• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ȶɦɛ ɦɛʀƈʊʟɛǟռ ȶʀɨǟʟֆ — 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺

lvcid

Elder Member

the herculean trials

scroll right

the plot

synopsis

genre

action, adventure, fantasy

warnings

death, violence

gm

status

open

other links

tbd

Established in the early 20th century and settled in the remote country side of New York State, Viridian Academy was created as a safe space for demigods to go once they aged out of Camp Half-Blood and entered adulthood. It offers a wide array of courses fit for its special demographic of students, but for those looking for further exclusivity, there’s something beyond the hidden campus and challenging classes: whispers of a secret society echo within the ivy-covered walls of Viridian, but one simply doesn’t go looking for the Order of Prometheus. If they want to be made known, they’ll do it themselves, but only to those they deem deserving of their favor.

It’s not clear how long the Order has been operating, and to most of the Academy’s inhabitants whether or not it even truly exists, but that’s how its members prefer it. The Order is like a slowly-spreading sickness—the longer Viridian’s higher-ups willfully ignore it, the more damage it can do to the school. Until someone puts a forceful stop to their odd practices, though, things will carry on as usual this year, starting with their infamous Herculean Trials.

The unlabeled ivory envelopes, marked only by golden seals, are distributed in the guise of night to the small group of carefully selected, prospective new members of the Order, setting into motion the initiation ritual. No one ever dares to turn down the invitation; by that time, they know too much, and the Order doesn’t take its secret existence lightly. If and when the initiates eventually regret their choice to follow through, it’s too late—they’re already in the Order’s suffocating grasp, and the only way out is falling victim to the Herculean Trials as so many other students have in the past, mysterious vanishings written off by the school board as runaway cases.

Things are bound to be taken too far eventually—the Gods have been paying closer attention to the Order’s antics than the Aegis-born realize, and their patience is wearing thin—and when they do, will the Order of Prometheus finally reach its time of rising up against the Olympians, or will they be blind-sided by the fact that perhaps they weren’t as invincibly strong as they’ve come to believe?

welcome!

Thanks for showing interest in this! Make sure to read through everything before asking any questions as anything not answered in the overview above is likely explained further in the other tabs. Aside from that, I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have, and I look forward to writing with you all!!

the rules

rules

rule one
Obviously, all RPN rules apply, but a large part of OOC interactions will occur over Discord (which is a must! I’ll send out a link for the group to those of you who are accepted). Please treat each other with kindness and respect! No hate-fueled speech of any sort will be tolerated.

rule two
This is a college-based setting, so all characters should be aged accordingly (18-25). Please use realistic face claims only, and while this is a power-heavy/supernatural environment, remember to give your characters limitations as well. Nobody’s perfect in real life, and nobody should be here, either.

rule three
There is no set start/due date for this as I want to see how much interest it garners first. Please be patient with me, and I’ll be patient with you! While I’m eager to get things going here, real life issues are always a priority. Once this begins, I’d like to see at least one 5+ paragraph post per week, but if you have any problems that would prevent that, please let me know, and we can work something out!

the vibes

moodboard

wordbank

mythology

quests

danger

dark academia

secret society

demigods

monsters

the houses

dorms

naturalis mundi

#sky

#sea

#earth

This dorm is the place for children of Gods with domain over anything pertaining to the natural world—light, air, water, and earth. Descendants of Poseidon, Zeus, and Demeter would be well at home here, to name a few.

bellum et pax

#battle

#knowledge

#stratagem

War and wisdom often go hand-in-hand, as Gods like Athena know well. This dorm is for the offspring of any such God, whether they lean more towards the chaos of battle or the peace of knowledge and learning.

amare

#love

#emotions

#fertility

While expressing their emotions in healthy ways isn’t necessarily a strong suit for the Gods, many of them like to meddle in the love affairs of those around them, such as Aphrodite and her son, Eros. This dorm is the place for the Gods of Love and/or Fertility’s many, many children.

artem

#arts

#creativity

#building

Since the Greek myths first came to be, the arts have always played a large part in the stories, and likewise, many of the Gods have adopted their own area of expertise. For any student with a knack for music, theater, tinkering, or painting, this is the dorm for them.

vita et mors

#life

#sustenance

#death

Life and death is inevitable for everyone except the Gods, even their offspring. Sometimes, it can be prolonged by way of medicine or healing magic, but most make a trip to Hades eventually. This dorm is for the kids of any Gods ruling over the cycle of the living or the dead.

magus

#magic

#occult

#otherworldly

Even in a place of supernatural power, there is a special kind of magic that not many possess but everyone seeks out. Hecate and Circe are but two examples of those possessing of such abilities, but any student with an especially rare connection to the occult is welcome in this dorm.

the spots

roles

Engage with the pain as a motive Today of all days see how the most dangerous thing is to love How you will heal and rise above

Engage with the pain as a motive Today of all days see how the most dangerous thing is to love How you will heal and rise above

uxie ®

Last edited:
Hey, this looks amazingly well put together. Very much interested

so happy to see this much interest!! i’ll probably have the cs thread up later this afternoon, so stay tuned 🤭

alright, the cs thread is up!

i won’t be making an ooc thread here, as that’s what the discord will be for later, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here or to message me separately (:

Last edited:
alright, the cs thread is up!

i won’t be making an ooc thread here, as that’s what the discord will be for later, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here or to message me separately (:
Not sure if it's just on my end, but the link doesnt seem to be working

Also look at the weapon I found for my character, I'm obsessed
dd8947d057b20f75fd917f40a0090819.jpg

i think naturalis mundi would probably fit best, since she’s the goddess of spring, but vita et mors might work too, given her connection to hades.
I think I'll place her in naturalis mundi for now, but if there's an imbalance in the dorms, I wouldnt mind switching her to vita et mors later if need be

So for the children of prometheus and aegis born should we mention what their trials were for them to be accepted into the order? And should it be one major thing or should it be 12 like the labours were?

So for the children of prometheus and aegis born should we mention what their trials were for them to be accepted into the order? And should it be one major thing or should it be 12 like the labours were?
yeah! you don’t have to go into a lot of detail, but you can kind of just talk about how the trials went for them, any obstacles they faced, if they changed as a person because of them, etc. and the trials are broken up into 12 different tasks, so they don’t all happen at once. they’re discreetly sent notes telling them where to go/what to do for their trials after the initial rundown, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back