• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Rivers and Frost

Minerva recognizes her name, and that’s about it, as she comes down to greet him. She grins, seeming to recognize the man. “Ah. I suppose if they had to choose someone expendable to lead this, it would be you.” The man can’t be more than twenty, his body shaking with how close he is to Graxag, his armor amplifying the cold.

She smiles at Graxag. “Thank you, my friend. He will be useful to us.” She says, seeming more relaxed and confident than he’s probably ever seen her. Her fort is defended perfectly, it seems.

Graxag nodded and sent out his wights to hide within the forest so that they could be used to engulf any invaders and serve as a warning to anyone else. “ If need, Be Eat.” Graxag said releasing a wight and carrying it back to the pantry so he could have a well earned meal. He would leave the rest to Minerva and check in once he was done with his meal.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva smiles, dipping her head to him, and has the man locked in the dungeon for someone more specialized to interrogate. He will make a solid enough randsome, assuming Cercei cares about him at all. She both doesn’t get along with her family, and gets along with them far too well.

After about an hour to finish his meal Graxag went to find Minerva. He wondered what had become of the hostage and what the next plan of action was. After a few minutes of searching, and getting lost a couple of times as well, Graxag did manage to find her. “ What plan?” Graxag asked keeping a fair distance between them.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva smiles at him, her stance still that more confident, powerful one from before. “Plan to exchange commander for materials. Make them give up things that hurt you. Leave them weak.” She explains. “Then start attacking supply roads. Stop them from getting more. Starve them till they are ready to attack.” The direct siege by the Lannisters was a bad plan. They should have moved more slowly, gotten their hooks in.

Graxag doubted that the human they captured was valuable enough to warrant the lioness disarming herself of the only things that could harm him. Unfortunately for the walker his grasp of the human tongue wasn’t enough to convey that thought so he just nodded and asked “ Why Attack? Purpose? Survive?” Graxag wished he had better command of his words but for now this would have to do.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

She taps her chin, thinking. “Example. Display strength. Let others know not to hurt us, hurt you.” If she makes an example of house Lannister, the other houses might think twice about attacking her for protecting Graxag. She knows well the position she’s put her house in.

Graxag nodded, he was fairly certain he knew what her plan was. If she displayed enough strength to the lions when they would have no choice but to back down despite the fact that she is harboring a white walker. “ Strength then Safe... how help?” Graxag asked looking over her shoulder.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

She smiles at him. “Still working on that. There’s a high chance she’s going to attack again. She might try to ally with other houses. Everyone will probably decide that you’re a more immediate threat than whatever they’re arguing about…” she looks over at him, trying to think. “You survive… any others? Family?”

Graxag shook his head solemnly, “ Graxag the Last. All Purged. Alone.” Graxag took a seat against a wall, “ Though Night Power Strong.” Graxag tried explaining that the night king embed Graxag with his power before his death effectively making him the new night king, but his grasp of human language was as frustratingly limited as before. “ You help talk?” Graxag asked gesturing between himself and Minerva.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva looks sad, wishing she could touch him. She listens carefully. “Will try.” She says simply. A couple of the others in the room wonder if they should be there, and one walks off to see if they can find warmer clothes for themselves.

Minerva purses her lips. “Trying to find someone who… speaks like you.” There has to be someone that knows the language. It’s just taking her a long time to make the connections that far north.

Graxag gave a brief sigh and nodded in resignation. He certainly didn’t know of any specific humans that knew his tongue, but if there were going to be any it would be The invaders who had been on the land of his people for generations. “ Nothing Do then. Wait.... When Attack?” Graxag asked getting off the wall.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva thinks about that. “Wait till speaker, I think.” She replies. “Wait till we understand each other better.” It really is frustrating to not be able to understand him other than these very simple conversations. She needs to know how to keep him safe, and more about what he’s actually capable of. She’s seen him fight, and heard stories. She wants to know more before she starts strategizing for real.

Graxag nodded, “ Then I rest. Wake. Need.” Graxag said in his usual broken manner before leaving the room to return to the pantry. Thanks to the food storage area being used as the bedroom of a white walker everything within had been flash frozen and preserved. The only inconvenience was waiting for it to thaw and trying to get something from there while the walker was sleeping. Which it seemed he did all the time unless he was needed.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva does eventually find someone willing to translate for her, but the woman insists on a promise that she will be protected, as well as a deal for food and resources for her family. Minerva goes to knock on the door to the pantry, the translator standing back a good distance.

“Graxag?” Minerva calls. “Found someone to speak with us.”

Like a dog perking up when it hears a noise Graxag lifted his head from his slumber at the sound of Minerva at his door. He was genuinely surprised that there was even someone to be found that spoke his language outside his kin, but he wasn’t going to worry too much about the details. Graxag opened the pantry door and looked between the Translator and Minerva, “ Where did you learn my language Human?” Graxag asked the translator. The white walkers were known for their friendly ties with humans. There has been precedent where the walkers would allow humans to live in peace in exchange for an infant to turn into a walker every so often.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The woman watches him warily. “The elders of my village. At first they just taught me to say that I was protected.” The pronunciation is a bit off, but she’s doing well for her accent. “I chose to learn more in case something went wrong. A disease, or someone else killing the elder. I am glad. Few remain after the war.” Minerva watches, wondering what they’re talking about, but she’s patient and respectful. He hadn’t been able to speak his own language for a while.

Graxag nodded, “Very well. We will be in your care. Now, let’s move this somewhere you two will be more comfortable.” Graxag said gesturing away from the frozen tundra that was the inside of the pantry. With the translator here they would finally get down to planning and understanding one another.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The woman nods, translating to Minerva, who grins. “Excellent. Let’s head inside.” She says, walking toward the main building where they’ll be more comfortable, but she’s ensured that there are no fires lit. The two women sit down on one couch, leaving the other open for him if he wants it.

Graxag takes the seat he is offered, ”Now that we can finally speak without any problems is there anything you’d like to ask before we continue our arrangement as it stands?” Graxag was relieved he didn’t have to stumble through the human language any longer. He could finally just say what me meant to say. First things first he needed to figure out exactly what Minerva wanted with his power.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The woman looks over at Minerva, translating quickly. Minerva pauses. “No. As it stands, you asked me for help, and I am willing to give it, as long as you help me protect my house. They are in danger now, but the Lannister attack is proof that we would have been in danger anyway.” The translator, tilts her head, but translates, not making comment on how trusting Minerva was to let him in here.

Graxag nods, beginning to understand her situation a bit better now. Humans were divided and easily set to squabbling between one another so long as there are no greater threats. When they are alone they are weak, frail. However, if given a chance to unify they are a force to be feared. That absence of fear and underestimating the humans was the previous Night King’s mistake. One Graxag didn’t intend to make again.

“ You saved my life and in turn I saved your house from destruction. A debt paid in full. I have enough wights here to kill your house and return to the Land of Always Winter without fear. Give me a reason.... why should I continue to help you?”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Minerva tilts her head once that is translated for her. “I would not attempt to keep you here against your will. Killing my house would be unnecessary, other than perhaps providing you with more bodies.” The translator looks slightly nervous. Minerva took that threat… surprisingly well. She expected coldness from the walker, but not from the woman.

Minerva continues. “That said, with you now having soldiers, the houses that hunted you before will do it again. Perhaps it would be better to eliminate at least this one before we part ways.” The translator has to think through the wording, but gets the message across.

Graxag couldn’t keep a straight face at Minerva’s answer to his threat and burst into a hearty laugh that sounded like shattering ice. He had expected pleading, and maybe even threats from the human, but not this.
“ All you’ve done is throw my question back at me Minerva; you didn’t answer my question.”
Graxag pointed a finger at the door and his wights began to wake up and walk into the hold.
“ It might be pointless, but more wights is never a bad thing. The travel from here to the north will be long. I might get hungry along the way.”

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

That does get a rise out of her, her eyes narrowing. She is no fool. This is not a fight she thinks she can win. But she will not allow her people to be slaughtered. “And you truly think they will let you live?” Her voice is low, but soft. She doesn’t shout under practically any circumstance. “They will close in, in a territory you are far from familiar with. You have fewer forces than before, even if you take mine.”

She gets up, taking a deep breath. “It would be safer to destroy them all, and I am far more skilled in their politics. If the one on the throne was allied with you, it would be safer and more profitable for you.” Her translator is staring at her. This woman must be insane. She thinks a small house could take the throne? But she looks at Graxag, sighing as she repeats the words in his language. This woman is a very interesting balance. Kind on one hand, ruthless on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back