• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A World Reborn (Genshin AU) -- IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club
EF7B76CD14708013CD89C31DB52D1913B761A14D

Power, Greed, Envy, Pride. These are all reasons humans wage war. The Archons are no different, even if they are gods; even gods have personal views and ambitions and when one God or multiple becomes too ambitious, the results can be catastrophic and yet there is not a single human who is capable of stopping them, if another god is to attempt to stop them, the results could cause more damage than good.
Around 2000 years ago, The Great Archon War was waged between all the gods for unknown reasons, it ended with the death of many of the gods only to leave seven left that which all mortals know to this day as "The Seven". After the war, humans had slowly rebuilt society from the ground up with what remained and with the assistance of the seven gods that still remained. Everything was fine for a long period of time however, what was unknown to The Seven was that due to their actions of killing the other gods during the war, they had awoken a mysterious presence that was unknown to all of the gods; one that resided both within the moon as well as the sun. These two entities had been asleep through multiple generations of gods, although when they had awakened after the death of so many deities only to find that many were killed and only seven remained, their anger rose and they had brought down judgement upon Teyvat and The Seven.

Killing off The Seven Archons as well as causing mass destruction upon the land, they deemed that if civilization could continue after what they had done then and only then would they repair what had been to the land. The Archons had already planned for their deaths prior to this occurrence, after their deaths, their power had been transferred over to a new unknown host, without the host having any knowledge of how to use the power of their new fond god ability but being born as a vision wielder.

To this day, all of the major cities continue to stand even if the wilderness is now twice as dangerous as ever before and the landscape itself being much more difficult to traverse.

Rules
> No God Modding

> Please attempt when posting to at least post a minimum of a paragraph. Writers block is understandable but do remember, the shorter the post the chances someone will be able to respond to you will be more difficult.

> Life can get busy, I get it. Although I ask that people try and post once or twice a week. If you will not be able to post for an extended amount of time, please be sure to inform me so that we can work things out.

> Because this is an AU, it actual canon characters should not be played as actual characters. Exceptions will be made if needed, but do ask for permission to use them before hand.

> Inheritors are to make their own lore for their archon's respected nation. If you do not wish to make the lore, please tell me so that I can either work on it for you or we will keep it the same.

> I try to be as understanding as possible. Do not hesitate to message me in OOC or directly PM me if you have any concerns or questions. No question is a bad/stupid question.

> Some of the roleplay will be world building, so feel free to do whatever you wish with the world here and there as long as it is not overly ground breaking the plot.

> Be sure to have fun!​

Zhangzheng Haoran
Interacting with: . D O V E . D O V E Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Natlan is beautiful in the way that fire was— something that's so dangerous to have, so destructive in its way, but produces such beautiful pieces. Though saying that would likely catch a few angry remarks and Haoran was well aware of that. Still, as they traversed through the nation, he couldn't help but admire everything there. In a few years, it's said that the land will change again as the volcanoes that litter the nation would bring about new topography.

Haoran was buzzing with a different form of excitement. He had been to Natlan a few times before and he had the honor of fighting in one of the Boksa Batalo competitions. It had ended with quite a defeat in the semi-finals but it was still a very fond memory of his. He remembered the Natlani native that had housed him and Eris during that time and she told him that he should stay for the Finfina Boksa Balato but he had to, unfortunately, reject the idea due to Eris's business. It had come and passed by the time he had met Margaux and Kyoya so he had to wait until the next time the festival comes along.

In this leg of the travel, Haoran had suggested that they head to the same town he and Eris stayed in before and, to his surprise, some of the friends he made there did remember him. He had managed to get them rooms to stay in for their stay there. While the town leader approved of him performing, as long as he didn't get in the way of other people, the assigned time wasn't until much later. They were free to roam around until then.

And, well, Haoran had gotten himself in a small competition from one of his old friends.

"Hands up Haoran! Or has three years made you complacent!"

"I told you, I'm not a boxer!"

He could feel the wind from the punch he narrowly dodged and took his opportunity to push forward and slam his fist straight into Xipil's abdomen. Xipil seemed to take the hit without any issue as he backed away but Haoran quickly followed after him and swung a punch to Xipil's right side. The Natlani blocked it with ease before they were at a standstill again. In terms of skill, Xipil definitely had the upper hand between the two of them but in terms of recklessness...

Haoran pressed forward once again, trying to dodge another strike but it grazed him. Haoran continued to press forward and sent a right hook towards Xipil who had to take the full force. Xipil staggered to the side, the blow to his ear, catching him off balance and Haoran pressed further with a few more punches. Xipil was under the defensive for a few punches before he broke off and ran straight at Haoran— a powerful strike straight into Haoran's defense. It was enough to break it and he followed with two quick strikes.

Haoran took a few steps backwards and was about to retaliate when Xipil finished the fight with a powerful straight jab.

Haoran's taken a few hits more powerful than that. Fact. Haoran was often at the forefront of fights during his time with Eris. But when he fell to the ground, holding his bleeding nose, he really did think that Xipil was on a different level than those mitachurls. He laid there for a moment, right hand over his nose and let out a light laugh.

"You hit just as hard as ever, Xipil." He said as the man walked over and helped him up. He stumbled for a bit but was, otherwise, fine.

"You need to work on your guards and stances better, Haoran. Then, and only then, will you stand a chance against me!" The reigning champion of Boksa Batalo laughed and patted his back before heading to the side to reclaim his stuff, including his pyro vision. Even without that outlet, he was already a force to be reckoned with. Then again, that fact went with most of the Natlani. "Put on a little more weight, kid!"

Haoran just laughed and shrugged at that. Boxing was fun but it definitely wasn't going to be his main way of fighting. He turned and headed back to Margaux and Kyoya before reclaiming his own vision and his weapons. For someone who just had his world completely rocked by his opponent, he looked particularly happy as the blood kept flowing down his nose. "I feel like I could lie down all day from that!" Even before the devastating blow to his face, he had to take multiple punches to his body and Xipil did not hesitate to put his entire body weight into his punches. "You guys should see the actual Boksa Balato. Xipil's the champion but there are so many out there who throws punches just as hard." He brought his hand back to his nose in an attempt to stop the bleeding but he continued talking. "I did pretty great, didn't I? Well, kind of. Would have liked to win though but what can you do?"

The festive atmosphere blended with the muggy heat of the Natlani climate as a tall, lean woman made her way through the crowd, dressed in the desert fatigues of a certain nation's military that had long fallen into disarray. Every patch and insignia on the uniform had long been cut off and patched over scrappily but sturdily by the owner's hands. On her back she carried a case almost as long as she was tall, one half of it given to carrying her survival supplies, and the other half neatly storing her special problem solver. Also strapped to her shoulders were a pack with as many different clothes balled up in them as possible, and a large, telescoping hammer, currently collapsed and therefore even more dense. She certainly wasn't the type to travel light.

She took a turn down the street, ducking into a small store strewn with colorful trinkets. Bead necklaces, lamps, rugs, the works. The Natlani definitely knew their way around clay and glass. She couldn't help but pick up a small glazed vase, her eyes running over the bold, broad patterns as she gave the girl at the counter a nod. "Young lady, do inform Mat'Quetzal that I'm here. I have some business to conclude with her."

"Y-yes, at once!" Taking the hint, the girl turned and stepped through a bead curtain into the back of the building, seeking out her employer.

"Dendro Slimes? Mitachurls? Blyat, those are barely worth the water I'd lose walking out to look for them. Babushka, if you're going to offer me a job, I hope you've got something I can actually chew on."

"My my, a brash one, are we? Well, I think you're a perfect fit for this, then. There's something the people of this town could use to make them a bit more comfortable..."

After the attack on Snezhnaya and catastrophes of equal scale in other nations, the grip of the Adventurer's guild had weakened noticeably. Even if few knew the truth of its origin, the vacuum of influence was clear and many more...independent contractors rose up to fill the void, enterprising men and women like Madam Quetzal here.

"Back already, Kuznetsov?" The hunched old woman, linen shawl around her shoulders and wireframe glasses perched on her nose, still managed to look very reliable...or menacing if one dared to make trouble in her town. "I was worried you'd have fainted from dehydration..." Her expression remained dry and condescending.

"Sorry to disappoint." Lyuda shook her head, exchanging a smile with Quetzal. Shrugging off her clothing bag, she dug through the heap of cloth to pull out the gleaming blue orb that was nestled among them. The core of a Cryo Hypostasis...the cold felt comforting in her hand. She wanted to hold it tight...but contented herself with rubbing her palms against it for a moment before rolling it over to Quetzal. "Enjoy." Perhaps she had taken on this request in particular so she could feel something resembling the cold winds of home again. Or maybe unlike a hilichurl or a Geovishap, she didn't have to look it in the eye as she smashed it to pieces.

"Huh..." Quetzal squinted for a few moments, turning it over in her hands as though a primal source of elemental energy like that was able to be faked. "Well, you seem to have gotten this right, at least. Don't worry, I've got what you asked for right here. Xochi, get our guest her order!"

"Coming, grandma!" The girl ran out, dropping a sack not much bigger than Lyuda's palm onto the counter, mouthing a "thank you" as Quetzal turned and shuffled back into the building with her prize. Properly harnessed, maybe it would serve to keep the people of this town safe from the worst of the heat if they needed to flee an eruption. Or maybe Quetzal was simply planning to make it into an air conditioner...

Regardless of the crone's plans, Lyuda turned and walked contentedly back onto the street, checking the sack. Just as she'd asked. Lyuda had foregone half of the Mora offered in return for several Agnidus Agates, the perfect fuel if she needed to...resupply in the future. And she almost certainly would. Still, it'd be enough for a good, properly cooked meal and several packs of dried meat and tack, some bolts and screws, maybe a new towel...

The sound of men trading blows on one of the stages caught her attention, especially considering one of them was a familiar (if currently bloodied) face. Looks like Hao wouldn't be singing or dancing for a while...but knowing him, he'd try anyway.

Lyuda wasn't planning on moving on just yet. Taking a seat nearby, she looked around, scanning the crowd for Hao's companions but not quite making herself known.

Last edited:
The air under the thin covers was scarcely any warmer than the air outside of them. Sigil rubbed her hands on her arms for some seconds before pushing herself out of bed, wincing slightly as her feet made contact with the freezing wood floor. She crossed her arms, shouldering the door to their kitchen, which creaked when it opened.

Under the stove, she fiddled with some rocks, trying to make a spark for a good five minutes. Having a Pyro Vision in these times would be extremely useful, she thought. Eventually, the stones clashed the right away, and the sticks of wood began to flicker. As the flame brewed, she crouched and stuck her fingers behind her kneecaps to warm them. It hadn't occurred to her that she could have used the flame in front of her to warm them instead.

She cooked the usual for breakfast, the so-called "Adventurer's Breakfast Sandwich". In the Teyvat Travel Guide, the picture had an egg which was fluffy and leaked golden yolk, and golden brown bread. Sigil's version had a sad flat fried egg, bread which always had a stale taste even beneath the toasting, and no mayonnaise sauce to hide the imperfections. But for her, it was enough, and fairly easy to make, using common ingredients which weren't all too expensive. She'd made four, two for herself and two for her mother. Satisfied with her work, she took the food off the stove, disappearing into her mother's room, which looked nearly identical to her own.

Sigil peered around the door's corner. "Mom," she called softly. "There's food." Her mother turned to the ceiling, her dark brown hair frizzled and greying in some parts. She slowly got up, groaning as she stretched sideways. Sigil headed back into the kitchen, running her fingers through her hair to straighten it as she waited. Her mother appeared a minute later.

"Good morning," her mother said. They sat on the ground around a small, round, wooden table, and ate silently. Sigil watched her mother take a large bite of the bread. Her mother looked up at her, and Sigil quickly turned away, though not fast enough to not be noticed. "I think you forgot to put salt."

Sigil took a bite of her own. "Oh." She scratched the back of her head. She stood up and went through some of the kitchen cabinets. "We're out."

"Ah. That's alright. It still tastes good." To Sigil, it sounded so fake, the way it was worded, but her mother continued to take big bites of the sandwiches.

They ate in silence for the rest of the meal. Sigil took furtive glances at her mother - noting her leaned posture, her shaking shoulders, and her creased skin. Unconsciously, she ate more quickly than her, finishing twice as fast as her mother did. She wasted no time changing into her hunting gear back in her room. With each garment she put on, she briskly sucked in air through her teeth to cope with the cold. Her hunting outfit was a tunic, coloured a mix of brown and muted white, along with loose beige pants which she tucked into some knee-high boots. In a drawer, she grabbed a silver necklace, dangling it from her fingers, staring at the enigmatic orb's internal design which flickered erratically as it swung. She clipped it around her neck, tucking the orb beneath her tunic. As she stepped back into the kitchen, she was ponytailing her hair.

"You're leaving so early," her mother commented. Sigil slowed and turned halfway, looking at something on the wall, feeling her mother's gaze.

"I guess," Sigil replied.

"...I think you're working too hard for your age." They both waited. "I should really start looking for work again." Sigil turned fully.

"You're not better yet, though," she said quickly.

"I'm not sick, am I?"

Sigil chose her next words carefully. "You're older than I am." The conversation seemed to have stopped, and Sigil felt she may have been a bit harsh. But her mother turned her own reply against her.

"Yes, that means I've lived longer than you." Her tone was not biting, but felt like a gentle reminder. She smiled at Sigil, the smile seeming almost too genuine. Sigil resisted the urge to retort. "So promise me you'll think about yourself once in a while, okay?" Her mother stood up and wrapped her arms around her. After a few moments, Sigil reciprocated.

"Sure." She pulled away. Felt her back for her bow and quiver. Then headed for the door to the outside.

"See you soon," her mother chimed. Sigil raised a hand without turning, and shut the door behind her with her other. She forcibly shut her eyes as a gust of wind chilled her. Rubbing her arms some more, she stared at the light grey sky, pulling back her shoulders. Her mother's words stuck in the back of her mind as she headed towards Mondstadt's Adventurer's Guild.

42ff67604ccd023620303d891e8e7e61.jpg
c7a4b34e320be0a0a594a286f2b1fbec.png

Interactions
N/A
Mentions
N/A

With the cool morning breeze coming from the northeast and the sun slowly rising up into the sky, enjoying a warm cup of Jasmine tea was a delightful experience at the Wangshu Inn. Sitting at the inn's base, a lone white haired male sat staring off into the distance without so much as a word while he wore a ragged cloak with its hood over his head the entire time. Soon enough, a young woman holding a notepad approached him with a warm smile only to wave her hand in attempts to get his attention without being rude. "Um..Hello? Sir? Would you like anything else?" Hearing the woman speak up, the male turned over only to greet her with a smile before shaking his head in response. Handing her the empty cup and kettle before handing her several pieces of mora that was more than enough to cover the fee for the drink. Moments later, the hood had suddenly been lifted by a small moving bump under it till the male's head was fully revealed and a small white kitten was seen seen whacking the male over the head with one of it's tiny paws. "Oi oi oi! Stop daydreaming Jin! We need to get going! I want to taste some Liyue cuisines!" The kitten called out in it's soft voice only causing Jin to chuckle under his breath before nodding silently. "Ya know...I can always cook you something." Jin responded only to have the kitten once more whack him over the head yet again. "But your food sucks!" The kitten continued whacking him on the head until he finally decided to stand.

Just as he stood hover, the sound of mechanical whirling echoed out from the distance causing him to pause and stare off in the direction it came from. There was no telling how close the sounds were but there was no doubt it was definitely nearby and far too close to the inn to simply be left alone. Staring off in the distance along with his kitten shifting its head all around in the questionable fact of where it was coming from. Meanwhile, those around the inn seemed to had been rather oblivious to the danger as the merchants and staff of the restaurant were all too busy speaking with one another to hear or pay attention to the danger approaching the inn. Ever since Liyue had lost its archon and the once open grassy plains and hills had become more mountainous terrain with jagged earth that was raised or sunken here and there, Wangshu Inn had gotten less guests than it once did. Though even with the increase of hilichurls, bandits, the abyss order as well as many other monsters around followed by the destructive force of when the archon had died, the inn seemed to had continued to stand strong and only a few minor damages were done to it.

Knowing the possible danger that was coming, Jin immediately headed for the stairs to leave the inn before whatever that sound was got too close, making sure to grab his large scythe and strap it to his back along with swinging an leather bag over his shoulder. "Aren't we going to help these people?" The feline whispered as it remained seated on his head only to have Jin respond with continued silence. While he wouldn't mind helping the people here, getting people talking about him around might end up getting him some unwanted attention. Just as he had stepped onto the dirt road however, the sounds of the mechanical whirling had become much louder and appeared to had been behind a massive boulder that was in front of the inn. This time, with how much closer the threat was, the merchants and staff all paused their conversations just to turn their gaze towards the sound and seeing as to how Jin was standing in front of the noise had them cautious that he was making the noise.

Standing there, Jin stared at the boulder before carefully lifting his cat off his head and helping it into his bag that he soon placed down onto the floor by the wooden steps. "Stay here...and don't come out of the bag until it's over...okay?" As he instructed his little companion, the cat simply nodded and waited in the bag for Jin.

Moments went by and soon the boulder began to form cracks all around it until finally a large drill came barreling towards Jin and towards the inn that was right behind him. The drill was attached to a Ruin Hunter, as it charged forward, Jin quickly removed his large weapon from his back just to hook the curved blade of the scythe along the drill and pulling it towards his right causing the Hunter to forcibly change it's course and go hurtling into a pond. Of course, the Hunter came hovering out of the pond completely unharmed and rather angered as it seemed. Within a moment, it began swinging it's drill are like a blade to attack Jin who was quickly able to begin hopping to the side and keep its attention due to redirecting it's original attack. As the Hunter followed after him, Jin kept backing away till he was able to get some distance between the two of them and the inn.
"Tsk, you really need to make my life difficult don't you? I just wanted to get to Liyue without having to bother getting myself dirty."

Margaux Blanchet

A land forged by fire. It matters not where I set my gaze, dear father, for red ceaselessly encompasses my vision. The land of Natlan is unlike our dear home, Fontaine, where crystalline rivers run and sapphiric basins turnover. For it's not water that runs in this nation's veins, but flames. I've felt the fiery caress of its lakes, seen the infernal catastrophe within its peaks, and... beheld the warm smiles of its people. All these wonders had struck both my mind and heart. Natlan is plagued by frightening calamities, countless lives and properties dissolved by fire or swallowed by the earth on a regular basis. Such tragedies would drive the citizens of Fontaine into a harsh contest, yet the Natlani appear to be strong and undivided. I have seen citizens give what they own to a neighbor in need, even when they themselves have little to nothing to give. Such kindness made me think: how come the people of Fontaine, bountiful and untouched by natural catastrophes, cannot show the same generosity? Must constant danger teach our countrymen the importance of benevolence? Could this be the reason why our Archon had abandoned us? Or, perhaps, the calamity of Fontaine lies deep in the hearts of its children all along?

A lady with ashen hair stared at the parchment in her hands, her ocean eyes darting back and forth as she explored its contents over and over again. The ink was barely dry, yet she had already decided its fate. With an exasperated sigh, the lady crumpled the paper and slipped it back into her pocket. The letter was unworthy of being read by a man as positive as her father. It was too negative, too tainted by her bias against the reigning caste of Fontaine caused by poor experiences. Besides, its controversial nature might pose a threat to Hugo's well-being if her writings were read by prying eyes. Exposing the man to danger was the last thing she could ever want to do on this world.

Perhaps she should simply write about other things, such as her Kamera getting steamed to dysfunctionality when she visited a lava lake? Another sigh followed the thought. The past few days haven't been kind to her. First, was the absence of any significant findings in a ruin they had recently visited, rendering sleepless weeks of effort wasted. Next, was the breakdown of her trusty Kamera, tragically causing Haoran's next performances to go undocumented unless she somehow found a solution. Not to mention, she also liked capturing Kyo's sunny smiles- sometimes unsolicited. (She didn't mean to be creepy, it was just that she found natural smiles the prettiest).

Eventually, the lady reminded herself to take one problem at a time. She flung her gaze forward, creating direct eye contact with the vendor of a humble stall selling beverages. The old man flinched slightly, prying his eyes off the girl and subsequently faking an interest to the sky. Still, this didn't stop the girl from taking oddly dainty steps toward him, all while keeping her wide eyes on him- like a beast stalking its prey.

"W-What can I do for you?" The old man asked once she finally arrived, sweat rolling down his temple. For the past hour, the bizarre girl has been eyeing him and a piece of paper interchangeably. Combining that with the disturbing lack of emotion on her face, the old man decided that she could be a bounty hunter coming to claim her target. Now, the old man had done a few questionable deeds in his life, but it shouldn't be enough to warrant this type of attention.

"..."

The old man's eyes widened when he noticed the girl's markings glow a bright blue. "HELP!" He squeaked out, causing a nearby flock of birds to disperse into the open sky with loud squawks.

Margaux Blanchet is a woman with a severe lack of communication skills. As such, when Haoran asked her to buy him and Kyo iced teas, not only did she almost get arrested but also found herself venturing back into the boxing establishment with Pomegranite juices. In the end, she couldn't even tell the vendor that she wasn't a creep or that she didn't want to buy his special Pomegranite juices. She internally wondered if Haoran and Kyo would even drink it. If not, well, she'd just have to go back. Then again, maybe it'd be best if she head to a different store. Then again-again, she would miss Haoran's performance if she went out once more. The least she could do was watch him live, now that she could no longer record the beauty of his art.

It greatly saddened her, but fixing steamed Kameras weren't exactly her forte. The ones who could probably patch it up live all the way back in Fontaine, and the only exception she could think of was a fellow traveler. A Schneznayan craftswoman who could be literally anywhere in Teyvat right now. It would take some sort of Miracle for the two of them to bump to each other before Haoran's upcoming performance.

'Dantelion, help me.'
Margaux briefly shut her eyes out of exasperation, a foolish decision as it led to her tripping on air. A squeak left her lips as she darted forward, the contents of the cups in her hands splashing all over. She watched in panic as the crimson liquid pooled on the ground, licking the boots of a certain someone. She then hastily used her white cape to wipe the spillage, grimacing before she looked up and regarded her unfortunate victim.

"!!!"
'DANTELION'S BREATH! IT'S LYUDA! WHAT ARE THE ODDS? I'M LOSING MY FLIPPING CHEESE!'

Contrary to the excitement within her mind, there was a blank expression on her features as she stared at the Schneznayan traveler, almost audibly vibrating as she scrambled for apologies.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum AI10100 AI10100

The festival surrounding the tournament proceeded apace, laughter and raucous cheering continuing as the inhabitants of the town continued to enjoy themselves. Perhaps this sort of indulgence and joviality was what allowed Natlani society to come across as comparatively more...egalitarian. If people were encouraged to spend what they had in order to celebrate with others...there wasn't much room to accumulate wealth at the expense of the people around them. Quite unlike Snezhnaya, in which the industries like mining, manufacturing, and farming were dominated by a few firms each, and there was no shortage of peasant labor to feed the machine. Even those who got to go to universities ended up working for one of those firms, or...the Tsaritsa.

The sight and sound of the clashes in the ring combined with Lyuda's recollections also put her in mind of her own experiences, practicing sambo in the barracks with her squadmates. Lyuda's own strength and speed were remarkable by any standards, though she lacked the kind of technique that would make a sportsman out of her even if she wanted to become one. Nevertheless, all of those experiences were blown away one by one, by the winds of each land she passed through, and all were consigned to the void of memory.

In the here and now, the heat refused to abate, and Lyuda found herself wishing she'd (un)dressed for the occasion. She wished for a cool breeze...

A wish that was granted in the form of a pale girl sprawling towards her, the juice in her hands (very slightly) colder than the surrounding air as it fell, serving only to cool off Lyuda's feet. In the space of less than a second, she leapt to her feet, grabbing the girl perhaps a bit too firmly by her shoulders.

"You, watch it...!"

And their eyes met, and recognition dawned. But Margaux was the first to react, an emotional outburst that made it clear she was a bit closer than Lyuda would like. "Ah, ahem." Holding her at arm's length, Lyuda allowed herself to reach down, dusting off Margaux's waist. "Our paths cross again, kosechka." She allowed herself to crack a little smile. "Hao's got you in a hurry?"

. D O V E . D O V E

EuWtrEvUYAQrRmW

Amamiya Kyoya

"Oh dear," Kyoya whispered to herself as Haoran took a devastating hit from the boxing champion of Natlan. While blood is an all-familiar sight to her, she couldn't help but grimace at the amount of blood the flowed through her companion's nose. The young ronin was quick to bring out a spare piece of cloth she always brought with her when in need. Well, she didn't have much use of it until she met Hao.

The man was willing to get beaten up that she starts to wonder if the Sword Dancer was a masochist. "I think you did fairly well against a Champion. And yes, you certainly need to lie down after all that fighting." She took a step closer to the young man and wiped the blood off his face, "I'm sure you know it already but breathe through your mouth while your nose is still bleeding." She said exasperatedly but with a smile. She's just glad that Haoran didn't sustain any major injuries from the fight.

Now, for the other problem at hand. Where was Margaux? The young scholar was gone far too long and though she could handle herself, so long as communication is not involved. Her eyes roamed among the crowd and noticed a woman staring at them.

"C'mon, we should find Margaux." Kyoya said to Hao, the same smile on her face as she squeezed herself in between the people wandering near the stage. Although she keeps on a relaxed face, there was a worry in the back of her mind that the person staring at them earlier could be someone dangerous.

Kyoya was glad for her height. It made looking for someone easier, at least among the amount of people sitting in the establishment. "Have you seen her, Hao- ah there she is!" Spotting their friend a few feet away carrying and oddly colored drink not too far from the woman who was watching them earlier.

The Inazuman was quick on her feet when she saw Margaux fell, shaking in place the moment she laid eyes on the unknown woman. Protect. That was all Kyoya could think as she reached out, invading the space between her friend and the Snezhnayan. She placed her body in between and towering over the both of them. Her eyes was like a storm, ready to strike lightning to the concrete but there was still a smile on her lips. Her voice sweet in tone as she says, "Is there anything you need from my friend? I also noticed you earlier staring at Haoran. What do you want from them?"

mention: || interaction: AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Nellancholy Nellancholy

Today wasn't a bad day, all things considered. Lyuda had gotten paid, she'd reunited with an acquaintance of hers...and now she was face to face with what appeared to be a particularly anxious companion to Margaux and Haoran. Movements that were firm and certain, a sturdy posture aided by an imposing body, and at least one fierce weapon that she wore openly. Lyuda had gotten familiar with this type back in the Fatui, and even more so on the road. The kind that talked a big game but would fold under one good hit. But the lightning in her eyes and the rolling thunder in her voice seemed to suggest otherwise. As much as she got a kick out of putting tough talkers in their place, Lyuda was in no mood for a scuffle and both Margaux and Hao would definitely not appreciate it either.

"They never talked about me? Fine. It's better my reputation doesn't precede me, anyway."

Calmly, Lyuda crouched down in front of Kyoya, picking up a rock from the ground. Her palms gleamed with the distinct orange of Geo as the solid rock crumbled into fine sand, allowing her to scrub her boots clean of the drinks Margaux had so painstakingly acquired. Dusting off her hands with her boots and the hem of her pant legs dry (if dusty), she stood up straight to meet Kyoya's gaze again, holding out her hand for a shake.

"Call me Lyudmila. I'm just a...repairman. Crossed paths with Margaux and Haoran before, but we're not that close." She raised an eyebrow. "Not as close as you seem to be with them, anyway..."

Tilting her head to the side a bit, she glanced at Margaux over Kyoya's shoulder. "How about those drinks? I don't mind paying for them, hm?"

. D O V E . D O V E Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Zhangzheng Haoran
Interacting with: . D O V E . D O V E Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Nellancholy Nellancholy

Haoran puffed out his chest in pride at Kyoya's praise considering the circumstances. He shrugged at the idea of lying down. "But I still have a performance to do!" He pointed out, seemingly keen on continuing with the event despite his current condition. He dropped hand to allow Kyoya to clean him up. She really did remind him of his sister and how she would fuss over him whenever he got injured— which was a worrying amount of times. One time, he had accidentally caught the sword he threw with his face instead of his hands as per the performance and she ended up having to calm him down from his daze and fix up his face while reprimanding him of being careful. Good times. "Mhm, I know, jiejie." He gently took the handkerchief she had used and pressed it against his nose. He had to tamper down the instinct to blow his nose to clear the airways. He knew from experience that it likely wasn't a good idea.

As his companion called out the fact that they should look for Margaux, he bobbed his head in agreement. He had sent Margaux out on a mission to get drinks! Of course, Haoran knew that Margaux had trouble with communication but pushing against her comfort zone wasn't bad every now and then. Besides, he had given her a small note with their order so that she could simply give that when she couldn't speak.

His heart sank when he felt something crinkle against his hand when he slid it into his pockets. He lifted it up and he swore he went through a heart attack. It was the order slip he had written down specifically for Margaux as an emergency. He was sure that he had given it to her— ah, was Xipil's taunting binding him back then? No, no, no, what if she got in trouble? Hugo would kill him! His own family would disown him then demolish him! They had to find her!

Praise the... fallen archons, Kyoya had spotted her. Haoran briskly walked behind her, worry deeply settling in for his non-communicative friend. That was when Kyoya's demeanor seemingly changed, ever so slightly. He peeked past her shoulder to look at what was happening.

"Is there anything you need from my friend? I also noticed you earlier staring at Haoran. What do you want from them?"

"Lyuda!"

In complete contrast to Kyoya's more guarded expression, Haoran's own face lit up. Before he could say something else, the Snezhnayan continued. Instead, Haoran moved towards Margaux, planting himself beside her like it's the most natural position in the world for him. He held her hand, rubbing the back of it slightly— a gesture that meant I'm sorry. Lyuda introduced herself to Kyoya and Haoran reached out to place a hand on Kyoya's back, asking her to calm down. Lyuda wasn't dangerous.

"Lyuda's a great friend of ours! Marmar was frozen from excitement! I think it's probably also because her Kamera got busted a while back because of the um... hot springs? And Lyuda here knows how to fix them." He paused as he turned to Lyuda. "She's very happy to see you again! Oh and she's very sorry for spilling drinks on you! We're happy to see you're doing well, friend."

Margaux was getting easier and easier to read as time passed by. The small shifts in her facial features, the frequency of her vibrations, and plenty of context clues make it sound like she's speaking herself! Haoran was sure that she was getting better at expressing herself. He was very proud of that.

It was also then that Haoran belatedly realized that Margaux was not holding any drinks. Said drinks were all over the floor. They also did not look like iced tea. It's okay. At least she actually got drinks which was good! "Oh, we couldn't possibly ask you to pay. It's okay, we have enough mora to pay for it." Haoran reassured Lyuda. Before he moved, however, he pressed his fingers against Margaux's hand, his voice dropping to a near whisper. "We should wash your cape later. I don't think a blotch of red and white is a good combination." Haoran looked up at the two older women, waiting for their lead to wherever they would hang out next.

CIPALI

Dazzling the eyeballs and burning the retinas, the sun high above Natlan in the midday sky only increased Cipali’s desire to be in his chilled, cyro-enchanted studio. He’d been spoiled by the expensive gift from his brother from his last birthday — featherbrained halfwit as Ayo could be, he did come up with sensible ideas every so often. It was a pity that it was only “every so often”, and his usual attitude to life was quite the opposite to “sensible”. He still found it perplexing, years after the marriage, that his wife accepted his proposal with all the unpredictable baggage that came with it.

The glare of pre-cut corundum — it was a faceted ruby with the symbol of a popular Finfina competitor sanded into the back — brought his thoughts back to his current conundrum. While he may have been used to the heat months ago, it was not so now, and it would likely not be so later either. Unfortunately, there was work to do and discussions to be had with the ones ruling this little town.

Wrinkling his brows in consternation, he thought back to the inconclusive conversation he’d had with the town’s cultural councillor.

Taking angry strides across the cramped meeting room — the official hall was being used for more critical matters, and this room was the only one free in the building — Konsilisto waved her hands in agitation as she described the hired photographer’s reason for quitting the job. “He said, and I quote, ‘The life I spent recording the blissful moments of others, while I felt none of the joy they expressed, was… burdensome. There I was, lovelorn and love lost, standing in a crowd where nobody knew me or wanted to know me. You don’t understand what my state of mind was at the time.’”

The tired councillor covered her face with her hands. “Of course I don’t understand! What does that even mean?

Taking a moment to rub her wrinkled face a few times with a long sigh, she also added, “The other photographers have all gone to Gralosa early to get some pre-Finfina shots of the city, so there’s no one else I can call on. The place is known for its Geometric-style gardens made of volcanic ash, after all — people always want a piece of that.”

Cipali finally spoke up, “There must be townspeople with Kameras.”

“That’s the thing! The ones with Kameras have gone to Gralosa too!” She threw her hands up in the air. “At least, the ones we know of.”

He gave her an arched brow, puzzled at her agitation at reaching a dead end. “Give up then.”

She refused to acknowledge the reality of things. “This is my chance to show Ĉiela the importance of our department! I can’t end the project here. This is one of the few instances a Boksa champion has come from our town; there won’t be any other opportunity like this.”

Your department. I’m here because you requested me,” Cipali pointed out stingily. It wouldn’t do to let that belief stand; honesty was the best choice in every case, no matter the situation.

“I know, I know.” She scrunched up her face and placed her hands together beseechingly. “But be a dear and keep an eye out, will you?”

He paused and conceded, “Don’t expect too much.”

Cipali frowned at the recollection — it wasn’t as if he didn’t understand her need to be held in high esteem, but what would he, a simple sculptor, be able to aid her in? At he was contemplating his dilemma, fortune decided to smile upon him.

“... frozen from excitement! I think it's probably also because her Kamera got busted a while back because of the um... hot springs? And Lyuda here knows how to fix them.”

He stopped in his tracks. Turning his head around, he saw a man dressed in Liyue garb animatedly speaking to three women, each in different cultural attire and sporting different attitudes in their standoff. They were a strangely varied group of travellers, people that would all stand out on their own even if they weren’t clumped together like multicoloured marbles in a sea of grey-brown pebbles. It was clearly apparent that they weren’t from Natlan, especially the one with a suspiciously militant outfit. It wasn’t as if the others could be mistaken as a Natlani, but they could excuse themselves with the reason that they simply preferred foreign fashion or there was an event happening nearby. There was already an existing example with a newly formed Fontaine-touting artists organization.

Cipali waited for the speaker to stop his long-winded chattering before he walked over to block their way. Without beating around the bush — the idiom made little sense in Natlan where there were a scant amount of bushes, but it was what it was — he presented his pitch. “Excuse me. I overheard that one of you has a broken Kamera, and it’s fixable. I have an employment opportunity for the owner.”

Last edited:
Haoran was, as always, gracious. All things considered, it was probably true that his group could afford that (decidedly small) expense better than she could. Though...probably not in Margaux's hand next time. As he politely declined Lyuda's offer and approached the group, she greeted him with a firm shoulder nudge. "Still standing strong and breathing. That's as much as I can ask for. And you..." She shook her head slightly, taking a closer look at Hao's bruised face. "Still the type to look forward to a good dance or a good fight, hm." With that, she stepped aside, giving Hao room to help Margaux clean herself as much as she could in the present circumstances.

Even so, Lyuda positioned herself on the other side of Margaux, keeping Kyoya from approaching just to see her reaction.

But before anything else could be said or done, a decidedly distinguished local approached them, laying out an offer to both repair Margaux's Kamera and give her an assignment. One that would seem to be well-compensated, if his manner of dress was any indication.

To that, Lyuda could only shrug, giving Margaux a pat on the shoulder and a brief smile. "I could have gotten the job done with the materials on hand, but why don't you hear this chelovek out, Margaux? Probably has something better to offer your Kamera than recycled scrap metal and freshly-ground glass."

AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Interactions
N/A
Mentions
N/A
Wangshu Inn, Liyue --> Liyue Harbor: Wanmin Restaurant

With the Ruin Hunter drenched in water and it appearing to be enraged as Jin continued to back away from the Inn further and further. It was only a matter of time that the mechanical creature had started to slowly lift itself into the air with it's four arms detaching itself to begin hovering around it's body. Soon enough, each of the four detached arms began to fire explosives into the air like mortars. These explosives rained down upon Jin, forcing him to form his ice skates to dash out of the way of the explosions. This went on for quite some time before the Hunter had decided to finally lower itself back down and once more begin swinging it's arm around like a blade.
Knowing how long this could possibly go on for and not exactly being in the mood to deal with an opponent of this caliber at the moment, especially this early in the morning, Jin quickly activated his gauntlets and boots. Just as he had done so, the gears in the metallic gloves and boots started to whirl to life as lights began glowing from each of the small corners before they began to extend up his legs as well as his arms till they reached the elbow and knees.

With the weapon fully activated, he quickly released his grip upon the large scythe only to end up extending his right arm to grasp upon the swinging blade-like arm of the Hunter and halt it's advances in an instant. As the machine was not designed to be stopped mid attack, the sudden unexpected interruption had the machine raise it's single glowing eye to scan what was standing before it. By the time it had seen Jin, the male had already pulled the Hunter close enough to strike. In a split of second, Jin's free hand had pierced the glass separating him and the Hunter's core. Grasping the core firmly, he yanked it out with all his might forcing the creature to begin falling to pieces all over the grass.

Bringing his attention to the core in hand as it gave a dull yellow glow, he'd toss it up a few times only to catch it every time as it came down. "Surely this can be traded in for a pretty mora or two."

On his way back to the inn, he could see the merchants and staff were all busy returning to their normal lives as though nothing had even happened. Of course, Jin did not expect any kind of thank or anything, it was moreover the fact that even if he had walked away, either the creature would've come right after him along with destroying the inn and the fact that destroying the Wangshu Inn also meant that when he had to return down this road, he wouldn't have any place to get some decent Jasmine tea along the way. Approaching his bag that he still left by the staircase, he'd open the bag and drop in the core before lifting his small feline companion out of the bag and placing it upon his head. "C'mon, lets go." With that, the kitten nodded and pointed in the opposite direction of where they were headed even as Jin was heading in the correct direction they were supposed to be heading. Of course he knew his companion was always bad at directions, though the adorableness had him adoring the feline all the more.

~~~

Of course, as expected, the traverse took up quite some time but luckily most of it was just a straight path forward and even at times the traveling pair would even come across a random merchant at times that was kind enough to give Jin and the feline a ride upon their wagon. With any luck, they had finally arrived at Liyue Harbor. Even with the large mountainous terrains that surrounded the harbor, the sea still spanned out wide giving it the same look as it did before the death of the Geo Archon. Inhaling a deep breath to take in the scent of the sea, he'd exhale a relieved sigh that the time spent reaching here was not wasted on coming to a city of ruins. Approaching the arches that lead into the harbor city, the stories and things he had heard prior to coming here appeared to had been true, there were guards stationed everywhere and patrolling absolutely every corner of the city.

It appeared as though the first place Jin found himself after walking into the harbor was apparently the business district as everyone seemed to be dressed overly elegant, making him look beyond out of place with his casual clothing and his ragged brown hooded coat. Even with his attire, the citizens all appeared to had been far too busy with transactions they were doing or speaking with other business partners to pay any mind to the stranger who had just stepped into their city.

Rather than spending too much time there, Jin headed further into the city until he had reached what appeared to had been the market district. Not only did the sight of citizens making trade with one another give this away but the clothing people wore made the scenery appear more casual and wholesome, as well as the scent of Liyue cuisines being prepared had caught the attention of his small feline friend.

"Thataway! Lets go! lets go!"

As his feline companion noticed the scent of food, it tugged at Jin's hair with one paw while the other pointed in the direction it caught the scent from.

"Oh, when it comes to food, you're quick huh?..."
Whispering in response, while he winced from the tugging of his hair, Jin headed straight for the establishment that the aroma was coming from. It came from a small building that had a sign hung high up that said 'Wanmin Restaurant'. Arching a brow at this, he'd approach the counter where the man was preparing multiple dishes at once. Rather than bother him, Jin lifted up the menu that was on the counter for himself and his feline friend to read and look for something they wished to dine upon.
[/FONT]

Margaux Blanchet

Though the expression on her face remained unfazed, pink dusted Margaux's cheeks when Lyuda dusted her. The latter called her something- a kosechka! The child of Fontaine was dumbstrucked by the foreign word, figuring it must be a Scheznayan moniker. She wanted to inquire about it when a certain swordswoman entered the picture. One that had wrongly interpreted the said picture.

Akin to a piece of domino, Margaux's fall catalyzed a chain of happenings. To say that she could keep up would be an obnoxious lie, as she could only shake in place and shift her gaze from one person to another. It was once again an unfortunate reminder of her lack of communication skills. She truly wanted to jump in and tell Kyo that Lyuda was a friend (and a fantastic craftswoman), but in the end she couldn't even utter a word. She was only glad that Haoran immediately popped out and helped sort the misunderstanding. While Margaux was extremely grateful for Kyo's worry, she was more grateful that a fight didn't erupt between the Inazuman and Schneznayan. Knowing them, her Kamera would be the last broken thing she'd be worried over.

She released a sigh when she felt a familiar hand wrap itself around one of hers. She had always found it ironic, how Haoran has such a soft and gentle touch despite being a master of something as hard and rough as rock. At Lyuda's offer of paying the drinks, Margaux vehemently shook her head. She wanted to tell her that it was all her fault, and since she couldn't, she instead slammed a palm against her chest and bowed. She did the same thing to Haoran who had apologized through a gesture.

As Haoran pointed out the stain on her cape, an idea struck the Hydro user. Unceremoniously, she bent down and dipped a fingertip on the pool of red. She then used her other hand to spread her cape, slightly shifting to comfortably write something on the clean portion of the fabric.

"It was all my fault. I'm sorry, everyone." She wrote, showing it to all three of them after. She then looked at Kyo, before proceeding to write something again. "Lyuda is the craftswoman I've told you about when my Kamera got broken." Granted, she should've used Lyuda's name in her story instead of the moniker 'Schneznayan friend' or 'An amazing person I know that can fix anything!'

Before Margaux could write a paragraph on her cape, a Natlani approached the group. Her mouth formed a small o as she took in his form. While he did look quite majestic, it was his topaz claws that won her attention. It reminded her of Kyo's! She stared at them with wide eyes, almost missing the fact that he went to them because of her Kamera.

The ashen-haired rummaged through her bag after snapping out of it, some random contraptions falling (such as her prototype self-heating bowl and aviation goggles fit with wipers) to the ground due to her hastiness. It was after a few seconds when she finally pulled out the sought-after Kamera. While it looked completely normal on the outside (if we were to disregard its worn-out appearance), it refused opening when Margaux pressed the start button.

She slightly jolted when Lyuda patted her shoulder, meeting her smile when she looked at her. She was smiling, but Margaux felt like her friend was selling herself short. She cannot have that! And so, the girl once again vehemently shook her head, offering the Kamera to Lyuda. She eyed her blankly, hoping that the gesture was enough to get her message across. She wanted Lyuda to be the one to fix her trusty gadget. That said, she didn't ignore the Natlani either. She flung her empty gaze at him, vibrating slightly.

Hopefully, Haoran or Kyo would be able to translate the tremors for her.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum AI10100 AI10100 Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

A crack has been heard as a foot steadily moved past the dead-like forest Looking over the gloomy horizon she was met with a city filled with windmills and a church that Chu Hua could faintly make out through the Musk of a storm. Today Chu Hua had officially arrived In Mondstadt, 30 minutes earlier than she had calculated A small smile spread on her face, as she once more tucked away her hair she looked up at the city.

Monstadt was a lot windier than she thought, The wind blew in every direction but this did not make her fret she found it quite welcoming it was nothing like the dry air of Sumera it was moist abit hard to breathe but rather enjoyable. To chu Hua the wind seemed to tell her a story once about the land. Chu Hua smiled a bit

"If I weighed anymore I'd probably blow away"

She stepped past the gate with small steps scanning every surface possible of it as if she was a child at a candy store walking into every shop she saw. A feeling that she couldn't quite place on her tongue filled her being, Perhaps it is because she never visited Mondstadt before but Chu Hua felt a sort of Excitement? If you could call it that, to her, it felt more like a wonder, A fish out of water story where she wanted to learn everything she could. It would pass that, she was sure of.

Chu Hua turned around once more she walked along the streets admiring the building Finally she turned to the adventure guild, In every place that she visits there always seems to be one even her Homeland has a guild. To her, that's proof that they are all still connected in some way or another. But then again she has yet to visit that many places, to begin with. Grabbing a piece of paper she began to filter through the quest she could possibly take preferably one where she could completely learn the culture of Mondstadt.

EuWtrEvUYAQrRmW

Amamiya Kyoya

"Lyuda!" She heard Haoran say ever so cheerfully which her brain had stopped functioning for just a split second before realizing that the woman in front of her was the same one that her friends had told her about. Her inexperience with Margaux's way of expressing wasn't that helpful with the recent interaction. She saw Margaux write, her way of communicating, to which Kyo simply dismissed as it was nothing to be sorry about.

"Oh, no! Forgive me, they have talked about you, plenty actually and I have heard good things." Kyoya took Lyuda's hand in hers, shaking it merrily. "I'm really sorry about earlier, although it's nice to finally put a face to the name." Although it didn't show on her face, she was slightly embarrassed at the misunderstanding, as evidence of her ears turning red.

A small laugh had escaped her lips at the mention of closeness with the others, "We've been traveling for a few months now, it's true but I have still yet to master Margaux's tells the way Haoran does." And with that, all worries have subsided from her minded and she had come back to a sunny attitude from this morning.

Kyo had taken notice of a Natlani coming to their spot on the street. Quickly offering a job opportunity to Margaux for her Kamera, her storm-colored eyes had moved over to the hydro vision holder, watching the vibration she had made at Lyuda's words. "Ehem, well, it seems that Margaux still wants you to fix her Kamera, Miss Lyuda. From what I heard you are quite the mechanic, and a friend. Of course, I'm going off of what I know from the times we talked and it seems she's quite attached to you." The young ronin said to the Snezhnayan before turning to the Natlani, "As for the job, I think my friend here is willing to accept it but we should double-check. Haoran?"

mention: || interaction: AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Nellancholy Nellancholy Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Zhangzheng Haoran
Interacting with: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . D O V E . D O V E Nellancholy Nellancholy Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

An unabashed grin spread across his face at Lyuda's slight teasing. "More opportunities to learn, I'd say." It wasn't that he sought out these things. Sometimes, they just come to him and he's more than willing to get a little beat up if he could add a new moveset to his roster. New forms, new techniques, less weak points. He'd say it's a pretty good deal all in all.

Haoran turned back to Margaux as her hand slipped away from his and she began writing on her cape. Ah, well, maybe they could get something to wash off all that red eventually. Where was her board anyway? Margaux finished her writing and Haoran nodded approvingly.

"Don't worry, jiejie. It took me a while to understand Marmar too. You'll get the hang of it!" He reassured the Inazuman with a bright smile.

A Natlani came to them, offering employment to Margaux. Haoran looked at him— really looked at him— really truly looked at him. Nope. He wasn't familiar. Maybe they just didn't bump into each other before? It was always possible. Even if he stayed in this town for a week or so didn't mean that he'd get to meet all of its residents. His eyes dropped to Margaux— what kind of business opportunity did he want from her? A photographer maybe?

The sound of things falling cut him out of his thoughts. He quickly scrambled to pick them up. They were some of Margaux's personal inventions, some things that he was eager to test out as soon as she finished. And sure, maybe some didn't work, but progress was progress! Haoran shoved them back into her bag, hoping none of them prematurely broke from the short fall to the ground.

Lyuda mentioned that Margaux should hand the kamera repair to this Natlani instead of her, stating that it would be better. Not unlike Margaux's thoughts on the matter, something twisted in Haoran's stomach. No one should put themselves down like that! Margaux certainly seemed to think so and Kyoya even backed that up. "Yeah! You're a great mechanic and you should never doubt yourself like that!" Haoran huffed, indignant. His eyebrows relaxed and his demeanor seemed to change the slightest bit. "And I agree with her. So please, fix it?"

"Hm? Oh! The job! Right, right. Er, what... is the job exactly first before we dive headfirst into this?"
Haoran was rarely a sensible person. He was the kind of person who would, in fact, dive headfirst into any kind of opportunity to help someone in need. But, and he remembered this lesson from one of the members of the Adventurer's Guild, it was always wise to know what they're signing up for before accepting it.

"Pff..." Lyuda couldn't help but react, rubbing the back of her head as Kyoya's attitude seemed to do a 180 turn, immediately turning rather welcoming when a moment ago she looked ready to draw her weapon on Lyuda. As it turned out, Kyoya had already heard about her and just didn't have a face to her name. Margaux had probably spoken of her in only the most favorable, glowing terms, and Lyuda wasn't sure she wanted to be seen that way. "Margaux DID talk about me, did she?" As nice as that was, Lyuda didn't really go for that kind of praise. "Whatever she said..." She turned to give Margaux an approving nod. "...is true, but now you can make your own opinion, Kyo."

"And who says I'm doubting myself, Hao?" She scoffed at the Liyue man, her voice carrying more confidence than dismissal. "I've never failed to restore something to working condition. I was just being honest about this bogach here having better materials on hand and someone who can do just as good a job. Don't have to make do with whatever I picked up from ruins..."

And while she didn't care to take charge of this situation, the person most in the position to negotiate...wasn't much of a talker. "Though you're right about that, Hao." She turned to Cipali, her posture habitually straightening up like a soldier awaiting orders as she addressed him. "Nothing that makes use of a Kamera is too hard, is it? Unless you want her to take pictures of a Lawachurl..."

AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

CIPALI

Cipali only then noticed the strange Kamera owner within the foreign gathering and her even stranger method of communicating. Finger-writing with pomegranite juice on a finely-made cloak? What a wasteful way of interacting with her fellow travellers — though he wouldn’t be surprised if such a thing somehow became fashionable in Fontaine, with their tendency for eccentrics. He idly mused about the number of capes she must have brought to so freely do such a thing; perhaps her luggage only contained white capes?

As the woman rummaged through her items — all odd contraptions, reminiscent of Fontaine’s flourishing technology sector — pulled out a Kamera, and started vibrating in place. Before he could help her with the dropped articles, the one from Liyue scrambled to do it first. During all this, it seemed like the group was translating the now known as Margaux’s… vibrations while mock-arguing with the repairwoman with the suspicious outfit. He silently waited for them to finish discussing between themselves before inserting himself into the conversation.

“Forgive my pronunciation,” he stated as a preamble. “I have no opinion on Miss Lyuda fixing it; if better materials are required, they will be provided.”

He didn’t particularly mind whoever it was that took on the task of repairing the Kamera. It was Margaux’s personal device, and she had the final say on what to do with it. Even if there was a chance Lyuda wouldn’t do a proper job, it wasn’t worth antagonizing the rest to argue about the matter. As long as it lasted for a few days, it was likely good enough for Konsilisto; he had never heard of her being much of a dilettante.

In reply to Lyuda’s prompting, he added, “No Lawachurls, taking pictures of the town’s Boksa Batalo champion and a few locations should be all. I ask on behalf of a councillor and can prove it if you come with me.” Squinting at the sun inching along the sky, he was made aware of the yawning ache of hunger. “May we negotiate over a meal?”

Interactions
N/A
Mentions
N/A
Liyue Harbor: Wanmin Restaurant
While going through the menu with his small feline companion staring down at it from atop of Jin's head, the selection was massive that it made it almost impossible to decide simply a single dish to eat, though ordering too much was obviously not an option either since neither one of them would be able to finish the food and they did not exactly have the space to be packing extra baggage. The owner and chef meanwhile had been busy preparing ingredients along with other orders for other customers that he had not noticed Jin at the counter until he had turned around.

"Ah, a customer! What can I get you sir?...Say, I've never seen you around before, and assuming from your clothing, you're not from around here, are you? Anyway, welcome to Liyue Harbor. My name is Chef Mao, this is my restaurant. Wanmin Restaurant." While the man greeted Jin, the young male only stood there blinking and staring back in silence before looking down at the menu yet again for a moment and staring back at the man once more who only smiled gleefully back. "Do you have any recommendations?" Just as soon as Jin had finally replied, the man nodded his head and pointed onto a specific number on the menu that read 'Black-Back Perch Stew'. "I make this with a rather generous helping of freshly caught fish from the harbor. Cooked with my own special chili oil made directly from Jueyun Chilis and Violetgrass! It's bursting with flavor, though I must warn you that its very spicy. So not many people can handle eating the whole thin--" As he was in the middle of his sentence, Jin had pulled out several pieces of mora that was enough to afford the dish and placed it onto the table to show that he wished for that specific dish.

Heading over towards one of the tables while waiting for the dish to be prepared and finished, the kitten had finally jumped off Jin's head just to lay down onto the wooden table upon its back while he rubbed its own stomach with its two front paws.

"I can't wait! I can't wait! Finally, some famous Liyue cuisine, and its fish! I can't wait!" With the overexcitement that came from his companion, Jin couldn't help but chuckle under his breath while he started to simply watch the citizen mingle about.

Margaux Blanchet

Margaux felt bashful when Kyo pointed out that she was somewhat attached to Lyuda. She wondered if she chirped too many praises about the crafty woman. It was one of the rare moments that she was thankful for having an (extremely) inexpressive face. She'd hate for Lyuda to think that she was some sort of obsessive paparazzi (a Fontaine slang that recently emerged alongside the rise of moving films and celebrities). She was simply appreciative of her friend's handiwork is all, especially as a fellow craftswoman.

Nonetheless, the empty-faced girl looked at Kyo and flashed her a thumbs-up. She felt happy that her companion was gradually getting better at understanding her non-verbal cues. To be honest, she never expected for anyone else aside from Hugo to make such efforts for her. She was beyond grateful to her friends.

The feeling of bashfulness returned once Haoran asked for further details about the job. Margaux internally scolded herself for rushing into a decision. As a scholar, she should've politely poked her nose first before jumping into the wagon. She definitely should work more on her carefulness, lest she unwittingly drag her companions into danger.

A sigh escaped her lips when the Natlani revealed that the job only involved taking shots of the local Boksa Batalo champion and a few spots. She figured he was probably working with the government to promote the town's tourism. It sounded like a decent job, hand-in-hand with a free tour of the area. She then stared at the Natlani after he dropped his offer of lunch, nodding her head and vibrating slightly to convey her delight.

Once that was done, she then turned to Kyo, Haoran, and Lyuda. She proceeded to dip her finger into the puddle and write something on her cape once more.

"Pls join."

Nellancholy Nellancholy Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum AI10100 AI10100 Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Interactions: Chu Hua ( PanPanMondAay PanPanMondAay )

This early in the morning, only a few people were out and about on the streets, clothed up another layer to fight the chilly weather. They were mostly vendors setting up selling fruits or flowers. The prices were fair and the product was popular, so although they were never crowded around or sold out, they actually did fairly well. Still, Sigil never saw vendors selling the same item. That was an unspoken sort of rule amongst shops in Mondstadt - everyone had to find their own thing. Perhaps it was because in these times that sort of competition didn't really benefit anyone.

Sigil would usually set outside the city and go visit Springvale to talk with the other hunters and maybe get some pointers on where there were any boars. That information wasn't always available, but it was never withheld. Even if some hunters worked independently (like Sigil did), they still treated each other like family. Being the only hunter there who didn't live in Springvale, she felt like the odd one out, even if there was no reason for it.

But the game was decreasing. Not because someone had been hunting in the game reserve, but it seemed to have been a natural occurrence. No one mentioned it. Maybe no one even noticed it. But it had become widely apparent to Sigil, who entirely relied on hunting for her income. It was why that day, she turned towards the Adventurer's Guild instead.

If an adventurer was someone who explored, fought off monsters, and discovered treasure, Sigil was not an adventurer. She could arguably count for the first metric, but anything bigger than a hilichurl was out of her reach, and a pack of hilichurls still required focus from her, even if over time she'd gotten better at sniping their weakspots. If she didn't have a tree as a vantage point already, she would go find one. If she couldn't find one... well, she'd always been able to find one, so she never thought about that situation. She'd never beaten a mitachurl before. Their movements were honestly more predictable than a regular hilichurl, but they were just too bulky. Her precious arrows didn't do enough to be worth using. And sometimes, they were accompanied by hilichurls casting magic, or even hilichurls shooting their own arrows at her! How was that even possible? Weren't Visions required to manifest elemental energy? How did some of the hilichurls she'd fought shoot Electro-infused arrows? What secret did they know that--

"Hello, Sigil?"

Sigil blinked twice, and found herself in front of Katheryne at the Adventurer's Guild. She muffled a groan and scratched the hair above her forehead.

"A-ah, sorry." Sigil blurted. She sensed someone to her side out of sight, and paused for a few moments, wordlessly mulling over whether she should turn to the unknown person or to focus on Katheryne. Eventually, she settled on the latter. "Good morning." Katheryne smiled a bit too perfectly, her hands folded over themselves.

"It's quite alright. Was there anything you needed today?"

"Yes." Sigil adjusted her tunic. "I... wanted to ask if the Intelligence Department had anything that needed doing." Katheryne closed her eyes and nodded.

"Ah, I see. I'll go and check for you. Please wait here." She turned around and disappeared through the wooden door, into the building behind her. It wasn't often that Sigil saw the reception desk unmanned. She peered over a bit, and thought it was a bit cramped and barren. There were layers of drawers built into the wooden curve that faced outwards towards adventurers. But Sigil didn't dare open those. She stepped back a bit, looking at the Adventurer's Guild's emblem positioned on top of the small roof that leaned over the desk.

Sigil then turned her head slowly, looking at the figure in the corner of her right eye. Now, Mondstadt was a small city in terms of population. Knowing everyone on a personal level wasn't common, but people recognised each others' faces and knew their names, even if they never really spoke to each other. This person, Sigil did not know. Her hair colour was a muted green, like the Anemo kind of green, her skin was tanned, and her eyes were red like blood. Her outfit looked skin tight, and she had an axe strapped across her back. Sigil immediately got the impression that she was some traveler, though exactly where they came from was a mystery to her - besides some tidbits about Liyue, she knew barely any facts about other nations. The green-haired girl was sifting through miscellaneous quests, eyes unnaturally wide, the side of her lip curled up just slightly. Sigil took a quick glance away, then spoke. A greeting was common courtesy, after all.

"Good morning to you as well," she said with a nod.

Interactions: Chu Hua ( PanPanMondAay PanPanMondAay )

This early in the morning, only a few people were out and about on the streets, clothed up another layer to fight the chilly weather. They were mostly vendors setting up selling fruits or flowers. The prices were fair and the product was popular, so although they were never crowded around or sold out, they actually did fairly well. Still, Sigil never saw vendors selling the same item. That was an unspoken sort of rule amongst shops in Mondstadt - everyone had to find their own thing. Perhaps it was because in these times that sort of competition didn't really benefit anyone.

Sigil would usually set outside the city and go visit Springvale to talk with the other hunters and maybe get some pointers on where there were any boars. That information wasn't always available, but it was never withheld. Even if some hunters worked independently (like Sigil did), they still treated each other like family. Being the only hunter there who didn't live in Springvale, she felt like the odd one out, even if there was no reason for it.

But the game was decreasing. Not because someone had been hunting in the game reserve, but it seemed to have been a natural occurrence. No one mentioned it. Maybe no one even noticed it. But it had become widely apparent to Sigil, who entirely relied on hunting for her income. It was why that day, she turned towards the Adventurer's Guild instead.

If an adventurer was someone who explored, fought off monsters, and discovered treasure, Sigil was not an adventurer. She could arguably count for the first metric, but anything bigger than a hilichurl was out of her reach, and a pack of hilichurls still required focus from her, even if over time she'd gotten better at sniping their weakspots. If she didn't have a tree as a vantage point already, she would go find one. If she couldn't find one... well, she'd always been able to find one, so she never thought about that situation. She'd never beaten a mitachurl before. Their movements were honestly more predictable than a regular hilichurl, but they were just too bulky. Her precious arrows didn't do enough to be worth using. And sometimes, they were accompanied by hilichurls casting magic, or even hilichurls shooting their own arrows at her! How was that even possible? Weren't Visions required to manifest elemental energy? How did some of the hilichurls she'd fought shoot Electro-infused arrows? What secret did they know that--

"Hello, Sigil?"

Sigil blinked twice, and found herself in front of Katheryne at the Adventurer's Guild. She muffled a groan and scratched the hair above her forehead.

"A-ah, sorry." Sigil blurted. She sensed someone to her side out of sight, and paused for a few moments, wordlessly mulling over whether she should turn to the unknown person or to focus on Katheryne. Eventually, she settled on the latter. "Good morning." Katheryne smiled a bit too perfectly, her hands folded over themselves.

"It's quite alright. Was there anything you needed today?"

"Yes." Sigil adjusted her tunic. "I... wanted to ask if the Intelligence Department had anything that needed doing." Katheryne closed her eyes and nodded.

"Ah, I see. I'll go and check for you. Please wait here." She turned around and disappeared through the wooden door, into the building behind her. It wasn't often that Sigil saw the reception desk unmanned. She peered over a bit, and thought it was a bit cramped and barren. There were layers of drawers built into the wooden curve that faced outwards towards adventurers. But Sigil didn't dare open those. She stepped back a bit, looking at the Adventurer's Guild's emblem positioned on top of the small roof that leaned over the desk.

Sigil then turned her head slowly, looking at the figure in the corner of her right eye. Now, Mondstadt was a small city in terms of population. Knowing everyone on a personal level wasn't common, but people recognised each others' faces and knew their names, even if they never really spoke to each other. This person, Sigil did not know. Her hair colour was a muted green, like the Anemo kind of green, her skin was tanned, and her eyes were red like blood. Her outfit looked skin tight, and she had an axe strapped across her back. Sigil immediately got the impression that she was some traveler, though exactly where they came from was a mystery to her - besides some tidbits about Liyue, she knew barely any facts about other nations. The green-haired girl was sifting through miscellaneous quests, eyes unnaturally wide, the side of her lip curled up just slightly. Sigil took a quick glance away, then spoke. A greeting was common courtesy, after all.

Chu Hua ignored the scuffle of feet she heard nearby, she paid it no mind why should she? When the city was slowly waking up it only made sense she would her footstep everywhere she went. Chu Hua smiled as she looked at the quest she held in her hands deciding between adventuring the snowy mountain or the dormer storm terrors lair both seemed wild and interesting to her a mystery she wanted to uncover. Her eye's held a gleam to them.

She only turned around once she heard the feet come closer, stopping right next to her Chu Hua stared down at the girl's shoes trying desperately to mind her own business.However, her eyebrow twitched when the girl did nothing but stand for a few moments not only did this make it awkward for her it also met the girl was in her way of talking to Kathryn. "Hello, Sigil?" Kathryn said with her calm voice this made Chu Hua calm down a bit perking her ears up as she listen to the conversation.

"A-ah, sorry." Sigil at least that what Chu was assuming blurted. "Good morning." Katheryne chimed out a smile appearing on her lips she bend her arms over her chest slightly leaning on the table. Chu Hua blinked abit 'the girl must be a regular' she thought although she couldn't help but to think she was abit strange she simply shrugged though perhaps that was just the people of Mondstadt themselves.

"It's quite alright. Was there anything you needed today?" This now made her extremely interested if she was an adventure just like her perhaps she could share some of her tales of Mondstadt. Thus helping with her data slightly perking up abit she stared at the girl from the corner of her eyes. She was met
with straight jagged light brown hair which reaches down to her chin which judging by the color of it she seemed to be a bit on the light side.

"Yes." Sigil adjusted her tunic. "I... wanted to ask if the Intelligence Department had anything that needed doing." Katheryne closed her eyes and nodded. Oh, that was sorta sweet, Possible or maybe she just wanted to get closer to the intelligent department, Who knows After all people are complicated.

"Ah, I see. I'll go and check for you. Please wait here." Chu Hua turned her eye back to her paper thinking that the conversation was over she went back to what she was doing, at first she had thought she knew what mission she wanted but now she's thinking maybe she should change it out. Her eye's slightly widened though as she felt eyes staring at her abit something swirled inside her the type of feeling she gets when she's gets hurt. Something clawed at her that made her highly uncomfortable.

Turning her head she officially got to see the girl, Carmel brown eyes, and a scar that reached down her right cheek that Chu Hua mentally wrote down to ask about later. She wore a blouse with a long skirt and boots.

Chu Hua panicked for a moment later Her shoulder tensed along with her back "I..um ..Yes good morning.." she trailed oof staring away from the girl slowly with her eyes trying to give her hints to leave her alone.

“Oh, Juniper, dear!”

The young woman’s ears perked up at the sound of the old voice nearby.
Juniper, the resident mail lady of Monstadt, turned from her morning routine with her trusty mare Mulberry to find one of the elderly members of the community standing behind her. The young woman jerked in surprise at the realization. How did this little old woman manage to sneak up on her?!

“Ah!” She squealed, clapping a hand to her chest with a deep sigh afterwards. “Mrs. Baker!”

“For a cat, you’re really not all that aware, are you dear?”
Said the old woman, concerned.

“I’m- I’m allowed to lower my guard in my own home, Mrs. Baker!” Juniper huffed, her ears pulling back in embarrassment. “What did you need?”
“I just had a letter I was hoping you could take to my son in that city on the shore- He doesn’t come by very much anymore, and-“

And then the old woman went into a massive rant about how her son left her for some lazy city woman and blah blah blah, all stuff Juniper had heard before, many times. However, she had never actually been asked to take a letter to him before. Where did he live again?"

“Yes, yes Mrs. Baker- I’ll make sure the letter gets there safe and sound, not to worry- I know, it’s very important. Don’t you worry Mrs. Baker, it’ll get there just fine. Um.... Remind me again where your son lives? Does he live in Mondstadt?"
"In Liyue."
"... Excuse me, what."
"Liyue Harbor, dear!"
"Liyue Harbor."
"Yes."
"You want me,"
"Mhm."
"To go to Liyue Harbor,"
"Yes."
"To deliver a SINGLE LETTER."
"Yes!"

Well. She always wanted to travel out of the country! Might as well... Take that first step.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been at least a week of riding across the continent, seeing unbelievable sights including random, hexagonal columns of rock that seemed to reach to the sky itself, giant rock-encrusted lizards that loved to charge at Mulberry, and the Millelith that wandered the countryside, giving her and her Monstadt-styled clothes and cat ears curious looks as she rode past on a horse of all things. Taking a brief stop somewhere so she could rest and maybe even bathe, Juniper found herself coming up to what appeared to be a large… hotel? In a tree? Man, Liyue is crazy. It was here she managed to rent a room for the night where, thank the GODS, she managed to bathe, washing her hair and skin and fur and- UGH, she hated being dirty. A hell of a job to have, when you hate being dirty.
This brief recess done, she made her way quickly further into the country, admiring the peculiar landscape, flora and fauna. There were some species of bird that every little cat fiber in her body wanted to pounce on, but she had a job to do, so she ignored it and pressed on. Soon enough, the towering structures of Liyue Harbor loomed in the distance, and Juniper found herself feeling immediately intimidated. She had thought the cathedral in Monstadt was ridiculous but... this!

Upon being let into the city, she was almost immediately assaulted by several different salespeople, trying to get her to buy whatever it may have been they were selling- jades, trinkets, teas, incense, freshly picked flowers, whatever! Nevermind the weird perfume lady, with her strange seductive voice and suggestive language. Juniper's feline nose didn't really enjoy perfumes in the first place, but this lady just set her nerves on edge. She was half expecting to just have perfume unceremoniously sprayed in her face at any moment like some kind of bipedal, crystal-bottle wielding skunk! ALSO. She had no ideas where the businesses ended and the private residences began! How was she going to find a single man in this MASSIVE city!?

As the hours passed, the Katzlein woman found herself stumbling her way over towards the smell of food, finding herself at a counter that sat before an open kitchen, where the smells of spices and hot oils and fish and chicken and all kinds of unfamiliar food smells were hitting her feline nose. She grabbed a stool and sat down, not really noticing the other people around her in her tired state. She spent a moment briefly glancing around for a menu, before finding the nearby pile at the opposite end of the counter, passed at least one other person.

"...ah..." She sighed, staring at it looking defeated, before she finally pulled herself together a bit and looked over at the menus, then at the person sitting next to her. "Ah... I'm, I am very sorry, sir, but could you hand me a menu from the pile over there? I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Nothingness Nothingness

EuWtrEvUYAQrRmW

Amamiya Kyoya

"Well, I guess it all works out then." Kyoya said optimistically once the description for the job was said. It didn't seem anything dangerous and they could probably see more of Natlan this way.

Kyoya's eyes landed on Margaux and watching her reaction. She was glad that the Hydro vision holder has a way to express herself through various means. "Of course! If you'll have us, we'd be happy to join you." She said both to Margaux and the Natlani man, bringing her attention to the latter. "I'm Kyoya by the way, and this right here is Margaux." Gesturing over to the Fontaine woman, placing a hand to her shoulder. "And you are?"

mention: || interaction: AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Nellancholy Nellancholy Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back