• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (A Sneak Peek) The Blood Crown

Melpomene

Writer of Tragedy|Art by ROYTHEART|
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

And thus, blood has been spilled and life has been taken. The crown of blood remains upon a head. Blood for the Blood King , forever may he reign.
Hello strangers,

You have been gathered here today for a reason. The very reason why the King wishes to see all of you dead. The very reason why you have been brought here. Safe and tucked away from the evil atrocities which have destroyed the land outside. Safe from the eyes of the Gods themselves, given the love and protection needed to survive. Some of you may have found safety with me earlier. Others... I may have been far too late. And for that, I apologize. But you are here now. And you are needed.

The King grows more powerful with every day that passes. By now, he would have killed me. My death means little to the world, I know. Most will not even know that I have left life. Except one. And he shall help you more than I ever could. You have no reason to trust me, or him. But, in good faith, you shall do what is needed of you.

The King. I have already mentioned him. The Gods... my memory wanes. They have been working on me for years and I have nearly broken.

The King. The King. The False King upon the false throne. The false Gods whom support him. The Blood spilled and the destruction which looms upon the horizon. The blood crown has been broken, the pieces spread across the world. The black plague is coming. Magic is in danger.

A cosmic war has started. The Gods battle and all that is good is dying. You have to have seen it. All of you. The crumbling world. The destruction. The plagues and the disappearance of so many o magical blood. Oh my dear strangers... It weighs so heavily upon my soul. I could have been one of the ones to prevent this. I could have saved you all the trouble. All the heartache. All the death. But I have to throw you in now.

The King raises an army, the dark Gods have helped him empower it. Look within yourselves, I beg of you. For bravery. For goodness. Something resides within you. Something special. Something which was waiting for this very day for you to capitalize upon it. I call to the Good Gods, may they help you. May you help them. May good be restored to the world. The King does not need much more time. Their reach extends beyond our own realm. The Rose of Life shudders with every blow they deal its stem.

My dear heroes,

Godspeed.

-----

The man pressed the letter to his breast, his eyes glazed over as the blood dripped from the corner of his mouth. Bruises had already begun to form beneath his eye. Cuts, small yet so angry, littered his face and arms as he pushed against the cold winter wind. The snow fell thick and strong, covering every blade of grass, obscuring what was once spring in its cold embrace. None would escape its clutches as the sun only fell farther towards the horizon. With every day that it set came the question of whether it would rise. Or would that dark blanket that was forever looming over them finally suffocate them to death, leaving naught but destruction in its wake?

The man knew not. He only knew the letter that was pressed to his heart as he trudged to the doors of the sanctuary with the final person in tow. His lips were chapped. Everything hurt. The magic which he had let loose left him feeling weak and lethargic. But he had to keep moving on forward. He had to. It was what his master had demanded.

"The true King must once more wear the Blood Crown. The true Gods must once again take their place in the heavens. Death must come. Through that blackness, we will find the light."

The man pressed his lips together, blinking the final tears away as the hand of his master left him for good. The door, large and imposing, stood before them now. Ancient runes were etched deeply into the wooden doors. Very few would know the meaning of them now. But the man had studied them since he was young. The man had become one with them. By some twisted fate, he had come to be the master of the place which he was once a prisoner.

'Sanctuary' The runes read. He licked his lips yet again.

Not for a God.

But for these humans, however...

He let his eye wander over the final person. So young and fresh. His master would have liked them.

But he said nothing to the final person that wandered behind him. Instead, he spoke the ancient tongue, and the doors opened, letting them come into the warmth of spring. And to meet the rest who were saved from their deaths.

Hey hey hey! I am The Inquisitor, and because summer is going to bring much more free time for me, I thought I might as well try to start up a new group RP! I have not been a GM in a while, and I must say that from what I remembered, it was really fun! So, you guys don't want to hear me ramble, so let me get to the point.

I posted this because I had an idea for a story, but before I got too invested in making this RP, I wanted to make sure there were actually people interested in it. If not, then I think I will just turn it into a novel or something. But if so, then hey, hey, I can live out my dreams as a GM!

Since I tend to be on the high end of being too dramatic when it comes to my writing, let me go ahead and explain the plot.

The Plot: The Old King and all who were heir to his throne have passed away. No one knows where they have gone. Caught in the crossfire of war, and made to reap the consequences, The Old King now sits, buried in his tomb. The New King has come and taken over, claiming the throne in peace, but keeping it through war. This was only a microscopic cog in the catastrophic plan of the Gods. The Nererdar Gods believe they have spent too long being looked at as the lesser, the weaker, the ones undeserving of even a glance from Vishna, their King. The Ygsil Gods have always dominated them. But no longer. The Neredar Gods have risen, and they wish to destroy what is and make something new from it. The world. The Realms. They wish to tear them apart, destroy all within them, and make something beautiful. But a select group, ones which have something within them which connects them all, have a prophecy behind them. Either they shall save the world, or they shall be the reason it ends. Depending on what they choose, all will either thrive, or all will perish.

So, first and foremost, here is what is to be expected in the RP:
  • I wanted this to be an epic fantasy, much like LotR with many quests and such for the characters to complete.
  • In this RP, I expect every character to go through their own arc. Character arcs are what make the story for me, so while I, the narrator, throw the many terrible things at them, I am going to be really interested in seeing how they react and the story they forge for themselves.
  • In this RP, there will be multiple realms to past through, though the characters themselves can only be from the realm which we start out in.
  • A text based story, this will not be quite like DnD, but I believe there will be some rolling for damage and combat and such, to keep characters from being overpowered and for combat scenes to rum smoothly and without hitch or argument.
  • Expect a lot of blood and death. Of course, it will not be overly gorey, but I have a love for dark fantasies and you will see it shine through here.
  • Expect a lot of collaboration. The thing I will always think of first is how to keep you guys happy. So, I will be willing to work rather closely with you all when it comes to creating your character. I will also be very open to any world-building ideas or plot points to have. Do not think of me as a stranger, I promise I do not bite C:
  • Finally, unfortunately, I cannot handle a completely open RP, so I am going to have to limit membership (outside of some who may be helping me co-GM) to 2-8 people at a time.
If I get any interest, I will post a lore page and such so people can begin deciding certain aspects about their characters. I will also give more details about what I expect out of the characters and other such information.

So, if you are interested, leave a message in the comments. If not, well... I won't hold it against ya and I will try again with some other idea. :)

Ciao for now

--The Inquisitor

Mentions: Remus117 Remus117 (get over here, hoe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back