• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A RP

How much do you love Raeney?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Margaret sighed and knelt beside Clarissa, beginning to pick out the glass shards by hand. "What were you doing, to where your foot got this injured?" She asked, seeming amazed that a mess so hazardous would be left in the building by the maids.

"But we're gonna look stupid," Valen complained. "And I don't want to look dumb.!" He dropped his arm and pouted.

Zach blushed slightly and looked up at the ceiling, too. "Um... thanks, I think." He didn'f know what she meant, but he wasn' going to mention it.

Yin and Yang: Li Fei and Li Jian
Selan Sisters: Adele Meyer and Rachel Meyer
Phase 2: Sacha Antanya and Delancey Antanya
Polar Flare: Stella Taylor and Jonathan Taylor
Kleos Omada: Anne Svenson and Mac Svenson

no slide

"Filthy magic users." Jian heard the conversation from a few tables away. He and his sister were in the mall food court after a brief shopping splurge. Neither of them had used magic, but Jian was sure that the fact they were twins was reason enough to believe them so. Foul words and rude laughter was audible at that distance. Jian ignored them best he could and continued to eat the crappy asian food offered in the mall.

Fei was visibly tensed at the other side of the table, her plastic fork snapping in her hand. She suddenly stood up, her chair flying backwards and clattering into the wall behind her. “You got something you wanna say, say it to our faces you cowards!” She snarled, the entire court growing quiet. She sauntered around the table, her fingertips trailing across the top of it before she stopped beside Jian, her back to him. “I’m tired of all the dirty looks you give us. The whispers behind our backs. The horrible rumors you spread about us! I could kill all of you within a second if I wanted to. But I don’t. Because I’m not the monster you’re making me out to be! And neither is my brother. So keep our names out of your filthy NON MAGIC USER MOUTHS!” She boomed, her hand slamming on the table, the sound echoing across the large room.

Jian stood abruptly, his chair scraping softly on the ground. He set his hands on his sister's shoulders. "It's just words, Fei," he said in a calm voice. "They like when you get angry over what they say. It shows you care what they think." Jian went around her and blocked her view of the crowd. "Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they bother you." The people in the mall seemed a bit taken aback at how the girl twin had blown up. Her brother looked a lot more aggressive, but apparently looks didn't define the two of them.

Fei looked up at him, her eyes narrow. She reached forward, grabbing both of his forearms, her grip tight as she tried to calm herself. “I can’t take it anymore, Jian. They’ll only continue to mock us if we don’t do something about it!” She hissed, her breathing quick and her body temperature rising. The group of people nearest to them began panting and fanning themselves, her emotions getting the best of her and her power getting out of control. “People like us shouldn’t be taking shit from people like them. We could end them all so quickly! There wouldn’t be any witnesses we could leave without a trace!” She increased her grip, as a couple fell to their knees, both of them holding their hearts.

Jian felt the change in the room as the air seemed to grow thick with fury. He pulled his twin into a hug, pressing her to his chest. "Calm down, Fei. You're strong, yes, but if you hurt any of them you'll become the monster they think you are. Don't prove them right."

The people on their knees fell to their stomach as he pulled her into a hug. “I just want them to accept us.” She said, barely wrapping her arms around her brother. “We didn’t do anything to deserve being shunned by everyone not like us.” She held her breath for a moment, the couple now having trouble breathing. She wanted them to die. She wanted them to pay for what they had done. But she let go before they could stop breathing entirely. You could hear them gasping and sputtering and saying something about monsters before the entire group scurried away. “I hate them. I hate all of them.” Almost the entire room cleared out, all except a woman dressed in business attire, her eyebrows raised in interest.

Jian stroked Fei's back lightly. He was worried about her lately--she'd been moody and absent. Jian worried she was like a ticking time bomb. He saw the woman over her shoulder approaching. She pulled an envelope from her blazer and held it out to the twins. "Fei?" Jian said, letting her go to face the strange woman.

Fei pulled away almost instantaneously, a poker face made of stone on her face. Her whole demeanor had changed, her shoulders back and her head high. “Is this a complaint letter or something?” She asked, snatching away the letter from the woman and tearing it open carelessly. She skimmed her eyes across the first couple of sentences before she placed a hand on her hip. “We’re already enrolled in a school, lady. Why should we drop everything and pack up to come to this place? We’re trying to blend in not draw more attention to ourselves by going to a school for ‘gifted children’.” The woman took off her glasses and placed them in her chest pocket while she smoothed out her clothes. “Your powers are out of control. This school is a place where you can learn how to hone your skills instead of letting them run wild. It’s free and open to all who need it. And by the looks of it, you two need it.” Fei rolled up her sleeves. “And what the hell is that supposed to mean?” She demanded, her temper rising once again.

Jian put a hand back on Fei's shoulder. He leaned down to her, lowering his voice. "I think this could be good for us. We'll be with more people like us."

“What could they teach us about our powers that we don’t already know?” She whispered back hastily, her narrowed gaze staying on the woman in front of her. “Do you really want to move again for blind hope? We don’t know if they’ll even be people like us there. What if we’re the guinea pigs of a big experiment? I don’t want to get our hopes up just to be let down like we have so many times before.” She glanced back at Jian, her expression strained now as she desperately wanted a place where they belonged, but she was tired of being tricked.

Jian sighed and leveled his gaze on the strange woman. "I think we should at least give it a try." He hoped he was making the right decision.

Last edited:
Welcome to ???

Sacha snored obnoxiously as his body was draped on top of Delancey. As soon as they had gotten into the car, he had practically passed out. It didn't matter where he was, Sacha could always find the opportunity to nap. There was even a bit of drool dripping onto Lance from the corner of his mouth. His limp body lurched forward when their mom slammed on the brakes and announced they were at the school. The drive had been a decently long one, lasting at least a couple of hours. He would've gone flying over the armrest beside the passenger and driver seat if it hadn't been for his hindquarters being halfway phased through the seat. He grunted and looked around, dazed and confused as he tried to get up while their mom began unloading the car. "Lance," He muttered, a scowl on his face as he squirmed. "Delancey- I can't get up." He pushed back on the seat as he attempted to yank himself free. "My ass is stuck! What in the fuck- MUM!"

Delancey broke into loud laughter. He half fell out the car, bent over and unable to breathe. After a good long minute of people at the front of the school staring, Lance leaned back in the car. "Maybe get your ass unstuck, bro," he said, hooking his arms under Sacha's armpits. "Phase out of it and I'll pull ya."

Sacha wanted to spat out a witty response or another threat, but he didn't want to risk the chance of Lance leaving him stuck in the seat. He focused as much attention as he could to phasing just his arse so he wouldn't fall straight through Delancey's hands and let his brother yank him out of the seat. He stumbled, almost falling face first onto the pavement, but held onto his brother for support. "Thanks, mate. Thought I was gonna die in there." He said breathlessly, a sheepish grin on his face before he shoved his brother away playfully.

Delancey dusted off his clothes. "Bye, mum!" he said before closing the car door and popping the trunk. Lance hadn't been focusing on a glamour, so it faded away as he started unloading their luggage. A few people looked puzzled by the bags walking themselves.

Sacha grabbed his suitcase and duffle bag. He didn't get a chance to yell a goodbye to their mom before she was driving off. "I can tell she's missing us already." He grumbled to himself as he followed after Lance. Sacha snickered to himself as he saw his brother's bags floating in the air. "Oh no! There must be a ghost on campus! Casper? Is that you?" He yelled in a girlish voice before screaming in fake fright.

Delancey rolled his eyes. "You're not funny, mate. Your jokes need work." As they entered the building, a few older students were standing in the entrance hall with signs that told new kids to head to the gym on the left.

Once in the gym, all of the new students were told to group up into numbers no greater than 10 and take a seat on the floor. This was one of the ways how all of the new kids would be able to get to know one another before classes started up in a week or two. Sacha immediately latched onto Delancey and yanked them to a random group. He made his brother set his bags down before they sat and then they waited for the group to fill.
|| Stella sighed and looked around, a crossed expression on her face as her and her brother weren't ones to make friends so easily. Since her and her brother were just standing around, one of the older kids guided them to a small group that was made of only one boy and a couple of girls. She sighed and took a seat next to the boy, dropping into an Indian style sitting position quite suddenly. She was mortified when she felt someone's legs beneath her. She could've sworn no one was sitting there! She yelped, this being the only girly sound she'd ever let out in her life as she flailed in panic.

Delancey yelped too, grabbing the girl who'd sat on him before she faceplanted into the floor. When he felt her back suddenly be flush against his chest, he panicked and gave himself the first glamour that came to mind before he slid her off of him, scooching to be closer to Sacha. "S-Sorry!" || Jonathan was startled when Stella squealed, and he watched her float above the ground for a second before a second Stella appeared beneath the original. "What the hell?!"

Sacha jumped, eyebrows furrowed as he looked over. It took him a minute to process what had happened before he gave a single snort and fell onto his back laughing. "Not even 24 hours in! gasp and you've already been sat on!" He choked out as he rolled around on the ground. || Stella's face hadn't been as red as it was now in all her life as she turned to see who she had used as a sofa. She screamed when she saw a just as embarrassed Stella looking back at her. "What the fuck is that?!" She shouted as she scrambled to her feet, practically falling into Johnny as she stared down at herself in now angry bewilderment. "That's me! But it's not me!? I just sat on myself! What in the hell is going on?" She was heating up by the second. Whether it was from embarrassment or fury, she didn't know.

Delancey looked down and saw that he had boobs, nice legs, and small feet and blinked rapidly. "Oh, um, that happens." He glanced at his brother and quickly switched his glamour to look like Sacha. Everyone in the group was looking at him like he had a crazy power. || Jonathan chuckled and grabbed Stella's hand, tugging her down. His naturally cool skin felt like it was melting compared to hers, which was flushed and warm from embarrassment. "Chill, Stell."

Sacha sat up, having to hold his aching gut as he still giggled a bit. "That was the highlight of my week." || Stella reluctantly took a seat beside the boy who had been her just a second ago, her eyes narrowed. "Sorry about sitting on you..." She said everything slowly as if she were trying to read him and see if he was going to turn into her again. "But how did you do that? Can you do it again? Can you change into anyone? Are you always invisible? Do you have a kink where you like being sat on or something?" Here came the questions. It didn't matter if she knew you or not, but Stella was bound to drown you in questions at some point as she always had to find out if you were a threat or not. Or if you were worthy enough to become friends with her and her brother.

Delancey elbowed his brother in the side before turning back to the new girl. "I'm normally invisible, but I can change how others percieve me." He blushed at her last question, eyes landing on her legs very briefly. They were really nice. "Ehh, I don't think it's a kink. It just happens a lot."

Sacha elbow Delancey back, but doing it twice as hard before he vanished, having gone into a world of his own. He then reappeared beside a girl, trying his best to fake flirt so no one would have any doubts about his preferences later down the road. Everyone in the group had turned their attention away from Lance, each of them showing off their powers to each other. Though Stella was still fixated on him. || Her narrowed eyes had finally rounded out, her expression softer but still on guard. She reached back, her arm looping around Jonathan’s neck before she yanked him forward. “You can turn into anyone? Even him?” She was pointing at her brothers face as she held him in a head lock, her finger then going to Lance. Once the group had finished introducing themselves, they all looked to Johnny and Stella. They whispered about how they didn’t have any powers and how their parents were probably rich and that’s how they got in to such a school. That was most definitely a first. Being accused of not having powers. But Stella was preoccupied at the moment and didn’t seem to hear them.

Delancey looked between the girl and her twin thoughtfully. "Uhh yeah, I can." He switched his glamour to look like the boy, and then he heard the others' comments and he slowly faded back to invisible. All the attention he'd been getting was enough for him, and now that there was a distraction he could be forgotten again. In reality, he wasn't fond of being forgotten but it was what always happened. It was comfortable at this point. || Jonathan pulled himself from Stella's grip and turned to the group. He clasped his hands together in front of him, frost beginning to creep over his fingers and knuckles. Wisps of freezing air lifted from his hands, which he then opened to show a single snowball. "Keep talking and you'll be the first to get a subzero hardened ball of ice to the forehead," he said with a mischievous grin. A couple of the girls were enchanted by his eyes, which had suddenly begun to pulse faintly between their normal dark blue and a pale silvery blue.

Stella was a bit startled when Delancey’s physical form dissipated, but she was still able to see a faint outline of where he was. Everyone had it, their own little outline of themselves that she was able to see. It was his heat signature. But since everyone she’d ever been around was always visible to her naked eye, she’d never noticed it before. She smirked as she heard Johnny, but leaned in close to where she could get a better look at Delancey, their shoulders almost touching. “This might come as a bit of a shock, but I can still see you.” She whispered, everyone else still zoned in on her brother. “You can’t hide from everyone, you know. And I won’t forget you so easily just because you’ve become a bit harder to find.” She grinned, scooting a bit closer to him and clasping her hands together as Jonathan had. “Got a favorite animal?” She glanced up at him through a wall of hair, her hands beginning to go red, a bit of light peeking out through the cracks between her fingers.
|| Sacha was intrigued by Jonathan’s power though there was a cocky expression on his face. “I’d like to see you try to hit me with one of those.” He challenged, having not revealed his powers yet. The ball would just phase right through him!

"Uhh, falcon," Lance said, but he inwardly cringed. Falcons ate bunnies, which were his real favorite animals.
|| Jonathan raised a brow and flung the ball of ice at the other boy. Shards of ice flecked off of his fingers and shattered against the floor.

Stella gave Delancey a skeptical look, but shrugged and focused on her hands. The light coming from them became brighter and more vibrant as heat was coming from her fingers in waves, it being hot enough for Lance to feel. "One falcon coming right....Up!" She held her hands upwards so none of her flames would fall on her or Lance. She had to unlace her fingers before her hands spread open wide, a ball of fire bursting from her palm. A couple people gasped and scrambled away from her, but she sat back and watched her own firework show as it unfolded, completely unafraid. The ball began to fall back towards the ground until it sudden spread feathery wings and began flying around Delancey, it making sure to keep a safe distance so he wouldn't get singed. It was hard to make out, but the flames were taking on the shape of a small falcon. "Foxes and rabbits are more my specialty, but I can just about do any animal as long as I keep practicing." She grinned openly as she watched her creation slowly vanished into nothing but cinders. She tucked a loose curl behind her ear as she turned her attention back to Delancey, an outstretched hand held out in his direction. "I'm Stella. And I can do a lot more than just make bunnies and rainbows, so try to stay on my good side and I'll keep on yours, okay?" || Sacha smirked, remaining completely still until the ball was literally about to touch the tip of his nose. Just before it could though, he disappeared, the ball knocking a boy in a different group in the back of the head. There was obnoxious giggles echoing all around them before Sacha suddenly dropped into Jonathan's lap. He glanced up at the boy, his eyes widening with alarm before he jerked away, sliding onto the ground beside him. "Heh heh... Told you that you couldn't hit me." He said awkwardly, a forced smile on his face as he ran his fingers through his hair anxiously.

"You look a little flushed," Jonathan observed, his smile never faltering. "I can cool you off, if you want. It's my specialty," he said, spreading his arms. || Delancey hesitantly shook Stella's hand, expecting her hands to be scorchingly hot. Instead, they were comfortably warm. He thought someone with an inner flame would probably be a great cuddler--like a human heating blanket. Embarrassed, he shook his head, glad she couldn't see his emotions on his face. "Delancey Antanya. Most people call me Lance."

Sacha's jaw practically touched the floor as he gawked at Jonathan. "I-I'm not gay." He was practically whispering as he looked around, checking to see that no one had heard himself or Jonathan. "I've got a girlfriend back home." He added, imagining Delancey telling him otherwise in the back of his mind. "So I don't think she'd appreciate me rubbing all up against someone else. And a boy at that." He crossed his arms and stared at the floor as if it were the most interesting thing on the planet.
|| "Most people tend to take the boring route, Lancey. So I'll call you that instead." She smiled openly, this being one of the few conversations she'd ever had with a kid her age that wasn't her brother. She could see that Lance's outline was getting brighter, this meaning that his body was was heating up. She kept that thought to herself, liking that she could kind of read what he was thinking or how he was feeling by how high or low his body heat was. "Can you turn back into yourself? I feel like this conversation would go a lot smoother if I knew whether or not I was staring at your crotch this whole time. It's kind of hard to tell exactly where you are and where exactly everything is." She laughed to herself, grateful that her and her brother were finally getting a chance to be normal. Well, as normal as they could be anyway.

Jonathan rolled his eyes at the guy's feeble protests. How anticlimactic, he thought. || Delancey sighed very softly. "This bloody is me," he muttered, and after a few seconds he took up his brother's appearance. "This isn't." Lance then saw Sacha's humiliated expression and nudged his brother fondly.

Sacha shrugged away from Delancey, his face crestfallen. Dammit. And he was actually cute too. He kept glancing back at Johnny as he cursed himself silently for ruining his chances so soon. Guess I’ll have to break up with Becky next week. he snorted to himself and then began mingling with the other members of the group.
|| Fei sighed as she and Jian stood at the entrance of the gymnasium, her bags in hand as her and her brother had taken the wrong bus and ended up on the other side of town. “This was a mistake.” She muttered, her glowering stare on the ground. “Everyone has already been talking and getting into their cliques just like they do everywhere else. We’ve already screwed ourselves at a chance of not being outsiders.”
Orientation
Adele slid past the two twins standing in the doorway, a gloved hands clasped down on her sister’s wrist. They had both been assigned to show twins where they were going to be staying. “You remember when we were like this? Feels like it was only yesterday, huh?” She weaved her and her twin through the crowd, being incredibly cautious not to touch anyone with her bare skin.

"Don't be so down, Fei!" Jian whined. He flung one arm around her, ushering his twin inside. Most everyone was younger than them, since 18 year olds typically had been in the school for a few years. Ah, well, too bad. "Look at all these little kids," Jian said. "Let's make friends." || "It's really weird. They look so freakin' young." Rachel didn't like vulgar words even as the 'extreme' half of her twin, so she tended to substitute them. All the fun without the icky feelings. "We're so old now."

Fei was tempted to shrug off Jian’s arm, but it surprisingly remained where it was as it gave her a small amount of comfort. “This isn’t a place to make friends.” She grumbled, her hand reaching up and taking a hold of his wrist as it hung beside her cheek. “Let’s just do whatever it is we need to do and then leave as soon as we’ve done it, okay?” She winced as some of the younger kids began yelling about how old the two of them looked. “Promise me.” She gripped his wrist tightly, not wanting to be in this place a second longer than she had to be. || ”I like the term matured, thank you.” Adele shoved Rachel teasingly into a girl that wasn’t paying attention and snickered when she fell over, Rachel staying upright since she was till holding onto her. “I’m surprised they trusted us to be the welcoming committee, considering what happened last time.” Long story short, Adele and her sister tended to cause a lot of problems when the new waves of kids started trickling in each year. She let her sister go once they reached the stage at the front of the room. She stomped up the stairs obnoxiously, purposely making her footsteps echo so everyone would quiet down. Once she stood front and center, she took off her gloves, a smug expression on her face as she waited for her sister to join her. Every year when the new students came in, a set of twins would always welcome them, give them a run down of things, and to lighten everyone up they would always start it with a demonstration of their powers. “Good morning everyone! My name is Adele, and this is my twin Rachel. Before we begin the boring stuff, I’d like a volunteer! Is there any soul brave enough to join us onstage?” She kept her chin held high as a cheeky and cheerful grin spread across her face, her eyes bright with excitement.

"Don't be a stick in the mud," Jian complained. He looked around at the other new kids. "If it's actually bad here, then sure. But we might like being around people like us," he said. || Rachel watched as no one moved to stand. She waited a few more seconds before rolling her eyes. "You get a free kiss from your pick of the two of us," she advertised, and a few guys plus a girl or two slowly got up. They all chickened out when they saw Rachel's challenging expression, and the sisters were left with no one. || Mac felt bad for the twins onstage, and so he grabbed his sister's wrist and tugged her up without discussing it.

”Don’t count on it.” Was all his sister said as she let go of his wrist, her arms crossing as she watched a new set of twins join the older two on stage, an eyebrow raised. Anne yelped and stumbled up the stairs as she was dragged along by brother, her eyes wide. “H-Hey! I didn’t sign up for this!” She tried, attempting to yank away, but she was much weaker than him as far as physical strength went. Adele squealed in excitement as the two younger twins joined them onstage. “Thank you for your participation!” She said, careful to touch them both over their clothes as she moved them beside her. “You look like an interesting character. Tell me your name and your power, if you please.” She looked to Mac, barely able to contain her pumped up energy as these demonstrations were always the highlight of orientation for her.(edited)

"I control air. Like, the element," Mac said, a little abashed at the feeling of every pair of eyes in the room falling on him. "Air? So you just blow stuff around?" Rachel purposely looked bored. This kid had to feel judged in order to describe his power more. "Um, no, like, I can... Well, yeah, I blow stuff around but I can also choke people or make a tornado or, uh, condense clouds? Press the air together to make a really thick cloud that rains? Or just press air together I guess..." || "Poor kid," Jian said, and then he nudged Fei. "Wanna go up next? Show them there's nothing to be afraid of? Maybe they'll think we're cool and want to be friends."

Fei stiffened. “Oh yeah, let’s go up there. I’ll just slice my hand open, fling my blood towards the audience and see how friendly they are towards us then.” She watched the boy onstage as he stuttered nervously, something tugging at her heart. “I guess... it wouldn’t hurt to try.” She said reluctantly, her gaze dropping to the floor.
Adele shot a warning glare to her sister, telling her to lay off before she smiled at the boy again. “Sounds pretty cool if you ask me, right?” She yelled, trying to rouse the audience, a few calling back in agreement so the kid wouldn’t feel too bad. Adele then turned to Mac as she grabbed him by the shoulders. “This’ll feel a bit weird, but just trust me, okay? I’m not going to hurt you.” She whispered before she reached up, her palm cupping his bare neck. She shuddered lightly at the contact, having been a bit rusty as she hadn’t done this in while since she had to ‘control herself’ and everything. She pulled away, a smirk on her face. “And let the games begin.” She went over to a small table at the back corner of the stage, a large stack of papers on them. She picked them up and headed back towards the front of the stage, everyone watching her with confused expressions. “You see, my power is basically the most badass one ever. Just with a simple touch,” she tossed the papers into the air. “I can copy the ability of the person I’ve come in contact with.” The papers began to fall, but she held up her hands, and the flyers soared upwards and glided around the room in intricate patterns and designs. Everyone gasped and stared with wide eyes at the show above them. Adele moved to where the papers were over the stage before she let go, the flyers falling around them like snow fall as she grinned triumphantly. “Alright, so who’s next?” Stella nudged Johnny with her shoulder. “We could show them how it’s done.” She whispered, glancing over to Lance.(edited)

Rachel turned and placed a hand on wind boy's sister's shoulder. "Hey, Adele, we got a straggler," she said, nudging the brunette toward her own sister. "You wanna?" Jonathan asked, watching the stage with a small smile. "Our powers are a lot more intense than that kid's." "We can wait to go last, so there's no pressure, okay?"

Anne jumped and stumbled forward, almost face planting though she was barely touched. That shows how much balance and grace she had. “I-I’m just up here for him! I don’t want to show off anything.” She tried, tugging away from Rachel’s hand on her shoulder and going behind her back once more. Adele glanced over to Anne and her sister, unable to keep herself laughing at the sight of someone hiding behind her sister. Usually they were hiding from her. “Hell yeah. Let’s show them we’re not the people to mess with.” Stella cracked each of her knuckles one at a time before she stood up and headed towards the front, dozens of heads turning when she walked. Fei continued to watch Mac as he stared at the girl Adele, everyone wowed with her powers. “So cute..” she almost choked on her own saliva as she realized she said that out loud and began coughing and spluttering in embarrassment. “Shit!”(edited)

Johnny followed Stella, the two of them hopping up on stage with a lot more confidence than the previous group. "I'm Jonathan, and I have power over ice." He cupped his hands and then held up a vaguely frozen heart, showing it to the audience. Jonathan got Stella to blow on it, and the soft ice lifted into the air as a foggy vapor in the shape of what it'd been. || Rachel raised a brow. "Little flirts aren't they?" she observed, flashing an amused look at her sister.

Stella flipped her hair out of her face as she stood in front of Jonathan. “And I’m Stella. I have power over fire.” She held up her hand, her index finger pointing into the air. She had a constant smirk on her face as she began drawing out numbers in the air, each one made out of flames. At the end she drew an S inside of a heart and blew the phone number out towards where Lance was sitting. She made direct eye contact with him and held her other hand up to her ear and mouthed the words call me silently before she winked and gave a small boy, everyone cheering for the two of them.|| ”I wish I had that much confidence.” Adele snorted as she snuck up behind Stella, giving her a light tap on the arm before she suddenly turned and hurled a massive fire ball at her sister, the whole gymnasium seeming to gasp in unison. “Rachel!” She yelled, the two of them having practiced this unexpected maneuver plenty of times.(edited)

Rachel didn't even move, letting the flames hit her straight in the chest to the alarmed sounds of the kids in the gymnasium. A couple were standing to go get help, but then they froze, in awe. The heat seemed to sink into Rachel, and a glow of orange spread outward across her skin, first down her arms, then her neck, face, and bare legs. Her figure had a warm halo. Then, she clasped her hands together, concentrating on the heat building between her fingers. Rachel slowly let the ball of fire glow until it was almost the size of her torso. That was when she threw it to the center of the ceiling. The sphere burst, crackling and then dying as ash floated down onto the audience. "So, who's next?" "Geez," Jian said. "They sure know how to put on a show." He led Fei up to the stage, a little nervous after the lightshow. They couldn't really top that. "Bloody hell," Lance said. He hadn't had time to be embarrased by Stella's unabashed flirting. Those older twins had powers he'd never even thought of. Then again, he supposed generic powers like his weren't all that interesting.

Sacha’s face was the color of a ripe tomato as he watched Johnny grinning on stage. “F-fuck me.” He muttered before he suddenly vanished, needing a moment alone to regain his composure.
“What do you suppose we do?” She whispered to Jian hastily, now nervous as to what people would think of her gory powers. Adele practically tackled her sister, a giddy smile on her face as they hadn’t totally screwed up in front of dozens of kids. “We’ll for sure be on the committee again next year!” She held onto her sister as she waited for the final twins to show their talents.

"Wing it." Jian turned to the older twins and asked for a pen. Rachel had been pleased with herself, going back over her little light show as the boy twin asked for a pen. She dug around in her pockets and handed one to him. "Gimme something to work with," Jian said to Fei, and when she cut herself and flung a handful of blood into the air, Jian focused on the collection of falling droplets. They shifted into the forms of 2 daggers. Jian caught them quickly and tossed them to Fei, so she could show her fighting skills as he uncapped the pen he held and doodled 3 small birds on the palm of his hand.

Fei took bandages that she always had wound around her wrist and quickly wrapped up her palm before she twirled the daggers expertly in her hands. She put one in the waistband of her jeans as she turned to Mac, one of the daggers still being twirled though her eyes were on him. “Come at me.” She instructed, a casual smirk on her face. A couple of guys nearest to the stage snickered, whispering about how she’d get taken down within a second.|| Stella had hopped off the stage while everyone else was distracted and found her spot next to Lance. “You got a phone?” She asked, her head tipping to the side innocently as her body radiated heat, the tips of her fingers still glowing red with her flames.(edited)

Mac's eyes went wide. "Y-You sure?" he said, and the girl's glare gave him his answer. Mac took a step forward and opened his hand in front of him, palm out. A gust of wind flew through the windows and wrapped the girl in a tight, spinning funnel of air. Mac wasn't trying to actually be harsh with his powers, so this was just going to make it harder for her to move fast. It was like trying to move through gelatin. || "Uhhh, no. My mum took it before we left because she wanted us to actually talk to people." Lance rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. Jeez, he sounded like a 10 yr old.

Fei seemed physically frozen for a moment as she took in her surroundings. She let her body get used to the feeling of something weighing it down before she glanced up at Mac, their eyes meeting as she grinned. She forced her blood flow to increase, her body practically vibrating with energy before she ran forward with no problem, her movements not slow. If anything, they were quicker than usual. She charged at him with ease and ducked behind him, her arms going under his as she grabbed a hold of him. She grunted in slight effort before Mac was sudden flung over her and thrown onto his back with a loud thud. She jumped on top of him before he had time to realize what had happened and held the tip of her dagger to his throat, strands of her hair falling in front of her eyes as she panted, a triumphant smile spread across her face.|| Stella nodded thoughtfully. “I respect that. But I’m still going to mess with you for it.” She shoved her shoulder against his with a small grin on her face.

As the boy fell, Jian blew into his inked hand. The lines peeled off of his skin and started becoming 3D, sprouting feathers and a beak. The newly-born birds lifted, fleeing up towards the rafters. Mac winced when his back hit the ground, and then he made a face, sucking his upper lip into his mouth and raising his brows. "That knife's getting pretty intimate with my arteries, isn't it?" Rachel clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. The freshmen all snapped out of their drop-jawed expressions and a brief smattering of applause circulated around the gym. The new kids looked back at the two girls on the stage. "You'll notice 2 tables near the exit. Find your table and wait in line to be given your dorm room and assigned classes. Adele and I will be waiting to bring everyone to the dorms to get settled in, so hurry up."

Fei stared at Mac, her eyes full of intensity before she sat back, her blade being lowered and put in the loop of her belt. She rubbed her face as she suddenly snorted, her entire body soon shaking with girlish giggles. “Yes. Yes it was.” She continued to laugh lightly as she got off the poor boy, a hand being held out to help him up. “Thanks for being my personal punching bag. Hope I didn’t hurt you too bad.” She raised an eyebrow in a teasing manner. Adele glanced over at Fei and then to her sister and then back again a couple of times before she kicked her sister lightly. “Should we let her be walking around campus with those knives?” She asked in a low whisper, not wanting to take them from her herself. Stella stood up with a groan, her body twisting from side to side as she popped her back. “Well, I guess I’ll see you around, Lancey.” She waved to Delancey before ducking into the crowd to find her brother.

Mac pulled himself up with the girl's help. "I think I'll be okay," he told her. "My neck's pretty relieved, at least." Rachel rolled her eyes. "Always making me do the dirty work," she mumbled, and then she tapped the Asian girl's shoulder. "Students aren't allowed weapons unless in battle class or under supervision." She held out her hand for the knives. Jian awkwardly stepped up behind his sister. "That's... probably not the best idea," he told the older twins. || As Lance watched Stella leave, Jonathan welcomed his sister into the line. "What're you most excited for?"(edited)

Fei tched, giving a silent shrug as she placed the knives in the girl’s hand. They remained there for a moment before they suddenly lost their solid form and became blood once more, red liquid oozing all over Rachel’s hands. “He told you it wasn’t a good idea.” She snorted before tugging her brother away. Adele barely kept herself from fainting, the sight of that much blood making her queasy. “Never take weapons from a student ever again.” She said before turning away as she gagged. ”Our room’s. I can’t wait to just get a bed and never leave it.” She yawned as she said this, all the social interaction and being nice to everyone taking a lot out of her. “You think we’ll be in the same room? They have to let twins be together, right?”

Jian looked back at the gagging girl, a guilty frown on his face. He could've warned them better than that... Rachel's eyes went wide and she instinctively wrung her hands, blood splattering hers and Adele's clothes."We're gonna have to change after we lead them to the dorms," she said testily, glaring after the girl whose blood she was speckled with. "I dunno. Let's see," Jonathan replied. He stepped up to the table as the next in line. Johnny handed Stella her schedule and then unfolded his. His brows lowered. "I guess not."

Adele practically lost it when blood got all over her shirt and jeans. “Oh no no no no NO. I’m changing now. You’ve got this handled, right? Right.” She ran off without hearing a response from her sister and went to her dorm room to get fresh clothes. Stella gawked at the paper for a moment, thinking if she stared at it long enough the writing would change. “What? They can’t do that. We’re supposed to be together!” She crushed the schedule in her hands, the paper crumpling before it burst into flames. She’d already memorized all of her classes anyway. She looked to Johnny as if he could do something to stop it. “They can’t separate us. They can’t.” She took his hand, refusing to let it go. Sacha went over to the table, grabbing his schedule along with his brothers. “The hell? We’re not in the same room.” He glared at the room numbers on each paper. “That’s a load of horse shit.”

Rachel grit her teeth as she wiped her palms on her sides. The skirt of her dress now had dark crimson stains. "Okay, kids, when you've got your schedules come group by me. I'll lead everyone to the dorms. Tomorrow Adele and I will conduct a school tour, but tonight you'll just be settling in." Jonathan squeezed Stella's hand comfortingly. "Look, I'm in DR3 and you're in DR4. We'll be right next to each other." Just then, he heard their guide start talking again. "All freshmen live in DR1 through DR10. Teachers have rooms on those floors too, so don't act up. Now, follow me." Delancey looked down at his schedule, a pensive frown on his--well, technically his brother's-- face. "That's strange, yeah?" || The group of freshmen departed with Rachel, following her to the towering dorms. It was the tallest building on the grounds, and it worried Jian a little. He wasn't fond of heights, but at least the freshmen were assigned the lowest floors. When Rachel pointed the difference between faculty and student rooms (student rooms said DR, but faculty rooms just said D), Jian was looking around at the doors in the hall. Was he really expected to room without his twin?

”That’s not good enough and you know it.” She muttered, practically fuming on the outside though in all reality she was silently panicking to herself. She kept a hold of his hand as they started shuffling along with the group, wanting him to stay close. Sascha scoffed at Delancey’s reaction. “Don’t act so upset about it.” He said sarcastically as he crumpled the paper and shoved it into the front pocket of his jeans. Fei was constantly rubbing her temples as her and Jian walked along with the group. She focused on her breathing and regulating her heartbeat so she wouldn’t have an actual meltdown. Jian was the only thing that kept her calm nowadays. How could they possibly think it was a good idea to separate them? || Adele soon joined Rachel at the front of the group after having changed, her hair a bit tussled. She called out the last names of Fei, Sacha, Johnny and Mac and announced that they were rooming together. The same going for Jian, Lance, Anne, Adele and Stella.(edited)

"There are cameras in freshie rooms, so no relationship shit," Rachel said. "Now, settle into your rooms." She turned to Rachel. "You know they have their room on their schedules. They're big kids, they can figure out which one's which without you telling them." She went off down the hall and pressed the button for one of the smaller elevators, heading up to her room to change. Delancey rolled his eyes. "Don't be so miffed! You know I loooooove you," he teased, leaning heavily against his brother. He heard his name listed by the old twin that just came back, and he clapped Sacha's shoulder. "Cheerio, Sach. I'll see ya." Delancey headed into D4. Johnny ruffled his sister's hair fondly. "You'll be okay, Stella. I'll be right next door, promise. And you can always text me." He was the first to enter D3. Jian lightly pecked Fei's temple. "Be nice," he told her with a smile. Then he headed behind the short blond boy going to D4. Mac hugged Anne, a little worried about her before he went to his assigned room.(edited)
Roomies

Adele mimicked Rachel behind her back, making faces and muttering about how she had a stick up her ass before she went into D4, her stuff having already been moved in.Stella’s lips parted and she reached out for Johnathan, but he was already in his room before she could catch him. She sighed and stood out in the hall for a while, flustered by the fact that she had been planning to survive this thing with Johnny by her side every step of the way. After the hallway was almost completely empty she finally wandered into her room. She glanced around nervously, her eccentric behavior having diminished since being without Johnny. Though she did suddenly perk up when she saw Delancey standing in the middle of the room awkwardly. “Lancey!” She went over to him and linked their arms together, a grin on her face. “Wanna bunk together? I’ll let you have top.” Fei stared after Jian silently, her eyes narrowed as she rubbed where he had kissed her as if to get any remanence of his saliva off her skin. She sighed and marched into her room. She went to the first empty bunk she saw and tossed her bag onto it. Anne stumbled into her room, her cheeks flushed as she looked around for an empty bed. Sacha climbed into the top bed of one of the empty bunks, a scowl on his face. He didn’t want to be stuck in a room full of strangers without his brother to mess with.(edited)

Lance's was startled when Stella rushed up to him so excitedly, and his image flickered briefly before settling back to Sacha. "I'm always--" he started to reply instinctively, and then he blushed. "Um... I mean, okay," he corrected himself. Jonathan saw a boy he recognized and placed his bag on the bunk beneath him. "Hey, I remember you. A fancy Brit, huh?" The last part he said in a terrible British accent. Mac saw an angry girl claiming the bottom bunk of the last two beds. "Do you mind if I take the top?" he asked her softly. || Lizzie was sitting on the only singles bed in the room. "Hey, roomies. Let's do a name circle, since we're basically stuck together all year. I'm Lizzie."(edited)

Stella’s smile brightened and she lead him over to the last empty bunk. “It’s good to know that there’s at least one friendly face in here with me.” She tossed her duffle bag under her bed and took a seat on the edge of it. Sacha glanced down at Johnny, disdain apparent in his expression. “That sad excuse of an accent was beastly.” He wasn’t in the mood to be questioning his sexuality. Though his cheeks did flush slightly at the sight of Johnny. He then lazily called out his name to take part in Lizzie’s sorry attempt at social interaction. Fei jumped, having been in a world of her own and glanced up at Mac. She about died when she realized it was the cute boy she had seen earlier. She opened her mouth to say something but it quickly snapped shut and she only nodded. “Go for it.” Was all she could force herself to say.

Jonathan grinned. "I try," he replied before announcing his name too. He started unpacking his bags, laying out his clothes. Lance puffed out his cheeks, flustered to be so welcomed by the girl who'd practically given him a lapdance. "I suppose it's pretty ace." He climbed to the top bunk and lay back. Mac grinned. "Thanks!" He stepped up to where he was only a little to the left of the girl and dropped his bag up on the top bunk. "I'm Mac," he told the room. || "And you?" Lizzie said to the Asian girl. "What's yours?"

Fei gave a sideways glance in Lizzie's direction, her face forming the beginnings of a scowl. But then her expression completely blanked and she began spouting out a combination of Chinese and Japanese nonsense, her eyebrows now furrowing as if she was confused and couldn't understand the girl. Sacha leaned over the edge of his bunk, letting his upper body hang down so he could watch Jonathan. "What's your story?" His tone was defensive even though he was the one who had asked the question. He wanted to know more about him but didn't want to be labeled as gay for doing so. Stella climbed up onto her bunk and stood on the edges of it so she could rest her arms on Lance's. "Do you really not have a phone? Or was that just your way of letting me down easy?"(edited)

Lizzie gave her a strange look. "Aren't those two different languages?" She smiled innocently. "What do you wanna know? Johnny replied. "I was born to a loving family of course, and as my body developed..." He paused to grin at Sacha. "I got powers too. Typical start, huh? Anything else?" Delancey sighed. "Nah, my mum actually took my phone. Sacha's too. Seems like she bloody loathes us these days."

Fei stared daggers at Lizzie for a full minute before her the corner of her lips slowly upturned into an eerie grin. She then lifted up her hand to reveal her middle finger flipping the girl off. It was clear that she wasn’t going to give up her name or become all buddy buddy with the group. Except maybe with Mac... Just maybe... || Sacha puffed out his reddening cheeks, trying to hide the fact that he had begun blushing. “What else can you do?” || Stella laid her head down on her arms with a content sigh. “That’s good to know at least. Though I am sorry to hear about it.” She say quiet for a while before she perked up again. “Hey, you wanna go somewhere?”

Fine, be that way. But you can't say I didn't try." Lizzie turned back to the others. She nodded to the last boy who'd had yet to introduce himself. "And you, pretty boy?" She smiled at him. It was almost flirtatious. // "What exactly are you asking?" Johnny cooed, but before he could abash Sacha further, he glanced at Lizzie. Jonathan was slightly taken aback at how she bit her lip while looking at him. Huh. First day and he was already fixing to have hotties all over him. "Jonathan, but you can call me Johnny." // Delancey tipped his head to the side, curious. "D'you plan to bring me to a do? 'Cuz I find crowded areas proper unpleasant." He gestured over himself, suggesting that the reason for that was obvious. Even though he looked like a normal person with his glamour in place. // Jian glanced around at his new roommates. The dirty blonde was talking to thin air, but a voice kept answering her. That made him very uncomfortable. Could she see ghosts or something? The other girls in the room were sitting far apart. They were both brunettes, but one was hunched into herself and obviously shy. He went over to the two of them. Jian recognized the older girl had been one of the twins to present during orientation. Adele, her name was. "Hi," he greeted them, waving awkwardly. "I'm Jian."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back