• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GoldenAgeBoredom

[Insert Clever Title Here]
Alright, so I'm not going to do a ton of lore or world building yet until I know that I have the interest; however, I want to do an RP where we roleplay in either a fantasy or highly futuristic world where we roleplay the political outcomes of our kingdoms/countries. It's similar to Game of Thrones in that aspect; however, depending upon preference from individuals, we could either do fantasy or Sci-Fi. Everything is going to be intentionally vague as to maintain a lot of room for us to build the world as a group, i.e., we all partake on world design.

If it were fantasy, I would imagine a similar situation to GOT where the High King of the land has vassals which report to him and serve on the King's council which meets one every month or so to maintain the peace of the realm. We may each have our secretive plots brewing in the meantime where we either stay in the capitol or return to our homes to muster our plots and bring them back. This roleplay will function where we each describe what we do in our month of downtime before each meeting in a post and then roleplay out the meetings between our leaders or knights and such. To me, this builds in the aspect of politics. Whether some schemes are successful or uncovered will depend upon various postings of individuals. For example, if you don't choose to spy on a kingdom, you probably won't know anything about what is going on inside the kingdom. If you decide to wage war on them, then you wage war on them and the two ambassadors will attempt to resolve this at the meeting or prior via military conflict.

I have an idea where covert action can be hidden and sent using the spoiler coding on RPN where we could state our communications to other nations versus more hat we are actually doing. Essentially, if you want to lie to all other kingdoms as you amass an army for conquering, you may do so. What the people at the council know is dependent upon the meetings which may not match the political reality of the globe.

As for the Sci-Fi idea, I would imagine that, because of threats of global war and climate change, these various countries have come together in a UN-esque method where they constantly convene and meet where we could choose counties to represent and perform similar actions; although, with the proliferation of media in the future, I imagine it would be cool to post two separate posts: 1) what you present to the media, and 2) what you are actually doing in private. This would let us know various ideas about the world before the meetings and allow us to either choose to spy/investigate other nations and such if we don't buy their media image. This could lead to really hotly contested disagreements in the world where everything is nasty and being torn apart. Another cool element of this futuristic version is that we could incorporate real world ideologies like communism, globalism, etc. into our countries and play on their ideologies and national histories.

Again, these are vague outlines of an RP without specifics. I would like to start an OOC if I get 4-5 people where we begin constructing the world altogether so that it feels more like a group RP and money hat we know the history of our fictional universe.

Comment below if you'd be interested and whether you would prefer fantasy or sci-fi. Cheers!

Sounds great! I'm interested in both fantasy and sci-fi setting, maybe a little more in the latter but they all look fun!

I have been working on lore for a sci fi RP that would fit this, so I could possibly run this if everyone is okay with a sci fi setting?

Intrigued.
Here's the concept:
After almost a hundred years of unimpeded human colonization, something...happened. Earth went dark. No communications, no shipments, nothing. Then the Alpha Centauri colony, and after that the next closest, until the only ones left are on the outer rim of inhabited space. The outer colonies, isolated and surrounded by pirates and raiders, united under a military dictatorship with similarities to the Roman's. At the top is the High Imperator, who in turn is elected for life by the Consulate, whose Consuls are in turn elected after serving in the military. Think a good mixture of traditional modern dictatorship with the scheming of ancient Rome.

Here's the concept:
After almost a hundred years of unimpeded human colonization, something...happened. Earth went dark. No communications, no shipments, nothing. Then the Alpha Centauri colony, and after that the next closest, until the only ones left are on the outer rim of inhabited space. The outer colonies, isolated and surrounded by pirates and raiders, united under a military dictatorship with similarities to the Roman's. At the top is the High Imperator, who in turn is elected for life by the Consulate, whose Consuls are in turn elected after serving in the military. Think a good mixture of traditional modern dictatorship with the scheming of ancient Rome.
Sounds pretty interesting! How did they end up reverting back to the Republic system? One of their leaders was a fan of ancient history, or is there some coincidence?

Sounds pretty interesting! How did they end up reverting back to the Republic system? One of their leaders was a fan of ancient history, or is there some coincidence?
I'm thinking that once everyone united they looked back in history and took inspiration. They wanted a government that allowed for order while not being a full on dictatorship.

Plus I just thought the titles sounded cool

I'm thinking that once everyone united they looked back in history and took inspiration. They wanted a government that allowed for order while not being a full on dictatorship.

Plus I just thought the titles sounded cool
Well I'd definitely be down. If you want to flesh it out and throw up a separate interest check, feel free to tag me in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back