Advice/Help A GM’s Search For Inspiration

keeruh

boo
Hello all — my name is Kyra and after a few months of stagnancy in my personal roleplay world, I’m desperate for a fresh, new and active group roleplay!

I’ve been writing and roleplaying for what is probably way too long and have years of experience being a GM, so I thought I’d give putting a group together another go, with fresh faces and inspiration!

My only dilemma, and the reason I’m making this post? I’m just so unsure of what the masses — you included — are craving plot wise at the moment !!

I’ve experience organizing groups of all sorts of settings and plots, and feel confident in my ability to come up with something that has a little bit for everyone, so if you’re facing a similar stagnancy or are just looking for something new, leave a comment with a setting or plot idea that you personally would find fun!​

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if this would be fun but for me it does sound fun.

So, basically the group rp idea follows some superhuman teens/young adults in a dystopian world where the government kills supers or experiments on them. Any child that shows any signs of being super is killed or brought to the lab. In the lab they are experimented on, ripped apart for dissection, or just used to power a machine. Now, our cast have managed to avoid the government and are pretty much nomads on the run, taking what they can get on the road and staying in abandoned areas. Imagine the movie Logan as the setting backdrop, the year is 2045 or something and scientists have found a way to put super suppressants in food all over grocery stores in the US.

Now for roles, we have the team leader who decided what the group does and watches over the group. Then we have the powerhouse who is the strongest of the group that usually are the ones in danger and holding off government troops. The powerhouse is the worst fear of the government and the soldiers will often refuse to fight them. Next up we have the scout who is fragile and not as strong as the other members but they make up for it in speed and agility. You can count on the scout to get something like a government zip drive or some important Mcguffin. Next we have the medic of the team, they heal the others when they are injured. Then we have the support who is often the one with powers that can be used from a long range and can support teammates from long range. Next up is the the second in command of the group, they can be a powerhouse, a scout, support, whatever. Maybe the leader and the second in command do not agree on everything to make it dramatic.

(Need more role types)

Now for the government, think of the reavers from Logan and thats what their soldiers will be like. They will also use the DNA of fallen supers to create super soldiers of their own to hunt down our cast. Bases are all over but the biggest one by far is Black Mesa in Nevada. The government will have eyes everywhere in the country and will know if our characters use our powers.

The goal is to free the supers from government facilities and start a revolution and face the government head on.

Take a look at the first few pages of the recruitment forum and see what most people are creating. If it fits what you can GM, then throw up an interest check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back