• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings a grim reapers eclectic search

griim

edgebaby
hey, grim here.

another attempt at constructing a reusable thread for my ever-changing interests. we're back to the simple format considering code is often unreliable for mobile users and i understand this to be quite hindering, so here we are. now, before i smother you with all my interests and plots, i'll start off with revealing a little bit about myself. i'm twenty-four, roleplaying for almost twelve years on and off (to which i've written practically the entire time). i enjoy dark, adult themes and am looking for someone who shares a similar interest in the deeper aspect of human behavior. i favor romance above all else, so anything we do must have it (don't worry, i'm not one of those that need to have it as the entire plot and focus, but i'm just not interested in anything platonic). my availability can fluctuate, but i'd like to think that i'm pretty active. as for writing level, i'm advanced to semi-advanced lit. i don't like to write anything under three or four paragraphs, so i ask that my partner is the same way. my preferred gender pairing is mxf, along with anything nonbinary (we can discuss more about that personally!) and as for mxf, i'd like for my character to be the female. i'm willing to selectively double with a few people as i've been desiring for a chance to get back into it as i do genuinely enjoy honing my male writing skills but as aforementioned, this is not something i will agree to on a normal basis.

moving on to rules!

writing length: i would like my partner to be able to write at least three paragraphs or more. i'm all for quality over quantity, but it's hard to see "quality" when you're giving me either a one-liner or just a single paragraph. it's also rather hard to be inspired to respond, especially if it's in return to let's say my five-paragraph response. piggy-backing onto this, please be at least semi-advanced lit! or have a good understanding of grammar, everyone makes common mistakes (there are probably a few in my own thread haha), but if it's hard to understand what you're writing i will not bother trying to respond. ooc is different.
writing perspectives: i will only roleplay in third person, this isn't negotiable.
other roleplaying forums: the only other sites that i'll roleplay on are either email or google docs. please don't suggest discord, because it's a straight no.
doubling: (special cases)

and here we are, finally, to plots!

flowers from the storm: muse a's marriage to the dashing american shipping magnate, muse b, signals the beginning of a wonderful new life for her. forced to flee england due to a lie blemishing her father's knightly name and losing not only her father, but her mother on the voyage over because of treachery and trickery, muse a is almost run over by a stray carriage when she is saved by muse b. upon this meeting, it is love at first sight (although neither truly admit it) and then her "long lost uncle" comes into the picture, selling her off in marriage without her consent or knowing. once this is revealed, with rifles and a lot of tussling, muse b decides to marry her not only to save her from the clutches of her supposed kin, but his own inability to let her belong to anyone else. in the loving shelter of her husband's embrace, the pain of loss is diminished, as is muse a's anger over her family's tragic and undeserved disgrace. but try as she might, she cannot close her ears to the cruel accusations and whispered rumors about her new spouse that buzz around her head like bees when a young girl claims to sire his child - an act he has no recollection of. yet, muse b knows he is innocent --- though he is unaware of the conspiracy that has shrouded his marriage in secrets and now imperils it with lies. and he will oppose the treachery with every fiber of his being in order to preserve his threatened happiness --- to win back the trust of the woman he cherishes... and secure his place forever in his beloved muse a's heart.

the elusive flame: muse a has been left destitute and in dire need following the death of her doting patron and protectress. a brilliant young artist tossed from her home with only the clothes on her back, muse a must now turn to a childhood companion for assistance --- the dashing sea captain muse b --- and beg him to provide her with passage to the carolinas. she seeks a new home and a new life across the waters in the home of her uncle, a local schoolteacher, but all depends upon the kindness of a charming adventurer who was once the object of her youthful infatuation. beneath muse b's rugged exterior beats a heart as large and wild as the atlantic, and he readily agrees to aid muse a --- even offering her his name in marriage, albeit temporarily, to protect his longtime friend from scandal. but perilous secrets, determined enemies and tempests of the sea and soul threaten their future and safe passage even as bonds of camaraderie are miraculously reforged as bonds of desire ... and affection becomes passion and love.

serenity: a marriage agreement is sealed in secret behind the foreboding walls of england's newgate prison. in return for comfort and a feminine presence until it's his turn on the chopping block, a dashing condemned and wrongfully convicted criminal, muse b, consents to wed a beautiful heiress named serenity, thereby rescuing her from an impending and abhorred arranged union. but in the fading echoes of wedding vows and the expected death of her husband, serenity's sensuous free spirit takes flight to a lush caribbean paradise, tormented by the thought of what marrying muse b would have been like, and in the short time they spent with one another, why he had made her feel so strangely... alive? muse b's destiny, however, is unknowingly eternally intertwined with that of the tempestuous, intoxicating serenity. when his marked grave is filled by another, he's taken as a bondslave set for the same island his wife has fled to. he is not only determined to free himself from his unjustified indentured servitude among the working hands, but claim the bride that is rightfully his as well as enlisting her help in clearing his name. passion, yearning, and obstacles from all sides preventing them from being together will come into play as muse b fights for his serenity, in more ways than one.

the wolf and the dove: noble lady muse a grieves as the iron "wolf", muse b, and his men storm through her beloved blackwood hall, taking over both her family's homes and their lands in the name of the proclaimed norman king of england. as william the bastard turns into william the conqueror, a competing warrior for the upcoming ruler's affection disobeys the orders of both his king and his superior who happens to be muse b in conquering blackwood by killing its inhibitors, including the reigning lord and lady, rather than caring for them as future citizens. muse b, enraged by this, relinquishes the lands from his grasp, as well as the "dove", muse a, whose parents were killed in the slaughter. safeguarding her for the purpose of having someone familiar with his new holdings to maintain its prosperity, their relationship intricately entwines itself past their heritage's differences and forges a growing love that seems almost unbreakable, yet, will the many who attempt to shatter it succeed? as well as the impending realization that muse b might not be able to keep muse a safe forever, unless, of course, he asks for her hand in marriage? adverse to such commitments, the wolf will be forced to either come to terms with the raging tempest of uncertainty inside him or set his dove free forever.

ashes in the wind: muse a is forced to flee the devastation of her homeland in the guise of a young boy as it is ransacked and set fire to in the midst of the civil war, only to find sanctuary in the arms of an enemy. muse b is a dashing yankee surgeon who has served the union faithfully in both combat and medical skill, and his tender heart compels him to help a ragged, innocent "lad" in need--never suspecting the rags conceal a bewitching belle suspected of being a rebel spy. but muse a's masquerade does not fool muse b for long as he not only finds out her true identity but her innocence after he is sent to the front lines once more and has his life saved by her. in the process, the two catch a glimpse to the one who is besmirching her name as a fugitive, but there is little to be done on the battlefield and it is soon after muse b whisks her way to his northern hometown as the strength, courage, and breathtaking sensuality of this woman whom it would be treasonous to love sets duty and desire at war within him. with danger lurking around almost every corner where pasts and presents collide, along with the selfishness and evil-doing of outside forces, destiny has joined them for good or ill--and they both must follow where their hearts would lead them, if they are to build a glorious new life together out of the ashes of the old.

come love a stranger: mere days after muse b's wedding to the enchanting muse a, capricious fate stole the southern farmstead's owner's beloved from him. now, three years later, his carriage has collided with a cloaked rider on horseback: a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to the young bride who was swallowed up by the merciless river. muse a awakens from unconsciousness in muse b's magnificent home with no memory of who she is. yet the tenderness of this noble, caring stranger who lovingly calls her by her name soon captures her heart and enflames her with wanting. then another enters their lives, threatening to destroy the happiness they have rediscovered in each other's arms—the dark and dangerous husband of muse a's twin sister, who claims the enigmatic beauty is, in fact, his own wife, her twin sister. but muse b has sworn that he will not lose his adored one a second time, and he will risk any peril to preserve their newfound joy—no matter what the unremembered secrets of his lady's past ultimately reveal.

so worthy my love: muse b is the proud and passionate, the marquess of heart haven swore vengeance on those who had stolen his title and lands and branded him a traitor to the crown. muse a is beautiful and spirited, finding herself the innocent prisoner of the marquess, her family's most hated foe. in an attempt to steal muse a's cousin, muse b's previously betrothed before his exile, in the midst of a ball, the men who seize her for him mistakingly take muse a instead. bringing her with them to germany to meet muse b after their escape from england, he is hard pressed to learn that not only did his worthless subordinates take the wrong girl but one of which he loathed horribly. two bitter enemies caught in a dangerous tide that swept through elizabeth's england—and thus began a battle of wit and will between two people so perfectly matched that they could only fall in love.

(the muse in italics is who i would like my character to play. these plots are the only ones i've had interest in, but i will be adding more eventually. i'm also not opposed to any plots you guys have in mind if these don't interest you.)

fandoms! (i'd only like to use our own oc's within these universes. i am willing to double for these, but only with the right person)

game of thrones
house of dragon
one piece (heavily craving)
lore olympus (heavily craving)
the witcher
kamisama kiss
soul eater
avatar (big blue aliens & the last airbender)
tokyo ghoul

(will be adding more onto this as well, just what i could come up with at the moment. if you have a desired pairing, feel free to let me know if nothing else in this thread interests you!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back