• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Demon Crossover

Maven nodded thoughtfully, then chuckled a bit. "Well, that is certainly good news then, though Roy won't like it. Strong concentrations of dark magic make his magic fritz a bit, it annoys him to no end." They would have to be careful with Daniel then. He wouldn't start a fight, and he would try to avoid one, but if something happened and his body or mind took enough damage....

"Well there will be lots of that, I suppose," Mason says. He puts payment for his drink on the counter in front of Maven. "I will get going now. If you see my father- and you will know when you see him- say my name to yourself, I assure you I will hear it and come. If my father speaks to you or your friends, call him Satan." Mason smiles at Maven, leaving the inn with one last glance inside it. He goes to find Elizabeth, who is at a nearby market shopping for foods.

Maven shook her head a bit once he was gone and went about her work. Once she got a chance, she went over to Roy and relayed the information, though not before pushing his feet off of the table. He knew she hated that. Conroy nodded and spoke in a hushed tone to Maven, mostly about damage control, then put his feet back up. Daniel walked down from his room, well-dressed as usual but looking like he had just woken up (which he had). Without even having to look, he walked over to the table where his friends normally sat, in the corner, where they could see everything. He knocked Conroy's feet off the table and took his seat with a heavy sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason found Elizabeth, hugging her from behind gently and shopping around with her for awhile until they went to explore the wildlife they so dearly loved.

A little over an hour later, a tall man with groomed coffee-colored hair and black eyes identical to Mason's comes in. The eyes of women all over the common area get drawn to this man. He looks not much older than even Mason. His clothing is clean, every detail looked after. His warm expression holds a hint of amusement as he scans the room and smiles to the ladies looking at him. Satan, in his humanized form, stands in the room. If Conroy looks with his magic at him, he would see a sticky, pure black aura filling much of the area. Tendrils of darkness move and slither around Mason's father, but of course the average person cannot see that without assistance.

Maven noticed Satan's arrival. She'd changed into her common clothing of loose pants and a short-sleeved white tunic. Like Conroy, she also wore a number necklaces, though she had far fewer than he. When Satan walked in, she looked over to him and immediately recognized him as the man Mason had described. Very quietly, she murmured, "Mason," then looked to her friends. Conroy didn't seem especially happy, though it was understandable.

Conroy had felt Satan come in. What had informed him more than anything was a few sparks playing across his hands before he realized what was happening and took control. It was clear to him that the newcomer was far more powerful than Mason. He didn't have to like that such a powerful demon was there, but he wouldn't fight it. As long as nobody tried anything stupid, he didn't care if he sparked a bit here or there.

Daniel had been informed that Satan would arrive, and like his friends, he had immediately noticed the King of Hell's arrival. Though he was prepared for a fight, he wasn't scared of Satan, and was as calm as ever, even to the point where he had a slight, relaxed smile on his face. Maven had assured him that there would be no need to fight, so he was going to take her at her word... which was taking Mason at his.The well-dressed demon looked almost out of place in the inn, like a noble among commoners, but then again, he was, in a way.

Mason's ears perked. He heard Maven's voice loud and clear, and grabbed Elizabeth's arm. "My father has come. Let's go." Elizabeth nodded, and they quickly cleaned up the small picnic they were having in the wild and setting off at an inhuman speed.

Satan's eyes lock on the trio. He smiles wider and walks over. "Are you the friends of Mason and his lovely Elizabeth?" His voice was rather pleasant. Before the three could get an answer out, Mason quickly and quietly had come into the inn and now claps his hand on his father's shoulder.

"Acquaintances, father. Don't make me seem so likeable." Mason smiles at the man as he turns to him.

Satan chuckles and gives his son a brief hug. Mason glances at Maven while he hugs his father, as if to tell her see, I promised you I'd come.

As the embrace ends, a sudden and short gasp is heard from Mason. Satan had grabbed Mason by the back of his neck. "What are you doing hanging around a mage like that?" Satan hisses, not sounding so pleasant anymore. He doesn't let go of the tight grip he has on Mason. Elizabeth looks terrified. "You didn't tell me such a mage was here, what are you thinking?"

"I-I'm sorry, father," Mason winces and squirms, trying to hold his father's arm away from him but with no luck.

Well, the King had seemed very likable at first, though that wore off rather suddenly. The trio all stood simultaneously when Mason gasped. Daniel took a step forward, though he gave the demons plenty of space. "Sir, if I may. Conroy here is practically harmless." Well, he was until he was provoked. When provoked he could kill men with a glance. When angered, he could do even more. But Roy avoided fighting when at all possible. Continuing, Daniel said evenly, "I swear to you, none of us will attack unless we're forced to do so." That was true. Despite having just met - and fought - Mason, he did seem like a nice guy, and Daniel didn't want to just leave him at the mercy of his father.

Satan looks to Daniel, narrowing his eyes to study him and finally letting go of Mason. Mason sighs in relief and rubs the back of his neck, Elizabeth hurriedly hugging Mason to comfort him.

Satan then looks at Conroy. "Your magic is made to kill dark magic. I respect you, sir." Satan takes a deep breath and runs a hand through his hair, messing up the well-groomed style and letting it fall towards his face. He starts feeling bad, and turns to Mason to kiss his head (an affectionate habit Mason picked up from his father) and hold his chin gently, saying something in their native demonic tongue to which Mason nods and looks down, appearing solemn. Letting go of Mason's chin, Satan turns back to the others and looks at Daniel. He stays silent for a moment, then speaks again.

"How long has it been? Since you died, the first time?"

Conroy nodded a bit, but stayed standing. His magic was defensive in nature, which did include shields against all kinds of dark magic. But he had also trained himself in holy magics and other kinds. Because he was such a powerful mage, he was able to train in areas other than his innate defensive magic without greatly weakening his innate skill. More than that, though, he knew almost innumerable rituals and enchantments, many of which involved banishing a demon, or even banishing dark magic from a caster.

All three in the trio tensed immediately when Satan asked Daniel how long it had been. Conroy and Maven knew that Daniel didn't like talking about it, but Daniel held the demon king's gaze, with a light in his eyes that clearly said he wasn't scared. "About seven years." Every once in a while Daniel had to stop and count how long it had been, and last he'd checked it was seven, nearing eight. Had Mason told his father that Daniel had died? Or did Satan just... know? The one scar that Mason had seen just showed one of his many deaths, and the one he was most upset by, as well as most ashamed of. Whenever people saw it, they panicked, and treated him like some kind of monster, an inhuman beast....

Conroy quickly cast a shield about the group so the others in the inn wouldn't hear their conversation, but rather the quiet murmur of a normal conversation. He could tell this conversation would be the kind to attract attention. Maven, in the meantime, was considering if she needed to run back to the rooms to get the black bag. In the case that Satan did attack, it would prove very, very useful. But until it was needed, and until someone was hurt, she couldn't do much, and with the topic having gone to where it had, she knew it was best to keep quiet.

Satan nods. "Seven years since you met a god. Your wife died with you, did she not? Excuse me for prying. I am out of practice, I must know if my information is correct."

Elizabeth stands in front of Mason, looking to Satan then Daniel. What Satan was saying was making even her uncomfortable. If things continued as they were now, who knows where things will lead. What exactly was Satan trying to accomplish? He was more than capable of gathering information himself. Was he trying to break Daniel? No, he had no reason to... right?

Mason watched his father. His neck was still hurting, but he ignored the pain well. His mind was just about blank. Mason was only listening.

Conroy cringed a bit. Satan shouldn't have mentioned Celeste.... He looked to Elizabeth to try to figure out exactly what was going on.

Daniel's eyes narrowed a bit and his temper sparked slightly. "I've spoken with a god many times since then." He wasn't going to talk about Celeste. Too many people had tried to use her against him.Despite the fact that she was dead, Daniel was still protective of his wife. With a quiet growl, Daniel asked, "You're in my head, aren't you?"

Elizabeth looks at Conroy when she feels his eyes on her. She looks as clueless as she feels. Satan has always been a mystery.

Satan cracks a slight smile. He doesn't beat around the bush, saying a simple, "Yes." Then pausing for a split second before speaking again. "Your history is quite fascinating, and intricate. I am sorry for what happened to your and your wife. But having the strength of a demon feels good, no?"

"No," Daniel growled with a definite tone of finality. In his mind, it felt horrid. Being able to cause so much damage with the tiniest movement, technically not being human, and then the side-effect.... The demon was really starting to get on Daniel's nerves. Why did he have to pry - It struck him at the same moment as Conroy. Satan was trying to piss Daniel off, probably to see what he could do... and it was working. But now that he had realized what was happening, Daniel wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. "I'm going to invite you to get out of my head and stop trying to make me mad."

With a chuckle, Satan shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I won't listen to you that easily." Satan considers putting up an illusion of Daniel's dead wife in front of him to further irritate him, but quickly decides that the common area of an inn wasn't the best place to fight on this level.

Elizabeth's thoughts finally come together, and she understands about as much as Conroy and Daniel- except for the part where she had no idea Daniel had a wife until just moments ago.

Satan hummed, looking to Conroy after he milked Daniel of his information. "Your magic is on edge. It's itching to get rid of me. Why haven't you attacked yet? Have I not upset your friend? Loyalty in this realm sure is scarce." A smirk forms and he looks back to Daniel. "Loyalty. Something your dear wife did not have." He was implying she was unfaithful. A bluff, of course, but Satan had to try and climb inside of Daniel's emotions somehow.

"I don't fight unless I have to. I am in full control of my magic. It does as I wish, not the other way around. I will not be the one to strike first." Now he was going after Conroy? Damn, for someone who had started out so nice.... Luckily, it was extremely hard to actually irritate Roy, falling short of hurting someone he loved, like Maven. And then the Devil insulted Celeste.

Both Maven and Conroy's eyes widened in horror, and Conroy reached out to grab Daniel's shoulder, in a panic. They couldn't afford a fight, not now. Dammit, he's too close to dark magic for this! Daniel's whole body had stiffened and his fists had clenched tightly. He was trying to control his rage, really, he was. But it was getting increasingly difficult. He knew he was giving the Devil what he wanted, but he couldn't stop. "Leave my wife out of this."

Maven intervened now. "Let's continue this conversation out back, in the open air, yes? I believe that would be the best idea." If a fight had to break out, that was where Conroy would have enough space to cast spells without worrying about people, and it also meant nobody got caught in Daniel's path... and that nobody would see the fight, as the inn was backed up against woodlands.

"I think that is a lovely idea." Satan says. The six of them make their way outside, towards the woods and out of sight. Mason still looks void of emotion and feeling, Elizabeth having to guide him outside so that he doesn't get left behind. She didn't like this idea one bit. Fighting wasn't necessary, if only Satan would listen and stop taunting this poor man.

Once outside, the Devil's eyes turn from black to a light silver that appears almost white.

Outside in the fresh midday air, Daniel managed to think strategically, and growled to Satan, "I don't want to fight anyone. Stop trying to make me mad." Okay, not much strategy, but h got his point across - they weren't enemies, unless Satan continued this taunting. Despite that, though, Daniel noticed that something was wrong with Mason. Was he just suddenly meek because of his father? No, then he wouldn't be needing his wife to guide him.... His wife.... Daniel discreetly ran his thumb along the wooden band on his third finger. Celeste wouldn't want me fighting....

"But I'm not trying to make you anything. I am simply speaking, and you are making yourself get mad at my words." Satan steps toward Maven suddenly, being a bit less than a foot away from her. Satan has his hands clasped behind his back calmly. He leans his upper body down and toward Maven as to be closer to her level. "Hello, dear."

Satan looks to Conroy. "Observe. I am doing nothing to your mate, simply standing in front of her. But you are getting irritated at me, aren't you? Already silently threatening me, although I am doing nothing. Why should either of you be angry, if I am not deliberately trying to do anything?"

Satan was pushing his limits, pissing off Conroy and Daniel both. Sparks crackled around Conroy's hands and in his hair, and it wasn't just from all the dark magic. Maven was his to protect, despite "mate" being the wrong term for what they were, and even if it had been a god treating her like that, like a pawn in a chess game and had no opinions, he'd still have been willing to fight. Daniel growled, "Don't play games, you know exactly what you're doing." Maven, on the other hand, had had enough nonsense, and pushed Satan away from her. It was a gentle push, but she still pushed him just enough to make him move away from her. Not an attack in any way, but a correction. "Gods Above, I can tell you're not from around here, you don't even know it's rude to stand so close to a woman without her permission!"

Satan laughs lightly, gently taking the hand that pushed him and gentlemanly kissing her knuckles before stepping away more. "My apologies." He clearly doesn't care what time period he's from. A man who makes his own rules is a man without boundaries.

Suddenly, Mason speaks up. "Father." His voice is strained, weak, lacking his usual tone. "Don't touch her." Mason can empathize with Conroy. He didn't like when others touched his Elizabeth either, unless she had the intention of being touched.

Conroy looked to Mason for a few moments. There was still a certain brightness in the silver parts of his eyes, but he could recognize that Mason was on his side in this, and that earned a certain respect. In honesty Conroy was proud of Maven for defending herself in such a manner. He was usaully proud of her, though, but her actions didn't surprise him. Before he could say anything, though, Maven did.

"You don't have respect for anyone, do you? First you taunt Daniel, then Conroy, and you're using me as a pawn in your stupid game. What are you trying to prove? Nobody here is going to hurt you unless you attack, and nobody here had disrespect for you, at least until you started behaving like a cocky schoolboy. All of us can get along fine if you would just stop your stupid games." Maven was looking Satan right in the eyes as she scolded him. She'd had to deal with his kind before, both nobles and cocky, rude snobs.

Daniel was silent for the most part, just glaring at Satan. He was starting to calm down from Satan's verbal attacks, but he was still on edge, and now he just felt emotionally tired and rather irritable.

Satan can't help but break out into laughter. "A tough one, we have here. I'm sorry, child, but you are not as all-knowing as you believe you are. I have already gathered all I need to gather, I am simply having a bit of fun now."

Mason lets go of Elizabeth and walks over, standing in front of Satan so he's between him and the others. Mason doesn't lift his eyes, they're set to the ground. "Father, I believe it is time for you to leave these people alone. Go have your fun elsewhere." He is standing where he is to prevent Satan from touching anyone again. However, Satan loosely puts his arms over Mason's shoulders in a loose hug, leaning close so his mouth is near Mason's ear.

"Then you and Elizabeth leave as well, sweet child. There is no business for you here. Run off elsewhere, back to the Victorian age if you so please." Satan's offer upset Elizabeth, but she understood why it was probably necessary. Mason, too. If they left now, no more trouble would come to these poor people.

Conroy moved to stand beside Maven. And slightly in front of her. If Satan wanted to something stupid, he'd have to do it to Roy, who was still sparking. Maven clearly didn't need protection, but that didn't mean he couldn't still be protective.

Daniel was going to back up Mason on this. Exasperated, Daniel laughed a bit and said, "Look, what do you want? Amusement? We're not going to play a stupid game for you. And if you have nothing better to do than play with some mortals, then that's saying more about you than us." The expression on Daniel's face, the glance that said, "sorry, buddy, but it's true," was showing just how little he cared that he was talking to a demonic king. The demon had shown manners earlier, why didn't he keep to them? By now Daniel had recovered from Satan's verbal assault. "See, we have no problem with Mason and Elizabeth because they are actually polite."

Satan hisses. "You dare insult me thus?" He lifts his head from Mason, going from his second stage of white eyes to his third in the blink of an eye. His third stage was small sized horns on his head and a few tendrils of darkness showing themselves around his body. His nails grew sharp and long much like Mason's had before, and his voice got deeper, not semi soft and pleasant like before. In the same moment as he turned, he reaches out to attack Daniel.

However, he is suddenly stopped by Mason grabbing his father's arm and flipping him so his back slammed against the hard ground. Mason holds his hand out, palm out towards his father. A smokey bubble forms around the laying body of Satan. A barrier of sorts. As all this happened, Mason went straight from his first form to his third. His dark aura grew considerably. His irises were bright red, his hair seeming even blacker. He seemed to get a bit taller and buffer. Horns bigger than Satan's current ones, and hands pulsing with veins to match the intensity of his sharp nails.

"Run." Mason said to not only the trio, but his wife too. Satan was taken aback and needed to get his bearings. Mason's barrier was delaying Satan's response time, slowing his thought process.

"Maven, get out of here, Roy, get the black bag and come back, but stay out of the way." Daniel was not about to run from this. He had started it, he wasn't going to leave Mason to his father. Even if Daniel was killed, he didn't care. In the end it meant he could see his wife for a bit, and that was worth any pain. He was well aware of the dagger on his belt, but he also knew that drawing it could very well make things considerably worse. He got into a fighting stance and waited. So he can give it but he can't take it let's hope that applies to his fighting too.

Maven was about to say that she wouldn't leave, when Conroy grabbed her hand dragged her back into the inn.
"You work cleanup, okay? In the thick of a fight like this, I don't know what you can do, and neither Daniel not I can protect you. Please, stay here."

Maven looked upset, but nodded. Conroy gave her a quick kiss, then ran upstairs. His biggest concern wasn't Satan, but Daniel. If Daniel was pushed too far....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back