• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A New World

Nylana

One Thousand Club
You find yourself in the presence of a Goddess and nine other people. You all are standing in a transparent bubble that is looking down on an unfamiliar landscape. The unknown Goddess smiles at all of you, "I have chosen you to inhabit this land and create a civilization. You will work together and each take on a different role. You will refer to me as Lillith. From here on out, I am your ever watchful goddess. Now, come forward and state your name and the role that you will take in this new world." (Please read overview before making a character.)

Lola strode confidently over to stand in from of the Goddess. She said her name was Lillith, I will have to remember that, the hobbit thought to herself. "My name is Lola," she said to the raven haired woman, "I am a farmer."

The Goddess Lillith smiled down at the small female hobbit. "Well, Lola, as our farmer, I gift you with these tools to help you." The unearthly looking woman gave Lola a hoe and a small shovel. Smiling, the goddess than asked, "Who is next to introduce themselves?" @Ami the breadling @loyalwolf @Srion Receno

What was happening? I had been pleasantly counting my coins that I had gathered through days of hard work on my potions, when suddenly POOF! I showed up in this God forsaken...well, it was forsaken by this god, well, goddess, oh you know! The point is, I was a little pissed.

I stepped toward and pulled out my daggers.

"Look, I just want to be left to gather my herbs and stuff, ok? And I have a name, kneckt. Giista, I feel like I'm back in the colony!"

"Well, Kneckt, would you like to be this new colonys gatherer? Food such as berries or anything you think your village will need would be found by you. You'd be such an important member of the village." She gazed down at the odd creature in an amused sort of way, as if he was a young child that had done something cute and funny. She smiled kindly and gave him a basket woven from a glittery material that had straps on it so that it could be carried easier. @Idea

Elissa watched as the insect looking thing spoke to the goddess. He said his name, Knexkt, and she watched as her new goddess spoke to him and designated him their new gatherer. The elf maiden strode forward and spoke before the male could respond to Lillith, "I am Elissa. If it pleases you, benevolent goddess, I would like to be your priestess." With that she bowed low to the new goddess and smiled a small mysterious smile as she pledged herself into Lilliths service.

Lillith smiled down at the elf. "As my priestess, I give you this small statue of myself and a small packet of herbs that, when burned, will help all who enter my temple relax and remain oeacful within those walls. I will reveal myself to you in dreams and signs that you must interpret. Who next will state their name and role within this new society?" @Ami the breadling

I didn't even know what to reply. This was so absurd that I had lost my words...She had given me a bloody BASKET! Did I look like a helpless old lady? I could make containers better than that out of couve-flowers!

But even worse was the lone of mindless sheep gathering around her to receive these backyard sale "gifts".

"What are you doing? I personally wasn't asked about this. I want a refund." I commented

@Nylana

Sara had been on her hand and knees in the corner looking down at the ground this all was new to her the land and seeing it in a different perspective. she was smiling as her eyes danced with excitement she had a small notebook out along with a pencil and was making notes of the new land, not really paying attention to what was going on around her.

@Nylana

Eptal stood forward and gave a slight wave, "Hello, I'm Eptal. But feel free to call me what you want, as long as it is recognisable of course. I am a hunter, and it would be a pleasure to gather meat and fur for the village." She then formally bowed then looked up for a response, she held a sweet smile.

@Nylana

Silentia, happily stabbed her victim and shouted frm the cage fight she was in. "I win again!" She shouted as the blood covered her and she swung a large heavy metal hammer around. "Unfortunately this is my last fight and so...GOODBYE!" She bowed before kartwheeling off of the stage, into a floating bubble. Her weapon still with her the Quinari woman hissed. "Where am I? Goddess? Ooh exciting," she chuckled as the girl looked at the other people there.

"My name is Silentia Lavenham, Quinari, seeing as the others have been taking, hit me up as a builder my love!" She chuckled.

-

Hammer was happy, standing in the Guards room and carefully swinging his large sword and attacking his opponents with ease, the large man was a beast ad not to be messed with and quite frankly he was very piss ed at the moment. He was attempting to let go of steam before a man walked in, turning to him to engage in conversation, he was then transported to a bubble oh too bright.

"Where am I? God forsaken you, rerun to my land, I am not a pawn in your game," he sneered out with annoyance as the male Quinari held his sword up and rest sit on the armour on his shoulder, he growled and his deep voice was very masculine, but very very angry.

Axel observed everyone as they spoke and told this goddess who they were. He had a small smile on his face. “My name is Axel, and I guess what I do is heal people for a living. I would love to be the one to fix the wounds of all the people you allow to come to see me.” This is the chance he had been waiting for, the chance to help the world to become an amazing place. The small fae had himself bandage up, he would love to show people the kindness that he felt he can offer them. He smiles at the goddess and said “as you can see I’ve had a lot of practice healing and fixing up my own wounds.” This was his chance to be useful and help others. he would be honored to help anyone that need him and hope the goddess agreed with him.

"Very well than, Eptal, you are the villages hunter. You may have a bow or a spear. Which would you like?" As she waits for Eptal to reply she turns to Silentia. "Silentia step forward to receive your tool belt. This belt contains nails, hammer, and a small saw. The hammer is made from a metal found down below in your new home." Turning to Hammer, she frowns deeply, "You will make a truly amazing guard for your village. But, you must learn tolerance and patience, Qunari. As you have a weapon already as well as armor, I do not need to bestow a new set upon you." @metalcity @LaDyGrEy

"Axel, as a healer you will work closely with Elissa. She is my priestess. You to will share knowledge. In this sack, healing herbs from the forests and mountains as well as other places in your new home are for your use. They are limited, so be sure to take note of their looks as well as what they do. You may name them as well." Lillith looks at Sarah, "Young one, as you are already writing about the land in your own journal, you are the mapmaker and explorer. It is your responsibility to make note of any land and what is in that area that you encounter." @Srion Receno @loyalwolf

"Thank you for my role in the village, I will not disappoint my lady. Oh I would love a bow. I mean...please may I have one bestowed upon me?" Eptal asked, bowing before the lady. Keeping decency around in this area. Her mind started to trail off to what type of bow it would be, what colours, what gems. She quickly kicked these thoughts out and continued to wait for a answer.

@Nylana

Lillith smiled and laughed softly as she handed her a long bow made of honey yellow wood with string of a silvery color. The goddess also handed the hunter a quiver of arrows also made of wood the same color as the bow. The fletching on them was made from jewel tone feathers of ruby red and amethyst purple. "The feather are of a common bird in the land below. It is called a Ruben. They are jewel toned birds that are also edible. The tree that the wood came from are yellow oak. Many trees and animals may be familiar to some of you. Now, young hunter, just remember to hunt only what your village needs to survive. Don't kill for sport." @metalcity

"As you command my lady." Eptal politely stated as he took the bow and arrows. She inspected the bow, it was beautiful. She felt the wood, it was a clean cut with no errors. She placed it over her shoulder then looked at the arrows, the feathers were soft to touch and the wood was like the bow, no errors. She was in awe of this tool, she then readied the bow and pulled back on the string, testing its durability. It was very strong and would last a long time "Thank you." She stated as she put the bow back over her shoulder and walked to the other group of people.

Sara jumped when the goddess spoke to her and she quickly jumped up grabbing her notebook and turned to her. "yes ma'am!" she said happily she wasn't really sure what she was saying yes to but, she wanted to get down to the ground as fast as she could so she would say yes to everything and anything at this point. As she stood there looking at the goddess she glanced around at the others in the bubble.

@Nylana

Axel nodded his head at the goddess and said “thank you so much for trusting me with this important task.” He then looked around the room for Elissa and figure it would best to introduce himself to her, considering he will be working closely to her. together they would help all those in need and bring about peace and happiness to the land. He smiles happily at his own thoughts, getting lost in a world of no injury or pain.

He snapped out of his day-dream remember that he need to find Elissa to introduce himself. He scanned the room taking everyone in, that when he found the girl he was looking for. He slyly walked over to her and gave her a small wave. Then he said in very small voice “hello there my name is Axel, now I’m the healer. I figured I should introduce myself to you since we will be working together.” He then pushed out his hand in order to give a hand shake and be as polite as possible. @Nylana

Elissa smiles thinly at the far male that introduced himself as the new healer. Sighing inwardly she responded politely, "My name is Elissa. It will be a pleasure working with you and living side by side with you in our new home." @loyalwolf

The Goddess looks kindly at her new worshippers. She had carefully picked these individuals as they were the best in her immortal eyes. Her lavender eyes studied them intently as she spoke, "Now, I am sure that you all are wondering why I have chosen you. Forgive me for taking you from your homes so suddenly. You see, I made this land and decided that I needed beings such as yourselves that were already experienced. You are among the best and most talented of all the races and peoples of the world. If anybody can do this and succeed, it is the nine of you." The dark haired Goddess stopped speaking and then nodded to herself. "I would like to give all of you one last gift to start you out with." At this she motioned in front of her. Appearing out of thin air a line of nine brown leather bags laid at her feet. "In each bag you will fine candles, a way to start fire, a water pouch, a journal and a writing utensil. It is my hope that each of you document your findings and work together to name plants and trees as well as animals and your town." @Ami the breadling @metalcity @LaDyGrEy

I facepalmed. Was that big pile of white not listening to my words?

"I am pleased that my talent is recognized, but please understand this whole "being brought to" ...uh...wherever this place is, represents a terrible inconvenience. Wait, we have to NAME the things around here? You mean, no one has ever gone through the trouble of...oh no. No, no, no, no, no, no....You`re NOT telling me we`re stranded somewhere with no information whatsoever!"

Nonetheless, I picked up the bag and looked inside. Indeed, it contained the things she mentioned. It didnd`t seem I was gonna get anywhere with her, so I thought as well trying to ask a more..."open-minded" question.

"So, there is nothing else that`s sentient here? Just the nine of us? And we`re suppose to build a whole society by ourselves? What`s happens when everyone of them is dead in..." I said pointing at my peers, then I looked at them inquisitively "What`s your lifespan again?"

@Ami the breadling @metalcity @LaDyGrEy

As Sara picked up her bag she listened to the being beside her each word he said about the land being new and unexplored made her smile even more and shake with excitement. she didn't even bother to open the bag or to answer questions that were probably not directed over to her, it would be strange of they were because despite her happiness people normally avoided her and her them. Sara walked back over to were she was and looked back down over the land, she couldn't wait to get down there and look around and it showed on her smiling face.

@Nylana @Idea

Lillith smiled, "That's right. I did not wish to create an inferior species when talented people were already available and would survive splendidly here."

Elissa looks at him, "I am immortal as far as age goes. I can be killed but not by old age." The light haired elf looks at Axel and sighs softly, "I believe most far are already immortal and I know the Halfling there has a significant span of life yet to go." When she said the halfling remark she motioned at Lola. Lola nodded her head and smiled softly. @Idea @loyalwolf @Srion Receno

I grabbed my neck as I nearly chocked.

""Create...and inferior species"?!" I turned to my peers again and examined them with my gaze, then looked down upon myself. There was no way THAT was gonna work. None of them reassembled even remotely a mantid empress, and I was pretty sure nothing of the sort was concealed beneath their clothing either. I facepalmed and faced the goddess in a, well, lessthan-positive mood. "When do we start?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back