• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Hunter's Quarrel

StarryKnights

A Spastic Collection of Characters and Ideas
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"...This was a stupid idea".

Caster grumbled aloud, glancing down he shot a glare at the fox sitting at his feet. "I told you leaving early was a stupid idea". The fox just rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.
"it is better to be early than late Caster...honestly quit acting like a child". The mage grumbled something under his breath, just out of the spirit.
They'd arrived twenty minutes early to the meeting place, which was across the street. Caster had felt it was best to meet in an open area, and the public park fit the bill perfectly. The place looked eerie lit by moonlight, it was well past midnight and the park was empty.
The only thing stirring was the occasional squirrel or rabbit, both of which caused Yumi's ears to twitch. The fox wouldn't have minded an easy meal, but at the moment she and her master were on watch.

They were waiting for the man they'd contacted to arrive, and while they were early, Yumi felt it was for the best. Caster had a terrible habit of arriving late, and doing so had pissed off a fair share of people. That was part of the reason they'd been forced to contact a mage outside of their usual circle, most of their "allies' were peeved at them.

Well, they were peeved at Caster, but that was neither here nor there. The two were standing in an ally across the street, watching and waiting for this man to arrive.
Caster began to pace as his impatience grew.

25fbcacf313fc8eba494e4cb84fde6d0.jpg

ClasslessKnave ClasslessKnave

“I guess its about time to head out,” sighed a man with short auburn hair and a full goatee. His name was Daniel Curwen, professional practitioner of magic and occult detective; he was currently wondering why he bothered to accept this invitation to meet. Stepping out of his apartment and walking out into the streets of the city, the magician lit the cigarette between his lips and stuffed the lighter and pack back into his pocket.

Walking down the sidewalk, Daniel wore a rather nondescript outfit, save for an olive-tan trench coat which seemed to exude an other worldly aura at times. In the pockets of the coat, he carried a few odds and ends; a deck of playing cards, a candle, Rosemary Ellen Guiley’s Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits: pocket edition, and a trusty notepad and pen. Not figuring he’s be out for long, the warlock didn’t bother packing his briefcase of magical items that often came in handy.

Making his way to the agreed upon meeting spot wasn’t hard, some of his clients chose harder to get to places than a seedy back alley near a park. Exhaling smoke from his lungs as he spoke, “Mighty fine place for a midnight stroll isn’t it? All the comforts of a late summer night, with all the piss and trash you can smell.” Pulling out his notepad and flipping through it Daniel continued, “you’re Caster right?”

"Hey...I think he's here".
Caster glanced downward at his fox familiar, who was watching the sidewalk, waiting for their contact to arrive. She had no clue why Caster had enlisted help this time around, usually her master was pretty set on keeping to himself.
The man straightened out as Daniel arrived.
"Perfect place for a meeting...as well as a walk". he chuckled and rolled his eyes.
"I assume your Daniel then". He looked the other mage up and down, by all accounts he looked like an average citizen.

Caster wore a long, dark coat that had seen better days, a pair of jeans and a red undershirt, not that it could be seen at the moment. His mis matched eyes gave him a wild appearance though, he didn't bother hiding them from Daniel like he did from the general public.
"I honestly didn't know if you'd show up". he smirked.
He had a back up plan in case Daniel hadn't...but it seemed it would no longer be necessary.

"Well, since your here, I suppose we should cut to the chase". as he spoke, Yumi hopped up and onto his shoulder, she studied the other mage while Caster spoke.
"I hear your a man who's good at locating...mystical artifacts".

ClasslessKnave ClasslessKnave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back