• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes: Song of Champions

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
NatalieFinal.png Natalie Arcanecrylhik
Interactions: Faust ( LostHaven LostHaven ) | Location: Guild Courtyard

Natalie said to D'izzour 'You know sometimes just relaxing under the sun after a mission is pretty nice.' "You are aware that Faust just teleported, and is looking around, with pizza. And we both know he can't eat. Wanna watch?" He's going to hurt someone. Or humiliate them. Might as well see what he's up to.' Natalie got up, and started walking past Faust. She then pretended to just notice the pizza. She turned her head to him.

"Oh, Faust, er... sorry again about your mask. Wait, pizza? Why'd you waste your money? You can't eat? Wait... did you have a change of heart? Are you giving out acts of kindness, free pizza?" Natalie was pretending to be clueless about the hallucinogenic pizza. The real question was, am I going to stop him? Or help him? It would be funny to see some of the guild members high... 'wait, stop putting thoughts in my head!' Natalie yelled internally, in fact she closed her eyes while talking to Faust.

She then opened her eyes again, realizing she had just stood there, holding her eye's shut for a solid 15 seconds. "Oh, er, D'izzour was just trying to put some thoughts in my head, making them seem my own... anyways, what are the ingredients for that pizza? I don't think I've seen those mushrooms before." She looked at the pizza, and then back up at Faust's 'face'. "Where'd you buy them?" "Yeah, very subtle there 'Interrogator Arcanecrylhik'. You couldn't have been more glaringly obvious."

'GundaBad The Mighty'

Carnicero - Leviathan-Man: Legendary Adventurer

Interactions: Faust Windfallow ( LostHaven LostHaven ) Natalie Arcanecrylhik ( Prince_ Prince_

Action: Laying Down & Reading Newspaper

---

Welp....This was the most boring annoying and absolute waste of time, he had no jobs, not alot of money, he had to pay for fixing up the guild door.....with the rest of money. He wish that he had something to do as he wasn't allowed to do missions....cause the last time, he leveled a village in the fighting....The guild was pretty damn pissed about it, sighing aloud as he casually read the papers.... Boring as hell aside from the Nighwalker stuff that 'GundaBad' then laying down and napped in the middle of the Courtyard, anyone wanted something then they can just tap him....not too much tho.

Last edited:
Sarah Placidus (Human), Hina Placidus (Human), & Akemi Acila (Cloaked/Uncloaked)Location: Inn Room (Nachtholm) || Interactions - N/A (Anyone in Nachtholm)
"Is everything set?" The purple-haired woman asked as she sat on a chair in the corner of the room.

"The transaction is ready to go through... Soon, we'll have the money and be able to return to our home even prouder than we left it," the cloaked woman stated in response.

"Very well... We will summon them now. Do we want two, three, or four of them here?"

"I recommend five of them be summoned, though it is your decision to make. The more of them we summon to this deal, however, the less we'll get away with negotiation-wise. After all, there'd be more here to observe and be observed by."

"We shall summon five of them to us, to complete this transaction... We begin now."

"As you wish! I've waited for this long enough! Arise, my loyal minions...!" the cloaked figure stated as she pulled her cloak off, casting aside what hid her bloody demonic form. "Now then, I'm going to get to a nice vantage point, make use of these new eyes I've got here," Akemi said as she walked out of the room tossing up and down a pair of eyes. "See you later, Mr. Garik," Akemi said as she passed the tied up, eyeless innkeeper whom was slowly being devoured by a pair of zombies.

"Hina, let's go. You've some buildings to burn," Sarah said as she changed into her demonic form, Hina reluctantly doing the same.

"Yes... master..."

Sarah Placidus (Demon)Location: Center of Nachtholm
Rising from the grave, as well as many places within the limits of the city, undead grasped at anything and everything they could to pull themselves out of their earthen prisons. Many unsuspecting citizens were grabbed by the hands of the undead, alongside the stables being a primary target for the flesh-eating abominations. Considerably fast, the city of Nachtholm turned to chaos, having fallen prey to the very magic they were most certainly cautious about to a fault. Within minutes, houses were on fire, corpses of smashed in zombies and torn-up people lay scattered all over the city, and floating in the center of the town a golden-haired demon with four large black wings, open book in hand and a monstrosity beneath her, battling a group of four mages.

"Rejoice, people of Nachtholm, for within mere minutes, those whom remain alive in this city shall join our forces, and be freed of their burdens. Fear, hatred, sadness, displeasure... pain... all shall be erased... Embrace your fate, and I can promise a most painless end... Resist, and your final moments will be the worst moment of your life. Now choose, before I this beast has had the chance to claim your life of its own volition."

The monstrosity leaped fiercely toward one of the mages trying to pierce its body with ice spells, stuffing their head into its mouth and biting down hard through their rib cage, their body beginning to dissolve from the creature's acidic saliva. Biting the mage in half and swallowing the upper half, the beast leaped up, dodging an earth spell as it lunged toward Sarah herself. Sarah flew to the side in time to avoid the monster, although some of the creature's saliva flew from the monster's mouth and hit the edge of Sarah's lower-right wing, dissolving some of her wing and creating a semicircular gap.

"As I said, this is your chance to die painlessly, versus the pain this creature will inflict upon you as it kills you." Sarah flipped the page of her book, placing her left hand out to the side, a large scythe appearing in hand. "Sorry though, time's up. Enjoy the painful death."

Hina Placidus (Demon)City of Nachtholm
"Forgive me for the sins I shall commit today. I wish not perform this task, however I am not in control of my own action. My body moves of its own volition, following the commands of the demon whom has marked me. I pray these fires may consume me, turn me to ash and free me from this life of evil deeds in which I wish not commit."

Hina walked down the streets of Natchtholm, setting ablaze every building she passed. Every so often, a zombie would stumble toward her, and should it try to touch her, she would burn it to ashes and continue walking. "These flames... I wish I'd never been born with these flames... These flames have damned me to a life of destruction of which I've no control over... So please, let the world forgive me, and allow me to leave this life..." Hina kept walking, setting everything on fire, a tear falling from each of Hina's eyes.

Akemi AcilaLocation: Nachtholm Outskirts
"It's a little ironic, don't you think? A place like this, the most cautious about magic, destroyed in minutes by magic," Akemi said in a teasing voice as she slowly reached at the eye of her new torture victim, a man whom had tried to run out of the city. "You see, I have eyes all over this place... I can see everything that's happening, at all times... Do you want to see what I see? It's quite the beautiful sight..."

The man screamed in pain as Akemi removed his left eye, pulling it out slowly until all that connected it to his brain and body had snapped. "I'll give you a little look," Akemi said as she linked his vision to hers, overwhelming him with images of corpses and burning buildings, undead roaming the streets, and even an image of a monstrosity chewing on the last of a small group of mages, biting down on the shoulder of the one-legged man. The sight was dizzying to the man, the swaying and turning of the many different visual angles leaving the man twice as sick as he would have been had it just been the gruesome sights by themselves.

"Now then... I'll give you a choice... I can end your suffering now, and simply turn you into an undead servant, or... I can spare you the fate of becoming a zombie, and let your body and soul rest... after I torture you, that is..."

Holo-Cyrus | Cyrus' Study | Fable Fable

"Barring the fact that I've been programmed to know that I'm not and not to have any emotional conflict about it, I am the real Cyrus," Holo-Cyrus flickered next to her after her whinings about his unsatisfactory advice. The hologram stood at two feet tall and held his pipe in one hand and staff in another.

"If you dislike my previous advice, then perhaps you shall consider the dwarves? They are a folk known for immaculate craftsmanship, but there's more to it than that." Holo-Cyrus pointed a finger upward and walked beside Drui.

Slowly his figure grew to its real proportions. A holographic dwarf appeared beside him, smithing on an anvil. After a moment, the dwarf got tired and the anvil was replaced by a tavern's counter. The dwarf took a tankard and drank from it.

"They work hard, yes, but they play harder. Believe me, I've experienced it myself." He pointed to an empty point in space.

A holographic vision of a younger Cyrus, perhaps in his early fifties or late forties, sitting in a tavern and merrily singing songs and drinking with a group of dwarves who finished their daily work appeared before them. A memory.

He was genuinely having fun from his expression. A bard troupe walked into the tavern and started playing songs.

After a moment, all of the dwarves and Cyrus stood up and started dancing, then they made a 'train' by placing their hands on each other's shoulders (or in Cyrus' case, midriff) and dancing their way through the tavern.

Holo-Cyrus looked at the scene melancholically, taking a whiff of his pipe and releasing a blue holographic cloud and several bubbles. He turned to show Drui a confident smile.

"If there's anyone who could use a Goddess of Song and Laughter, it's them. Even in a time of war, soldiers chant as they march. And to stave off the grim reality of war, they need to laugh. You just need to remind them of it, and there is no better place to start than in the dwarven halls. What do you think?"

Scion Program | City of Nachtholm | Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Suddenly, a wind blew over the entire city. A wind strong enough to make people stop in their tracks as it pushed them across the ground. A powerful and mighty wind, that instantly extinguished all fires started by the demons.

It was followed by a wave of holy energy, which swept across several city districts and vanquished all lesser undead creatures and had a fair chance of damaging the greater ones.

"Hold it right there, criminal scum," a voice called out from one of the rooftops. A man in plain knight armor stood there, with no weapon scabbard nor a sword in hand. A knight in armor, without a sword or a horse.

"Scion Grant," an officer in ceremonial clothing standing behind the knight sternly warned. "Do not indulge in pointless references in a time of crisis."

"Apologies, sir, I couldn't control my excitement," Scion Grant answered, before turning to look at Hina again. "The academy actually taught me that scythes are very impractical weapons! How do you use that thing?"

"Scion. Grant." The officer shot a freezing look in his direction. "Do not engage in pre-battle conversation with the enemy!"

"B-But the combat drills taught us it's advantageous to extract information prior to a battle!"

"Not by engaging in non-sequiturs, Scion Grant!"

"My question wasn't a non-sequitur!"

"Scion Grant, do you wish for me to penalize you and place a red stamp on your record?"

"N-No, sir."

"Engage the hostiles, and I will take care of rescuing the civilians. Do not screw this up, Scion Grant. This is your first combat deployment."

The officer stood at the edge of the rooftop and jumped off, his coat trailing behind him in the air. Before he was halfway to the ground, a blue portal opened and another one released him in the center of the city. His voice carried by magic, he called out to the citizens of Nachtholm. "All citizens of Nachtholm. This is Scion Officer Sebastian Hutter of the Albion Army. Please, enter the portals for your own safety."

Officer Hutter cast Detect Life and instantly localized all surviving people in the city. He then cast Mass Create Dimension Door and created a blue portal next to every survivor in the city. Once they walked through, they found themselves next to the Officer. His soul already out of mana, he called upon more energy from the artificial meridians located in the gems in his saber's scabbard and used it to erect a nigh-impervious, protective forcefield around them.

"Scion Grant. You have permission to use full force to apprehend or destroy the hostiles."

Scion Grant held his hand out and cast Instant Weapon. An opaque, red longsword appeared in his hand. He didn't need a shield, as even the armor he wore provided little to benefit him. It was mostly for the looks. People thought of knights as guardians, so the image of a knight in shining armor fighting demons brought comfort to their minds.

Scion Grant channeled magic into his legs as he hunched down. Three seconds passed, and then he blasted off. Like a bolt fired from a cannon or a boulder launched by a catapult, but in an almost straight category. He left behind cracks and a tiny crater in the rooftop he blasted off from.

He closed the fifty meters between himself and Sarah in nearly three seconds, swinging his sword sideways in a wide arc. He must've realized that she was the 'leader' here.

Hina Placidus (Human)Location: Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Sebastian Hutter (Birdsie)
As the flames that engulfed the city started to get blown away, Hina knew it wasn't a part of Sarah's plan. Something was up, and Hina didn't want to be a part of it. Thankfully this situation was something Hina had some form of control over. If it failed, then oh well, Sarah's done worse to her than death, and if it succeeded, then that's all the better for everyone.

As the flames where Hina stood began to get blown out, Hina let herself fall into the flames, becoming engulfed by them as she transformed into her human form. That's when the announcement came out from the Scion known as Sebastian Hutter. Portals began to appear, and Hina was grateful that one appeared for her as well. "If this is a reward of some sort, then I do not deserve this... If this is a means to my punishment for the sins I've committed, then by all means, I accept it..."

Without hesitation, the white-haired girl, still covered in flames, leaped through the portal, landing and rolling sideways on the ground as she landed next to the officer. She rolled back and forth to extinguish the flames on her body, which were surprisingly painful to her, never before having touched fire in her human body. "Ugh.... I-it hurts..." Hina mumbled, still feeling the searing heat from the burns across her body. While she was still plenty capable of getting up from the ground, Hina elected to lie there, conserve every ounce of energy in her body so as to try and resist the feat she knew her body was about to attempt do due to the cursed mark her freak of a sister had placed upon her ash-coated right cheek.

AquaLocation: Outskirts of Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Julie Tarkus (Noble Scion) // Sebastian Hutter (Birdsie)
"Everywhere we go, Sarah... I don't like this... I know you have your reasons, and I hope they're good reasons, but... I don't like it..." Aqua whispered to herself, sitting against a tree just outside the city of Nachtholm, watching the flames and smoke rising into the air. Then, when the flames blew out, Aqua stood up, curious as to what was happening. Then the voice came out, a man named Sebastian Hutter claiming that portals would lead to safety. Lo and behold, there was the portal that was spoken about, right in front of Aqua. "W-what do I do...? Do I... go through...? She might not like it, but... I feel like it's the right thing to do... T-there must be something for me through here..."

Aqua stepped through the portal in front of her, very cautious on her way through. She held Julie's crystal carefully in her hands as she did so, protecting the crystal-bound girl from any sort of harm that may occur on the way through, or even after going through the portal. As she got through the portal though, she froze from fear. The destruction, the corpses, the scent of blood; it all made Aqua feel a bit sick. Had Julie not been in Aqua's hands, Aqua would have put them to her mouth and fallen to her knees, but instead she simply stood there, that little trace of her will to protect Julie with her own two hands keeping her from dropping.

"W-what... is this...?"

Hina Placidus (Human) & AquaLocation: Center of Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Sebastian Hutter (Birdsie)
"Please... Someone... help me..." Hina muttered under her breath, feeling a burning sensation coursing through her body. Suddenly, Hina began to roll back and forth, curled up in a ball, holding in the soon-to-be earsplitting screams of pain. The heart mark on her right cheek began to glow a dark purple color, faint amounts of smoke coming from the skin around it as her cheek began to burn slightly. Hina was doing everything she could to resist obeying the mark that bound her soul, and it was a painful task for her. Aqua took notice of this after a little bit, the screaming having woken her up from her state of terror. Without even thinking, Aqua took a few steps toward Hina, though elected to stop, realizing there was far more going on than she could comprehend.

"She's in pain..." Aqua said to herself, not realizing that Officer Sebastian Hutter was right next to her, close enough to hear. "Someone please help her..." Aqua continued on, this time just a tiny bit louder than her original comment, going from a barely-understood mumble to more of a whisper.

Sarah PlacidusLocation: Above Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Scion Grant (Birdsie)
"How do I use my scythe, you ask? Simple..." Sarah said as Grant launched himself at her. Closing her book, Sarah tossed the scythe up in the air, it spinning rapidly and flying almost out of sight. Meanwhile, her monster appeared between herself and Grant's sword, the monster's plated back taking the blow of the sword and redirecting it, suffering a minor scratch on its red plating along the way before the creature dropped back to the ground, crouching and leaping back up. Meanwhile, Sarah flew beside Grant, arm outstretched with the palm of her hand centimeters from Grant's shoulder. "I use it to cut."

As Sarah spoke, the scythe reappeared in front of her palm, still spinning rapidly, the blade of the scythe swinging right into the back of the Scion's right shoulder before Sarah let herself drop straight down and land atop her monstrosity's head. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"

Scion Program | Nachtholm | Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Noticing that there were injured people all around, Officer Hutter mumbled something quietly. Lights flashed and soon, several spirits from the Positive Energy plane appeared. Composed of pure life energy and bound to the caster, they began to float around and tending to people's wounds.

One made its way to Hina. A glowing, floating specter with a white center and green outside. It had a pair of white, blinking eyes and looked like an ambiguously feminine humanoid like an elf or human. It hovered over Hina and held out its hands toward her. The ends of its fingers faded and shifted into rays of healing light, washing over her body, acting as an anesthetic and beginning to correct all wounds.

*​

After the monster stepped in to halt his momentum, Grant deployed his wings. A pair of spectral reptilian wings sprouted from his back, about as large as he was tall. They flapped and kept him stable and fixed in place.

Upon sensing that Sarah relocated next to him and prepared to attack, Scion Grant breathed in and activated his meridians, pumping clean energy into his body. A dragon's meridians were far superior to mortal ones. They had extraordinary rotational speed, quality and quantity of output, and fuel efficiency. Where a human soul was a mana furnace, a dragon soul was like a mana factory.

Instantly, in less than a second, the energy spread through his body. It became stronger, faster, better. The scythe struck his shoulder and sundered his pauldron, then dug into his flesh, but it didn't break through the bone. Every strand of muscle in his body was significantly tougher than steel after the mana burst and his bones were far tougher than adamantium, at the very least.

Grant was swooped down by the force of her pull and landed in front of her monstrosity a bit roughly, his shoulder bleeding.

He cast Mending and Cure Moderate Wounds. His bleeding stopped and the wound in his shoulder faded away, leaving a patch of skin. His broken pauldron glowed with a blue hue, remolding itself back together.

"This fight might be a long one," Scion Grant stated with confidence, skillfully hiding his true opinion. "I have enough to heal any wounds you inflict, while that freaky he-goat of yours is durable enough to withstand my blows."

Changing tone to a curious one, he asked, "In that case, why are you doing this? What does Turenval offer you? Or is it a racial thing? Cultural? I'm not bothered by your allegiance, if you're gonna ask. You're killing innocent people, that's what bothers me. Is there no way I can make you reconsider without using violence?"

Knowing the answer, but not wanting to be blamed for not trying, Scion Grant pumped mana into his extremities and sword, preparing to clash with the monster in front of him.

Last edited:
[div class=RylaFlex] [div class=RylaImage] [div class=RylaTitle]Johann Winters[/div] [div class=RylaMentions] Location:
Guild of Heroes Infirmary

Interactions:
Fable Fable [/div][/div] [div class=RylaContent]Johann Winters was completely exhausted. His old comrade Ryla Sinclair called him into the guild to help out with the healing, since she wanted to go get some exotic toxin. I know that we all have medical training, but she should really keep in mind that I'm still in espionage. Just because she retired from the force doesn't mean that I have... In truth, Johann couldn't go against her, fearing her abilities as an assassin.

"Oh my, what do we have here?" Johann had just entered the infirmary only to see someone applying first aid to herself on the bed. Adjusting his glasses, he approached the patient while staring at her wounds. "Allow me." He took the towel and tossed it into the water, then forced the woman to lie down.

"Hmmm... Just what were you doing to get this?" While engaging in small talk to fill the silence, he continued to examine the wound. He held his right hand over the water with the towel, applying some holy magic to it. [/div][/div] [class=RylaFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=RylaImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; margin: 5px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/chain_204_cs1w1_640x960-jpg.37172/full'); background-color: black; background-size: 170%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 40% 0%; [/class] [class=RylaTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 0; height: auto; width: 100%; padding: 5px; padding-bottom: 1px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; color: goldenrod; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.4); [/class] [class=RylaMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Raleway'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=RylaMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=RylaContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Raleway'; [/class]

Faust Banner.png

Faust Windfallow || Fort Black Courtyard || Interacting with Natalie ( Prince_ Prince_ ), Crew-guy ( Kylesar1 Kylesar1 )​

Faust eyed Natalie with suspicion as she approached the shifty-looking skeleton. The banshee proceeded to inquire about the pizza which Faust held in his hand, and whether Faust had had a change in attitude and handing out free pizza out of the kindness of his nonexistent heart. "Totally, yeah..." He muttered in response in Natalie's series of random mumblings that clearly gave away the fact that she knew perfectly that the delicious pizza which Faust held was not completely safe to eat- but probably still absolutely scrumptious.

"Where did I buy those mushrooms from?" He repeated Natalie's query, before following up with his answer. "The same place I buy materials for undead-making purposes. Black markets, of course."

Faust then promptly turned his back to Natalie and decided to ignore her for the time being, seeing as she didn't seem to have any interest in consuming a slice of the pizza. "If your teenage edgy alter-ego is being a shit, I can kill it. Permanently." He offered Natalie with his back turned, as he waited for his victim. Thankfully, that didn't take long.

He was soon approached by a rough-looking man who spoke in a very gruff and worn voice. He boldly asked the necromancer for a slice of the pizza; a request which Faust was more than happy to oblige with. Faust presented the large plate in front of the man, signaling that it was alright to take a slice. "Take as many slices as you'd like. I don't have any internal organs, you see, so I can't actually eat." Faust internally laughed to himself- despite all the warning signs that the pizza was likely unsafe, this moron would still probably eat it. "You know I'm a necromancer, yeah? That pizza might have rotting bits of flesh and zombies in it." He warned jokingly, despite the fact that the only ingredient on the pizza were various mushrooms. Some of those mushrooms were bright blue...

Night after night, he suffered the same nightmare.

Ellis looked around and saw burning buildings with jets of soot coming from them and charcoal-stained skies. Pools of blood dotted the street around him, along with bodies the blood came from. Dozens of people and the face of each person bore an eternal image of the torture inflicted upon them before their death.

Then, as soon as his mind took it in, the imagery changed to another scene of horror.

Horrors poured from the sky, black devils. They swooped down and impaled the elves with their spears, carrying them further as they screamed and raining blood on the rest of the fleeing crowd. Soon after, the second squadron of flying fiends came down and threw down bombs, decimating tens of people in one strafing run.

And again, as soon as he took it in, the images switched. Like pulling a lever to another setting.

This time, it was a natural disaster. A volcano erupted and killed two-hundred people, who could barely run away as streaks of fiery magma and heated boulders rained down upon them like the wrath of a vengeful god.

Again.

A war, a battlefield. Dark elves fighting their surface counterparts in a bloody skirmish. Each side full of enmity for the other, and neither of them using any form of ethics or honor. No prisoners were taken and the only thing that ruled the battlefield was mindless slaughter.

Again.

And again.

And again and again and again and again.

Ellis had seen it so many times already, that he felt jaded about the suffering of the people around him. It wasn't quite as strong as the original vision, but it still elicited a response from him during the first few nightmares. A strong response, but now, he only got nervous and worried. When he remembered these visions in the day, he had short anxiety attacks, but it wasn't anything major.

In a way, that made him even more worried. Because only something despicable wouldn't feel bad about seeing this.

But tonight, it would be different. Ellis, having finished work on the dreamcatcher, hung it upon the wall and laid down, using his arms as pillows. He felt smug about the invention, seeing that he added some extra features.

He fell asleep and instead of the nightmare, he was still in his room, but now everything was dim and scantly colored. He was lucid, too, which was the important part here. His mind entered the Ethereal Plane, without any complications.

It took some time. Travel on the Ethereal Plane was accomplished by force of will, so he could move more quickly than in the Material Plane, but he was still inhibited by other factors. When he reached the Dark Forest, he had to slow down. Furthermore when he reached Coorhagen.

He snuck his way around the streets of Coorhagen, finding its security to be more than what he expected and its architecture to be more efficient than imagined. Turenval actually had ghosts patrolling the Ethereal Plane, as few of them as there were. Clearly, he didn't think somebody would infiltrate his capital this way. A simple presence concealment spell and Ellis was set to walk past the ghosts as if he wasn't there.

He reached the spire in the middle of the city, its architecture was amazing. So was the barrier on the outside. After scalping a hole in it using the silver fire, he found himself inside Turenval's palace. Security was tighter here. Wards at every corner, a specter in every hallway, and a barrier for every room.

He mapped everything in his mind, to write it down when he woke up. And in case Turenval used magic to alter his memory, he connected with the dreamcatcher and saved his memories on it. A contingency that hopefully wouldn't be required.

Ellis found what he presumed to be the Hall of Death Knights. A humungous room, with thirteen pedestals, one of which was empty. On all the others laid various objects, varying from a metallic feather to a scroll written in an ancient language. Their phylacteries, he knew. He could cast magic here.

Technically, a blast of silver fire would be enough to destroy one such phylactery as the shields of all but Verraketh's wouldn't be able to take it, but upon detecting that kind of magic, he'd be thrown out instantly and forcibly woken up - he could read it from the palace wards.

No, he had to make this count. He looked more, to find Turenval's phylactery room. The Dark Lord had nine phylacteries, thus his soul was split into nine equal fragments in each of them. That may not seem significant, but he would destroy a bit over eleven percent of the Dark Lord's power permanently, forever, as in: for all eternity, if he managed to do it. And there was a chance that the feedback sent by it upon destruction would clue him as to the whereabouts of the other soul fragments, and thus phylacteries.

It was worth more than a single Death Knight. Death Knights could be defeated with direct force if enough of it was applied, as Ellis had discovered. But Turenval could not. The effort should be directed at making him weaker. Ellis would've considered destroying Verraketh's phylactery if it was possible, but it used the same metaphysical protection as his armor. Not even spellfire could pierce it, because it was from outside this universe.

Turenval's phylacteries didn't, however, as there were too many of them. And if he was wrong, he could always come back here.

Ellis floated one floor up, through the ceiling, and found himself in a precarious position.

Just in front of him was the throne of Turenvalia, and the namesake of the country sat upon it with a bored expression and one hand supporting his cheek. Verraketh stood just behind Ellis, pleading with the Dark Lord to increase his effort on forging better equipment for the Death Knights.

Ellis, utterly horrified, stepped back and off to the side, watching the exchange, and fearing whether either of them had spotted him. He calmed down just slightly after their conversation concluded and Verraketh left, thinking maybe they didn't.

He prepared to float upward, to where he suspected was Turenval's phylactery chamber or some other important location, but he found himself locked in space.

Turenval grinned, shooting him a friendly smile. It carried no malice, and if anything, it was inviting and brotherly. "Don't you know it's rude to listen in on other people's conversations, Elsimore?"

His heart sunk. Ellis' body trembled, even asleep.

"It's hilarious," Turenval said. "The universe throws the answer in your face. It tells you what it wants from you, but you can't get a clue."

W-What?

"Since I am a merciful god, and you are a humble mortal in need of guidance, I will give you a hint. For you see, if there is some kind of overdeity out there, one that rules over all fate: an ultimate expression of destiny, and what our universe is?... Then it wants you to suffer."

Pain. Turenval didn't move his hand, flick his wrist, change his expression, or even furrow an eyebrow to show he was concentrating even mildly. His expression stayed the same, yet Ellis' mind was flooded with the sensation of pain, and so was his body, which began to writhe and squirm in his bed, dozens of kilometers away.

He woke up, sweaty.
Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard | Prince_ Prince_ Kylesar1 Kylesar1 LostHaven LostHaven

His eyes opened. Without a beat, he said, "Rat's ass. I hate you... fucking... undead whoreson..." Turenval crushed the mental barrier Ellis had prepared to protect himself much like a cook cracks an eggshell against a pot.

"Goddamn it... It's not even dawn and I'm out of mana..." He sat at the bedside, putting his recently purchased rings on his fingers and complaining, "I guess I'll have to settle for alchemy today."

He opened the Ring of Holding and retrieved some clothing from within. It was far more efficient than using a wardrobe, and he could carry the items with him at all times, so it was also more convenient.

After studying for some time, he decided to go for a walk to refresh his mind.

*​

Ellis strolled up to the group after observing them for a few seconds, deciding to intervene. He waved his hand dismissively, strolling up to them at a leisurely pace as he advised, "Hey, are all of you stupid? You shouldn't eat anything Faust gives away for free; it's probably an alchemical experiment!"

He stared down at the plate of pizza and almost instantly recognized the ingredients. "Eeh!?" He recoiled and stabbed a finger in the pizza's direction. "Those are Shaded Parasol mushrooms!"

He looked up at Faust, bewildered and flabbergasted. Ellis, being himself, protested loudly and with extraordinary grace: "The fuck's wrong with you, man? Why are you giving these out? These mushrooms are a literal narcotic! I know because I've..." he trailed off and paused for a split-second, before saving himself deftly, even though his voice underwent a suspicious change, "-read in a book about them!"

Judging from the bead of nervous sweat going down Ellis' temple, he did recognize them but probably didn't read about them as much as he... examined on them more extensively than most scholars should.

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
That firm look people like.
LostHaven LostHaven Birdsie Birdsie Prince_ Prince_

Wobb had been a busy boy. He supposed he could forgive himself for sleeping in. He’d completed three missions, eaten four dead monsters, and only slept once every other night, for a bit. But he hadn’t been wearing himself out for nothing. He was bigger, stronger, and now... he was teaching himself tricks he wished he’d known years ago. When Wobb walked in last night, he was nine feet tall and goopy as ever. As he left his room, however, he was six feet tall and super solid. He was barely even making the floor damp as he walked (actually walked, feet leaving the ground and everything!) out to the courtyard. He felt super proud. And Faust brought pizza! Wobb had no idea why Faust was giving out pizza or why Ellis seemed so surprised by him, but Wobb wasn’t going to turn down a good brunch pizza!
“I’d love a slice, Faust! I’ll take two, even!”
but THAT was Wobb’s proudest achievement. He’d finally compressed and solidified himself enough today to say words without his mouth melting or bubbling or dripping or anything! So he took his two victory slices of pizza and ate them with no regrets and no worries.
“Oh man, this is some good pizza. You’re missing out, Ellis.”
he said, feeling the most happy he’d felt since Turenval invaded. Everyone was smiling, the world was colorful, and he had a good song in his heart. In his eyes, the world seemed a beautiful set for a musical, blessed by Drui herself. Why, he was sure he could see her in the clouds above, telling him he was on. So he sang. And Wobb wasn’t a bad singer. He still had to develop his voice, but he didn’t sound bad at all. Even if it was obvious that the pizza had an... ‘Effect’ on Wobb.

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
White Flower (from Great Tree)
+ her normal items
[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Veth[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Infirmary, Fort Black | Interaction: Johann ( Alteras Alteras )| Nearby/Mentioned: [/div]
Just as Veth was about to get up and try and locate a needle and thread, an unfamiliar man entered and took notice of her. He inquired what she was doing here until he spied her wounds and then forced her to lie down upon the bed. She blinked a few times as this happened all rather quickly. He hadn't even introduced himself to her! When he inquired about what she been doing to earn such injuries she furrowed her brows.

"This one was obviously engaged in a fight with one who was wielding something sharp. This one questions if you are a healer if you cannot deduce at least that." She wasn't trying to be rude, but she really didn't understand the purpose of the question. Perhaps he was a healer in training?

(She does have two wounds, the one on her cheek is so minor it's like a cat scratch though XD)[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Drui[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Cyrus's Study > Courtyard | Interaction: Holo-Cyrus/Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Courtyard Crew ( Prince_ Prince_ Kylesar1 Kylesar1 LostHaven LostHaven Graystone713 Graystone713 ) [/div]
Drui frowned at the flickering image of Cyrus as he stated he was the real one. She wanted to point out he was just a copy and a copy was never the real thing, but she just 'hmphed' in response. When he mentioned dwarves she nearly grabbed a book and threw it at him, for all the good it would do since it would just phase right through him and make a mess she would have to clean up. She was in a sour mood. Holo-Cyrus put on a light show for her to display the dwarves behavior while showing a younger version of himself. She tried to keep her interest from showing as the imagery displayed happy drinking and dancing beings.

She'd never really heard any prayers from them before, she heard they were more interested in their own serious gods. It also wasn't against the law to prayer to multiple deities and she doubted she'd weaken their own if they happened to pray to her every now and then. "The only way they'd even possibly consider praying to me is if I went there myself," she stated, "I can't exactly answer prayers as I am and it doesn't resolve my major issue of being stuck in this form. Too bad that bitch Death Knight wasn't really a messenger of Lord Ao."

Drui sighed to herself as she pondered, "Well, not like I'm a guild member anyway. They won't miss me if I'm gone for a bit, however..." She narrowed her eyes at Holo-Cyrus, "Don't you dare tell my darling Ellis about my personal problems. He has his own to deal with."

With that she left his study and searched around for Ellis. She at least had to tell him she was going to be gone for an indefinite time, though if she was especially unlucky she'd never return. She eventually spotted him in the courtyard lecturing others about accepting things from Faust. She grinned as she sneaked up behind him and hugged him tightly, "Ellis, darling, there you are!"

Her attention was pulled away from Ellis as she peered around him to the strange Wobb who was singing and seemed so happy he appeared nearly euphoric. Had Drui known about Ellis's own experimentation with the mushrooms, she would have assumed he was the one responsible for the slime's current state. However she didn't, and so all she could do was grin and enjoy the show. "My, I wasn't expecting such wonderful entertainment."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Last edited:
The crewmate looked even more intrigued after it was mentioned it was a narcotic. "Fantastic!" He scoffed down 2 pieces immediately. Instantly it took effect, whatever said effects were, which would be amplified by the magic in the slices. He shrugged. "I need something to take my mind off the trip we came back from." The trip in question was their month long mission that they sailed from.

Annette had a pretty strict drug-use policy, so knowingly taking that mushroom pizza would be a no-no in her eyes. They could drink themselves to death, but magic-enhanced hallucinogenic mushroom could seriously fuck someone's mind up.

What were the effects?
LostHaven LostHaven
Birdsie Birdsie
Graystone713 Graystone713
Fable Fable

Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard | Graystone713 Graystone713 Fable Fable Prince_ Prince_ LostHaven LostHaven Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Wobb dug into the slice of pizza, followed by the crewmate. Ellis pinched the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes, and exhaled in disappointment. Looking at them was like looking at a mirror and seeing the past. It was frustrating.

Drui snuck up on him and hugged him from behind. Not even slightly surprised, Ellis said, "One of these days you will startle me, and I will accidentally hit you with my elbow."

"And it's not wonderful entertainment!" Ellis countered upon realizing what she said. Ellis pointed at Faust and accused, "That sketchy good-for-nothing lich is giving people drugs! I'm reporting this to Risa!"

Sarah PlacidusLocation: Above Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Scion Grant (Birdsie)
"A way to make me reconsider what I'm doing...? Killing innocent people? Very funny, a mortal being asking a demon to reconsider," Sarah said to grant, laughing from the hilariousness of it. "You're kind of interesting, so I'll make you a deal," Sara said as her scythe reappeared in her hand, licking all of the blood off of it. "If you can drag my father from the depths of hell and help me kill him, I'll do more than reconsider my actions here; I'll turn my back on Turenval, and when all is said and done, kill myself as penance." Sarah let her book disappear, placing her hand on the monstrosity's head and causing it to disappear into thin air, placing the hand out for a handshake.

"So, think you can do it?" Sarah said confidently, every inch of her body itching for a response. She knew he'd almost certainly say he'd be unable to, which was fine, as it meant nothing as they'd just resume their fight. On the off-chance he could, however, then things would be interesting. If he could actually do it, she'd be surprised, and would be more than willing to quit with her violent acts for the time being to simply see if it were possible for a human to drag an unwilling Demon Lord out from hell. She waited there for Grant's answer, scythe in hand and ready for the almost certainty that they'd fight, and prepared even if he were to say yes in case it were a mere ploy to distract her.

Hina Placidus (Human) & AquaLocation: Center of Nachtholm || Interaction(s) - Sebastian Hutter (Birdsie)
"W-what...?" Hina mumbled as the spirit appeared and reached out to her, starting to heal her wounds and suppress some of the pain of the mark from Sarah. "T-thank... you... but it still hurts..." Hina said as she struggled to get up from the ground, the mark still burning her body slowly, alongside her soul feeling as though she were in an ice-cold pool of lava. "Damn this... this..." Hina began, though calmed herself as she dug her fingers into the ground. She looked back to the spirit, as well as toward Officer Hutter, letting out a sigh. "T-thank you... Both of you..." Hina said, clearly trying to hide the pain she was still suffering.

Seeing the spirits around the group helped Aqua calm down a little more, enough to think somewhat rationally. She touched Officer Hutter's arm shyly, attempting to get his attention. "E-excuse me, sir... I need to get out of here... Please, let me out... I can't stand this... This... destruction... I have to stop it...!" Aqua pleaded, begging to be let out of the barrier.

[div class=RylaFlex] [div class=RylaImage] [div class=RylaTitle]Johann Winters[/div] [div class=RylaMentions] Location:
Guild of Heroes Infirmary

Interactions:
Fable Fable [/div][/div] [div class=RylaContent]The edge of Johann's lips lifted ever so slightly. They never learn do they. "Do you kill an ancient dragon the same way you kill a wyvern? A sword is more than enough for both of them right?"

He remained silent and continued to examine the wound. After determining how deep and the seriousness of the wound, he turned his full attention to the soaked cloth. A holy aria escaped his lips, casting a very specialized set of magical instructions out of the spell. Once he was done, he lifted the now glowing towel, balled it up to a point in his hand, and lightly dabbed the wound. With each touch, the wound began to seal itself up. After a minute, he finished and looked back up at his patient.

"You were thinking of trying to stitch it up instead, weren't you." Johann stood up with a grin on his face. "The weapon, the force used, the cleanliness of the cut, all of that is can be used to determine the type of treatment needed. Well it wasn't that serious in the first place. Anywhere else?" [/div][/div] [class=RylaFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=RylaImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; margin: 5px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/chain_204_cs1w1_640x960-jpg.37172/full'); background-color: black; background-size: 170%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 40% 0%; [/class] [class=RylaTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 0; height: auto; width: 100%; padding: 5px; padding-bottom: 1px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; color: goldenrod; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.4); [/class] [class=RylaMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Raleway'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=RylaMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=RylaContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Raleway'; [/class]

Scion Program | City of Nachtholm | Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Hutter looked at Aqua. He felt a twinge of sympathy at her expression and understood that she had some kind of abilities or combat experience that made her think she could be of use. He did not concur, not wanting to get civilian parties involved.

"Just stay here. You're safe here. If you really want to leave, I can let you out, but it's dangerous and Scion Grant can handle the situation," he said.

Scion Grant looked at Sarah with a doubtful expression. All his life, he never wanted anything more than to be left alone. But then, a letter came and he was forced to enroll. He was a young, healthy man in ideal condition for combat.

And then, with no agency of his own, he was chosen by a dragon. A beast almost as ancient as the Guild of Heroes itself picked him to be its champion. Why? Because even in these conditions, he guarded his heart and acted of his own free will. He chose what he believed was right and acted on it.

It didn't take him long to decide.

Scion Grant shook her hand. "My name is Cedric," he introduced himself. He had no attachment or desire to be with the military, but he knew he could do good without it.

"Or not," the shell-shocked officer muttered, his jaw slacked. He raised his hand, then spoke to a signet on his finger. "T-This is Officer Sebastian Hutter. I believe... I believe Scion Grant just... defected, sir."

A sigh came from the other side. "I anticipated this. Has the threat been terminated?"

"I'm verifying that right now..." He lowered his hand, waiting to see how this would play out.

Faust Banner.png

Faust Windfallow || Fort Black Courtyard || Interacting with Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Crewman ( Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ), Wobb ( Graystone713 Graystone713 ) || Nearby Natalie ( Prince_ Prince_ ), Drui ( Fable Fable )

Faust opted to dismiss Ellis as he began warning fellow guild-members that the main ingredient on Faust's pizza was an extremely potent narcotic, claiming that he knew so as he had 'read about them.' Faust laughed to himself, realizing that the reason Ellis was so well educated on these drugs was not thanks to a book, but rather likely personal experience...

Faust attempted to contain his snickering as Wobb boldly approached the dodgy lich, and loudly declared that he would have two slices, before consuming said slices in rapid succession. Faust noted that the slime no longer sounded like a mentally disabled child with all their teeth knocked out. Wobb then abruptly began to sing, which Faust promptly assumed was due to the mushrooms. He then glanced over at the crewmate, who was only more exhilarated to taste this pizza, after learning that the mushrooms were a narcotic. He too, devoured two whole slices before he would immediately fall victim to Faust's antics, and the mushrooms magical effects.

What effects, you may ask? Firstly, the person's perception of reality would completely melt, leaving a plethora of convoluted colors. Their perception of color would also be largely altered, causing the entire color spectrum to completely reverse and invert on itself. Colors that were originally invisible to the human eye became visible. Next came the ludicrous and over-the-top hallucinations, such as giant dragons that breathed severed fists instead of flames, or gnomes that exploded into blood, guts, confetti, and fairy floss while singing Christmas carols. These hallucinations were just to name a few- the possibilities were as endless as the imperceivable abyss. While those were some main effects, the extent of the drug only depended on each individual person, causing the fantastical experience to be unique to every consumer. Of course, the 'alterations' Faust had made to these mushrooms only served to heighten these absolutely mindblowing, funtastical effects.

"What do you mean this isn't entertaining?" Faust retorted to Ellis' exclamation that this shifty-lich was handing out drugs. Then, Ellis threatened to take this matter to Risa. "Sure. You can do that." Faust told Ellis, procuring the spare skull he had conversed with earlier, and bringing to Ellis' ear. Then, he shook it up and down, causing the jaw to move, like a ventriloquist's doll. "But if you tell that accident of a spellbreaker, I'll flood your mind with horrific visions of your own demise, over and over until your mind erodes to nothing. Then, I torture you to death, and resurrect your body, only to kill it over and over again until this cycle of madness becomes your only twisted, broken reality." He threatened the poor Bard. Then, he retrieved the skull and threw it behind him, flying across the courtyard. As it flew through the air, it seemed to shed a single tear of grief and sorrow having been abandoned so nonchalantly by its only friend in death. Or that might've been people tripping and imagining jackshit. It landed on the hard stone floor and shattered into pieces. Faust seemed to ignore it, however. He brought the plate in front of Ellis. "Geez, lighten up, kid. You've already had plenty of experience with this, am I wrong? Why don't we all take some magically-enhanced life-threatening narcotics while Turenval is plotting to ravage the world? It's gonna be the best trip you've had in your sorry little life, otherwise, I'll pay you thirty gold-pieces as compensation for your time and sanity."

Alice Header.png

Alice || Outfitting Chamber || Interacting with Gisela ( Reinhardt Reinhardt )

The automation silently followed the purple-haired maid, arriving at a curious chamber filled with various devices which homuncu-maids attended to. She glanced over at Gisela briefly as she instructed Alice to step up onto a platform after which she would be 'measured.'

"Measure? Measurements for clothing?" Alice inquired after she decided that the room she was currently in was for tailoring outfits or something of the sort. She quietly approached the platform, stepping onto it and entering through the synthetic door. She looked to her side and stared at the homuncu-maid on the platform before looking back to Gisela. "What next?"

lsd.jpg

The Crewmate had a mixture of joy and horror painted on his face as everyone and everything around him morphed. He was enjoying the world and the new smells and sights, but it all came crashing down at about the 30 second mark and he screamed as a blue dragon, in a non-altered view came at him from the hallway. He thought they had killed it a month ago! Maybe it had come to take back the egg they had to secure. Not today! He charged in, sword drawn and tackled it............

Annette Braveheart Stansfield
Hallway----->Courtyard

.........."The fuck?" Annette yelled as her crewmate attacked her. She had walked out of her quarters to get some food before they all had to meet up to conduct ship maintenance and this shit happened. In the air, with a graceful backflip, she wrapped her thighs around his neck and slammed him on the ground, making him release his sword. She jumped back and drew her pistol. "What's come over him?!?" she said frantically

The dragon slammed him down and roared at him. He didn't have his gun on him, so he ran forward and scooped his sword. The dragon was even stronger than before. Definitely faster, but he wouldn't be deterred. The only company he seemed to have were weird-looking nightmare fuel. They didn't hold a candle to the dragon that came back for that egg though. He slashed and missed, but kept charging. He didn't have much of a fighting chance though because the dragon hit him with a flame breath attack which sent him flying into a wall.

Annette dodged his attack by jumping back, putting quite a bit of distance between them. While the man charged, Annette cast a quick fire magic circle and unleashed it. He ran directly into it and was promptly sent crashing through the courtyard. The grass on the ground was scorched and the member hitting the wall put a crater in it
GJhS.gif

"Captain! There's an excess of magic in his system!" Catina (The crew's nun medic) yelled at Annette. Annette looked to the others. She needed to detain him before he hurts someone or himself. The attack may have numbed him a bit to pain, hence why he was still moving and not unconscious right now. The others didn't seem like they'd help. If anything, they were probably the cause. "What the hell happened to him!?" Annette didn't fuck around when it came to the well-being of her crewmates. She was both confused and pissed
LostHaven LostHaven
Birdsie Birdsie
Graystone713 Graystone713
Fable Fable

Last edited:
f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Cyrus's Study > Courtyard | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Faust (@@HellsHaven) | Nearby/Mentioned: Courtyard Crew ( Prince_ Prince_ Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Graystone713 Graystone713 )[/div]
Drui was smiling at Wobb but her gaze was pulled towards an unfamiliar group as a man still took the pizza even after he was clearly warned it had a narcotic. She blinked and wondered what the total intelligence of the group was if they were willingly going to fall into Faust's joke. Ellis commented how one day he might elbow Drui if she kept startling him and she leaned forward to speak into his ear, "Oh I think you wouldn't. I think you enjoy my surprise hugs and just won't admit it. I've said before if you really didn't want me to do something, you could tell me and I would stop. And Wobb's very entertaining! I do agree that Risa should know about this, I'm sure her punishment for Faust would be infinitely more amusing to watch than this prank."

When Faust threatened Ellis, her features went dark and she stared at the lich with the fury of a goddess. No one was allowed to threaten her darling Ellis but her! She grabbed the plate Faust was hovering in front of Ellis's face and shoved it upward and into the lich's own. "Back. Off," she growled out stepping out from behind Ellis to confront him. She poked the skull of the lich and in a very pissed off tone, "Should you get any desire or act out any prank against others, you'll regret it." The curse was placed and she knew it was going to drain even more of her divine power to do so, but she was no longer amused by Faust. Should he prank anyone he'd suffer psychic damage that would slowly build until he sincerely apologized. She'd remove the curse later, maybe.

Just as she removed her finger, feeling rather gross for touching him the girl was tackled by her own friend. Drui's hands went to her hips and she sighed, "Unfortunately I can't exactly remove these effects, but..." she summoned her lute and began to play the same song that had nearly put out a Nightwalker. The slow song was targeting those who ate the pizza and would lull them to sleep and hopefully kept them from doing any more trouble.

Should the spell take effect, they'd peacefully sleep for a couple of hours, but could be woken up easily enough with a firm shake. She turned to Ellis and sighed a bit sadly, "Ellis darling, I actually had come to inform you that I'll most likely be leaving for a while." She tried to seem cheerful and unaffected by cursing Faust, grinning as though she was full of energy, "I've got some business with some dwarves and because I don't have a handy little guild seal I have to travel the slow way."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Hermione "Hermy" Puckette
andi_concept_sketches_by_crescentvenus-d5io4bj.jpg
Actions: Stumbling around drunk

Interacting with: Graystone713 Graystone713 Rage Rage LostHaven LostHaven
Mentions: above
Hermione groaned as she opened her eyes, blinking them a number of times. She sat up and rubbed the back of her neck. She was not lying in a bed, she knew that for sure. She was lying on concrete. It took a few moments for the Saytr to realise that she was actually in the courtyard. What was she doing here?

Uggggh…. Wooow… whaat… where am- oh.” she blinked as she realised she was still holding onto a bottle of wine. Shrugging and (despite her raging headache) she took a swig out of it before stumbling to her feet. Wait… was she in the courtyard? Why?! What time was it? Looking up at the sky, it seemed to be mid-day. How long had she been out? And what had she been doing the night before? Well, it was obvious what but still.

It had been over a week since Hermione had started her “community service” and frankly, she was already sick of it. Granted, Viska had been kind enough to have her sleep in her room but still, being surrounded by people (nevermind people who didnt like her) was new to the Saytr, since she had always been a loner, not by choice. It was not like she was actually wanted here. She had a dept to pay off. Even though she never took anything in the first place! This made no sense! Still, she was stuck here whether she liked it or not.

"Ehhhh... Okay if sooomeone could tell meee what... what I'm- Gah!" She yelped upon suddenly bumping into something that felt both solid yet liquid at the same time, like it was a body of water, "What's g-Ah!" She felt something hit her fetlocks, causing her to fall backwards onto her back. She could only just tell that what she had tripped over was the tail of Carnicero, the big lizard she had met before. She stared upward at the sky with a groan. She looked around, her blurry vision taking almost everything in. She could just make out Faust, who thankfully had his head today. Wait... was that pizza?

Hermione tried to say something but all that came out was a series of drunken gibberish, finishing with the word "Pizza?" as she leaned up on her elbow, drinking more of the wine from the bottle she still had for some reason. Well this day was going well so far. She looked around, noticing the pie was actually on the ground. Without another thought, and regardless of its quality, she took a slice of it and started chewing on it. She didnt care much for the taste, she just wanted something in her system. She took this time to look around.

"...Why are you all spinning?"

Last edited:
Wobb Gooblesplatsh
The ultimate test... Of faith.

Wobb was joyous enough already, and the world was just as joyful, when Drui descended from on high, hugged Ellis, and complimented Wobb’s performance. He’d been complimented for once, first of all, and that was amazing. But the fact that it was HER, his patron goddess, giving even that tiny bit of praise? His cheeks caught fire and his heart soared. He then took the greatest privilege any artist had: that of bowing to his audience. Then there was some discussion with Ellis (the pizza was bad, but Wobb wasn’t worried. He ate moldy trash all the time.) and he heard someone causing a ruckus before Drui began her own performance. A soothing lullaby. A beautiful song, and those who are the bad pizza and listened started to doze off. But Wobb wouldn’t dare. To fall asleep during any performance, especially that of a goddess, was such a rude thing to do! As his affected mind continued to resist the urge to sleep, the sky grew dark, cloudy, and starry. The moon came out and it looked sleepy. He felt the urge, the magical compulsion to sleep... this was no mere lullaby. This was a test. Drui was testing his commitment to everything she stood for, an ultimate test of faith! So he held on, enjoying the melody even as it tried to tempt him to sleep. Then, when it ended and the world went back to bright, sunny, and colorful, Wobb began to clap. And he was actually clapping! He wasn’t just splashing his limbs together into a single mass, he was CLAPPING!
“That was beautiful! A soothing melody, and a test for the faithful! Truly, you are the goddess of the arts!”
he said, vigorously clapping throughout. He felt a bump from someone, and turned to see the Satyr! Oh, he wished he was her tutor. But he wasn’t a seasoned enough hero, and Viska was doing a fine job from what he heard. Still, the trope of the mischievous criminal learning the ways of heroism was a classic, and he hoped to see what would happen next. Oh, wait she wanted pizza. But wasn’t it bad pizza? Hmm.
“Pizza? Ellis thinks it’s bad. But... Ellis is bad, isn’t he? Why should we listen to him if he’s bad? Hmm... I don’t know. Goddess Drui, muse of many, is the pizza actually bad?”
said Wobb, being pretty familiar with asking the gods for guidance. Normally you reserved that sort of thing for important stuff and didn’t ask about moldy pizza, but hey, she was here, and he had passed her test, so he figured he’d earned it.

( Birdsie Birdsie Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Fable Fable LostHaven LostHaven )

Ki'Tavi

Interacting with: Veth Fable Fable
Nearby: HealerMan Alteras Alteras

The Guild was certainly lively this morning. Faust was passing out mushrooms, a certain Giant Lizard was taking a nap and occupying half the courtyard, and well.... It was lively. Kit chuckled and shook his head. He'd been awfully busy over the past nine days. He'd taken up a disciple, someone trying to follow in his footsteps to fight like he did, and between training her, taking on a few solo missions, and having just about every reporter, writer, bard, noble, and other person of interest up his ass once news of the Dungeon mission got out, he was constantly busy!

Given reports attributed the mission to a Cat Person bearing a Phantom Legion insignia, it didn't take much digging to find out Ki'Tavi was the one who took down the Death Knight Jaeyna and led the mission that saw two other Death Knights fall. After all, there were only three Cat People in the Phantom Legion, but only one was even remotely capable of taking on one of Turneval's elite. Thankfully, Kit was able to keep the names of the others mostly out of the spotlight... It wasn't that he was trying to hog the spotlight or claim all the credit. No, he was keeping the others out of the crosshairs. Turneval, Kit knew, would be gunning for those that were on that mission. There was no hope of keeping the target off his back, but at the very least, he could try and keep the others from being targeted.

He was aware, of course, that his face was plastered in every newspaper in both Albion and Espania. Overnight, he'd become something of a celebrity. Frankly, he didn't much care for all the attention, but he was able to tune it out for the most part. He did the cursory interviews, but otherwise was content to avoid the spotlight as much as he could. Whether he liked it or not, he'd become something of a symbol of hope. Frankly, he found it ironic that he, a mercenary, was now being touted as a Hero. Oh well, nothing he could do about that now...

Kit's ears perked up. Rumors were starting to circulate about an elf showing up injured and heading towards the infirmary. He altered his course, leaving the courtyard behind to make his own way to the infirmary, just before things got out of hand in the courtyard. Kit had spoken to Veth fairly often after that first drunken series of messages, but she hadn't told him anything about coming back yet. Fortunately, he had already prepared for their wager....

Still, she was supposedly injured. He wondered if she was al--

"This one was obviously engaged in a fight with one who was wielding something sharp. This one questions if you are a healer if you cannot deduce at least that."

..... She was fine.

A smirk graced Kit's features as he entered the infirmary. He arrived just in time to see the wound before the healer could treat it, causing the smirk to fade. Thankfully the healer seemed able to handle her snark. "I thought I told you to be careful?" Kit remarked, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at Veth. "I don't hear from you for a few days, then you show up unannounced, and injured... I swear you're just trying to worry me..." He lectured her as his tail swished behind him.

Truth be told, though, he was just grateful she was back....

Ellis | Fort Black, Courtyard | Prince_ Prince_ Kylesar1 Kylesar1 LostHaven LostHaven Fable Fable and of course the cops: Hanarei Hanarei Alteras Alteras

Mildly intimidated by the skull theatrics, Ellis stepped back into Drui's bosom, already used to the feeling and not dwelling on it that much. At this point, he was very well-acquainted with the concept of 'Drui hugging him from behind' so it didn't phase him that much.

When he heard Faust's offer, Ellis' bargaining style turned on. His hand practically clung to his chin as he sunk into the depth of his thoughts. Thirty gold is a lot. In any case, I can take the bribe, tell Risa, then steal the pizza in the resulting chaos to sell its components. But I'm not sure if being dishonest with Faust is a good idea and it's not like he's killing people...

The crewmate thing happened and Ellis changed his mind.

Okay, time to report this. He struck his open palm with a fist in determination.

Many heroes would step in and defeat the evil lich, however, Ellis wasn't stupid and knew their power levels were eons apart. Instead, he decided to subvert the silly anime trope and did the responsible thing that any mature adult would...

Ellis took out his Guild Seal and spoke into it, contacting the Guildmaster and Front Desk. "This is Ellis Bellathriel, we have a situation in the courtyard. A sketchy lich is giving away narcotic-infused pizza. Several people got poisoned, so a healer is required."

He decided not to burn the pizza, as it would destroy the evidence.

Annette questioned what happened and Ellis gave her a straightforward answer. "He willingly, of sound mind and disposing memory, decided that eating a slice of pizza that was stuffed with narcotics was a good idea," he nonchalantly explained. "Oh, you might want to get him to the infirmary. Shaded Parasol mushrooms aren't toxic, but there's a choking hazard."

Upon hearing Drui's information, Ellis raised a skeptical brow. "Really? Well, I won't dispute that, but maybe you'd prefer for me to go with you, or even teleport with you there to cut down travel time? I can behave, you know?" He grinned confidently if shallowly. I could use a vacation, even if short...

ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=inventory]
3558gp
Draconium Rope
White Flower (from Great Tree)
+ her normal items
[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Veth[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Infirmary, Fort Black | Interaction: Johann ( Alteras Alteras ) Ki'Tavi ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost )| Nearby/Mentioned:[/div]
Veth didn't reply to the question about a sword against a dragon and wyvern. She just wanted to be healed and be on her way. She remained still as he tended to her wounds letting the magic do what it needed to and heal it quickly. She heard him ask if her she had intended to stitch it herself. She sat up and glanced down at where the wound should have been, healthy healed skin was there as though the injury had never been there. When he asked if there were any others, she simply pointed to the minor one on her cheek, "Nothing serious, this one doubts it will even leave a scar."

She blinked as she heard a familiar voice and turned to find Ki'Tavi had come to the infirmary. She looked him over wondering if he had be injured recently as well, but he seemed perfectly healthy. She tilted her head slightly to the side as he continued to speak looking a bit serious. "This one is was not seriously injured. This one had no intention to cause worry, though why you would be worried about this one is odd."

Veth thanked the healer and got up from the bed. She approached Ki'Tavi and looked up at him, "You lost the wager. This one also noticed you were mentioned as a headline of the newspaper, seems you've been busy though this one doesn't know the contents of the article."

"This one needs to go to her quarters," she gestured slightly to her ruined clothing, clearly indicating her intent to clean herself up. "You should prepare to fulfill your part of the wager."

She moved to step past him, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye just before she stepped by him, "This one is glad you are unharmed."[/div][/div][/div]
f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Courtyard | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Wobb ( Graystone713 Graystone713 ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Courtyard Crew ( Prince_ Prince_ Kylesar1 Kylesar1 LostHaven LostHaven Rumble Fish Rumble Fish )[/div]
The satyr who had been passed out joined the grouping at the courtyard, bumping into Wobb drunkenly. Drui sighed at this mess of people. She didn't even bother to warn the girl about what the problem with the pizza was. It also seemed her magic was completely useless as Wobb seemed completely unaffected. Instead of falling asleep he just kept going. She blinked at him a bit confused as he spoke, complimenting her song and rambling about it being a test of faith.

Test of faith? She pondered for a moment and just smiled at Wobb, "Yes, and you've done well to pass it." Like hell she was going to tell him the truth about what she had been trying to do. If she was really this weak, how much time did she really have left at this rate? When he rambled about the pizza and Ellis, Drui put her hands on her hips and gave Wobb a stern look, "Ellis is not bad, the pizza is because that lich-dick over there put bad mushrooms on it."

Drui remained with Ellis as he informed the guildmaster about Faust's prank-gone-too-far. She really hoped Risa thought of something horrible as a consequence for the undead prick. When Ellis turned his attention back to her suggesting he come with her she nervously laughed. "Oh I don't doubt you can behave," she joked, "Are you certain you would want to visit the dwarves? I'm not exactly sure what to expect when I go there myself, Cyrus suggested the visit and said they were fun, so I was curious. After that dungeon I need some fun, maybe we could have some fun together." She winked when she said the word 'together' clearly hinting at something lewd.[/div][/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back