• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Tale of Friendship: Mesmerizing Merfolk

EricSings

I'd rather be in the jungle. <3
Links: CHARACTER FORMS
OUT OF CHARACTER CHAT

Setting: This role play will take place in San Diego, a city known for its beaches, attractions, and parks in California. The year is 2018, and summer is coming to an end. Weather is cooling slowly, and inhabitants are getting ready for autumn festivals and getting out their appropriate clothing. We begin the night our aquatic characters arrive in the pool.

Plot: Five young mermaids and mermen have been committing crimes throughout the entire North Atlantic Ocean. While their father has tried to reason with them, they fail to listen to him. He uses special magic to send them to the human world, and our mermaids end up in the pool in the backyard of a San Diego home. The ruler of the underwater realm, King Mesmo, orders them to befriend those they meet in order to return home. This is when the magic spell will be lifted, but they must get to the ocean with the help of their new friends.

Life on Sunshine lane will certainly never be the same once the mermaids and mermen arrive. The house they are summoned to belongs to a group of young friends, but unfortunately they have some nosey neighbors. Their neighbors eventually find out about the aquatic creatures, and immediately alert the nearest marine biologists. Men and women in dark uniforms arrive to take the mermaids and mermen to a specific marine lab to poke and prod them, though their new friends come to their rescue. After this act of love, our mermaids and mermen are free to return home.

May forbidden love blossom? Will this journey teach our aquatic characters a lesson? Let's find out! <3

Roles: At least three, but no more than five mermaid and mermen roles. They are to be between the ages of eighteen and twenty-six. (I give my mermaid characters some form of gills, I'm not certain if everyone does this... but I believe it makes more sense. xD)

At least three, and no more than five human roles. Males and females are wanted, and they are to be between the ages of twenty and twenty-eight.

** In folklore, a mermaid is a mythical creature with the head and upper body of a female human and the tail of a fish. A merman is similar, but with the upper body of a male human.

** Apparently, the term 'Merfolk' is from the game Dungeons and Dragons.

Rules: Follow RPNation rules, as always.

Last edited:
Are there any spots still available for a male/merman?

iZie_b00 iZie_b00 Sweet!

Abyss Abyss Yes, there certainly is.

** UPDATE: I will be playing the marine biologists when that scene comes. If anyone wants to chime in as them as well, you may.
I will also be playing a merman or mermaid, as well as a human. c:

If two more people show interest, I will go ahead and make the respective threads.

Last edited:
This is so cool! How variable are individual mermaids? Are there different types/noticable variances between them, or are all they all very similar to each other?

Abyss Abyss Your mermaid or merman is yours to create. For this role play, they match the definition I posted on the first post - I always add gills somewhere around their faces, though. xD

Last edited:
Abyss Abyss Your mermaid or merman is yours to create. For this role play, they match the definition I posted on the first page - I always add gills somewhere around their faces, though. xD

Ok, awesome....Hmm, not sure if I want to make a male or female mer character then----I have some ideas for both and a few character images that I've been dying to use XD

I think gills are a good idea. Mine would probably end up having them somewhere along the torso though, since the images I have place them on/around the ribs.

So if they've been breaking the law, mind me asking what kinds of things might have gotten them into trouble?

Abyss Abyss You know, I haven't been giving this much thought. xD They could have been stealing from other merfolk, vandalizing certain underwater realms, playing tricks on others, traveling to forbidden parts of the ocean, or maybe we can go as far as they used their beautiful singing voices to lure humans to their deaths. xD

Hmm.... I think then, that I will do a female shark mermaid who's crime was exploring areas that were out of bounds. I won't be online for a large part of the weekend so I'd also like to claim this image ahead of time XD

IMG_5166.JPG

I'm making a human character, but I have a quick question about this. Does the spell give the merpeople legs, or do they still have tails?

I said I was okay with either role and I’m finally going to make my character — so did you have a preference as to which one I should be? Or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back