• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A New Era: S.H.E.L.D. Taskforce

Green Lantern

"Hah," he wiped the mist from his eyes and took one of her hands into his own, "I guess we both have things we need to work on..." he closed his eyes and pressed his lips to the back of her hand in solice.

[QUOTE="Arythra Thainspyre]

The Mist

Ignoring Hal's rude intrusion, Despina gestured for Mr. Harada to follow her down a mundane looking hallway, "Well, that all depends on what happens tonight." she explained, walking at a leisurely pace, "If there are no disturbances I wouldn't be surprised if the Chair decided to test our strengths in a 'mock' mission." she leaned in closer as if they were many ears around, "But don't tell the kids that..."

[/QUOTE]
Shin nodded his head before walking away to his room. He entered a few minutes later into an apartment like room. To the left it has a bedroom like area walled off from everything else but lined up directly with a kitchen area that was also walled off from the rest of the room. In between the bedroom and kitchen was a few feet walkway which lead to a vault which stores all his equipment and such. The forefront to the room was a 25 square feet open space. In the center was a circular platform which was the really his computer system which he accesses from a little device on his wrist that when activates expands to resemble a computer interactive fabricated orange glow which responds to a neural interface as well.

Carol Ferris

Carol smiles a little, before she held onto his other hand. "I feel like I should show you something that's been on my mind. I haven't had the chance to talk about with you until now.." she said, planning on showing Hal the ring that's chosen her.

Another day for Lorne to mourn. Man, why did his name rhyme with mourn? It made it sound like a show. A bad comedy show that somehow still got the ratings it needed to stay on air. With a sigh, Lorne sat on the roof on his home city of Manhattan. Oscorp, the building he was looking at, the place where his brother...no, father had died, was having another great day. Lorne hated Osborn for doing what he done to his dad. But, it was his fault. If he hadn't been a stupid little boy, his father wouldn't have paid the price of his life. Picking up a rock, he threw it at the building and continued to think in that way. After a while of throwing rocks at Oscorp, Lorne laid back on the roof and stared at the sky. Just another day for Lorne to mourn.

The Mist

Despina closed the door to what was known as "The Watchtower" a room filled with computer screens and monitors with cameras all throughout Coast City and even a few around the world for special cases. She was usually the only one who frequented this room but it was available to all members who signed up for night watch. Opening up the door to a small cooler filled with refreshments and juice she pulled out an opaque, unlabeled pouch and sat down heavily in one of the swivel chairs. Cracking open the top of the silvery package, revealing the black crimson liquid inside.

After taking a long swig she let out a relieved sigh, her green eyes flashing from screen to screen nothing going amiss. One of the screens was fixed on a young boy they had been monitoring named Lorne Arford. S.H.I.E.L.D had been watching him diligently after the death of his father suspecting something different in his behavior. Despina didn't really know why they bothered monitoring all of these minors but S.H.I.E.L.D's intuition was rarely wrong, once he finally showed his powers she would move swiftly into action.

Green Lantern

Hal looked up, concern pinching his face, "Of course, what is it?" a thousand things were running through his mind. Was it another man? Was she pregnant? Did she hear something unsettling about him? He squeezed her hand in assurance, knowing he would try to work through whatever it happened to be.

Carol Ferris

Carol walks with Hal back inside the house and closed the door behind. "When you were gone, there was so much going on here.. And one day, I came home and I found this random ring that I never remember being there. At first, I thought somehow had broke into the apartment and left the ring.. You know how curious I was so.. I put on the ring and I just..transformed.." she explained. " I don't know how and why, but since then this ring has given me abilities that I have never dreamt of.." she admitted, still unsure of the origins of the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Lantern

Following Carol cautiously he listened open mouthed to her story. Holding up a hand he stopped, "Okay, hold the phone" he pinched the bridge of his nose, "What do you mean by you 'transformed'? Was it permanent? Do you feel any different? Have you done anything strange lately?" he scanned her up and down trying to discern some sort of abnormality or physical difference in the Carol he knew.

Carol Ferris

Carol decided that it would be easier for the both of them, if she had transformed in front of him. " Watch," she told him before slipping on the ring. Her body started glowing pink and she turned into 'Star Sapphire'. " Crazy, right?" She asked him, thinking this was insanely crazy, but astonishing at the same time.

Green Lantern

"Th...that's incredible," he said in awe, watching as a purple flash of light encircled Carol changing her wardrobe and giving her a glowing purple aura, much like his own power ring. Quickly shifting to business mode he circled around her inspecting every inch, "Amazing...I wonder what its made of? What is its power source? Is it a ring of power? If so I've never heard of one that resembles this... And who sent it...?." he paced around nervously all the while thinking these things aloud.

Carol Ferris

Carol shrugged. " I don't know much yet, Hal. But, what I do know is whatever I imagine can happen," she told him, what she knows she could do using the ring. The ring was powered by her love for Hal mostly and a reflection of her emotions.

Green Lantern

"But--! But how??" Hal wracked his brain for the answer and came to the conclusion that it wasn't a good one. "Carol...I don't think this is a good idea...that ring could be dangerous! Or sent here to corrupt humanity or even worse!" he exclaimed. He couldn't bare the thought of Carol getting hurt or mixed into a Lantern corps that he had possible exposed her to.

Carol Ferris

Carol shrugged, almost as if she doesn't even care. It is very unlike Carol herself to not be worried about something so abnormal. Between Hal and herself, she has always been the worried one, not Hal. " I guess I'll just have to find out," she said, completely ignoring the fact that this ring could corrupt humanity. She has noticed that she has been a bit bipolar, but the ring convinced her with ideas that it's normal.

Just looking up at the sky, Lorne continued to think. If he could go back to save him, he would. Anyway, it was too late for him now. Despite all of his amazing powers, he couldn't do what he wanted. Typical. Letting out a sigh, Lorne slowly rose from his position to be sitting up once more. Picking up his last rock, he threw it with a strength that could penetrate the reinforced glass of Oscorp. As it flew through the sky, Lorne shot a web to stop it from hitting at full speed. He didn't want Osborn knowing he had the same abilities, if not greater abilities then the famous Spider-Man. The rock bounced of the glass gently and Lorne stood up.

Stretching upwards, Lorne jumped right down into an empty alley way with ease and continued with his daily routine. He hadn't been caught so far and he didn't plan to get into any trouble to do with his powers. And with that, Lorne began to make his way home.

@Arythra Thainspyre

Rose sat still, watching the crowds stroll through the park. She needed to find shelter soon, or she'd be out in the cold overnight... And that's the last thing she wanted. There was a bridge nearby. Perhaps she could take shelter under there?

Shingen explored the base on his own until he came across a suitable training room. It was a dojo style room so this was just his style as opposed to a modified boxing ring. Upon stepping into the room did a projector at the top of the room produce a training opponent. It projected a ninja in lightweight armor which bowed to him and remained in the bowed stance. Shin walked in front of the ninja and bowed back. The ninja snappdd in to a stance and drew its weapon, Shin put one hand on his blade as the ninja dashed at him. In one quickdraw slash the ninja was in two pieces. He then heard a voice that said "Demo mode complete." A screen was projected in front of him detailing a main menu and menu choices, like a videogame. He chose to stick with this for the time being to pass the time.

Green Lantern

"Carol! This isn't like you at all to not be bothered by something of this levity!!" He took a deep breath, trying not to entirely loose his cool. "Okay there's a simple solution, let me scan you with my ring and we can figure out what's going on." He held up his hand and a green ring, his symbol of being part of the Green Lantern corps appeared out of nowhere. "May I?" He asked hesitantly, no knowing WHAT to expect from this new Carol.

Carol Ferris.

Carol shook her head. " No, Hal. There is no reason for you to scan me..."she said, backing up a bit as if she were to going to make a run away from him. It was almost as if the ring was making Carol seem more secretive when Hal was only trying to help her.

@Arythra Thainspyre

"Are you Rose Smith?"

Rose turned her head to locate the voice. Behind her was a person in a suit. No matter how hard she tried, she simply couldn't focus on his or her face... "What do you know about S.H.I.E.L.D?" They asked, taking a step closer.

"Who are you?"

"That's not important. Look, you're coming with us either way"

Rose felt a sharp pain at the back of her skull, moments before falling unconscious.

She awoke in a room, undecorated but for two things: a door and the SHIELD logo on the wall.

The Mist

A wicked grin spread over Despina's face, her sharp teeth glowing under the artificial light of the monitor she had previously been bent over.

"
Got-cha", she chimed playfully.

Seconds later already making her way to the door she tapped the communicator in her ear, "
Canary? I'm heading out to apprehend another possible recruit. Tell Harada he has Watch Duty while I'm out and get acquainted, I'm sure he's already familiarized himself with our facilities by now. Also, check in with some of our newer recruits. I'll let you know how it goes. Over and out."

The heavy metal doors now closed behind her, she already faced the darkened street in the blink of an eye. Honing in all of her concentration she sharply inhaled and shifted her whole form into that resembling a white mist, that which granted her the name.

She slipped in and out of air currents, swiftly navigating her way to the area she had just been monitoring the boy from, materializing on top of a building back into her humanoid form. Her black hair whipped around her face as sharp eyes surveyed the streets, tracing the paths he could have taken. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath tracing the boy's scent that once stood where she was now, her eyes snapped open and she misted down to the alley way, vaguely making out the form of a teenage boy. The scent was unmistakable.

Despina materialized in a damp empty alley way only a few strides away from him and called loud enough for him to hear, "
I think you might have some anger problems kid." she stood swathed entirely in black, leaning against one of the brick walls with her arms crossed in front of her, "You should be seeing a therapist, Mr. Arford." she remarked casually.

Lorne was almost out of the alley way before hearing a voice from behind him. No, in front of him. Around him? Just, somewhere near him. Stopping, the boy slowly turned around to see someone standing there with a huge smirk. Anger problems? "No, more like depression." He replied with a monotone voice before looking her up and down. Another one of Osborn's experiments? No, no one knew about his abilities. Not even his m-Grandmother.

But, this changed when the female called him by his last name. "How?" He simply asked. "My name, not the therapist..." Lorne wasn't that great with his powers yet, but if this ended in a fight, he would use them. Even if that meant hurting this random person.

@Arythra Thainspyre

The Mist

Despina held up five fingers and counted off each one as she went, "Denial, Anger, Depression, Bargaining, and Acceptance." she looked up evenly, "Five stages of grief. Now I'm no psychiatrist but I'd say you're experiencing at least three of those right now." Noticing the way Lorne tensed up his body she sighed and put up her hands, "Relax, if I was here to hurt you don't you think I would have done it already? No, S.H.E.L.D. protocol says you have to come willingly. " Sometimes protocol was such a hassle...

Her face spread into a wide grin, "
So what do you say, do you want to be a hero?"

The Black Canary heard Des through her communicator and answered. " I'll be telling him that now," she responded, before going to the training room to find Harada there. "Des told me to inform you that you are on watch duty while she goes to apprehend a possible member of this team," she told him, when she found him in the training.

@Raikou Kaminari

"Whatever..." He mumbled as this person went through the so called five stages of grief. "You're right, you're not..." Watching the female put up her hands, the only thing the male could think was: this is a trap. Like, seriously, you don't just start a conversation with someone in a dark alley way without any other motivations. Lorne almost cracked a smile at the 'If I were to hurt you' line. She obviously wasn't aware of his abilities. "S.H.I.E.L.D? Wait...big important organisation S.H.I.E.L.D?"

What did they want with him? Did they know of his powers? If so, what would they do? Experiment on them? Mould him into a soldier or a super slave? "Hang on...be a hero?" Now, did Lorne want to get into all of this? Gods? Aliens? Hmm...the real question was, would they help take down Osborn? Probably. But he had to see if this was real. "Sure...but I have to test you first...catch me..." Suddenly, Lorne jumped high into the air, towards the building on the left. Then, as he made contact, he jumped off to the right. Staying there, Lorne watched was this chick would do. If she had any sort of special abilities, this was more then likely real.

@Arythra Thainspyre

Green Lantern

"Carol, please." He held up his hands imploringly, "I just want to make sure you're okay..." his mind was going a thousand miles per hour, unsure of anything and a sad ache began to form in his heart at the thought of anything happening to Carol because of him. He reached out his hands so he could clasp her own hoping at least that affection remained between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back