• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A World Reborn (Genshin AU) -- IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Ah!"

The young woman squeaked when a hand was waved in her face, ears pulling back in surprise as she was snapped back to reality when the man with the kitten suddenly seemed to notice her. "What? Oh, oh dear, was I- I was staring wasn't I? I'm- I'm sorry, I just. I love cats. And that one is so cute…”

She sighed, glancing back at the kitten with her chin resting on her propped up fist, gazing quite happily for another few moments, before realizing she was staring again and purposely turned away. “Cats don’t normally like me though.”

She tried to avert her eyes, but kept going back to looking at the little kitty, up until it… talked?
“… I-it can t-talk?!” She squealed, all sat up straight and shocked. “Cats… can cats talk where you’re from? I’ve never read anything about talking cats! I mean I’ve read about all kinds of different creatures and animals but mostly it’s humanoids that talk-“
She grabbed her own rather fluffy tail and began to pet it and play around with it, “I mean I don’t have any room to suggest cats don’t talk but I’ve never heard an actual… CAT cat talk- I’m sorry, I’m so rude, I’m going to stop talking now..”

She clamped her jaw shut, staring down at the counter of the shop anxiously, with her eyes darting up once in a while to look at the talking kitten. Fascinating.

Nothingness Nothingness HerculePyro HerculePyro

Margaux Blanchet

A breath of relief escaped Margaux's lips after Kyoya astoundingly delivered the final blow. It was without doubt that the local beasts they had encountered were highly dangerous. Had they been a regular group of tourists, devoid of any combat knowledge and visions, the Chupas would've had made quick work out of them. She felt a faint shiver creep up her spine, causing her to brush the thought aside as Haoran commended the party. Margaux nodded her head in agreement, flashing a thumbs-up at everyone as a way to congratulate them for a job well done.

It wasn't long before their commissioner arose from the ruby lake, looking far more majestic than someone who had just wrestled with a waterfowl should be. She silently noted that Cipali would make a good model. Catching her thought, she deliberately shifted her gaze to the boiled poultry in his hands. At the suggestion of snacking onto the Atotolin, Margaux's typically dull eyes brightened ever so slightly. She reached into the pouch strapped onto her thigh and pulled out a salt shaker with a tightly-taped lid. If her memory served her right, Kyoya has their communal bottle of pepper.

But before Margaux could scour her mind for recipes, Cipali asked if she was still willing to continue the job. He even went as far as to offer reimbursement for the trouble they had encountered. The ashen-haired female vehemently shook her head. She didn't think it was Cipali's fault at all! Instead, it was hers. It occurred to her that she shouldn't have summoned Hydro mimics since such elemental displays were known for attracting monsters. If there was anything that Cipali should do, it should be to deduct her salary.

She was about to explain her perspective when the newcomer swayed in place and collapsed. It happened in slow motion to Margaux's eyes, a high-pitched squeak leaving her mouth as she summoned a wave that propelled her in the direction of the fainting man. She stretched her arms forward, praying with all her might that she'd manage to catch the precious thing.

THUD!

She groaned as she felt her body hit the dry ground, immediately pulling herself up and looking around confusedly. It was only a matter of seconds before she realized that her beloved Kamera was safe in Haoran's hands - oh, and the stranger too. She took the gadget from her friend and hugged it close to her chest, her blank face doing a horrendous job at displaying her relief. Once she was done briefly reveling in their reunion, Margaux looked at the unconscious stranger in Haoran's hold, noting the tired lines beneath his eyes and his dry lips. The poor fellow reminded her of the Pauvres begging for scraps whenever she'd pass one of the poor alleys in Fontaine.

Margaux felt a hand rest upon her shoulder, causing her to turn and meet the sight of Lyuda. She couldn't help but lean towards her, the toll of the encounter finally catching up to her (or perhaps, she simply found the other woman's touch to be comforting). Nevertheless, Margaux didn't feel like quitting. She gave Lyuda a small nod, partially raising her Kamera to signify that she was still willing to continue the mission.

But before that, she supposed they should first attend to the frail-looking man in Haoran's arms. She placed her Kamera into her pouch and pulled out a gadget that appeared to be a drawing pad. With its partner pen, she began writing on its surface.

"He needs to get rehydrated and fed."

She showed everyone what she wrote.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum AI10100 AI10100 Ambiloquous Ambiloquous TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Rolf slightly lowered the menu he had been mindlessly perusing as he looked at what was happening on the other side of the table. The cat-eared girl had been petting the cat before the creature hissed at her and began talking. It was Rolfs first time seeing a talking cat as well but he didn't react in the way the girl had. Considering her own clear heritage it was more of a wonder why she had such a surprising response. With how he was acting he wondered what her career was, she was dressed for Mondstadt so what she was doing all the way in Liyue was a question that hung on his tongue, she certainly wasn't a salesperson.

As Rolf debated internally on whether or not to ask her, he was saved from his choice as chef Mao arrived with his food. The onion topped slab of bread that was placed in front of him was a surprise; Rolf had expected to be fed the fish he'd caught in one of Mao's pain-inducing spicy meals. The wide grin on the chef's face was like a slap in the face to Rolf, fisherman toast, how he didn't expect it from the cheeky young chef in the first place Rolf scolded himself mentally.

"Eat up my young friend, Wangshin Fisherman's toast has a bit more of a kick to it than the stuff you get in Mondstadt" he eagerly explained. Unlike previously the Chef didn't walk back into his kitchen but instead waited for Rolf to take a bite. Setting the menu fully down Rolf listed the first piece to his mouth and took a bite. Initially, it tasted like the same old fisherman toast he'd had before, the rich tomato sauce and fresh onions went well with the crunchy toast. It was only after he was savouring the taste that he felt the heat of Jeuyun chilis that had been added by the chef.

Rolf shut his eyes to hold back the tears as he let the heat fade, before exhaling with a heavy 'fwooooo'.
"That's got a kick alright," he replied.

Mao gave an appreciative laugh and walked back into the restaurant. Rolf took another bite of his toast, turning his attention back towards the cat-crew. Holding his piece of toast he leaned forward, looking at the cat girl.
"Maybe if you travelled the world instead of just reading about it, you'd see with your own eyes how much more there was. Talking cats included," he said cooly, before taking another bite.

Interacting: explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Mentions: Nothingness Nothingness

42ff67604ccd023620303d891e8e7e61.jpg
c7a4b34e320be0a0a594a286f2b1fbec.png

Interactions
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
Mentions
HerculePyro HerculePyro

As the woman was startled from realizing what she had been doing, simply from her reaction Jin had raised a brow curiously as to how she stated that she had a love for cats before stating that the kitten was called cute. Just the sound of the compliment had had boosted the ego of the feline as it calmed itself from its defensive like state only to quickly help itself onto its hind legs and place its front two paws onto its hips as though it were showing itself off. "Ya hear that Jin?! I'm cute. Why can't you be nice like th--" In the midst of speaking, Jin had lightly bumped his fist onto the top of the kitten's head causing it to cower down while holding its head in pain till a small bump had formed over the spot that it had been hit upon.

While the cat had been holding onto its head and the woman had gone off to state that she felines tended not to like her before going into shock about the fact that the kitten was talking, Jin removed his gaze from the woman just to stare down at Yuki who was still rubbing its head before staring up at the male with puffed up cheeks to show its frustration. Truth was, Jin had never honestly met another talking cat aside from Yuki as well and if there were any others out there than he had never met them nor did he bother to ever ask his companion about it since the two had been together long enough that it wasn't like it mattered much. "I cannot say exactly if there are talking cats...where I am from. Yuki is the only one I know that can do something like this...Although, for all we know there are many other strange things in this world."

During what little of the conversation Jin had with the woman, it was immediately halted once Chef Mao had approached the table where the group had been seated only to place down a plate for the other male across the table and seeming to stand there for much longer than necessary only to end up noticing as to how the male had taken a bite out of the food before the chef had finally decided to return to his kitchen once more. After the chef had returned to the kitchen, Yuki would direct its attention towards the plate of food that the other male had been eating just to begin drooling while it sat there staring as though no one else was around. Jin on the other hand simply began to dine away at the remains of the dish that the kitten had not finished earlier, only coughing under his breath a few times from the heat of the chilis in it.

While he had enjoyed the meal, he listened as to how the male before them had ended up interacting with the woman stating about exploration of the world to be able to meet and see more things, talking cats included. Hearing this had caught a bit of Jin's curiousity as to whether or not this man had met other talking cats before, even so Jin remained silent just to finish up the rest of his meal before standing from his seat. "Well...it was a pleasure to meet you miss. Though, we must be going. Yuki, let's go." Bidding farewell to the woman and giving a nod to the other male out of respects, Yuki was quick to snap out of it's trance-like state before wiping it's maw and turning to face Jin. "Oh! Are we heading to the Adventure's Guild now? Heard they've got a few new commissions in today! Can we something easy this time? Can we, can we?" As the kitten spoke, it bounced in place several times only to be lifted off the table and plopped onto the top of his head before the duo began on their way. "Sure, let's see what is available first though.."

Amamiya_Kyoya.png

Amamiya Kyoya

Kyoya simply watched her companions as she tried to settle herself down from the adrenaline she gained from the fight. "I agree, everyone worked well." The Oni said agreeing with the Liyuean. As for what Cipali had stated, "Nonesense, it was hardly your fault, nor was it your's Margaux. I-"

"Oh dear... he fainted," Kyoya said as she watched the stranger get picked up by Haoran like a sack of potatoes. Oddly enough, she was sure that the stranger had made no contribution to the fight whatsoever. Not to mention, no Chupa went near him. She noticed the way Margaux and Lyuda interacted with each other, then looked at Haoran and squinted her eyes. She found it odd how Haoran was okay with Margaux being so very intimately affectionate with others, just like that one time their ashen-haired companion tried to kiss her and he barely batted an eye. If it was her parents, well, her mother would have had a fit of rage at her father, the thought of it made her laugh a bit to herself. She misses them even if it has been so long.

"I'm not sure about him needing a healer." She moved closer to Haoran inspecting the unconscious face of the white-haired man before her. "Why don't we just ask him what he needs, wake him up." Kyoya had lifted her arm slowly, focusing to be sure she gives just the right amount of strength as to not break his neck and gave him a slap that resounded well within their surroundings.

mention: || interaction: AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Nellancholy Nellancholy Ambiloquous Ambiloquous TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Anom

As his eyes grew heavy, the frosty-haired man lost awareness of his surroundings. He was thrust into the depths of his mind, submerged by the weight of his own psyche. It was as if he had fallen into a pool of murky water, an endless depth that continued to cause his body to sink further and further into the expansive unknown. Every attempt to move was met with resistance as an invisible force held him in place. When he tried to breathe, his chest filled with pain. He was drowning.

Fear gripped the entirety of his body. There was no control. Everything in his life had slipped through the cracks of his fingers, and this moment was no different. He was pathetic; no better than a worm. It was humbling to know that even with his Vision, a gift from the archons themselves, he was not strong enough to choose his final resting place. As his metaphysical form continued to descend, Anom came to accept his fate. Finally, my time has come.

SLAP.

Spluttering awake, he was blinded by the dazzling sky above him. He coughed a few more times before his focus returned to him, his attention drawn to the man that held him caringly in their arms. Is this the afterlife? he thought to himself. His gaze then brought him to the demoralizing glare exuding from the oni woman. Perhaps not.

Recognizing that he was, in fact, being bridal carried by one of the adventurers from before, Anom's dismay settled in. As it turned out, he was still the living and breathing disappointment that had woken up earlier that morning. In a fit of embarrassment, his cheeks flared a bright red, and with little regard to his safety, he wriggled himself out of Haoran's grasp, promptly falling face-first into the dirt below. As he quickly reestablished his footing, Anom took a second to read the room before drawing his conclusion.

I'm being mugged, aren't I? There was little doubt in his mind. Based on the callous stares and the fact they were capable of stepping on him as if he were a bug, to call this intervention anything else was but a fraud. Did they want to be compensated for protecting him? Were they unable to tell that he was destitute? Whatever the case was, his, albeit pitiful, life was on the line. If he didn't convince them of his worth, they were going to strip him of his clothes and feed him to some godforsaken animal that resided in this foreign land.

"Anom Astrium!" he proclaimed, realizing afterward that none of them had asked for his name. "I-I am a traveling palm reader that has not a single mora to his name. While I can't pay for your assistance directly, I can at least offer you my services, haha . . . haaaa." A knot had formed in his stomach, and Anom wasn't sure if it was caused by the pressure these individuals possessed or if he was starving. His eyes kept flashing to the Atotolin meat Cipali held throughout his monologue. He had hoped the group would agree to his offer, or else his self-proclaimed new beginning was going to meet an early end.

AI10100 AI10100 Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . D O V E . D O V E Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Last edited:
"We can get right back to it then. Just...no more elemental displays, right chelovek?" Satisfied that Margaux was in good condition, Lyuda looked over her shoulder to address Cipali.

On the other hand, the fellow who Haoran was carrying seemed to be in a genuinely poor state, writhing and mumbling in his unconscious state. It might have been heatstroke, but...

The man promptly regained consciousness upon being slapped fiercely by Kyoya, extricating himself from Hao's grip and finally introducing himself. It was a ruse Lyuda was all too aware of. Pretend to be some pathetic, utterly unthreatening bumbler to follow your target, and then...

Lyuda considered delivering a punch of her own, but unless Hao and Margaux had picked up some particularly motivated enemies in their time abroad, the other explanation was far more likely.

Namely that what they picked up here was a genuine article of buffoonery.

"Relax, svoloch. This is not a robbery. My friend here just wanted to make sure you were alright after your heroic display." Her tone barely changed as she spoke. "If you can pick yourself up like that...I think we have nothing to worry about, yes?"

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Zhangzheng Haoran
Interacting with: . D O V E . D O V E Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Nellancholy Nellancholy TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

"Snack? A snack sounds nice." Haoran perked up at the mention of food. He wasn't particularly hungry but he wasn't going to pass up on an opportunity to eat something. It would seem that Margaux shared his sentiments and had already taken out one of their tightly sealed condiments. Ugh, he remembered the times when their condiments were soggy thanks to seawater getting in them and ruining them. Bland food never sat right with him but seawater-flavored seasonings were not as delicious as they sounded. "No, no, no, let's not sell it. I wanna eat." A bit of a childish remark but the prize was literally dangling right in front of him, he wasn't about to let it go.

His head bounced up and down in agreement with Lyuda and Kyoya. "These things happen all the time. No need for extra payment or stuff like that." If anything, this was tamer than most of the things that they had faced in their travels. Even before they met Kyoya, he and Margaux got into all sorts of trouble with the monsters that littered Teyvat. It kept them on their toes and, for Haoran, it kept him in the know of the enemies he had to get used to when they were traveling.

Haoran shook his head. "It's okay, sir. He's not heavy, I can take care of it." He reassured Cipali and looked over to Kyoya who approached the unconscious man. He cocked his head to the side as Kyoya suggested for them to wake him up. The question of how to do that got stuck in his throat as Kyoya delivered a swift slap that made Haoran flinch. The man had, indeed, woken up almost immediately after and wriggled out of his grasp. Finding no reason to fight it, Haoran withdrew his arms as soon as he was able and the man fell onto the ground.

Haoran stepped away from the man as he looked around at them. He found himself beside Margaux once again. He knew that his best friend could keep herself safe at all times, and he had protected them all with his shield to assure no injuries, but he liked being close regardless— if need be, he should be able to translate what she means for the rest of the group. Still, he gave her shoulder a squeeze, giving her a small sign asking if she, and her Kamera by extension, was perfectly fine. While also simultaneously asking if her portable cooking device was ready to be used because they had a bird to cook up.

He turned his attention back to Anom who seemed to be working himself into a panic. "Oh, a palm reader! I haven't met a lot of fortune tellers like you before." He offhandedly mentioned, directly contrasting Lyuda's suspicious tone. "And no sir, no robberies here! And nah, you don't need to pay. It's not like we saved you as much as you just... appeared, really." Was it surprising that some random guy appeared and just passed out almost immediately after the fight? Yes. But it wasn't like they were going to extort some poor passerby because he just so happened upon a battle, right?

Whether or not he understood what Lyuda was trying to do or insinuate with her line of questioning was up for debate but Haoran seemed to be in a different line of thinking. "Oh, we're going to eat some Atotolin in a bit. You must be really hungry and that's why you passed out, right? You could join us for a little picnic!" Haoran turned back to the others, mostly looking at Cipali who was holding their meal. "Do you think we could take a short break to eat before we resume the job? If that's okay with everyone?" Margaux already had their salt ready and Kyoya had the pepper, so they were pretty much set in the basic seasonings. It was probably going to be really tasty especially after working up quite a sweat.

Interactions: N/A
Mentions: N/A
Timeskip: 2 days later

'You are only a hunter inside the Windwail Highland.'

The words of warning, given by the headmaster of the Intelligence Department, were stuck far in the back of Sigil's mind. She soundly recalled the expression of dread on the face of the blonde-haired boy as he hurriedly stamped down the flight of stairs, and how it contrasted with the rather unamused look on the woman slowly descending behind him. Although the headmaster had clearly been bedridden for a while, with reddish pink patches blotting her face, she personally attended to the matter of Sigil's venture, approving it and granting her some supplies only after carefully lecturing her on the quest in full. Many of the exact wordings had drifted out of her memory, but the one line she distinctly remembered happened to summarize the point succinctly. Go to Liyue, investigate, then come back to Mondstadt. Nothing more nor less.

When Sigil brought the news home that night, her mother's face twisted and contorted in all sorts of ways, her mouth switching between being pinched closed and trembling while ajar. As her mother fell into her arms, she felt a pang of fear. They slumped onto the ground, and Sigil's eyes wandered, wondering when her mother would eventually let go, until they realized that she'd fallen asleep. On the morning of her departure, her mother woke up before her, whose face was plastered with a smile creased abnormally at each end, silently begging Sigil to stay. She convinced herself that she was imagining things.

The weather that day was thankfully, tame. The basic, slightly beaten Transport Balloon lent to her by the Guild wasn't swayed significantly by the passing gusts. Still, Sigil didn't idle as she floated along the outskirts of Mondstadt. She tried her best to study the map of Liyue she'd been given, though she was really just staring intensely at the spots that had been inked with a red cross. She snatched all the apples and berries off any branch she passed by, dropping them in a box anchored to the transport's base. By some miracle, Sigil managed to avoid any sort of scuffle on the way to Liyue, but it helped that she knew the land, and that some Knights of Favonius had been scattered about, notifying her of any hilichurl gatherings they'd spotted. Even with the tip-offs, Sigil's heart stirred each time a hill blocked the view ahead, but the familiar psithurism of the trees soothed her.

The hum of nature paused as she passed under two opposite facing cliffs, entering a seemingly empty road closed in on both sides by rocky walls. Sigil gripped her bow tightly in the event of a monster hiding around the corner, but there were none. Her gaze eventually scaled up the walls, squinting at small specks of trees and immediately noticing the transition from emerald green to golden yellow. As the path widened, Sigil was overcome by the view. Peaks stained brown stretched infinitely forward; patches of amber decorated the rocky 'trees'. Streams of clear water fell from the tops of some, thinning until they fell below the horizon. Above it all was the sun, fully shining over them. If it wasn't for the Millelith confronting her, she would have sat there for a while eating the landscape with her eyes.

Sigil was too dazed to notice the surprise on the faces of the two male Millelith there. They momentarily stared at one another, before one nervously stepped forward and called out, snapping Sigil out of her trance. "Ahem! Er... greetings, ma'am! Are you... an escort of some sort?" Sigil blinked twice, glancing from the view to the soldier's Black Tassel to his face. She followed the soldier's gaze, which was focused on the now full box of varied fruits.

"Uh... oh? Um, no! Um..." She looked at the sides of the Transport Balloon, fiddling with the mechanism that made the thing move. It gently sputtered to a stop. She looked amongst her belongings, hoping the important note hadn't been blown away by the wind while she was enchanted. It was found slightly crumpled, in the same box as the fruits. "I'm... from Mondstadt's Adventurer's Guild. I've taken on a quest from the one in Liyue." She slowly spoke the name of the nation of Geo, still uncertain as to how to get it to sound 'correct'. She straightened her back as the Millelith curiously unfolded the paper, the other one coming over to them as well. They whispered to each other, and they seemed as if they had no idea what to do with it.

"Okay... uh, well, it appears to be legitimate. I'll pass it up to my superior," he said, the last part coming off as unusually natural. The pair gave a cursory scan to what little was packed on the balloon. "You're free to go." Sigil nodded, and was about to float off again before realizing something.

"Ah, also... Could I ask you something, if you don't mind." She took her map of Liyue out of her pocket, showing it to the men. "Do you know the best way to get to... here?" Sigil pointed at one of the crosses, her finger moving between it and some lines she could tell were supposed to be letters.

"Cuijue Slope? It's near Wangshu Inn..." The other Millelith looked at the horizon briefly. "So, if you go down along the road, you'll eventually reach the inn; you can see it clearly from there. There's more of us along the way too, so you shouldn't get lost."

Sigil exhaled confidently. "Alright, thank you." Being assured of anything in a new land was comforting. She started up the Transport Balloon, but this time her eyes set on her belongings rather than the scenery. Even though she had yet to bear witness to any of it, she knew that behind the beautiful background of Liyue were beasts she could never hope to best in a fair fight. She nibbled on a berry in her left hand as she thumbed the Vision beneath her tunic with her right.

CIPALI

Cipali shook his head at Lyuda’s question on selling the Atotolin. “No. My brother hunts for a living, so I have contacts by association.” Those who required meat consistently usually bought from hunters they had set a long-term deal with beforehand, and those who didn’t could buy it at specialized stores at a higher price. If he didn’t have his brother, he could have tried for the less regulated market, but he wouldn’t receive a fair trade since even there, there were vendors considered more trustworthy than others.

The man glanced between Lyuda and Haoran, who had differing opinions on the future of the waterfowl’s remains. “Half and half?”

He smiled gratefully at Margaux's energetic rejection of his offer. The incident hadn’t seemed to affect her enthusiasm much, nor anyone else’s, which was a minor relief in the light of all that had happened. “Thank you for choosing to continue, but I insist on compensating you all somehow.”

The sculptor wondered if the photographer from Fontaine had taken a bit of his advice to mind when she pulled out a drawing tablet, but soon dismissed that notion. It was likely another fad — if a little more practical than the one that came prior. He had heard the devoted followers of fashion in that country cycled trends like they cycled clothes; gossip was that popular culture changed every other day.

“Feeding —” He made to raise the conspicuous animal in his arms after reading the text on the pad and noticing the spice shaker in her hand, but he didn’t manage to finish his sentence as a loud slap interrupted. He recoiled on the stranger’s behalf, staring dazedly at the red palm print blooming on the young man’s face and then at Kyoya. Kyoya, the one who he thought formality applied most, who introduced herself with a ready friendliness, and who was… muscled and dressed like a martial artist. Perhaps he needed to restructure his first impressions; clearly he had a perception problem.

With that impact, it was near impossible for the man to stay unconscious without being dreadfully ill, and indeed, with blood rushing to his face, the traveller scrambled out of Haoran’s hold and proceeded to plant himself neatly into the dirt. The Natlani pitied the other for the display of inopportune clumsiness and pretended he hadn’t seen him fall. “Cipali of the Xochizal. It’s good that you’re alright.”

When the ponytailed repairwoman prodded him for agreement, the half-employer had to think for a moment at “chelovek” before finally accepting that he wouldn’t be able to suss out the meaning without a translator. “No elemental displays.”

“We’ll take a break.” Cipali nodded at Haoran. It was a good call. Everyone certainly deserved some rest after the battle. He brought to life a tiny flame in the palm of his hand, only enough to light a candle, then snuffed it out. “I can make a fire.”

Margaux Blanchet

Ocean eyes widened once a resonating slap reached Margaux's ears. She froze on the spot as the Oni seemingly smacked the life back to the unconscious fellow, causing him to bolt upright and begin mumbling words for his dear life. Margaux would be frowning right now if she could, but unfortunately, she was limited by her small range of facial expressions. She didn't think that the stranger deserved such brute force, but she supposed at least it brought his spirit back. On the other hand, she couldn't blame Kyoya either. As far as she knew, the Inazuman has been spending all her life relying on her strength. She struck Margaux as the type of person whose first solution to a problem was to punch it in the face.

A squeeze on her shoulder then brought her attention to Haoran. The two shared what looked like a lingering and meaningful eye contact, before Margaux nodded her head and gestured at her adventurer backpack. Her portable cooking station was probably one of the best gadgets their little group ever has in their arsenal. Whether they were stuck in a deserted island or trapped at the pits of a collapsed ruin, this trusty invention ensured that none of them would cross the other side without a full stomach so long as they has the ingredients!

The scholar then vibrated in place, trying to convey that they should find a more suitable and safer spot to set camp on. Who knew if their recent endeavor attracted more unwanted type of attention?

Margaux then nodded her head once Lyuda regarded her, reminding her to avoid using elemental displays for the next parts of the commission. She felt a bit sheepish at this, the tips of her ears flaring a tinge of red as she did the same gesture to Cipali. It seemed like the Natlani was dead set on requiting them in some way or another, dissipating all counterarguments that had formed in her mind. While Maragux personally didn't require any extra payment, who was she to speak for the others who also risked their lives?

"Thank you."
She wrote on her board, showing it to Cipali with her best attempt of a smile.

It only took the group a little less than an hour to set camp and finish cooking the Atotolin. Margaux could still see the crimson lake from where they were, but she was fairly confident in their chosen location. It was a flat area underneath a sizable desert tree where they could cool off underneath its shade. It was very hot in Natlan, after all. The climate was drastically different from the ones she was accustomed to, so Margaux felt a little bit like a fish out of water.

Margaux pried her eyes off the afternoon sky and took a bite from the cooked fowl in her hands. It was tender and tasted slightly sweet thanks to the sweet flower cuttings she added into the pot. It was a bummer that their jar of honey appeared to be missing since a dash of it could have added another star to the dish. She made a mental note to not keep their condiments with her whenever she'd explore underwater.

Once she was done eating, Margaux once again pulled out her board and began writing something. "How is everyone feeling?" She asked, tapping the side of the invention to gather their attentions.

She distributed healing salves to the group before they all sat down, hoping the cool ointment would do some good to the aches and bruises they gained from the fight. "Let me know if anyone needs more salves." She added after a moment of writing, eyes lingering on the man who introduced himself to be Anom. Out of all of them, he appeared to be the frailest and the one who received the most damage. Getting slapped by Kyoya looked like a total nightmare, and receiving cold satirical words from Lyuda seemed even more so.

If Margaux had been in the poor man's shoes then Haoran would probably have to deliver her back to Hugo with critical emotional damage.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum AI10100 AI10100 Ambiloquous Ambiloquous TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

The rest was welcome, as was the meal. Since arriving back in town, Lyuda hadn't really gotten to sit down before being swept into Margaux's affairs again. While she didn't tend to make a habit of consuming byproducts of lifeforms with particularly...vigorous elemental energy, the fact that Cipali approved meant it was...probably none too dangerous. And so she too, partook of the beast, the tension and fatigue washing out of her body as she got some proper nourishment after spending days in the field hunting that Hypostasis. "Quality as always, Hao." She paused for a moment, considering her next sentence. "Was wondering when I'd get to taste it again."

With her stomach satisfied, Lyuda accepted the healing salve that Margaux passed on. While she didn't think she really needed it...having a chance to accept Margaux's goodwill was a good enough reason. Those hounds had barely laid a claw on her or any of them, which was a small miracle in such a perilous situation. Nevertheless...

She opened the salve, applying some of it to the few red patches and blisters that formed along her ankles when one of them seared her legs. Almost instantly, the stinging sensation reduced considerably, and the swelling would go down faster. She tilted her head, giving Margaux a little nod of acknowledgement. "This? No big deal. I'll have more trouble fixing these pants."

. D O V E . D O V E AI10100 AI10100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back