• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Shadowed Kingdom

Ravenclaw

A Shadowed Kingdom
Character sheet has been posted here!

Fantasy-village.jpg

This roleplay is plotted, but with a flexible storyline, room for relationships and characterization to develop, and plenty of opportunities for improvisation.

Plot
Intro
This kingdom has a caring king, loving queen, and beautiful princess. Its people never want for food, and everyone is content in their lives. Close to the throne, however, is the king's brother—a man notorious for being a bit... off.

Meanwhile, back in the woods the runaway and the beggar run—literally—into one another. The runaway is fleeing another kingdom after they foolishly and selflessly took the fall for a crime she did not commit; the beggar is seeking shelter after his previous place of "abode" was demolished for construction. Before they can do more than speak, a mysterious masked man arrives on horseback and quickly ropes both of them in (via blackmail, bribes, and threats) to helping him with "a little project."

Conflict
The princess, feeling a bit bored and being very perceptive, begins to notice that her uncle is acting peculiarly. He keeps leaving halfway through dinner, claiming to have "important meetings," and won't even look her in the eye anymore. Meanwhile, the stable boy—who has always admired and respected the princess—confides in her that, while passing by the dangerous forest the other day, he could have sworn he saw her uncle suddenly disappear.

The beggar and the runaway follows the orders given by the mysterious man, known only by a first initial. But when their acts become increasingly dubious and cruel, they begin to second guess everything they've agreed to.
The Quest
The princess and the stable boy embark on a quest to get to the bottom of this. As they soon realize, the uncle—villain—is trying to amass an army of creatures and, it would seem, conniving with three evil wtiches. He wants to kill the king; he wants the kingdom to himself. And it is up to the princess and the stable boy to save it. With the help of the beggar and runaway, who betray their master at an extreme risk... they do.
Info
Reply if you would be interested!

GMs: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw & Daisie Daisie
Questions
Feel free to ask any questions below!

Magic: Inspiration for this came from Narnia, so there will be magical/mythical creatures and witches, as well as dark vs. light magic, but otherwise commoners lead fairly normal lives.

Combat: ...will again be comparable to Narnia. (There won't be very much combat, for the record.) Think two armies of humans/animals/creatures/etc. engaging mostly in physical fighting, though magic could certainly make an appearance.

The Suns
Princess (taken by Daisie Daisie )
Beautiful, young, and unattached, the princess is far more resilient and headstrong than meets the eye. She loves her kingdom and loves her life, but part of her is bored out of her mind—despite the massive library stocked only for her, and the uncharacteristic freedom allotted by her parents. She dislikes the men that have thus far been presented to her; if she's being honest, she finds the stable boy not only attractive but humble, kind, and intelligent.
Stable Boy
The stable boy has practically grown up at the castle. He's spoken with the princess only a few times throughout his life, but she was always very kind to him and once lied to prevent his dismissal. He has always known she was capable—has always believed in her—and as they travel, journey, and adventure, the two will develop a strong friendship.
King
As leader of his kingdom, the king is nothing if not gallant and receptive to his people's needs. His flaw and blind spot lies in his own belief that every single person is well meaning. He also takes somewhat for granted the fact that as king, no one would dare or want to harm him. His relationship with his brother has suffered as he got married and took the throne, but in his eyes they are still old friends.

The Shadows
Runaway (taken by Ravenclaw Ravenclaw )
The runaway has grown up in an adjourning kingdom. Daughter to a single ailing mother, she raised all eleven of her siblings alone, and it was not until she took the fall for a man she loved that she was forced to abandon them all. She is now wanted and hopes every day that the man she sacrificed herself for will return to find her.
Beggar
The beggar was orphaned at a young age and, like the runaway, knows all too well what it is like to be hungry and wanting. He is, in reality, an outgoing and well-mannered young man, but starvation and poverty have hardened him. With the help of the runaway and the excitement of a new and risky journey, he may just start to get his old self back.
Villain
The villain has had enough of everyone adoring his brother. He's a bit cunning, a bit charismatic, and always was a bit odd. But he believes that in the case of impending war, his brother would not have what it takes to command an army and make executive decisions. As a result, the villain must be ruler, and he will achieve this goal at any cost.{/slide

Last edited:
This sounds like Hamlet, anyway, I'd be happy either doing Stable boy or the Beggar or the Villain,

I'd be curious about generally the world as far as magic goes and how exactly you saw it, like are we going to see high fantasy combat or is it more a kind of investigative down to earth scenario? ^^:;

It would be good as well to know about the flexibility of certain roles, and in particular if any more could be added.

I'd be curious about generally the world as far as magic goes and how exactly you saw it, like are we going to see high fantasy combat or is it more a kind of investigative down to earth scenario? ^^:;
I'll have to talk to Daisie Daisie (this is a half-baked idea, despite having plotted it) but part of our inspiration was basically Narnia level magic/fantasy, if that makes sense? We'll have mythical/magical creatures (centaurs, fauns, minotaurs, etc.) and magic (witches, mostly), but combat will be like Narnia (movie) combat and mostly physical. Witches have magic, commoners don't, although magical objects and spells exist. Let me know if you have other questions!

I'll have to talk to Daisie Daisie (this is a half-baked idea, despite having plotted it) but part of our inspiration was basically Narnia level magic/fantasy, if that makes sense? We'll have mythical/magical creatures (centaurs, fauns, minotaurs, etc.) and magic (witches, mostly), but combat will be like Narnia (movie) combat and mostly physical. Witches have magic, commoners don't, although magical objects and spells exist. Let me know if you have other questions!
Gotcha. Alright just wanted to get a better idea about the world and in particular the 'flow' of things and how it would generally (roughly) play out.

Questions box has been updated.
XD I just now noticed, and figured if anyone else hasn't noticed, they should know, too.

One more thing, Ravenclaw Ravenclaw
Would you add a preferred post length to the 'Info' box? I don't want to be stuck with someone who wants to write super detailed, and thus being stuck trying to make up paragraphs in response that is made of content that isn't quality.

A Shadowed Kingdom
Fantasy-village.jpg

This roleplay is plotted, but with a flexible storyline, room for relationships and characterization to develop, and plenty of opportunities for improvisation.

Plot
Intro
This kingdom has a caring king, loving queen, and beautiful princess. Its people never want for food, and everyone is content in their lives. Close to the throne, however, is the king's brother—a man notorious for being a bit... off.

Meanwhile, back in the woods the runaway and the beggar run—literally—into one another. The runaway is fleeing another kingdom after they foolishly and selflessly took the fall for a crime she did not commit; the beggar is seeking shelter after his previous place of "abode" was demolished for construction. Before they can do more than speak, a mysterious masked man arrives on horseback and quickly ropes both of them in (via blackmail, bribes, and threats) to helping him with "a little project."

Conflict
The princess, feeling a bit bored and being very perceptive, begins to notice that her uncle is acting peculiarly. He keeps leaving halfway through dinner, claiming to have "important meetings," and won't even look her in the eye anymore. Meanwhile, the stable boy—who has always admired and respected the princess—confides in her that, while passing by the dangerous forest the other day, he could have sworn he saw her uncle suddenly disappear.

The beggar and the runaway follows the orders given by the mysterious man, known only by a first initial. But when their acts become increasingly dubious and cruel, they begin to second guess everything they've agreed to.
The Quest
The princess and the stable boy embark on a quest to get to the bottom of this. As they soon realize, the uncle—villain—is trying to amass an army of creatures and, it would seem, conniving with three evil wtiches. He wants to kill the king; he wants the kingdom to himself. And it is up to the princess and the stable boy to save it. With the help of the beggar and runaway, who betray their master at an extreme risk... they do.
Info
Reply if you would be interested!

GMs: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw & Daisie Daisie
Questions
Feel free to ask any questions below!

Magic: Inspiration for this came from Narnia, so there will be magical/mythical creatures and witches, as well as dark vs. light magic, but otherwise commoners lead fairly normal lives.

Combat: ...will again be comparable to Narnia. (There won't be very much combat, for the record.) Think two armies of humans/animals/creatures/etc. engaging mostly in physical fighting, though magic could certainly make an appearance.

The Suns
Princess (taken by Daisie Daisie )
Beautiful, young, and unattached, the princess is far more resilient and headstrong than meets the eye. She loves her kingdom and loves her life, but part of her is bored out of her mind—despite the massive library stocked only for her, and the uncharacteristic freedom allotted by her parents. She dislikes the men that have thus far been presented to her; if she's being honest, she finds the stable boy not only attractive but humble, kind, and intelligent.
Stable Boy
The stable boy has practically grown up at the castle. He's spoken with the princess only a few times throughout his life, but she was always very kind to him and once lied to prevent his dismissal. He has always known she was capable—has always believed in her—and as they travel, journey, and adventure, the two will develop a strong friendship.
King
As leader of his kingdom, the king is nothing if not gallant and receptive to his people's needs. His flaw and blind spot lies in his own belief that every single person is well meaning. He also takes somewhat for granted the fact that as king, no one would dare or want to harm him. His relationship with his brother has suffered as he got married and took the throne, but in his eyes they are still old friends.

The Shadows
Runaway
The runaway has grown up in an adjourning kingdom. Daughter to a single ailing mother, she raised all eleven of her siblings alone, and it was not until she took the fall for a man she loved that she was forced to abandon them all. She is now wanted and hopes every day that the man she sacrificed herself for will return to find her.
Beggar
The beggar was orphaned at a young age and, like the runaway, knows all too well what it is like to be hungry and wanting. He is, in reality, an outgoing and well-mannered young man, but starvation and poverty have hardened him. With the help of the runaway and the excitement of a new and risky journey, he may just start to get his old self back.
Villain
The villain has had enough of everyone adoring his brother. He's a bit cunning, a bit charismatic, and always was a bit odd. But he believes that in the case of impending war, his brother would not have what it takes to command an army and make executive decisions. As a result, the villain must be ruler, and he will achieve this goal at any cost.{/slide
I'm interested! Could we call roles/ reserve them?

Hey Squad141 Squad141 , a bit of a misunderstanding happened! We will not be reserving roles. ^^ Sorry for the confusion!

Okay! I'd love to reserve the stable boy, please!
Sorry about that! I just like to look at the CSes first to see who's a good fit (just like whose description works well with the princess and other cast), but if you're the only one filling one out for the stable boy and expressed especial interest that'll definitely give you a leg up!

I'd like to join, but I imagine the King and the Villain don't have very prominent roles in the central interactions that would create the story, I'll volunteer for the King, but I'd also like a character that travels with the four mains if I cannot play one of the 2 available.

I'd like to join, but I imagine the King and the Villain don't have very prominent roles in the central interactions that would create the story, I'll volunteer for the King, but I'd also like a character that travels with the four mains if I cannot play one of the 2 available.
Okay, that works! Right now it looks like we have people who've expressed interest in the villain and stable boy, so that would leave the beggar for you. We'll see who wants to play what, and we might make up a couple more roles if there's enough interest :)

Okay, that works! Right now it looks like we have people who've expressed interest in the villain and stable boy, so that would leave the beggar for you. We'll see who wants to play what, and we might make up a couple more roles if there's enough interest :)
The beggar it is.

This sounds like Hamlet, anyway, I'd be happy either doing Stable boy or the Beggar or the Villain,
Gotcha. Alright just wanted to get a better idea about the world and in particular the 'flow' of things and how it would generally (roughly) play out.
Questions box has been updated.
XD I just now noticed, and figured if anyone else hasn't noticed, they should know, too.
I'm interested! Could we call roles/ reserve them?
The beggar it is.
Character sheet has been posted here!

Is the beggar still open? And also, is this limited to humans?

Is the beggar still open? And also, is this limited to humans?
Yes, we still haven't chosen everyone's roles. Well, we were thinking of potentially adding extra roles so they could move with the adventurers and guide them (like centaurs, fauns, dwarves, etc.) but we weren't sure. If you wanted to come up with a non-human and how they would fit into the plot, you can run it by us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back