'll learn). We could simply go shopping or be friends spending time in the library.

Modern times.

Yes, up to a few supporting characters.

+

Charter of the Historical Storyteller of the 10th of February of 2021.

I must ask for your patience and the best of your charity, for I am running three interest checks at once and I am greatly burdened by the weight of it. The thoughts of things that could happen but do not is a weight on my conscience. In order that I may organize my energy in the most efficient manner possible I will devote one or two days to a certain interest check then move on to the next. To allow myself the liberty to spend one or two days on a project gives me more power to focus on specific tasks and thus I am much more effective.

In order that you should not be left alone to yourselves I will appoint officers over you. There shall be an executive officer in my place when I am absent. This one shall be picked by me and I shall bear full responsibility for the actions of the executive officer. And should there be technical needs (special knowledge) or administrative needs (to manage many people) I will appoint officers for this as well. I, as the leader, and the executive officer shall bear responsibility for the actions of these officers and so on. So may God help us poor sinners!

The executive officer cannot appoint officers on his own but can recommend them.

I must talk with the authorities on this matter.

Should you find yourselves waiting too long or simply wish to talk you may send me a Private Message as well.

At this point of time, I find these measures sufficient for the present and the near future. It is possible that with this alone we can sustain this project for if used wisely we will last a long time.

It shall be organized as this:

Tactics Simulator will be first.
Community Simulator will be second.
Adventure Simulator will be third.
The traveler of the middle ages fourth.
If I be present in a certain Simulator I will announce, "I have returned." in the first post or produce a new post saying that.
If I should leave I shall announce my departure saying, "I shall return." in the first post or produce a new post saying that. I shall also state the number of days left before I have returned.
At my discretion I will appoint an executive officer in my place when I am absent.
A list of active members will be compiled.
A list of officers will be compiled if needed. If members are included then we shall compose a hierarchy.
Prayer is strongly encouraged. I will provide a list of prayers.
I will rest on Sundays.

+

List of active members.
Not needed.

+

List of Officers.
Hierarchy.
Not needed.

+

Prayers.

+

Last edited:
1 - Hm... it's kind of a broad question. I guess I'm up for just about anything. Treasure-hunting, camping, exploring a city, going around the world, or juts be friends in a neighborhood going through their daily lives together.

2 - Modern most likely, since that's my favorite time period. However a victorian setting wouldn't be a bad idea, or something around the 90's or early 2000's could be used if we want a slightly less modern approach.

3 - Many characters is the name of my game. I tend to get bored if I have just one character, and tend to love having a large cast of side characters who can contribute to the plot in many different ways. So yeah, I can take control of a lot of characters, as many as you need.

1 - Hm... it's kind of a broad question. I guess I'm up for just about anything. Treasure-hunting, camping, exploring a city, going around the world, or juts be friends in a neighborhood going through their daily lives together.

2 - Modern most likely, since that's my favorite time period. However a victorian setting wouldn't be a bad idea, or something around the 90's or early 2000's could be used if we want a slightly less modern approach.

3 - Many characters is the name of my game. I tend to get bored if I have just one character, and tend to love having a large cast of side characters who can contribute to the plot in many different ways. So yeah, I can take control of a lot of characters, as many as you need.

A broad question, yes, but I now see that it is important for we can now add events to the story like how we add flavor to our cooking. But if I had to select one thing, we could be friends travelling together. We could go explore a city then go on a hunting trip next week. Etc.

I'm less familiar with the Victorian Age but I can try.

I have more ideas but I have to think more about these first. Bear with me.

I like the idea of adding events that can add flavor to the story. Something like travelling together sounds great.

Honestly the victorian age is something I'm not very familiar with myself, but I just suggested it as an alternative. My favorite is a modern era, with victorian being an alternative if we don't do modern.

I must ask for your patience and the best of your charity, for I am running three interest checks at once and I am greatly burdened by the weight of it. The thoughts of things that could happen but do not is a weight on my conscience. In order that I may organize my energy in the most efficient manner possible I will devote one or two days to a certain interest check then move on to the next. To allow myself the liberty to spend one or two days on a project gives me more power to focus on specific tasks and thus I am much more effective.

In order that you should not be left alone to yourselves I will appoint officers over you. There shall be an executive officer in my place when I am absent. This one shall be picked by me and I shall bear full responsibility for the actions of the executive officer. And should there be technical needs (special knowledge) or administrative needs (to manage many people) I will appoint officers for this as well. I, as the leader, and the executive officer shall bear responsibility for the actions of these officers and so on. So may God help us poor sinners!

The executive officer cannot appoint officers on his own but can recommend them.

I must talk with the authorities on this matter.

Should you find yourselves waiting too long or simply wish to talk you may send me a Private Message as well.

At this point of time, I find these measures sufficient for the present and the near future. It is possible that with this alone we can sustain this project for if used wisely we will last a long time.

If I be present in a certain Simulator I will announce, "I have returned." in the first post or produce a new post saying that.
If I should leave I shall announce my departure saying, "I shall return." in the first post or produce a new post saying that. I shall also state the number of days left before I have returned.
At my discretion I will appoint an executive officer in my place when I am absent.
A list of active members will be compiled.
A list of officers will be compiled if needed. If members are included then we shall compose a hierarchy.
Prayer is strongly encouraged. I will provide a list of prayers.
I will rest on Sundays.

Last edited:

I will rest on Sundays.
Yeah, I noticed you had several interest checks at once. I've replied in the Community Simulator and the Adventure Simulator interest checks. I found it rather strange that you'd have so many, since it definitely takes a lot of time and dedication to run one group RP, let alone three at once. Perhaps you could just prioritize the ones that seem to be getting the most interest?

Also, I'd suggest just making OOC threads and announcing anything there.

1. What would you like to do? When I think adventure I think things like epic journeys (which may or may not have an eventual end goal) or exploration of ancient tombs and ruins so something along those lines.

2. In what era, from late medieval to modern times will this take place? For an epic journey sort of plot then I feel like Medieval or Renaissance would work best for the setting. For the exploration option then I'm kind of digging the idea of a 1920's or 1930's setting. Think The Mummy(yes, the Brendan Fraser one) or Indiana Jones.

3. Are you willing to take control of many characters, even if they are not the protagonists of the story? Absolutely! Whenever I RP I always have one or two main characters I'm controlling plus countless major NPC's(those that are recurring) and minor NPC's(those who may only appear in a scene or two).

Yeah, I noticed you had several interest checks at once. I've replied in the Community Simulator and the Adventure Simulator interest checks. I found it rather strange that you'd have so many, since it definitely takes a lot of time and dedication to run one group RP, let alone three at once. Perhaps you could just prioritize the ones that seem to be getting the most interest?

Also, I'd suggest just making OOC threads and announcing anything there.

Pst, take this to the Private Messages. People need to see my message. Delete that please! I beg you, man.

Edit: Never mind. I have a better idea! You can still delete this at your discretion and take this to the Private Messages.

Edit: Trust me. No matter how bad things seem I am confident of victory. You can't beat a winning spirit.

Last edited:
What do you all think of the charter? Is it too strict? Do we even need these? It is best to give this at least a week, but I will give this a whole month for us to agree on.

Edit: Speak your mind as early as now. It will be hard to change later and you may be forced to hold your peace. This is not the only charter I can compose. I can even do away with all of this.

What do you all think of the charter? Is it too strict? Do we even need these? It is best to give this at least a week, but I will give this a whole month for us to agree on.

Edit: Speak your mind as early as now. It will be hard to change later and you may be forced to hold your peace. This is not the only charter I can compose. I can even do away with all of this.
Charter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back