• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes: Song of Champions

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Scion Program | Nachtholm | Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Hutter listened closely to what the girl had to say, becoming increasingly alarmed with each sentence. Grant, after a moment, started listening as well. When Hina said 'she's probably just watching,' Hutter shot a hesitant glance at Grant.

"On it, sir," the Scion said before Grant gave him an order. Grant turned around and spoke a short incantation, coating the entire area in an anti-scrying field, just to be safe.

Hutter, unimpeded, listened further to what she had to say.

When Hina was done, Hutter nodded. "I understand... Your situation is hard. I can't teleport you, because my mana is a military resource. Misusing it is like taking a sword from the armory without asking, you know? Listen, I'll report this as quickly as I can and request permission to 'teleport one civilian to safety' and then I'll get you there, alright?"

Hutter turned around, walked a few steps, then brought his wrist to his mouth and started making a brief report, followed by a request. Meanwhile, Grant walked up to Hina and Aqua and got one knee to seem friendly.

"Don't you worry. Everything will be a-okay," Grant said in a hushed, extravagantly friendly tone. It gave the impression of someone who never saw a child before and was trying to be as nice as he could.

Hutter approached. "My request was approved. Is there anything else you can tell us before we 'port you off?" he asked, raising his hand to cast the spell.

Regardless of Hina's answer, Hutter nodded and finished the teleport spell. Aqua and Hina were surrounded in a beam of light, then reappeared in Fort Black's main hall, by the front desk.

Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard | Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Fable Fable Rage Rage Prince_ Prince_ Graystone713 Graystone713 A L M O S A L M O S Alteras Alteras Rage Rage

Ellis felt Drui grab his arm and drag him closer in the direction of the main building. "Understood," Ellis said in a lively tone, then froze when he heard Carnicero's voice behind him. Responseless to the leviathanman's greeting, he couldn't ignore the statement that followed.

"Oi." Ellis turned to look in Carnicero's eyes, deep into them, almost without fear. He had a tight-lipped, unamused frown and dulled eyes. He spoke in quick, rhythmic sequences, "I can't ignore what you just said, lizard man. Did I hear right: you're going with us? With us? A young couple going out to a distant place for who-knows-how-long? And you wish to go with us? Are you sure you want to do that? I'm not a vacation service, man. What do you mean by go with us? Are you certain this course of action is wise?"

Last edited:
Cyrus of Trostenwald | Fort Black, Veth's Quarters | Fable Fable

The runic marks on the stone glowed white, then shot a cone of light to the opposite side of Veth. The familiar scent of pipeweed filled the room, as Cyrus, the real Cyrus, breathed out a hefty cloud of smoke in Veth's general direction.

"Hello, Veth." The old man grinned.

Instantly, he felt a different aura from the elven woman. A quick inspection showed the budding flower of an elder fey tree and the box that the Draconium Rope was sealed in ages ago. This explained things, so he didn't have to ask her.

Cyrus closed the lid on his pipe and put it in the bag at his side. "I was actually about to discuss funding for the war effort with a quaint group of elementals on the Plane of Earth. They have a lot of minerals and metals there, you see. But I will always find a moment for a friend. I suppose I should've let someone from the Guild know that I'm safe, but I thought my artificial twin sufficient."

"So... how can this wizard be of service?"

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
White Flower (from Great Tree)
+ her normal items
[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Veth[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Personal Quarters| Interaction: Real Cyrus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned: [/div]
Veth hadn't know what the stone gift Cyrus had given her would do. She had expected something like the copy of Cyrus to appear, or just his voice, but not for him to actually appear before her. She watched the cone of light when it appeared, her body tensing automatically. When the smell of pipeweed wafted about and left its scent, Veth knew this was the real Cyrus.

He grinned at her as though no time had passed or that he had been handed over to the enemy. Cyrus explained he had escaped and been in discussion with elementals. Veth gave Cyrus a small smile as she shook her head, "This one believes it would have been appropriate for even a small message of your escape. This one doesn't know what you've heard, but she assumes you know more than she does about the current events as this one has been busy in the Feywild until recently."

She pointed to the small scratch on her cheek before letting her hand resume it's place at her side. "This one went back to her homelands and as expected were not welcoming as this one is an exile. However, this one wishes they at least listen to her as that is the most she could hope to achieve, which even that has a low chance of success. If you were in this one's position, what would you do? This one had made her presence known and they shall expect her to return, but she doesn't know how to approach them where they would actual heed her warnings."

Veth stiffened for a moment, clearing her throat, "This one has been rude and forgot to ask how you are faring. Apologies."[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Drui[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Courtyard, Fort Black | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Carnicero ( Rage Rage ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Courtyard Crew ( Prince_ Prince_ Graystone713 Graystone713 A L M O S A L M O S Kylesar1 Kylesar1 )[/div]
Drui froze as the giant overgrown lizard announced he was coming with them. She slowly turned to face him with a frosty gaze that clearly read 'don't you dare think of coming with us'. It seemed her darling Ellis was on the same page as he also turned to stare down Carnicero. His reply was more of obvious sarcasm and pointing out that the guy would be a very large third wheel between them enjoying each other's company.

"As adventurous of a spirit that I may be, you also might be confusing who I am with the Goddess of Lust," she said with a scowl. "You are not invited to this little trip, at all."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

'GundaBad The Mighty'

Carnicero/Trollicero - Leviathan-Man: Legendary Adventurer/Professional Wing-Man/Douche-Bag & All Around Jackass Who Messes With People

Interactions: Drui( Fable Fable ) & Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie )

Mentions: Only Those Above ^

Action: Messing With The Two Lovebirds

Location: Guild Courtyard Now Leaving To Travel Around - Fort Black
---

Looking down at the couple who stopped suddenly which they begun to turn around. Carnicero smiled slighty as their bodies shivered with a cold anger, it was funny see Ellis & Drui get angrier together. It was like one of those stupid books that one of those fancy girls read about romance and crap but that was a topic for another day & a drink with the lads to follow after with such a stupid and gossip filled topic. Ellis looked at Carnicero who was rolling his shoulders around as a the loud popping sounds filled the air like fireworks as he flexed his arm as well which the muscle bugled largely before he then begin to hear what Ellis was saying which Carnicero's facial expression was like this.

-_-

The bard begun to speak towards Carnicero who felt his eyes getting heavy, damn.... Bards were really relaxing whenever they talked for more than 2 sentences. Somehow managing to keep his eyes open as he said "I see why Drui likes you, Ellis. You're a real man and she likes a real man." ...No one knows what goes through Carnicero's mind but everyone knows that it's a place that is wonderful which he turned his head to see that Drui was give him a piece of her mind.

Carnicero face remained the same as it did before but small twitches appear at his lips which the Leviathan-Man's lip quivered as his brow twitched as well only for an explosive laugh to exit him as wind was blasted away from his loud crys of enjoyment at this situation which he held his side where small tears exited from his eyes, so much so that he nearly ran out of breath where loud wheeze could be heard as he held up his hand that he cough a couple times that he said firmly "I was joking, you two. You loverbirds go have fun.... Also Drui... That Woman." A venomous tone exited from his mouth which he snarled loudly as the ground vibrated from the body carry the vibrations all over his body that he continued by saying. "Tell that vile, filth, disease carry, lying, scum-sucking, over-grown, cow-chested, lop-sided, carpet-munching, pillow-bitting, bed-tearing, back-scratching, feline-nailed, colossal-sized bitch... That you're the best goddess....and we know i meant... Now it's time to drink 50 kegs of rum...wine....mead? Fucking whatever, alochol before one of that whore's boy-toys shows up and tries to fight me again, you guys have fun." Waving good-bye as he then turned the other direction which he proceed to leap far-away and land somewhere in Black Fort.

When Veth mentioned she had trouble with communicating with the people of her homeland, Cyrus shot her an ulterior-motive-less smile, pulling the brim of his hat down to conceal his sinisterly overjoyed eyes. "Wizardry is beautiful in that it has many applications."

Cyrus settled down from his sudden glee when Veth asked how he had been. "Oh? Oh. I've been treading fairly well. How about you?"

"As for your problem, I have an idea." Cyrus softly caressed his beard. "A disguise is always very useful, Veth. Particularly in situations like these. Pray tell, what creatures do your people worship?" He shot a curious glance at her.

Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard | Fable Fable

With the threat having been corrected, Ellis huffed in relief. He clapped his hands with a cheerful smile and closed eyes, almost uncharacteristic of his usual cynical self. Without opening his eyes, he said, "Okay! I'll go get some of my things. See you down here in... ten minutes?"

He looked at her, then teleported away with the Guild Seal to his room. Truth be told, he already had most of what he needed in the ring of holding, an impeccable magic item for storing objects or treasure. He just needed to do one, little thing.

Ellis dismounted the dreamcatcher off the wall, took it to his workbench and extracted everything within. He separated the contents into two jars; one categorized for memories, the other for emotions and concepts.

As he did, he pulled them through a simple time spell and systematized them so that the two could be viewed along a 'timeline' at a later date with the two corresponding jars being more or less synchronized. As such, instead of being the swirly blobs of colors they usually would be, the memories, emotions, and concepts were a static, unchanging, opaque deep violet color; 380nm.

He could load this onto his Guild Seal and view the memories at any time, but the concepts and emotions were incompatible. He'd have to fall asleep or enter a sleep-like state to review them. Or simply find another way.

Regardless, he took the jars and stored them safely in the ring of holding.

He glanced at the wall-mounted clock. Four minutes, forty seconds left.

He occupied himself by creating silver fire shards, having to return them to the Guild. Once he had plenty, he teleported to Cyrus' study, left them there, then back into the courtyard, waiting for the only goddess he could say he was fond of.

goh_royalbanner.png

Aurelia Granne Salmira-Albichyr
Interactions: Kaeden ( Croissant Croissant )

Of all the possible people that would show up in Lairke Manor, it was the one she least expected - Prince Kaeden. A powerful figure in Albion, admired by many. Though there are a few rumors about him that pop up every now and then, his reputation remains untarnished and respectable. Word has it that he is guaranteed to succeed the throne from King Albichyr IV, who has been growing more and more incompetent as time passes by.

But this...

It's too conspicuous. Prince Kaeden in this very building. His inquiries. His mannerisms. It all seemed off.

And with Lord Lairke acting so strangely, Aurelia didn't hesitate to look at the current situation differently. Both of the two before her could be plotting something against her, or worse, someone with higher authority is using them against her. But she doesn't need more enemies in Albion nobility. Hence, she decided to play along, but not without taking precautions and spilling out any specific information.

"Prince Kaeden.", she spoke calmly with a nod.

While it is true that she and the prince are technically siblings, she does not acknowledge blood ties with him, or the king. She simply considers herself as someone who had the opportunity to be part of royalty. Not once, ever since she has been brought up to royalty, had she addressed any of them as her brother or her father. She doesn't plan on doing so now, and in the coming future.

After hearing out Prince Kaeden's words, her doubts and suspicions only grew stronger. Why would he be so deeply interested about her activities? More specifically, how did he know about her travel to the north? Someone must have informed them, or perhaps, there are simply too many prying eyes throughout Albion.

"I'm afraid I will have to keep such matters to myself, Prince Kaeden.", she answered. Her demeanor didn't change, nor did the tone of her voice. She was dead set on doing what must be done, and if these two are going to be against her, as she has deduced, then it'd much better if they knew nothing of what had transpired, and what will transpire. "In these times, it's not that easy to trust anyone."

"However, I do appreciate the concern, Prince Kaeden.", she added.

And as if right on queue, the doors of Lairke Manor burst open. A messenger came through, hurriedly approaching the three. The messenger knelt and acknowledged each of their presence by addressing them by their rightful titles, before finally delivering the message he was tasked to give.

"Prince Kaeden, Princess Aurelia.", the messenger said. "The King urgently requires your presence."

Aurelia closed her eyes and sighed. She stood up a short moment after. "It would seem that this discussion shall be continued at a latter moment.", she bowed to both Prince Kaeden and Lord Lairke, then took off - her destination, the Royal Palace.

Homoncu-maid - Gisela
Interactions: Alice ( LostHaven LostHaven )

"Please wait for a few moments.", Gisela answered.

The nameless homoncu-maid pulled a lever, which then activated the contraption. The rings began to glow in varying colors, and soon enough, they began to move up and down the tube, as if scanning the object inside it - which in this case, would be Alice. After a few minutes, the rings returned to their former position and its glow faded away.

"You may now step out of the measuring device.", Gisela addressed Alice.

The nameless homoncu-maid pulled yet another lever, which caused several other contraptions to begin working. First was a device that transmuted raw materials into a specific type of cloth, which was then passed off to a different device - where it will be sewed and molded accordingly with the measured data. Soon enough, after going through several complex machinations, a maid uniform was finished and dropped off in a small receiving box near the end of the room.

Gisela retrieved the uniform, and handed it over to Alice.

"This is your uniform. It is self-maintaining and has no need for cleaning services.", Gisela said. "Please wear it at all times, as Master Ragna desires for all of us to do so."

Last edited:
ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
+ her normal items
[div class=tags]Location: Personal Quarters| Interaction: Real Cyrus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned:[/div]
Veth blinked at Cyrus as he lowered the brim of his hat, though she gave him a small nod when he stated he had been doing well. Perhaps she had been worried about his well-being for nothing after he was sent off to their foes. When he asked her about what creatures her race worshiped, she nodded her head towards the mana-infused white flower. "This one's people believe they are descendants of the Driaish Tree. This one went to speak in person to the great tree and was educated on the truth of her true origins. The flower was a gift to this one for her visit, though she simply requested it so perhaps it is not considered as such."

"This one wonders what exactly your advice is," she said with a small quirk of a white brow.

She was interrupted by a knock on the door as Drui stepped inside casually.[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Courtyard, Fort Black | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Carnicero ( Rage Rage ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Courtyard Crew ( Prince_ Prince_ Graystone713 Graystone713 A L M O S A L M O S Kylesar1 Kylesar1 )[/div]
Drui didn't stop glowering at Carnicero even as he claimed he had been joking with them. He had been way too insistent for it to be merely a joke. Her words about him confusing her with the Goddess of Lust seemed to trigger him, to her surprise. She shook her head as he rambled on insults about a fellow divine being, but she didn't warn him throwing out such insults was bad idea. Poor bastard was going to learn the hard way once the Goddess of Lust heard his ravings about her and curse him with something horrid. Drui's curses were nothing compared to that woman's.

Ellis excused himself saying he only needed ten minutes to get ready before vanishing. Drui really should get one of those, or something at least similar as she wasn't exactly keen on totally signing up as a guild member. As a goddess it could have consequences. As a goddess she needed to be on the side of her followers. Drui took the slow walk back to Veth's room, noting she could hear voices inside. She knocked politely before entering and saw Veth with... wait... THE REAL CYRUS?![/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png

ALaU2Nd.png
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Drui & Veth[/div]
[div class=tags]Location:Veth's Quarters | Interaction: Cyrus/Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned: [/div]
Drui nearly fell over herself as she saw the real Cyrus, not some copy that lurked within the guild seals. "W-What? When the hell did he get back?" She cleared her throat before speaking again, collecting herself and calming down. "Pardon, I just am a bit shocked to see you here alive and well in Veth's room." She went up to the elder wizard and twirled his beared before laughing and stepping away, "Making sure you're actually real and that Faust didn't somehow put the narcotic's in the air."

"What do you want of this one?" Veth asked cooly, not appreciating the interruptions from her self-assigned 'room mate' as it were. More like a room borrower.

"I've come to grab my stuff. I'll be out of your way, but I am very curious about how Cyrus came to pop by your room. A bit nosy, yes, but you'd think Risa would have let everyone know he was here. Unless this is some secret lover's meeting."

At Veth's cold stare Drui nervously laughed, "I'm only joking! Goodness!" Drui quickly grabbed her few things out of the small dresser before excusing herself. The moment she was outside of Veth's room and on the other side of the closed door, she grinned. "My my my."

Drui made her way back to the courtyard with her items safe in her bag of holding still grinning as she spotted Ellis, "You are not going to believe who I just bumped into."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Eleonora Luna - Outside Veth's personal quarters - Birdsie Birdsie Fable Fable
green mage viera.jpg
A tall, young and entirely invisible rabbit-girl that had travelled quite the distance all for the sake of an elven woman she had found fascinating in-terms of appearance. The same Viera was listening quite intently to the words being spoken within the room she was standing directly in-front of in an act that humanity had deemed as "eaves-dropping", and while Luna was well-aware of such a thing, she didn't really care. She did what she wanted, and what she wanted was to be around the elf, even if they weren't aware of it, which she hadn't been for quite the length of time.

Eleonora Luna had no need to lean against the door due to the enhanced hearing capabilities of her race and enjoyed the song being woven by her fascination their friend, and human that seemed rather surprised after entering the room before swiftly vacating the area, bustling straight past in what Luna had learned was the direction of the courtyard, leaving a slight curiosity as to what had made them leave in such a good-mood, but not quite enough for her to reveal herself to anyone and ask. For the time-being, she was simply happy to be around the one she held a strange affection for that even she couldn't quite explain.

As she waited for her friend that wasn't aware of her existence just yet, her thoughts drifted back to the forest and the small family she had left behind there. She did not fear for their safety, as they were more than capable of fending for themselves, despite their surroundings, yet allowed the simple thought of them to grace a smile upon her transparent lips​

"Originally, I would disguise myself as their deity and gain their trust, before unveiling the knowledge of what is to come, but trees don't walk." Troubled, the wizard clutched his beard as his eyes looked up in deep thought.

After five seconds, the door was abruptly opened by the red-headed goddess that he recognized to have been there in Xhorhas. She was what distracted the enemy forces to allow him to use his trump card.

She made a joke at his state. Cyrus gave her a thin smile.

"Shocked to see me alive and well? How else would I be? Dead and sick?" he jested with a short chuckle, then fixed his eyes on her dejectedly when she started playing with his beard, then justified it with a hilarious quip at something Faust did earlier. Cyrus could imagine the disaster from her hasty summary and returned to smiling.

Cyrus took out his pipe and took a breath through it, then let out a cloud. The goddess vacated the room and the two of them were left to their own devices.

He looked at Veth casually, then said, "As I was saying, that idea won't work because trees don't walk. In that case, the only natural solution would be to make them walk."

He nodded to his idea like it was either ingenious or such a clearly and painstakingly obvious course of action that anyone in his stead would think of it as the proper, natural solution and backup plan. Then, as if to accentuate that way of thought, he took a swig of his pipe.

After huffing out a particularly hefty cloud of smoke, he remarked, "Surely, people ought to listen to walking trees. That's how the universe works. Your thoughts?" He glanced at Veth, curious of what the mostly stoic elf had to say.

"Turenval?" Ellis asked half-heartedly, quirking an eyebrow and either not particularly interested in engaging in conversation or just in an ostensibly bored mood and in strong need of some kind of cure. After a second, he followed it up with, "Come on, you know I don't know. Just say it."

He folded his arms, thinking he was prepared for any answer short of 'a death knight' or above. This was slightly arrogant, seeing his own nightly encounters with beasts of darkness in his dreams or during his astral projection attempts, but he didn't expect her to actually meet anyone amazing. The most he was expecting was some great and famous hero who rarely visited this part of Gael and decided to stay at the fort.

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
History has its eyes on you

Wobb still felt everyone smiling, and the happy colors, and everything else... but... Then there was a commotion by the infirmary and things started to seem more... serious. The colors began to fade. He passed by a lot of people as he followed the satyr. He heard people talking about him, in that weird scientific sense. Wobb didn’t have time right now, he just kept walking, his false ‘skin’ beginning to seem... sweaty. Slightly runny in a few spots, even. He kept going until he was through the infirmary doors.

Viska. Viska was dying. The sun ghost was panicked. The Satyr was crying for someone to lend aid. Everyone else was stunned. Holo-Cyrus explained that they had to bring her to a particular holy temple. He couldn’t stop staring at Viska. She looked nearly dead already. All the color was vanishing from everything but people’s eyes. Their silvery, watching eyes. Just like the ones looking at him from the shadows. The ones looking through every bit of magic in the room. The ones staring into his dreams. Wobb was shaken by seeing them, but maybe that was the pizza talking. Maybe the eyes were just the bad pizza. But it didn’t matter who was watching, did it? He was a hero! Heroes didn’t hesitate, and they didn’t quit! A boiling, burning passion erupted in his heart, and his eyes blazed with figurative determination as his body literally burned with silver flames.

“I’ll go. Even heroes need saving sometimes. And Viska needs saving... Will we need a healer? Can Viska make it without healing?... Is it really okay to move her around, even? You sure we shouldn’t bring the holy man home with a seal?”

he said, his flames dying down as, surprisingly, he started thinking it through. It was hard, but using your noggin both on and off the battlefield was important! And this was Viska’s life on the line! Anything less than a real hero wouldn’t be enough! He wouldn’t rest until Viska was right again, and SHE WOULD BE!

( Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish )

Annette "Braveheart" Stansfield
Infirmary

Annette had gone to check on the health of the guy who ate the pizza, when Wobb bust through asking to go along. She decided to interject as well. "Allow me to go as well. I don't want an ally to die if I have even a modicum of a chance to prevent it." Annette said. "I offer naval transport/support if you need my ship, but I can go without my crew as well." She got the gist of their mission and they could definitely use extra hands on deck for this mission. Annette didn't know Viska personally, but if Viska was a member of the Guild of Heroes, she had a vested interest in doing her part to save Viska's life. By any means necessary and Annette would spare no resource and no expense to do so

Graystone713 Graystone713
Archdemon Archdemon
Birdsie Birdsie
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
+ her normal items
[div class=tags]Location: Personal Quarters| Interaction: Real Cyrus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned:[/div]
Veth wasn't sure what Cyrus had in mind as he mentioned disguising himself as her race's deity. She found she disliked the idea of misleading them, though if it was the only way to save them it might come down to having to deceive them. He noted that trees couldn't walk so the plan was already flawed, though he suggested they could make the tree walk and she quirked a brow at him for a moment before she shook her head.

"This one does not believe that making the Great Tree walk is a good plan. It would cause a massive disruption due to the sheer size of the Great Tree. However, this one does have an idea." Veth got up and went to open the small chest at the foot of her bed, digging around for a moment before pulling out an old tome and flipping through it as she walked over to Cyrus. Once she found the page she was looking for, she turned the book to show Cyus an illustration of a dryad creature.

"What if the Great Tree could truly present itself in this form to them?"[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Courtyard, Fort Black | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned: [/div]
Drui gave Ellis a very fake 'ha-ha' kind of laugh at his response. "I know you don't know silly, but half the fun is you trying to guess. Since you're being a grump about it I'll just tell you. Cyrus, the real Cyrus is currently in Veth's room. Not sure what they were talking about, but it is a bit shocking to see him back here."

She grinned at Ellis, I would suggest you maybe go pay him a small visit before we leave, but that's entirely your choice my dear Ellis. If you don't want to, that's fine and we can get going." She moved her hands behind her back as she waited for his decision, she was fine either way. She'd allow a small delay for Ellis if he needed it.[/div][/div][/div]

Elizabeth Cain - Infirmary - One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Archdemon Archdemon Alteras Alteras Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
lady (2).png
Elizabeth was not a happy vampire. She disliked sitting around doing nothing, it simply wasn't in her nature unless doing nothing was beneficial to her, which at the current moment, it most definitely was not. Her business had been shut down temporarily, and while she had quite the nest egg, the thought of it not steadily increasing in the case that she felt the need to make a particularly expensive purchase was mildly concerning. Her assigned room was a little uncomfortable for her refined tastes, but she made no comment about it as she left for the infirmary. She was hungry, and she was sure that their blood would be put to better use filling her up rather than messily dripping on the floor.

The thought of picking up another class of magic drifted through her mind as she made her way there. At the current moment, she was quite spread out throughout the various elemental trees, yet despite their utility, she still had the time to learn more. Elizabeth sifted through those that she was aware of in her mind as her gentle footsteps rang through the corridors that she had become accustomed to as of late. She was before the infirmary doors before she even knew it, the groaning of people she had never met, nor known before filling her ears as she delicately pushed through the entryway. Yet instead of the smell of blood which she had grown so fondly of over time since the days of her becoming a vampire, a wave of BO hit her instead, and briefly, for what was merely a fraction of a second, the vampire that had worked so readily on perfecting her guise, dropped it and a flicker of disgust flickered over her face.

"My goodness.. How.. Horrible." was all she muttered, taken aback by the fact that something so out of the blue had managed to drop her guard. It was the first time in years that her face had contorted from how she wanted to appear to those around her. The vampire frowned at its source, yet said nothing more as she proceeded onwards to the cluster of people. including, but not limited to: A Kobold, a beast-person, a satyr and a human. "Greetings." was all she said, making no further comment as every feature she had seemed to radiate friendliness, her glimmering red-ruby of an eye shining at them all in an almost motherly way, as though her mere presence was there to help them all. Which, Elizabeth supposed, it was. The only thing that seemed to detract from this atmosphere was the gleaming skull gripped by her delicate hands, which in foresight it may have been a good idea to leave in her room, but it was a little too late for that now. Lady Cain simply.. Continued smiling despite this lack of thought.​

Last edited:
Holo-Cyrus | Infirmary | Graystone713 Graystone713 Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Archdemon Archdemon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Noble Scion Noble Scion

The holographic Cyrus looked at Wobb. His spectral visage bore a troubled expression, as he lowered his pipe and breathed out a hefty cloud of illusionary smoke. He then launched into a short segue, explaining why this had to be done:

"A cleric only channels the power a deity provides. This curse was cast by... Verraketh himself. Only an ancient power - one older than even myself - could hope to heal this. It is an insidious force, like... spiritual cancer. No one here, nor a priest, will have the tools or training to remove it. She must be brought to the temple."

Cyrus looked at Annette with deducting eyes, calculating the odds and very quickly coming to a choice. He nodded once and said, "Seeing that Ki'Tavi and Risa have to go to the meeting, you have the most experience with the role of a leader here. I leave this mission in your hands, Annette, but I am always available to give you advice through the Guild Seals."

"Good luck," Holo-Cyrus flickered out of the infirmary.

Cyrus of Trostenwald | Fort Black, Veth's Quarters | Fable Fable Noble Scion Noble Scion

Cyrus clutched his beard and thought, then affirmed her idea, "Yes. I do suppose that could work." Cyrus smiled at her, then gave her a fatherly pat on the head. "Good idea, Veth."

"Anyway, once I am done discussing funding with the earth elementals, conscripting celestials and collecting the necessary components, I will return. Veth, unless you call for me again, I suspect the next time we meet, it will be to quest through the Dark Forest and invade Turenval's domain," he said with a grave and serious expression. It spoke tomes of his experience in dealing with 'epic' or 'higher' matters like these.

"Before I go, however..." Cyrus turned to look at the door, vaguely aware of the presence of magic behind it, in the form of a light-omitting forcefield shaped like an anthropomorphic bunny. "Eavesdropping like that is very rude."

His eyes widened a few millimeters slowly as it dawned on him what she just said. His folded hands stretched, parallel to his body, and almost went limp as he tightened his lips in something reminiscent of a bitter frown.

Ultimately, Ellis shook his head and scoffed. "Why would I? That old man made his opinion of me very clear. Let's just go."

Desiring for a topic change, he brought her attention back to their prospective vacation, raising a finger. "We should teleport to Trostenwald, then travel north from there. Alternatively, we can teleport to Trost and go southeast. It's your choice, Drui. Also, we should get horses so it's easier to travel once we can't rely on teleportation."

Hermione "Hermy" Puckette
andi_concept_sketches_by_crescentvenus-d5io4bj.jpg
Actions: Volunteering as tribute

Interacting with: Everyone in the infirmary
Mentions: Graystone713 Graystone713 Archdemon Archdemon Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion Kylesar1 Kylesar1
To say Hermione was disturbed would be a severe understatement. Aside from a brief telling off from one of the other guild members, none of them really seemed to be paying attention to the Saytress, not that she wanted attention anyway. While everyone spoke about the problem at hand, Hermy watched Viska closely. She did not know why she was worrying so much about the lizard-woman. Stockholm syndrome perhaps. She did give her a place to sleep which was more than she could say about basically everyone else in her life, and she had been the nicest to her since she got here… then again she also needed to get out of here! All these rules, she didn't like it. It was some miracle they hadn't put her on some kind of probation at this point. She thought all of this while she drank more wine from the bottle she had.

Hermy only zoned back in when the extent of Viska’s illness became clear, and there was talk about a possible expedition of some kind to find a cure for the woman. Before she knew what she was doing, the Saytress had jumped onto her hooves. “I’ll g-hic-go!” She hiccuped as she struggled with keeping her balance. What was in that pizza? Whatever it was, it felt great. She had a feeling that people were not going to take her seriously about this, granted she would not either but that was not important!

I’ve-I knooow how to traaack and stuuff.” She couldn't keep a word straight, “Truuust me on that!” She looked at the sick lizard, her large goat-y ears flopping down with worry, her one gold earring dangling from the left ear. She watched as a very fine looking woman walked in, seeming very unsettled for some reason. Her nostrils looked flared as if she smelled something bad. The Saytress rolled her eyes.

"If yooou're gonna let one offf, do it outside at leeeast!" she grumbled before looking around, seeing that one of them had vanished. Where? Or was he never there? She glanced at the liquid like male as he voiced his interest in going too. She also noticed another, saying they could potentially use her ship. Ships usually meant rum, so that would work. She looked around at them as she took another sip.

"Hm... So. That's that, huh? Good talk." she snarked but turned around to look at Viska once again. She was not going to let her die. Not because she liked her or anything. She needed that room! And she would be damned if she was going to have to look after that big beast she calls a pet!

Ki'Tavi

Interacting with:Everyone in the infirmary > Veth Fable Fable and Luna Noble Scion Noble Scion

The infirmary was quickly becoming much more crowded than he'd like. Typical. The Guild never could keep secrets or quests from people. At least it seemed like the people gathering were intent on being helpful. It was fortunate. Holo Cyrus was right his presence was requested by very powerful figures, and snubbing them wouldn't exactly go over well, even if it was to help his student. His eyes closed, his tail flicking behind him as his mind ran over countless possible scenarios.

"Annette... If you run into any trouble or get in over your head... Use the guild seals to contact me." Ki'Tavi spoke, his golden eyes focusing on the woman. Even if he did go along, he knew he had a bullseye on his back. That could put unnecessary risk to the group, especially if Jaeyna or some other Death Knight was particularly inclined to go after him. He didn't like putting the reigns in the hands of someone he hadn't personally tested, but Cyrus seemed to trust her, so he had to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Worst case scenario, he could use the Guild Seal to get to them if they hit trouble...

His tail flipped behind him as he looked down at Viska's terrible state. Words of encouragement in times like this were never his strong suit. "You'll get through this, Viska. I still have much to teach you, and you have much to learn once you return" He patted the Kobold gently on the head. His golden gaze shot once more towards Annette, but there was a dangerous look to his gaze. If she made a liar out of him, there would be hell to pay...

"As I can't go with you.. I'll leave you all to your preparations. If I'm needed, you can find me" He nodded his head, making his way out of the crowded infirmary. That reminded him that he still had more to talk to Veth about... He made his way to her room, picking up a new scent outside her door. He couldn't see anything there, but the scent was unmistakable, especially when he got near the door. Raising his hand, he knocked on her door a few times. "Veth? It's Ki'Tavi. I've got some things to talk to you about, but first... Do you need me to kill this stalker outside your door?" He spoke frankly, his posture relaxed as his gaze flicked towards the invisible intruder. Even if his eyes couldn't see, he could pick up the scent.

At least that meant it wasn't Oghma...

aa2.jpg

Garheil
Interactions: ---

"Awaken, child."

Hearing such words, Garheil opened her eyes. To her surprise, she saw nothing but pure light. It was almost blinding, though for some reason, her sight never seemed to be obstructed. She looked everywhere, and there was just pure light. Even her own body wasn't visible to her. Of course, this immediately made her nervous and alert. What had she done this time? Where did she come to?

"Do not tremble in fear."

There was that voice again. It came from nowhere, and yet seemed to be everywhere. It wasn't ominous, nor did it sound terrifying. Instead, it felt like it belong to someone that was far beyond mortality. It sounded too pristine, too majestic. Almost as if...

"Indeed, child.", the voice spoke. "I am a god."

Immediately, Garheil urged her body to kneel, and her head to bow. Even though she didn't see or feel them. "O divine one, I humbly apologize.", she spoke, her voice somewhat trembling.

Silence filled the air for a short while. "Child.", the god spoke. "Your mourning must cease. You weren't sent there by Mikhel to mope around."

Not even a second has passed and Garheil's eyes lit up like a raging flame. "You know Sir Mikhel, o divine one?"

"Of course. All shall be revealed in time. Now, you must awaken."

"O divine one, please, I need to-"

The voice sighed. "Awaken. You shall learn more if you give the aid that is needed from you."

Garheil immediately rose from her lying position, her eyes wide open. She gazed around, and she was back in the room given to her. "Who was that god?", she wondered. Remembering the words spoken to her earlier, she stood up and left the room. She headed to the guild hall, albeit not in a hurried manner.

If that god was correct, her help is needed. But who is it that requires her help? And what kind of help exactly is needed from her?

She stood in the middle of the hall, gazing around with a confused look. Surely, someone knows something.

biancabanner.png

Bianca Ensyreia
Interactions: ---

In the blink of an eye, a barrage of swift and powerful slashes were unleashed by the emperor. It carried such force, the the very ground itself was damaged in the process, and send out a shockwave that could be felt even if one was at the corners of the room.

Unable to react in time, two of the three Biancas were caught in it and were immediately disposed off - causing them and the weapon they held to fade into thin air. The third Bianca, however, just had the sliver of luck to barely dodge the emperor's lethal blows. Her left arm was torn apart, and she received several cut wounds on her upper torso. The mere force of such strikes sent her flying a few meters away.

Once he was done, he slouched and coughed up blood. His ears and nose had blood dripping out of them, and even his eyes had the crimson fluids run down from the edges of his eyelids, as if he was crying blood. The emperor took a deep breath, then fixed his proud posture with a struggle.

"Hahahaha!", the emperor laughed. "You still live!"

Bianca was on the ground. Blood was gushing out of the wound that was once her left arm. She groaned in pain, which was almost enough to make her slightly teary in enduring it. She stood up. She was a mess. Blood dripped from her forehead, and her several wounds. Bruises were scattered all over her body, some revealed by the tattered clothes she wore. She took a deep breath, and shouted. "I will kill you!", her voice sounded full of resentment. "I will fulfill my duty as an Einherjar!"

The emperor's eyebrows furrowed and his face turned grim. "Then come.", he said. He gazed fiercely towards Bianca, his grip on the nearly broken greatsword as firm as ever.

Bianca took on an offensive stance. Her right foot was behind, and her left was stepped forward. She raised her only arm, one which miraculously held onto Muramasa, and angled it so the edge is pointed towards her enemy - the emperor. Her ferocious gaze never left the emperor.

The two were at the edge. Both worn out and severely wounded. The next strike shall decide the victor.

Bianca, without hesitation, launched herself towards the emperor.

Annette "Braveheart" Stansfield
Infirmary

Annette wasn't scared or intimidated in the least. She held Ki'Tavi's stare down without so much as a blink. If he had a problem, he could take over. Otherwise, he could piss off and let her do her thing. When he walked out, Annette immediately snapped to her position as the mission's leader. "Pertinacia Et Virtus. Everyone who's coming along, get geared up. We're getting Viska to that temple safely and securely." Annette had to look into whether a sea route was possible to cut down on or completely mitigate the need for land travel. If it did, the sea was probably the safest route with her at the helm. When it came to the sea, Annette was the ruler of those waters. Her style of combat was truly her own. Unpredictable, deceptive, skillful. She was a go-to, always absent due to running missions. Time for another one. "Quickly. The faster we get Viska there, the better."

She had to admit though, she didn't know much about the others in the Guild due to always being absent. She stuck to her guns and ran missions that literally no one else could run. She knew her crew, but her crew was about to change even if only for this mission.
Graystone713 Graystone713 Archdemon Archdemon Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
+ her normal items
[div class=tags]Location: Personal Quarters| Interaction: Real Cyrus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Kit ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Luna ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )[/div]
Cyrus commented that her idea was good as he patted her head before he continued to explain his busy schedule, leaving her to believe he'd be far too busy to be able to assist her in this matter. Just as she was about to ask him how she should go about such a task herself, as she's nit sure she'd be able to do such a thing, he turned to look at the door and stated that eavesdropping was very rude. She blinked once and then also turned her attention to the door, curious about who was snooping outside her room.

Ki'Tavi knocked on her door and at first when he spoke she thought perhaps it had been him outside her door, until he inquired if she wanted him to kill the 'stalker' outside her door. She went to open the door and regarded Ki'Tavi for a moment before speaking, "This one would rather ask them why they are snooping outside her quarters, but this one sees only you." She didn't suspect him as the one Cyrus detected as he would have more than readily called out Ki'Tavi's name should it have been him. Veth also didn't believe that Ki'Tavi was so low that he would listen in at her door.

It wasn't as though what they had discussed were war secrets, but just her seeking help and advice from her friend.[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Courtyard, Fort Black | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned:[/div]
Drui's smile faded as she saw Ellis's reaction to her news. She figured he would have been at least neutral on the subject since Cyrus was out of the bad guy's grasp. Apparently not. She sighed as he suggested they go after not being happy with how Cyrus viewed him. She grabbed his arm and tsked at him with a small frown. "Now now, you're not the same Ellis he first met, are you? You're the Ellis who faced against a couple of Death Knights and even took one of them out. I know you don't like him, he's a bit of a blunt grouch. I won't argue he's always pleasant, but you should at least consider that he gave you his staff and book. Do you think someone who really thought poorly of you would give you such items? Speaking of, where is that staff? I've not seen you use it."

She released him and raised her hands in mock-surrender, "I'll drop it. I'd rather you not be upset during the trip. Sourpuss Ellis isn't as much fun to tease. However you think the best way to travel we'll take." She retook his arm this time with both of her own in an intimate hug with a smile towards him. "Shall we?"[/div][/div][/div]

Eleonora Luna - Outside Veth's personal quarters - Birdsie Birdsie Fable Fable One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost
"You see me?" the rabbit's small voice rang out in response to the old gentleman's statement of eavesdropping, taken aback slightly that she were noticeable at all given the spell she had cast. "Did my spell wear off..?" she pondered. briefly appearing before the two for a few seconds, revealing the tribal Viera for a moment in all her traditional glory, wreathed in her green fabric and white markings before waving her wooden and bone staff, casting the spell of invisibility once more and returning to the unseen yet again. "I apologise, although I'm not really listening.. Just.. admiring. Don't mind me, you may continue." she said calmly, speaking truthfully, even if they didn't really believe her. She wasn't very concerned.

What was a cause for concern, however, was the death threat that came from another, brand new member to the group of three, a beast-person, similar to her, but of a different variety. "Kill me? But why? I haven't done anything.. 'Elf lady, do you want me to kill this rude cat that likes to brandish its claws to those he hasn't met?'" the Viera whined in an child-like manner before mocking him in much the same way a kid would while still taking a step away from the door and further in the opposite direction of the to-be aggressor. Worry forcing such an action out of her as confusion drifted through her mind as to why her spell didn't seem to be working right. It most certainly wasn't the spell wearing off as she had only recently recast it, so they must have some way of detecting her.​

Cyrus of Trostenwald | Fort Black, Veth's Quarters | Fable Fable Noble Scion Noble Scion One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Disguise Self. Cyrus' very skin shifted upon itself, becoming coated in illusionary layers of skin and the old wizard was turned into a young sorcerer with short rust-colored hair, a pair of silver earrings in spiky elven ears, a slightly yellow-tinted complexion, and sparkling green-yellow eyes. He wore a light green shirt with leather braces and belts and a green overcoat with a decorative linen hood.

By the time Veth opened the door, it would seem as though someone else stood there. For some reason, Cyrus didn't want people to know that he was in the Fort. Or really that he escaped at all. If the news spread, the place would be infested with death knights.

"That's quite a bold statement, bunny," young Cyrus said. He pointed a finger at Ki'Tavi and looked at him, explaining, "That man is a Captain of the Phantom Legion. A veteran of combat. Your hopes to best him would require strength that you don't have, seeing that I detected your magic so easily..." He shot a witty smile in her direction, then gave Kit a friendly look and detected the confusion on their faces.

He bowed before them, deeply and with customary respect. "Dayden Carvionne Forte, Eladrin Noble from the Plane of Feywild. Lord Oberon has sent me here with Veth so that I could go to your capital and discuss the details of the alliance with the king. I was just about to set out, but seeing that there is an important meeting today, it appears I'll have to wait for one day once I reach Bowerstone."

Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard > Trostenwald, City Square | Fable Fable

"He gave them to me because there's no one else that can use them properly," he justified, still having a negative outlook.

She asked him where the staff was and he shrugged as if it were obvious. "I don't like carrying the staff around. It's heavy and will give people the wrong impression," he said nonchalantly. That was his excuse, but the truth is, carrying it around would hurt his pride. He'd only use it when he had to.

She pulled his arm and connected in an intimate hug. He didn't mind too much, but he averted his gaze and his mouth furrowed a bit in shyness.

Ellis clutched the Guild Seal and made them teleport to Trostenwald. The two arrived in the city plaza with a popping sound. He had to stop for a second to breathe - teleportation had the tendency to upset one's stomach.

The city seemed peaceful considering the war hanging above its head. Crownsguard detachments were assigned to patrol the city along its normal guards. The plaza had a bunch of stands trying to sell numerous items on them.

Apparently, Elucifer pressured the council into lowering the taxes, saying he could deal with less funding for the military. Goods didn't cost as much as they have a week ago.

It's amazing how welfare fluctuated over the past month. Turenval appeared and suddenly everything went to shit, then the ceasefire started and, while not instantly, everything snapped back into normalcy.

He glanced around the market stands for interesting items, but found nothing except costermongers selling fruit and vegetables, and a few merchants of miscellaneous goods like cheap jewelry or house decorations. A hefty bit of the side-market was devoted entirely to pigeons, doves, and birds locked up in cages. It was easy to see from far away because of the white-black splotches everywhere.

Nothing of importance, to him at least.

"Let's go to the stables to buy some horses. We can sell them in the dwarven territories."

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
The most important adventure yet!

Wobb was ready. But one last gear check was in order. The gearing up sequence was a more recent trend in theatre, but he felt it was right! He inspected his scale mail bag inside and out before he pulled it tightish around his core. It felt looser just a few days ago. Maybe this is what people meant by things shrinking in the wash. Wobb was sure it shouldn’t apply to metal and armor, but whatever! Next, he twirled his blades. Check, still sharp and cool. Finally, he counted his arrowheads... Twenty three shots. More than enough for bandits! Or monsters! Wobb was ready!

Hermy was a bit drunk, but that was probably okay. He heard rumors about drunk monks whose martial arts were fueled by booze, maybe she was the same. Captain Annette looked prepared, too. Viska... Was sick in a very not mobile bed. Right. Wobb could probably carry her to the carriage or the ship or whatever transport they needed to use. So Wobb very carefully eased her into the classic princess rescue carry and spoke up.
“Ready, Captain!... We do have a carriage with a bed, or that big ship, right?”
( Archdemon Archdemon Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish )​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back