• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Quest For Fools! (Closed, eh)

Once upon a time, ages a
Valkri was the only child of two of the most notorious thieves in all of this side of the kingdom. Robinson and Ailith Faucon were legends among the ragged and criminal, a duo made for crime they were. Young Valkri held promise of one day surpassing her parents capabilities in crime, and they did all they could to nurture that thief inside her. Valkri didn't appear to be a theif on the outside, no, the little girl held a childlike smirk and a kind glint in her eye well past her younger years. Valkri never quite found a want to steal, she felt there was no need to take what she could earn herself. She was a hard worker and probably would have continued to be so had it not been for the Crystal Guild.

Valkri was thirteen when it happened. It was nice that morning so she'd decided to take the longer route to town. The delivery job she'd aquired had her heading out every day to deliver letters, packages, supplies, all sorts of things people might send one another. The job usually took her no more than three of four hours, due to the usually small number of deliveries to make, but having taken the back road to town and back it made it almost ten hours. Valkri hadn't minded the extended time, she quite enjoyed the weather that day. But, as she would soon find, Valkri would regret her decision to take the long road for the rest of her days.

The sun was lowering in the sky when Valkri pulled back up to her parents home with an empty carriage. The first thing she noticed was how extremely quiet it was, which was unusual for her mostly boisterous parents. Valkri had climbed off the carriage slowly, eyes scanning for any signs of her parents about the place. Both their horses were still standing idly in their respective stable pens, which meant they hadn't gone somewhere. Shrugging, Valkri had lead her horse, Valor, back to his pen and fed the young stallion a few carrots. He'd whinnied happily and she'd laughed and then there was a loud banging sound from behind her. Valor had let out a startled whinny and kicked up on his hind legs, almost kicking Valkri square in the face.

Valkri spun around and spotted a black cloaked man sprinting out of her home and jumping on to a similarly black horse hidden in some bushes. The young girls legs had begun moving of their own accord the minute she'd spotted him, but it was too late as she stumbled into the brush watching the horse and man fade into the distance. Valkri had let out a rather.... unpolite set of words and spun around back toward the house. The thirteen-
year-old could never have been prepared for the scene inside.

Robinson and Ailith lay sprawled on the floor of the kitchen in a massive pool of dark red blood. Her mother clutched an ornate dagger in her hand and her father had nothing but the gold hilted short sword plunged into his chest pinning him to the floor, a whole where his heart should've been. Valkri had fallen to the ground the second she saw them, an almost non-human scream pushing past her throat. There, written just beside her mother'd head in their blood was gem shaped object in a circle. Something snapped inside Valkri then and her pained reaction was short-lived as she immediately got up, pried her mother's dagger from her still warm fingers, and took off on Valor. She was headed in the direction the cloaked man had went in the fast approaching night.

~Nine years later~

Valkri stared blankly at her reflection in the soft waves of the lake. Long, and some what unclean, black tresses fell down past pointed ears and over her shoulders and burning green eyes wavered in the reflection. A pale hand reached up and ran along a vertical scar situated right next to her left eye. Valkri had been lucky the Crystal Guild agent hadn't cut her eyes out of her head all those months ago. He had been lucky she hadn't tore hid heart right out of his chest. The damn guildman had gotten away only missing one arm from the elbow down. Valkri wasn't worried, she'd find him again, and when she did.... she'd have a heart to burn.

A smile found it's way onto the stone face of her reflection as she looked down at the clawed fingers of her gloves. The things had been specially made for the express purpose of ripping things out of people, not that she told the armorsmith that. Valkri clenched her clawed right hand and the sharp points dug into the leather of the glove, pricking the hand beneath and causing a small trickle of blood to run down her hand. The hand skimmed through the water, mutating her reflection and leaving a mist of red in its wake.

Valkri stood and looked to the spires of city in the distance with a grin. With several long strides, Valkri was sitting atop Valor's white back and back on the cobble stone road to the city

Valkri pushed her way into the Starting Point, noticing several people talking of some quest or another in the corner. Her ears perked and she made her way closer to the group. Quests usually meant gold, and she could use quite a bit of that if she ever hoped to catch her parents murderer. Valkri stood silently for a moment before stepping up to the group.

"You're adventurers, you say?" She questioned, her voice a sort of raspy sound, "Perhaps you could use someone with good sword arms?" Valkri patted the pummels of the two sabers hanging from her belt with her clawed gloves, indicating that she meant herself.

(Here ya are. I put it in a spoiler with an ominous title because I didn't want it to take up too much space. Hope ya like it!)

Love it, just remember the theme of "Heavily flawed first level character." Nothing is terribly serious here ... except Athgoth. Otherwise, Welcomewelcomewelcome!

I just realized, where is your CS page?!

I think it's in the first post ... or else Ranix linked it above ... or else it's called "fools rush in"

damnit....
i know i skipped out on the power people rp :( but....hmu if you ever need another fem, or, whatever. even if ya dont, your recruitment process is f%!&ing genius as f%!&. love. it. k bye

*gasp* youdidwhatnow?! Well, that's alright, it seems to be dead on arrival anyway. I would accept you into this one, but I'm already two spots over the limit I set to begin with. HOWEVER! If anyone else drops out, I'll let you know ... and also thank you so much! I figure it's a little more fun than just filling out a profile.

Alright Jesus. I'll be able to post tommorow. I've been bombarded with work and I've had to the the last day and 1/2 off of Rpn. Is my spot still reserved?

Unless ... hmmm .
Alright Jesus. I'll be able to post tommorow. I've been bombarded with work and I've had to the the last day and 1/2 off of Rpn. Is my spot still reserved?

Yes ... for now ... mu hu ... muahaha ... MUAHAHAHAHA.

Naw, but seriously, the RP will be moving on, but you can just drop Orcish McSneaky in whenever, deus ex machina it up. Alright, eeeeeveryone I've accepted should move it on over to the OOC thread. Scarlett Wyverne Scarlett Wyverne From you I just need a hypothetical first post for the application process, and then you're good.

You seem to be making a very interesting story here. If you ever have another idea and need a female player don’t be afraid to hmu! I’m all about fantasy nowadays.

Unless ... hmmm .

Yes ... for now ... mu hu ... muahaha ... MUAHAHAHAHA.

Naw, but seriously, the RP will be moving on, but you can just drop Orcish McSneaky in whenever, deus ex machina it up. Alright, eeeeeveryone I've accepted should move it on over to the OOC thread. Scarlett Wyverne Scarlett Wyverne From you I just need a hypothetical first post for the application process, and then you're good.

The wind hissed out its familiar tune through the sparse trees and undergrowth on a hillside that the sunlight had long since forgotten, as dusk approached.
Tristania finished scrawling runes and sigils on the flat piece of stone and set it carefully on the ground by a tree. Her circle of warding was almost complete, and she would sleep better having that security. What with the tensions between gods and mortals these days, it wasn't so simple to be a witch among men and women.
She would have to go gather herbs by the riverbank today, and that meant being near Town. Tristania selected a rather plain cloak to try and conceal her pagan garb, picked up her basket and staff, and set out towards town.
She made her way to the brushy fields outside of the farm village on the outskirt of town. It would be more scarce to pick the herbs she needed amongst the scrubby ground here, but it was a safer place to gather from the fields nearer the main town. Farther from the prying and hateful eyes.
She laid her staff across her knees and whispered an incantation for good fortune as she foraged. She gave another look around and, at a glance, it seemed she was alone.
As the orange sun sank lower, the wind took up a harsher edge, and a startling chill. Then came the rain, lightly at first, but promising to grow.
Tristania cursed between her teeth and glanced back at the forested hills from whence she came. It would be at least an hour's walk, and quite possibly more given this weather, back to her dwelling. But the town was within sight...
She made up her mind quickly, but reluctantly. As much as she loathed the idea of taking shelter in a tavern, the weather was treacherous and even her magicks of nature might not save her from the biting cold and damp.
With a sigh, she made her way across the bridge and into the streets, where the peasantry was bustling to get indoors, and stepped into the tavern.

"Well. Hullo then, stranger." The Dwarf inkeep said absently as he toiled at broaching a new tun of ale behind the counter.
Tristania offered a meek nod, rainwater dripping from the flaxen hair beneath her hood, and quickly made her way to a corner table.
"Hail there missy, a seat at the table for ye?" Came a catcall here or there, but she kept her head low beneath her cloak and sat down.

Whoo! We made it! We made it! We found a good one here!

Wait, what do you mean "closed"?

Ahem, can I still join up, but actually join the RP later in the story? Somehow work my way in magically?

Whoo! We made it! We made it! We found a good one here!

Wait, what do you mean "closed"?

Ahem, can I still join up, but actually join the RP later in the story? Somehow work my way in magically?

Alas, no, we've far exceeded our maxshimum capashity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back