• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A slightly Different kind of "Isekai"

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, this is an idea that's been floating around for a couple of weeks. The idea is a sort of mix between the tradition "trapped in an mmo" and and the usual isekai.

Simply put, the idea revolves mostly around the 'second chance' aspect of isekai. Where, young people who died tragic deaths are given a chance to literally create a new life, in a new world. Even down to their looks. The world itself is your usual fantasy rpg-styled isekai world, with adventure guilds, stat points, monsters, etc etc. The main difference being that instead of everyone who "gets isekai'd" not having the choice and needing to do some arbitrary "Defeat the evil Demon Lord" task in order to get this second life, they're simply.... given a new life, sometimes with memory of the old life, if they chose so.

Granted, this doesn't mean there aren't "Evil Demon Lords" in this new world, it IS a fantasy RPG world after all. One pops up every now and then, some people get 'chosen' to fight them, sometimes they're isekai'd people, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes the demon lord themselves are the isekai'd people.

While yes, I am interested in knowing if people would be interested in doing such an RP, I am in no way looking for 'x' amount of players to do some structured plot-driven RP that ends with defeating one of the many "Demon Lords" that show up in this world. While yes, there will be an action-adventure element to the RP, it will mostly be a Slice of Life one. Specifically, one that doesn't have a set end-goal. So, if you're still interested after reading that 'disclaimer' then please, feel free to mention so.

(Also, as an extra I would prefer it if the people who show interest actually have the time to post at least once a week. I'd rather not have another RP of mine die, simply because people either lost interest, or didn't actually have time to post. Don't get me wrong, I won't force people to post if they do lose interest, or if they don't have time anymore. But that doesn't mean I'll be okay if people silently drop the RP.)

If you know of anyone else who would be interested, and would have the time to post, feel free to direct their attention over here!

Agreed, hence why I made an interest thread on it.

And so, I ask you the same question. I'm making the CS and OOC threads later tonight, any questions before I do so?

What would happen if the demon lord isn't evil? Would the heroes still try to kill them? 🤔

Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Thank you for asking that specific question, it's the one I was actually hoping someone would.

The idea is that while the world is mostly a generic fantasy isekai world, there are a few differences. There are thirteen big 'clans' of Demons at all times, though what they are changes over the years. Normally, they are too busy 'arguing' among themselves to pose any real threat to the rest of the world. The "Demon Lord" would be any person who could unite all thirteen under one banner or cause, thus potentially being a 'threat' to the rest of the world.
There have been a few times in the history of the world where the "Demon Lord" wasn't exactly true evil, but was perceived as such, simply for being the demon lord.
~~
And on your second question, I'm not sure. It depends on the nature of the character I suppose. That is, it'd be on a case-by-case basis. If they're doing it for malicious reasons (Such as... with the goal of being a Demon Lord...) then obviously something will be done, in the world itself. I won't, and will mostly refuse to god-game the RP, unless it is absolutely needed.

Thanks, and I can imagine the heroes thinking that the demon lord is evil. They then end up meeting the demon lord, and the demon lord is drinking some tea, and asking the heroes if they would like some. 😂

Thanks, and I can imagine the heroes thinking that the demon lord is evil. They then end up meeting the demon lord, and the demon lord is drinking some tea, and asking the heroes if they would like some. 😂

Well... the last "Demon Lord", before the start of the RP, in fact had vanished before the heroes got to them, and is now missing presumed dead.

That is strange, and if the demon lord is nice. I bet the heroes wouldn't have any reasons to kill them, since they don't want to bring trouble to the world.

I do want to confirm a couple of things -
it’s implied that the reincarnators get to choose if they remember their past lives in the interest check. If they choose not to, is there any actual evidence they are reincarnated?
If they choose not to remember, can those memories be jogged later in their reincarnated life?
Are they miraculously reborn as generic looking teenagers ready to pick up a suite of girls out of thin air, or are they raised as any other resident of this world from being a baby?
Where do we go to get d e e p e s t lore?

That Lass Over There That Lass Over There
Well, right now, this thread is the only source of info on the RP, as it's not really based on any one thing, but mostly the idea of an Isekai.

To answer your proper questions. No, if they chose to forget, they forget and are reincarnated as their chosen selves in the truest sense of the word. All "Reincarnators" are born normally, that is none are just suddenly there like in most isekai. That is, more like Saga of Tanya the Evil or "My life as a Villainess" then Konosuba or NGNL. They're all reborn, but only the ones who opt into keeping their memories will have them, weather at birth or after some event joggles them to the surface.

As for the other part, there is no distinguishing factor that separates the 'reincarnators' and those who weren't. Yes, some may be reincarnated with slightly higher than average strength, or magical ability, etc, etc. But beyond that, there is no "These people are chosen heroes." Like I said at the start, sometimes the "Demon Lord" is someone who is a reincarnated person.

This RP's driving 'plot' point is, again, the very concept of "Given a second chance at life, in another world."

The premise reminds me of Kumo desu ga... Can the reincar!ated born as monster? Since they would be reborn as baby, what would be the starting point of the RP?

Ace Cream Ace Cream
I've yet to see/read that, though I have read the LNs of Tensura. (Yeah... I can't wait for Season 2... especially if they kick off right where Season 1 left off. Which was right at the bloody start of one of the best/darkest arcs of the series.) To answer, yes, they can technically choose to have their 'new selves' as some form of monsters, which do follow a set expected evolution tree, similar in style to Tensura or RE:Monster (A series like Tensura... but more 'adults only' so to speak... I'd like for it to get an anime, but I doubt it will.)

As for your second question, it'll be some arbitrary date in the world, but the 'players' of the RP will be limited to have characters older than 13.

So incredibly hype for Demon Lord Harvest Festival. And if you enjoyed that part of slime, then Kumo Desu Ga would definitely be up your alley, would highly recommend it.

Yeah, it's been on my list of things to watch eventually for some time now.

Now if only KissAnime was still around....

It's a good thing that you bring up the age, and I hope nobody ends up making a bio of an reincarnated character being able to talk or use magic as a baby. 😂

Well, I'm not sure it counts, but Amos in Misfit of Demon King Academy is TECHNICALLY only two months old at the start...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back