• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A zombie RP of massive proportions

Are you telling me a Dredge is somehow capable of avoiding a world-ending WMD?

No, just depends on what type of world ending scenario were talking about. If its blowing up the planet into smithereens? No.
Just wiping out the surface. Yes.

I don't see the correlation here, the prior is clearly more extreme.

I don't see the correlation here, the prior is clearly more extreme.

Well that's not your fault I suppose, you don't know much about them but again conventional warfare just doesn't work against Dredge. We've had people try massive armies, 80 foot mechs, scorching and glassing the planet and that's about as effective as about pissing in the wind when it comes to Dredge.

But somehow blowing the surface off of a planet, instead of the entire planet up, works?????????

You know what to counter the dredge we need something even worse.... Ill capture a dredge and make it into a cyborg with all the same ability but stronger

You know what to counter the dredge we need something even worse.... Ill capture a dredge and make it into a cyborg with all the same ability but stronger

*stares* Easier said then done, you gotta catch a Dredge first. *frowns* Then you have to keep the damn thing long enough to make it into a Cyborg. Generally doesn't end well as Anarchist and Shireling will tell you, and myself. Its usually how people die.

But to @Monarch meh... depends on the Dredge really. Class A, B or low C nuking the area will probably work. Or lots of explosives. Certain clans of Dredge live in different environments and have special abilities.
Glassing a planet wont really have much effect on a Raad Clan Dredge or an Azaharandholt. The Tyr would probably freak out and die as well as the Zhar.
*shrugs* Theres just so many different possibilities with the blasted creatures its hard to say. What works with one of the damned things will not work on another unless your really fuckin' lucky.

Easiest way to deal with a Dredge is simply don't encounter one... or shoot at it. Just pretend you never saw it and continue on your merry way and pray to all that is holy it doesn't decide you'd be the perfect dinner... or worse yet host.

*chuckles* But all this speculation is pretty much pointess, you'd have to meet one of them and considering that the Dredges highly unstable genome and parasitic system, along with the fact that they have a extremely long, complicated birthing process and even so they still have a 85% pre birth mortality rate means theres not a lot of them. Maybe a couple thousand Awakened Dredge in a galaxy with a few dozen thousand Ferals. Spread all over the place.

I guess it's just that they don't make much sense to me because, as you said, I haven't really dealt with them.

*stares* Easier said then done, you gotta catch a Dredge first. *frowns* Then you have to keep the damn thing long enough to make it into a Cyborg. Generally doesn't end well as Anarchist and Shireling will tell you, and myself. Its usually how people die.

But to @Monarch meh... depends on the Dredge really. Class A, B or low C nuking the area will probably work. Or lots of explosives. Certain clans of Dredge live in different environments and have special abilities.
Glassing a planet wont really have much effect on a Raad Clan Dredge or an Azaharandholt. The Tyr would probably freak out and die as well as the Zhar.
*shrugs* Theres just so many different possibilities with the blasted creatures its hard to say. What works with one of the damned things will not work on another unless your really fuckin' lucky.

well you never seen how crafty and stubborn I can be

I guess it's just that they don't make much sense to me because, as you said, I haven't really dealt with them.

YOU, in this sentence have just summed up the Dredge. They don't make sense, even to those who have rped with them for the past year and the person who created them.
Its hard rping the blasted things because their mind set is alien and views morality in a totally different concept. Hard but oh so satisfying if done right.
Huzzah for the Lady of Ravens. @Anarchist I'm corrupting your minions with Dredge.

I can't really acknowledge your statement since I have no idea what they really are, apparently.

YOU, in this sentence have just summed up the Dredge. They don't make sense, even to those who have rped with them for the past year and the person who created them.
Its hard rping the blasted things because their mind set is alien and views morality in a totally different concept. Hard but oh so satisfying if done right.
Huzzah for the Lady of Ravens. @Anarchist I'm corrupting your minions with Dredge.

I am not a minion!!!! I AM MORE OF A PAWN.

I can't really acknowledge your statement since I have no idea what they really are, apparently.

I cant give you a definite idea of the Dredge because then I'd get them wrong on the whole. Physical appearances are often so different they could be confused for different species which is only to the Dredge's benefit and psychologically their individuals as well, matter of fact the entire species is about the individual aside from the matriarch system but even then there are exceptions I suppose.
*paces back and forth*

They are a hard race to explain, but it would be sufficient to say that the Dredge are one of the last things in space you ever want to see. Because if you see it, then its seen you. That's always bad.

They were once called the Children of Broken Dreams. . . you know what? I need another voice in here @Shireling ! Help me explain the fucking Dredge! And NO you cant complain about what Galumoras doing to Sasarov...

It's not gonna completely start for a couple days at least. I'm currently at work and have to be back in tomorrow morning at ten until 8 PM. But I'll likely make the actual RP tonight and start on building it. 

Man, I'm so full I'm gonna figuratively throw up all my on-going RPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back