• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A World Renewed (Sandbox God RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The Fragment

The sight was staggering, before the Fragment did the Two great gods stand, one appearing to be mortally wounded slowly being drained by the other holding a seeming upper hand and a mocking tone. The fragment did not bother turning to the other two around it as it slowly moved towards the two gods, the large orb above it moving perfectly with the fragment. It finally stopped it at arms length from the two Gods and from the cloak did an arm extend out before halting with a single finger pointing up.
"Please hold your words Mawlock, you and Vitis should both worry about answering the truth. That is what Unry wants in the end, for he very much finds these types of blindsides distasteful and dangerous."

The Orb above the fragment moved down to it's shoulder, clearly observing it's surroundings and the two gods, "Now if any of you two would be so kind as to explain what you were doing before this that would be splendid" The Fragment explained calmly retracting it's hand back, the Orb now slowly circling both gods.

Cath

c64897801424128958495a094d653a82.jpg

Cath had returned home with U'de her love having been called away to work with her followers when she noticed something odd. The world was no longer operating as Mawlock ordered it to. Cath had never really cared about what mawlock did or how he ordered the world. He was order so he ordered things and balanced them. He had never asked her for help and thus Cath had never seen need to bother her brother. She herself had never needed his aid and thus never sought him out. The two of them had no real reason to interact. In truth after all the things mawlock had stored up with recent actions Cath wanted to avoid him and avoid being caught up in whatever he was doing. Cath had almost cursed his humans when they came to her lands but they had been stooped that was the limit to their interaction. She still did wish she had gotten to cruse them but that was the past.

Still this all didn't explain why the workd was shuddering her lands sheltered from the world by her shared power. Like mawlock and his love Cath and Rehena had bound themselves to eachother and shared power. Both of their creations were sheltered from the wost of the mayhem. Still something was going on with Mawlock and now it was affecting her domains so it was bugging her. This was enough reason for Cath to act instead of her normal cide of not bothering others.

It took only an instant of concentration for cath to move herself from her home to the abode of mawlock. While she couldn't judge others Cath was not a fan of how Mawlock now decorated, but that was not her problem. What was her problem was vitis gad impaled Mawlock and a bit of unry was doing something. Cath cursed herself for getting involved as whatever was going on did not seem like something she wanted to be involved in.

Cath snapped her fingers to both announce herself and to call upon her power to teleport the weakened wounded Mawlock away from Vitis and to her where she coudl hold him up with her shoulder supporting him. The deer looked injured as well, but Cath was inclined to think he had been the aggressor, just from how Mawlock had not taken to interfering with others. Cath could have done as the fragment did and not messed with the two gods, being only involved with words, but Rehna liked enjoyed Mawlocks company so Cath was of course inclined to save him. Cath looked to the deer he had some explaining to do, but she really wasn't in the mood for his overly flowery way of speaking. The fragment was alreayd asking but Cath felt he was not being direct enough in how they should answer.

Cath looked to the deer already seeming annoyed that she had needed to come " The world is shaking, and the natural order is in chaos " Cath said as if she needed to explain why she was here " And the very life of most creatures is being sapped away" She continued likely Vitis had not realized just how much damage he was doing in she guessed trying to assert what he thought the correct order was. " So we don't have time for speech Vitis what do you think are doing, ten words or less please" She asked adding in the last part just to make sure he didn't decide to speak in vagaries

1634707390025.png

Zexzad
interaction:​
the great upheaval in the world was almost instantly noticed by Zexzad for the god of change not to notice such great shifts wouldn’t exactly be doing thier job? Or would it? After all the entity also beheld that of contradictions but in this case it was brush aside As Zexzad‘s duties came first Miko was sent home with the beholder as the rather adorable sheeplike deity form shifted again returing to the form that it had stepped out into the world with the endless stretching eldritch entity for Zexzad.. was… annoyed… truly Miffed about what was going on as the life energy faded from the world wild magic sparked violent twisting and twirling from the very land as rips into the warp formed from these upheavals of a relatively fundamental forces. The deep spawn nests closed up and the geldek where shaken. And with little effort did the titanic head seem to piece its way into the realm of mawlock how lacking its ward to remove there presence the star shaped mass starring down at the others present seeing vitis impaling mawlock only served to prompt great disappointment from Zexzad. “First the stag poke and prods where it thinks itself it’s duty, then it scoffs when told its place it not to do such, so to becoming obsessed with poking its nose where it does not belong then to lament the fact it’s told off what’s the excite this time? As you and others continued to Push our dear brother further and further into madness and caused the issue thats been presented today? Hmm no matter it seems things have gone so far not even my carefully laden plans could resolve in time. in fact your little spat is destroying everything a build up of all our mistakes burst at once.. oh I do wonder if prehaps this is why all was blank a simple reset? So what do you plan on doing next? Resetting out dear brother prehap? A cruel joke considering all he has given to us, anyway my rambling stands“ Zexzad spoke well monologued a clear tone of irritation in the entities voice tho it didn’t move to any action not just yet.

• Sinidarr

Sinidarr listened to the carousing of the other gods and loosened his grip on the spear he had crafted. A flash of knowledge had brought the sense of dread he prepared himself for, yet no danger revealed itself. The other gods partied as usual, and other god had appeared. Another deity he had never seen before, now offering mittens to those leaving the party. Sinidarr approached with caution. A thought had crossed him that perhaps this was what his flash had warned him of, but it was a thought he quickly dismissed. The new god was speaking with Lechiku, the owl servant Sinidarr had almost charred not long ago.
    “Hello,” Sinidarr said, trying to will away the feeling of dread that pulled at his mind, “I am sorry to interrupt, but might I ask your name?”

It was in that moment Sinidarr noticed something. Through his vision of Gladwe, he saw the Tilune running around as they usually did. But now they were falling more often and relying on their gliding abilities to land safely. Some failed even that, they were too slow and lethargic to outstretch their arms in time and were met with the hard ground at the base of the peaks. Pain jabbed at Sinidarr’s heart like a thousand needles. He spun his hand and created a whirlpool of air around Gladwe, sending any stray Tilune soaring back to the summit of the Peaks.

Sinidarr refocused back on the new deity.
    “I truly am sorry, I have to go. Something is disturbing this world, I must look into this,” Sinidarr turned to Lechiku, “Warn your master, they need to know now.”
    Sinidarr stepped away again, returning to his space beneath the tree. Sinidarr opened his mind, unfocusing his vision from Kianu’s realm and taking in all storms across the world. Waves thrashed the shore, new storms formed without his involvement that threatened to rip apart the fragile homes of seaside mortals. He had not seen the ocean god in some time but this was different. The balance of the world was gone, replaced by chaos and destruction. Only one person could endanger both the world and its creatures. Only one deity held sway over all.
    “The Judge.”

Sinidarr thrust his mind towards where he knew he could find He Who Lasts. Sinidarr’s eyes opened onto the fields of demons. He knew he needed to find the Judge before any more destruction ensued.
    Lightning crackled between the structures dotted around the landscape. Metal buzzed as Sinidarr raced through the realm, searching every building for any sign of the Judge. Finally, he reached the place that now seemed glaringly obvious. The gargantuan castle beneath the churning sky. Sinidarr towards the castle in his clouded form. In this form, every part of him ached and burned, the feeling coursing throughout the cloud and directly into his mind. His vapour form was becoming unstable amidst the roaring flames of the Judge’s hellscape. When he had reached the castle, Sinidarr pushed himself into his physical form, wisps of clouds squeezed together into a decorative plate armour. Sinidarr slammed himself against the doors, throwing them open and soaring further inside. It did not take him long to find the horrors. Smashed pillars, pools of blood, cracked lined with mushrooms and stray tufts of fur. A battle had commenced, and Sinidarr was not yet sure who won. Sinidarr pushed the wind beneath him and flew further inward, towards the faint sound of a familiar voice. Sinidarr stopped by the door of the trophy room.

Titles:
The Judge - Mawlock
The Awakener - Vitis Gurthu
The Ruin - Dream’s End
The Seer - Cath
The Sleeper - Sigh
The Fool - Zexzad
Unry - Unry

• Elyis stared at the tiny sheep boi in front of him with a look of confusion and near disbelief. His expression was not in regards to the form of the god of change before him, no, it was about the plot being brought to him and the story he had just been told about what would occur.

“How would you expect me to get involved in a conflict of the gods exactly? I’m just a human. I may have the protection of Mawlock but it would only take two gods to make me vanish immediately.”

“Aaah you see that’s the genius of this plan, I expect there to be other gods involved in this certainly a few that throw their weight in behind Vitis, but in that they will be distracted squabbling amongst each other don’t worry I shall be present as well, you would be under the protection of at least two deities and as such it's very much unlikely they would even bother to snuff you out. Simple really.” Zexzad said confidently.

“As much as I hate you and the other gods, what you’re saying makes sense. I’ve seen the way the gods can act. When the time comes I’ll be ready. Just make sure you are too.” He sat down, taking a deep breath and looking at the small hedgehog on the table munching on a cookie. Slowly, steadily, the beast ravaged the baked good. Elyis knew at that moment that it would be inevitable. No one could stop what was to come. As the hedgehog finished eating it walked away, towards the end of the table. An omen of epic proportions, the knowledge of which, beyond the reach of any, perhaps even Unry.

Elyis recalled his meeting with Zexzad as if it happened yesterday. He knew something big was coming, but when he noticed End and the others taking their leave despite his words he realized that it was happening now. And so, after bidding his love goodbye he made haste, leaving the ball just as quickly as the others had.

~
    1642730471822.png1642731466517.png
    Elyis stood before the goddess Runa, “you know what is transpiring. The world is falling apart, the gods are fighting, and sides are being taken. I don’t expect you to support one side or the other. All I ask is that you grant me the power I need to help bring an end to it. The more gods get involved the worse it’ll get. But if I’m the one to do what needs to be done then things can end without more issues arising in the future.”

“Allow me to wield your power so I can bring peace back to our family. Please…” The word tasted sour in his mouth. It was no secret to any who knew Elyis how he despised the gods with every fiber of his being. But he understood how bad things would get for everyone if factions amongst the gods were allowed to form and settle.

Runa was seated behind her desk in the hall of the Eternal Archive together with the First Archivist where she hadn’t left for years. What happened down below was… tiring for her. She hadn’t been involved in the mortal realms for eons due to the squabbling of the mortals. And then the squabbling between gods. When Mawlock fell, she felt sorrow and pain. But her heart slowly hardened as time flowed, and she… stopped caring.

As a god should.

As the immortal petitioner begged her, she remained unmoved as she simply sat there. But something he said stirred a familiar feeling within her. Family. Rune closed her eyes, reminding herself that this emotion would pass. As would all things. Including the gods. However, this was not the time to discuss that.

She turned her eyes towards the white-haired immortal before her. When she spoke, her words were filled with no divine brilliance. No booming commandment. Her tone was like that of a tired, old crone who had lived for far too long, and regretted what she had to witness. “And what would you have a powerless goddess do?”

“Remember, Elyis. You desired a world without gods. Let this continue, and you might realize your lifelong dream. Is ‘family’ a price you are unwilling to pay?”

“My desires do not change how things are. I know of what goes on within Mawlock better than anyone else. This isn’t going to end with a godless world. It’s going to end in absolute destruction. You know nothing of my dreams or the price I am willing to pay to do what I know needs to be done.”

Elyis stepped closer to Runa’s desk, “you have the power to help put an end to this. No other creation can handle the powers of a god that isn’t one already without burning up. You may not care anymore, but despite having lived nearly as long as you, I still do. I care for my brothers and sisters and I care about the rest of the creations that are at risk. This conflict will not stop and it will inevitably reach you. There is something inside of Mawlock that wants all of the gods to fight one another. The only one that can put a stop to it is someone who isn’t a god.” Elyis’ hands were on the desk and he was staring at Runa with a burning desire he had not shown before and a fear he had never felt even in the face of a god.

“There won’t be a world left if we don’t act now. There will be no Eternal Archive, no humans, no realms, nothing. Nothing will be left if this is allowed to continue. The only other person who sees it is Vitis and even as we speak they are failing to remove the vice from within Mawlock.” He sighed and looked down for a moment before looking back up with a pleading expression. “If it wins it’s going to go after Unry’s book.” He whispered, afraid someone else might hear him.

“My brother’s book…” Runa mumbled to herself as her words trailed off in the end. “I am a goddess… Born of the void, destined to return to the void as all things should… That is the unfortunate truth of it all. But should such a moment be brought forth by the hands of the gods? Do we have the right to decide when to end all this, when we cannot even…”

“Oh, Mawlock… What have you done…” And her words stopped as she seemed to look beyond the Eternal Archive, into the space between realms where the gods were once born. “What have we done?”

“Then I suppose I shall render you my aid. Roll the dice and see where it lands. When this is all over, we shall all reap what we sow…” And Runa raised her hand as she stared right into Elyis’s eyes with determination burning within them. A rune was forming within her hand as energies began to ebb and flow within her plane.

“Then speak, Child of Mawlock. Speak your desire and give it form. You have one opportunity… Make it count.”

Elyis straightened himself, taking a step back as Runa formed a rune in her hand. “To wield the power of a god until my work is done.”

“And so it shall be,” And the goddess’s personal rune appeared within her palm, pulsating with divine power. However, she was not yet done, as her humanoid form slowly disintegrated and glowing fragments of her were slowly pulled into the rune. When her form completely disappeared, only her rune remained floating in the air… and it slowly landed in the immortal’s hand, swelling with Divine energy.

“The power of a god, in the palm of your hands. Then show me your resolve, Child of Mawlock. My powers are yours… Don’t die.” Runa’s voice echoed within the Eternal Archive as the First Archivist could only point his finger at Elyis, his normally calm face filled with rage.

“My apologies, First Archivist. Protect our… our home.”

“Mistress…” The First Archivist could only heave out a sigh and bowed towards Elyis. But to be more precise, the rune in his hand. “I shall… Until your return.”

Mawlock took the rune, staring at it. The power of a god was now his. He dreamed countless nights of what it would be like to be a god. The good he would do, the wrongs he would right. It was a bittersweet moment. “I’m sorry, Nora…” He closed his eyes and accepted the gift, pushing the rune into his chest.

“My resolve is absolute. I will bring judgment to the one responsible.” As the power of the run filled him his body would glow a beautiful yellow. Golden flames burst forth from his chest, enveloping him and taking the shape of armor, sword, and shield. Gold runes were inscribed all along his equipment and skin, coating him completely.

Elyis looked at the First Archivist, giving the being a simple nod before leaving. All according to plan.

The First Archivist stared at Elyis leaving through the gate. He still couldn’t believe that his mistress had gone along with it. He couldn’t understand why, but it was not his place to question her. Without her guardian, the Eternal Archive was at risk. He closed the gate into the Eternal Archive, sealing all its entrances, even those from and to other realms.

The Eternal Archive shall sleep until her mistress returned into its halls once again… And he shall make sure of it.

Last edited:
3bdba2eed3a03f888f92edc4774d6f7e.jpg9GATjW120040_3161594.jpg
End didn’t know what they were to do. He clinged to his ‘sister’ but he could barely think. He felt emotions he didn’t like flood through him. He could smell blood that had been shed here, the blood that was continuing to bleed. It sent pleasure through his body. He shook in her arms but not out of fear. Why did he feel so light? His body felt so right, as if his strength was building up as he stood. He felt joy. He did not like the way he was feeling. He could hear the sound of Vitis and he couldn’t help but let his name fall from their lips before he was pulled tighter by Agapi as if to shield him. What was going on?

It wasn’t until the fog cleared and his eyes fell on Vitis that he felt panic and relief run through him. He went to rush forward to him, only for Agapi to grab him tight, refusing to let him go any further. He went to question her angrily before he realised something. These people were not friends of Vitis’.

Agapi did her best to shield him from the traumatic sight, but even she was caught off guard when Mawlock did the unthinkable.

“NOOO!!!” Agapi screamed, eyes wide and rimmed in tears as she watched Mawlock tear apart The Stag while the other gods cursed the noble heart of Storm. Vitis lay in ruin, and above them stood her father, holding onto his kin like a torn piece of meat. Now his hungry eyes turned to Dream’s End, her brother. She grit her teeth, feeling an anger rise in her as wild as the winds and as hot as the sun.

One little thread of kinship, severed like a cut web, drifted by. It had been cut free, didn’t she see? She could almost hear a laugh, see a shadow of a face she didn’t know. Cut free from the bonds of love like chains. Be who you are.

Agapi’s delicate form shifted, her soft skin hardening to scale, her gentle fingers now hooked talons. A dragon. She had never seen one, yet a whisper in her heart told her it was true. A dragon the likes this world had yet to see, one born of fire and wind and spring.

She twisted, coiling her tail around Dream’s End and baring razor sharp teeth. Her voice rose in a protective fury she didn’t know she possessed. “DONT YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON HIM, FATHER! GO NO FURTHER! THAT BODY WAS MINE. IT IS NOT YOURS TO TAKE! HE IS MY BROTHER, AND THE ONLY ONE WHO WILL EVER CLAIM IT. ”

The blood that coated the ground made End go still. What was this? The chains that held the bloody half of what was supposed to be Vitis. What was this? They were gods, weren’t they supposed to be good? Wasn’t he supposed to be the wicked one? Why was this happening? Why Vitis? He could never deserve anything like this no one could. They were all gods, weren’t they friends? Why were they doing this? Why were they hurting each other?

The scream ripped from their throat like a knife. Black sludge of tears fell from their eyes who had grown black around their pupil. Their hands grabbed at their hair as they screamed in pure anguish. His ears rang with waves of an unseen ocean. He couldn’t hear anything. All he could see was the body before him coated in blood. His screams died, his voice giving out.

"One weeps in a field of death, what for, this one wonders?"

His ears hurt. They could almost feel the dying field under him. This wasn’t supposed to happen. How much had been taken from him? How much would he lose from this? He reached out as if hoping to grasp Vitis and bring him back together, but he was just met with the empty air as they let their palm collapse.

"One should save thy tears and witness one's great intervention."

They shook, it all was too much, but what would this solve? Would his tears add anything to the development of this, would his tears save anyone? He may be the god of death, someone meant to bring destruction to all around him. But, in this moment he knew that he was not the monster among those who stood here.

“Why?”
he croaked, staring up at the group blankly, rising from his knees. Black trails lay along his cheeks, his eyes no longer holding their white tint as he stared at them. “Does one gain power from committing such acts, or is it merely the fact it made one feel powerful?” he spoke in a dull tone as he stared up at them, laughing to himself, “Or do ones simply enjoy acting in fits of rage like a newborn babe who could no longer suck on it’s mothers teat?”

“If this is what the worlds consider to be gods, then one fear it is already doomed.”
he hissed, gesturing to the pathetic excuse for gods before him.

“One slaughters each other and for what? What does one gain but another drop of blood in the chalice that will lead to one's doom?” he could feel the disconnect between themself forming, who were they? What were they? Were they really a child? They knew far too much, lived far too long, so why had they been living as one?

“The one that stands before you is no less of a god than the ones before. Yet one sits there smuggly thinking one has already one. This body belongs to one, one can not take it, nor can one hurt this one's sister. So what will one do? Will one enter another fit of rage for their fellow children to entertain them with?”

• Sinidarr

Sini_Stormcrown.pngThe situation was changing by the second. It took all Sinidarr’s effort to keep the Judge subdued, break the ties of him as well as the Seer, and maintain a fog thick enough to block divine vision. As the realm began to dissolve, Sinidarr knew his time was running short. If Vitis Gurthu did not resolve this madness immediately, years of talk and plan and forethought would have been wasted. Sinidarr already began to feel his power fading as the thick fog rolled down the mountainside, costing more and more of his attention.
    With a flash of light, a sharp pain tore through his chest. He let out a low scream that reverberated through the churning storm clouds already forming above. Sinidarr had no time to think of how the assailant could see through the fog, let alone navigate it with the power of two gods keeping it inaccessible. Sinidarr released his staff and grabbed for his chest, finding only the tip of a golden blade now reddened with ichor. Sinidarr’s chest turned to vapour as he fell, the wound closing immediately, yet the deed was done. His vision clouded over. His eyes, scattered across a thousand storms, were all filled with impossibilities: shapes that could not exist, alternate events that could not come to pass, he saw a field of flowers tended to by the Ruin without risk of harm.
    Rainbow lightning flashed across the sky and thunder rolled as Sinidarr failed to clear his mind of visions. Through the mental fog of the Fool’s making, Sinidarr saw the fog dissipate leaving only the disorientating miasma still affecting the area.
    Sinidarr made his way back to his feet, the world a blur of unfathomable colours. He made direct eye contact with the Seer as she prepared a spell. He took up his staff again and waited, images of creatures without mouths filling his thousand eyes. A stream of fire and spiralling magic raced towards him. Sinidarr slammed the stream downward and directed it into the earth. Every ounce of his power went into these strikes. Sinidarr’s very being shook with the force of the blast.
    Sinidarr’s voice came both from his body and from the clouds now releasing a phantom rain that impacted but left no water.
    “You have joined sides with—” he slammed another spell into the sky, “the Destroyer of Worlds.” another spell exploded on impact, obliterating his staff, “Their blood will stain your palms forevermore.”
    Sinidarr did not dodge the final blast. The impact sent him off his feet and warped his armour. Pain ravaged his avatar. Fire burned to his very core. Flames tormented every flake of skin and strand of muscle, even his bones felt as if they were melting into molten rock.
    sini.jpgPeryton.pngStorm.jpgSini_Stormcrown.pngSinidarr shrieked and writhed in pain, his form changing every second. He stretched out an armoured hand that faded into a glove that plumed into bright foliage that exploded into cloud matter that condensed back into his charring fleshy hand. Every moment he screamed out in heart-wrenching agony, clawing at the ground towards Vitis Gurthu, desperate beyond all measure for some semblance of help. But he did not find it. Vitis Gurthu was still occupied with the mission. The mission that trumped all. Every shred of effort had culminated in this event. This had to be the end of it.
    Blinded by tears and hate, Sinidarr pushed the acid-like blood into his arms, pushing himself to his feet through sheer willpower, all the while howling through teeth gritted so tight they cracked.

The images that flashed across his eyes began to take form, forging a cage of his own design. In a fit of blind, animalistic panic, Sinidarr channelled his storm to escape. The lightning he called slammed into his body, yet it did not disintegrate as it normally did. The lightning crackled for a second, before exploding in a shockwave that echoed across the continent. His body remained, yet the curse had been carried up to the heavens. In mere moments the entire sky went a blazing red as fire burned through the clouds. Mixed with the Fool’s madness, the sky began to twist and churn as violent as the high seas.

Interactions: Tetro Tetro Karcen Karcen Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sinidarr’s Titles:
The Judge - Mawlock
The Seer - Cath
The Fool - Zexzad
The Ruin - Dream’s End
Unry - Unry
Vitis Gurthu - Vitis Gurthu

1642965192958.png
Solari Buras
Buras was having a grand old time showing off his daughter when he felt it. The slowing of his very being. The Sun and Moon, through almost impossible odds, were beginning to slow, without him saying so. He could feel the great power of the gods that were needed to even consider doing such a thing. And what's more, it seemed to be happening almost as an afterthought. As if whoever was wielding that kind of power wasn't even realizing what they were doing to his dual domains. Turning to Sindri, he kneels down to look her in the eyes. "Sindri, I fear you must do your duty far sooner than I could have ever wished. You do remember what that is, yes?" The younger god nodded her understanding, eyes wide with the sudden change in demeanor of Buras. "Good." And with that, he vanished.

1642967882567.png

Fellanjod and Freyllanjod were besides themselves with worry about their respective wards slowing. Fellanjod, with the slight but ever presence of the Moon, was the first to slowly return the Moon to it's rightful place in the heavens. However, Freyllanjod, though moving the Sun in great and sudden bursts, could not achieve the same. And so, for the first time in creation, the Moon outpaced and blotted out the Sun.

The first eclipse effected Buras in a strange way. Were once they were two separate gods competing for one body and source of power, now they were united in mind, body, and power. No longer was there the constant whispering of the other to challenge the actions of the one in power. This combined purpose changed Buras. No longer was Sun and Moon distinct from one another, but a combination of the two. His skin blackened, mimicking the new moon, and his his hair and eyes began to glow, made of pure light. He would be a force to be reckoned with upon his arrival at the battlefield, should he get there before it is all done and the world is torn asunder.

1644980338437.png1644980382183.png

Made in collaboration with the wonderful: Solirus Solirus Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Mawlocked stared coldly at his daughter and brother. Their screams falling upon deaf ears. "Power? Rage? No. My patience has simply run thin with some of my siblings. Vitis has violated my dominion for too long now. The very body you inhabit," he pointed to Dream's End, "was not yours, or anyone else's, to ever hold, except the child I created it for. The one you murdered without care. You are a selfish insolent little child just like Vitis. And now I will no longer be lenient with those who offend so consistently. You ask what I gain? I gain order. I gain justice. I gain balance. These are the rights that only I maintain in this world." He began to approach the two, a darkness about him now that wasn't there before until now.

Amidst the chaos a faint impact upon glass could be heard, a thumping sound slowly growing in intensity, the sky breaking with each strike before falling silent a singular crack appearing in the skies of the realm.

Mawlock turned to look at the sky, realizing Unry was about to make his own appearance. Is that what he meant the fragment told them to brace? He stepped away from Vitis, leaving them where they were and waiting for Unry.

The long silence was finally broken from the sound of shattering glass. It was blindingly fast within the span of nothing did Mawlock feel an Impact of pure rage through the entirety of his left arm, the force of the strike reducing the mountain into a hill. Slowly the dust began to settle and Mawlock could see Unry, faceless as ever, yet with an unmistakable anger. The book was clenched tighter than ever before seen.

Just as quickly as Unry had arrived did a strike from his flank come. Elyis’ sword flowed through the air with a smooth whistle, slicing at the head of Unry just out of his view in a diagonal cut. Mawlock watched as his son removed a large chunk of the mask of Unry. Elyis wasn’t used to such levels of speed and power, and so his strike didn’t land as true as intended.

The Mask broke, the void stirred, the stars in the sky began to die and in that instant did Unry drop his book collapsing alongside it.

Mawlock approached the book, looking at it, then Unry. He reached down and gently nudged his brother with his only hand. “Unry? Did you come here to talk about something? I get the feeling you’re upset.”

Unry remained still, the stars slowly flickering out more and more.

Elyis approached the god, glancing at Mawlock. Mawlock knew it was only a matter of time before more gods came. “We need to wrap things up. I’m sorry you’ve chosen the wrong side Unry.” He turned from his brother, Elyis slowly moving around to the front of Unry.

“Yyn YYYN” for the first time the presence of nothingness from Unry faded, slowly an aura of pure blinding light surged from within Unry, the stars in the sky no longer fading by shining like never before filling the void in a brilliant white. “I shall Slay you Spawn of Darkness” The feeling of rage faded and only righteousness could be felt within Unry. Unry stood back up, shoving his arm into thin air and slowly pulling out a greatsword of light. This was not the same Unry Mawlock knew.

“You will try.” Mawlock moved to stand behind Elyis. The form of the god dissipated, entering the body of Elyis and granting the human even greater power. The flames of Elyis darkened, and before Unry stood what could best be described as an abomination of power, corruption, and madness.

“Is this… The power of the gods?” Elyis looked at the dark flames of his blade in awe, the very fibers of his being filled to the brim with immense might. He turned his attention back to Unry. “You face a slayer of gods. Yield before my might.” The blade extended greatly, and with a mighty swing Elyis threatened to cut Unry in half.

“Hiding within your own spawn Yyn? Very well” Unry dodged the attack with the footwork of a tested dancer and quickly counterattacked Elyis. His soul screaming out in pain as the sword approached.

Elyis lowered his shield, allowing the blade to cut into his arm just a little. The pain of a cleansing light seared and burned greater than anything he had ever felt before. With a grunt, Elyis nearly fell to a knee. Rising with unmatched speed, Elyis charged towards Unry, slamming his shield against the god, the remnants of the mountain trembling from the impact. Elyis moved greater than he had expected, nearly stumbling from the attack and losing his footing.

Yet when Elyis stopped he noticed Unry’s blade next to him, the god right behind him preparing a strike as the sword moved on itself threatening a thrust. “Your reckless attacks shall not hit me, I’ve fought more battles than you can imagine Spawn of Yyn”

A cloak of black flames erupted around Elyis, threatening to consume Unry if the strike were to be followed through while Elyis raised his shield to block the oncoming hit. It would take some getting used to, but for now, Elyis could rely on other tactics to bring the god to heel.

Unry retracted his attack backing off and avoiding the engulfing flames, “Spawn of Yyn You dare have a Soul? Has your creator become foolish? Never wield a soul against Father of Souls'' Unry extended both hands towards Elyis’s direction. His soul felt a ripping sensation threatening to tear any second.

Elyis responded by swinging his sword at Unry, sending a torrent of black fire swarming towards the god at incredible speed. “Remain still and it’ll make this so much easier Unry.” He readied himself to swing again if need be.

Unry’s blade freely moved as Elyis’s attention waned towards Unry and in a single motion did the blade slice Elyis, his soul set ablaze along with the Vice within Mawlock. Unry took the initial strike, his form damaged from it yet he remained unflinching and determined.

Elyis felt the burning pain of Unry’s attack deep within his very being. The fire that Unry allowed himself to be struck by began to grow and spread on the god the same way the burning consumed Elyis. To save Mawlock from the blaze, Elyis pushed him out. The shadowy form of Mawlock fled upwards, away from the fighting and the congregated gods.

“BURAS!” Elyis called out in a booming voice. Mawlock had been so occupied and focused on the fight that he hadn’t noticed the approaching god.

1644980276518.png

Buras crashed into the fleeing god, a mace made of pure starlight appearing in his hand from thin air. The mace crashed into the side of the God of Life’s head, sending him spiraling towards the ground, to land in an undignified heap. “You will finish what you have started, brother.” Buras spat the word as if it were poison in his mouth. His ever-present eyes that were the sun and moon had seen into Mawlock’s realm as it was slowly peeled apart from the inside out by the godly combat. He had seen the bloody pile of meat that was the Great Stag, the God of Storms trapped in the maze of his own mind. Of how the Goddess of Magic and the God of Change fought with their very domains. And the one to flee from this fight was either the one to have started it, or was too cowardly to see it to its completion.

The god impacted the ground beside Elyis and Unry, and in their weakened state, Elyis used the power given to him through Runa and stabbed his sword into the wounded god. Burned, beaten, and now impaled, the form of Mawlock chipped. Elyis pulled his blade through the form of his father, golden light emanating from the open wound and ambrosia spilling all over.

The world continued falling apart and becoming more consumed by chaos. Mawlock laid there, the exterior of their form having crumbled into a glowing mass of light laying on the ground. In their attempt to maintain their mind and form they could feel their hold on the world slipping. While the others would be able to repair and reform and hold together what may fall apart, they knew it would be too late by now.

They felt the fear and suffering of all life as the planet continued cracking, the core threatening to give out. This wasn’t who they were... This wasn’t balance… All of this conflict and division was what they worked since the beginning to keep from happening. And now here they were, the cause of their own failure and one of the antagonists of the division between the ones they loved so dearly. Finally, after so long, they let go. The mass of light that they were dimmed, and the world began to heal. The oceans calmed, the winds slowed, the storms subsided, and the planet held together.

“That’s better…” The god sighed, echoing the first words spoken at the beginning of creation before fading into nothingness.

Last edited:

• Sinidarr

Sini_F.jpgBack at Kianu’s party, one of Sinidarr’s remaining avatars collapsed to the floor in sharp violent pain. He quickly returned to his feet, pushing down the echo of fiery wrath cast upon one of his other avatars. Sinidarr knew his time here was short, and that rescue was out of the question. Yet there was still hope in his child. Paleros’ power was related to his but not connected, they would be safe from this magical affliction.
    Sinidarr took a step forward and collapsed again, this time catching himself on a table, sending a platter of apples crashing to the floor. Sinidarr took a breath, then hauled himself back to his feet. From a puff of mist, Sinidarr pulled a charred wooden staff riddled with blue glowing fractures. He continued towards the staircase, one foot in front of the other, like a newborn babe clutching desperately onto his staff to remain upright. The room began to spin as he ascended the stairs and waved away concerned mortals. He needed to find Paleros.
    At the summit, Sinidarr continued further to the main door, falling on it more than opening it. Nonetheless, he shoved his way outside and fell into the snow. The snow felt cool against his slowly burning skin. Yet despite how much he wanted to lie in the snow for eternity, he needed to find Paleros.
    Sinidarr heaved himself back onto his staff and noticed the sky, for the first time in centuries, was clear. He had become so used to grey and black that he had almost forgotten the brilliant shades of blue that stretched over the sky when there wasn’t a cloud in sight. But that also meant he was gone. His primary consciousness was locked away in a prison of divine making and only a tiny fragment remained in this avatar. He knew he could still protect the fragment so that he would never be caught and imprisoned like this again. He needed Paleros.
    Paleros_F.jpg“Paleros!” he shouted to the courtyard. In a flash, Paleros came bounding over a snow bank and drifted on solid air to his side.
    “Father! Is everything okay, I can’t see any clouds!”
    “Paleros, I am weak and fading fast, you must take me to an Immortal Blossom. I beg of you.”
    “Immortal Blossom? Like on Gladwe?”
    “Like it, yes, but not there. My clouds are scattered and my mind with it. I once held seven seeds in my clouds, now they have scattered to the winds. Along with my other possessions. Take me to a Blossom, now!”
    Paleros did not hesitate. They heaved Sinidarr onto their back and began sprinting on the air. They could fly high above any road and travel faster than any ship. It wasn’t long before they were gliding high over a warm savannah, the rare tree dotting vast seas of grass and dirt. An Immortal Blossom larger than any mortal house hovered gently in place just above a wide spring. The crystal waters attracted all forms of life to the edge to drink and bask in the Immortal Blossom’s beauty.
    As they paused some few hundred feet shy of the water’s edge, Sinidarr managed to stand on his own feet once more. The pain in his very being was receding. The Seer’s destructive magic was no use within the light of an Immortal Blossom. The images swirling in his head were still present and Sinidarr forced himself forward to push those images away. He continued to the waterfront, finally sitting down and resting against the back of a sleeping wildebeest.
    “This will become my home,” Sinidarr said with a nod.
    “And Gladwe?”
    “Gladwe will survive, and eventually when the rest of myself is released I will return to Gladwe. But me, this corporeal form, will remain by this watering hole,” Sinidarr began to undo his chestplate, casting the straps off into the water.
    “Want me to magic up a house or something?”
    “No, no. Tonight I will rest, but tomorrow we will build a sanctuary by hand.”
    “By hand?” Paleros whined, “But we’re gods!
    “All must learn to use their hands. Perhaps one day I may teach this to gods and mortals alike.”
    Paleros sighed and sat beside Sinidarr. They would need all the rest they could get, the next day would be one of hard work.

Sinidarr’s Titles:
The Judge - Mawlock
The Seer - Cath
The Fool - Zexzad
The Ruin - Dream’s End
The Sovereign - Buras
Unry - Unry

• Agapi
    9GATjW120040_3161594.jpg

Interaction: seasonedcat seasonedcat jmann jmann || Mention: Tetro Tetro Solirus Solirus

Though she did not see it with her own eyes, Agapi was intimately aware of the very moment Mawlock died. She felt a part of her slip away with his passing. The emptiness ached, tearing at her heart like a mad beast. Through blurry eyes she could see the threads that bound them taper away, drifting off like strings of gossamer in the morning air. It felt like peace, a sigh just before sleep, and yet it stung like fresh thorns. Where the dragon lay coiled around Dream's End, she let out a small whimper. Her tail unwound from around her brother, no longer in need of aiding him with her paper-thin protection.

Mawlock was dead. The thought rung in her mind like the echo after thunder. This was not what she wanted, yet it was what she asked for. Drawing the gaze of the gods, begging the stag to drive away the corruption. Bringing Unry to the realm. How naiive she was to think it could have ended differently.

She swore to herself she would not cry in front of Dream's End. At the very least she could do that right.

"Quickly now, brother." She choked hoarsely, her throat full of lead. "We can go to them now. The stag's heart still beats."

Vitis Gurthu still lived, clinging on to borrowed time. She knew this from the faint link between the stag and their true child, Dream's End. Staring at their mangled remains made her stomach churn, but seeing the look on Dream's face was worse. She would not go to the stag, she decided. She had caused enough damage already.

Instead, she wove her way to Sinidarr.

"Sinidarr, are you alright? N-No, what am I saying? You must have been in so much pain. Are you still in pain?" She swore to herself she would not cry in front of Dream's End, but she made no such thing for Sinidarr. It was an excuse perhaps, when the water began to flow up like a fresh spring. She had almost forgotten her dragonic form, her fangs and slitted eyes mismatched by the swell of sorrow. What ferocity she had felt felt so far away. It was a wonder if she was the first dragon to cry.

"Please forgive me, I should have done something... if I had not told Vitis or Elyis... had not told you..."

zexzad waved a limb dismissively dispelling it’s own grip on sinidar prison as things had gone perfectly.
The god of change had watched the battle play out it’s own part done for it was all up to the mortal and well the mortal played his part perfectly as too did unry and Buras. Prehaps this was a scheme worthy of the ages? Or until Zexzad had something else to do. Of course with the taint purged and rage settled things went back go normal but yes a mountain did explode but the vast god that was Zexzad cared little it was change and for the better. “Vitis dont go being vindictive over there unless youd rather be known as the god of wrath, now machinations have come to a close prehaps there some explaining to do yes?” Zexzad announced with a clap if it’s hands.

“this encounter had been a long time coming iv noticed it and the entity fester for a long time but to remove it directly would cause far more turmoil and strife I was hoping it would possible die down by itself but sadly some had to continue to antagonise Our poor now formless brother and while o shall not name names one should know well who they are, and so this boiling point was reached an inevitable conflict. That’s where our good friend Elyis comes in. A wild card that would blindside everyone, entity empowered to destroy a god of ironically our own making for through malice of a few did many need to suffer. So Sinidar i apologies for your most necessary imprisonment but it was needed for this moment“ Zexzad paused seemingly inhaling a vas quantity of air.

“but luckily everything, went JUST ACCORDING TO PLAN“ Zexzad announced heartily and with a cheerful tone despite the situation, changes made and balance restored in a sense anyway the pendulum was simply not halted left to swing as it should. “I thank you all for your cooperation and attribute the success to you all for playing your parts so well, perhaps stew upon what transpired here and make a change yourself you know who I speak too, for without change a cycle simply remains the same for good or ill” Zexzad finished its address the titanic entity that was the god of change contradictions and scheming faded away returning to its realm of the warp. Where deep within the second phase of its plan stirred, things old turned new.

Sinidarr

Sini_Stormcrown.pngSinidarr’s skin ached. The words of the Fool and Agapi swirled in his mind, but his focus was locked on Cath. As a god he had never felt true pain, nothing like the Seer had forced him to endure. Entombing him and setting his soul aflame was an insult he would not take lying down. Yet before he could react, the Seer was gone. No obvious movement or magic, simply gone. Sinidarr's mind filled with a hundred different schemes and machinations the Seer may have been playing at in order to hurt him again.
He shook his head to clear his thoughts, and made eye contact with Agapi for the first time.
"Go," Sindarr murmured. He wasn't sure if the Fool had finished speaking of matters he knew nothing about and nor did he care, "take the Ruin and get out. It's a surprise you survived at all."
Sinidarr turned to leave before returning to his senses. Agapi was not his enemy and deserved none of his anger. She was just as much a victim as he was.
"I..." Sinidarr turned back, not making eye contact, "If the willow tree is gone, the hero will plant another. You will always have a home in Gladwe."
With all his words said Sinidarr summoned a bolt of lightning to obliterate his current avatar and take him far away.

sini.jpgOn the highest pillar of Gladwe, Sinidarr appeared in a bolt of lightning coming from no cloud. That was the first thing that struck him about Gladwe. He had never seen the true beauty of the land in full lighting. The sun on the lush green grasses, the wonderfully bright blue Tilune gathering together to work and sing. He may not have been imprisoned for long, but even a second away from his people was more than he could bear.
The second detail he noticed was the dryness of the farms and water troughs. Without the rain, Gladwe was soon to spiral into a dark place. Sinidarr made short work to fix that. With a single thought, the sky darkened as thick rainclouds circled above. As the soft pitter-patter of rain fell down the peaks Sinidarr thought of the other lands. If the gods wanted him gone, they would feel it. Sinidarr traced a finger through the air and wind currents tore across the continent in the same spiralling pattern, heavy clouds following suit. However, any nation of Yu’varth would find no rain or nourishing weather to speak of.
The Fool would be harder, though. Sinidarr channelled more divine purpose into the clouds above. If a Kobold, Zork, or Changeling found themselves within a kilometre of Gladwe, Haidwe, or Squallhaven would be struck by a bolt of lightning through air or stone with enough power to permanently disfigure them, no matter the shape they took.
With that, Sinidarr sat back and admired the Tilune frolicking in the rain.

Mentions: Juju Juju Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sinidarr’s Titles:
The Judge - Mawlock
The Seer - Cath
The Fool - Zexzad
The Ruin - Dream’s End
The Sovereign - Buras
Unry - Unry

Elyis watched as the god faded, letting out a heavy sigh. It was done. Elyis felt his limbs weaken as the power given to him by Mawlock left him. He stumbled back a little before falling to the ground, keeping himself barely sat up as the power of Runa left him as well now that his mission was complete. Elyis leaned against a mound of charred dirt, his body aching from the fight. “Runa…?” He called out, looking around for the goddess.

A sphere of pulsing light warped into existence before the man. As the deed was finally done, Runa was so distraught at what must be done that she could hardly maintain her physical appearance. It was as if a piece of her had been torn away from her divine soul just as her brother faded from existence, his divine essence crumbling into the void. An ethereal voice echoed, “I am here. But I wonder… What now?”

A sound of scraping metal emanated from behind Elyis as it approached slowly, Unry’s form was damaged and yet instead of healing normally the wounds from the fire were simply replaced by plates of metal not unlike pieces of armor. Unry wasted little time reaching down and grabbing Elyis’s throat with his hand and lifting him up, his other hand extended open, the gleaming sword dashing quickly before Unry placed the sword on Elyis’s chest, it’s mere proximity to Elyis causing his soul great distress and pain. “Detestable spawn, a moment ago you merged with your creator and the next you attacked them. Was his window of weakness too big of a prize for you creature?” Unry questioned his sights solely fixated on Elyis.

Buras moved almost as quickly as Unry had. When the God of the Void grabbed the human by their throat and threatened them with his sword, Buras made to separate the two. “Calm, now, brother. We can extinguish this pitiful race with a mere thought, no need to cause undue harm.”

“I do not recall us being brothers Lumarro.” Unry snapped his attention to Buras, “But you know better than to trust those……….” As Unry pointed his sword back down he paused abruptly, “A human? A second ago I thought you to be a Spawn of Yyn but…”

Elyis’ breathing was shallow, and his body felt even weaker as he laid back down after being dropped. “You can try,” he coughed, glancing at Buras, “dickhead… But it won’t change anything.” He looked back to Unry, “yes, a human. You’re welcome.” There was no pain, or relief. All the feeling had left him now. “Runa.” He called out again, making sure she knew he was talking to her, “thank you for helping me. Could I ask for one last favor from you?”

“Ask,” the globe of light’s voice echoed in the darkness, seemingly oblivious to the chaos forming around her. However, when her attention shifted towards the human that had just been dropped from Unry’s literal clutch by the throat, there was… Sorrow? Pity? Anguish? A flurry of emotion that she could not put into words, despite her office. “Depending on what you ask, I may indulge you this one, last time.”

“Go to my brothers and sisters in their village, and tell them I said not to hate any of the gods for what happened here. Find Nora and tell her I’m sorry. I don’t want any resentment to grow over this.”

There was a short moment of silence, but Runa’s voice rang soon enough. “...Very well. However, I shall remain here for just a little bit longer. To bear witness to your final end.”

Unry regained his composure, glaring at Buras before walking towards Elyis and grabbing his wrist, “You may be a human, but your actions are questionable at best.” Unry’s blade slowly began moving on its own, tearing a hole through the fabric of reality and opening a bright portal, “And I intend to question you thoroughly” Unry spoke as he started walking towards the portal dragging Elyis.

“You should thoroughly get some bitc-” Elyis’ words faded into a soft laugh before there was silence. The form that Unry dragged scraped against the ground. What was once Elyis was now a simple clay statue. Elyis had died with a smile on his face, an expression of satisfaction formed permanently on the clay figure. All that was left was a small floating soul. Upon inspection, it could be recognized as the soul of Kale. The minor god remained in a dormant state, having burned away at the life force of Elyis from constant usage and now resting idly.

“And so, the deed is done,” Runa’s hollow voice echoed again as she floated towards the statue of clay that was once a man. What happened here shall be written down and recorded, but she would make sure that it would be buried deep within her sanctum, where none shall find it without the consent of the gods. She then turned to Unry, her dear brother, and asked. “What now? Shall we reform the pieces torn apart, or shall we simply let them drift into the Void, where the gods were born?”

Unry flicked his wrist destroying the clay statue immediately and raising his sights, “I’m already working more than I should, I leave Leraje to deal with it.” Unry’s sights then turned to Runa and paused, slowly tilting his head, “... I do not know you… you seem more capable than a mere servant… No matter I’ve things that must be done without delay” Unry arm quickly snapped to grab Kale’s soul, moving his attention once more to face and inspect it, “A fragment of Yyn, perhaps the human was merely a puppet or vessel…” Unry spoke softly to himself before finally walking through the portal carrying the soul with him. His sword hovering right behind him and in an instant the portal sealed back up.

Zexzad&Order

edgar-gomez-eldritch-horror2-dnd.jpg
The fighting had ended, and many lives were lost as a result of the conflict. Not from any direct attacks, but from the chaos that flowed freely through the land for as long as it did. Many of the mortal races and creatures of the world suffered the effects of the dispute between the gods.

Nora didn't hate the gods. At least she hadn't. But after everything that happened she couldn't help but hold a deep contempt for the beings. An assault on life and order itself, causing destruction and turmoil for countless, and then there was the loss of her husband Elyis. She rested under the tree that belonged to Agapi, seething at the idiocy of the gods, and mourning the loss of her beloved. The tree and Nora rested within a large and peaceful garden, deep in the realm of Zexzad. Ironically enough, she didn't feel any anger or hatred towards the mad god.

It was only a matter of time now before he was supposed to return from the fighting so that the two of them may discuss the reconstruction of Order.

~

the return of Zexzad was rather subtle the entity simply rose from the ground in its incomprehisbly large form. It's head gazing down towards Nora. "seems the others are far less appreciative plans well laid.. I'm starting to think they are incapable of change... no matter we have more important things to attend to" Zexzad spoke musing a bit to itself, a huge limb holding a small spark of something as a hedgehog was set down upon the grass.

~

"They are incapable because they are simply aspects made manifest. Blessed with the fortune of holding powers unreachable by any others." She scoffed. "Perhaps Elyis was right in the inferiority of the gods when compared to the creation. Let's get on with it." She rose from her spot, walking over and picking up the hedgehog. The creature shimmered with small dancing lights, an aurora of color flowing all around it as it turned into stardust. Nora inhaled the dust, feeling herself grow a strong connection to life itself.

"When my creator is given form once more, do not tell him of me or Elyis. I tire of living without my beloved." She kneeled before the mad god, allowing the energies of change and contradiction of the realm to consume her just as the powers of her creator did at the same time.

~

"prehaps your correct" zexzad nodded quietly as the power begin to fuse with Nora, the incomprehensible god whispering strange words prehaps? "Don't worry you shall both rest now" zexzad assured them. As the very realm itself began to be drawn towards the new vessel the very warp itself watched on form the smallest spawning to even the lesser gods. Irridecent energies swirling around Nora as the very realm itself seemed to chant calling what remained of the "dead" god back to this realm. nora very form seeming to become more stary and nebula like as the energies coalesced within them.

~

The form of Nora burned away, forming into nothing more than mass of energy. Life heard the call of it's brother and his realm. Through the vessel presented for them, Life answered the chants and took hold of the formless mass. The chanting would come to a halt as the mass surged with new found power granted by the mad god. It was a rejuvinating experience, but a shocking one as well.

They looked around, taking in their new surroundings before looking at the incomprehensible entity before them. They couldn't recall who this being was, but they were a familiar face. "You called me? Where am I?" They had no memory of... Anything. They had feelings and thoughts, but before this moment there was nothing for them to call back to. It felt strange.

"What is this?" The mass moved around, uncertain of it's form. Slowly, they began to remember. Vaguely. "Zexzad... Yes. That is right. You are Change... This form, this body, is insufficient. Change it for me if you would."

~

"Aah dear brother it's good to see you back" Zexzad replied some form of a smile forming upon its face if it could even be considered that. it was somewhat saddened by thier lack of memory but truly it was to be expected. "As you wish then" the titanic yet small entity bowed a little the very realm itself danced around the formless mass of energy recondensing it. a form that vaugly resembled a human in some regard a small omadge to the entity that had sacrificed themselves to help fix this mess. Form of stary and beutiful matieral long whispy golden hair vaugly effeminate features, a stark contrast to the form order had previously had. A mirror erupting from the ground so as the god could see thier new form. "So you like it personally it's a lovely change don't you think?"

7b1ad16a0bed962de6beaae7a4d755ac.png
~

They looked at themselves, studying their new features. "It is a change. As is necessary. I look like... A human." They remembered their humans as they stared at their own face. "I should have a name before I go to my humans. Would you accompany me on my journey to them? I will think of a name while we travel."

~

"Hmm a name prehaps just order for now or another later something personal to you when the time is right" Zexzad mused however nodding at thier request, I'd be happy to accompany you dear brother unlike some.." Zexzad placed a hand on their shoulder that was seemingly a lot smaller a rift opening.. and that thier journey would continue.

Collab with seasonedcat seasonedcat

• Grass blackened beneath the stag's hooves, and with it rose the scent of autumnal rot as the stag stood staring at the thorn in their side. The human settlement, a foul embodiment of vice.

Were mortals capable of firstborn vice? No. Not mortals. These were not mortals. These were abominations. Things made in vanity, cherished out of a bloated ego. Sickening things. What would they do if left unchecked, these strangling weeds?

The memory of Elyis was seared into their memory, acting of delusion with power ill-placed. What power had he wielded? It smelled of parchment and fire. Mawlock? Runa? Unry? It was all muddled and warped. Just recalling those moments sent fresh blazes along the stag's severed pieces. Black oozed from them, turning to maggots on the ground. Their once regal posture was slouched and broken, hollow eyes full of disdain. A dark sensation of ire rose up like smoke on fur.

"Is not harvest the reaping of life? Does the seed not mark one's beginning? Centuries of tending a garden without bounds, a crop without name. A loving scythe, scorned." The stag's words rattled in their hollow chest. "May it be so, as one is scorned, so shall one scorn. O children of life, O children who bite the hand which feeds, a curse be upon thee. If thou is beyond the domain of rebirth's harvest, then may it be beyond thee." (The stag is furious at how the humans have forgotten all the blessings the stag has given them, and how Mawlock has wrongfully accused them of overstepping their bounds)

Where the stag's blood spilled, a dark miasma of drunken rot arose. A curse to be afflicted upon the immortal human race.

"As thou hast forsaken the harvest, so shall it forsake thee.” The stag gazed down at the human settlement, their hollow chest now full of resentment. “Learn well, life alone is a hollow torture, and death thy bliss.” (The stag decides to curse humans with a life without rebirth or harvest to prove that life without death or harvest is cruel and painful)

End hovered behind Vitis as they stalked, something of fear filtering in their chest at the sight of their angered friend. The rot they followed made them frown, something forming in the pit of his stomach. He had just been fearing that Vitis was hurt, now he feared for more. He swallowed back his fear as he spoke up.

“Is what one does not the same as what the others had been doing? Infusing the land with hatred because of mistakes of the gods.” he spoke with a shaky voice as he nervously approached Vitis, fear of him lashing out sending shivers inside him,

“Why does one not provide a different solution, one that could change them for the better instead of forcing the same cycle to continue.” he offered a small smile before continuing, “After all this is a chance for rebirth to them all.”

There was the sound of bones creaking against each other as the stag turned their severed head towards Dream's End. Hollow sockets regarded him in silence.

Dream's End paused before continuing, “One could give them death, the experience of what it is like for one to perish, to lose, to be reborn. Would granting them the one thing that their god desired to prevent be a more sweeter fruit for one to give them?”

Fury bled into the ground around the stag until they saw the fear in End’s eyes. At the sight a chill swept over them, like hoarfrost in spring. When Mawlock tore them in two, they felt nothing. Even when hearing of Mawlock’s sorrows or as they ripped out his heart like a swollen fruit. Yet at the mere sight of terror upon this child of a god, and knowing the cause was themself, brought an unbearable pain unlike any other. Had their skull still had eyes, they might have wept from it.

They had entered Mawlock's realm to end this vice, and had ripped out their brother's heart in search of the cure. Yet the lines had blurred. Vice… they must remember what was the meaning of firstborn vice. Divine duty must be upheld, the cycle complete. Winter must always come.

“The cycle. Yes… balance. To hold the trembling insect and mighty warrior in equal measure…” The stag breathed, sighing as if under a heavy weight. (A call back to an earlier discussion with Mawlock about not valuing humans over other lifeforms. The Stag is self aware that they are now valuing humans over other things, as they chastised Mawlock about.)

"It would seem vice knows no rest, even for this one." their words were slow and ragged. "One should never need bear witness…and yet one speaks with wisdom."(it seems that even I am not immune to firstborn vice… you shouldn't have to see me like this..)

End shook his head, reaching out as he spoke, “No it's fine, one understands, one knows you…” they spoke out, fearing a different form of fear on how they were speaking as if something was ending.

“Indeed, one must not forsake the garden for the flower, as one’s brother has done. One must distinguish the weed from the herb, and know when one becomes the other.” The miasma of curse began to recede from the air, settling back into the black seed suspended above the stag’s severed head. “These immortal humans are to be kept as minions of order, and shall not belong among the mortal races. This one sees twenty-and-five souls among the mimics. For as long as they live in service of a divine power, it shall be beyond the cycle. Should the humans choose to live in freedom, as is the right of mortal races, the cycle shall take its toll. Should the twenty-and-sixth be born, it shall be born in mortality. Should a new life be made, one must be taken. May it be forevermore.” (The immortal humans are to be minions, and shall not share the same freedom as a mortal race. If more than 25 humans exist, we shall make them mortal. They have until the next full moon to find a god to serve or else they shall become mortal.)

End nodded to the other, “As one agrees it should be.” they spoke, still unsure with Vitis, not fearing them but rather what will result after this.

As soon as the stag finished speaking, the cursed miasma became a flock of ruby eyed crows. They took flight towards the village, and would speak to the immortal humans within. It would be known that if each of the ‘minions’ did not find a god to serve by the next full moon, they would suffer the curse of mortality. If they were unaware of Mawlock’s death, the crow’s would tell of the events that transpired in the realm.

“Come, follow this one once more.” The stag said to Dreams End, turning from the human village for the last time.

End nodded happily as he quickly followed forward, not feeling as scared anymore, maybe he was just overthinking things.

Last edited:
Lechiku & Nechiku timeskip
[Ooc note: these events take place about a week after the death and rebirth of Vitis and Gurthu.]
Mention: seasonedcat seasonedcat (Dream's End) Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Zythis)​

Adjusting to the change was not easy for the Eyes. While the stag had taken measures to sever the connection, it never truly cut them off from the essence of the domain. It took a few days for the pain to subside enough for coherent thoughts, yet in the end this was only to make way for a different sort of suffering.

Nechiku had taken it the hardest. All she had ever known about herself and her place in the world had always been in the servitude of the stag. Out of instinct she watched all things, drifting like a wind to wherever the stag willed her to. Now there was nothing but emptiness. Without orders, she simply sat on a broken tower of Kianu’s castle and stared far off into the horizon with dull eyes.

Lechiku couldn’t stand it. More than a few times she tried to drag her twin out of the stupor, grab her attention away with jokes or insults, but instead of chastising her, Lechiku just simply shook her head and muttered feeble musings.

After a few days of fruitless attempts, Lechiku felt the dark mood seem to infect her as well. She took the habit of scavenging through abandoned tables of the long deserted ball room, devouring the god-wine until her senses dulled into an almost peaceful slumber.

It was during one of these blackouts that she smelled something new. She awoke slowly, her hearing and vision as slow as the throb in her head. A blurry shape of red and white was standing in front of her.

It smelled like grain and freshly cut fruit and spoke with the smooth voice of a woman, one that Lechiku did not recognize in all her travels. “Oh, did I wake you? Do forgive me, you seemed to be in such a peaceful sleep.”

“Go away…” Lechiku groaned, feeling hunger gnaw at the core of her being. How long had she slept? When had she last eaten anything? The ballroom was running out of provisions, and more importantly the god-wine.

As if sensing this, the woman clicked her tongue. She reached down to dip her finger in a puddle of the wine and brought it to her lips “Hmm, oh yes that would do it. The stag’s own personal wine. Say, did they ever tell you what it is made of? Isn't it strange how they never partook of it? Oh goodness, I am rambling on. That isn’t important.”

Lechiku gripped her throbbing head in annoyance and shut her eyes. “Shut up will you... too loud...”

“Oh dear me. It must be so, so very difficult for you. My, becoming the inheritor to a vigilant deity’s eyes and possessing a boon you should never have the right to.”
She laughed, a light and merry sound that made the hair on Lechiku’s neck stand on end. “Amusing, isn’t it? A little watcher so desperate to be oblivious. Let me help clear your head, shall I?”

All at once Lechiku’s intoxication vanished and she was overwhelmed with a wave of sights and sounds. It hurt, more than the headache and more than whenever the stag had passed. She tried to reach out to Nechiku, only to find… nothing. Her eyes widened, fully alert.

“Ah, now you see what you’ve missed, don't you? Very good.”

In a flurry of feathers and talons, Lechiku was back in her beast’s skin. It only made the woman smile, her lips as red as the wine pooling across the table. “Now, now, no need to get your feathers ruffled. I’m not a monster, you know. I like to think of myself as quite a benevolent god. Perhaps the most of them all, if I do say so. For instance, there was no need to punish your negligence because it was Nechiku who you gave responsibility to. Remember? What was it you called it again? Retirement? Ah, yes that is the one.”

The owl monster clicked her sharp beak together, her talons breaking the table she had once been sat at. “What did you do with Nechiku, goddess?”

“You really don’t recognize me, do you? Hmm, can’t say it is surprising. Well, she isn’t dead if that is what you fear. No, no, killing her would have defeated the purpose of this very important lesson.”

“And that is?”

“Well, what good are eyes if they do not watch and see? Rest assured that I have given new purpose to your wayward twin. You, on the other hand, I would dearly love if you could willingly give me that Stag's Eye of yours. I would hate to make things…inconvenient for you in your newfound retirement.”

The red haired woman whistled lightly, summoning a black blur from the heights of the castle. It flew in on feathers darker than moonless sky and folded its wings, nestling beside the goddess. Its eyes were as blue as stars, and devoid of any recognition as they stared at Lechiku blandly.

3d90a19277e2227a4be4153166835e56.jpg

Lechiku vowed that she would not show any hint of sorrow in front of this goddess. Even if she wished to cry, to rush to her warped sister, she refused to give a single ounce of satisfaction to the goddess for her cruel game.

“Bring her back.” Lechiku growled, the Void Hunger rising off of her like flecks of ash.

“You must forgive me but-”

“I’ll do whatever it is that you want. No more games.”

Lechiku’s interruption made the goddess’ smile grow even bigger. “Ah, well since you insist on volunteering yourself so eagerly… perhaps arrangements can be made. As I have said, I am a goddess of my word, as am I dedicated to ensuring that others in my domain keep theirs as well. Do you understand, little owl? Do you know who I am now?”

Lechiku nodded begrudgingly and Vitis continued. “You may have failed the stag in your lethargic slacking before, but you will not make the same mistake again. There will be no more chances. Eyes that do not see have no purpose, and all things must have their purpose. For you, you shall become a ceaseless watcher of that which has infected you. Not a single moment will pass that your eyes do not watch him, and not a single detail will escape you, not from now until a hundred hundred years. Then again, the old fool could bore me to tears and this will all just be a big waste of effort, but alas only time will tell.”

Vitis clasped her hands together, “Oh, and don’t you fret over that nasty hunger of yours, I have already thought it through. It wont go killing you anymore, not so long as you are feeding on the information. Really, the more I recall the memories of Unry the more I believe this is how the proper blessing should have been… but I digress.”

Lechiku was glaring at the goddess, her wings tense at her sides. “What about Nechiku?”

“She will be safe with me, I assure you. A member of my personal flock.. Or murder… or unkindness? What was it the mortals call it? Oh no matter, she will be content and happy, so much more than that deep sadness that gripped her before I arrived. Now go, little owl, your watch begins.”

With a gust of wind that knocked over the tables, Lechiku departed for Unry’s realm. After she had left, Vitis took a good look at the remains of the ballroom and let out a discontented sigh.

“Dear me, what a drab little place. Kinau really should have cleaned this whole mess up, wouldn’t you say, Lechiku? Though I suppose she has little need of it anymore.” She chuckled lightly and stroked the head of the black owl, giving it a loving smile, “Oh my, the most wonderful idea just occurred to me. Now, little owl, you’d best keep this secret, as I want it to be a surprise… but I think it would be the most excellent present for our dear little Zythis."

Gurthu arrived behind her, his antlers entangled in countless spirit blossoms, all swollen with the once trapped souls of Kianu's preserved 'trophies'. He looked towards where Lechiku had been, "Did the owl like her new duty? Other owl is not sad anymore?"

"My my, look at all those poor souls. How tired they must be, to be trapped outside the cycle all this time…" Vitis said, glancing at the spirit blossoms before addressing Gurthu's concerns. "She was quite drunk, but I believe this is the happiest outcome for her. When this is over I imagine she will have learned her lesson and change for the better. Her sister will be more than happy to wait for her, and the time apart will make every moment together all the more precious."

"This is good!" Gurthu said excitedly, nudging the transformed Nechiku with his nose. "Gurthu does not when things are sad… like Dream's End."

A pained look crossed Vitis' face. She plucked up a goblet of wine and drank from it, her eyes dark. After it was finished she turned swiftly away and motioned for Gurthu to follow. "Come now, Gurthu. This place is much too stale with the past. I am sure our sweet Zythis will love to test out his new fangs on this place."

The march of time continues to move undeterred as conflict between the gods begins to reside and the heavens manage to fall into a feeling of uneasy peace. Yet on the lands of mortals does time have the greatest of effects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Humans and Zorks under Harmony, and with the assistance of Zexzad, rebuilt the village they once lived in, improving upon it and in the span of countless generations building the great city with their God on its peak. The mortals remained near the city, some picking up the lifestyle of farming, careful to not stray too far from their sanctuary and too deep into danger. The immortals, blessed by Harmony, grouped up in pairs and groups, setting out into the world to spread word of the city of their Deity and preach the teaching of Life and the other divinities. The only Immortal to remain was Delilah, the High priestess to act as an overseer of the city.

1650671669567.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sylvin and Coria of the desert had experienced peaceful yet harsh lives under the scorching sun, such harshness uniting them for a time being. As they grew in numbers and new ideals slowly began to rise the Sylvin slowly began to find themselves at odds with each other in ways which debate could not fix. It was then that a large number of Sylvin broke off from the originators, claiming a sizable chunk, whilst a group within the separatists split off too to make their own nation with their own ideologies, claiming manageable territory. In time these new nations grew and remained peaceful with each other, but through many years tensions would slowly begin to rise as rumors and speculations would begin to paint a sour picture into all their minds. When the Priests of life traversed through the lands of the three nations they were met with warm welcome, and a large group traveled to the City of Harmony, but only few decided to live within the walls.

1650671740529.png1650671752224.png

By the North the Corian tribe had entered into brutal conflict against the Zorks they had banished away so long ago. It had been a brutal battle, hindering many of their beliefs and forcing both sides to evolve more for war. A faction within the Corian tribe had broken off from the tribe, no longer believing in the worship of Kianu and wishing to take no part in the bloodbath. When the priests of Life arrived it was the Zorks who accepted their beliefs while the Tribe of the Coria rejected their beliefs and bid them leave.

1650671767886.png

Since the first days of their existence the Unadyne had been given a goal by their creator, to make a Grand city and a bridge that could span the sea. Tirelessly did the Unadyne labor to achieve this goal, spending generations to build the Grand City and many more to build the bridge. It was in those times that the Unadyne began to ask themselves a question: ‘who was the superior Unadyne?’ This singular question did not deter then Unadyne into infighting but led to a fierce competition to prove themselves the superior. From then on each generation became more competitive, more fueled by the ambition to prove themselves superior leading to a boom in development throughout their culture, economy, and Infrastructure. When the priests of Life arrived the Unadyne paid them little mind, only a few outliers listening to their preaches and even less making the journey to the City of Harmony.

1650671780268.png1650671858822.png

The Kobolds or Dwellers of the Mountain as many had referred to them had advanced in their technology and territory within the mountains, but the more they grew the more infighting would occur leading to further and further setbacks with some the by product of forming factions withing the clan as a means to suppress the conflict, smallest Clans managed to avoid such a problem and quickly created structures of construction and prayer, seeing their faith as fuel to progress. The largest Clan however broke into a civil war which rages on to this day. When the priests of life arrived they were met with a certain curiosity, Kobold clans allowing their existence yet no Kobold heading to the City of Harmony through inability.

1650671873575.png

The Brotherhood had expanded their borders and culture. As generations passed many Chiefs were selected, the majority being Dwarfs but a few being Zorks and Geldek. With each Chief came a wave of change, whether cultural or agricultural. In their time traveling their home they encountered the Kobolds which they believed would join the brotherhood yet instead were met with hostility, both the Clan of Kobolds and the Brotherhood have severe border friction and recently the newest Chief has been considering a more direct approach to solving the problem. When the priests of life arrived, confusion began to spring up with Harmony yet it was quickly understood and embraced, many of the Zorks especially venturing to the City of Harmony.

1650671891539.png

The Velta had a complicated history, the mainland Velta had embraced the slavery of the Zorks and other species they wished while the Velta colony admonished such an idea separating from the mainland and causing many conflicts to arise but ending in Stalemates. The Mainland were the ones to encounter the Kobolds and with their beliefs they made an enemy with the Mountain dwellers, causing a conflict that still persists. When the Priests of Life arrived to the former colony they were welcomed and questioned further about the world while the ones in the mainland attempted capture resulting in a few Velta deaths.

1650671903148.png

The Tilune had spread for many years. Their religious capital remained in Gladwe, building dedicated temples to every god in the pantheon. The rocky peaks beneath Gladwe were further settled, creating settlements along the ridge devoted to farming what little land could be farmed and living relatively isolated from society.
In Haidwe, reconstructions began on the few remaining pillars and the inhabitants spread down to the base level, building a wide fishing village on their shoreline. Across the world, Tilune culture had revolved around their dedication to learning and seeking truth in a land of great mystery, as well as unyielding faith in the power of the gods.
The Frogglins beneath Gladwe rebuilt as well, becoming a small village of thatch and mud. Some Frogglins, further blessed by the New Rain, left their homes to find meaning elsewhere in the world, surviving in the muds and damp underbellies of the wide world.

1650671816808.png1650671805037.png

The Zork near the Memuor had become a defense and isolationist people, having to constantly defend themselves from the ceaseless attacks of the memoir yet never advancing forth for it would result in a fruitless effort. When the Priests of life arrived the Zork welcomed them and many left in search of a peaceful life away from the violence brought by the Memuor.

The Many tribes of the Memuor continued to grow and expand seemingly finding no other purpose in life other than to claim the lives of opposing tribes and fellow kin. When the priests of Life arrived many more times than not they were greeted with warnings to leave while other times they were met with a sky of arrows.

1650671916497.png

At the underbelly of the world did the Geldek reside, their existence still in constant danger from the ceaseless waves of demons, many communities having fallen yet the ones remaining standing stronger than ever. Many of these communities believed it was time to dig further, sending exploration to the surface to uncover the world. When the Priests of Life found the Geldek it was perplexing and confusing for the Geldek but they accepted the priests regardless more in terms of morbid curiosity.

1650671927470.png

The children of Nyylathe affected by time had slowly become divided, the majority remained with their parent, remaining as servants of their god: maintaining the den and feeding their creator with entertainment and the wonder of exotic goods. Some of those who participated in the activities found themselves slowly spiraling down a dark and endless cycle of wants and desires before eventually ending up as twisted and devolved spider-like abominations, losing their minds and remaining only as pets for their insatiable amusement. The minority however moved far from the den, building a city state with the ideal of restraint as to not drown in pleasure while also forming their society and culture through an emphasis on nobility and the importance of family bonds. Slowly they expanded yet compared to their den counterparts, the city dwellers restrained themselves only taking what was needed more than what they wanted. When the Priests of Life arrived they were naturally welcomed yet none of them decided to move out.

1650672055353.png

In the heavens did the Goddess Runa lock the Eternal archive, preventing anything from entering while discouraging her equals to attempt entry. The realm however did not cease, the tireless workers of such a place recording unable to leave, whilst the Goddess required time after the events that occurred still fresh in her mind.

1650671953734.png

From the depths of the forest did a creature of purpose move. A creature that would prey upon the stranded and guilty, a creature that admonished civilization and would swoop in, carefully taking out small settlements and towns and making many within nations fear for what might come for they knew none were spared when they overstepped. That thing’s name was Zythis.

1650671966204.png

Korakki King of the Corvid was a being made by Vitis, a being with the purpose to feast upon those who would not honor the Harvest. With a swarm of birds would the skies above the races turn black, circling above them as to let them dread for every possible second and to let them know they were at fault. The Mainland Velta in particular had learnt of this the hard way, having had a portion of their population constantly devoured as they struggled to learn, finally giving in by sacrificing slaves to prevent such horrid fate from falling untop of them. Many have tried to fight back and in one circumstance were the defenders able to fell such an unsightly creature, yet within days did the king rise once more taking further pleasure to exude the sense of dread and inevitability upon its prey.

1650671971098.png

Through all this time has a new yet familiar being traveled the lands observing and learning, her mere presence causing small cults to pop up within all nations and races. Not much was known about her except that she seemed to possess power and a presence of chaos, dangerous yet benevolent. Other stories began to spread through each of the cults, differing from each other in a disorganized mess yet they all agreed that it would not be long till she would grace the sights of many more.

1650671987599.png

The night descends and the sun rises to a new day, a new era for all, one which is molded by the foundations of the past. The future holds potential and with potential do new beings of power rise from the nothingness, to bring forth their influence upon creation.

1650672004928.png

jmann jmann Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Tetro Tetro Damafaud Damafaud Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Soviet Panda Soviet Panda pinewoodpine pinewoodpine DapperKnight DapperKnight Stickdom Stickdom RageFactorXIII RageFactorXIII BabyGirlRage BabyGirlRage argotNaut argotNaut

Attachments

• 1650671937952.png
    1650671937952.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
1650761617742.png
Harmony

Pre-timeskip

Harmony watched alongside Zexzad, listening to the words of Vitis and Dream's End. Was this truly the result of their deeds as Mawlock? A bitter, dark-hearted sibling, and one filled with uncertainty? They felt an ache grow from within their form. Once the two had left, Harmony walked into the ruined settlement with Zexzad. To their horror, the Zorks and humans alike began to strike at the crows, the humans using the power they received freely to ensure the slaughter of the agents of Vitis. There was nothing but death and hatred remaining within the settlement, only further antagonized by the words and actions of their sibling.

"No! Stop!" The voice of Harmony echoed loudly, stopping the assault on the crows as the humans and zorks turned their attentions towards Harmony. Their form may had been new, but their children could feel that their god stood before them, alive and well. Harmony very calmly went about the small village, healing whatever damage had been inflicted upon the crows and even breathing life back into those that had been torn to pieces before sending them on their way. "My little ones, it is wrong to take a life before it's time. To not punish these messengers. There has already been so much loss. You must remember your place." They explained, speaking with a soft tone.

"We have done nothing wrong! And those two-!" Harmony changed their form to be only slightly bigger than the human's, putting a finger to the human's mouth who was about to begin shouting. "Shhh, do not worry now." They reassured him, moving their hand away to rest it on their shoulder. "There will be no more fighting. No more senselessness. Well..." Harmony glanced over to Zexzad, laughing softly, "at least not too much of it."

~

Post-timeskip

Harmony spent the early years of their renewal working alongside the humans and Zork to rebuild what was destroyed. They remained very hands-on, spending personal time with each of the people of the village, and learning more about the past from Zexzad. After a few hundred years they changed their golden form to a new, darker blue one. By the end of the five hundred years, the settlement had been built up into a large city, with a grand temple at the very center that could be seen from miles around where Harmony resided to both accept worship and interact with any who wished to speak to them. The city was decorated with various fountains, gardens, and smaller temples for many of the other gods, all of which were tended to by the mortal humans and zorks. The original humans that Harmony had created so long ago were paired up now that the city had been built to an appropriate size and sent out to preach to the mortals of the world. They were sent to preach about peace, love, life, and living a life of balance in accordance with nature and the land. In addition, they were sent to speak of the gods, reminding mortals of their importance and authority. The only human without a partner was Delilah, who Harmony had blessed with twins, both to celebrate new life in honor of their new form and as a statement against Vitis' attempts at exercising authority over the humans.

While the world may not have been at peace, Harmony made sure that the city of Roma was. And they were determined to keep the past in the past, opting to reside within the city and only ever reaching outside of its boundaries when granting their power to their preachers or protection to those who wished to make the journey to the city. Most of their company consisted of new mortals who came to the city and Zexzad. And while they made for great company, there were times when Harmony missed interacting with their other siblings. Back when things hadn't been so divisive.

"You know, Zexzad, I never did ask... Where did my pet hedgehog go?"
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

• Disclaimer: Pre-Death of The Stag
    9GATjW120040_3161594.jpg
    Agapi
    Mention:
    Tetro Tetro (Mawlock)
    Agapi hated how she flinched at Sinidarr's words, wincing her head away as if she had been struck. In truth, she knew that all Sinidarr said was correct. It was nothing but a miracle that she had survived.

She nodded vaguely at what he said, but did not see him leave. Her eyes were looking downwards at the dead flowers and puddles of wine. Out of all those who suffered here, why was she left so unscathed? She looked up at the stag, their broken body turned away from her, focused on some craft. Then they turned and left, even without saying a thing to the words of Zexzad.

Agapi watched them with hesitant fascination. The stag moved like a puppet, their limbs seeming to be dragged along by an unseen force rather than my their own agency. She couldn't help but feel an unsettling sensation as she watched Vitis Gurthu stumble with painful slowness.

As if sensing her gaze, the stag stopped and straightened up to their full height. Their decapitated head slowly turned in her direction. The sparks of blue light looked so far away, shining like a dying candle in a cave.

Dread swelled in her chest as she remembered her deal with the stag. Agapi stood frozen in place as the stag approached, oddly transfixed by the broken steps of their hooves. Before she knew it they were stood in front of her. The scent of fruit and rot was overpowering.

"Does one recall thy blessed duty?" they said with a voice rattling from beyond. "The purpose to one's renewed life, and the pact made in snow?" [Do you remember the deal we made?]

Agapi dipped her head in shame, awaiting the inevitable. "Yes, Great Stag."

"Very well."

Thinking of her brief life, Agapi realized she did not manage to see much beyond the strife of gods and the suffering it caused. It had been short and of little impact to the world, yet she decided she would cling onto the little beauty she had seen. Her heart ached at the memory that was now Mawlock, yet she was determined to think only of who he had been at the moment of her rebirth. She thought of Sinidarr and Dream's End, two bonds made in her brief life yet ones she cherished fondly. If she had happened to meet these bright souls in her short life, then in the end it had not been a waste. One day they would meet again. She looked forward to that day.

A great pain seized her soul, the rotting away of something. She could feel her connection to Vitis and her tree slipping away as the pain grew greater and greater.

In each of the far lands, the Guardian Saplings withered away, their beautiful leaves turning shades of brown and black before falling to the ground. All that was left were bare branches in the wind. The only one that had been spared of this fate was Agapi's own sapling.

When Agapi opened her eyes she found Vitis Gurthu staring at her, eyes empty. Though warped, she could still sense a familiar dry amusement in their voice, "Did one believe it to be thy end? How careless this one must seem, even to thee. Evermore, this one's shadow takes on new life." [Oh? Did you expect to die? Perhaps I do seem like a monster, even to you?]

Agapi's heart was racing. She relaxed herself without realized she had become tense, her pale scales sliding across the ground as she came to rest. Her sides were heaving, her heart pounding.

"Duty dies to love. Like weeds and wildfire it festers. Grim madness one becomes and bleeds. Single in mind and action." [*Meant to be vague, the stag is suggesting that love and affection will hinder the loyalty to duty and cloud judgement.*]

Agapi tried to understand. The stag's words were more fragmented than she remembered, as if they too were trying to stitch the thoughts together. She tilted her head, "I... I think I understand."

"Then allow this one's last boon to thee." the stag said, "Keep it well as one fulfills thy sacred promise, O first of the Grove Keepers." [Remember these words as you continue your sacred duty.]

A crimson fruit appeared before Agapi, and when she split it open between her claws she could see it was filled with glowing blue orbs. She recognized them immediately as being the seeds of Guardian Saplings. It became clear as to why, yet she could not understand what this meant for the stag. They had severed their divine bond with herself and all the saplings, yet Agapi still remained connected to her sapling. She knew it still stood, yet instead of being supported by the stag's domain, it was solely kept alive by her.

She wanted to call after the stag, ask them as to what they intended to do after splitting themselves from their guardian saplings, but the words caught in her mouth. All she could do was watch the stag leave, staggering onwards to lands unknown. It was not her place. After everything, the only thing she should do from now on was obey the words of the stag. It was the least she could do now. Whatever they wished her to do would become apparent in time.

Sinidarr, Paleros, Animus

• Sinidarr
    Squallhaven.jpgsini.jpg

Slam.
    A hulking Velta stood above a much smaller Sylvin who was now groaning in the packed dirt.

“Enough,” said an older Tilune man, his skin weathering and his voice low and gravelled. Sinidarr’s body had grown older over time, much to his surprise. His capabilities remained the same, however.
    The Sylvin stood up, holding his cracked ribs. He tried to walk past Sinidarr, spitting an “I’m done,” before Sinidarr grabbed the shirtless man by the shoulder and dragged him back.
    “Myen, son, do you know what I see?” He pulled Myen close and pointed to one cabin along the edge of the watering hole among dozens, all of varying designs and quality. The stone foundation was jagged and off-balance, yet the wooden walls were carved to perfection and sealed from the wind, and the roof of bundled ferns was tightly bound and evenly spaced.
    “My c—”
    “Dedication,” Sinidarr interrupted, “I see your dedication. I see it in the stonework; rough, but the effort is there. I see it in every carving of the wood. Each stroke done with the hands of somebody building a home. And the roof… you laid the stones not caring about me, this place, or yourself. You laid the roof with purpose and dedication. I can see that so clearly, so why can’t you? When you fought Vilkir when you first arrived, you lasted very close to one second. Today? You stood your ground for eight. Your martial ability is improving, and your faith in the gods is unrivalled. You will always be fighting bigger opponents, so you will need to know the taste of defeat. I promise you one day you will become a legend. Now go,” Sinidarr pushed Myen towards the cabin. Another Sylvin immediately approached and helped them limp back to their cabin.
    “Vilkir,” Sinidarr addressed the Velta parading around his group of supporters, “tighten your core when they attack, your body can take it.”

With that, Sinidarr gestured for another student, a Velta woman, to enter the chalk ring against Vilkir. Behind Sinidarr, more students were gathered around a second, larger chalk circle where one four-armed Coria stood spear-and-shield against a Tilune and a Solari Unadyne.

###​

Long into the night, firelight danced against the waterhole and was framed against the massive Immortal Blossom radiating dim light for many miles. Around several large campfires were dozens of students of various races and ages from early teens to middle-aged adults. All had come in the search for greatness, hearing stories of Squallhaven and the glory that awaited its alumni.

Songs were sung and stories shared of lands far and wide. People ate hearty meals and drank responsibly. Night at Squallhaven was the time for merriment and de-stressing.

“Friends!” Sinidarr called the surrounding bonfire’s attention, standing up on a fallen log, “this week I have seen more improvement from you than some nations will see in months!” There was a boisterous cheering all round, “and that is who you are. Each and every one of you has made me so proud and there is no people I would rather spend my days with. The farms are thriving, our cattle more content than any I’ve seen!” Another round of cheering rang out through the night, “But you are no farmers. You are the Men of This World. Defenders of the true people, not beholden to kings or thanes. So raise a glass! Raise a glass to yourself! Raise your brothers! Raise a glass to Squallhaven...” Sinidarr raised his finely crafted metal tankard to the castle that stood nearby, a shining example of teamwork and dedication, each stone was laid by himself or one of Squallhaven’s many students that had made it into legends and history books for their courage and honour.
    “But most importantly…” Sinidarr paused, looking around at each of the students, memorising their faces, “Raise a glass to the Riders of Wind and Rain!

The Judge - Harmony
The Fool - Zexzad
The Ruin - Dream’s End
The Sovereign - Buras
The Mind - Unry

Last edited:
1650790285124.png
35B7AB6D-80F5-49A2-9EAA-2FED915DA5DC.jpeg
Zexzad&miko
interaction: Tetro Tetro Juju Juju
Over the years zexzad form has twisted into a more warped effeminate figure in appearance finding some of the changes to the land irksome while they where the god of change scheming too came into it and thusly the longer wider picture was always within Zexzad‘s preview of things that bird stifled change leading to stagnation.. amusing really considering the entity that spawned the stupid thing they’d spent a fair deal of tjere time around harmony and with there… “son” Miko. The guardian sapling of Agapi had become home to flocks of iridescent squires the bird like creature tending to the tree and the garden that surrounded it for some reason. For it seemed tje gods had little liking of the past annhilatimg anutjng that wasn’t strictly protected by there respective god it was disheartening to see them fall to wraith like squabbling children.

there where also the seers and undoer‘s creatures spawned form Zexzad‘s personal annoyance with certain entities the warp was a fickle place prone to bouts of rolling newness form Zexzad‘s subconscious. Tho Zir was pretty annoyed they had been rather incapable of doing there job properly when everyone was stuck in a rigid framework of fear and reverence toward “harvest“ at least in the minor gods own preview.

Zexzad more or less lounged around With harmony today observing something through an orb of energy in-front of them. There attention turned to harmony when they asked about the hedgehog. “Hmm I think there still somewhere possible in the warp I’ll have to go look” zexzad replied thoughtfully.

thats when Zir appeared there form multi armed eyed and tailed clearly indicating they where annoyed. “Oi boss ta stupid bloody bird toss pot been maken me job ell, can’ta get anyfing without ta thing swoopen in en nabbing the sod ima trying to elp or ter too frightened ta try anything new cuz there worried itel snatch em can ya least get da bloody shrub orse ta lighten up on ta whole fing” they exclaimed with exasperation towards there major god.

”hmm yes iv been meaning to talk to those two very well then I suppose its better late then never..“ Zexzad got up turning again to harmony. “Well I will be off hopefully I can convince them to ease up on there strangle hold on mortals“ Zexzad said with an exasperated sigh. “Miko we’ve got business to attend to would you like to tag along” they‘d call out

running up to the god was a much taller older boy then the tiny Miko form before now a much taller adult sporting a single horn and a more flexible form so to speak. “Yeah dad I’m happy to go along it should be pretty cool” Miko replied with a grin of excitement on there face.

“Aah wonderful let’s get going then“ Zexzad would take Miko hand gently both disappearing in whatever odd fashion zexzad seemed to travel in to find the goddess that had cause such irksome behaviour. Within moments appearing near them. “Been a whole vitis. Gurthu… I’m sure I’m hard to forget no? Anyhow im not here to make a social call but one of hmm business pertaining to Korakki, that bird of yours has been causing a great deal of hassle for Zir one of my minor gods and been particularly irksome for myself a stifling of well deserved progress and change, I was hoping you could reign the beast in somewhat give the mortal some more breathing room?“ Zexzad asked announcing there presence to the duel formed deities.

Miko just waved at them. “Hey been a long time since we last talked guess dad a bit miffed new forms are looking nice tho“ Miko being more calmer and just greeting them both kindly to them the gods had basically been his extended family even if they all didn’t speak much it wasn’t like Miko knew anything else in the hundreds of years he’d been alive tho it felt much shorter thanks to his own warped perception of time.

Last edited:
Arthe & Harmony
writing in collaboration with Tetro Tetro

Dark….

So dark….

Why am I here?

Who am I

Color, I want the world to be colorful

As the thought stirs, the air around the space begins to vibrate. Color twisting and turning until there is an unstable shape, there but not there. The blob of color starts to notice the surroundings. They are in front of some kind of grand building. People coming and going with joy on their face.

Joy

I want to be joyful like them

The color shifts again, assuming the form of the people while maintaining their colorful nature.

images (1).jpeg

The joy seems to be coming from the big building along with the pleasant voice. So not-color walk there and open the door to a new world.

The grand temple had been hosting a large elaborate play, put on by the humans and zorks to entertain the two gods that had been residing amongst them for so long, as well as give all who wished to see it a good time. There were large tables full of foods of various types, rows of spectators, and a big stage thconstructed right before the bed of the lounging god Harmony. The play was a comedic retelling of Zexzad’s shenanigans when he gave sentience and power to a group of wild squirrels, and their duck emperor.

The temple was filled with laughter and joy from all, including Harmony. But things came to a halt when a disturbance of colors materialized just outside of the temple, causing many heads to turn from those coming and going. Harmony watched from a distance as a new god had come about, taking on a very peculiar form. They halted the play, getting up from their bed and walking over to the small god. “What do we have here?” They knelt down, picking up the colorful god. “A new little… brother?” They tilted their head. “You’re quite a colorful one. What is your name?”

The new god looks up at the giant form in front of them pondering their question.

Name? Do I have one?

Then, something flashed in their mind, a name engraved deep within their soul. "My name is Arthe. You look like you are having fun, and I LOVE fun." At least they think they love fun. "care if I join in?" Arthe twirled around in a playful manner and then bowed to the older god.

Harmony oo’d, carrying her brother over to the stage. “But of course! Forgive me everyone, but Arthe here will be joining us.” They set Arthe down on the stage before going to their bed, lounging back down, and getting comfortable. Everyone murmured and whispered, unsure of what would be coming next from this new god. “Whenever you wish to begin, Arthe.”

The new god standing on the stage, taking in the sight of an uneasy audience below. Something in them screamed with joy at the opportunity. Somehow it seemed so right, like coming back home. Before they knew it they started to move their body, starting with tap dance and ending up with their body upside down, hands on the floor and legs rising straight up to the sky. In their lively and weird dance there was some magic that made the crowd excited. While they danced there was a light around Arthe, bright and colorful like the new god themselves. They shifted and change with the rhythm making the show more spectacular.

By the end of the show, there was cheering and applause. Harmony was greatly entertained by the bizarre dancing of the god. It was new, and very unique. “Thank you for your display, Arthe. Stay in the city as long as you wish. As thanks for your performance, I will have a shrine built for you within my grand temple. I do not doubt you will have many worshippers, and many more followers of your ways.” Harmony picked up Arthe, “do you have any requests of me? Or shall I leave you to explore this world?”

"No, I shall stay in the city here and learn the way of the living. I only wish for your permission to visit from time to time as I still have so many questions about the world. By the way, I didn't asked your name, how rude of me" Arthe answered "for now I want to explore what I can do and find fun along the way. I hope you don't mind"

“Not at all. So long as you do not try to bring harm or disorder to the city or those within it, you are free to do as you wish. Go now, my beloved brother, and explore.” They placed a small kiss on the head of Arthe before setting them down, watching them go off to explore the city of Roma.

Last edited:
Unry

1650902679505.png

Within the endless and vast whiteness, Unry remained seated. Existence around him had shifted into something unfamiliar, yet recognizable. For the last centuries he meditated and pondered on the best course of action in such confusing times and finally after much debating he slowly stood back up. “Loyal Blade, show me.” He declared, a tear in space opened up and his shining blade exited through it sealing the tear as it exited. The blade by itself spun around Unry carving several names in the air before finally stopping. Though with no expression to show, Unry's very presence radiated with worry, “Then it’s as I feared, we’ve lost them…” he said, crossing his arms pausing once more.

“Now is not the time to grieve.” Unry’s presence shifted from worry to his usually radiant one, “Loyal Blade, take me to Yyn.” The blade reacted instantly, clearing the names written in the air with a single swiping motion. With two slashes through reality it opened up a tear large enough to allow Unry to walk through, quickly shutting it after Unry walked past it.

The stars in the heavens began to shine with greater intensity becoming even more resplendent at night and piercing the veil of the blue morning sky. From within the temple where Harmony stood, reality was sliced twice, opening a rift. Unry slowly stepped out of the rift, his aura was radiant and blinding but not painful to look at. The temple he stood on was grand in both size and spectacle, being clear that it was not solely built from the perfect hands of gods but by the flawed hands of mortals giving it a greater sense of value and admiration.

Unry’s blade shut the rift behind him before itself disappearing from sight. His gaze turned to look at his environment, spotting several humans and horned ones, as well as to look closer at the architecture and art across the temple before turning to face Harmony directly. “Hello fellow, let's have a chat.”

interactions: Tetro Tetro

• 𖥸 A Family Brunch 𖥸
    Vitis, Gurhtu, Zythis, Syrinx, Chiku, Tápos
    Interaction: Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Zythis) Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Zexzad) || Mention: seasonedcat seasonedcat (Dream's End) Solirus Solirus (Unry)
    C4j6Fl_VUAE2-0u.jpg
    6e51363226fa001434d4dcdc412b2113.jpg
    EMpqJ6vAtJC6izdTcTlZVJyk6-fs5H2WlD6bg3G45VI.png
    94ba042fa85d83df6652f72007005965.jpg

Somewhere atop the Tree of Souls was the personal vineyard of Vitis and Gurthu, and impossibly lush garden bearing endless fruit and drink. It was a place unknown to mortals, and also the location of a particular brunch set up by Chiku, goddess of cooking.

Vitis lounged on a chair made entirely of grape vines, all intertwined together and heavy with fruit. She took a moment to enjoy the scent of wine wafting from her goblet as she watched her children with contentment. They all sat (or stood) around a table of living wood, much like her seat, draped in a finely embroidered cloth of red silk. Upon it was a fantastical assortment of breakfast and lunch dishes, all prepared by her daughter Chiku. Steam rose from bacon and ham, dressed in an assortment of glazes and freshly chopped herbs, bowls overflowed with fruit, and the sugary scent of flapcakes and cream filled the air.

Three chairs at the table were empty, two for Vitis' grandchildren, and a third that lay at the end of the table. For the children it had always been vacant, and they had never asked about it, yet they all knew what the empty chair meant.

Never far, Gurthu was laid on the grass beside Vitis' throne of grapevines, enjoying the sun on his fur and consuming what looked to have once been a pile of flapcakes. He could not eat, as he was hollow beneath his fur and he had no sense of taste, but he still enjoyed the process of consumption with all his heart. As the food vanished into his skull, it rotted away instantly into a powder that made the vegetation around him bloom. In no more than a few minutes the grass he was resting in had become a small field of flowers.

While her siblings ate, Chiku drifted around the table with a smile on her face. She bounced to a stop beside her older brother, Zythis and gave a happy wave, "Hey, hey, Zythis, don't be so pouty! Cheer up! Do you like the food? I made this one just for you. I call it A Wild Bounty! See, its all sourced from wild game and plants, nothing cultivated." She proudly pointed to the slices of boar meat with a lightly boiled egg cut in two, rivers of gold yoke spilling out. Finely chopped herbs were arranged in a way that made them look like trees and grass. "Actually, using wild species of herbs really adds a unique flavor. I think I'm going to use them more often!"

"Speaking of pouting, why are you sulking?" Syrinx said, motioning with her half eaten sweet roll at Tápos who was sitting beyond the mountainous bowl of fruit and berries. Her eyes flared golden for a moment and a devilish grin curled across her face. Little fangs could be seen between her inky lips. "Oh, I see... it's that poet of yours. Well, I did warn you about his fate, didn't I? Even without my sight, that man was just asking to be murdered. Besides, isn't it a little odd for a god of funerals to be so upset over a death?"

Tápos, who had hardly touched his food, looked up with a sour expression. His eyes narrowed as he set down his fork, just as untouched as his plate of honey bread and blackberry jam. It was decorated with little candy skulls and a boar made of sprinkled sugar, sporting a happy expression that could not be any more opposite to who it was served to. He tapped his nails on the table in irritation. He thought of The Stag, cool and collected, and tried to hold his tongue.

"First, he was not a poet, he was a chronicler of the ages of gods. Secondly, I am undisturbed by his death, as he has returned to the blessed cycle. What you, or anyone else it seems, fails to understand is the loss of his priceless work. He dedicated his entire life to finding the lost tales of gods and revealing the truth unmarked by bias. I am upset because the 'apprentice' who killed him plans to destroy everything he built in his life. All those memories, all that legacy should be preserved! Now it's going to be forgotten by mortals forever!"

"Hmph, you just liked his writings of The Stag," Syrinx purred, her eyes teasing. Toying with her brother had become an all-too easy sport over the years, especially when it came to The Stag whom he revered to an almost unhealthy degree.

Tapos took the bait like a starving cod. He balled his fists in anger and raised his voice, "Do you know how rare it is to find a mortal memory that doesn't hate-"

Vitis, who had been watching this unfold, set her goblet down and interrupted the two with a calm, yet commanding tone. "That is quite enough, darling. Syrinx, you shouldn't go goading your bother like that, it's unbecoming of an older sister."

"Brother and sister should look after each other!" Gurthu added, looking up from his plate.

Chiku cleared her throat, trying to turn the topic away, "So, I've been thinking about that Festival of Cycles..."

Letting out a sigh, Vitis shifted back in her seat. Her guest could not arrive sooner. "Chiku, we have talked about this."

"No, no, just think about it. We can have the full cycle in all of its glory, a display of beauty and bountiful gifts, a celebration of life and rebirth! There will be song and dance, and food! If the mortals were to see how you two truly were then maybe they..." she trailed off, knowing she had delved into the taboo.

"My sweet summer child, there are some of my kin who do not understand my cycle, let alone the tiny minds of mortals. They are crudely thinking things that cannot see the bigger picture beyond their own lives. What was that song you told be about again? How does it go? A bitter, black heart / mother of crows and suffering... hmm I very much did enjoy the part about sleeping with beasts. Scandalous." Vitis chuckled and took another sip of wine, this time larger. Why did this conversation have to be brought up mere moments before a rat arrived in her garden. She continued with a gentle tone, her eyes filled with a motherly love. "Do you understand how they would treat you all if they knew I was your mother? The cannibal cook, the grave keeper who steals our children, the snake-minion that brings suffering instead of contracts. The mortals may despise me, but I will not let that ruin your chances to be revered as the beautiful gods and goddesses that you are."

Chiku looked crestfallen, but she nodded her head. Tapos sat with his arms crossed, listening to his mother's words with a look of distaste. Syrinx scoffed and finished her sweet roll in one bite. The rest of her plate was cleaned off by a spectral serpent head that disappeared into a puff of gold and purple smoke.

"I don't think my reputation is controversial, and Zythis is probably on the list of most hated gods by civilized mortals. Great work by the way. Keep it up." she smiled vaguely and glanced at her brother with a glimmer of smug pride. The way he foiled mortal plan was always something she enjoyed to watch, mainly from the displaced civilians making desperate pacts with her. "Anyways, I should get going before your guests arrive. I've got another prophecy to investigate. This one I am sure of."

She turned into a snake and slithered away from the table at an alarming speed, disappearing completely into the undergrowth. Vitis waved after her daughter and took another sip of wine just as Zexzad appeared with Miko in tow. It would seem her day would start with a headache. Without looking at Zexzad, she smiled sweetly over her goblet and raised a finger up at Zexzad as if to tell them to wait.

Instead of answering the question she let the pause draw out and took another slow sip of wine, inhaling thoughtfully. After a few moments she finally gave the visiting god her attention. "Dear me, is that you Zexzad? My word, the years have not been kind to you. Anyways, as for your inquires...you seem to have caught me at a bad time. As you may see, I am enjoying a lovely brunch with my children, and as it turns out, am awaiting the arrival of an esteemed guest. Perhaps another time would be better suited. Ah, and if you would be so kind, don't barge in uninvited. Even a god of chaos should have basic manners."

With a start, she noticed Miko. She fought back the memories of Dream's End and forced a smile. "Miko, darling! You've gone and grown up on me! My how the time does fly! Here, Chiku, offer him one of your hotcakes~!"

She motioned to her daughter, forgetting about Zexzad and most certainly failing to offer the god anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back