• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Wide Search In The Wide, Wide World...

Zariah Turner

Bestest dragon
Greetings, fellow humans! At least, I assume all of you are humans - it'd be rather awkward if you weren't. Anyway, welcome to my interest check! Feel free to take your time reading through everything. I hope you're having a wonderful day / night / afternoon / teatime!

Firstly, let's talk about me. My name's Zariah, as you've probably guessed already. (Super helpful having your name be your username, right?) I'm currently fifteen years old, and I've been roleplaying since the pandemic started, and writing since before then. I freely admit that everything I wrote years ago was horrible - but I've improved quite a lot since then! For the past year or so, I've gotten more invested in roleplaying, jumping between various discussion forums that allowed people to roleplay there. Now that I've discovered RPNation, I'm excited to get deeper into the world of serious roleplaying!

I absolutely love writing, especially when I'm able to develop detailed, complicated, and in-depth characters, worlds, and stories. For me, the world and story are at the heart of whatever roleplay I'm doing. I can't bring myself to enjoy a roleplay if the story feels boring, uninteresting, or undeveloped, and the world is just a blank slate. That being said, characters are important too! With all my characters, I aim to create an in-depth individual with a unique history and personality. (Though I do have a habit of being hard on my characters... it's all in the name of growth, though!) For main characters, I prefer to play female or non-binary characters, but I can always take a stab at playing a male character. With side characters, I can play any gender of character.

Currently, I'm tentatively open for doubling. I don't have experience with it, as all the one x one roleplays I've done have just been one on one in terms of characters. Various group roleplays have given me the experience with playing multiple characters, which is the only reason I'm willing to give it a try. Both of us just having one main character is perfectly fine with me as well. In roleplays, I will bring in side characters to help flesh my character and/or the world when it's fitting. If you roleplay with me, you are under no obligation to do the same, but I just wanted to let you know.

My favorite type of roleplays are fantasy roleplays. I adore fantasy, especially because of how open-ended the genre is. Some other genres I enjoy are sci-fi, modern day, adventure, and sometimes slice-of-life. In general, I don't enjoy roleplays where romance is the main plot. I prefer roleplays where there's at least something else going on, besides our two characters pining over each other. However, romance is generally fine as a side plot. For romantic pairings, I prefer f x f or f x nb with me playing either role, and f x m with me playing the female.

I write in third-person, as I can never really get the feel for first-person, and I feel like it puts me inside my character's mind a bit too much. For post length, I consider myself advanced literate, and can sometimes hit novella if I'm really feeling the roleplay. This means that my typical responses are anywhere within the range of 4 - 8 paragraphs, depending on the roleplay. While I don't expect anyone to match my post length, it is worth noting that I subconsciously mirror my partner's replies. This means that if you give a shorter reply, I'm likely to give a shorter reply as well. I end up doing this mainly because it is very difficult to give long, detailed responses if I get a response of lesser detail.

Now, about post frequency. Sadly, my answer for this is that "it depends". As I said previously, I like to write detailed responses. This means that I need time to brainstorm my answer, and then I have to write it all out. Depending on my schedule, this process could take a day or two, or close to a week. In addition, my inspiration will sometimes come and go in waves, meaning that there might be periods where my responses come quickly, and then times when they come slowly. In addition, I do have a life outside the internet, and I'll prioritize anything there that comes up over a roleplay. Nothing personal, I just value my real life more. There is one big commitment that I feel required to mention, since it takes a lot of time in my life: school! I attend school five days a week, like most people, and this does eat up a bit of my time. I will still aim to get responses to you as quickly as I am able - but feel free to poke me with a stick if I haven't responded in over a week or two. I'll also do my best to let you know when something comes up.

For OOC chat, my view depends on the type of OOC chat. For random chatting that has nothing to do with the actual roleplay (or, at least, not the plot), I'm neutral. If you like it, I'm fine with it. If you don't, that's fine too. However, discussing things actually related to the roleplay is a must for me. I enjoy plotting and developing the roleplay, world, and our characters. That's no fun if I'm doing it all by myself, though - it's a two-person process! So if you aren't someone who will plot with me, then we probably won't make good partners.

Now, about dark themes and/or explicit themes. I will not do anything sexual, even if it is faded to black. I'm a sex-repulsed ace - anything sex-related is very disgusting to me. Kissing and cuddling is as far as romance goes. However, I am fine with dark themes. Horror and/or gore, extreme / descriptive violence, and a darker roleplay in general is fine with me. I can handle these things with matureness - being a minor doesn't mean I'm not mature. The only subject I am hesitant to agree to is any roleplay centering heavily around mental health. I will need some convincing to do one, and I still might say no. If we end up doing a roleplay centering around mental health, I will not be playing any characters that have mental health issues I do not have. I ask that you do the same.

Second, let's talk about you. The first thing I'd like to clear up is that I don't care about your age. You can be thirteen, you can be twenty-seven. I do not care in the least. All that matters to me is that you can roleplay well, and you're a decent human being. That being said, if you care about my age, well, that's a you thing. Not a me thing.

I want to roleplay with someone whose post length is similar to mine. So, someone with a minimum response length of 3 or 4 paragraphs. Longer posts are absolutely welcome. Please do not reach out to me if you aren't able to provide at least a few paragraphs per response, because that isn't what I'm looking for. On a similar vein, absolutely no one-liners.

Be a respectful human. Specifically, be kind to all people and don't discriminate. If you discriminate / are racist / are homophobic or anything else similar to that, do not interact with me. Simple, really.

I already touched on this, but again, please be willing to discuss the roleplay with me. It's not fun plotting by myself, or always being the one suggesting things. This is a collaborative effort - and I can't constantly brainstorm ideas forever. Please contribute to the planning, so that it remains a collaborative effort, and remains fun for both of us. Similarly, if you have questions about anything, please ask. I promise you I don't bite. Again, I also welcome random OOC chat - so if you're in the mood, reach out. I'll likely respond.

For your post frequency, I don't care a lot. Just please let me know what it is, so that I know what to expect.

Now, about ghosting. You are very much allowed to lose interest in the roleplay. It happens to everyone - I've lost interest in a few roleplays of mine, as well. There will be no hard feelings if you want to break things off, or just take a little break until you get your inspiration back. My only requirement is that you tell me if you have lost interest or don't want to continue. It is no fun waiting around for a response that'll never come. I expect some form of communication, and you are more than welcome to hold me to the same standard.

Before we get to actual roleplay ideas, let's quickly touch base about romance. I will not always want to introduce romantic aspects into our roleplay. This is just a personal preference of mine. For the most part, though, I am fine with it, as long as our characters mesh. I'm not going to force two characters into a romantical relationship just because. There has to be logic behind the relationship. Simiarly, I don't do insta-love. It's too unrealistic. When writing romance, I've found I prefer lesbian or sapphic romances, so mainly f x f or f x nb. I'm open to other pairings, such as m x f or m x m, but that's what I prefer. My only other requirement is nothing sexual, even if it is fade to black. I've mentioned this previously, but I am re-stating it here, as that's very important to me.

And... We've arrived at the actual plots! Finally! Well... plot, singular. Currently, I only have one plot I'm looking to roleplay with people, but I hope to have more ideas up soon. This particular idea is fairly open-ended, to allow us to work together to develop the world and story. I have some random-ish thoughts that didn't quite fit into the plot description shown here, and I'd be happy to share these ideas over DM, if you're interested in hearing them. None of my ideas are set in stone, so there's never a garuntee we'll go with my ideas - so feel free to come with your own ideas and interpretiations of the plot! I look forward to hearing any thoughts you might have. The plot is within the spoiler below, as the description is pretty long.

The kingdom of Atruicuvia had been prosperous and happy for as long as one could remember. They had avoided war for decades, maintained strong relationships with their neighbors, treated their citizens well, and the royal family was well-loved by everyone around them. The king and queen were happy, in all ways but one: They had no children. Despite the queen's best efforts to bear a child, none ever came. Soon, they became desperate, searching far and wide for a possible solution. Nothing, not even the help of the best midwifes and doctors in the land, could combat the queen's infertility. The queen, desperate for a solution, set out in secret to visit the one person she knew might be able to help: The feared sorceress.

Everyone had heard of the sorceress, how she granted great boons, but also great curses. Most stayed clear of her... but not the queen. On the night of the full moon, the queen arrived at the sorceress's home. There, she begged for a child. Pleaded for the sorceress's help. Only when the queen (foolishly) declared any price would be worth it did the sorceress agree. She gave the queen a magical pastry, and told her that, upon eating it, she would become pregnant. The curse would reveal itself on the child's thirteenth birthday. Overjoyed, the queen thanked the sorceress and ate the pastry, then hurried back to the palace to tell her husband, the king, of the wonderful news.

The queen, in her joy, failed to mention that she had gone to the sorceress. She only told the king that she was pregnant - and indeed, she was. The kingdom rejoiced, happy for their king and queen. The child - a little girl - was born nine months later, on the night of the full moon. From the start, the citizens were enamored with her. The princess was perfect in every possible way. It all seemed too good to be true. As she grew, it became even more clear that she was something special. Her beauty was legendary, far beyond anything anyone could have imagined. Her other traits were captivating in their own unique ways. The princess lived a life of luxury, beloved by her kingdom and her parents.

Then, on the night of her thirteenth birthday, everything changed. A grand ball had been thrown in the princess's honor, and went well into the evening. When the full moon began to rise, the princess... changed. She went from a pretty, perfect girl to a horrific monster in a matter of minutes. During that time, the princess lost control of herself, giving in completely to the monster within. She terrorized the party guests, but the palace guards managed to keep her contained to the palace. Only when the sun rose at dawn did the princess return to herself. As she changed back, the sorceress appeared. She declared that this was the princess's curse - to transform into a monster every full moon. Only finding true love would save her, the sorceress said. Then she vanished.

Everyone, the princess's family most of all, was shocked. Long debates ensued, about what to do with this new problem. Eventually, after much deliberation, they made a decision. Though it pained the royal family greatly, they would send the princess away to a secluded estate, away from everyone else. A member of the nobility would be sent to her each month, to try to win her love and end the curse. It was decided that no one, not even the courtiers, would know of her curse. It was safer that way.

Now, five years have passed. The princess, now eighteen, has resigned herself to being forever cursed, as no one has been able to win her love. The next courtier arrives, but their arrival is not at all what the princess expected. Instead of news that the kingdom is peaceful, like she always receives, this courtier tells her of rumors that the sorceress is planning something. Something huge and dangerous, that could put the entire kingdom at risk if she succeeds with her plan. The royal family, content with their life but still mourning the loss of their daughter, has not noticed this or taken action. No one has. It's up to the princess, and her newest courtier, to uncover the sorceress's plans and put an end to them before they harmed the entire kingdom.

And, you know, maybe break the curse... Who knows what could happen?

Next, let's talk about pairings, tropes, and themes. Below is a list of parings / tropes / themes I am interested in at the moment. I typically don't have a specific plot in mind for any of these, but I am happy to brainstorm. All of these pairings can be platonic, or romantic. If I have a preffered role for that pairing, that role will be bolded. If something's crossed out, that means I'm not interested in it at the moment.Anything I'm craving / in the mood for will have !!'s next to it - the more there are, the more I'm wanting it!

- Enemies to friends and/or lovers (All-time favorite of mine)
- Arranged marriage
- Found family!!
- Royals and/or political intrigue !!
- Forbidden love
- Soulmates (with darker twists)
- Dragon shifter x human !
- Alternatively, dragon shifter x dragon hunter !
- Hero x villain / morally gray !!
- Hacker / gamer x hacker / gamer !!!
- Criminal x criminal
- Online friends !!!!
- Troublemaker x responsible
- Assassin x target
- Spy x spy !!
- Assassin x assassin !
- Witch x human
- Human x fae
- Royal x commoner
- Hero's descent x villain's descent

Lastly, fandoms. I have a very, very few select fandoms I am a part of, on account of me not being super engaged in the world. I'm part of both fandoms in movies / shows, and fandoms in books. In no cases will I play canon characters for any of these fandoms. That's also a "no" to OC x CC pairings. Anyway, onto fandoms!

- How To Train Your Dragon (Both franchise and books)
- Wings of Fire
- The Cosmere (Props to you if you know what this is-)
- Tentatively, Harry Potter.

Yeppp, it's a super short list. Oh well!

Please DM me if you're interested, instead of commenting here. I'd love it if you don't give me a generic, "Hey let's rp!" message. Detail, please! Not a lot - just tell me what you're interested in from this post, and a bit about yourself in regards to roleplaying. Some info on post length, pairing & gender preferences, and post frequency should be fine. If you have an idea you think I'd like, I'm also open to hearing that.

All comments on this thread will be deleted. DM me if you're looking for a response.

Last edited:
Bump! Updated some things, clarified a few spots I thought looked a little confusing, and added a full-fledged plot!

Currently craving a f x f pairing, romantic or platonic. (Also craving the plot I have on there, as well).

Heeeeeyy! How's it going? Name's Trey, obviously, but I'm interested in a possible Enemies to Friends plot or maybe Assassin x Target!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back