• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Magician's Misadventures (Flip & Thalia_Neko)

Flip Jester Boy

Professional Shitposter
Cyrus awoke from his midday nap under a tree outside his cottage in the forest. The sounds of singing birds and chirping crickets were calming as he got up from his resting place under the tree. Stretching, he gathered his things and prepared to head out into town to pick up supplies such as food and potion catalysts. Sword at his waist and staff in hand, he headed off into the woods, admiring the peaceful day which he hoped would remain.

Meanwhile, a small group of bandits stalked a young, silver-haired girl as she wandered through the woods.

@Thalia_Neko

"And get out of here girl!" Shouted a man, as the silver-haired girl stepped out of the tavern, wooden doors flapping behind her. A bottle shattered on them just after she left. Clearly her presence had bothered them in there.

'Rumor has it you should check the nearby woods, girl.'

"Guess that's what I'll do," Magie said to herself, heading off in that direction, disappearing into the forest.

Her feet were beginning to ache, from walking and searching for so long. She had been hot on his trail, and her recent clues had lead her to this particular forest. Would she find the great magician here? Butterflies were in her stomach. That could only mean one thing. That of course she was going to meet him! Why wouldn't it mean that?

"Hey girl," a gruff man's voice said. Before she knew it, she was surrounded on all sides. Ruffians of the brutish sort were blocking every escape option. They had been stalking her in the trees!

"Tch, damn.." Magie hissed, glancing between them. Fire flickered on her fingers. Even with the small magic she knew.. There was no way out of this. "Crap, crap, crap."

"Look, lads, she's gon' light our pipes fer us!" one of the bandits exclaimed, mocking the small flame on the girl's fingers. The other bandits laughed and jeered along with him. "Now, why don't ye be a sweet lass and come wtih us?"

Cyrus heard voices off in the distance as he walked along. It seemed to be another group of bandits. Well, there goes my peaceful day, he thought to himself. With a great sigh, he went off in the direction of the voices to see what was going on, drawing his sword as he hurried.

Magie glared them down. "I don't think I should do that. You may corrupt me. I'm a lady, and you lot are.. well.. rather uncivilized folk. Would you really like that? Corrupting a poor little lady? Where's your honor? Wheres your respect?" She smiled prettily at them, but kept the fire dancing on her fingers. She'd fireball the first one to move at her. Then maybe she could get the second... Then.. she'd run?

"C'mon, lassie, we're respectable men, ain't we boys?" the one who seemed to be the boss spoke, the other bandits agreeing with him.

"Yeah, we just wanna show you a good time!" another bandit said, slowly approaching the girl.

Cyrus hid in a tree to get a clear view of the situation, noticing that the girl had a basic fire spell prepped in her hand.

"Okay, okay," Magie responded calmly, chuckling a bit, holding up her hands, while backing up. "Let's just chill, and have a nice chat here. This is a nice little clearing right? Comfy grass. Warm -but not too warm- weather. Just enough shade. Bird song... It's pretty relaxing out here, eh? Why not stick around for awhile and enjoy it! Take a load off. Smell the roses."

((I added in my character's picture))

"...Get her," the leader commanded, prompting the rest of the bandits to jump at the girl.

Might as well save her, Cyrus thought, sighing as he used a basic teleportation spell to warp in front of the girl, sword drawn and his off hand free to cast spells with.

The rest of the bandits halted, looking to their leader on what to do.

(good picture :o  i recognize that guy from somewhere but i cant remember where)

Magie squeaked, "Eep!" when they started charging her off the leader's backing words 'get her'. Instantly reacting, she threw a fireball right at his face, and the small thing of fire connected right dead center of his nose.

Suddenly someone instantly appeared in front of her, and she stared up at him in shock and awe. "W-wha?.. Oh... my... " god.

The bandit snapped back from the fireball singeing his nose.  "Gah! Why you... who are you?" the leader inquired, just noticing Cyrus standing in front of the girl.

"Just a passing traveler who hates people that pick on others," Cyrus said, brandishing his sword. Two of the bandits charged at Cyrus, but he quickly cut them down with a quick flourish. Three more bandits attacked Cyrus, but noticing that their movements were sloppy, Cyrus danced around them, finishing them off with ease. Rage filled the bandit leader as he took out several daggers and threw them at Cyrus. Cyrus cast a wind spell, creating a tornado of wind around him which deflected the daggers away. Cyrus dashed closer, channeling a lightning spell into his sword as he held it to the bandit leader's neck. "Now, get out of my forest." The bandit leader gulped as he fell backwards and scurried away in a panic. Cyrus flexed his left hand. I hope I didn't show off too much.

All that while Magie had been standing staring in utter disbelief. Awestruck she began to excessively giggle, her face turning bright red. "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!" She rushed him, and began clutching his garb. "Holy crap, mister! That was amazing! The best magic I had ever seen!!" She thought about asking. But no. She shouldn't. There was no way. Right? Oh what the heck, she'd ask! "Sir, would you happen to be the Magister Ultimus! Huh? Wouldya? I've never seen magic like that before! Oh, please tell me you are!"

Cyrus sighed at the mention of "Magister Ultimus." "And what if I am?" he asked in a cold tone, pulling his cloak away from the girl's grip. She better not ask to be my apprentice. He sheathed his sword and crossed his arms.

Eyes sparkling with intense wonder and wonderment, Magie could't help it. She leaped forward again, grasping his cloak once again, not getting the hint. Standing on her tip-toes, she inquired instantly. "Omg! Magister Ultimus! -Make me your apprentice!! Please!"

"No. Just go back home, girl. I don't wanna be bothered," Cyrus grunted, pulling away his cloak again as he headed back home. Looks my peaceful day was ruined after all. As he began walking away, he forgot that he left his magic staff leaning against a nearby tree.

Magie's spirits fell, and her eyes downcast towards the forest floor. She kicked some grass and glanced up. Spotting his staff, she rushed over to it and grasped it. "Wait!! You forgot this!" the girl shouted, running over to him, carrying it over.

Cyrus was already out of earshot of the girl, using a teleportation spell to get back to his cottage in the forest. He went up to his bedroom to take another nap.

Magie sighed, just barely seeing the spark of some sort of spell and he was gone. Groaning, she collapsed against a tree's trunk, sliding down to the ground, still holding his staff. Now what? She'd have to find him again! Especially now, so she could return the staff! "Oh gosh.. What now, Magie?"

"Woah!! COOL!" The girl blurted out, watching this strange sprite just emerge from the staff. At first she tried to catch it in her hands, but couldn't grasp its formlessness. With a joyful laugh she began chasing it. "Hes that way? Alright, sweet!"

After a few minutes of chase, the sprite led the girl to Cyrus' house. Meanwhile, Cyrus awoke from his nap, noticing something was amiss.

Cyrus got out of bed, realizing he forgot his staff in the forest. The staff was the most important thing to him, for it was his only memento of his parents when they sacrificed themselves to aid him in the sealing of the planar gate into the abyss.

Magie had kept up with the strange thing, tripping through underbrush, and roots, pushing through bushes and branches, but she would not lose it. It was far too cute to be lost! Suddenly she came up upon a house. Peering at it in wonder, she held the staff close to her. Was this her destination?

The sprite returned to the staff as Magie arrived at the house.

Cyrus charged out the door only to slow to a halt as he saw the silver-haired girl standing at the treeline with his staff in her arms. "How did you get here?" he asked with a commanding voice and a serious look on her face.

"Hehe," Magie giggled, watching it return to the staff. She even tried to grab it one more time before it disappeared. As soon as Cyrus came out of his house, she squealed and launched herself at him, hugging him once again. "Your staff lead me here!"

Cyrus pushed the girl off him, though her words were puzzling. "What do you mean my staff lead you here?" He took back his staff fro Magie as he held it close.

Magie almost felt like something had left her, when he took back his staff. Pausing and responding in a softer tone, she replied, "Iduno. It just showed me the way here, back to you. I figured you did something to get it back to you.. cuz you know, you left it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back