• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Adding a timer and automating thread deletions/moves/etc.

AliceNWeb

Creative Endeavoring
I wanted to suggest that deletions/moving of threads or other like-wise-processes be somewhat automated and include a timer. Reason for this is that if there was a timer hooked to the move or deletion then you could also attach a notification to the post in question allowing the user to copy the contents of the post before it's removed. Something like "your post will be removed in 5 minutes for [REASON HERE] if you wish to save the contents of the post please do so before then."

I'll second this suggestion, if it is possible to implement. Especially because, while I'm not sure if it is still possible but for a period it was, a GM could delete one of your posts. Allowing posts to be preserved long enough to save context, or if you leave a roleplay to for instance save your character and other contributions you made, seems like an excellent idea.

The current version of the site software doesn't allow for either automation or a timer; everything is done manually at present. Someone might have an addon for it, but we're trying to limit the number of addons we use because it can cause a lot of trouble when a dev decides to stop updating (we've run into that in the past) and it's just better if we stick to a few from a trusted dev.

If someone has deleted one or more of your posts, you can ask us in Staff Contact to undelete or move it for you so that you can recover your content. (Note that if a post has been deleted by Staff for rulebreaking content, your request may be denied, but if it's a GM deletion we'll probably give you a way to get your stuff back.)

If someone has deleted one or more of your posts, you can ask us in Staff Contact to undelete or move it for you so that you can recover your content.
I can prove this works, as I did ask for such a thing a few times, and got the content back. So don't threat, a simple PM will do the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back