• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ACCEPTING: Dragon Orb: GMed, character-focused roleplay

Wandering Owl

It just matters that someone was listening.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragons in Areth each have a single predestined rider and a single life mission, given to them by the Oracle. But this once all-powerful being is now fatally damaged and fading fast. The riders and their dragons must work together to reach the oracle and learn how to find the four dragon orbs needed to restore it, but the opposing forces will stop at nothing to get their way...

Dragon Orb is a fantasy, character-driven roleplay where you can play as almost anyone and the story is tailored to suit your character. Just ask if you’d like to find out about the world this takes place in, or how things will work!

β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”
❝ i'm kinda interested but is it possible if you dive deeper into the details of the plot? ❞
β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”

β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”

❝ i'm kinda interested but is it possible if you dive deeper into the details of the plot? ❞

β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”

Sure thing! It's a standard quest-type adventure, with four different orbs to find, to restore the Oracle - a dragon-god figure with the authority to assign quests to each new dragon rider. There are four kinds of dragons (day, dusk, night and dawn), and the main team will be made of one dragon of each kind, and their riders. Each orb corresponds to one type of dragon, and you must overcome a challenge to get each orb. The challenges are individually designed to test the person facing them, and force them to confront their fears, and that's one of the reasons I chose to make this a GMed rp.

The other side, of course, is the opposition, and this comes from two main sources: dragon hunters, looking to kill dragons and illegally sell their parts; and riders from a group who opposes the Oracle, and the quest to restore it. Both of these will also be available as player characters.

Hopefully this answers your question!

β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”
❝ definitely!! i would love to join. ❞
β”βœ¦β”βœ¦β”

Compelling Sypnosis - I would be interested in joining. Would like more detail on how it'll work all together as a whole.
That's great to hear!
As I've mentioned, I'd like this to be as player-driven as possible. I won't be playing any one character, but I'll be describing the settings and time of day (relevant for certain dragons' abilities), designing challenges based on the characters, and controlling any relevant NPCs, including the Oracle. There's no set ending, but I may adjust things to make it a more even fight if it seems like one side (riders or opposition) are going to be defeated/wiped out completely, to keep the roleplay interesting.

Bump! I'm hoping to get 8 people to start with, to form the main team.

Oh nice, I actually wasn't expecting people that fast but I'll get to work on the thread!

I'd also like to join, but I'd also like more information on the world this takes place in, when that's available. ^^

Reminder that this is still open! We're especially looking for opposition characters right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back