Idea A School for Gods

Zero Two

munch munch
A School for Gods
Idea for someone with more experience as a GM
So there I was washing my hands before I take a shower... and BOOM. Kinda cool idea hits me. A school for young gods in training, at the school they'll learn universe building, basically how to create their own universe/world they'll oversee.

A slice of life roleplay for all the Mary Sues out there. School
experiences, friendship, drama, except everyone is a god/goddess. It'll basically portray everyone and their struggles as they ATTEMPT to make their own worlds and inhabitants and probably fail at doing so, well, for awhile anyway.

Just a fun idea, I don't know if it has been done before or not, but if anyone wants to take the idea and twist/add on to it and make it into something more amazing, that would be nice. Maybe a school for demons, and they train how to kill people and destroy worlds? I dunno it's whatever lol

(On a side note, I'd like to see a roleplay with one of the key features being that your character could die at any minute. and can be killed by other characters.)

Personally I'd love the see it be a serious rp where the conflict comes in the form of gods eventually fighting eachother as they grow older. Which leads to a world shaped by clashing titans while ironically showing why humans fight.

because their gods DID.

I think the base idea regardless of slice of life is creative. I don't think anyone else could do it better. If anything, I'd just get a couple people to advise you along the way.

This sounds super interesting! I also like still watching fma still watching fma 's idea too! I don't think I'd join if my character could be killed off ay any time, but the idea of young gods trying to learn how to control their powers while potentially leading to a pantheon with tons of infighting is fun.

I had a similar idea, except with the deities co-existing in a polytheistic pantheon by definition and some being born gods and some being mortal candidates for apotheosis.
This gave rise to a a character I now have nostalgia for, but do not know if he'd fit into this. Perhaps there's a place for angels or other divinely ranked helpers in this roleplay?

I'm not sure, I just threw the idea out there so others could get inspiration from it. And as far as the characters being able to die at anytime was a separate idea I just wanted to throw in.

definitely sounds like an interesting and fairly unique idea with a lot of potential. i don't have the time these days to work with something that complex as a gm but i hope it takes off for you if you'd like it to. maybe consider co-gming it with someone if you'd like a bit more rp experience running it?

on a different note, i'm another person who wouldn't join any rps where characters can be killed without their creator's permission so i don't really have a comment on that concept. there are probably people who'd be into it, but it would be more niche on this site from what i've seen, especially if other characters/players can kill them and not just the gm. it'd be interesting to see how something like that would work and i'd probably read it just cuz it's quite different from the usual rules, but it's not something i'd actively rp in.

If Mui and maybe someone else wanted to do this as co-GMs, I'd be down to GM- I totally dig the concept :3

Just a quick reminder, this is not a place for recruitment. If you really want to go through with this idea and start up a rp, please make a thread in Group interest checks :)

This is an animated series on YouTube! And it's really good :) I'd definitely be interested in something like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back