A Theory on Vampiric Reproduction

I guess it's more world building than anything. I just don't think vampires being completely immortal is logical unless staked or holy water-ed or whatever is logical. But I'm also down for the idea of creatures being consumed unless they dilute the venom regularly; that sounds awesome, dude. Balances out the strengths and weaknesses well.

Vampires are undead, non functioning organs, no they can't be hermaphroditic, they're dead humans, not fish.

Hm. Well, I'm currently setting the average age vampires die at at 300 years. Too short?

I was thinking that they appear to age slowly, but during the last 10 or 20 years age very rapidly. 

I was also thinking that Vampires are considered "undead" because the core of their existence is deconstructive, instead of constructive like life is. That's why they hate the sun/sensitive to sunlight which is a constructive force that gives life. They are in many ways the dark side of humans and have the worst of human traits (rigid control of the powerful, pride, selfishness, greed) and need a particularly rigid society so that they can survive and co-operate. 

I guess you can think of them kind of in a weird category like viruses. They reproduce but aren't fully "alive." The venom, once bitten, warps their energies so that they are in a lingering state, which I guess is comparable to being between life/death.

And yes, I've solidified my original vampire/vampire creation idea. It'll be like what Alexandra has said: a warping due to his stay in the netherworld, since his human soul wasn't meant to be there. In the beginning he was full of life and desire, but when it is unfulfilled he goes into a dark spiral. But because his life was so unfair and he was basically betrayed by the people around him, the higher power/gods gave him a second chance and the opportunity to exact his revenge on them IF he could survive with a scrap of humanity. So in a way both he and his betrayers are cursed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back