• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes: Song of Champions

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Abdival
Location - Dinning Hall

With nothing particularly interesting to do, Abdival had spent most his days in the training grounds learning to perfect his magic. Whatever pathetic quests were given to him he could do in a day, and the amount of quests people were giving him had begun to decrease. Not that he cared, the guild barely does anything, fetch quests and the occasional interesting thing here or there. The whole point of coming here was to find magic artifacts and allies. But neither were getting done and Avaline doesn't seem to have done anything noticeable enough for him to hear about it. This may have been a waste of time.
Abdival was sitting in the dinning hall eating, he was near the edge of the table in the back and no one was sitting near him. I suppose he gives off a rather intimidate vibe. Things that went on around him didn't really bother him, each day the guild was just as cheerful as the last. But it couldn't stay like this forever.
(open for interaction)

Erald Wimstanton
Somewhere

Several minutes had already passed, and Gunny was ready once more to continue with his journey. The brief moment of sitting down hadn’t done miracles for his feet, but it at least soothed the pain and made it a little easier to keep on going. With everything in check, it was time to carry on.

But then there was a sound, coming from right behind. A rustle in the bushes. Gunny quickly dived towards the log, removing his Model I that hugged his body and set it up along the bark. A snout revealed itself from the foliage. Then a sleek creature covered in ashen fur. It was a wolf, hunting for prey. Gunny waited for the beast to get closer, until it was ‘in range’. With only a few feat between them, he squeezed on the trigger. But nothing happened. The result he desired had not manifested. Perhaps the weapon had been used too much and now the firing pin was no longer able to uphold its duty. The creature growled, seemingly ready to pounce.

“E-easy now. Friendship is magic, y’know?” The hunter launched itself over the log. Gunny brought his weapon between him and his foe, catching the fiend by the jaw. Both were now on the ground, struggling against one another. Both had an intent to kill, but the wolf had the upper hand. “Shit! Shit! I need s’more time for better last words!”

(Open to interaction)

Aaron W. Windsor - The Bar - Interacting with Birdsie Birdsie - Mentioned Fable Fable

Aaron chuckled at Veth's jab at his place in the guild. "I suppose you're right. I am quite out of sorts but just you wait, smugglers are always needed somewhere. Might be you'll need me one day. Have no fear, I won't charge you too much for the first service." He said, winking again at her. The bard, after momentarily talking to the girl, sat down next to him, patting his back.

"Ey, really appreciate the support. I had some work to do, but I suppose I can put it off for later. I'll drink a few to your name. Let's be mirthful."

"Bah! Forget work and let us indulge in ourselves for the time being! To our health, may our drinks never empty and women never leave our beds." Aaron proclaimed with the bard. He took his mug and poured it down, never skipping a beat. He exhaled, pleased with the taste and pleasurable buzz he was now feeling. "Ellis was it? The name is Aaron, Aaron W. Windsor. Greatest smuggler in the world. I'm sure you've heard of me."

Xilia, Kitchen, interaction with Jason and Ka'Sha

Xilia watched Ka'Sha struggle with the interaction at hand, her starting to ramble. Well, at least she talked. Listening with a reassuring smile, Xilia kept silent and for once even suppressed to yawn. Shd didnt want to appear as if Ka'Sha would bore her.

Before the faeridar could react to the words of the saurian, however, Jason replied. He did so with a barage of questions. Xilia was pretty sure this would be too much for Ka'Sha and so, certain the saurian would soon flee the interaction anyways, she nodded her head at her. "I think Ka'Sha might want to relax a bit after her quest. I am sure, after she rested and ate, she will gladly give out every detail, but for now, let's be polite and leave her."

Turning back to the saurian, Xilia tilted her head." Unless Ka'Sha, i am mistaken? Then i would too love to hear your quests story. I just do not want to push you." The whole time, the friendly smile did not leave Xilias face.
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse lightdrago lightdrago

60350538_p0.jpg
Bianca Ensyreia
Interactions: Risa ( Hanarei Hanarei ), Viska ( Archdemon Archdemon ), Bem ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )
It went oh so quickly, there wasn't even a discussion. The guildmaster, who didn't seem to look, or even act quite well, immediately dismissed the matter and passed the burden back onto Bianca.

Now how would she react to that? She went here specifically to pass this task to Risa, after all. Before Bianca could even say a word, Risa left, hurriedly towards somewhere else. By the looks of it, one could easily assume that the guildmaster was heading to the restroom. With the paper back in her hand, Bianca sat down on the chair that Risa once was.

Sighing deeply, she placed the paper back on the table, and blankly gazed at Viska, and what would seem to be a new, and confused addition to the guild's numbers. Seeing the two made her think about a way that she could be free from the hassle of doing what a responsible guild member would.

In a few moments, an idea popped up in her head, and she immediately acted upon it without hesitation.

"Hey, Viska?", she called onto the female kobold before her, who was munching on her goodies. "Can you post this on the board?", she pushed the folded paper, containing the details on the request about Mrs.Peterson's farm. "I'll make you sushi if you do."

She took a quick glance to the strange anthropomorphic bee beside Viska. "You should come with her too.", Bianca added. "So you'd get to know the place."

Here's to hoping they'd comply.

Ellis | Great Dining Hall | Akihito Akihito LostHaven LostHaven Fable Fable One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

"Without work, I wouldn't have coin to drink, would I?" he asked rhetorically. Ellis intended to enjoy himself without worry, at least for now. He clutched his hand around the ale, then responded to Aaron's introduction. "I am Ellis Bellathriel, and when you sit with me, titles do not matter. Only how much you can hold, friend!"

Ellis hung his head back. The lump on his neck moved up and down as he defeated the entire bottle in his hand. He rested it on the table with a loud bang as, he let out a gasp of profound satisfaction, followed by a short burp and a hearty laugh. "I can do this all day! Your turn!"

Cyrus of Trostenwald | Somewhere | Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

After several minutes, Gunny would hear footsteps not far behind him. As soon as he turned around to look, he'd see the frame of a cloaked wizard. Clad in a bizarre apparel, white and gray in color with a blue hat and cloak, the mage walked forward without word, seemingly watching the plants and even ground around him, as if surprised at what he was seeing.

In his hand, there was a long staff. That, and the pointy hat suggested he was a magician clearly enough, but the beard further accentuated his clear origin. The dagger on his belt and the bag that was next to it, however, gave the image that he wasn't all-reliant on his magic.

Soon, the pointy-hatted wizard stopped, when he seemingly detected Gunny on his way. As soon as he processed what he was seeing, the wizard smiled cordially.

"Ah, a fellow traveler! Pardon me, young man, for such a bizarre question coming out of nowhere, but perhaps you know what year it is?" The mysterious magician's traveling eyes revealed that he was curious about the weapon that Gunny held, but his demeanor suggested that he wasn't bothersome enough to ask that out of the blue, which further made his question of what year it was unquestionably uncanny.

Last edited:
Erald Wimstanton
Somewhere

Man and beast were pitted against one another once more. The wolf continued to attempt to pull a streak of flesh from Gunny’s face, but he wasn’t prepared to surrender just yet. He heard footsteps coming. Perhaps, this was the only time Gunny was glad for help to arrive. It was a ancient man, boasting the fashion of a stereotypical wizard. No doubt his abilities would be useful, even if it was magic.

But then the old man asked his question. Oblivious, he seemed, to the situation that was currently going on. He couldn’t tell if this guy was retarded or plain psychotic. But an opportunity presented itself. The wolf was distracted and released its grip on his weapon. He brought it to his side and struck the best across the head with the metal stock, before pushing it away with his foot. He quickly regained his position, standing up and ready to strike back. The wolf charged once more. Luck allowed Gunny to strike it a second time with his gun, dazing it enough for him to place it in a chokehold. The creature struggled as would be expected. Gunny - wanting to finish this - grabbed his device by the strap, brought himself upwards, and dived his foot into its spine before the beast’s head was in a completely unnatural position. Dead.

After his victory, Gunny fell to the floor on all fours. He breathed heavily, as the grief battle had already sapped much of the little energy he managed to retain. “Why... why did you just... stand there, you mong?”

( Birdsie Birdsie )

Cyrus watched as Erald struggled with the creature. For the entire encounter, he hadn't moved an inch, merely nodding his head every now and then and raising a brow at some moves. Then, Gunny fell to the ground and ventilated.

When Gunny asked his question, Cyrus widened his beady eyes and leaned back a little. In response, Cyrus spoke back, albeit without fanfare or noticeable change of tone. "I was under the impression you had it under control. What if that wolf was a friend of yours? Or you were actually training with it? I'd hate to inconvenience you like that, but then again, I suppose I read the situation wrong, which is my fault, but to be fair, you could have asked me for help at any moment. " He nodded slowly, looking slightly up.

The mage stepped closer and leaned over the fallen gunman, offering him a helpful hand. "Sincere apologies, but I've spent the last centuries as a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent. Do forgive. Can I offer you some mortgage for the terrible end you have suffered?"

Last edited:
Erald Wimstanton
Somewhere

The battle took a lot out of Gunny, and being depleted of so much energy made it difficult to get away from this creep. His offered hand was only slapped away. Gunny brought his device closer towards his person, he ejected part of the metal frame from the side before yanking out a thin metal cylinder, clearly worn away from constant use. It had almost cost him his life. “I’ll melt you little piece of shit down later, y’hear?” He mumbled beneath his breath as he stowed it away in his satchel before taking out a more pristine dulplicate and fitting it inside his weapon. With a few twists of a couple screws, the gun appeared no more different than it had minutes before.

The wizard was still there. Apparently he though it was best to remain, even as it was made clear that his presence was unappreciated. “Mortgage, you said?” Gunny remembered he was absolutely shit-faced with no idea of where he was. He was so dirt poor that all he had to guide him was a set of directions provided by the locals. “Don’t suppose... y’know where the Guild Hall of the Guild of Heroes would be?”

( Birdsie Birdsie )

Cyrus didn't say or do anything when Gunny threatened him. He did not grin or frown, flinch, move an eyebrow, or even blink. He only heard the threat wordlessly, but he seemed to be slightly disappointed at having his hand knocked away.

Then Erald asked him for directions to a place that Cyrus knew all too well. A tender smile slowly emerged on the wizard's face. Gunny was left without a response for several seconds, as Cyrus only stared at him with the smile. Then, he broke the silence as he began to nod: "Of course.... I've built it, after all."

He let that sink in, Cyrus' smile not fading for even a moment. As another two or three long seconds passed, Cyrus spoke again, formally introducing himself. "Cyrus of Trostenwald. The pleasure is all mine."

Risa_Banner.jpg
Interacting with
Maeda Sea Jay Sea Jay
Risa stormed her way through keeping up as neutral of a lok as she could despite being about to go any second. It was far from a graceful move leaving Bianca in charge of putting a notice up for a mission but hopefully it would get done and served as a good enough distraction so she could escape from her misery before everyone bore witness to it. The last thing she wanted was to get sick in front of everyone else. It was far from the show she wanted to put on for the guild. She had to play the part of a Guild Master properly, at least try to. I really need to stop drinking... or at least not drink so damn much. Why do I always give into feeling I have to compete to drink the most. it is so idiotic of me. My body is no where near the size capable of absorbing a large degree of liqueur no matter how much I think I can push myself to go further.

The door swuing open for the women's washroom as Risa had hoped to enter it when it was empty. Unfortunately for her, her eyes darted to Maeda. A minatour who was part of the guild, though she had to admit it had been a while since she had seen her. She couldn't recall any mentioning about her departing or vanishing at all for the time she was gone. It was something that nagged at her mind but the churning stomach of hers forced those thoughts to be put on hold. She waved her hand as if a way of sternly telling her to wait before venturing into the makeshift stall. No matter how much she tried to put off a tough front it came out rather unpleasantly, the sounds likely quite clear to Mae if she had the remotest idea of what vomitting sounded like. It went on for what seemed to be minutes. The stall door swung upon as Risa ventured out, a rather stern look on her face as if playing up her visit to the stall had never happened, seeming now to notice the just how wet the floor was.

"You, Maeda, where have you been? You vanished some time ago without a single word. The guild isn't for restricting what our members do, however vanishing without a word is a rather unsavory act to engage in. We ask for members to at the very least state a general reason for absence so we can know that you are alright and nothing might have befallen our valuable guild members." She spoke quite like a business woman in her tone, or perhaps some might simply consider it to be an over protective mother scolding their child when they wandered away from her and left her to worry. Either way, at the very least she was feeling much better, her head still aching though at the very least she got what was left in her system out.

Erald Wimstanton
Somewhere

Perhaps this man wasn’t such a nutter after all. Gunny brought his gun to his back, ready once more to continue his journey. “Well, that’s some dandy news.” He flashed a smuggish grin, as if he had achieved yet another victory. “So, you’re magic right? So how do we get there? You got a magic broom we hop on? Perhaps a giant eagle? Maybe it’ll be the easy way and you’ll just teleport us to the front door?” Though these inquisitions were quite extreme - even for a man affiliated with the mystical arts - he couldn’t help but hold out some hope that his feet wouldn’t have to do anymore walking.

( Birdsie Birdsie )

Auriel's Banner.png

Auriel -- Dining Hall -- Interacting with Birdsie Birdsie , Akihito Akihito

Auriel briefly witnessed the exhange between Aaron, a smuggler of sorts, and Ellis, a bard. Before Auriel knew it, they started having a drinking competition. Auriel thought to herself silently- it looked like fun. She remained quiet as the men introduced each other, hesitating whether she should join in. She wasn't sure what to say, but drinking was fun. Finally, she opened her mouth to speak: "My name's Auriel, I'm a Dark Knight." She whispered, barely audible. She watched Ellis down a whole bottle of ale, and quickly drank her own mug. Signalling to the barmaid again, she asked for an entire bottle of ale.

As Ellis slammed his empty bottle on the table, Auriel raised her right hand and opened her own. Then, tilting her head backwards, her lips made contact with the tip of the bottle, and the ale inside began draining at an alarming rate. Within seven seconds, two whole litres of ale had been completely emptied. Content, Auriel slammed her own empty bottle on the table, gazing over at Aaron, then giving Ellis a quick look. "I win." She declared loudly, her tone completely changed, contrary to her quiet whisper earlier.

"Oh, young man, you will find that I am a skillful conjurer! Name a means of travel and you may have it," the wizard heartily answered, his voice almost chirping. He gestured as he gave examples of their possibilities, "By chariot? By steed? Perhaps you'd rather fly? Or if you're in a hurry, we may surely teleport, so long as the magic circle is active. I'd hate to teleport without one. Doing so can have disastrous consequences. As a young boy, I wanted to go home, but instead, I ended up in a brothel. Do imagine the ruckus that followed, and let that picture serve as a reminder."

A second went by, and Cyrus seemed almost melancholic as he thought more exponentially on the memory he recalled. Then, he seemed to remember that Gunny was in front of him. "So, what will it be?" he asked ultimately, returning to his jovial smile from before.

Ellis | Great Dining Hall | Akihito Akihito LostHaven LostHaven Fable Fable One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Shellshocked, Ellis watched her down two liters of ale in one go. His mouth hung ajar, as he recollected his thoughts and nodded with furrowed lips, blinking frequently as he applauded the dark knight for her feat, "Alright, not gonna lie... That.... was impressive."

Not having much more to say, he allowed himself another sip of a Trost. The sharp heat of alcohol warmed his throat. He exhaled with satisfaction and relaxed the flask on the table, keeping his hand on it. He turned to Aaron. "Not teasing you, but wonder if you can outdo us both?"

[div class=fyurifauxtabs]Veth | Great Dining Hall | One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost LostHaven LostHaven | Mentions Akihito Akihito Birdsie Birdsie [/div]
[div class=img]
LxiwvEQ.png
[/div]"They're probably referring to me when they say that, since I'm the only Cat Person in the Phantom Legion last I checked, but I don't have fleas!"

Veth didn't say anything more, but there were a few other choice things those in her company referred to him as. They'd informed her that he was her rival, though she had asked why in Ki'Tavi's case why he was singled out, they simply said there were various reasons. Most disliked him in the Silent Order and they never actually used his name, it was also some insult of some kind. She'd only been told what he looked like, which was "cat ears, cat tail, cocky attitude with an annoying smirk that makes you want to hit him."

As he spoke on the rumors that he had heard about her, she didn't think much of them really. She honestly didn't care for what was said about her, she was simply curious as how her rival company regarded her. It didn't seem to be anything offensive. She wasn't sure what this whole rivalry thing was, but they had made it clear she was to beat him in any mission possible should she encounter him. However, she wouldn't impede in any guild missions, as those were two separate entities. The guild didn't make them rivals, their mercenary groups did, so they could be cordial to each other here in neutral ground.

"It does not appear that you are pest ridden based on your current appearance, though it seems to be a common thing to insult one's rival. I am not fond of the tradition, so I shall propose that while we remain within guild territory and on guild missions, we respect each other. However, when it comes to company jobs and duty, I will not hesitate to engage against you if I must." She looked over towards the duo again who were merrily drinking. She felt a bit jealous of those able to so easily make friendships. It was something she always struggled with, even back in her homeland she found it difficult.

She frowned the tiniest amount as the man - Aaron - toasted with a comment about women never leaving their beds. He truly was single-minded. She glanced over at Ki'Tavi before nodding in their direction, "Care to make a wager on who submits first to their drinking game? I believe the bard will fail to keep up with the smuggler; twenty gold pieces." She looked towards the woman who was sitting at their table, "Do you wish to join the bet as well? Perhaps not as you are joining in their game." The woman chugged down the alcohol beverage, impressing the bard, prompting him to try and meet her challenge.

Veth reached into her leather pouch and placed it on the table for Ki'Tavi to see. "Do we have a bet?"
[class=fyurifauxtabs] width:100%; text-align:center; background:none; box-shadow: 0 1px 2px rgba(34, 25, 25, 0.4); border-bottom:1px solid #fff; [/class] [class=img] float:left; max-width:400px; pointer-events:none; [/class]

Maeda Zu-Kanen
shammiecutewm_by_cunningfox-d82u4if.png

Current Activity-Speaking with Risa Location-Washroom Mentions- Hanarei Hanarei

The minotaur turned around slowly, glancing left and then right before looking down to see a familiar face. A familiar face that wasn't particularly pleased. Her snout twitched for a moment as she processed the woman's words, her face slowly easing into a sheepish grin. "Ah... Well... Maeda got notice of wedding last minute, got dragged into some stuff." She scrubbed at a speck of blood on her arm that she'd missed, her tail lashing out of frustration and just a hint of anxiety.
"Meant to tell someone, may have forgotten." She glanced around, trying to figure out a way to change the subject. "Drink too much?" She leaned over and picked up the sack on the floor and straightened back up, idly toying with the rope that bound it. If this went the way she wanted it to, she'd avoid being further reprimanded for her slip up... And to avoid explaining why she had gone to a wedding in the first place.

Her eyes wandered anxiously under her fluffy bangs, she probably needed to trim them again but that was a hassle, all that fur and trying to hold scissors, and then you have to clean it up. As her mind focused back on the present, she couldn't help but wonder what she'd do if she actually got into any trouble with the guild... Nah, that wouldn't happen. Still, she should probably start paying more attention.

Ki'Tavi

"It does not appear that you are pest ridden based on your current appearance, though it seems to be a common thing to insult one's rival. I am not fond of the tradition, so I shall propose that while we remain within guild territory and on guild missions, we respect each other. However, when it comes to company jobs and duty, I will not hesitate to engage against you if I must."

Kit didn't bother trying to hide his grin at what she said. "It appears we're alike in mindset. Should we cross paths against each other, please don't think poorly of me if I enjoy the fight" Kit commented with a playful gleam in his eyes. Yes, this elf woman was every bit as entertaining as the rumors had led him to believe. When she dropped the satchel of coins on the table, his ears perked up as he looked from the bag to the two dueling drunkards. His tail swished thoughtfully behind him as he contemplated the wager before reaching into his shirt and producing a similarly sized satchel to set next to hers.

"You've got yourself a bet! I say the bard will outlast the smuggler." He declared. In truth, he wasn't entirely sure of the wager himself, but it was often fortuitous to wager on the underdogs. They had a knack for surprising people, after all.

As they were both in the mercenary line of work, and because of the nature of their present wager, it seemed only appropriate for Ki'Tavi to procure a drink for the two of them. Even if they had no intention to drink as much as the two constipated compatriots, it couldn't hurt to enjoy a drink while they enjoyed the entertainment. Setting a drink before her, he raised his own. "Cheers, love" he flashed her a playful smile as he took a hearty swig of the elixir that warmed his body as it went.

"Now, we just get to see how long it takes for one of them to hit the floor"
He remarked with a playful grin.

Interacting with: Fable Fable
Mentions: Birdsie Birdsie Akihito Akihito

Viska
Action: Mission For Sushi!

Viska had another new visitor! Wow she never realized how popular she was, guess everyone in the guild likes her! Viska didn't recognize her though, but then again Viska has only been there for like a year so she didn't know everyone yet.

"She's fine! I was like that too when I joined, well more so when I arrived topside. Also Hi! I'm Viska nice to meet you!"

Viska then turned towards Bianca, who now had a task for her, Yay! Viska beamed as she stared at the piece of paper, and looked at Bianca. She wanted Viska to post this on the mission board, and in return she would make her Sushi. Viska jumped up out of her seat, and walked around the table so that she could actually grab the piece of paper. She nodded that she would do the task for sushi, because sushi was amazing to Viska, so exotic.

She then turned to the bee girl and you could she her rather large tail was swishing back and forth. She wanted the bee person to join her! And then she turned to the half dragon as well.

"Join me silly gooses! Together we shall get Sushi! Please?"

Reinhardt Reinhardt Noble Scion Noble Scion Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Shun Kantar- Location: Dining Hall (Behind the Bar/ Acting Bartender)
Shun Kantar.jpg

The aroma of delicacies and exotic dishes wafted throughout the kitchen as some of the staff paused to watch in awe at the sight before them. Shun had begun prepping the meal of the day, adding spices and sauces to the pan of rice and vegetables, each ingredient added with exact precision and measurement. Each member of the staff felt their mouth water at enticing image of culinary excellence before them as Shun shifted between pans on the stove and mixing the alcoholic beverages that the heroes drank, all while maintaining his composure. It was near divine the way Shun moved from one task to another, creating masterpieces for the heroes to eat and drink. It was a visage that left even the most experienced of chefs stunned.

Of course the moment was ruined when Shun turned around to see his kitchen staff staring at him with gaping mouths and idle hands. Shun felt his rage boil to its peak as he glared at his staff, "The hell are you idiot's doing! I can't make all this food and drinks by myself! Get to work you bastards, those jackasses are tearing through their meals and some of them have started a drinking contest! Now if you don't want your asses to be on the opposite end of my foot, I suggest you start moving...NOW!"

The staff scattered back to their work stations, moving at a faster pace than before, afraid of the repercussions they might face if they angered the hero who part timed as head chef. Shun exhaled a sigh of frustration, before turning back to his own part of the kitchen. Putting on the finishing touches on some strawberry cakes he had made, Shun brushed his hands against his apron in satisfaction, admiring his handiwork. Shun's smile almost split his face as he began cleaning off his counter, happy to both feed and be a part of these heroes. It's hard to think that the man currently humming a happy tune to himself is a demonic powerhouse originating from a well known crime family, considering Shun was now slightly dancing as he cleaned his work space.

Completing his task, Shun untied his apron and made his way out of the kitchen and over the bar, waving to a few of the patrons in the Dining Hall. Hopping over the counter, Shun assumed his position as bartender and began cleaning glasses, waiting on the next order while listening to some of the heroes problems.

(Open for Interaction)

Risa_Banner.jpg
Interacting with
Maeda Sea Jay Sea Jay
(Open for interaction)
Risa looked towards Maeda, keeping her rather blank neutral expression on her face. When she could actually focus she could be extremely hard to read. Her eyes gazed upon the minotaur seeing the blood she had passed though not making a large gesture to show she recognized it. Mae's own reaction it only revealed she was likely more then aware how obvious it was. She could tell her reaction she wasn't exactly at peace. Her change of topics made it quite clear it was likely a response due to Risa herself. She lifted her hand up not quite yet to let Mae go.

"Finish cleaning yourself up and head out to see some of your guildies who likely worried about you. Don't you dare just vanish again like that. If you do it again I might just kick you from the guild so we don't all have to go worrying about you being gone without a word ever again." She spoke as if a threat. Truthfully Risa really had no intention of kicking Mae. It was her way of giving a mild threat to her. She might come off cold and heartless at times but she was very forgiving of peoples mistakes.... not that she would nessisarily allow them to get away with it scott free. She had ways of punishing them to make them regret it. Truthfully it was something she was debating to use on Mae.

"Oh, and watch your tongue asking me about what I do, a person is allowed to feel sick in the morning for, reasons unrelated to drinking." She spoke with a bit less of a stern tone behind it as she walked out from the washroom door. Of coarse she had to try and cover up the fact she had drank too much. She was far too stubborn to ever admit such a thing. She headed forward back to the Dining room hall feeling much better. A much more mild headache was something she could more easily hide and deal with.

Ka’sha Stonejaw
Kitchen

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof lightdrago lightdrago

Oh, uh, that’s nice.” She said to Jason, though she can’t help but feel uncomfortable with the way he said rewarding. It sounded, not nice for some reason she can’t put a name to. Still Ka’sha just shook off that thought, after all it wasn’t nice to assume things about people just because of the things they do or they way they talk. Before she could say more though, Jason suddenly bombarded her with questions about her own mission, and she honestly felt overwhelmed. She wasn’t used to speaking with others, much less being asked this many questions. After all, not many would take the initiative to talk to her, indimitidating as she is.

Thankfully though Xilia managed to give her an out, saying that Ka’sha might be tired and stuff. Ka’sha was about to use just that excuse, but she remembered something Mr. Cromwell, her former employer and her Master’s friend, had said. That Ka’sha would need better social skills if sh wants to continue searching for her Master. So, with a deep breath, Ka’sha decided to interact with the two for even a little while longer.

I-It’s fine Xilia, um, I’m not really tired or anything.” She said to the woman, offering an awkward half smile that looked more like a grimace. “T-The boars were probably mates since, um, the other one was smaller and didn’t have tusks. I-It wasn’t that hard, the boars were quick and they hit hard, but Heavy Wind here is more than enough to handle them.” She said, patting the massive sword strapped across her back. “I-I just had to knock them over, then, I uh, I just stabbed their bellies. They probably tasted good, the other one did at least, so this one is good too, hopefully. A-And I don’t think I’ll receive much gold, they’re just animals after all.” She said, her voice stuttering and often stopping her words as if thinking for better ones.

Um, what about your mission? How was it?” She asked Jason. “W-What about you Xilia? Did you, um, do any missions lately?” She said as she turned towards the other girl. Bim, the Gryphon on her head, shot forward to snatch the apple in Jason’s hand. Ka’sha barely managed to catch him in midair, though the Gryphon didn’t seem to even care as it happily muched on its snack.

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
Dining at the bar.

Wobb had almost given in. He was trying to eat something that had glued itself to the bottom of a trash barrel, for goodness sakes! He couldn't tell what it was, save that it was a bit moldy! He was about to fall into the deepest pit of despair... When there was a flurry of action, and things getting dumped in on top of him. The cooks were preparing a meal! And they were dumping scraps on top of him! oh joyous day, he was getting the fresh stuff! Veggie stems, fish shells, fish bones, pepper seeds! So long as none of the chefs noticed him, he'd feast like a-
"Ghat DAMMIT! THE SLIME BOY GOT INTO THE TRASH AGAIN! Git outta there! GIT!"
Okay, so much for that. Wobb went as quick as he could back out to the front end of the dining area, unable to dodge the various insults thrown at him, because by now the cooks knew better than to throw their actual cooking implements at him. But... Well, he could get a free meal at the bar. Right? Well, he'd try, at the very least. So he slithered around to it, got onto a seat, and looked at the bartender. He seemed familiar. Wobb knew he wasn't allowed to have the 'hard stuff' as everyone called it, but he couldn't recall why. Not that it mattered. He DID remember it tasting terrible, despite giving him a funny feeling... Hm. Whatever.
"Heyo, Bawman. Whazza speshal today?"
He said, hoping that today's special was good. And free for low-level members. Wobb didn't really have a lot of money yet... He had a little. But it was pocket change, really.

(Interactions: YungJazz YungJazz )

Last edited:
Asterin Blackblood
7bfe9a10ec341b1df68a023a8e4890dd.jpg

Asterin was to say, the least pleased when a messenger arrived at Castle Black to say she’d been summoned by her grandmother, the High Witch. It was never anything pleasant, especially if her grandmother had to ask for her. So she hoped on Braxon, and they took off towards the Sarafan Mountains, where the Blackblood Witch clan was currently residing for the time being, though a bit cramped, considering the terrain. Braxon flew in, much smaller then the other Wyverns, yet covered in scars from past battles, and he somehow still remained a stupid, useless, flower-loving worm. And yet, she’d gut anyone who dare lay a finger on him. And everybody knew it. He landed nimbly, his white scales alarmingly different from the other wyverns, for he was solid, and purely only white. When she arrived, her Second Command and Third Command were quick to tail behind her, instantly ready to defend and protect her, and guided her towards the mess hall, or the rather massive tent that acted as one.

I am Heir. She said it to herself, silently, as she and Cassandra, half of the fiercest warriors, that’d she’d in fact trained and trained with herself trailing behind them, her own group of eleven ferocious warriors. The Eleven. The fiercest of the Blackbloods, for that matter, of all the clans. And she was their leader. She approached the mess hall tent, wondering what purpose she had for being brought here.

The other half of the Eleven were already there, scouting ahead for any possible threat or trap. Now that she was gaining a more deadly title, fulfilling contracts of the Heros Guild, specifically killing humans, she was getting more powerful and deadly, and others would be even more vicious—to put her down and claim her position as Heir.

The crowd was merry, chromium teeth glinting all around and ale—real, fresh ale stolen from caravans or any other traders far off from here most likely—sloshing in mugs. Asterin had one shoved into her hand, and Cassandra, her Second Command, yanked it away, drank a mouthful, and waited a moment before she gave it back.
“They’re not above poisoning you,” Cassandra said, winking with a grin, a wildness in her green eyes, unnatural for a Blackblood, and a pity she hadn’t been gifted with the gold-flecked eyes of one. If it wasn’t for Cassandra’s bravery and loyalty, she wouldn’t be her Second Command for this physical characteristic at all. They made their way to the front of the massive tent where the three High Witches were waiting.

She hid her smile as the crowd parted, letting her through. She had no idea this was more then a celebration for her increasing feared popularity.

The three High Witches were seated in makeshift thrones, ornate chairs they’d found or stolen. The Redbeak High Witch smiled as Asterin pressed two fingers to her brow. The Yellowfang Witch, on the other end, did nothing. But her grandmother, seated in the center, smiled faintly.

A sickly sweet smile. Like a snake.

“Welcome, Heir of Blackblood clan,” her grandmother said, and a cry went up from the witches, except for the Eleven, who stayed cool and quiet. They did not need to cheer, for they were immortal and infinite and gloriously, wonderfully deadly.

“What gift can we give you, what crown can we bestow, to honor what you shall do for us?” her grandmother mused. “You have fine blades, a fearsome coven”—the Eleven all allowed a hint of a smirk—“what else could we give you that you do not possess?”

Asterin bowed her head. “There is nothing I wish for, save the honor which you have already given me.”

Her grandmother laughed. “What about a new cloak?”

Asterin straightened. She could not refuse, but . . . this was her cloak, it had always been, she’d taken it from an Eleven girl she’d been forced to kill. Her very first kill, Pristal. She’d been raised that elves were evil, and should be slain on sight.

“That one is looking rather shabby,” her grandmother, Blackblood’s High Witch, went on, waving her hand to someone in the crowd. “So here is our gift to you, Heir: a replacement.”

The crowd of witches gasped in hunger an anticipation as a blonde-haired, shackled elf was hauled forward by three Yellowfang cronies and forced to her knees before Asterin.

If her broken face, shattered fingers, lacerations, and burns did not give away what she was, then the bloodred cloak she wore did, for some reason, it seemed to be popular with some elves.

The Eleven girl , her eyes the solid color of pine, looked up at Asterin. How those eyes were so bright despite the horrors written on her body, how she didn’t collapse right there or start begging, Asterin didn’t know.

“A gift,” said her grandmother, extending an chromium-tipped hand toward the elf. “Worthy of my granddaughter. End her life and take your new cloak.”

Asterin recognized the challenge. Her grandmother was making sure she hadn’t turned soft in her past five years with the mortals from the Guild. Wanted to make sure she was still as feared as the stories said. Yet she drew a dagger that’d been strapped to her side, and Cassandra stepped in close with eyes fixiated on the elf.

For a moment, Asterin stared down at the elf, her mortal enemy. The elves had once fought with the witches centuries ago, for reasons her grandmother claimed she didn’t know, and many witches died, and many more elves did was well, making the witches even more feared, made them eternal exiles. They deserved to die, each and every one of them.

But it was not her voice that said those things in her head. No, for some reason, it was her grandmother’s.

“At your leisure, Asterin,” her grandmother cooed.

Choking, her lips cracked and bleeding, the elf looked up at Asterin and chuckled. “Asterin Blackblood” she whispered in what might have been a drawl had her teeth not been broken, her throat ringed with bruises. “I know you.”

“Kill the bitch!” a witch shouted from the back of the tent.

Asterin looked into her enemy’s face and raised her brows in curiosity at what this pathetic being had to say.

“You know what we call you?” Blood welled as the elf’s lips peeled into a smile. She closed her eyes as if savoring it. “We call you the White Demon. You’re on our list—the list of all you monsters to kill on sight if we ever run into you. And you . . .” She opened her eyes and grinned, defiant, furious. “You are at the top of that list. For all that you have done.”
It’s an honor,” Asterin said to the elf, smiling enough to show her glinting chromium teeth.

“Cut out her tongue!” Another witch called out.

“End her,” Cassandra hissed, eyeing the elf with such hatred, it was of her hatred for elves had been burned into her soul.

Asterin flipped the dagger, angling it to sink into the elf’s heart.

The elf laughed, but it turned into a cough that had her heaving until blood splattered on the floor, until tears were leaking from her eyes and Asterin caught a glimpse of the deep, infected wounds on her chest. When she lifted her head, blood staining the corners of her mouth, she smiled again. “Look all you want, what they did to me, your sisters. How it must kill them to know they never could break me. Break us.”

Asterin stared down at her, at her ruined, rutted body. Even if she didn’t kill her now, the elf wouldn’t make it past two days at the most.

“Do you know what this is, Asterin?” the elf said. “Because I do. I heard them say what you did when you found you’re Wyvern.”

Asterin wasn’t sure why she was letting the elf talk, but she couldn’t have moved if she wanted to. She felt suddenly captivated, willed to hear these words.

“This,” the elf said loudly for all to hear, “is a reminder. My death, my murder at your hands, is a reminder. Not to them,” she breathed, pinning Asterin with that pine stare. “But to you. A reminder of what they made you to be. They made you this way.
“You want to know the grand elven secret?” she went on. “Our great truth that we keep from you, that we guard with our lives? It is not where we hide, the rest of us who remembers why we fought you, even if the rest of the Eleven kingdom doesn’t. No, our great secret is that we pity you.”

No one was speaking now. The room was completely silent. Even the wind seemed to stop from outside.

But the elf did not break Asterin’s stare, and Asterin did not lower her dagger, finding herself pinned.

“We pity you, each and every one of you. For what you do to your children. They are not born evil. But you force them to kill and hurt and hate until there is nothing left inside of them, of you. That is why you are here tonight, Asterin. Because of the threat you pose to that monster you call grandmother. The threat you posed when you chose mercy and nearly faced death at the hands of you’re grandmother for a Wyvern. ” She gasped for breath, and she bared her teeth. “They have made you into monsters. Made, Asterin. And we feel sorry for you.”

“Enough,” the her grandmother said from behind. But the whole room was silent, and Asterin slowly raised her eyes to her grandmother’s, wondering, contemplating, and challenging.

In them, Asterin beheld a promise of the violence and pain that would come if she disobeyed. Beyond that, there gleamed nothing but satisfaction. As if the elf had spoken true, but only the Blackblood High Witch, knew she had done so. And something deep down inside her made her wonder.

There was a fire in her pine eyes that burned with tears of pain and misery. “Do it,” the elf whispered. Asterin understood that it was not a challenge, but a plea.

Asterin angled her dagger again, flipping it in her palm. She did not look at the elf, or her grandmother, or anyone as she gripped the witch by her blonde hair and yanked back her head.

And slid the knife across her neck.
————————————————-
Legs dangling around the saddle on Braxton’s nimble body, his steady rhythm as he soared for Castle Black allowing her to lie on her back and stare up at the dark sky flecked with stars. She’d had no choice but to take the elf’s cloak, to dump her old one atop the body once it fell, once the witches gathered around to rip her apart, and she wove it back with her armor like she’d done with her old one.

“They have made you into monsters.”

Asterin looked at her wyvern, the tip of his tail waving like a cat’s as he soared gracefully through the night, moonlight reflecting off his moon-white scales. No one had noticed when she left the celebration. Even Cassandra was drunk on the elf’s blood, and had lost sight of Asterin slipping through the crowd. She’d told her Third she was returning to Castle Black. And that was it.

Elves were just liars and insufferably passionate and mortal-like. The elf had probably enjoyed giving her little speech—making some grand last stand. We feel sorry for you. Pah. They most likely envied them.

Asterin rubbed at her burnt gold eyes and flipped into her stomach, staring at the dark terrain below rushing by her, hardly able to make out details of the land.

She would have dismissed her, wouldn’t have thought twice about it, if it hadn’t been for that look in that mortals life as she slain her husband in front of her a week ago, on a desolate farm. Or for the time Braxon, once taking a large boulder in the wing for her. Something that would’ve crushed her no doubt, if he hadn’t saved her.

The wyverns were meant to kill and maim and strike terror into the hearts of their enemies. And yet . . .

Asterin looked back toward the star-flecked horizon, leaning her face into a warm spring breeze, grateful for the steady, solid companion flying behind her. A strange feeling, that gratitude for his existence.

Then there was that other strange feeling that pushed and pulled at her, making her replay the scene in the mess hall again and again.

She had never known regret—not true regret, anyway.

But she regretted not knowing the elves name. She regretted not knowing who the new cloak on her shoulders had belonged to, where she had come from, how she had lived. Somehow, even in all the years she’d lived...

Somehow, that regret made her feel incredibly, heavily mortal.

Asterin awoke to hard, and rather painful thump as she hit the ground, her body rolling off of Braxons large, heavily-breathing sleeping body, whom had rolled over on his side, knocking her to the forest floor. He had landed in a large clearing of the forest, just a little ways from the entrance to Castle Black. Her body ached entirely as she sat up, rubbing her gold eyes that burned with exhaustion, and irritation.

Indeed, anybody to wander into Asterin’s path today, would most likely be one of the most unfortunate mortals in existence. Hugging as she stood up, swiping the grass and twigs from her white braided hair and armor, and muttering at her useless Wyvern, who was still sound asleep, Asterin headed for Castle Black.

She was one of the most scariest people in the Guild, without a doubt, and most likely the most ruthless with her disregard for all mortal life, despite this, she still proved to be valuable when it came to tracking people down. And making a rather...gory mess of things. It was Asterin’s favorite part of it all, the bleeding and slaying of men, and not one person in the Guild didn’t know it.

(Open for interaction)

Faust Banner.png

Faust Windfallow -- Dining Hall -- Interacting with Hanarei Hanarei

His full attention focused on the table, Faust moved his finger across the surface of the table, giving the finishing touches to his artwork. The arcane energy at his fingertips dissipated, as several wisps of smoke rose from the table and finally disappeared into the air. Raising his hand away from the table, Faust stood up to admire his handiwork. "Well shit. She's going to kill me later." He assured himself. Etched into the surface of the table, was an extremely simplified illustration of a woman's face. She had a menacing glare of sorts, and short hair. Oh hell, it was the guildmaster. It was extremely simplified, but if one were to look hard enough, they'd definitely realise it was meant to be Risa. Underneath the illustration were the words- 'eat your vegetables.' Why such an inspirational quote? Even Faust didn't know, he just wrote the first thing that came to mind.

"Wait, I was going to complain to her, why the fuck am I trying to make her mad?" He suddenly asked himself, unable to even give himself some adequate answer. "Oh well, let's just hope it takes her a while to find out." Of course, Faust knew it wouldn't take long. Sighing to himself, he pulled out of his seat, looking around for something else to do. Then, he saw it- the perfect opportunity. The guildmaster was just walking out of the washroom, looking a little less dreadful than earlier. At that moment in time, she wasn't occupied with anything, and Faust decided it was now or never- anyhow, he'd get murdered later.

Chuckling to himself after coming to the realisation that the line above rhymed, Faust approached Risa, while thinking up of a greeting. "Hey, Fancy-eyes. Good evening." He called ou-- hang on, it's morning. Was that really the most appropriate greeting he could come up with? Faust decided it was. "I see you've been drinking. You were looking absolutely dreadful earlier. Alcohol damages your health, you know that right?" He asked, half teasing. "Look, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the conditions regarding me, but I've been itching to complain for a while." Of course, that was the cue that a relentless assault of blasphemy was about to be spouted out from under that mask. "I've been holed up in that vault, and in Fort Black in extension, to the point it's tempting to cut a child open for fun." He declared, clearly joking. "I get that I don't have mortal needs like sleep, don't need to go to the bathroom, and won't waste time with romantic relationships due to a lack of interest and the inability to fuck." Pretending to clear his throat, Faust continued to sum up the point of his ranting. "What I'm trying to say is, I want a break. Give me a week's break or something, I'm immune to mind-control, but not going insane of boredom."

"Wow. Nice job idiot, you just blew any chance of a yes." He thought to himself, even though he had probably blown his chance ages ago. "Or at least," he sighed, "let me leave the fort once in a while. I blow stuff up even less frequently than the recruits, it feels like detention that lasts eternally."

Last edited:
Erald Wimstanton
Somewhere

Gunny was provided with a diverse array of choices to select. Though he wondered what sought of experience riding on a magical bird would bring, he was far too tired to enjoy such a thing. He simply wanted to get the day over and done with before there were anymore undesired surprises. “Alright, magic man. I’d rather do it the easy way and just teleport straight to whether this Hall is.” After delivering his answer, Gunny stood at the ready in preparation for the magic trick that was about to happen.

( Birdsie Birdsie )​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back