• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Contest For a Hero {PRIVATE}

GrayDiscipleOfYeet

Khrona Tensei Khrona Tensei

Earth's strongest teenager is summoned to another realm to compete in a tournament to test his skills. Along the way, encountering a colorful cast of characters and learning more about where he came from.

Is it okay if my guy (Tommy Derekson) is the biological child of one of the royal family's many members? Like a Goku/Superboy situation?​

(He Can't Be Part Of The Royal Family Because Of How I Have The Story Set Up, But He Can Be Part Of The Clan Of People, Which Has The Bloodline In Them.)

When Tommy was summoned from the Earth to the Dimension known as 'the Veritas', he would be in a pumpkin-shaped colosseum that was large enough to encompass several cities' worth of people. There were people who were animals, aliens, humans, spirits, and just about anything else all lined up to fill the colosseum known as 'Magnum'. They were all already cheering once the Earth boy appeared.

Now who summoned him for combat was none other than the Magnus Ignis, the Fire God known as Titus. He had seen the young man's strength and heroism on earth and decided to put him to the test.

"Welcome!" Magnus Ignis said, "This Is The Veritas' Colosseum, Magnum! I Am The Magnus Ignis, Titus, And You Are Here Because You Are Earth's Strongest, And I Wish To Test Your Strength As A Hero." Magnus Ignis was a thirteen foot tall, muscular, flaming-haired monk with prayer beads around his neck, wrists, and ankles. From his wrists came fire that shaped into hands, but were locked together in front of him like a monk's hands when not in combat. His feet were the same way; fiery from the ankles down. He had a sharp, animalistic look in his narrow eyes and wore a sleeveless black unitard. He stood before Tommy and noticed that he had some Tensei in his blood, immediately finding this out because of the Family Bond shared between all Tensei. It was unclear if Tommy was aware that he was part Tensei, but whatever the case may be, it may give him an edge in the fight.

"So, Young Man," Titus, the Magnis Ignis, bellowed, "What Is Your Name And What Are Your Powers? I Am A Fire God That Rules Over All Things Associated With Heat, Flame, And The Sun. I Am The Sun Of This World Given Manlike Form." Just to be clear, the sun of the Veritas was also a pumpkin. Titus awaited eagerly the answer of Tommy as he stood there, his own hair flickering about as flames do.

Last edited:
(That's fine!)

You wouldn't expect a normal high school student to get swept away in the middle of school to a whole other world. But Tommy Derekson wasn't a normal high school student; He, in fact, happened to be one of Earth's most powerful fighters. So, standing in the middle of a pumpkin-shaped arena while in his gym class outfit wasn't out of the ordinary for him. Dusting himself up and standing up straighter, the dark-haired boy faced his opponent.

Almost immediately, something about this giant fire god felt...Familiar. Having recently been interested in his birth family, Tommy took every chance he got to look into them. Who they were...What they were...That kind of thing. Just to know where he and his powers came from. Maybe Titus and him were family? Insane, but not unlikely. "My name's Tommy Derekson. I'm super strong, I can fly, and that's just two of the ones I know." It sounded like he was bragging, but it was true. Once in a while, Tommy seemed to spontaneously manifest another power. Most of them associated with things like ice and diamonds, weirdly enough.​

Titus gazed at Tommy with a familiarity that was something like a kinship, reading his heat signature and other wavelengths with his radiant green eyes alone. There was a soft smile on his face as Tommy spoke, and his hands made of fire were merged together seamlessly. "Ah, So Your Powers Are Not Yet Fully Known To You?" the Magnus Ignis asked, "Then This Should Be An Education To You." The Fire God was already prepared for battle, despite remaining in a state that looked like a humble monk. "I See Great Strength In You Already. Let Us See Just How Much!" The crowd of variable beings cheered again as they knew that the fight was about to begin.

Magnus Ignis Titus took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he did so. When he exhaled sharply, his eyes opened quickly and he darted towards Tommy, turning into a blur of flames as he made his move. He was too quick for the natural eye to see and in a moment's notice, the giant fiery man was before Tommy with a burning kick aimed for his torso. It was being propelled by jet flares that his feet could change into, since his feet were made of fire, increasing the attack's power and speed significantly as he made his kick. All the while, Magnus Ignis kept his keen eyes on Tommy, the nearly slit eyes of a restrained beast shining brightly.

Tommy's response was reflexive: He raised crossed arms while his body became coated in diamond. The biological armor turning a smoky white color, but the young hero was unharmed. He ended up sliding back on the heels of his feet. The boy lowered his once-shining arms. The attack, as well as parts of his transformation, left him in tattered clothes. But he was alive. Alive and ready to keep fighting.

Okay, now it was time to cool the fire god down. And how was Tommy going to do it? Ice breath. He'd have to get close enough to hit, but far enough so as not to get burned again. Focusing so as to keep his armor on, he dashed towards his opponent.​

Titus landed on the ground with a powerful thud, that which rumbled the stadium just slightly when he hit. His hands of fire had not been disconnected from each other yet, and he noticed that Tommy had used a power he hadn't mentioned before -- diamonds. "Hm..." Titus hummed to himself, thinking deeply, as he so often did, "... Diamond, Eh? I'll Have To Turn Up The Heat..." Even diamonds could shatter if heated and cooled extremely fast at extreme temperatures, and the Fire God had the power to both generate heat and take heat away. Tommy might be in trouble if that was his only means of defense, but Titus wouldn't let him know that he had the power to do that just yet. Instead, Titus would read the brain waves of Tommy to get an idea of what he was thinking of doing by watching his brain's heat signature.

'He's Up To Something,' the Magnus Ignis thought, watching Tommy as he came in closer after being knocked so far away, 'I'll Have To Keep Him On His Toes.' With that thought, Magnus Ignis said, "Ignite," and in Tommy's general direction as well as in various spots across the battlefield, fire would spontaneously spark in a light explosion from the heat in the atmosphere, yet the fires were powerful enough to knock one off of their feet. Magnus Ignis intended to blow Tommy into one of the ignitions and then into another, and another, and so on until he was rattled a bit. It would look like several small explosions going off in sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back