• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Tale of Two Families Reboot (Plenty of Roles Open!)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
August 7, 1950
New York City, New York

Exactly five years ago, the world saw the end of the bloodiest conflict it had ever known. With the surrender of Germany in April, and the surrender of Japan in August, the Second World War had come to a close, and the countries of the world took in a breath of relief. The hope for peace was high, and millions went home to their families, restarting the American economy, and sending it into a golden age. Automobiles, televisions, radios, all things once only available to the rich were now commonplace. America was booming, and all was going well.

But all was not as it seemed. For just under the surface, tensions were rising. Racial tensions, the Red Scare, and the reign of Senator McCarthy ensured everyone lived in fear of what was beyond their gilded, idylic American lives. The world was on the brink of another World War, one so massive and so destructive it could mean the end of humanity itself.

And in the middle of all this, in the heart of American finance and culture, were two families. Two families who have been fighting for so long, they don't even remember why. On one side is the Muscano's. The feared and respected heads of New York's Italian mob. Led by Alphonso Muscano, the family proved themselves ruthless in their protection of the family. Hung on tradition, the family is on the cusp of change, with it's long time Don ready to pass the torch to his young son.

On the other side is...the Hughes'. The undisputed leaders of the Irish mob, they were once just a joke in New York. After Al Capone kicked the Irish out of Chicago in the Twenties, their power began to wane as the rest of the mob smelled blood in the water. This all changed with Sean Hughes. The man single handedly saved the entire Irish mob, and turned them from a bunch of drunks and ruffians into a genuine criminal enterprise. By the beginning of the 1940s, they had carved out their place in the Big Apple, and with his twin sons serving in the War, he had easy access to surplus weapons. Now, the Hughes' are at the apex of the black market weapon's trade. You want a weapon? Don't have a gun permit? Go to the Hughes', they'll hook you up. But this empire is under the threat of collapse. Just a few weeks ago, Sean Hughes died from a massive stroke. With no clear successor, many worry his children will be unable to fend off the Italian's.

Turns out that's no longer a problem. To the surprise of everyone, Alphonso Muscano's eldest son, and the elders daughter of the late Sean Hughes revealed that they had secretly fallen in loved, and planned to marry. It was a risky plan, but it worked. Both families, tied by blood, agreed to stop fighting, if reluctantly. Tomorrow, the two will be brought together in holy matrimony. No one quite knows what will happen. But everyone can see a war is coming. Some see a threat to the way of life they've known since the Old Country, others see opportunity. Others see a threat to the American way. War is coming, and no one can stop it.

Hello, everyone! This isn't reboot to an RP I did a few months ago. Unfortunately, it ended due to personal reasons, and I want to bring it back! As the little opening crawl suggests, this takes place smack dab in the middle of Post War America. The Cold War has begun, and fear of a Communist takeover rules the heart America. Corruption is everywhere, and with that comes crime. This will be a historically accurate RP, though I won't be too picky. As long as you do the research, and respect the time period, I'll let it slide. Despite how poorly minorities were treated, I won't stop you from making any, so that means LGBT characters are allowed. Just be aware of how people reacted to it. If anything, I encourage it for drama reasons.

Anyways! Onto the families! Most of the roles are taken, but there are a few still open due to some old members not being able to come back or leaving.

The Muscano's

The Don, 55: Taken by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

The Don's Wife, 45-55: Taken by Goonfire Goonfire

The Eldest Son, 26-27: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Second Child, 24-25: Open

Third Child, 21-23: Taken by _amaranth_ _amaranth_

Underboss: Open

Capos: 2/3 (Just under the Underboss, each one in charge of a racket) _amaranth_ _amaranth_ Chaishi Chaishi

Mobsters: 0/5 (Self explanatory)

The Hughes

Mother Hughes 50-55: Taken by Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Eldest Daughter: 26-27 Taken by Arcanist Arcanist

The Hughes Twins, 24-25: 2/2 Taken by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford and ailurophile ailurophile

Third Child (Technically fourth, but whatever, right?) 18-20 : Taken by wendy wendy

Fourth Child, 14-17: Taken by SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Underboss: (The Eldest Daughter takes this role)

Lieutenants: (The equivalent of a Capo in the Italian mafia, one for each of the first three children) 1/3 Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Gangster's: 0/5

So yeah! That's about it. We do have a Discord for this, and I would very much like it if you had one for communication. If you want a link, feel free to ask for it! So yeah! Post here if interested!

CS: Realistic or Modern - A Tale of Two Families CS

Last edited:
Seems like the roles I would've been great for are taken so I'll just post this here as a friendly bump. ♥

Good luck with the roleplay!

Sorry, I met someone who wasn't a good person and my parents decided not to allow me on it for saftey

Oh wait, I was just looking through the CS and it says the Underboss is taken-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back