• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Very Simple Thread with a very Simple Purpose: Grimgar/Grimgar-esque!

Charcoal

Wandering across the ocean of stars
Having just finished Hai To Gensou No Grimgar, I'm craving more of the same kind of story. An RP either set in the same setting, or a similar one of our own creation would be wonderful - I'm fine either way. In terms of requirements, I am somewhat of a stickler for grammar/punctuation, so if you find either of them difficult to keep up with, I'm probably not the best partner for you. Post length can vary greatly, but I generally like to stick 150-200 words as an absolute minimum, seeing as that allows for at least a little internal dialogue, a little conversation, and then any action that's required. During conversation, feel free to even drop post length down to single sentences, as long as we agree on it first. Sometimes I find that both characters monologue-ing at one another can be very odd, seeing as sometimes a question might have a very simple yes or no answer. Hopefully it should help to keep the RP dynamic and fluid. Aside from the above, everything else is negotiable - whether or not there is a romance (of any gender/sex combination) is up to you entirely, so just let me know what you're comfortable with.

In terms of an exact plot, I like the idea of setting immediate goals that we can work toward - get our badges, deal with this monster, explore this area, relax at home (not really a goal, but a directive for a segment of RP). This should hopefully develop into a story of some kind, and if you have any long term goals (like the romance above) we can set them up to begin with. Something I would like to work on is making time feel accurate. The anime really had a sense of the day/night cycle and managed to make the world feel very organic. If we could work out a method with which to chart the passage of time, that'd be amazing.

With characters, all I really would like is a picture - something I can use to identify the character with, seeing as the 'anime' setting really calls for something visual to use. Their personality can be discovered as the RP progresses.

That about does it! Either post below, or throw a PM my way and we'll see about getting the RP set up. Happy role-playing, and hope to hear from you soon!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back