• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A little romance is ok, but it isn't everything

American queen

Glorified Nap Dealer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, this isn't a fancy post.

My name is Crystal, and I'm on the search for something that is pretty niche. I'm on a phone, so this page won't be in shimmering code and whatnot. However, I believe in quality of written word over the beautification of it. I will start with the plots, which are all original and realistic, followed by my qualifications in a partner.

PLOTS:

MEDIEVAL/RENAISSANCE
I0FOBfmP1sJYphDdzev_-wKzXhVjEac0bjqtTpIQn4HgNLZQPNTVkWxf79B_240C5isokrXJX-l5nq7VCndRZc6BT0qS4PcUrhKLgzv5TlJAccDq3N8pVXlo-o9s1q29SP9xc1_o

The cold road to the King of Frankräich
Spring, 1558

Evariste’s very soul seeped grey, mirroring the grim sky hovering above that wretched royal carriage. Oneself can be warmed in body by red velvet seats and fur lined stoles surrounding them. A spirit needs be warmed by love and joyful ideals. This journey by land and sea had been far from joyful or ideal. Stopping a war ought to be done easily through pen and parchment. And you, the reader, should be certain that the passenger inside this gilded carriage used every painstaking pleasantry in her trained mind to have the task done so easily. Everything within her toiled at the King’s request that she visit the royal court in Frankraich.

This year the icy clutch of winter was remiss to retreat. Like the Veitslandic barbarians in rank on the southeast border of Leifstod. The thought was a painful reminder of how desperate Evariste was to bring aid back from the King of Frankraich. The people of Leifstod had faced a hungry winter, with failing crops and orchards, and demand for imported Leifstodian beer dropping. If all had been peaceful they might have made it to spring, or certainly could have bartered with the southern regions who had successful harvests. And Evariste’s brother Titus gave great pleas to arrange such. But the Viscontess of Hyonviere didn’t enjoy the idea of merchants and gaurds traveling north through Veitsland to trade. Even the Duke of Jyonsland, her father’s Uncle, refused to give a measure of wheat. What a terrible year for his son to be wed to the pearl of Veitsland.

What a great and terrible year.

The Grand Duke of Veitsland was a man hungry for land and wealth. A sort of man who brings justice of his own measure to any who would even breathe in a manner displeasing to him. Most nobility do strive for power, but he for dominion and the increase of his pelf. His gaze, voracious for land, set upon Leifstod when the health of Evariste’s Father declined. Which left Titus at the helm of a ship he wasn’t ready to captain. Evariste had studied the political climate simply by being quiet in her Father’s counsel chambers as a young girl. It was a second nature to understand how to navigate each region’s wants and weaknesses. Women do tend to have more insight to personal character than men lend credit to. Of course Titus had been trained from a young age as well, but his character was far too honest to persuade others through tactical diplomacy. He simply asked for exactly what he wanted, unrealizing that egos need to be stroked and bought with charm. Everyone in the world is out for their personal gain. Titus was too optimistic to see that.

Evariste wished her Mother, ever rest her soul, remained to guide this next tactical effort. The King of Frankraich had been her mother’s second cousin. This traced to their shared grandfather Mark VII, whose legacy had been to conquer the 6 regions of today’s Frankraich into a kingdom. The Grand Duchy of Veitsland, the Duchy of Jyonsland, the Duchy of Leifstod, the Viscounty of Hyvoniere, the Barony of Sutherland, and the margraviate region of Kinsmacht.That same royal legacy flowed through Evariste’s veins. The same blood that turned hot to think how Veitsland dared come against her family at its weakest like a coward. The same blue blood pounding her temples at every jostle in this damned road. Her pale hand lifted to dispel the discomfort there.

“How many hours until arrival?” Evariste made no effort to mask the irritation filling her vessel. The reply of the driver was no balm of any sort. Her feet would not be warm until they met their destination at dusk. She reached out of her cloak to swift back the curtain out of sheer impatience. Her dark eyes studied the royal guard traveling outside her window. An explorative idea of slipping out of this carriage and dying of frostbite in the snow caused a rueful smile to cross her lips. If only it was possible to execute without the armed men noticing her disappearance. Curses.

The only choice was to commit to personal death. One where she pleaded with the King to interfere on her homeland’s behalf. On his cousin’s behalf, or his people’s behalf. Whatever may sway his mind. Perhaps she could pledge troops or extra taxes to him in exchange. Free aid would never be attractive to him, and Leifstod would appear weak to accept.

But she had no sweet courtesy or offer to lean upon, only to hear the purpose of her bidden journey from Richard II’s own lips. When a King sends his own horses and carriage to bring you to him, the selfsame being would be foolish to present their own requests first, lest they leave a bitter taste on the King’s lips. Selfishness reeks of useless nobles who mistake how to behave in the royal court.

The only leverage she had left was herself.
I have a lore halfways spelled out for this, it's set in a fantasy nation with technology limited to the 16th century. I will play Evariste Fontaine who is acting as embassador for her father the Duke of Leifstod in the royal court. I plan to maintain the Holy King of Frankraich as well. There are multiple landed nobles available in this story. My personal preference is that you act as at least two regions named in the scene above, and have one or more characters in the Frankraich court. I don't love nation roleplay, I moreso want to highlight the personal interactional politics that are involved. May there be war and mayhem!

ANCIENT ROME
If you know history, there's certainly no need for explanation. I prefer this to be a character based literate story than a nation building one.

Qualifications:​
- My partner must be 18+ as I am a no holds barred roleplayer (within RPN guidelines) . There will be warring, pillaging, and devious plots.

- I am most experienced in crafting dynamic female characters. That being said, in either of the forementioned plots I'll be building both male and female characters. This will help fill out the world more dynamically. I would ask the same of you in return.

- Romance is not a given, though likely to occur. It's something found while exploring our characters weaknesses, coping mechanisms, and the soul's darkest recesses. If it happens, it's more enjoyable under these circumstances. On that note, I will not be writing any sort of smut for your amusement. Violence, adventure, and intrigue, yes. I'm even fine with torture if not written in too much detail. But FTB is my policy if any intertwining happens.

- I enjoy 4-6 paragraph response roleplay without it becoming novella style. However, while setting a scene or mood I find it delightful to be overly detailed. I am able to reply a couple times a day. If you're a dead weight and simply want to tag along in a story, we will not get along. Craft your own character motivation my dude.

- No god modding

- No Mary Sues. The more flawed a character is, the more growth and drama there is to be had.

- I don't do Sci-fi, magic, fantasy, or fluff. I enjoy realistic settings. Not anally realistic, but a modicum of realism.

- I would far prefer somebody with an equal or superior grasp on English grammar and punctuation. I don't have an English major, but I love words. I hope to find somebody understanding and reciprocating of that vibe. Even someone I could learn from through reading what they put out.

- I am partial to realistic face claims, whether using art or photography. No, you can't use a celebrity.

ABOUT ME:
I'm a 22 year old web designing female. I've been roleplaying for 9 years in varying depths and settings. I have a craving for historical and political, with twists of personal turmoil and the darker side of character exploration. I always like to get to know people OOC and I have a Discord in order to do so. I love a good game of miniclip pool to test your gumption and trash talk abilities. I keep an enormous bank of photos for scene inspiration and mood setting. There's even opportunity for me to create character art if I'm inspired by our roleplay.

If you'd like an example of my roleplay responses, pm me. If you have more in depth, but similar cravings, I'm probably down.

I have a cute Australian Shepherd. Will send pics.

Last edited:
I've got an example of my more in depth writing style here. Enjoy!

The cold road to the King of Frankraich
Spring, 1558

Evariste’s very soul seeped grey, mirroring the grim sky hovering above that wretched royal carriage. Oneself can be warmed in body by red velvet seats and fur lined stoles surrounding them. A spirit needs be warmed by love and joyful ideals. This journey by land and sea had been far from joyful or ideal. Stopping a war ought to be done easily through pen and parchment. And you, the reader, should be certain that the passenger inside this gilded carriage used every painstaking pleasantry in her trained mind to have the task done so easily. Everything within her toiled at the King’s request that she visit the royal court in Frankraich.

This year the icy clutch of winter was remiss to retreat. Like the Veitslandic barbarians in rank on the southeast border of Leifstod. The thought was a painful reminder of how desperate Evariste was to bring aid back from the King of Frankraich. The people of Leifstod had faced a hungry winter, with failing crops and orchards, and demand for imported Leifstodian beer dropping. If all had been peaceful they might have made it to spring, or certainly could have bartered with the southern regions who had successful harvests. And Evariste’s brother Titus gave great pleas to arrange such. But the Viscontess of Hyonviere didn’t enjoy the idea of merchants and gaurds traveling north through Veitsland to trade. Even the Duke of Jyonsland, her father’s Uncle, refused to give a measure of wheat. What a terrible year for his son to be wed to the pearl of Veitsland.

What a great and terrible year.

The Grand Duke of Veitsland was a man hungry for land and wealth. A sort of man who brings justice of his own measure to any who would even breathe in a manner displeasing to him. Most nobility do strive for power, but he for dominion and the increase of his pelf. His gaze, voracious for land, set upon Leifstod when the health of Evariste’s Father declined. Which left Titus at the helm of a ship he wasn’t ready to captain. Evariste had studied the political climate simply by being quiet in her Father’s counsel chambers as a young girl. It was a second nature to understand how to navigate each region’s wants and weaknesses. Women do tend to have more insight to personal character than men lend credit to. Of course Titus had been trained from a young age as well, but his character was far too honest to persuade others through tactical diplomacy. He simply asked for exactly what he wanted, unrealizing that egos need to be stroked and bought with charm. Everyone in the world is out for their personal gain. Titus was too optimistic to see that.

Evariste wished her Mother, ever rest her soul, remained to guide this next tactical effort. The King of Frankraich had been her mother’s second cousin. This traced to their shared grandfather Mark VII, whose legacy had been to conquer the 6 regions of today’s Frankraich into a kingdom. The Grand Duchy of Veitsland, the Duchy of Jyonsland, the Duchy of Leifstod, the Viscounty of Hyvoniere, the Barony of Sutherland, and the margraviate region of Kinsmacht.That same royal legacy flowed through Evariste’s veins. The same blood that turned hot to think how Veitsland dared come against her family at its weakest like a coward. The same blue blood pounding her temples at every jostle in this damned road. Her pale hand lifted to dispel the discomfort there.

“How many hours until arrival?” Evariste made no effort to mask the irritation filling her vessel. The reply of the driver was no balm of any sort. Her feet would not be warm until they met their destination at dusk. She reached out of her cloak to swift back the curtain out of sheer impatience. Her dark eyes studied the royal guard traveling outside her window. An explorative idea of slipping out of this carriage and dying of frostbite in the snow caused a rueful smile to cross her lips. If only it was possible to execute without the armed men noticing her disappearance. Curses.

The only choice was to commit to personal death. One where she pleaded with the King to interfere on her homeland’s behalf. On his cousin’s behalf, or his people’s behalf. Whatever may sway his mind. Perhaps she could pledge troops or extra taxes to him in exchange. Free aid would never be attractive to him, and Leifstod would appear weak to accept.

But she had no sweet courtesy or offer to lean upon, only to hear the purpose of her bidden journey from Richard II’s own lips. When a King sends his own horses and carriage to bring you to him, the selfsame being would be foolish to present their own requests first, lest they leave a bitter taste on the King’s lips. Selfishness reeks of useless nobles who mistake how to behave in the royal court.

The only leverage she had left was herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back