• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Pokemon Adventure

TommyGun15

Teh Scawyest Wulf
The sun beats down over the scene of a recent plane crash. Bodies of both humans and pokemon litter the ground around the wreckage, blood pooling among the crushed and charred bodies. Among this wreckage, a few souls still cling to life, and a few lucky pokemon still rest inside their pokeballs, blissfully unaware of what has happened.

Claire came to with somewhat of a start. The last thing she remembered was her seat flying forward into the seat in front of hers. As she pulled herself out from the wreckage, she looked around and saw the carnage around her. There were so many dead people and Pokemon strewn about that it almost made her physically ill. Swallowing hard, she moved forward a few paces, not really paying attention to the fact there was a massive scrape across her cheek.

As she walked, she felt a little light headed and dropped to her knees. She was safely away from the larger parts of the wreckage so she felt okay to take a rest. Leaning forward and catching her breath, she placed her hand down and it touched something smooth and round. When she looked, she saw that she had a Pokeball in her hand. 'Aren't you a lucky one...I hope none of the dead Pokemon are related to you...'

Celeste groaned and rubbed her head, chancing a look about as she opened her eyes. The grimace stayed on her face as she pushed herself up to sit. Well... they were certainly somewhere. Where was somewhere? She wasn't sure. To be honest, she wasn't sure where she'd come from other than the charred wreckage that told her she really did survive a plane crash.

"Oww,"
she grumbled, attempting to disentangle herself from her mangled seat. Upon succeeding, she glanced about again.

'Okay. So I know my name and that I crashed, and pretty much nothing else. I see some people, most don't really look too badly injured. What about me? Am I injured?' She glanced down and realized her jacket was torn and she had a few minor cuts and bruises on her arms, and likely the rest of her body as well. 'Okay. Nothing too bad.'

It was then that she noticed the Pokeball at her feet.

"Huh? Hey, buddy... C'mere..."
Celeste stooped and picked up the ball. "Are you okay?" she whispered as she drew it close, to inspect.

Out of the Pokeball, a small blue mouse-like Pokémon with a large round tail popped out. It looked up at Claire with big innocent eyes, then at everything around it. Tears began to fall from it's eyes, but it continued to stare at the wreckage and the dead.

Species: Azurill

Nature: Bold

Type: Normal/Fairy

Hit Points: 24

Pokemon Stats

Lvl: 6

HP: 6 5+1

Atk: 1

Def: 8 6+2

Sp. Atk: 3 2+1

Sp. Def: 4

Spd: 3 2+1

Eva: +1

Sp. Eva: 0

Acc: 0

Ability

Thick Fat

Description: The Pokémon's body is coated in a thick layer of fat, which protects it from heat and cold.

Activation: Always active.

Effects: In combat, halve the damage of all fire and ice-Type moves used against this Pokémon. Out of combat, the Pokémon automatically succeeds on any check to resist heatstroke or frostbite.

Capability: Fountain

Description: The Pokémon may produce fresh water at-will.

Moves

Type: Normal

Frequency: At-Will

Accuracy Check: N/A

Damage: N/A

Range: N/A

Effect: None

Type: Water

Accuracy Check: 2

Damage: 1d12+6

Range: Range - 1 Target

Effect: Grants Fountain Capability

Range: Ranged - 1 Target

Effect: Lower Target's Def by 12.5%

Type: Water

Frequency: Every Other Turn

Range: Field

Effect: Whenever a Fire-Type attack hits, after all Bonuses and Penalties are applies, halve the damage of the attack.

After watching the wreckage for a few seconds, it turned to Claire and walked up to her, leaning gently against her. It looked sad, scared, and like it didn't really know what was happening.

@KalenNighteyes

The Pokeball Celeste picked up began to shake, then pop open. A long, sinuous form emerged from the Pokeball, forming into the shape of a five foot blue serpent with big eyes and a single white pearl on it's forehead.

Species: Dratini

Nature: Quirky

Type: Dragon

Hit Points: 19

Pokemon Stats

Lvl: 4

HP: 5

Atk: 7 (6+1)

Def: 5

Sp. Atk: 5

Sp. Def: 4 (3+1)

Spd: 6 (5+1)

Sp. Eva: 0

Ability

Shed Skin

Description: The Pokémon is capable of shedding it's skin, allowing it a chance to shake off any status afflictions affecting it.

Activation: At the end of a turn, when this Pokémon is afflicted with a status affliction

Effects: In combat, if at the end of a round this Pokémon has a status affliction, roll a d100. If the roll is 30 or less, remove the status affliction. IF the Affliction would deal damage, make this roll before applying damage

Moves

Accuracy Check: 4

Damage: 1d6+3

Range: Melee

Effect: Target is Wrapped for 1d4+1 Turns. At the beginning of the Wrapped Target's turn, roll 1d12. The Target loses that many Hit Points, regardless of stats, or Type resistances. Wrap may not target more than 1 Target at a time unless the user is of Huge or Gigantic Size.

Effect: Lower Target's Def by 12.5%

The serpentine Pokémon noticed that Celeste was looking upset, so it gave her a playful headbutt on the shoulder, trying to cheer her up. It didn't seem particularly bothered by the scene around it.

@folclor

Last edited by a moderator:
Claire picked up the poor little frightened Pokemon and held it. "Shh...It's okay. I've got you. You poor thing, don't you worry. You're sticking with me, don't you worry about a thing. I've got you."

With that, Claire held onto the small Pokemon in her hands and began walking around and looking for other survivors. She looked down at her Pokemon as they walked slowly through the wreckage. "I'm sure there's someone around here...we can't be the only survivors..." As she said this, not far away she saw a short blond girl standing with her own Pokemon. Another survivor. Rather than approach right away and scare her, Claire decided to wait and see if the other noticed her.

Celeste let out a bit of a squeal and nuzzled the Dratini.

"You're okay! Oh, I'm so glad!"
She hugged her Pokemon. It wasn't tight and it wasn't long. She didn't want to upset him, after all. "Hey, you're not hurt, right?" Though she looked him over carefully, it didn't seem like he was. "Okay, okay, so do you have a name?" Why was she asking him? "Oh, okay. Let's see... You're definitely not a Dennis."

It was then that Celeste heard someone else moving. She looked about and spied another girl with a tiny Pokemon.

"Wha-? A survivor? Come on, Drin, let's go see what's up. If you want, you can curl around me. But if you don't, that's fine- Oh!"

She giggled slightly as the Dratini she'd called Drin spiraled up her legs and wrapped itself around her torso, resting its head on her shoulder. Celeste nuzzled it and began walking toward the other girl.

"Hey! Were you in the crash, too?"
she called.

@KalenNighteyes

Claire nodded slowly as the girl approached her. "Sorry. I would have approached sooner, but it looked like you and your Pokemon were having a moment. Yeah, I was in the crash. Not exactly sure how I made it through, but I'm glad I did."

As she began to approach the little Azurill let out a squeak at the two who were approaching, then scampered its way up to her shoulder. "Hey now. Be nice little Ruri. They're survivors of this mess just like we are." With a smile, Claire turned her attention back to the blond haired girl. "Sorry, little Ruri is a bit nervous right now I think. My name is Claire."

Celeste giggled at the Azurill's antics.

"Nice to meet you, Claire. I'm Celeste this is Drin!"
The Dratini unwrapped himself a bit so he could get a closer look at the new girl and the Azurill. Drin cocked his head sideways at the tiny Pokemon's reaction, then seemed to chuckle and offer a gentle, friendly headbutt to the Azurill. "Okay. So. Do you remember anything else other than the crash? Cause I sure as heck can't." Celeste pouted a bit. "Like, I know my name, I know we crashed... I know what Pokemon are... but I don't know where we are or what happened before the crash. You have any idea?"

Claire shook her head slowly as she pat Drin on the head. "No. I remember basically what you remember..." It was about this time that the scrape on her cheek began to sting quite badly. Placing her hand to her cheek, she pulled it away and saw a bit of blood there.

"Ow! How is it we got away with scrapes and bruises? I mean, I'm not being ungrateful, but with as bad as this crash is, I'm surprised we aren't dead." She let out a hesitant chuckle at this point. "Silver linings I suppose...I'm just glad I'm not alone here. Are you hurt at all? Is, what did you call him? Drin? Is he okay?" Claire now began to walk circles around Celeste and Drin, looking them both over.

Celeste shrugged, then sighed. Drin wrapped himself back around her and she patted his head.

"I dunno. I got some scrapes and stuff, but nothing too bad, really. And Drin looks good. He doesn't seem hurt, but he's the first Dratini I've met..."
Again, she sighed. "I mean... I guess what we should do is look for supplies and other survivors, right? And there's gotta be civilization somewhere. C'mon. Let's get going. I think the first thing we've gotta find is some medical supplies and water."

Melissa coughed as she crawled out of the wreckage of the place, a few feet away from the others. She clutched at her side, which was bruised, but thankfully nothing felt broken. In her hand, she clutched a Pokeball, which hung open on a broken hinge. On her shoulder, a small caterpillar wrapped in leaves perched, looking around fairly quietly from her shoulder.

Species: Sewaddle

Nature: Docile

Type: Bug/Grass

Hit Points: 28

Pokemon Stats

Lvl: 7

HP: 7 (6+1)

Atk: 6 (5+1)

Def: 7 (5+2)

Sp. Atk: 5 (4+1)

Sp. Def: 7 (6+1)

Spd: 5 (4+1)

Sp. Eva: +1

Ability

Chlorophyll

Description: The Pokémon's speed increases in the sunlight

Activation: Whenever the move Sunny Day is used

Effects: The Pokémon's Speed doubles for as long as the Harsh Sunlight effect persists

Capability: Threaded

Description: The Pokémon may use a string of silk, or another similar thread or appendage, to either pull itself to a Target that is heavier, or pull a lighter Target to itself. This may be used against opponents, with a Base Accuracy Check of 6.

Moves

Accuracy Check: 3

Damage: 2d8+6

Effect: N/A

Type: Bug

Accuracy Check: 3

Effect: Lower Target's Speed by 12.5%

Melissa patted the little bug on the head before picking it up off her shoulder and hugging it gently against her chest.

"Sorry about your Pokeball little Seamstress... I'll make it up to you."

Claire moved along with Celeste for a few minutes attempting to gather what they could in the way of supplies. She glanced around at all the dead bodies for a moment, then looked to Celeste. "Not to be, like, a Debbie Downer, but I think at some point we need to gather all these bodies and..." she swallowed hard as she tried to say the last words. "And burn them...Otherwise it could get bad. I'm not sure how long it will take to find any kind of civilization so...I-I think we might want to consider burning the bodies. That is, if we are alone here. If we're not, rescuers are bound to come before we even get a chance...right?"

@folclor

Melissa's HP: 3/4

Seamstress's HP: 28/28

Among the wreckage Claire and Celeste found enough food and water for 3 days, and a First Aid Kit. They also found several newly spawned Yamasks and Phantumps, although the Ghost-Types all fled fairly quickly after being spotted, and the girls had nothing to catch the Pokémon with anyway.

Meanwhile, Melissa also began to look around, until eventually she saw the pair nearby. She slowly made her way over to them, still clutching her side from her bruises.

"Hi there... You made it too?"

Roll 1d20 + Wis Modifier

DC 10 to hear the sound of helicopters in the distance.

DC 15 to notice that quite a few of the dead Pokémon appear to be Electrodes.

DC 20 to notice what appears to be a blast hole in the side of the ship's cabin.

Celeste's HP: 3/4

Drin's HP: 19/19

Who I'm with: Melissa, Drin, Ruri, and some other girl

What I'm doing: Looking around

[dice]24796[/dice]

"Yeah... Hey! Another girl!" Celeste grinned at the new girl with a bug type. "Yeah! Hi! I'm Celeste, the silly wrapped around me is Drin, that's Claire, and she has Ruri. Who are y-?"

Her attention was suddenly drawn by the sound of helicopters and the amount of dead Electrodes. Her cheerful expression turned grim.

"Guys, I dunno what's going on, but I do hear helicopters coming. So we might find a way out of here. Y'all know how to make a smoke signal so we can get help?" She was only asking as she had no idea.

Claire's HP: 4/4

Ruri's HP: 24/24

[dice]24797[/dice]

Claire turned when Celeste mentioned seeing another girl. Sure enough, there was another approaching and she even spoke. She was blissfully unaware of the sounds of helicopters. "I don't hear anything, but if you say so." Claire looked to the other woman and gave her a smile.

"Seems like we're all the lucky ones in this mess. How do you suppose this happened? I can't believe there would be any people around who'd hurt Pokemon like this...it's so cruel..." Claire now knelt down next to the remains of a dead Pokemon and ran her hand gently over its head, a tear falling down her cheek as she did so. Clearly she cared very much for the creatures and it was sad knowing that so many had been killed.

Ruri gave a soft squeak in Claire's ear and licked her cheek. With a chuckle, she pat the little Azurill on the head.
"I know. What's important is that we're alive and we can find out what happened."

Sean's HP 3/4

Doing: Trying to figure things out.

Sean, having been doing his best dead man impression for who knows how long, rolled over and immediately groaned. "Oh for... why is everything so bright?" Sean finally opened his eyes to see that he was looking through sunglasses with large cracks in them. Sean very slowly sat up, sharply inhaling as some wound to his side was aggravated.

Sean quickly grabbed his pained side, pulling away a slightly blood-stained hand. "
Ow... What the hell happened to me?" He managed to steady himself and look around, taking off the broken sunglasses and hooking them onto his shirt collar. What he saw was a scene straight out of a nightmare.

A beach decorated with twisted bodies and splintered wreckage. His hand shot up to his mouth to try and keep himself from vomiting, to no avail. His own bile added itself to the decor of the scene, driving Sean further down. "
B-but... how? Why? Is anyone still alive?" As he began to look through the wreckage, he grabbed something spherical, pulling it closer to inspect. It was a pokeball. "What in the...?"

The Pokeball in Sean's hand popped open, and something small dropped into his lap. It was... an ice-cream cone? No...

The "Ice-Cream Cone" slowly rose into the air, looking at him curiously with a pair of large blue eyes.

Species: Vanillite

Nature: Quiet

Type: Ice

Hit Points: 19

Pokemon Stats

Lvl: 7

HP: 5 (4+1)

Atk: 6 (5+1)

Def: 6 (5+1)

Sp. Atk: 10 (9+1)

Sp. Def: 7 (6+1)

Spd: 4 (3+1)

Sp. Eva: +1

Ability

Weak Armor

Description: This Pokémon is covered in a layer of thin armor, which is easily cracked

Activation: Whenever the Pokémon is hit by a Physical Attack

Effects: In combat, every time this Pokémon is hit with a Physical Attack, it's Def score drops by 12.5% of it's base, to a minimum of 25%. But it's Speed also increases by 25% of it's base, to a maximum of 250%.

Capability: Chilled

Description: This Pokémon is always cold to the touch.

Capability: Freezer

Description: Once every other turn, rather than use a move, this Pokémon may freeze all terrain within up to 30 meters of their position. Pokémon walking on this terrain must succeed on a DC 10 check to avoid slipping. Pokémon in the water when this move is used gain the Frozen Status Affliction.

Capability: Icestep

Description: This Pokémon is not hindered by Icy or Snowy terrain, and automatically succeeds on checks to move through it.

Capability: Sinker

Description: This Pokémon cannot swim. Whenever it enters a body of water deep enough to submerge itself in, it begins drowning, losing 25% of it's max Hit Points per turn until it hits -100%, at which point it dies.

Moves

Type: Ice

Accuracy Check: 4

Damage: 1d10+4 Physical

Effect: If this move hits, it may be used again on the same Target as a free action. This may be repeated until either an attack misses, or the Target has been hit 5 times in the same turn.

Range: Self

Effect: Increase Def by 25% of Base, up to 250%.

Type: Ghost

Damage: 1d10+4 Physical

Effect: On a roll of natural 18 or higher, the target flinches, and loses their next turn.

After staring at Sean for a few minutes, it noticed the wrecked plan around it. It began floating towards Sean with a frightened expression on it's face, trying to hide behind him.

(Oh, and they're in a forest)

@shadowstrikr25

Sean's HP: 3/4

Vanillite's HP: 19/19

Doing: Helping the little guy out/looking for survivors

With: My new friend/ Three survivors and their Pokemon

Sean stared wide-eyed at the Pokemon as it emerged from the ball. He was more that a little happy the thing survived, much more that it was unaware of the situation. At least until it got a look around and began trying to hide behind him.

Sean turned to face the Vanillite, slowly as not to startle it. He spoke in a calm, soft voice. "Hey there little guy. C'mere. I'm not going to hurt you." Sean was rather surprised as it nuzzled against his stomach, getting a bit of dirt on it's face and chilling Sean's stomach. "It's OK. Do you have a name?" The Vanillite stared at Sean, confused. Sean just rubbed the dirt off the Pokemon's face and smiled. "I think I'll call you Flake. Do you like that?" As the Vanillite nodded, Sean decided to fully take stock in his surroundings.

From what he could see, there was nothing but forest and wreckage. Obviously not the best place to be. " Flake it is. Now follow me. I don't want you to get lost after all. And I need to check for survivors." Flake followed closely behind Sean as he walked around the wreckage, looking for any signs of life.

He didn't have to look long. He found himself staring at a trio of survivors, all women, and their pokemon. "
Survivors! Yes!" He began to walk towards them, with Flake floating directly behind him. "Hey! Did you three crawl out of that thing too?" Sean came to a stop not too far away as Flake peaked out from behind to look at what was happening, then retreating back behind Sean.

Who I'm with: Celeste and her Pokémon, Claire and her Pokémon

What I'm doing: Listening

[dice]24803[/dice]

Melissa looked oddly at Celeste.

"I'm sorry, but I don't hear anything either... I'm Melissa by the way."

Then Melissa did hear something, a person shouting from behind them. She turned around and young man walking towards them with a Vanillite hiding behind him. She waved and called back.

"Good to see that there are still some survivors out here!"

@KalenNighteyes @folclor @shadowstrikr25

Celeste's HP: 3/4

Drin's HP: 19/19

Who I'm with: Claire, Drin, Ruri, and Melissa

What I'm doing: Annoyed

Celeste crossed her arms and frowned.

"Look. Even if y'all can't hear the helicopters, isn't it better to take a chance? Don't y'all wanna get out of here, figure out where home is, and go back to it?"
She sighed and shook her head. "Come on, Drin, I think we need leafy greens for smoke."

She completely ignored the boy who was coming upon them, instead beginning to gather brush, wood, and other fuel. Drin unwrapped himself from her and did his best to "help," which mostly consisted of rolling around on the ground and occasionally bringing a twig to the pile.

Flake's HP: 19/19

Doing: Trying to figure out what happened

With: Three women and their Pokemon

Sean quickly got closer and started scratching the back of his head, taking a bit of time to take stock of himself. His hair was dirty from lying in the ground, his jeans and jacket were sprinkled with cuts, and he was sore everywhere. "Same. Wish I didn't wake up to that. At least we're not going through this alone, right?"

Sean cracked a smile, while Flake peaked out again, looking around. Sean noticed and quickly turned to comforting the Ice-type. "
It's OK, Flake. They won't hurt you." Sean turned back to Melissa. "This little guy is Flake and I'm... uh... who am I?"

Sean began to pat himself down, finding a trainer card on an inside of his jacket, reading it over. "
I'm... Sean Fleetwood." Sean stashed the card back into his jacket, content to forget about it. "Uh... do any of you not remember anything? The only thing I can remember is waking up in that wreck, and then finding Flake."

Flake looked up at Sean in confusion, as Sean gritted his teeth trying to remember something other that what had happened recently. He tried to remember anything, a childhood pet, first kiss, mom's name, home, anything, and came up with nothing. Sean sat in the dirt in frustration and sadness, head in his arms. "
Why can't I remember anything? What the hell happened to me where I can't even remember anything?" Tears of confusion, sadness, and anger began to work their way down his face.

Flake, noticing his new friend down on the ground and seeming sad, floated over to Sean and began to nuzzle him. Sean shivered as the Ice type nuzzled him, looking his new friend in the eyes. Flake returned the stare, looking confused and concerned.

@TommyGun15 @folclor @KalenNighteyes

Who I'm with: Celeste and her Pokémon, Claire and her Pokémon, this new guy Sean, and his Pokémon

What I'm doing: Trying to cheer him up

Melissa saw that Sean was looking sad, and couldn't help but want to comfort him. She walked over him, knelt down next to him, and drew him into a hug.

"Oh you poor baby..."

The thing was... Melissa was a very tall woman, taller than most men. Between her height, and the way she was kneeling, the hug kind of carried Sean's face into her rather large cleavage. Melissa either didn't notice, or didn't care, and simply hugged him tightly, gently rocking him in her arms. Her Sewaddle, Seamstress, crawled down from her shoulder and gently nuzzled his face, trying to nuzzle Flake as well.

@KalenNighteyes @folclor @shadowstrikr25

Flake's HP: 19/19

Doing: Pulling myself back together

With: The only survivors I've seen at this point, and their pokemon

Sean bristled at Melissa's initial contact, not really expecting it, and then looking straight down her cleavage, wide-eyed in shock. The Sewaddle helped out a bit by showing it's support in a less arousing way, and Flake continuing his efforts allowed him to resist the urge to say something really stupid.

Sean slowly extracted himself from the hug, seeing Flake look up at him in confusion. Sean exhaled and smiled again. "It's OK, Flake. It just all hit me at once is all..." Sean looked towards Melissa, looking at her eyes this time, instead of the other prominent features on her front. "Thanks for that. I just thought, what about any family I might have had? Would they come looking? Or friends? Am I the only one drawing a blank on my past or do you not remember anything either? What's your name anyways? You kind of never gave it to me before that hug where I was looking at... I mean I was trying not to, but they were in my face... not to say that I wouldn't, they look very nice... not that I was staring now it's just they are very large... not that it's a bad thing, but they do kind of pull my eyes downward... not that your face is bad, it's just..." Flake stared at Sean, confused by all the backtracking he was doing.

Sean finally realized that maybe him talking so much was only digging himself deeper. He took a deep breath and started over. "
Hey, my name's Sean, what's yours?" Flake looked at Seamstress, then back at Sean, confused. Why had his new friend made so much noise only to backtrack into a simpler statement?

@TommyGun15 @folclor @KalenNighteyes

Who I'm with: Celeste and her Pokémon, Claire and her Pokémon, this new guy Sean, and his Pokémon

What I'm doing: Introducing myself

Melissa smiled pleasantly at Sean, grabbing his hand and shaking it, whether he really wanted her to or not. Seamstress used the bridge their arms made to crawl back onto her shoulder, where it sat regarding the pair in silence.

"My name is Melissa, and I call the little lady on my shoulder Seamstress. I... also don't really remember much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back