• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
Cayden isnt gonna cave, just the demands for most of them don't mean all the much. Pardoning the Tully's only helps daennas cause and if the create further offenses hes already done his part and they can be punished accordingly. Bringing the Iron Born fleet down kind of helps the realm as a whole and wouldnt even cause any conflict with a ruler like Haelga, bringing the warrior ironborn to heel goes to nothing if compared to getting Tibers men and coffers, forcing the Reach to sell at a lost to the Westernlands is a good way to punish them for their rebellion, though Cayden may ask about a timelimit on this deal if there isnt one he wont be to concerned because it would be something to be solved long after the end of the war
The two he has problems with is because having Tiber chose the new lord paramount of the south could allow him to rule two of the strongest kingdoms and is then potentially dangerous and he wants to reserve Warden of the South for good service to be decided by Daenna herself so he'll try to negotiate that (already have a plan for this one i feel he might accept)

The most difficult thing to swallow and probably the hardest part to negotiate is the sea born tax as it could possibly alienate potential allies willing to follow Daennas claim and really risks hurting the Big ports on the other side of Westeros including Kingslanding. This will probably require some IC discussion if im being perfectly honest, its a very heafty term.
"Long after the end of the war" lol. Please, he would never just give his forces to a dornishman with maybe a little over 2,000 men for promises. First, Dornish are notorious for being filthy pricks. Second, I'm sure he would want everything on that list before swearing to anyone. Then comes the fact that he almost certainly won't even deal with Cayden no matter the false promises. (I assume false since Dornish)

I guess Haelgas gifts to the Ironborn will be gold and cuckholding by the Lannisters then?

Looks like everything will be easy breezy heh.

WanderingJester said:
It'll likely be in different terms, or no terms at all and just information on Cayden's backer. We'll have to see.
Understandable, it will be an interesting discussion and since it seems I'm going last in this round Robin negotiation I get some chances to see what it looks like

Elendithas said:
"Long after the end of the war" lol. Please, he would never just give his forces to a dornishman with maybe a little over 2,000 men for promises. First, Dornish are notorious for being filthy pricks. Second, I'm sure he would want everything on that list before swearing to anyone. Then comes the fact that he almost certainly won't even deal with Cayden no matter the false promises. (I assume false since Dornish)
Would be litterly impossible to enforce all those terms till the war is over, Cayden also believes they have 40000 dwarves which until he learns otherwise if they double cross then he'll continue to believe. Why wouldn't he deal with Cayden, not dealing with him is the same as refusing to meet Daenna

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Who said Haelga's going for the Salt Throne though?
If she's going for the Iron throne she won't win, Lannisters or not. It's kind of that simple

Akio said:
Understandable, it will be an interesting discussion and since it seems I'm going last in this round Robin negotiation I get some chances to see what it looks like
Would be litterly impossible to enforce all those terms till the war is over, Cayden also believes they have 40000 dwarves which until he learns otherwise if they double cross then he'll continue to believe. Why wouldn't he deal with Cayden, not dealing with him is the same as refusing to meet Daenna
I believe it being impossible is the whole point. He's not looking to join any side in this conflict. He wants the Reach, not to help anyone take King's Landing. Besides, I would find it difficult to believe in his position that Ibben would be joining in on any conflict in Westeros. Of course, that would be a pretty grave mistake, but one that it would seem like everyone there would make given Ibben's history and the fact there isn't much (that most would see) that could draw them to Westeros.

WanderingJester said:
Oh man, now I really want to see Haelga come back and talk to Tiber. Isn't she still at Lannisport or the Rock though?
The rock. I was going to write her into the feast of you were ok with that. Getting a good chance to talk to everyone.

Also to be fully honest, getting the Ironborn to abandon raiding is going to be pretty easy. If you look at the Vikings in history, you can see that the reasons they abandoned raiding are just about all here. (Except joining the main continent's faith)

Elendithas said:
I believe it being impossible is the whole point. He's not looking to join any side in this conflict. He wants the Reach, not to help anyone take King's Landing. Besides, I would find it difficult to believe in his position that Ibben would be joining in on any conflict in Westeros. Of course, that would be a pretty grave mistake, but one that it would seem like everyone there would make given Ibben's history and the fact there isn't much (that most would see) that could draw them to Westeros.
Cayden does not plan to distract him from his war on the Reach, he even plans to assist to remove them as a threat. Honestly till Daenna comes to Westeros he can give a fuck about Kingslanding, all he will want to do is prepare for her arrival by making her allies as strong as possible and weakening her enemies. Till Daenna comes to make her claim he has no need for the Iron Throne

SirDerpingtonIV said:
We will see ;)
She has no support from her own people by going against thousands of years of tradition, is part of a people hated unanimously by all of Westeros, and has no viable way to claim the throne and on top of that isnt particularly skilled at warfare. I want to see what this plan is

SirDerpingtonIV said:
The rock. I was going to write her into the feast of you were ok with that. Getting a good chance to talk to everyone.
YES! And barge into his office! WE HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS TO NEGOTIATE!

Like the future of House Greyjoy on the Iron Throne and House Lannister as their main supporters, plus both of our houses getting even more rich out of our minds.

Akio said:
Cayden does not plan to distract him from his war on the Reach, he even plans to assist to remove them as a threat. Honestly till Daenna comes to Westeros he can give a fuck about Kingslanding, all he will want to do is prepare for her arrival by making her allies as strong as possible and weakening her enemies. Till Daenna comes to make her claim he has no need for the Iron Throne
She has no support from her own people by going against thousands of years of tradition, is part of a people hated unanimously by all of Westeros, and has no viable way to claim the throne and on top of that isnt particularly skilled at warfare. I want to see what this plan is
You'd be surprised by how tradition can change, and how easily money can change a man's mind.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
You'd be surprised by how tradition can change, and how easily money can change a man's mind.
B-but you just said you weren't going to be in the Kingsmoot?

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Usually yes, but the fact is the Ironborn are known basically to be among the most stubborn about returning to the oldway. Trying to buy them off will actually alienate some of the more traditional Ironborn who believe is taking things by the Iron price like Sigfried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Usually yes, but the fact is the Ironborn are known basically to be among the most stubborn about returning to the oldway. Trying to buy them off will actually alienate some of the more traditional Ironborn who believe is taking things by the Iron price like Sigfried.
Too bad people supporting the old way are dying like flies thanks to Conn.

Lancelot said:
B-but you just said you weren't going to be in the Kingsmoot?
The kingsmoot that isn't going on right now?

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Too bad people supporting the old way are dying like flies thanks to Conn.
The kingsmoot that isn't going on right now?
Well none of the Ironborn are dying recently...

And I may have misinterpreted your post I thought you mean't you weren't going for the Seastone Chair when you said Salt Throne as thats what they called it in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back