• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Marriage Between Nations (Plotting)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hi just here to drop a few things because the RP has started that should have been done before but I am a lazy-ass
Ambiloquous Ambiloquous I think Luc and Uziel would know each other, not deep just acquaintance pretty much. Hmmm what do you think of Luc knowing about being Jorel?

Sylvio Sylvio Hi! I think Elmon and Luc would have a rather professional relationship as he is a part of the Royal Court? Perhaps Elmon teaches Luc about the Kingdom's economy too? Luc would be a good student, he'd love to learn from someone who got the position of minister at such a young age. An admiration for Elmon's brilliant mind, although Luc may think that they can do better with the agriculture he wouldn't voice out his disappointment over it and would rather come up with a way to help if he can and suggest it to Elmon. What do you think? I'm fine with any tho.

I can't really think of ideas for the others, mostly because Luc wouldn't know them but if you wanna suggest how their future interactions would go then I'm game.

Also @AI10100 hey, whatchu think about Luc foresighting Allie being a thief?

Sylvio Sylvio hi idk if you missed this but I wanted your input on it.

I guess I stopped getting notifications for this thread for some reason??? oooft

But I skimmed through everything and I'm very excited! Also, posted on the RP thread.

//mobile

Sylvio Sylvio I have a question that's pertinent to Aria accepting the Ramona's gift. Is the ring enchanted or magical in any way, or is it just a finely crafted ring?

Um, in the midst of writing a post, and... Did Jason just barrel forward and began scaling with no regards to anyone else?

Time for some disciplining, cause Harridan does not take that kind of insult lightly.

Oh lordy, people have already posted twice and I haven't even posted once. Ah well, guess I'll just be late to the party.

You know, the more I write for Sigs and think about her character, the more and more I realise she is effectively a stronger, gayer, more militarised Borat :xFoops:

Oh demn did not see the notifs coming. I've been super busy with holiday prep but I should have a fashionably late post soon!

Sorry for the delay!

Hnggg, I feel like it's not great but it's something! Feel free to tell me if I made any mistakes, I'm really tired and had some trouble understanding some of the posts because of it.

Took me a while longer than I thought but behold, Harridan being an arse. Although, surprisingly, a justified arse just this once.

Today was a great day.

Most people didn't often say these words. Something was always the problem. Money was short, perhaps. Their love didn't reciprocate their feelings. Their friends had arbitrarily decided they did not enjoy their presence. Their position was threatened. So many concerns. So many problems.

Harridan had long since solved all such issues. And he had managed to do it not with "self reflection and meditation." Not via faith in higher causes, in devotion to "benevolent" Gods. Not through the power of "love", "compassion", or anything the bards kept prattling about. No, he had solved all his issue by killing their sources. He'd carved a bloody swath across No man's land until he was top dog. Then he had killed yet more when he came to Alor, those who dared openly oppose him, and plenty who didn't too, but that he just found annoying.

He was powerful, he had many friends, he bedded only the most beautiful of women. He was very wealthy, he was influential, he was a god amongst men. What more could he ask for than that? There always was something, of course. Some score to be pulled. Some wretch who thought politics could save her. A new conquest to be made. But they were supplementary. He had no real need of them. Their success or failure concerned him very little, for nothing was truly at stake.

By the Source, what a great day!

Today was a special day. Day of a great banquet, to celebrate Zoleii's marriage to the king of Evander. Evander! A great military power, said the other advisors! A valuable ally! He laughed at such absurd claims. Evander's mages were weak! With only the feeblest of control over their own power. Ah, but Evander has Knights, countless knights! And greatly trained ones, too! Fools...Surtha Ek, of the Bonechewers tribe, back in no man's land, also thought his hordes of orcs would save him from Harridan and his much, much smaller crew. Now, not even his bones could be found, and not even a stone of his stronghold was left behind for anyone to find. Granted, Evander was considerably larger, but it had been several years of practice and mastery of Harridan, too. Alas, why not let Zoleii have her fun, too? Especially if she dispatched this King like she had dispatched the other one. Oooh, the mere memory of that night caused his lower lip to momentarily tremble in lust. He quickly tried to suppress the memory-going out to greet the visitors with a hard-on was not bound to be a good idea.

Having finally decided that he should at least go and introduce himself(late, of course-didn't want the raiding band that masqueraded as an actual nation to get the wrong idea about them being equals), he moved away from the window from where he had been watching, and ordered his personal bodyguard to form on him. They were no mere royal guards-they were mercenaries, each and every one of them handpicked for their skill, cruelty, and ruthlessness. Although they wore the symbol of Alor on their armors, their actual appearances bore several characteristics of the harsh lands they had come from, with reds, greys, and blacks drowning out the far weaker greens and yellows of Alor. Harridan himself dressed in much the same way, though far more lavishly-the message was clear.

He hadn't even walked forty paces when he noticed an incredibly odd sight. A massive bird was perched on top of the castle. And...the Boor from the raider clan was...scaling the wall? What in the hells? Rage flared up in Harridan's face for a few moments, but he managed to contain it long enough to order a bandmate, Belico, A sorceress of graviturgy: "Don't let him die, but give him a warning."

She pointed at the giant man climbing the castle, spoke a word, and suddenly, Jason would find himself light as a feather. The odd sensation would last less than a second, as Harridan's cast came right afterwards. A blast of force, originating from seemingly right in front of Jason emanated, sending him careening backwards, his reduced weight only adding to the distance. A warning shot would be fired at his giant owl should it attempt to intervene-Harridan would not have this moment ruined by poultry. Although the spell allowed him to survive, he landed rather ungracefully, definitely cracking a couple of ribs and bruising the entirety of his backside. His clothes were not in a much better shape, and his axe, having retained it's normal weight, shattered at the hilt by the mere impact, though the blade of good steel was mostly intact. Harridan had calculated the power well-the trajectory made Jason land relatively close to his starting position, amongst his own people. The message was clear.

A fuming Harridan approached the royal guards of the welcoming party, his voice raised. "What foolishness is this? On such an auspicious day, you let your guard down so badly, you would allow a common brigand to rush and try to scale the castle? In front of our guests?"

The confused guards could barely find a word to utter as a comment on the absurdity of what had just transpired. "L-Lord, we...we tried to stop him, but he bullrushed right past us! And-And this is no common brigand. T-This is Patriarch Jason! Of the Serpent Clan!"

Harridan's rage was replaced with a truly confused expression. "Say what now? Those pirates over at the islands are actually a nation now? What's next? Should we start scouring the woods, see if any wilders also want a crown?" Many of the assorted nobles chuckled at this. Perhaps it was a desire to get on Harridan's good graces, or perhaps genuine mirth at the antics of the giant man. Harridan himself turned to face Jason, before beginning to adress everyone.

"Then again, perhaps we must show understanding to this poor, confused man. He probably was not aware human hands could build structures so tall. After all, where he comes from, a barn must be considered an unconquerable stronghold! Maybe he mistook it for a mountain?"
More laughter at Jason's expense. Harridan only wished Zoleii was watching all this from some corner. Yet his expression soon soured, and he addressed the man as one would address a misbehaving dog. "Unfortunately, though, you must understand something-this is not whatever shithole you come from. This is the proud Kingdom of Alor. Just because it's not only your brains, but your body that match that of a gorilla does not give you the right to do as you please. Were you not a guest, I have you executed right where you stand. This courtesy shall not be extended a second time. Behave. Or else."

While Harridan backed away to face everyone else, now, one of his retainers saw fit to lighten the mood a little. After all, the anger of the Commander was a dreaded thing, and those that knew better were already backing away. "When I was a boy, my mother told me that the female warriors of the Islands were so fierce, they might as well have beards! Looking back on it now, I kinda wish it was true! At least it would help conceal some of that unfortunate accident they call a face!"

More amused chuckles, as the lighthearted mood returned. Harridan addressed the rest. His eye caught...Hydra earrings on one of the guests. One of the particularly comely guests, might one add. The reason for his confusion was simple-he'd paid them off a week prior. So, why was this one here? Did one of his bandmates skip out on payment? He'd have to ask her-the hydra was not someone he wanted to piss off, even with all his power.

"Now, ladies, gentlemen! I would like to sincerely apologize for...whatever that was, that you just saw. I wasn't informed they had received invitations either. Some scribe's fault, to be sure...I'll have whoever is responsible for this fined accordingly, make no mistake. But! Let's not let that sour this amazing day of celebration! Please, come! Servants shall guide you to the appropriate accommodations. Let us celebrate this occasion with the fervour it deserves! For royal marriages are not common occurrence!"

With a final bow of the head, he motioned for the proccesion to follow him to the castle, his wide smile genuine. A mangy cur put in his place! The day kept getting better and better!

ALL present(too many to ping)

Edit: Curse your bloody name :(
That is either super brave or super stupid. Openly insulting one of the three leaders of the kingdom with the largest and strongest military force. Not to mention that leader being a beast among men with no equal physically. Also, that's a good way to start a war. Respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back