• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Change of Heart (TwistedCupid666 & DawnAntalios)

The hours flew faster than ever before for Natalie. As a demon with full of the desire to absorb knowledge she quickly learnt everything taught there... but something did disrupt her attention. Every time she looked outside the window and saw the sky she saw the cheerful face of Blair and her stomach churned strangely.

" What is this... " she told to herself as she searched for a secluded spot in the shade during the dinner break. These emotions did not make sense to her... why was this intruding warmth so good despite she was being told it would be painful?

She fluttered around, avoiding the rest of the students, all of them sneering at her. She soon found Natalie and, yet again, called for her.

How had she ended up there?

Her heart had lead her...

"I really don't like school...."

Surprised that Blair had found her here outside she nodded but then said otherwise.

" Their methods are not the best. They force you to do their bidding, enslaving you, but their goal is noble. Being oblivious to the world's dangers because of lack of information is more threatening than school itself. " she said while she took a bite from the "food" she found in the trash before she left the alley.

" They wish the best for all of us... yet it just makes things worse sometimes. "

"I understand..."

She settled onto the ground beside Natalie and started nibbling at the apple in her hands. "I feel....strange when I'm with you....good strange, though."

(I propose an accidental kiss!)

( Sounds nice to me! )

Natalie blushed.

" It is probably due to me being a demon. " she said sadly " Strange is not the word they usually use. Disgusting, horrifying and abominable are the terms I am used to. " she sighed and finished her not-so good meal.

She then looked at her with curious eyes.

" Blair, I wanted to ask... " she turned to her but then something unexpected happened. Blair's lips which were originally meant to meet her cheek now met her lips instead. Her entire face turned red... but did not pull away. There they sat, two girls kissing each other in the shade. It was once again strange... yet good.

Natalie was stunned and for a while she could not move at all. She stood there, emotions swirling in her. Then suddenly, tears started to sflow from her eyes.

" What... was that? " she asked, fighting her tears. She wanted to know the origin of this phenomenon.

Blair gripped the grass and mumbled the answer.

"It was a kiss...I'm sorry, I should of thought before I acted.."

She's looked up at Natalie, tears in her own eyes.

"I care about you much more than friends."

She buried her face in her hands as she wept. She cried for a while before she answered.

" I... I have never felt so much warmth in me before... " she said " It almost hurts... but this is a good pain... "

She looked at her with grateful eyes.

" You are truly an angel... "

"Just because I am good, does not mean I am an angel."

She smiled gently at Natalie and pushed her hair behind her ear. She let her hand linger on her cheek, before putting it in her lap.

She looked up at her. Maybe it was time to explains.

" Demons are not supposed to feel good emotions. It literally tear us apart on the inside, eats away our very being... and so does it with me. This... 'kiss' as you called it made me feel unimaginable... yet I would do it again. " she said.

" It felt... warm and fuzzy, even though it hurts... I... " she could not finish the sentence. She was just looking at Blair with hope glinting in her eyes.

Natalie felt a rush of pain enveloping her - but also the surge of warmth which came before. She closed her eyes to numb the pain but it just intensified with every moment. In response she extended her arms and grabbed Blair gently, pressing her lips against hers even more with more passion.

She felt losing her balance as the excruciating pain overwhelmed her mind and fell back on the grass - gasping for air in pain. She felt agony unknown before creeping over her body.

She could not answer, still gasping for air. The pain this time did not go away - it ate at her mind and hurt like nothing before. She turned on her back, her left arm turning into one of a demon and she grabbed the shade of the tree. Placing her mouth around that spot she consumed the darkness and the agony receded.

Finally suppressing the anguish she panted in exhaustion as she looked at Blair.

" I am sorry. "

" Now you understand why demons are not feeling as you do. " she said, sighing. She looked at her long, demonic arm in silence before she replied.

" Sometimes I damn myself. My very existence. " she closed her eyes. " I could have been so many things other than this... abomination. Yet that is what I got. But why... "

She looked at her and frowned.

" Just look at me. On the outside you see a girl in school uniform, shy and not wanting to talk to others. " she then waved her demonic claw before her. " But then you see her true colors: a demon, a terror everyone fears and hates with a spiteful purpose. "

She reverted the claw into a normal hand and looked at Blair.

" What do you call that if not an abomination? I can not even feel those good feeling you do without tearing my body apart. "

"The hate part, no. Spiteful, nada. You are far from an abomination. You can still have those good feelings, even if they are painful. You may be a demon, but you do not act like one. You are kind, caring. You spared me in the park yesterday."

She gripped Natalie's now human hand in both of hers, she looked up at her and sighed. "You are better than most of my kind. And we are supposed to be kind and all the things you are, but they are more like demons than they'd care to admit."

Natalie remained silent for a while. Blair was so different from anything she got used to.

" Why are you not angry? " she asked " Why do you not punish me for my lamentation? You have all the right to do it. "

She sat there, anticipating the strikes.

" I... " she hesitated for a moment. She was uncertain if she should talk about this but...

" I was never allowed to speak. When words slipped out of my mouth I got whipped. And again. And again. " she recalled the memories with sadness. " And now I lamented to you, more than I should have... "

She bowed her head and bent down.

" I understand if you wish to punish me. I deserve it. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back