• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A New Era: S.H.E.L.D. Taskforce

The Mist

Des appeared on the top of the building Lorne was clinging to and peered down at him, "Are we done now?" she sighed, "Honestly I could do without the party tricks."

She really didn't like having to reason with all these spunky kids who thought they were hot stuff. If it wasn't against her contract she would think about teaching them a lesson or two, but of course she had to be
professional. And there was always something they wanted, always something that would drive them."If you don't want to be a hero, then...how about revenge? Justice for your father's tragic death." she dangled the prospected in front of him hoping to pique his interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking up, Lorne soon realised this was indeed the real deal. "Yes..." Climbing up to her, Lorne stood next to the girl and told her his reasoning. "Why would I go with someone who has no evidence about what they are claiming. Now I know you have powers, I have at least some evidence...I have common sense you know." Hearing her offer for revenge, Lorne let out a sigh. "If I wanted revenge, I would be locked up in jail. No, the one thing I want I can't get..." With a sigh, he waited for the female to lead the way. "I'll follow..."

@Arythra Thainspyre

Carol Ferris

Carol was still wearing the ring, that turned her into Star Sapphire still. " No! What do you know, Hal?" She questioned him, on why he cared about her so much when he's the one that left her when her father passed away and she had no one else to share how she felt with. He had always been her childhood friend and she's always shared everything with him until he left for another galaxy. She had agreed for him to leave her and help the other galaxy, but part of her did blame him. "You left Hal! I had to deal with everything here while you were saving the world..." she told him, taking a few steps back from Hal.

@Arythra Thainspyre

The Mist

Des was surprised at how well this boy was cooperating, it was obvious he had never met anyone with different kinds of abilities than him. She was expecting more of a cookie to crack, but was relieved she didn't have to expend the effort.

"
Jesus if you wanted proof all you had to do was ask," she flashed him a tired look as she pulled out her official badge indicating she was an enlisted agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. snapping it shut she remarked, "Sorry there's no picture, I don't show up well on film." slipping it back into her jacket she smiled at her own joke.

Glancing back at Lorne she instructed, "
Follow me as best you can, Spidey but please try not to make a scene." she turned, disappearing into mist in front of his eyes as her white form went twisting through the sky heading in the direction of their hidden base.

Green Lantern

Trying to keep his cool while doing everything in his power to avoid suiting up and taking Carol down by force he nodded sympathetically, "I know Carol...And I know I can never make it up to you but please," he reached out to her, "Let me try," he pleaded, "We can do this together! " Taking a step closer to try and reason with what was left of his girlfriend. It was that blasted ring! It was doing something to her like how the Red lanterns were driven by anger and pain this purple ring had to be driven by some other strong emotion...and it looked like it was directed right at him. "Please Carol..."

Carol Ferris

Carol would never harm Hal, but her alter ego Star Sapphire would. Her eyes started glowing purple including her body, outraged by how Hal was still reasoning with her. She was out of control thanks to the ring. "I don't want your help. You've never taken our relationship seriously. I can take care of myself," she told him, inching away from him a bit more. At the moment, her anger was drastically ten times more serious than it really was. It was almost like the ring causes Carol to love him hard, but hate him harder when she has the chance.

@Arythra Thainspyre

Green Lantern

Hal's features hardened as he realized that there was no reasoning with this new Carol, "Then you leave me no choice." he held up his fist and the ring glowed with otherworldly light, encasing his body in the full Green Lantern uniform. The mask fitting perfectly over his pinched brow as he hovered, surrounded by the lantern's power of will. "Just know that I do this only for your safety." He shot out coils of light from his ring, attempting to restrain her long enough to remove the unidentified ring. All the while blaming himself for this situation they were in.

Carol Ferris

" Don't you dare try and take the ring away from me!" Carol shouted, trying to fight against the power of his will. She was being restrained by him and she definitely didn't appreciate what he was trying to do. In her mind, she's pretty much offended by what he's doing and is probably going to attack him out of 'self-defense'. " If you get any closer, I'll give you a piece of my mind!" She warned him.

Green Lantern

He tightened the ropes around her so she couldn't thrash about and hurt herself or him, "You're not yourself Carol!" he cried out above her screaming. He hoped to god that she wouldn't figure out a way to utilize the power of that accursed ring before he had the chance to get it off of her, "Steady, steady..." he cautioned himself as he came closer and closer reaching out to remove the angrily glowing artifact from her finger so he could get back the Carol he knew so well and find out who was at the bottom this deranged act.

Carol Ferris

Carol gave up on fighting against the rope that was tied around her. Luckily, she can still wiggle her fingers and make a fist. She imagined purple hand slapping away Hal and that's what exactly happened. She used her imagination plus, the power of her ring and figured out how to 'protect' herself. She's new to wearing the ring and becoming Star Sapphire, but she knows the basic usage of the ring. " You deserved that!" She told him, completely showing no guilt or sympathy for her boyfriend.

Green Lantern

Hal went sailing backwards and rubbed his reddening cheek, despite the seriousness of the situation at least he knew some of the old Carol was in there. He grinned, "You're right, I probably did." the smile slipped from his features, "But that's not what the problem is here." Once again he came hovered closer and attempted to remove the offending object from her hand, this time being cautious of any more flying hands that may come flying his way. He silently cursed, she was just figuring out her powers and he had no idea what Carol's capabilities would be but if he knew anything about Carol they would be anything short of great.

Carol Ferris

" Get away from me!" Carol shouted at him, before attempting to use her flying hands again. But, this time she used her hands to block Hal from coming near her, as if she was pushing him away from her. " Im not the problem, you are," she stated, blaming him. Star Sapphire brought out Carol's true feelings by saying things she don't particularly say on a normal day.

Green Lantern

Once again being propelled away and blocked off from the ring he ground his teeth in frustration, "Okay new plan." While still maintaining the rope coils he created a fishing pole out of thin air and cast the line, hooking onto the ring and giving a swift tug. If this didn't work he would have to find some other noninvasive method to get the blasted thing off without hurting Carl. Trying to ignore the things Carol was saying as idea after idea flew through his head, either reserving them for later or checking them off as unpractical.

[QUOTE="Felicity Smoak]

Carol Ferris

" Get away from me!" Carol shouted at him, before attempting to use her flying hands again. But, this time she used her hands to block Hal from coming near her, as if she was pushing him away from her. " Im not the problem, you are," she stated, blaming him. Star Sapphire brought out Carol's true feelings by saying things she don't particularly say on a normal day.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Arythra Thainspyre]

Green Lantern

Once again being propelled away and blocked off from the ring he ground his teeth in frustration, "Okay new plan." While still maintaining the rope coils he created a fishing pole out of thin air and cast the line, hooking onto the ring and giving a swift tug. If this didn't work he would have to find some other noninvasive method to get the blasted thing off without hurting Carl. Trying to ignore the things Carol was saying as idea after idea flew through his head, either reserving them for later or checking them off as unpractical.

[/QUOTE]
"Okay that's enough, you two and your lovey dovey drama." said Shin arriving covered in a tachyon aura. He drew the Red Muramasa blade and held it between the two infusing it with tachyons. He deflected green lanterns fish hook but also held his blade out to keep Star Sapphire back. "Okay now let's talk this out like we're on Dr. Phil because you two are certainly a couple in need of counseling. Continue fighting like this and I shall make your ears RING, get it RING." he continued.

Carol Ferris

Once Hal took off the ring before Carol could pull her hands back, Carol collapsed onto her legs while still conscious. She was exhausted after attacking Hal. She's never worn the ring for this long. When she had put on the ring, she had lost control of what was going on because the ring was consumed with the anger she had secretly had against Hal. " Hal..?" She asked him, wondering what had happened and why was she on the floor. Also, why he was in his Green Lantern suit.

Green Lantern

Hal's green lantern suit disappeared as soon as he caught the ring in the palm of his hand, stuffing it in his back pocket for now. Falling to the ground and moving over to where Carol was laying sprawled out on the floor. He cradled her head in his lap and softly sat stroking her cheek. "Don't worry," he whispered, "Everything's gonna be fine now." he smiled as he watched her return to her old self. The one he knew so well.

Carol Ferris

Carol nodded, looking up at Hal. "What happened?" She asked him, wondering what had happened after she had put on her ring. She does not remember what happens once her anger consumes her while she was wearing the ring. She wondered how she was on the floor and tired for no reason that she can remember. She glanced around to see how it appeared as though there was a fight between them. " D-Did I hurt you..?" She asked him, frowning a little.

Green Lantern

He grinned, rubbing the reddening side of his cheek, "Nothing I didn't deserve." he propped her head up as she started moving, "All that matters now is that it's over." He let out a sigh of relief, Carol had become her old self and had apparently suffered no mental trauma from the incident either. The only problem they had deal with now was the original sender of the ring and finding out their overall purpose...

Carol Ferris

Carol noticed that he rubbed his red cheeks, before she gently reach up to stroke his cheek. "And I guess I'm the cause of this," she said, with a nervous chuckle. She felt guilty for hurting him, but he did kind of deserve it or at least that's what she thought before slapping him. It was kind of funny how he got slapped and still can have a sense of humor. That is one reason why she loved him. " But, I'm sorry...." she apologized, even though she does not remember a single thing.

@Arythra Thainspyre

Green Lantern

His face grew seriously, "No," he said firmly, "None of this was your fault. Someone sent this ring for you to receive and I'm going to find out who it was." He picked her up in his arms, "But first you need to rest. Using these rings can drain you both physically and mentally even when you're in control." he laid her down on the couch and spread a blanket over her. Sitting down on the edge he stroked her cheek and kissed her forehead, "I'll figure this out, I promise." he whispered.

Carol Ferris

No matter what Hal said about how terrible the ring was. Once Carol wore the ring, the ring and her had already bonded. That also means that part of Carol will tempted to put on the ring again when she has the chance. Her curiosity and stubbornness to try and fight the influence of the ring had always been in her mind. "I know, that you'll figure it out. You always find a way, but you can't do it alone. I'm here to help you," she told him, with a weak smile.

@Arythra Thainspyre

Green Lantern

Hal stroked her forehead and apologized, "I'm sorry to do this, but I have to get back to the task force and analyze this ring and you need to get some rest. I'll tell you anything I find and we can talk about this tomorrow when I get back." he planted a quick kiss on her lips before grabbing his coat and heading out the door. The unexpected exit he had made would not give him a very good standing with the crew considering the boss was already mad at him as it is. What was her problem anyways?? He though as he started a brisk walk on the cold street towards their hidden base.

Carol Ferris

After Hal left, Carol found the ring that he dropped from his pocket. She was suppose to return it to him, but instead subconsciously her mind was telling her to keep it. She slips the ring back onto her finger, feeling the urge to put it on. It was almost like when Hal left, she had forgotten all about their conversation about how dangerous the ring was. She was ignoring all sorts of consequences. The ring was telling her that she needed to wear it and that's what she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back