• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Kinda Weird Fantasy World wheee!

mother of sorrows

π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘π‘’π‘™π‘ π‘–π‘£π‘’ π‘π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘š.
All hell broke loose when the royal couple was killed.

Everybody claimed ignorance when questioned; the maids were cleaning at that time, the guards were patrolling and the butlers were serving the court. The nobles denied any knowledge and the priests didn't seem to know what was going on. Nobody seemed to know who did it, or that their door was unguarded. That they were stabbed to death or that their screams echoed in the chamber. And nobody said anything when their young daughter was placed on the throne, closely watched by her guardian.

But everybody knew the late Emperor and Empress were the only thing keeping Plaed Clia together from plunging into chaos. The peace between the north and south of the empire was always shaky, but it seemed to work for a time. The royal couple were a show of unity, that perhaps they could live under one empire despite their differences. And with them gone, it didn't take long for the pillars to start crumbling.
Riots were breaking out at the daily, tearing Plaed Clia at the seams. The north and south were eyeing each other with suspicion and anger, each blaming the other for what happened. The south yelled that north wanted to kill the couple so the Creed would spread, while the north hissed it was a southern conspiracy to force industry into the empire. Any false move from either of them and the tension would snap like a rubber band.

When the child Empress was proclaimed as a living goddess by the court, it finally did.

The Third Civil War started when the south attacked. Both sides were circling each other like beasts and finally, they grabbed each other by the throat; the first battle began. Riots happened on the daily, people attacked each other in the street and soldiers died by the thousands, with more dying every day.

Peace became a distant memory for the majority; however, in an empire gone mad ruled by a child empress, a small group formed. A group of people from various backgrounds, abilities and world views, putting their differences aside to work together. To bring order back to Plaed Clia.

Will they succeed in keeping absolute chaos at bay? Or will they be remembered as those who tried, only to burn?

Γ—Γ—Γ—

well that was,, really cheesy. but if you aren't lactose intolerant and that into didnt give you an allergic reaction, heya!! :^D this idea is actually something i've had for a long time now, but never got around to making a rp about it!

as you know, the setting is an empire called Plaed Clia, which is made up from many, many islands of various sizes. the world is based on ancient mediterranean, but with early 19th century technology mixed it! here is a short overview of the world;;
  • the culture in Plaed Clia can greatly vary; there can be a huge difference between islands, especially in more isolated places! but most of them are similar to cultures in ancient mediterranean (can be greek, egyptian, rome and so on), with some changes
  • there are 2 main religions in the empire, Iconoclasm and the Creed. there are a few smaller religions, but these hold the most power
  • it's divided into the north and south; the south being more industrialised and primarily Iconoclast, while the north is more traditional and primarily made up from Creed believers (more info under the belief spoiler!! :^D)
  • the technology is much like early 19th century england! so yes, trains, steam engines and such all exist
  • the capital is named Hiereum
iconoclasm
  • a religious order that rejects all and every worship of 'idols', which traditonally means gods, deities, demons and such
  • while idols are believed to exist, they just arent allowed to be worshipped
  • hard work, order and pursuing of knowledge are uplifted
  • a strong supporter of industrialisation
  • members are called iconoclasts, who are leaded by 'priests' called scholars
the creed
  • believe in two main one gods, the twins dhao and theao
  • despite them being the main ones, they also worship smaller, local gods
  • you probably already know where i'm going with this
  • dhao represents life and theao death and they constantly struggle against the other bcs i'm original like that
  • they both seep into everyday life, so anything that happens to you is seen as the will of one of the two
  • giving them gifts, praying to them and praising them makes them more enclined to help and protect you
  • uplift tradition, humility and are suspicous of industrialisation
  • priests are called shepherds
universal
  • supernatural beings are commonly believed in
  • a lot of priests wear masks, since its believed it protect them from demons and such
  • beliefs can again, greatly vary so it's pretty freeform!

wheee that was a big info dump, sorry about that!! :") all other aspects of the world are freeform, so as the rp goes on, all of us will get to play a part in shaping it!!

so, what will be the rp about? short version;; a bunch of dumbasses try to keep Plaed Clia from falling apart and perhaps even stopping the civil war. they will put their differences aside to bring peace; or die trying.
and the characters? they can be pretty anything you want! as long as they fit in the universe and aren't a literal baby (unless it knows how to use a sword i guess), almost everything works! so yes, your character can be anything from a seamstress to a priest, as long as they have something to offer to the group, be it their charm, intelligence or fighting ability.

roles that are available;;
  • Leader - closed (1/1)
  • Second in command - closed (1/1)
  • Medic - closed (1/1)
  • Members (2/5) altrough might be more if there is interest!
well,, that was a lot but!! i hope it's good enough! cx if there are any questions, feel free to ask, of course!

click here for the CS thread!
click here for the OOC chat!
click here for the RP thread!

Last edited:
I like your way of describing this:-) I would love to be part of this. I am thinking of making a medic that's really positive, slightly naive and really determined. (read stubborn as hell).

aaah i'm super glad you guys are interested in this!! ^^ i'll bump this for now, but feel free to pick role already!

I like your way of describing this:-) I would love to be part of this. I am thinking of making a medic that's really positive, slightly naive and really determined. (read stubborn as hell).
whee thank you!! :^D your character sounds pretty awesome already! i can reserve the medic role for you, then? ^^

whee, added the CS thread! here is it! feel free to make your characters already! ^^

bump :^D

Hey! I just posted, I hope it's okay. I really wanted him to be the opposite of Elsbet for balance in the group and a good contrast in dialogue.

bump! + i'll be making an ooc chat tommorrow!!

'Ello! I'm interested in this! Though, I'm just wondering...
What is the magic level in this world? Standard DnD fireball throwing stuff? Or less obvious stuff like occult and psionics from stuff like steampunk?

'Ello! I'm interested in this! Though, I'm just wondering...
What is the magic level in this world? Standard DnD fireball throwing stuff? Or less obvious stuff like occult and psionics from stuff like steampunk?
ah good question!! *puts on my thinking cap*
i was definitively thinking something really suble, like blessings and curses, that kind of deal! because as far as anybody in this world is concerned, magic can't be proven, so some believe in it and some don't. i think anything more dramatic would be pushing it xD
so basically, a chara would be able to curse and bless things, maybe even be able to sense danger! but believing if its truly magic or just superstition is up to the characters :^D obviously, this is just an idea and i'm thinking we can develop this more in the ooc chat!

I am also super interested! β™₯ This sounds like so much fun!
aaaah im super glad you're interested!! ^^

the rp thread is about to start!! if you still want to make a CS, please do so now! ^^

This sounds really cool! I had fun just reading this! I'm in if you will have me.
aah i'm super glad you're interested! :^D and of course! feel free to make a character, the link to the CS is up above! cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back