• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Pirate's Life For Me!

Azalea was more or so contemplating killing the crew in their sleep. Maybe she should start taking more drastic actions. She hated her first kill. Guilt consumed her and she could never understand how someone could take a person's life and feel...nothing. She looked at Nicoli and grimaced. Like him. He's killed. Gads know how many times he has. How many innocent-

Azalea had been so lost in her thoughts she hadn't noticed someone running towards her from the entrance. Azalea let out a small yelp of surprise when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, yanking her out of her seat, for a minute she thought she was being attacked and then she realized she was being hugged, when her assailant pulled back, Azalea nearly shrieked from surprise.

Kalgura!

Azalea smiled as Kalgura stammered, stuttered and fumbled to find her words. Azalea hardly recognized this feeling of... giddiness, excitement. The past few months since Nicoli took the Renasence and turned her into a slave all she felt was a hollowness and a deep hatred towards the world.

As Kalgura finished and bit her lip, Azalea suddenly burst out laughing, it sounded rusty and ancient, which it was, but as she burst into hysterics it became a beautiful noise. The feeling of joy at finding an old, and possibly her only friend was overwhelming and she didn't know wether to cry or laugh so she was doing a bit of both.

Azalea straightened as she recovered, wiping a tear from her eye with the biggest smile you've ever seen plastered on her face and she hugged Kalgura back. "Oh Kalgura," Azalea said, her tone was wry with giddiness, "How could I forget about you?" She said as she pulled away, grinning from ear to ear. It was then that she took a good look at Kalgura she realized the mass difference of her appearance. No longer was she bone and rags, no longer were her eyes eagerly awaiting the sweet embrace of death. It made Azalea grin wider.

Back when they had met, Kalgura was a slave, had Azalea was a slave to her marriage. She remembered those nights confiding in each other, where Azalea was constantly talking about ways to escape her cheating husband and his stupid navy ship, while Kalgura wanted to be free of her slavery. But all too soon she and her husband had to depart and left Kalgura behind. Her only friend she'd ever made.

Azalea perhaps had been miserable back then, but now it was different. Unlike Kalgura, she had not changed for the better. Azalea's eyes held a deep anger and sadness with the small flicker of hope in them. Her hands were covered in tiny red nail marks she'd created on accident, and one of her wrist were swollen and red from being gripped so tightly, however, her body was seemingly kept in perfect shape and she was well groomed for some reason.

"What are you doing here? And with who?!" Azalea asked her, her tone was a touch lower but the wryness and happiness in her tone was quiet evident as she brushed a light brown wavy lock from her face.

TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

Last edited:
Antonio shrugged as Nicoli's threats hit his eardrums. "Now who am I to lie to a captain of such a worthy crew." Although blood ran down his face from his nose and he reeked of alcohol, he didn't seem bothered. He handed Nicoli the copy of the paper that he had. "For those searching for the gems of Aronym, keep your mind east but your heading west." He recited the message as he handed him the parchment. "I found this at none other than our dear pirate village, Ayimeth." Ayimeth was a town governed by other pirates of various crews. "But that information wouldn't help you. After all, the pirates who I pilfered them from discovered the inscriptions on a remote island off near the Endless Abyss." The Endless Abyss was a perfect circle of waterfalls in the middle of the ocean. They led down into an extremely dark, deep crevasse that no man has ever been said to return from. Legend has it that devastating creatures lie down there. "I'll take my payment now, please." Tony looked Nicoli in the eyes with full confidence in his words.

HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons

Last edited:
Meira had eventually found herself in the bar. She could practically feel the ego's flowing off of the two males, her packages in hand as she watched them tough it out. Men. She huffed, setting her parcels on the counter of the bar and leaning over, listening to the different bets being thrown over the place as glass shattered and the two taunted one another. She had never really cared for fighting. Didn't see the point in it when everything could be settled with reason, but being a pirate brought her into the mix of things, and she had to admit she was pretty good. Or so she was told.

Her fingers drummed on the glass of her shot of rum, her eyes moving to a group of crew members from the Renascence. She blinked when one of her own crew members hugged the pretty, polished one, but she didn't intervene. Just because their captains had a little piss battle going on, didn't mean the crews couldn't intertwine here and there on good terms. Though it was rather odd to see them so.. friendly... with one another.

She downed the shot, the burn settling in her stomach with a sigh and she rolled her shoulders. Her red hair was tied in a high ponytail that draped between her shoulder blades and her earrings caught the light of the different candles spread around the place. She wasn't rugged looking, and many people were surprised when she pulled out a blade when threatened, but it was all in the trade she guessed. She spun around in her seat when she heard the fighting stop, accidentally bumping into a large, hulking man that made her think twice about not carrying many weapons on her. "Excuse me." Then her perky nose wrinkled a little as she smelled how much alcohol this man had already or was already consuming.

Nicoli considered just knocking the other captain on his ass and guiding his crew back to their ship. His eyes narrowed a little before he gave a small smile, "Alright." Then he pulled out a sack of script, not even really bothering with counting it before he dropped it into the other's hand, "Don't go too crazy with it, little one." He chided, before giving him a mock bow and stepping back over to the bar, not bothering giving Antonio a goodbye. His nerves were on fire. And he needed a drink. He nodded his head at the other's taking a bottle of whiskey and leaning against the counter before downing a bit. He glanced over at Tyrese with a small smirk, "Don't drink too much. I need you to look at my shin later, yea?" He murmured, before taking another gulp and he could feel the warmth spread through him.

Lurker Lurker GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake Kyon Kyon

- 月の海 || Tsuki no umi -

'Make sure they didn't get into too much trouble' 'Don't let em' do anything without my command' Tsuki sighed at the thought go her captain's many requests, why was she always the one to look after his crew? She was almost certain that this wasn't part of the description for a first mate. And then again- considering she was currently lurking around the docks instead of doing said job she couldn't exactly talk. The rest had left the ship as soon as their feet would take em' and they flooded into the town like a wild stampede. But unlike them she had jobs to do, checking on the slaves, fastening ropes and tying down different equipment…. Ya' know, responsibilities and all that.

She had to admit there was one curious site that had really kept her here so long though, the Renascence and Tynedale together in one place, that certainly was a sight for sore eyes. She didn't trust it one bit, the two ships never just happened to dock together like this, and by the reaction of the towns people they knew as well as she did that the occurrence was off putting to say the least. She'd stayed purposely to keep an eye on any remaining members of crew on the other ship, considering all of theirs had headed off in such a hurry after all.

A small and held-back sigh escaped her tightly pressed lips as she straightened from her resting position against one of the walls in an alley, she'd been lost in thought for who knows how long, adjusting her clothing she turned her back to the ships and began to head off towards the bar, it'd be where the rest of them would be after all, that is if they weren't up to no good stealing something from someone.

Seemingly however it was her lucky day as she strolled into the tavern only to find most of them somewhere within, the Tynedal crew included. "What the-…." The words couldn't help but escape her mouth in a hiss as she looked around, this was an absolute mess! And the captain was of course right in the middle of it, looks like she'd once again be handling this situation-

A wince and then a stumble came from her as she moved forwards a little, hidden behind a crowd of people singing in a drunk manner, "Alright you lot, fun's over~ Time to get you sorry excuses for a crew back onto the ship." She muttered under her breath, moving through the bar slowly until she neared the captain himself, just a short distance away from him she raised a brow, hand sliding down to her shotgun in a rather suggestive way as to ask wether her assistance would be required in getting this 'crew' back aboard their vessel or he wanted to do it himself, that'd certainly be a change. The pain from before couldn't help but remain just a tad on her face, only recognisable to those who knew what they were looking for, she knew how to hide pain well. After all, you didn't really have a choice on a ship like hers, weakness was danger, it was an opening for someone to strike and something she couldn't afford to give.
HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons @AnyoneElseAroundHer?

Bart had been so engrossed in the fight in front of him he almost hadn't noticed the show that Tyrese was preforming beside him. A rather attractive prostitute had begun trying to charm the young lad. When she took the younger man's hat off Bart nearly groaned. Shouldn't have done that. He himself didn't wear a hat but if he did he definitely wouldn't want someone else to take it. When Tye suddenly kicked the girl in the stomach he was hardly surprised. He watched with what someone might describe as boredom as Tyrese borderline tortured the girl. Maybe ten, fifteen years ago Bart could have been found doing the same thing. he wanted to prove to everyone that looked at him how much stronger he was than them. Now that he was getting older, it all seemed so silly. he realized how pointless the posturing was. If someone wished to challenge Corsair's toughness they could meet him in combat.

The alcohol was doing wonders of waking Bartholomew up. When Tye spared the girl he found himself actually surprised. While Bart himself didn't care for wanton murder, it seemed many of his current crew were. He couldn't be bothered to say anything to them, they were a good crew. Most money he'd ever made, not that he was counting. There was something to be said of a bunch of people that just like cutting off limbs. They got the job done, and Bart wasn't quite old enough to try and give his wisdom to people that didn't care to listen.

Bart tilted the first bottle up, again finding that it had run empty. He sighed, setting the bottle on the counter. The man nodded when his crew mate told him to just stay out of the fight. He wouldn't argue with that. He found himself raising an eyebrow at the younger man as he talked about treating the captain's wounds. To each their own, he guessed. Bart let the second bottle of rum just sit there for the time being. He didn't feel like getting completely drunk if there was any chance of a fight breaking out. He had been in many fights drunk but he never remembered them after, and that made him sad. What was the point in getting in a fight if you didn't even remember it? Half the scars on his body he didn't even know how he got from his younger days.

Corsair was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt someone bump into him. He sat up a little straighter just in case it was someone trying to pick a fight, but slouched back down when he saw that is was a small female. Again in his younger days his reaction probably would have been different but now he just wanted to keep his buzz going. "Aw it's no bother. I'm a big guy, it's hard to get around me." He chuckled at the girl, his alcohol breath wafting in her direction. "Care to share a drink?" Bart held up the unopened bottle to the girl. Some might assume he had ulterior motives but he was just looking for someone to drink with at the moment.

Corsair turned his head to see that his captain had taken a seat near him. He bowed his head a bit, holding the bottle out to him as well. "'Lo cap'n. Oh, and lady cap'n's here too. Want some rum?"

Speaking to : HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons , Cosmos Cosmos
Mentions : GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake

Nicoli glanced over at his first in command, a small smile that he only really gave to her lightening his face, "Tsuki." He straightened a bit, nodding towards the entrance, "We will take a walk and come back for these knuckleheads later, if you don't mind?" He murmured. His past had darkened his eyes. His hands were slightly twitchy from the feel of the blood that wasn't really there. He could hear his father's voice echoing in his head, could almost smell his mother's perfume when he last laid eyes on the woman. And Tsuki was really the only one on the ship who would get the emotions threatening to make him sick no matter how much he drank.

Bart's call for a drink distracted him for a bit, and he clapped the Powder Monkey on the back, took a shot and smirked, "Don't get too caught up in the drinks. We leave in a few hours." Then his eyes went over to Meira and he slightly dipped his head before turning, his eyes hard.

Meira coughed and laughed, "I'm pretty sure you're drinking enough for both of us. But. I could use a shot." She stated, before her eyes landed on Nicoli. Captain of the Renescance. (? XD) She couldn't help but feel unsettled, especially when she had seen the blood lust practically dripping off of every taunt he had thrown at her captain, "What's it like working for him?" She asked, after the captain had disappeared into the crowd. She glanced up at Bart, an eyebrow raised. She was genuinely curious, if not a little sick, about how things worked on their ship. Did they really kill all and whoever for no reason? Was it like one massive orgy on deck at all times? What really happened aboard their ship..?

Cosmos Cosmos Lurker Lurker

- 月の海 || Tsuki no umi -

Tsuki simply nodded in reply to her captain, her hand moving away from the gun and instead resting back down at her side, she moved towards the doorway swiftly, eager to leave the bar as quickly as possible and go on this 'walk'. She often took strolls with him like this whenever they were to dock, sometimes words were shared and others nothing but silence filled the air between the two, the presence of one another being ore than enough to convey whatever they wanted. She waited outside for him, one hand tightening into a fist as a shaky breath left her mouth, pain creeping back onto her the more she allowed herself to tense, she had to hide it, she had to control it.

She had to be strong for him, and for the rest of the crew. "There was a jolly sailor man-…. who sailed the seven seas…." She mumbled to herself, trying to distract herself with he odd but somewhat well known child's song.

Bart frowned when the captain declined his offer for a drink and told him not to overdo it. He felt some relief though at the mention they would be back out to sea soon. Bart hated staying in any one city too long. he was afraid that as he got older one day he wouldn't want to set sail again so he tried to minimize the risk. His frown deepened even more when the lady captain gave him the cold shoulder, ignoring him completely. "Aye cap'n. I'll be ready." He called out after his captain before he shrugged his massive shoulders, turning back to the girl that hadn't yet run away from him. That was a start if he'd ever seen one.

Corsair let out a rather loud laugh at her joke. It was a hearty, belly laugh causing some people to turn and look at him oddly. "You might just be right, but even so I'd be glad to have the company anyway." Most of the crowd had filtered out of the bar with the conclusion of the fight so Bart moved to an empty table. He pulled out the chair for his new drinking friend before sitting down in chair of his own. The man raised an eyebrow at the girl's question but answered it anyway. "He's an alright captain, far as I'm concerned. Crew's good enough so I don't have to worry and the money's good." Bart shrugged again. He wasn't really one for forming personal opinions on people. "Crew's a little rowdy. Not the worst I've ever seen though." Unfortunately Bart wasn't lying. He'd been in crews that destroyed whole ports in their wake.

"Why ye interested, anyway? Looking to start a life of piracy?" He flashed a toothy grin at the girl, turning the question on her. He slammed the rum bottle on the table while he waited for her to reply, pouring some of the rum straight into his mouth. Though he was careful not to touch his mouth to the bottle. he was in the presence of a lady after all.

Talking to : HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons

Nicoli finally got out of the bar, taking in a breath of fresh air. He still had blood on his face and clothes, but he didn't pay it too much mind as he looked around before his eyes landed on his first mate, "Ready?" He asked, walking over to her. He only had a faint whiff of whisky on him, and his eyes were still clear and bright as he held out his arm for Tsuki, ever the gentleman.

Meira rolled her eyes and poured herself a shot, "I /am/ a pirate you lug." She stated before she tipped the glass back and felt the liquid slide down her throat, burning each nerve as it pooled in her stomach. She felt the heat, her cheeks turning a little red as she adjusted her parcels, "You're not the first one to confuse me for something like a hand maid, a waitress, even a prostitute this one time." She sighed, reaching up to tighten her ponytail, a small smile on her face, "Though it does add an element of surprise to my name, what's the point of being a pirate if no one trembles when you walk in the room? I'm sure they do that to you all the time." She pouted, "Truly unfair."

"Oh the Tidedale is no fun!

"Tynedale,"

"Yeah that too," Naddie moaned as the girl who swung like a monkey cleaned up. "Well at least they haven't seen the faulty supply lids," she shrugged as the two watched a couple of pirates leave their respective ships.

"But safer than the big R," they both chuckled before Blu looked on boredly. "Go on land, see if you can find them? Do we even know what they are doing here?" Blue asked the best questions and Naddie sat there contemplating. "Ok fine, what do I do? Wait on the docks? Have a wander on the beach? I'd probably get knapped," Naddie moaned extravagantly but a flicker of mischief in her eyes said she was definitely going to do it.

"Fine but you have to mess up the ship ag- no worries you can't walk,"

"You saying I'm useless?"

"Maybe,"

"Fuck you,"
-
Naddie used the water to whisk her Naiad form to the ship, the Tynedale, she hushed a few supply loaders when they screamed and proceeded to perch herself on the beam in front of the wheel so everyone on the ship would be able to see her.
-
Blu moaned before diving expertly into the sea he picked up speed, swam under the Tynedale, and launched himself on the other side out of the water onto the Renaissance. "Maybe I can steal something else this time," the merman used his muscular frame to pull himself along the deck, towards the contraptions they shot lumps of metal out of, he bagn fiddling with it and a few parts came loose. "Oops," he shuffled himself around a barrel on deck and looked out, waiting.

"I wonder if there's anyone cute and not totally batshit crazy on this boat," he moaned but carefully hid his tail behind the rest of it all.
7d2e0b1c9e9254f4ea919d72fbd793c2.jpg 3c5cc3a9240dae98ef65fb43727c07cd.jpg

Tsuki straightened up as Nicoli appeared, "Are you?~" She teased back to his well-mannered comment, she was more than used to him being covered in some form of the crimson red liquid known as blood and didn't pry nor question as to what exactly occurred whilst she was away. She simply gave a small smirk and head shake to the offered arm however, dismissing it casually as she slowly paced onwards and down the street, if she were to be honest she would've taken the arm in a heartbeat to help ease her struggle with movement, but as her personality currently was she politely denied the gesture.

"If I may inquire captain, what exactly is your goal in being here?" She asked a few moments later, pivoting her head to face the man with curiosity, he never did say why they went the places they did, just suddenly arrived and expected the crew to do whatever he asked- which of course they did, you didn't want to get on his bad side after all. She soon looked away once again, "The sailor would sing as he went…. He sung a cheerful tune…." She continued to sing the song to herself quietly.

Nicoli smiled slightly when she declined his offer, but he walked after her. The sun was starting to make his eyes hurt a little, but he didn't say anything about it. The Captain gave a soft sigh, looking down at his second in command, "First I was getting tired of those bloody mugs we call a crew and needed a break for a bit." He teased. "But mostly it's because I had an inquiry that some valuable information would be here today.. I just simply came to take it. Though this shin is starting to annoy me now." He sighed, "Remind me to just throw that man in the ocean and hope the sharks get him." He grumbled.

He never knew why she sang when she did. But he liked listening to her sometimes. Occasionally, when he was restless in the night and she was awake he would have her sing to him to settle whatever nightmares were keeping him up. But, she was precious to him and deserved to keep her own locked secrets away if that's what she chose. If she wanted him to know, she would tell him. He believed that with everything he was. "Are you okay?" He asked, making sure to keep his gaze forward as they walked.

People watched the two walk by, eyes wide and some making sure to hop out of their path. It was amusing to watch, but it reminded him who he was. Who they were. And he didn't know if that put pride or regret in his belly.

Cosmos Cosmos

Tsuki listened to his words with modesty and respect, nodding when appropriate and making small gestures at other times in agreement. "Noted, throw a man in the ocean before we leave the docks." She said in a jokingly serious voice, as if actually considering it an order before her smirk re-appeared and she looked forwards in the quiet, well between the two pirates it was anyway, the town was busy with people moving this way and that, pushing and shoving against one another with trading items or merchandise though still making sure to part for the pair. It seemed there was knowledge of the ships deeds in these parts, that was both a good and bad sign to the girl…. They couldn't stay here too long. The navy was sure to have been notified by now and knowing them would arrive by tomorrow morning at sunrise, Tsuki really wasn't in the mood for a fight right now.

She almost missed the captains next comment in concern of her well-being and she looked up a little, "Yeah, f-fine…." she stuttered a little in reply, half in surprise of the question and half- because she couldn't help but notice the unfamiliar sensation of tears forming in her eyes and slowly running down her cheeks, her mystic blue eyes holding a certain shine and innocent in that moment akin to that of a small child. She reached a hand up slowly and as if not believing she was actually doing the act rubbed at one eye only to feel the salty liquid drip upon it, the trail soon re-filling as she quickly turned away and moved quickly down an alley once more, "W-What?…. Why am I crying. Idoit! In front of the captain too ~ What are you doing… I don't- understand why?" She stuttered out to herself.

Bart grinned again, throwing his hands up in mock surrender. "Thousand pardons. Didn't mean to insult ye. You just don't look the part." If someone besides her had told him she was a pirate he wouldn't have believed them. "Well, I guess it can help, being so unassuming. People never expect you to slit their throats and steal their money." Bartholomew chuckled, thinking out loud. The crew he was sailing with now was so colorful he was beginning to think everyone was a pirate. Can't just tell on looks anymore. Why just a few minutes ago he'd watched a man who everyone assumed to be a boy nearly kill a prostitute because he was bored.

He raised an eyebrow at his drinking partner's next statement. "Well I didn't think any of that of ye, just don't look like a pirate that's all." He figured it wasn't that uncommon to get mistaken for a prostitute in pirate towns though. When a man gets drunk enough he hopes every woman he meets is a prostitute. Bart found himself laughing again at her pouting face, giving a little shake of his head. "No, I think my name has been lost to time unfortunately. I'm just a Powder Monkey now. Was a true terror of the seas in my younger days though." Bart's eyes glossed over a moment with the memory, taking another large gulp of rum before setting the bottle back down and pushing it across the table. He was starting to feel a little more than buzzed and the captain had told him to take it easy.

In the interest of keeping conversation and because he was genuinely curious, Corsair decided to do some questioning of his own. "What ship do ye be sailing with, then? Seeing as you already know mine. Also your name. I'll commit it to memory so when I hear about ye becoming a great pirate queen I'll be able to say I know you." The muscled man snickered, though his question was serious.

Talking to : HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons

Nicoli blinked when he saw the tears, taking her hand and guiding her into an alley, away from all the looks they were getting. He gave her a soft squeeze and wiped her tears away, "What's wrong?" He asked, though he didn't put any forcefulness in his voice. If she didn't want to tell him then that was okay with him, though he wished he could help her feel a little better, even if only a little bit.. He reached up and softly stroked her hair. It had become natural in all the years they had been together, along with the story of how they came to cross paths, but Nicoli wasn't about to get into that right at this moment.

Meira's eyes sparkled at the jesting, the laughing, the comments and surprise of her being a fellow pirate. She did find it rather enlightening to just sit back and trade quips with people, but she tensed a little when he asked for her ship name. Truthfully, she didn't want to get decked across the face by this man just because their captains go hand to hand pretty much every time they laid eyes on one another. But she didn't mind telling him, though her as a pirate queen did have quite the nice ring to it, she must say. "Tynedale. I sail on the Tynedale. But the name's Meira. That's a little more interesting than what ship I'm sailing with." She gave a small smile before downing another shot, her stomach warm and her cheeks taking on a beautiful rosy flush that accompanied every time she drank. But, she didn't feel the effects too much just yet. Just a little giddiness that was settling in her stomach and wanting to break free. She laughed, "Just wait. I am going to be a pirate queen and have men like you begging to kiss my boots." She purred, sending him a wink as the thought made her laugh a little more.

Kalgura was so ecstatic to see the woman hadn't changed much but upon closer observation she could see bloody nail prints on her hands some old. some new and her (go out on a leap) left wrist was bruised and swollen quite badly, despite the obvious happiness she saw the anger and almost overwhelming sadness buried in her eyes; they were so evident. Azalea never really was quite that well at hiding her emotions. but other than some dirt on her dress she seemed in good condition.
She was opening her mouth to ask Azalea who did she need to hurt for hurting her but she beat her to the punch as she went on in a quiet wry voice asking after her as she pushed her deep honey colored locks out of her face. Looking about furtively and noting where all of the people in the vicinity were as well as the bartender who seemed too preoccupied with something other than keeping an eye on his bar. She help up a finger to Azalea, she only needed a moment as she laid her belly on the bar next to the little boy who was not a little boy. She leaned all the way over, so far that her legs were off the ground and her head was nearly pointed straight to the ground behind the bar. She searched for the Rum she'd originally come in for and found several bottles that seemed of decent if not nicer standard as well as a bottle of wine. She grabbed the five bottles swiftly, trying to stifle the soft clanking noise the glass bottles made when touching and threw herself back onto her feet on the other side.

Unfortunately after she had escaped her captivity crime had been the only way to stay alive and she no longer barely even held a thought for little crimes like stealing and the such. She held the wine out to Azalea before turning to encompass the entire bar.
"It's a bit loud in here for a reunion, care for a walk on the board as we indulge ourselves? We can catch up and you can tour the ship I'm on." She'd said it with a touch of anxiety in her voice as the noise was beginning to get to her nerves. Crowds of rowdy men she didn't know frightened her and made her become supremely aware of everything about her. That type of paranoia could be taxing on her, and she knew despite the fear she could most likely take down many of the people in the tavern by herself but the fear that had been instilled into her from years of...bad handling to be polite wouldn't leave her. So she hoped Azalea would agree to leave this place that seemed to be getting riled up for something else even despite the commotion in the circle that had been what everyone was engaging in before began to break apart.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake @theunnamedbartenderwhoisntpayingattention

The ever loud bustling of the bar was starting to make Tyrese's heart beat a little bit faster, the more bodies that pushed around the small area and sweat the trickled off the mens hairy backs just put more excitement into the atmosphere for him, or maybe it was the liquor. His fingers curled around the glass bottle as he brought the top back to his lips, a buzz from the sweet liquid filling him up but sooner rather than later it was gone and the bottle that had been filled with promise betrayed him by becoming empty with air. Placing the fragile brown glass back onto the beer stained and splinted wooden bar table he contemplated whether or not it was a good idea to grab another one, as he thought about it Tye noticed a girl bump into the man he was speaking to earlier. A smirk grew on him as he watched their interaction but not for too long, his back straightened when his captain had finally arrived near him.

' It's about time,' he thought while his eyes gazed over at the obviously already buzzed Nicoli, though it wasn't really an alcohol induced buzz and more of a fight buzz, Tye had experienced them quite often but something about the captain when he was doing it made it so much more attractive. His girlish legs swung a bit and one might assume if he were a dog, his tail would be wagging at his captains words so that meant he wouldn't be going after another drink today. " Aye aye captain.." his words weren't very slurred and Tye knew what he needed to do in order to completely sober up, it was an old trick he'd seen his mother do when he was a boy and because she did drink often, he practically knew the rhythm by heart. His mind about to reopen a memory, he quickly shook himself out of it and looked over at the first mate that walked into the bar with her hand on her shotgun like she was planning on using it.

The thought did pass over Tye quickly, after all the woman was pretty strict so even Tyrese knew what was best to do when she was around and what was not, the closeness between Tsuki and Nicoli had bothered him at first before he starting seeing them more as brother and sister than possible lovers. Tsuki was more of an overbearing older sis after all, though it's not like he knew what having an older sibling felt like, only what having a younger one was like. As he evaluated the first mate carefully he couldn't help but notice from a medical point of view how uncomfortable she looked, however he brushed it aside for now as he watched her and the captain go out on their 'walk.' No doubt to discuss things that the rest of the crew couldn't hear.

A slight 'tch' came from his mouth as he hopped down from the stool and walked passed the flirtatious duo that tipsy Tye would now refer to as the sea's own Romeo and Juliet, just thinking about it made him laugh a bit as he began to walked out of the bar. He had to make sure that he was prepared to treat any wounds that may have popped up thanks to staying ported for so long, as he was about to formally leave he overheard the strangely friendly conversation between the Renaissance slave and a stranger whom he recognized as someone who had reached over the bar and taken rum. Taking a few steps back he interrupted their conversation happily, his one good eye glancing over the stranger though he stood next to Azalea strongly giving the new presence a smile before he spoke, "Azalea won't be able to go anywhere you, she has previous arrangements." He grabbed a hold of the arm that he had previously bruised not so long ago and stared at the markings with a fake pout, "oh no the captain won't like it if his little Azalea flower is damaged, good thing I'm a doctor, I'll wrap that up for you when we're back on the ship."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons TenshuZninja TenshuZninja Cosmos Cosmos

Azalea was glad she had asked. She felt Kalgura giving her a once over, from her wrist to her hands to her eyes. She was really quite terrible at hiding emotions, hence her sharp comments. She felt her face heat up in humiliation and embarrassment before she watched what Kalgura was doing out of amusement. Maybe before she was a slave, she would've scolded Kalgura for stealing, but after seeing multiple men killed, and being used by the captain, stealing was practically nothing at this point.

Azalea eyed the offered wine cautiously before she took it with her unbruised hand with a smile. She was a bit of a lightweight. She'd never tried rum or anything strong of that sort, only allowed one or two glasses of wine from where she's came from, so she was more or so grateful that it was wine. She'd just have to make sure not to get drunk. Nicoli would not be happy if she did...on second thought, she'd love to get drunk.

Azalea didn't fail to hear the anxiety in Kalgura's voice when she asked if they wanted to go outside, she frowned slightly, realizing Kalgura was probably still very emotionally scared from her past. She glanced around cautiously to see if any of the crew was looking, not spotting any of them glancing her way, she quickly turned back around, her features softening a tad bit, "Of course-" Azalea began but was cut off as Tyrese's voice sent chills up her spine and she found him at her side.

She glared daggers at Tye as he latched his hand back on her bruised wrist, she sucked in a silent gasp at the pain before attempting to rip her arm away, scoffing when he said he'd patch her up. "More like amputate my arms," Azalea snarled, still trying to yank his hand from her throbbing wrist. "I'd be happy to tell the Captain you created these markings, and the fact you've given me a nasty bruise." She smiled but it was an icy, deadly and threatening one, her hazel eyes dark with hatred,

"I don't really think he'd like that, what do you think? But then I guess, considering he's not really walking around with you, I'd say your chances are slim." She hissed, contemplating breaking the wine bottle over his head and making a beeline with it. Of course, she created the nail markings on accident, but the captain didn't need to know that. It was leverage over a jealous Tye.
GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

Marion had stood nearish Tye and the other crew members who all ended up coming to the bar to drink themselves stupid. Not that they weren't all stupid already. She watched with a grim smirk as the pouting boy next to her toyed with a prostitute, then nearly kill her to get her away. Ha, poor girl, I would have been much gentler... though she would have been dead like her coworker. Marion also, noted the captain leaving with the fairly cranky first-mate, and the very drunk Bard embarrassing himself with a female. The girl he talked with didn't look like a pirate at all, but looks can be deceiving. Marion of all people knew that.

Turning her back on Tye for a few seconds to watch the room, Azalea'a sharp breath brought her attention back to the conversation happening next to her and turned to face them again, swearing, "5 damn seconds Tye. 5 seconds!"

"Tye, let go of her damn arm. You're too drunk to do any good and you're just letting her rile you up." Marion growled, glaring at the three. "Grow a pair and get over it. Or at least don't be mopey about it." Turning her increasingly cranky mood the the two friends, she sneered, "You're not going anywhere with her, girl. But, I'm sure I have room for you both somewhere on my rigging." Grinning, her eyes danced with the danger that hid behind the pretty face and fare skin. "One wrong move, and I'll rip out your throats with my teeth!" She snapped her terrifying teeth for emphasis.
(Forgot where everyone is, but she stayed near these people, that's all I know)

GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake TenshuZninja TenshuZninja Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Holding on to her wrist tightly he paid no mind to the throbbing sensation that the damaged tissue gave off as a sign of pain, no doubt the bruises would be ugly and if he pushed hard enough or squished her wrist tight enough they might become fat too. Just big fat ugly bruises that would stain the color of her skin till it eventually healed over time, his smile didn't waver as Azalea gave out threats to tell the captain what he had done and in doing so ripped him away from his day dream.

He tapped his bottom lip carefully giving a slight hum as if he was actually considering letting her go before he shook his head sadly, " tsk tsk, you just don't trust me do you? Well maybe you are smarter than that floorboard over there." Tyrese looked back at her with a smirk before squeezing tighter onto her arm only just for a second before returning back to his neutral grip, "but you don't know my captain even though you two are so close, I think he'd understand a little force being used if you were trying to run away again because you're such a quick runner."

Something about alcohol always made him a bit bolder, makes him snap back at people with passive aggressive remarks that would normally stay in his sarcastic little head if he was sober, a sober Tye was a quieter more calm Tye who at works with shoot glares at people. About to open his mouth once more to spew thoughts about the slave that hadn't been said yet he heard the shrill voice of Marion who tipsy Tye had learned to associate as the kill joy.

The girl didn't even get drunk like the rest of the crew because she physically couldn't, Tyrese just wanted to experience a wasted Marion, someone who was probably slobbier and more violent than the sober Mari that he had grown to know. Casting a glance up at her he rolled his one eye and made a show of throwing Azalea's arm down from his grip, "okay okay, she's yours so don't lose her as for my 'growing a pair' I have sweetie and if you need reassurance you can ask the captain or come check yourself~"

The more he spoke the more he was starting to realize that he probably should get out of the bar, maybe it was just in his head but he could swear that the smell of alcohol was making him even more drunk than before. Without saying goodbyes he went off out of the bar and on his way to the ship where he would attempt to sober up as quick as possible before everyone else could return to it and requested some kind of medical attention or needed to eat something.

The closer he got to the port the more he felt something was wrong with the ship and low and behold as he approached Renaissance it looked like someone who wasn't part of the crew, had long boarded it. Carefully Tye reached inside of his shirt and took out one of the knives that he kept stored there while he walked aboard, it looked like the place had been ransacked but it also didn't appear that anyone had stolen anything.

His feet hit the floor as he checked the cannon balls that were spewed onto the floor and wondered if the perpetrator was still aboard.

Luckz Luckz Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow MermaidShireen MermaidShireen

Bart was actually really enjoying himself talking to this person. He had gotten so used to the savageness of his crew he forgot how fun it was to have a normal conversation with somebody. If they weren't about to leave he would be drinking significantly more to raise his enjoyment. When the woman mentioned what ship she sailed with, his eyes narrowed suspiciously. For a moment it seemed the man was about to get angry but then he laughed loudly again. "Never heard of it!" He was being honest, he hardly remembered ship names so it was no surprise he didn't remember hers. "Meira, huh? I'll definitely remember it." Bart nodded to himself, committing the name to memory. Whether or not he'd ever hear from her again remained a mystery.

Meira's joke caught him off guard and he slammed his hand onto the table, laughing again. The sudden motion made the bottle of rum jump slightly into the air and several people jump in surprise but Bart hardly seemed to notice. "Of that I have no doubt, Meira. And I'm sure I'll be first in line to do so when that time comes." Bart returned the wink with one of his own when he started to hear a commotion going on behind him. He suddenly remembered he'd never given her his name, even though she knew what ship he was on. "The name's Bartholomew by the way. But I just go by Bart, it's a lot shorter." He gave a genuine smile to the girl before turning to look over his shoulder, noticing the four women at the bar. Oop, make that three and a man. Bart let out a sigh of relief that he hadn't said that out loud, lest Tye cut his throat while he slept.

Tyrese was harassing the captain's slave girl before storming out after his other crew mate had said something to him. With a small frown Bart turned back towards his new friend, thumbing over his shoulder at the small group. "Welp, seems I have to go make sure my crew plays nice. I'd like to come back here some day." With that Bart stood up, sliding the chair noisily across the ground and trudging off before he had given the woman a chance to respond.

He reached the women, towering over them all. He didn't say anything at first, just standing there looking imposing as he eyed each of them. When his eyes landed on Azalea a flash of pity might have been noticed in his eyes. He had never known why the captain needed a slave, but it wasn't Bart's place to tell the captain what to do. Even now, he didn't really care what happened with the girl. He just knew that if something happened to her and Bart hadn't tried to stop it, his captain would be very displeased with him. Corsair's desire for money outweighed his indifference to slavery by a long shot.

"Hello ladies." He broke his own silence, noticing the bruises on Azalea's arms. "Shouldn't you be with the cap'n?" He spoke to Azalea. He wasn't trying to scare anyone, but he subtly had positioned himself between the girls and the exit, lest they try and make a run for it. He knew Azalea to be always looking for a way to rid herself of the Renascence and her crew. Bart was keeping a careful eye on Marion as well. He knew her bloodlust to be just as insatiable as Tye's at times.

Spoke with : HolyMacaroons HolyMacaroons
Currently talking to : Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
Also with : MermaidShireen MermaidShireen , TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

The merman was fumbling with the side of a barrel before hearing footsteps just behind him on the dirty and messy deck. Shit. Fuck you Naddie, where was the signal. He looked over and the Naiad smiled at him, making silly faces. He giggled quietly before catching is deep velvety voice into his palms. Tucking in his tail further than any tail has gone before his electrifying blue eyes peered round the smooth wood. The boy was currently just facing the other way but no doubt held a delightfully sharp object in his hand. His. Kid. Child. He was fucking tiny and looked like a toddler. Don't give gremlines weapons. He thought to himself and looked at Naddie on the Tynedale. He rolled his eyes as he quietly communicated asking for help but she ignored him on purpose, suddenly finding interest in her legs. Blu rolled his eyes.

The merman skittered slightly so he was closer to the edge of the boat where if he was quick enough he'd slip right off and fall home. "Cute," he whispered, looking at his hair from the back and his attire of what he could see behind. The black haired merman edged out further, a curious lionfish. There wasn't much he could do except scare the poor boy and he smiled devilishly. This ship would be great fun to follow but more importantly what were the two hear for? Pirates were strange and the man's eyes sweeped across the deck incase he missed anyone else out.

GiantSugarCake GiantSugarCake

The more that Tyrese stood on the ship and investigated the mess left behind by the invader the more that he became convinced that the mystery person was more than likely still aboard because of the fact that everything looked rushed. The mess looked like more of a whim than a mission to complete so he doubted it would be the other ship trying to sabotage them, plus their Captain was still at the bar the last he saw so it's not like he could give the orders at the moment. His knife twisted around in his hands as he contemplated what course of action he should take, Nicoli was out with the first mate, Marion was watching Azalea, Bart was flirting with the enemy, the cabin boy was who knows were, Bard was doing who knows what, and the rest of the crew was a complete mystery.

A growl escaped Tye's mouth the more he grew frustrated with the situation he was completely alone, " all I wanted was to sober up so that I could make out with the captain, is that so hard to give me world?!" In a moment of anger he stabbed into the wooden side of the ships hand rail a few times, yanking the blade out before forcefully throwing it back inside of the material.

His breathing was pretty quick for a moment before he inhaled deeply, shutting his good eye and letting go of the hilt of the knife, leaving the blade inside of the handrail and taking off his hat while he ran his hand through his blond hair calmly. He could figure this out, this would be fixed quickly and violently just like any other problem that occurred on the Renaissance was resolved, as he was trying to calm himself down he noticed the movement of the barrel behind him. His honey colored eye opened as he turned his head to the barrel, his hand reaching and yanking the knife he stuck into the ship out and holding it in his hand, Tye ran and grabbed at the barrel quickly, figuring that the intruder had stuck himself inside. " I hope you know what ship you just climbed onto, when I open this thing I'll peel your skin back and make it into a new hat."

Luckz Luckz

The sudden appearance of the child who was not a child hadn't surprised her, The growing paranoia Kalgura felt made her more conscious of her surroundings. He grabbed Azalea's wrist, the one that was badly bruised and before she could speak out in protest the two were bickering back and forth. It was fairly obvious neither of them liked each other and the look in the boys eyes told her he'd like very much if Azalea would die. She wanted to be brave and help her friend whom she'd just found. She tried again to speak out but this time the other woman who had been observing the bar from a distance came over.

Her red hair swinging, and her dark eyes darker still in irritation at the commotion possibly. She attempted to pick out information from their words as they threw them about but it was hard from the non-committal snippets they spoke. All she understood was Azalea was with the captain of their ship and he wouldn't like her just walking about. A chill ran up Kalgura's spine as the warning flashes in her head formed a hypothesis she hoped was not true. The last time she'd seen Azalea she'd been a slave just as she was but the situation had been slightly different. The thought that she hadn't gotten her freedom like Kalgura had put a knot in the pit of her stomach. On impulse almost without any focused thought She slipped the rum bottles she currently had in the satchel she had for them only keeping one bottle in hand. She quickly opened, barely registering the male she'd heard called Tye run off leaving them there to sort this mess on their own. She opened the cap and guzzled straight for a moment.

Drinking fast and not feeling anything go down her throat she drained the bottle almost completely oblivious until the bottle was gone to which she set it down on a chair near the bar. It took a moment before the contents of the bottle effect her and they did, in a rush that had her cheeks an even darker color than they normally were and a light sweat breaking out on her forehead. The warm feeling of the alcohol unloosed the knot that had taken residence in her stomach and her head felt only a little bit muddled. One bottle was not enough to slow her down, not physically anyway. As she slowly became a functioning adult once more she saw the big man approaching them. He greeted them all but spoke to Azalea.

Drunkenness was the best excuse for doing things she normally was too afraid to do. An excuse for Kalgura to feel brave and use her more deadlier skills with full confidence. Today would be no exception as a thought solidified and latched onto the inside of her mind. She smiled at the behemoth of a man, a wide friendly smile that said she was more drunk than she thought she was. "Hello." She greeted back as her hand slowly reached out to Azalea's arm. She tugged the girl behind her as she stepped just a bit between Azalea and the two others who were obviously from the same ship as her. She hoped Azalea didn't run as she did let go of her arm because if she did it would simply not be smart while she was being targeted by both of these very lethal looking people.

Oh the red head looked thin but her appearance couldn't deceive Kalgura who had seen some of the most unlikeliest of people be the sickest. Not to mention the open blood-lust on the woman's face and the threat she'd only barely caught as she guzzled the drink. Riggers, like herself, tended to be very strong from all of the manual work that was climbing and having to do many things while heavy winds and weather beat upon your body. She took out another bottle of booze and opened it as well before she took a swig from it. The more she drank the more courage she might be able to glean, especially standing in front of this hulking fixture of meat and muscle. She offered it to him more as an after thought and a plea for civility. "Would you care for a drink?" Her words weren't quite slurred but they weren't crisp either. She hoped she wasn't wrong in her assumptions at the end of this day. Her eyes wandered about and she spotted a crew member of her own ship sitting at a table. And as she recalled the captain was somewhere about the tavern too, at least she wasn't all alone in the bar.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow MermaidShireen MermaidShireen Lurker Lurker

Marion's gaze flicked up to Bart for a brief Moment before leveling her gaze back to the females infront of her. "The oh so amazing captain," she flicked some non existent dust off her coat," left her here and went with the first Mate. But I have her covered. I'M not like Tye who wears his emotions on his sleave and will go homicidal every damn time Nicoli is brought up." That child was so Overly emotional that his kills reminded her of a child acting out to get a parent's attention. Namely Nicoli's attention.

''It honestly helps to be Murderous all the time. Less wishy washy shit and far More fun. And I'M not going to explode and second and wipe out the room." Marion looked back up at Bart, "that is why you came over here isn't it? so I don't kill the captain's plaything or one of Tony's crew?" The girl downed a bottle of rum, then opened another and started to drink that too before greeting Manion's crewmate. she raised an eyebrow at how Much that girl had Just drank and Made a small disgusted noise. with lightning speed, She grabbed the girl 's loppel and pulled her close, kissing her. Then, nipped her lip with her iron teeth Just enough to draw blood and stepped back.

"Not too terrible a taste for Someone who Just drank a bottle of rum. " Marion grinned, promising a slow and gorgeously painful death if she attempted to leave before Marion wanted.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Lurker Lurker TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back