• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[ advanced ] mxm, sci-fi / fantasy plot

suitgrunge

a black tie affair.

Equipoise

(m x m)

A tentative connection binds the increasingly-hazardous paths of an immortal (A) - carefully disguised in the chaotic flush of a world in which he is the first and only of his kind - and a time traveler (B) who appears unpredictably throughout his everlasting existence, hailing from a far future in which his only goal is to eliminate those with indefinite lifespans.

Hey all! So this particular plot here actually has a good bit of detail that I'm leaving out now for the sake of brevity, but it's something I've been wanting to try for some time now. If there's any interest at all, I'll be happy to expound upon it! c; 

Having said that, there are (of course) a few requirements:

• You must be able to manage at least 6-8 decent-sized paragraphs with each post. This is an advanced roleplay, and I'd expect my partner to write accordingly (it goes without saying that your grammar, spelling, etc. should be decent as well). 
  • I know activity is never a definite subject with longer projects, but please keep in touch with me from time to time. I'm happy to chat with my partner about anything, and I'll understand completely if you're crunched on time now and again. I myself both work and attend school, though you should rarely see me post less than once a week. 
  • Please: no ultra-feminine / ultra-masculine characters. This is really one of my only restrictions as far as profiles go; when writing same-gender relationships, I strongly prefer that no character is able to be immediately singled out as "the girl" or "the guy" when neither of those roles are actually a part of the relationship. I have no interest in pre-determined "roles". (This doesn't mean the character has to be completely devoid of "submissive" or "dominating" tendencies, but please do not make these the sole part of their identity.) 
  • Let me know if there's anything that bothers you! <3 Although I don't have many limits myself, I can respect those who do. However, if you're immensely affected by violence or some mild (often simply mentioned) sexual themes, I might not be the best partner for you. 
  • Be able to write background characters and transition scenes rather fluently. No plot works out quite right with just two characters, and I encourage you to guide the roleplay when you see fit! As this is, again, a rather advanced project, you should be able to write your character's perspective and setting with just as much detail. Don't be afraid to world-build. It makes everything more fun!  

Keep in mind that Equipoise contains elements of violence, mild (mentioned) sexual themes, possible drug use and domestic violence / abusive relationships. 

If there's any interest, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM (throwing in a sample of your writing would get you plenty of bonus points, coughcough), and I look forward to writing with you! :^] 

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree that in a mxm relationship there's no supposed male/female role involved, singling out feminine traits in a character and marking them as non-desirable doesn't sit well with me, I must say. Younger or feminine doesn't mean that they have a  cliché/uke role, when characters are well written, in my experience ?

While I agree that in a mxm relationship there's no supposed male/female role involved, singling out feminine traits in a character and marking them as non-desirable doesn't sit well with me, I must say. Younger or feminine doesn't mean that they have a  cliché/uke role, when characters are well written, in my experience ?

Oh and I agree completely, which is why this genuinely such a terrible "rule" to put out. It almost always comes off as rude, and I don't mean that in the slightest. 

It's less of a rule, really, and more of a pet peeve of its most extreme cases. A comfortable balance is what I'm looking for. I can't write with a character who's stereotypically "feminine" or submissive, and I can't write with a character who's stereotypically "masculine" or dominating. There's no harm whatsoever in having feminine traits in a masculine character (which I'm actually quite impartial to), but when it becomes the core part of their identity is when I've lost interest. They're not undesirable, just not what I'm looking for at the moment.  

My brain clearly didn't think to word this quite right at 1am and I've gone ahead and fixed it a little (I'm not sure why I threw "younger" in with the mix, so that's gone). Hopefully it makes a little more sense now, but thank you for bringing that to my attention. c:  

Oh, right then, that seems acceptable haha. Thank you for your rewording !
That said, I would be interested in your plot, could you tell me more by PM or something ? :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back