• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Siren's Call

Dante sat on the couch, listening to the otherworldly music. It was both eerie and beautiful at the same time, calling to him. He walked to the bedroom and leaned against the doorway, watching Naomi sitting on the edge of the bed and staring out the window. The music seemed to him mysterious, and yet it revealed everything. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard.

Somehow, it reminded him of the ocean. The rolling notes, the beautiful tones, it was as fluid as the water that he had loved all his life. It even seemed like the waves themselves were crashing against the shore in time with the song. And so he stood there, listening and watching. He had no idea how long he had been standing there, but he didn't care much for time right then. He didn't care about anything at that moment, besides Naomi and her song.

As Naomi sung her song, staring out the window at the ocean, she was tempted to move closer to the sea, though wasn't sure if she would be able to walk all the way there on her own and back. As curious as she was about land, she'd be lying if she said she didn't love and miss the sea as well. She knew she could go back, though part of her was really enjoying herself here on the island, land, and with this human, Dante. Hearing noise behind her that a human wouldn't be able to detect, she stopped her singing quickly, knowing that her song - as well as any other mermaids - was like toxic to humans. She glanced over her shoulder, looking at the male "I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" she asked, having thought he was sleeping.

"No, I couldn't sleep." He replied. "That was a beautiful song. I wasn't aware you could sing like that... What was it about? I'm not sure I recognize the language it was in..."

She smiled a bit at him "Thank you.....we have only just met, so it's no surprise you didn't know" she said with a light smile though it turned a little sad when he asked what it was about "The sea" she commented briefly before looking back out the window "It's about where I'm from, and the ocean.....it's a lot of metaphors of the waves of the sea and the loneliness within it despite how vast it is" she explained as she leaned against the wall by the window, not commenting on his remark about not recognizing the language. After all, it wasn't a human language that existed, and it would be hard to explain that to him if he asked...

"You still haven't told me where you're from..." He replied. "And how you got here. It's not a place somebody can just wander to. Do you have any family or friends here?..."

Naomi watched him from the corner of her eye, her golden orbs seeming to glow in the dark room as she smiled a bit mischievously "I have some friends and family that live around here...yeah..." she said. It wasn't particularly a lie. They did live nearby, in the sea though. She left that part out, of course. She made a point not to really answer his indirect questions, such as when he mentioned she hadn't told him where she was from, or how she got there. She only answered his direct questions, to try and keep from revealing too much about her true identity, all her answered being vague and inconclusive, such as her having family that lived nearby.

"Should I contact them to let them know that you're here? They're probably worried sick..." He replied.

Naomi frowned a bit and tilted her head in confusion "How would you plan on contacting them?" she asked, not knowing the humans had such devices such as cell phones and what not. Since, of course all electronics didn't work underwater so the merpeople hadn't any form of instant communication like that. She didn't know humans had something like that up here on land.

"If they live near here, then it would be a simple matter of finding them and telling them in person, correct?"

She blinked a bit "Oh..." she trailed off, not too sure how to get out of that one "My family isn't that worried about me, don't worry" she said as she tried to brush it off, since of course if they went looking on land they wouldn't find them "Im sure I can make my way back to them on my own. If I wanted to, anyways" she muttered the last part, since right now she was in this situation because she had run away from home. Or, technically swam away.

Naomi shook her head, offering a small smile "Don't worry about it. You should be getting back to sleep, right? You'll be exhausted all day tomorrow if you don't get a good nights rest" She warned him as she moved away from the window and back to the bed "Are you sure you don't wish to take your bed? You said you hadn't been able to sleep..." she commented.

He sat on the bed. "I guess I'll sleep in the bed... But only because you insist. And I'm not kicking you out of it..."

She smiled a bit "You can't really kick me out of something that isn't mine to begin with" she commented, but understood what he meant. She smirked a bit as she laid down beside him, laying on her stomach as she rested her head in her arms, looking up at him "Are you going to turn red again though?" she questioned teasingly as she smirked at the male. That blushing expression she'd seen on him before was new and interesting to her, since it was cold in the sea and they were more cold blooded creatures so they couldn't really blush underwater.

Dante blushed again. "I didn't think you could see that..." He hides his face under the covers. "You just had to embarrass me, didn't you?" He teased. "Funny, the one that's actually wearing pants is the one that gets embarrassed..."

Naomi giggled a bit as she found his reaction amusing "Thats so cute! Wait, don't hide!" she giggled reechoing up and pulling the covered off of his face, or trying to, at least. "Come onnn, let me see! I've never seen a human turn red before. This is how you show embarrassment??" she inquired, her curiosity getting the better of her and thus not realizing her slight slip-up, calling him human. She kept talking, not even realizing what she said "Pants?" she asked again "ah, so that's what they're called. You wear pants?" she asked as she comfortably slipped under the covers beside him "Why?" she asked, wondering if all humans wore these things called pants.

"Because the media believes that going nude in public is wrong, so some places make you wear them. But in some places you don't. And you confused me. You said you've never seen a human turn red before. Like you're not human..." He propped himself up on one elbow to look at her. "What did you mean by that?..."

She looked at him curiously, trying to see his red face but noticed it went away. "Ah, thats weird....it went away so fast" she said staring at his face and trying to see any more redness. She blinked a bit, distracted by her disappointment when he started asking more questions regarding what she meant by saying human. She was silent for a moment, before shuffling under the covers, getting comfortable "You ask a lot of questions, you know" she muttered "I'm not sure I recall. I must just be really tired. Goodnight, then" She said, ending the conversation as she turned onto her side with her back towards him, hoping he wouldn't pry further.

Dante chuckled to himself. "Alright, goodnight...." He replied. After she fell asleep, he noticed that she was pretty cold, so he moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist to try and warm her up. He couldn't help but notice that smelled almost exactly like the sea. He fell asleep to the sound of her breathing and that smell...

Naomi closed her eyes, glad he seemed to not push the subject. Perhaps he'd forget about it by morning. Closing her eyes and relaxing as she got comfortable on her side, it didn't take her very long to fall asleep. Feeling his arms wrap around her in her sleep, she smiled a bit and snuggled closer to the warmth around her, sleeping soundly. It wasn't until the next morning that Naomi woke up, and not until the later hours of the morning.

Dante was still asleep when she woke up, and showed no sign of waking up soon. His arms were still wrapped around Naomi, and he was muttering softly in his sleep.

Naomi didn't wake up until the later hours of the morning. She shifted a bit in her sleep, slowly opening her eyes to find herself confused to see a chest in front of her. Blinking a bit the confusion left as she realized she was in Dante's arms. She smiled a bit, before wiggling out of his grasp, finding herself incredibly thirsty, and her throat dry and scratchy. She winced, rolling over as she slipped out of his arms, looking for water. But not knowing how a house worked, what sinks or faucets were, she had no idea she could attain water that way.

Dante woke up at the disturbance. Sitting up, he asked Naomi if something was wrong after noticing her looking for something.

Turning to see Dante wake up, she felt bad "I'm sorry, did I wake you again? I was just looking for some water. I was really thirsty..." she said with a slight frown as she looked over at him "I didn't mean to wake you up. How did you sleep?" she asked, hoping she hadn't caused too much trouble or anything.

"I slept fine. And you don't have to apologize for waking me up." He replied with a smile. "I'll get you some water." He said after getting up. He hurried to the kitchen to fill up a glass with water and handed it to Naomi when he returned to the bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back